Summer 2007: Remy

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Post your summer fun here!!!

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

He stepped out of the sliding doors, clutching the two bags that contained his net worth, feeling a bit like a yoyo. He’d barely left New Orleans, only to be back again. Add to that the trip he’d made to the airport to pick Talia up, and he was starting to become very familiar with this airport. Glancing around, he spotted the car and headed towards it, surprised when his Uncle stepped out of the drivers side. He smiled in greeting and waited for some cars to pass before crossing to where his uncle was idling in the pick up lane.

“Thought y’ were busy today.”

Jean-Luc hugged him in greeting, clapping one hand on his back. “Well, I was…but managed t’ sneak away, an’ thought I’d come t’ pick y’ up myself. Would have come in an’ met y’ inside, but I was a bit pressed for time.”

He made an aborted attempt to hug him back, the heavy duffel bags getting in the way, causing his uncle to laugh and grab one of the bags from him, placing it in the trunk. “Is dat all y’ have? Y’ got more comin’ down later with d’ excess baggage or anythin’?”

Tossing the other bag in the trunk he shook his head. “Non, dat’s it. Remy likes t’ travel light.”

“Bon. Y’ hungry? We could go somewhere t’ eat on d’ way home if y’ want.” He shut the trunk and the both climbed into the car, his uncle behind the wheel.

”Non – it’s fine.” He waited until his uncle pulled out into traffic. “Theoren have d’ day off or somethin’?”

Jean-Luc chuckled again. “I do like t’ drive on occasion. It’s just dat often I’m busy doin’ stuff an’ its easier t’ have a driver. Its nice t’ drive myself places too though. Y’ drive at all?”

“Well…oui. But don’t have a license, so Remy has t’ be careful about it.”

His Uncle’s brow puckered at that. “Oui, was thinkin’ about dat actually. Tracked down y’re birth certificate for y’. Didn’t figure y’ had a copy of it. But couldn’t find any other trace of y’…no social security number or nothin’. D’ y’ have anythin’?”

“Non.” He shrugged. “Never really needed it.”

“Well…we’ll get y’ all straightened out. Y’ can get anythin’ based of y’re birth certificate.” His Uncle glanced at him as he was doing a shoulder check. “But if y’ didn’t have any ID, how in d’ hell did y’ get on a plane?”

He snorted and pulled a card out of his back pocket, showing it to his uncle while they waited at a stop light.

“Robert Lord?” He chuckled at the picture of his nephew on it. “Damn. I woulda sworn dat was d’ real thing.”

“Dat’s d’ point. A fake’s no good if y’ can tell its fake.”

They drove in silence for a few minutes as he thought about what his Uncle had said. A paper trail was something he generally avoided, but then maybe it was time he had some legit stuff. Something real.

“Y’ know…I wasn’t meanin’ t’ pressure y’ or make y’ feel bad Remy. I know dat y’ve made do with what y’ had.”

He jerked his gaze back to his Uncle. “Non, dat’s ok…think it would be a good idea, maybe. T’ get d’ paperwork done I mean.”

“Bein! I’ve got some forms at home, an’ we’ll get things straightened up.” Jean-Luc flashed him a happy smile. “I’m glad y’re home for d’ summer. It’s gonna be nice t’ have y’ around.”
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

He found himself sitting in his uncle’s office the morning after he arrived, nervously waiting as his uncle fetched them some coffee. He was glad that they were going to ‘get down to business’ and he could find out what tasks he could do to pay for his keep. There was still that worry that he was going to disappoint him – after all, it wasn’t like he had much of a resume.

He looked around curiously at the room as he waited. The office was large enough to hold all the large book cases, his uncle’s desk, a small couch and a couple of chairs as well as another smaller desk in the corner which he supposed Henri used, without seeming crowded. The furniture was in keeping with the rest of the house – richly polished wood that had the patina of the generations of people that had used them.

He turned, giving his uncle a small smile when he entered the room, taking the mug that was held out to him, watching the older man expectantly as he took the chair behind the large desk that dominated the room.

“So. Y’ all unpacked? Are y’ fine with d’ room?”

His uncle had put him in the same room he’d stayed in before, which was nice. He’d been surprised to find how much he already felt reasonably at home in there. “Oui. Merci Nonc.”

“Y’ don’t have to keep on thankin’ me for stuff.” Jean-Luc gave him a smile to take any sting out of the words. “Y’re part of d’ family. It’s yours.” He clasped his hands, and leaned on his elbows and looked at him seriously. “So, t’ start off den, have y’ put any more thought into what y’d like t’ do long term? What y’d like t’ do as a career?”

“Uh…” Yeah, that was a great answer. He’d expected more of a listing off of jobs, not more introspection. “Non?”

His uncle chuckled at his response, but looked a bit perplexed. “Y’ got t’ consider what y want for y’re future, Remy. Otherwise how will y’ work towards it?”

“It’s jus’…never thought about it much. Don’t really know what Re…” He scowled. Damn Dr. Guan. “I’d be able t’ do, y’ know?”

“Oui. Suppose dat takes us t’ d’ next point. Y’ know how y’ asked what y’ could do t’ make up for livin’ here for d’ summer?”

He nodded, glad to have the conversation turn to more tangible things. “Oui.”

Jean-Luc pointed to the desk in the corner. “Dat’s yours. Figure dat y’ need some foundation first, in order t’ do d’ kind of work dat I’d ask of y’…so y’ll be gettin’ y’re GED dis summer.”

“But how does da…” His uncle cut him off before he could get started.

“Look. Y’ need it. An’ it’s not gonna be easy t’ get it – y’ only have a few months. Y’ll be puttin’ in more hours dan me in dis office. Henri, Mercy an’ myself will help y’ out – but make no mistake, it’s gonna be a job an’ a half.”

Jean-Luc stood up, gesturing for Remy to follow him to the smaller desk. “Y’ got y’re own laptop – dat can go upstairs or outside with y’ – wherever y’ want t’ go.” He pulled a information brochure out of the top drawer and showed it to him. “Dis is d’ program dat I picked out – it was d’ most flexible – y’ can get it done in a few months if y’ work hard at it. So, what d’ y’ think?”

Remy looked from the expensive computer and other electronics on the desk to his uncle and back. “Remy’s thinkin’ dis puts him more in debt t’ y’.”

“Nonsense. It’s like on d’ job trainin’. If y’re up to it, I’d like t’ show y’ some stuff about the investin’ and things dat we do. Family business stuff. Though – y’ are free to choose whichever direction y’ want t’ head in.”

Remy relaxed. Ah…so that’s how it could work. And he could help the family that way. He had to agree that he would need to brush up on some things before launching into that. “I’d like dat. Will work hard at it. When can y’ start with d’ other stuff though? D’ I have to pass somethin’ ‘fore y’ll let me learn about it?”

His uncle looked rather pleased with that. “Well…start y’re course first, an’ see how dat goes, an’ if y’ feel y’ can take on more, I’ll start teachin’ y’ dat too.”

“Bon.” He grinned. “Have a feelin’ dat I’ll be keepin’ y’ as busy as y’ are me Nonc.”
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

BLOG:

Schools over? HAH!

Well...found out what my Nonc wanted - evidently gonna spend my break from school...doin' more school.

Actually, its not too bad - though I'm findin' it kinda ironic dat I'm spendin' more time doin' school here dan I did at Xavier's. Ah well - it's all a part of fittin' in with the family, an' all dat, so Remy's happy t' do it.

However, if someone asks Remy one more question today about some guy dat's been dead for d' past 200 yrs, I'm gonna peak. There is only so much that one man can take.

Missin' Talia - the parts that I get t' actually stop an' think about her. Suppose that's another good thing about all this...don't have much time t' sit an' brood on it.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Oh noes! Now Uncle Sam is gonna know Remy exists!!! Watch out for those back taxes, dude. :shifty

But, seriously, it is great to see Remy getting his shit straightened out and getting the chance for a better future.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Talia] TJ sat on the couch, checking her cellphone again. It was nearly noon here...which meant it was nearly 1 in New Orleans. When was he gonna call??

[Talia] Like....he SHOULD call right?? She sighed turning her attention to the television again. In a few hours she had to go out and meet up with everyone, she didnt want him to call then.

[Remy] Remy pulled the rented civic up into the familiar driveway. He was a bit nervous just showing up like this...who knows what her parents were going to think of it? However...it wasn't like he was imposing - he had the hotel room booked and everything.

[Remy] He wiped his palms on his jeans and then scooped up the bouquet of flowers off the front seat, walking up to the door and knocking on it.

[Christine] Christine looked up from the sink at the knock, trying to crane her neck around to see if she could spot who it was. "Talia - can you get the door? My hands are wet."

[Talia] She let out a soft sigh at that, getting up off the couch. Even on her birthday she couldn't have like...twenty minutes of peace.

[Talia] She pulled the door open. "Yeah?" Her eyes widened.

[Remy] He grinned widely at her. "Happy birthday, chere."

[Talia] "REMY!!!!" She vaulted out the door, throwing her arms around him, pushing her lips to his. "You came all the way here for my birthday?!!!"

[Talia] She spied the flowers in his hand. "Are those for me?! OH MY GOD! I can't believe you're here!!"

[Remy] He cuddled her close to him, kissing her back. Dieu he'd missed her. "Mais, oui chere...couldn't miss y're birthday could I?"

[Christine] At hearing the shrieked name Christine dried her hands coming around the corner to see her daughter in the doorway plastered against...yes it was Remy. "Oh. Hi Remy. Talia - why don't you invite him in?" She smiled at him.

[Talia] She rolled her eyes a bit at her Mom, turning to Remy. "Yeah, come in!" She grabbed his hand pulling him in and to the couch.

[John] John came in through the back door. "Is everything ok in-" he stopped seeing Remy sitting on the couch. He scowled.

[Remy] He shifted a bit nervously at John's look, but was reassured by the fact that the man didn't leap for his throat. That cousin of Talia's must have held true to his word then.

[Remy] "Bonjour...it's nice t' see y' both." He cautiously draped one arm around Talia's shoulders as she leaned in close to him. "How are things?"

[John] John cleared his throat a bit seeing him cuddle up to his daughter. "Been same as it was." he opened the refrigerator, keeping one eye on the couple on the couch.

[Talia] TJ shrugged. "It's been ok...but it's way better now," she snuggled into his embrace, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

[Talia] "Let me put these in water though!" She took the flowers from him and moved to the kitchen to get a vase. "Look, Daddy, Remy brought me flowers for my birthday!"

[John] John gave his daughter a smile, then slid his gaze to Remy. "You don't say princess."

[Christine] "Well that's nice. You should use your grandmothers one, Talia - its to the back of the cupboard." She shifted back to Remy. "So - this is a nice suprize. How has your summer been?"

[Remy] "Bein. Been pretty busy." his eyes followed Talia as she stepped around the kitchen. "Been different, but good."

[Talia] She dug into the back of the cabinet and pulled out the antique vase. "Remy's doing school over the summer. Pretty shitty right?"

[Christine] "School? But I thought you were back in New Orleans?"

[Christine] "And Talia, don't use that language."

[Remy] "Oui...just takin' some open learnin' stuff for d' summer. My uncle's helpin' me out with it some."

[Remy] He smiled fondly at Talia. "Miss bein' in N'york though..."

[John] "Uncle?" He pulled a soda out of the frig, talking a chug.

[Talia] TJ smiled and sat back next to Remy. "Yeah, I told you guys right??"

[Christine] "Yes, that's right - you said something about Remy living with a relative. So you are enjoying that then?"

[Remy] He gladly cozied her back into him again. "Oui, it's been nice. My cousin an' his wife live dere too - so, been gettin' t' know dem all a bit better."

[Talia] TJ put her arm around Remy. It felt so incredible to have him with her again. It had been what, a month?? "I'm SO glad you came all the way out here!!! I can't believe it!"

[John] "How long do you plan on staying??"

[Remy] "Umm...well - only for a few days. Got a hotel booked for a couple of nights. Can't stay long, cause I've got t' get dat work done at home, neh?"

[Remy] He patted Talia's knee. "Oui...of course I came chere. Didn't want t' not see y' d' whole summer, an' d' birthday thing makes sense, non?"

[Talia] She sighed a bit. "A few days??" Well, it was better than nothing she supposed...

[John] He scoffed. "A hotel room?" It was better than him sleeping there, but if he thought he'd be bringing Talia back there with him he had a whole nother thing coming.

[Christine] "You could always stay here, Remy. It would save you the drive every day." She slid her husband a look, while keeping her smile steady.

[Remy] "Oui...sorry chere - but Nonc just started showin' me d' business, an' I still have a long way to go t' finish d' course."

[Remy] He smiled at Christine. "Merci, but don't want t' impose on y'...d' hotel will be fine. Don't mind the drive, me."

[John] John looked to Christine. He was so mixed on the idea, but jeez, just offer the kid the house! "How'd you manage to get out here? Drive all the way from Alabama?"

[Remy] "It's Louisiana...an' non - I flew in an' den got a rental car." He gestured out the window to the car in the driveway.

[John] "Don't you gotta be 25 to rent a car??" Was this kid lying to them about his age? No ay was his daughter dating some 25 year old.

[Remy] "Well...oui, but my uncle knew some people an' pulled some strings." He shrugged. "He knows a lot of people..."

[Remy] He turned to face Talia a bit. "Maybe we could go for a bit of a drive, if y' want chere?"

[Talia] She nodded enthusiastically. "Definately!!!"

[John] John stepped forward. "I don't know about that...what's your driving record like?"

[Remy] Oh Dieu, how to explain that one. "Well...don't have a record, cause never been in any trouble with it." Well - at least that was true. He doubted John wanted to know how he got to be such a good driver though.

[Remy] "Not plannin' on horsin' around or drivin' fast or anythin'...just thought it would be nice t' get a chance to talk for a bit. Y' know - face t' face. D' phones nice an' all, but it ain't d' same..."

[Talia] "Please Daddy??! Mom?!" Come ON its her frikken birthday!

[Christine] Christine laid a hand on John and nodded. "Of course you can go for a drive." It wasn't like Remy probabally hadn't driven her places before anyway. "But, be back in time for dinner at 5:30...we'd be happy if you joined us, Remy."

[Talia] She smiled and gave her parents a hug. "Thanks soooo much!!" She grabbed Remy's hand. "Let's go!"

[Remy] He gave one last smile to John and Christine and let himself be dragged out, sighing in relief as soon as they were outside.

[Remy] Turning back to her, making sure they weren't in sight of the window he pressed his lips quickly to hers again. "It's so nice seein' y' again."

[Talia] "I still can't BELIEVE you came all the way out here!! This is SO amazing!" she kissed him back. "I missed you so much."

[Remy] He led her to the car, opening the door for her, and got in his side. "Oh, before I forget, Nonc got y' somethin'." He passed her a nicely wrapped box. "An' dis is from me." He grinned sheepishly as he passed her a smaller one.

[Remy] "I'm...well - y' know I'm livin' with my uncle now - an' I don't want t' borrow too much of his money - don't want t' use him y' know? An'...well...don't feel right gettin' things the other way now, y' know?"

[Talia] She unwrapped the gift from him first, opening the small jewlry box. "Remy!!! It's so pretty!!!" she pulled out the heart shaped pendant, struggling to clasp it around her neck. "How does it look??"

[Remy] He glanced over, turning his eyes back on the road. John'd have his hide if he ran into something. Which...what WAS he going to hit out here? A cactus? "Y' make it look lovely chere."

[Talia] She leaned over and gave him a quick kiss, as not to disturb his driving. "It's beautiful baby. I love it!" She opened the other package, which revealed a very ornate jewlry bow. "Oh my god! This is so pretty!!"

[Remy] He grinned. "Nonc didn't tell me what it was...but oui. He liked y' a lot." He flashed her a grin. "Hey...d' y' know where we're goin'?"

[Talia] "Uhh...I don't usually drive around here ever.." she answered, sitting up looking at the box, smiling. "He liked me?? Thats way good. He was really nice. So were Henri and Mercy. I had fun when I went down there!"

[Remy] They drove for a minute, he eventually turning onto a road that looked a little rougher, looking for some privacy. "Any chance y' think dat y' could come down again? Nonc says y're welcome anytime."

[Talia] She shrugged. "I want to really bad. But I dunno, I'd have to ask my parents. I'm not sure they'd let me.."

[Remy] "Well - what have y' told dem about Jean-Luc?"

[Talia] "He;s your uncle...and he's got money...and that's really it.."

[Remy] "Soo...did dey seem ok about dat? Ask why Re...I was livin' with him or anythin'?"

[Talia] "They were ok with it...they didn't really ask much else but like..I can't really tell them I went down there, I'd be grounded forever!"

[Talia] She looked aroudn them. "Where are we going?"

[Remy] He shrugged. "Somewhere where dere ain't nothin' but sand and cacti. Dat shouldn't be too hard, neh?"

[Talia] "You mean like...into town???"

[Remy] "Non...dis is d' way into town?"

[Talia] "I dunno...just pull over here," she smirked at him. "We're pretty far from the reservation."

[Remy] "Sounds good t' me." He glanced at the clock. "Y' think dat 4 hours is enough time t' get reaquainted?"

[Talia] "I think we may be a bit late for dinner," she smiled and leaned in for a kiss.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Remy] Remy leaned in to kiss her again, before pulling back, tucking her head under his chin. "I'll be back in the mornin' for a couple of hours 'fore I have t' catch my plane, chere. How early d' y' think dat I can show up without y're pere shootin' me?"

[Talia] "Come at 8 or something...as early as you want," she held him tight. "I can't believe you have to leave tomorrow."

[Remy] "Oui...well...I promised Nonc, y' know? An' suppose its a good idea t' have dat peice of paper, y' know? It jus' kinda blows d' summer t' hell is all."

[Remy] "Dieu. What am I gonna do without y' for d' rest of d' summer? Y' sure dat y' can't come down for a bit?"

[Talia] "I'm gonna see if my parents'll let me..but I don't know.." she sniffled a bit. "I miss you soooooooo much! I can't take it!"

[Remy] He hated it when she cried...he couldn't shake the feeling of responsiblity even if it was something out of his control. "Well...we'll still have d' phone - an' myspace an' shit, oui?"

[Talia] "It's not the same though....but yeah..." she nodded. "You really really have to go tomorrow??"

[Alex_P] Alex pulled up to the familiar old house, pulling his sunglasses off and rolling up a window. Jesus, it'd been so long since he'd driven out here, he forgot how damn far it was.

[Alex_P] He spied his cousin and her boyfriend embracing in front of the house. He'd hoped to catch him. Grabbing a few things off the front seat, he stepped out of the car.

[Remy] "Oui...I'm sorry chere...but y' know how busy dat I am - plus I'm supposed t' be setting up my own practice portfolio when I get ba..." he trailed off at the crunch of gravel, turning to see a man walking up to them. He was oddly familiar. Oh.. wasn't this one of Talia's cousin's or something?"

[Talia] TJ turned and saw her cousin approaching. Oh fuck.."Alex??? Uhh...hey.."

[Alex_P] "Hey!" he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I just wanted to drop these off." he handed her a few cards. "From my parents and my brother, and me obviously. Happy 19th!"

[Talia] "Oh, thanks...you drove all the way here to give me cards?" she asked apprehensively.

[Alex_P] He turned to Remy, putting out his hand. "I think we've met right?? Remy?"

[Remy] Alex? OH MERDE! "Uh...oui." He clasped Alex's hand in return, shaking it. "Jus' came up for Talia's birthday - gotta head back tommorrow, but it was nice."

[Alex_P] "Ahh, that was nice of you. Heading back so soon??"

[Remy] "Oui...got some work t' do with my Uncle." He still had one arm around Talia, and he tightened it around her. Damn whatever Alex thought...if he HAD read everything he had to realize that she loved Talia. Despite all the other stuff.

[Alex_P] He turned to Talia. "Well, I wanted to drop off the cards and talk to your dad. My car's been making some weird noises, I was hoping he could check it out."

[Talia] TJ breathed a sigh of relief. Ok good.

[Alex_P] "But I didn't realise Remy'd be here...I've been wanting to talk to him."

[Remy] With a mental sigh, he nodded. "Well - nows as good of time as any, suppose." He turned back to Talia, kissing her briefly. "Y' have a good night chere. I'll be here first thin' tommorrow. Je t'aime."

[Talia] TJ glared at Alex, giving Remy a kiss. "I love you too baby..I'll see you tomorrow.." She gave her cousin another look before heading inside.

[Remy] Remy watched her go, and then turned back to Alex, one eyebrow lifting. "So...is dere somewhere y'd like t' go dat's a little more..." he jerked a thumb at the house. "Private?"

[Alex_P] He gave Remy a look, then shook his head. "Let's just walk."

[Remy] "Bein." He walked companionabally alongside of Talia's cousin for a while. Why was it some rule that all her family had to be built like brick shit houses?

[Alex_P] "So, let's not even beat around the bush," he crossed his arms. "What's going on?"

[Remy] He glanced at the man, shaking out a cigarrette from his pack and offering him one. "Y' mean with Talia? Remy's in love with her...what more is dere t' say about it?"

[Alex_P] He shook his head at the cigarette. "Don't smoke."

[Alex_P] "You're in love with her? Fair enough. But what does that mean? I read some..interesting stuff there bud."

[Remy] Shrugging he pocketed the pack and lit his own. "Merde...well..." He took a long drag. "Remy knows dat it looks bad...but dere isn't a thing dat I wouldn't do for her."

[Remy] "She's special, y' know?" he half smiled. "Stubborn as hell, an' a little...dramatic at times, but she's my girl. An' dat's all dere is too it."

[Alex_P] He smiled a bit at that statement, shaking his head again. "It's kinda nuts, to be honest."

[Alex_P] "I mean...well, the fact she's going to college and dating. It makes us all feel old." he snorted.

[Alex_P] Alex stopped. "But you gotta understand, she's our family, you know? We don't wanna see her get hurt."

[Remy] "Oui...Remy can understand dat." He glanced at the man beside him. "Would rather see myself hurt dan her y' know? Never been with a girl for dis long 'fore an' never felt dis strong about anyone in my life..."

[Remy] "She's been good for Remy...an' I hope dat I've been good for her too."

[Alex_P] "Ok...good." he walked a bit silently. "So, then..tell me about this Fringes stuff."

[Remy] He ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply at that.

[Remy] "Well...dat was a mistake. Y' gotta understand dat if Remy had any idea - wouldn't have done dat at all..."

[Remy] "It was dis group - people like Talia an' Remy y' know? Ones dat looked different."

[Alex_P] He nodded. "So what made you think it was the right place for her? She's grown up around people who didn't look "different" her entire life."

[Remy] "Oui...but it ain't d' same out off d' reservation y' know? People look at her different...dey look at us different. Remy knows what its like havin' t' hide an run from people dat don't like y' cause y' look 'like a freak'. It ain't good."

[Remy] "Dis group wanted t' change dat. Sounds good, neh?"

[Remy] "Only...dere methods ended up bein' a bit more dan we could deal with."

[Alex_P] "Yeah, I know about that..the fight and all. She broked her arm."

[Remy] "Oui..." he swallowed. "Dat should have never happened. Was sick about dat...an'...well - all d' others dat got hurt too. Been tryin' t' make it up as much as I can, me."

[Alex_P] "I just.." he narrowed his eyes. "What exactly attracted you to TJ? How did this even begin?"

[Remy] "Well, y' know we met at school, oui? An' Remy'd never thought dat there was others like him out dere - so dat was a part of it..."

[Remy] "An' well - she's a pretty girl. Wasn't till Remy thought one of d' profs was bein'...inappropriate with her dat it really got started. Was tryin' t' protect her a bit, y' know?"

[Remy] "Guess dat most of our relationship, been tryin' t' protect her an' look after her. Just really fucked up with d' fringes."

[Alex_P] "Apparently," he scoffed. Stopping again, he gave Remy a quick once over. "So you're pretty serious about her then?"

[Remy] He took one last drag, charging and flicking the butt away to pop like a small firecracker. "Oui. I am."

[Alex_P] He raised a brow at the butt and his cavalier attitude. He decided to push it just a bit further. "And how serious is pretty serious?"

[Remy] He smiled. "Don't see myself with anyone else, mon ami. Remy's bustin' his hump all summer t' better himself. Part of dat is for my uncle, but a lot of it is for her too. Want t' be able t' offer her somethin', y' know?"

[Remy] "Elle est mon couer."

[Alex_P] "Good.." he kicked a rock then looked up to Remy. "I don't need to..you know...well, I'm sure Uncle John's been pretty clear with you, right?"

[Remy] He snorted. "Oui. Like water."

[Remy] "Would rather hurt myself dan her though."

[Alex_P] "Ok...good.." he thumbed his lip for a minute. "You seem like a good guy, Remy. And I'm not gonna tell her parents about any of that shit I read on your myspaces. I'd rather I hadn't read quite a bit of it myself to be honest.."

[Remy] He winced. "Dat makes too of us. Merci"

[Alex_P] "Just...take care of her. Don't do anything stupid, you know?"

[Alex_P] He gave him a smile. "And don't worry so much about Uncle John. He's just overprotective."

[Remy] He let out a short bark of laughter. "Oui, Remy'll remember dat when he's buried up t' his neck in d' sand watchin' d' man walk away."

[Remy] "An' dere is nothin' in dis world dat will ever let me put her in harms way again. We'll be stayin' at d' school. An' I'll watch out for her always."

[Alex_P] He nodded, smiling, before turning back to Remy. "Can I ask you one thing though?"

[Remy] "Certainment."

[Alex_P] "Whats with the french?"

[Remy] He raised an eyebrow. "Remy's cajun."

[Remy] "Was dat d' question?"

[Alex_P] "Yeah," he shrugged. "Just curious. You're using all these french words, and I was just wondering. I don't really speak french."

[Remy] "Ah force of habit dat...an' its gotten worse again, since I got home." He chuckled. "We just kinda mix it up, y' know? When it means more in d' other language..."

[Remy] "Hard t' explain. Y' should check N'awleans out sometime. It's one hell of a place."

[Remy] "Well...so - we good den?"

[Alex_P] "Yeah, haven't been there. Been to Ft Lauderdale for spring break once, back when I was in college. Lotsa fun there."

[Alex_P] He put his hand out. "Yeah, we're good."

[Remy] Remy took the man's hand again. "Mer...Thanks."

[Edited on 20/12/06 by fourpawsonthefloor]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

BLOG:

The inevidible

Well, suppose it was only a matter of time. Nonc was showin' me this trig...whatever math shit an' Remy just couldn't get it. So I got grumpy an' tossed d' papers across d' room. Told him that there was no point in it, cause I wasn't gonna get it an' it didn't matter none, cause what the fuck was I gonna use it for.

Dunno who was more suprised at it first, but he just gave me this look an' went and picked them up.

Then Remy got the longest, calmest lecture that I've had in my life. Dieu...is this what y're parents do to y'all? Just keep talkin' till y' give up an' nod t' agree with them cause y' feel like an ass afterwards? Or is it just Jean-Luc?

Anyways...ended up havin' to work on it after dinner too t' keep up. All I know, is that Remy could use a few dozen beers like whoa about now.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Gambit] He picked up the phone, punching in the numbers that he'd scribbled onto a peice of paper. He was still a bit worried about Lizzie, and wanted to try and catch her while she was still in the country. Plus, there was Warren too.

[Lizzie] Rolling on to her side, Lizzie propped herself up by her elbow and picked up her phone from the table. The caller ID was unfamiliar, but it didn't stop her from answering anyway.

[Lizzie] "Hello?"

[Gambit] "Bonjour petite." He settled more comfortabally on the chair. "So Re...I did manage t' catch y' 'fore y' left."

[Gambit] "How y' doin'?"

[Lizzie] "Oh, hi Remy," sitting up, she tucked one of her legs under her and thought for a second. "I'm okay, thanks. And yeah, I'm still here...How are you?"

[Gambit] "Bon. Jus' really busy." He snorted. "Don't really get a lot of time t' myself lately. But its still good."

[Gambit] "So when d' y' leave?"

[Lizzie] "Two weeks or so. Well, when James is done over here, basically. He's still got a few more jobs to finish off..." she sighed, playing with a lock of her hair. "So your uncle is teaching you the family trade, eh? You got to love famlies," she gave a small laugh at this. Yeah. Right.

[Gambit] He chuckled. "Oui. Well - don' mind d' business part of it so much...it's d' GED shit dat is a bit frusteratin'. Feels like I'm spinnin' my wheels dere."

[Gambit] "Y' frere makin' y' do anythin'? Or y' just chillin' out mainly?"

[Lizzie] "Oh, just the usual stuff. He gives me stuff to keep myself occupied, like, helping him out by sorting his films, dropping stuff off to be developed, that kind of thing. It's nothing too taxing."

[Gambit] "Ah..." He fiddled with the piece of paper for a minute. "So is warren still around? He doin' ok?"

[Lizzie] "He's...He's still here. There isn't really much of a difference though." She looked down, biting her lip. "I'm...I'm pretty sure he's still drinking. I don't know what to say to him though. But I am, well, it sounds dumb, but I'm sort of force feeding him health food. Leafy greens are really good

[Lizzie] for the liver -did you know that? Well, they're now part of most meals around here..."

[Gambit] "Non, I didn't know dat." He took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry about dat petite...its gotta be hard watchin' him do dat."

[Lizzie] "Well...He doesn't do it infront of me. I just wish I knew what to say to make him stop."

[Lizzie] "I'm going to try and get him to come to England with me, if I can. He could do with the time away."

[Gambit] "Sounds like a plan...y' think he'll go?"

[Lizzie] "I hope so. But I'm not going to drag him if he doesn't want to come." Lizzie chewed on her lip. "What do you think I should do, Remy? It's hard..."

[Lizzie] "Like, I want to help him, but I don't want to do anything that'll make him go off again."

[Gambit] "I know...don't have any easy answers for y' there either - Dieu knows I couldn't do anythin' about it when I was in dat situation. He's stubborn dat one. Still - have y' explained t' him how much watchin' him ki....do dat t' himself is hurtin' y'?"

[Lizzie] "I think he must know. But - he just doesn't seem to know himself that he's got a problem. I couldn't sort myself out until I saw I had a problem...and that took...Well. Yeah." Christ, Lizzie thought as she rubbed the back of her neck. Why did this shit always have to follow everyone about?

[Lizzie] "I just feel bad for crying in front of him about it. It can't help matters," she said, matter of factly.

[Gambit] "Well...y' can't jus' hide it an' hope it will go away neither petite." He sighed. "Look...maybe I should leave off with dis, don't want t' upset y' again...I'm sorry for dat other day."

[Lizzie] "It's alright, Remy..." Lizzie shook her head, then rolled her eyes; she was on the phone!

[Lizzie] "Look, I'm sorry for freaking out like that. I know the score, mate. I just...Don't worry about it."

[Gambit] "Bein. So y' got any relatives in england other than y're folks? Don't imagine y're dat interested in talkin' t' dem yet,neh?"

[Lizzie] "Not really. It's just going to be me and James, I suppose. I don't mind, I usually entertained myself over the summer holidays."

[Gambit] He chuckled. "Imagine y' can entertain y'reself just fine. Any guys or girls over d' pond dat y've got y're eye on?"

[Lizzie] "Not anymore. Been out of the loop over there too long, though I'm definately up for a little bit of fun for once!"

Gambit exits from this room

Gambit enters this room

>[Gambit] Welcome to the New and Improved Nightscrawlers Chat! If you are new to chat pick a color at the bottom and join in. We are glad to be back and we are glad to have you with us. Please help us continually improve our service to you by reporting any errors or problems you experience in chat in our technical support forums. Thank you!

[Gambit] "Ah...y're a pretty girl. Shouldn't take y' much."

[Gambit] "So - y' are comin' back in d' fall, oui?"

[Lizzie] "I..." streching her legs out, she shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah. Well, Rankin has asked to help me teach the new students in the DR. That should be...fun!" she said with a slight hint of sarcasm.

[Lizzie] "Especially rememberig what we were like...Oh my god, I was terrible!"

[Gambit] "Y' think hangin' out with Rankin is fun? Y' sure y' don't need more of a break, petite?" he teased.

[Lizzie] "Oh.....Remy! You still haven't got British humour, have you?" Lizzie giggled.

[Lizzie] "But actually, he's an alright guy really. I've learnt a lot off him since I've stopped rolling around, slightly drunk on the DR floor and calling him a wanker...."

[Gambit] "Y' called him a wanker? I don't remember dat! Damn..." He snorted with laughter. "Anyways - it should be interestin' next year, neh?"

[Gambit] "Can't believe all the students comin' in...though dey all don't seem too bad - jus' some are a bit nuts."

[Lizzie] "Yeah. It was when he was giving us all code-names. And nuts doesn't cover some of the new students. Certifiable, maybe!"

[Gambit] He chuckled again. "Oui. Well - at least we've already been dere for a year, neh? Marked our territory so t' speak."

[Gambit] "An we've all got each other...it's d' people dat aren't sharin' yet dat may get stuck with some new ones...which would suck. Glad dat we've got our little foursome goin'. Don't even have t' worry about sharin' a bathroom with one of dem dat way."

Lizzie exits from this room

Lizzie enters this room

[Lizzie] "I dread to even think about that...There's no way we should have to move, not after everything! I mean, Angel is used to me and my quirks now. And, for a bloke, you're easy to share a bathroom with!"

[Gambit] "So long as I keep d' towel up, neh?" He laughed. "But, if y' had told Remy he'd be sharin' with three girls an' be happy about it a year ago, I would have laughed. It's good though. I'm almost missin' chokin' on y're guys perfume when I walk in t' have a shower..."

[Lizzie] "Oh, if you'd told me a year ago what I'd be like now and what I'd go on to do, I'd have laughed in your face and bitch slapped you with my teke."

[Lizzie] "Things change though, don't they? They don't always get easier, but...There isn't much I'd change right now."

[Gambit] "Non. Except I wish dere was a way dat I could be with Talia over d' summer. Miss her somethin' fierce. Ah well - maybe next year, neh? We'll have been together for two years by den."

[Lizzie] "Heck, that's crazy, when you think about it! Two years...Well, I hope this time next year finds you two together for thr hols, and...well, you know." Lizzie made a slightly downcast face, then made herself smile.

[Lizzie] ((translation: Hols = Holidays))

[Gambit] "Ah...oui. I'm sure we can figure somethin' out. D' parents will realize by den how serious we are, neh?" He made a face. "I hope dat everythin' will be back t' normal by den too...well as normal as we get, neh?"

[Lizzie] "Yeah, definately," she agreed with a smile. "You two are good together."

[Gambit] "Merci. She means everythin' t' me, y' know?"

[Gambit] "Anyways, it will be good t' come back in d' fall. Should have my GED by den, an' can go back t' workin' normal hours...maybe."

[Lizzie] She smiled soppily at that. Damn, she was getting a little soft around the edges.

[Lizzie] "Yeah, it'll be good to see everyone again. New year, new start, right?"

[Gambit] "Oui." He stretched in the chair, and glanced at the clock. "Well...should get goin' petite, but y' know - Remy's always here if y' need t' talk, or anythin' right?"

[Lizzie] "Okay, yeah, I should be getting on too...Thanks, Remy. I do appreciate everything. Talking helps, y'know?"
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Jean-Luc] He picked up the phone, dialing the number he'd gotten from Remy. THe boy had come to him, asking for advice about this whole mess with Talia. It was kind of weird, seeming as the girl had already been here - but considering her parents didn't know that...

[Jean-Luc] He could understand their point of view entirely as well. They should have the chance to first get to know a person before considering letting their daughter travel there.

[Jean-Luc] So - he'd offered to call. Remy had agreed but had left him to it - to go smoke his nerves off in the backyard. From what he understood of it, this girls father wasn't overly fond of him.

[Jean-Luc] He waited as it rang, glancing at the clock. It should be 6 there...hopefully someone would be home.

[John] John looked to the phone from where he sat watching television, his daughter sprawled out on the couch. He looked to her but when she made no move to answer it, he sighed and stood, lifting it from it's cradle.

[John] "Hello?"

[Jean-Luc] "Hello? Is dis Mr. Redhorn?"

[John] He narrowed his eyes a bit, recognising the accent but not the voice. "Yes, who's this?"

[Jean-Luc] "Jean-Luc LeBeau. Y'd know my nephew, Remy, non? Seemin' as Remy's now livin' with me, an' y're daughter an' him are datin'...thought it would be a good idea t' touch base with y'."

[John] Oh jesus. Could they not have a day that didn't involve this kid? He moved toward his bedroom, closing the door, so as not to let Talia listen in on the conversation. "Yeah, I know Remy," he replied.

[Jean-Luc] Oh. Well this was going famously. "Oui, he spent Christmas with you, non? An' of course he was just down dere a couple of weeks ago."

[John] "Yeah, he's been here a few times," John told him. What the hell was he supposed to say?

[Jean-Luc] He sighed. "Well - y' know dat I just met Remy in April, neh? He's my brother's son, an' regretfully, things between my brother an' myself were a bit strained. So - it was a bit of a suprise t' find out about d' boy as y' can well imagine."

[Jean-Luc] "Now, I know dat Remy can come off as a little rough at times, but I'm sure y've seen for y'reself dat he's good hearted. He's made d' best out of what he's been givin' in life."

[Jean-Luc] "Of course, things are a bit different now, neh? He's been workin' hard dis summer..." he had the feeling that he was beginning to babble.

[John] John rolled his eyes. What was he calling for now? Giving him Remy''s life story??

[John] "Ok..." he answered.

[Jean-Luc] He frowned. Was the man being purposefully obtuse? He had absolutely no manners. "So. Suppose dat I'd better cut t' d' chase, neh? Remy's been hopin' dat Talia could come up just before school starts up again."

[Jean-Luc] "Now, I can completely understand y're desire t' get t' know d' situation a bit better. Of course y're gonna have y're daughters best interests in mind. So I'd thought dat I'd start off things by tellin' y' a little of the situation."

[Jean-Luc] "My grown son an' his wife live here as well - but we're all very reputable people, I assure y'. Is there anythin' y'd like t' know?"

[John] "I appreciate you calling me, Mr. Lebeau. But there's really nothing we need to know. We talked to our daughter, and my wife and I decided it wasn't a good idea."

[John] "She'll be staying here until school starts," he heard the door open signifying his wife's arrival, followed by a one sided attempt at conversation.

[Jean-Luc] "Far be it for me t' ever suggest that y're judgement is not sound, considerin' everything...but even if y' do not wish y're daughter t' be my guest, are y' not the least bit interested in knowin' anything about d' man she's been datin' for months now?"

[Jean-Luc] "I do not know the impression that y're daughter leaves with y' on dis matter, Mr. Redhorn, but my nephew is very clear dat he is committed t' y're daughter."

[Jean-Luc] "It seems t' me, dat dey have made dere choices clear in each other. We don't have a say in dat. Mais, we can get t' know each other a bit better, neh? Provide dem with a safe an' supportive environment."

[Jean-Luc] "From what I hear - y' have a very remarkable daughter. Y' have obviously done a good job of raisin' her. Dey are forgin' dere own path in life now, an' dat can be worrysome as a parent, neh?"

[John] He groaned inwardly. "Talia's a kid. This is her first boyfriend and she's excited about it. But I'm not gonna just let her decide this is the end all, or encourage her to think that! There's more to life." More guys BETTER ones!

[John] "And, no offense to you, but I don't know much of anything about you, or where she will be staying, or any of that. I'm not about to send my daughter to the other side of this country, entrusting her safety to a stranger."

[Jean-Luc] "Nor would I expect y' to. How d' y' propose dat y' get t' know me, an' my situation better?"

[Jean-Luc] "It is awkward bein' dat we aren't nearer t' each other, I understand dat. I would be happy t' have an assessment done of my home by a proffessional agency if dat is y're wish."

[Jean-Luc] "Mr. Redhorn, I won't mince words. My family possesses considerable resourses. We are one of the most respected family's of d' city. Y' can phone basically any agency in N'awleans an' get there view of myself, if y' wish."

[Jean-Luc] " However - y' either are willin' t' meet me halfway here an' get t' know us better, or y're just not interested. Either way, y're daughter an' my nephew will still be off seein' each other. Nothin' either of us does is gonna change dat."

[John] This guy was persistent. But John was stubborn. Not gonna change that? Ha, not if John had anything to say about it.

[John] Christine had entered the room, giving him a 'who's on the phone?' signal. He rolled his eyes at her.

[John] "So you're asking me to take the word of more strangers over whether or not I should trust a stranger? We're talking about my daughter here. I've met you're nephew and that's enough proof for me."

[Jean-Luc] His mouth thinned into a firm line. He was not used to dealing with quite such obstinate people. "So, let me ask y' Mr. Redhorn, how d' y' usually conduct business? Must y' meet everyone face t' face t' assure y'reself?"

[John] "How I conduct my business is none of yours!" he replied. He sighed. "So why exactly did you call? To convince me to send my daughter to you and just blindly trust that everything will work out?"

[Jean-Luc] "Non. I called t' begin d' process of gettin' t' know y' better. For d' benefit of my nephew an' y're daughter, oui."

[Jean-Luc] "I've been a father for over thirty years, Mr. Redhorn, an' if dere is one thing dat I know, its by d' time dey are dis age? Y'd better figure out how t' work around d' choices dey make for themselves."

[Jean-Luc] "However, I am findin' myself at a loss, for it seems dat y' have no interest in returnin' my efforts. Of course, it ain't gonna change what y're daughter will decide t' do ultimately, seemin' as she's nearly grown. I make d' choice t' support my nephew in his choices."

[John] Oh, so his being a father for thirty years suddenly made him an expert on whats best for HIS daughter?

[John] "I DO support my daughter in her choices. But as a parent, I CAN'T support her when she's made the wrong choices. She may be NEARLY grown, but she's not yet, and she still has ALOT to learn. And I'll do everything in my power to keep her from getting hurt along the way."

[John] Christine was making a gesture at him to give her the phone, and he waved her off. He was gonna finish this dammit!

[Jean-Luc] "Are y' implyin' dat my nephew is a mistake?"

[John] Yes. "I'm saying that my daughter has no idea what she wants."

[Jean-Luc] Fils de putain! "An' y' do I suppose?" He bit off what else he was going t' say. "I'll have y' know dat I am very proud of Remy. He's a good man, an' he will help my son - his cousin - run dis business one day. Remy will be a very important man."

[Jean-Luc] "But dat don't matter. What matters is he's got a good heart, an' dat he loves y're daughter, despite of whatever hardships he may have t' face in lovin' her. An' dat is good enough for me."

[John] He could feel a bit of anger flare and he was about to respond when the phone was snatched out of his hand.

[Christine] Christine gave her husband a look as she pulled the phone out of his hand and put it to her ear. "Hi, I'm Christine, Talia's mother. Who am I speaking with?"

[Jean-Luc] He raised an eyebrow at the change. Oh Dieu...now he had the mother. She could hardly be worse that her husband, could she?

[Jean-Luc] "Bonjour. Dis is Remy's uncle, Jean-Luc LeBeau. My apologies. I'm afraid I've been lettin' my temper get d' best of me a bit."

[Jean-Luc] "I must assure y' dat my intentions are not t' tell y' what y' should as parents, do with y're daughter. I meerly wish to become better equainted with y're family, given d' situation."

[Christine] She smiled. "I understand that Mr. Lebeau. You have to understand though our concerns over letting our daughter visit with you. It's not that we don't trust....well...it's just we aren't well aquainted."

[Jean-Luc] "Oh, I can completely understand your situation. However I am at a loss on how we are t' become better aquainted if we d' not make an effort t' get t' know each other.

[Christine] John was now glaring at Christine, completely distracting her. "I know, it's just....can you hold on a minute?"

[Christine] She put the phone down, and took John by the arm, leading him out of the room. "I'll handle this, we'll talk when I'm done ok?" and closed the door before he had a chance to respond.

[Christine] Picking the phone back up. "I'm very sorry about my husband. He's just..he can be overprotective. We're both just trying to look out for our daughter's best interests, you know?"

[Jean-Luc] "I can understand dat. But on d' same token, you must understand that I wish d' same for my nephew."

[Jean-Luc] "He has been faced with many challenges, you understand, and I just wish to try an' aid him as much as possible. Life should not be dat hard for someone dat young."

[Christine] "Of course. I agree completely, Mr. Lebeau. We're just...we're not sure that traveling right now is the right thing for Talia. Especially to somewhere like New Orleans. It's a dangerous city from what we understand."

[Christine] "Also, simply put, I'm not sure we exactly have the funds for that at the moment," she mentioned, hoping that would seal the nail in the coffin of this. "It's been a bit of a tight year..."

[Jean-Luc] "Ah. Well...I hope that y' do not find this too forward of myself, but I would be happy to cover the costs of your daughters trip, if dat is a concern for you."

[Jean-Luc] "And...I am not sure of what Remy or your daughter has told y' of my home and neighbourhood, but please let me assure you that it is quite safe. As far as transportation anywhere in the city goes, dey would be accompanied by my driver or myself."

[Jean-Luc] "But dere is plenty for them to do within my home as well. The pool, billiards, perhaps even a small dinner party with some of my friends."

[Jean-Luc] "I offered to your husband as well, Mrs. Redhorn, dat I would be happy t' have any agency of your choice come in and assess my home for its suitablilty."

[Jean-Luc] Garnering onto an idea he snapped his fingers. "Either dat, or I can fly y' and y'r husband out ahead of time - for d' day even - and y' can see for y'rself."

[Christine] She was a bit shocked by his response. She couldn't imagine asking so much of him. "No...please, that won't be necessary."

[Christine] Agency? She sighed. "You have to understand its...it's not that we necessarily don't trust that you wouldn't be kind to our daughter or what have you.."

[Christine] How did she phrase this? "It's...Talia is different, as I'm sure...you must be aware. My husband and I have worked hard to protect her from any predjudices or other hurtful things. And...I'm just not sure.."

[Jean-Luc] "Yes...I am aware that your daughter is a unique individual. As is my nephew. I will admit t' being a bit...suprised at first. Mais - he's my nephew. Just cause he looks a bit different doesn't change who he is. It is d' same for your daughter."

[Jean-Luc] "It is difficult for me to phrase dis without soundin' somewhat full of myself, but y' must understand dat I am a man of considerable power in dis city. People do not trifle with me. Nor will dey even consider treatin' any guest of mine less that such."

[Christine] That made Christine pause. "I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean."

[Jean-Luc] He thought for a minute. The last thing he wanted to do is come off like he was judging them, or felt that he was 'better' than them.

[Jean-Luc] "My family is a very old and established one. We have been very...well off for generations. Old money, y' understand?"

[Jean-Luc] "As such, we support a lot of d' city's efforts and charities, and command a lot of d' buisness end of it."

[Jean-Luc] "Mrs. Redhorn, has Remy explained t' y' what my home is like, or myself at all t' y'?"

[Christine] "He's told us a bit, yes. Nothing in great detail. Please, Mr. Lebeau, you can call me Christine."

[Christine] She closed her eyes with a sigh. "Were we to agree to allow Talia to visit with Remy, what could we expect?"

[Jean-Luc] "Ah merci. Jean-Luc, if y' please." He sighed in relief. At least he was getting somewhere. "Basically she will be a guest within my home - I have many staff plus there is my son an' his wife an' myself t' keep dem company."

[Jean-Luc] "If y' and y're husband have certain requests of myself, den I can see what I can do to fulfil dem."

[Christine] "Well, obviously I wouldn't want her anywhere unaccompanied."

[Christine] "And..." she bit her lip. "Where would Talia be sleeping?"

[Jean-Luc] Ah...so they got to this point. "I have many guest rooms. She could have her pick of these."

[Jean-Luc] "However, I wish to be perfectly frank with you, Christine. I am a realistic man. If Remy an' Talia are going t' engage in...activities, I may be able t' prevent it for d' week dat dey are in my home...but as dey are soon t' be back at dere school, neh?"

[Jean-Luc] "I hardly see d' point in being tyrannical about dis point, when it is pretty much a pointless one t' make. I want dem t' be safe...but dey are pretty much adults now, oui? What more can I do?"

[Christine] "I-" she sat on her bed, pulling her knees up. "You're right. I've taught Talia, I've drilled it all into her head, I just pray it's sticking. God knows I don't want to end up a grandmother right now...or worse.."

[Christine] She put her head in her hand. "You know....she lied to me about it. Thats what worries me most of all. I didn't even know until I walked in on them accidentally over Christmas..which was...very awkward."

[Jean-Luc] He chuckled, and cut it off quickly. "Sorry. Dat must have been a bit of a shock. But - it is what it is. All y' can ever hope is dat y're child makes d' right choices, when dey are too old t' lock dem in dere room."

[Jean-Luc] "I can sympathise, though. When I first found out about Henri? Dieu. Dey never seem quite old enough, do dey?"

[Christine] She laughed. "You telling me I should stop locking her in?" she joked.

[Christine] "No, they don't," Christine sighed. "I know Talia and Remy care for each other..I don't want to discourage that.."

[Christine] "Jean-Luc, I'm going to talk to my husband. I don't think it'd be possible for Talia to visit before August, but perhaps we can figure something out."

[Jean-Luc] "Merci. I apprechiate y' takin' d' time t' discuss it. If it doesn't work out, that is fine as well - mais, I think it is important for us to continue to interact for our childrens sake, non?"

[Christine] "Absolutely, I appreciate you calling," she smiled.

[Jean-Luc] "The pleasure was all mine. Thank y' for taking d' time t' discuss d' matter with me."

[Jean-Luc] "Remy means a lot t' me. I only wish t' see d' boy happy. An' he's been workin' so hard on stuff dis summer - been pushin' himself. It would be nice, if y' and y're husband deem it appropriate, for him t' have a little break at d' end of d' summer."

[Christine] "Like I said, I'll discuss it with John, and we'll definately get back to you. It was very nice talking with you!"

[Jean-Luc] "Bon nuit." He hung up the phone, and gave it a small smile. For what it was worth - he thought he had made some progress there. Perhaps he should check on Remy and make sure the boy hadn't smoked the whole pack already.

------------

She opened the door to see John standing outside, arms crossed. “You agreed?!”

Christine pulled him inside, closing the door. “Where’s Talia?”

“Still watching TV,” he told her. “You AGREED?!”

“John, please, keep it down! I spoke with Jean Luc, and I don’t think it’s such a terrible thing. Besides, it’ll make her happy and maybe she’ll give us some peace,” Christine replied.

“So, you’re just going to let her go? We don’t even know this guy! We don’t know anything about him and we’re just going to send OUR DAUGHTER to him?!”

“We know Remy, hun, and she’ll be with him-“

“OH well isn’t THAT perfect! Exactly who I WANT Talia spending time with!” John interrupted.

Christine looked at him, narrowing her eyes, before throwing her hands up with a sigh and sitting down on the bed, crossing her arms.

“What? You don’t agree? You WANT her around him?”

”What’s SO bad about him John? What makes you dislike him SO much?” she asked.

He was taken aback by the question. He paused for a moment trying to gather the words. “He’s….well. I mean, LOOK at him Christine! Is that who you want our daughter with?! I mean….look at him!”

“Oh you mean the guy who came and spent Christmas with us, despite the fact that you made him uncomfortable? Who came all the way here to wish our daughter a happy birthday? Who has shown time and time again to really truly care for Talia? Oh lord John, I certainly don’t want that!” she snapped at him.

John scoffed. “You don’t see it Christine. You have no idea….he’s no good, I’m telling you.”

She stared at him for a moment as he paced and huffed before he collapsed into a chair across from her. They sat in silent for a moment before she spoke. “What if he is the one?”

“What?” John’s eyes narrowed.

Christine shrugged. “What if he’s the one Talia wants to be with? Granted, they’re young, but what if they’re together for a few more years? What if they get married?”

“There’s no way-“

“Why not! Because you say it??” she moved next to his chair, kneeling beside him. “John, I love you, and I love how protective you are of Talia. But we have to let her go a bit. We can’t always make decisions for her. Remy’s been very good to her, and if he makes her happy? I don’t see why that’s a problem.”

“Christine-“

“No, John, that’s it. We’re going to let her go. We’ll give Jean-Luc a call and let him know what we expect, and what we want for her while there, but we can’t just keep her here. She’ll just resent us honey, and for what?” She leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “We’re doing the right thing here, I promise. Hey, at least she’ll stop acting like a brat for the summer.”

John huffed as Christine walked out of the room. Regardless, that kid was no good. John knew it. He wouldn’t argue at this point, as there was no point. But he wasn’t going to just love the kid because he’d charmed Christine. And his threat still stood. Louisiana wasn’t too far, and there were plenty of swamps….
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

He stood at the rear of a stage, watching a spotlight bathe a man to the front of it in brilliant light, as the auctioneer called out numbers. What in all hells had possessed him to agree to this? He huffed out a nervous breath, looking back at the row of men, auctioned and not auctioned. Fidgeting in his fine clothes, he reminded himself that it was all for charity. He was supposed to be taking some on now, right? And truth be told – he did want to help out. Henri had come home with the proposal a week ago, and Mercy had finally convinced him to go ahead with it. After all – it wasn’t a real date – just a fancy dinner in a room full of others and a bit of dancing. Nothing improper. Not like he was betraying Talia or anything…

The bidding finished to a light smattering of applause and the man bowed to the crowd before turning to walk back to him.

“You’re on.” A stage assistant waved her hand in front of his face. “Come on handsome – they aren’t going to wait for you all night.”

He took a deep steadying breath and walked forward, glad that the bright lights hid the faces of the mass of women before him. Somehow it made it easier – he could almost pretend that he was facing an empty room, if it wasn’t for the low murmur of feminine voices. He’d insisted on keeping his glasses on, and after a bit of pouting Mercy had agreed, deciding that he still looked ‘damn good’ even with them.

Trying to look more relaxed and attractive, he struck a relaxed pose, flashing a wide grin into the black beyond. If he was going to do this, he may as well do a good job of it, and get the maximum money that he could for the “Stand up for Kids” organization. Dieu knows, he didn’t want kids to be left on the streets like he had. Henri had known just which charity to hook him on, the salaud.

The bidding was brisk, and before he knew it the gavel had banged down for number 182. He squinted through the gloom, but he could barely make out the front row, never mind the back of the room. He was half-shocked at the amount, though a few of the men ahead of him had sold for higher. He found himself half wishing that the woman he had just passed his fate over to wasn’t old enough to be his grandmother. Mind you – it would probably be a lot easier to explain to Talia if she was.

It only took half an hour to complete the auction, the assistant leading them all into a room where they could sip on water or juice while waiting for the seating arrangements to be worked out. It was a big charity event – many others partaking of the $200-a-plate meal than just the ‘bachelors’ and their ‘dates’; however they’d arranged individual tables near the dance floor for them, whereas the others would dine with three couples to a table.

He found that the nervous anticipation hadn’t waned at all now that he was done on stage, as he had hoped it would. In fact, if anything, it was worse. Jean-Luc had explained to him that it was about more than the money, how their presence at these events would garner more publicity and draw others to support the cause, which was more than they could accomplish on their own, but he still found himself wishing they could have just cut a cheque and have been done with it.

They finally gave out the slips with their table numbers, most of the men actually looking as if they were enjoying this – joking around with each other as they filed into the already filled dining room. He self consciously straightened his jacket, weaving through the tables towards the women sitting in their spots. Stopping at table 22, he sighed with relief. It was a more matronly sort of woman, stylish for sure – but still someone that couldn’t possibly consider him a ‘real’ date.

Inclining his head in greeting he smiled at her. “Bonjour Madam.”

To his surprise she laughed. “Bonjour.” Tipping her head back to look at him she smiled. “Perhaps I should have bid more for you, young man, now that I see you closer up. However I’m afraid that the honours were not mine. I believe you have the wrong table.”

He felt a rush of embarrassment wash over him, but beat it down, choosing to cover it with a small face of disappointment before breaking into a wide grin. “Well den, perhaps another time?”

She chuckled richly again. “Oh, I think you can be sure of that, should you choose to do this sort of charity work again.”

He tipped his head at that again, moving aside to let the woman’s real ‘date’ to step into his place, slipping out the piece of paper to look at it again. 24. Merde. He was nervous as all hell if he couldn’t keep a simple number straight in his mind. He walked the two tables down, towards a younger woman that had her back to him. Taking a large steadying breath, he walked into the woman’s line of view, the practiced smile sliding off his face as he met her eyes.

“Bella?”
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

She had a smirk on her face, seemingly amused by his reaction. “Sit down Remy, before you catch flies gaping at me like that.”

He shut his mouth quickly, scowling slightly as he took the seat opposite her. “Y’ bid on me?”

Leaning back slightly in her seat, she smiled. “And why shouldn’t I? We attend this charity event every year. It’s your family that is new to this.” She looked at him with a more compassionate eye. “I’d imagine that you had something to do with that.”

They were interrupted by a waiter coming and placing a bottle of champagne in a bucket at their table, waiting until he’d poured them both a glass and left before he continued their conversation. Evidently they didn’t worry too much about carding at high class events like these either. He supposed money did buy everything.

“Oui – well – Henri told Remy about it – was my choice t’ come though. Jean-Luc been explainin’ charity work an’ all dat, an’ dis seemed like a good group t’ support, is all.”

She gave him another small smile. “Yes, it is a good charity. It’s generous of you to help out.”

He gulped down half of his flute of champagne before he even noticed, Bella raising one eyebrow at that. He sighed. “Sorry – dis was jus’ a bit of a surprise for Remy. Not really gettin’ y’re money’s worth are y’?”

That earned him another laugh, and she shook her head. “Oh don’t worry about it. I still have you for another two hours, and I intend to get you to earn your keep on the dance floor.” A small smile turned the corner of her mouth up. “You always were a good dancer. You should take your glasses off too Remy. They were fine for the auction, but you know they never bothered me.”

Whoa. Ok. Wait. Was she flirting with him? He pocketed his glasses, looking at her seriously. “Bella…”

“Oh stop worrying so much. I know you are with that other girl.” She took a small sip of her own champagne. “I just want to enjoy tonight. Maybe talk a little. That’s all.”

He nodded, feeling foolish. “So y’re fiancé don’t mind dis either?”

She let out a slow breath at that. “Well, actually - I left him. Papa was the one more in love with him anyway.” Shrugging, she swept her eyes over the other people in the room before catching his gaze again. “So how are things with you and that other girl? What was her name anyway? Tracy?”

“Talia. An’ she’s bon. Just went up t’ visit her for her birthday. If a small miracle happens, she might even come down for a little visit later dis summer, ‘fore we have t’ head back t’ school.”

“That’s nice. I’m sure you will enjoy it.” Bella’s smile looked a trifle brittle, but she spoke smoothly enough. “So school in New York? I didn’t really get a chance to talk to you that night – at your uncle’s party. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw you.”

“Oui. It was a bit shockin’.” He grinned at her to take the sting out of his words. “It’s a good school, but small. Y’ wouldn’t have heard anythin’ about it.”

They sat back as the waiter placed the first course in front of them, Bella carefully unfolding a napkin to place on her lap. Remy topped up her glass and his, and sat stirring the soup with his spoon for a minute. Evidently tired of watching him fidget Bella discretely tapped him on his shin with a toe. “Since when did things get so awkward between us Remy?”

He coughed on the mouthful of soup he’d finally taken, sputtering like a fool until he managed a sip of his water. “Bella – things change – y’ said it y’reself. We haven’t seen each other for years now…things are jus’ different is all.”

She nodded. “I know. I’m sorry that I didn’t say goodbye at least to you though. Papa was just so angry when he found out about us…”

“Don’ worry about it. I understand. He was plenty mad when he told Remy t’ leave y’ d’ hell alone too.”

They went back to their soup, only halfway finishing it before the next course was wheeled out. They spent most of the meal in silence, making the odd bit of small talk. Who knew he’d be reduced to commenting on the weather when dining with a pretty femme? He shook his head at himself. Bella for her part, was just acting like an old friend, and he found himself actually enjoying himself a bit. The food was superb - as was the music that the band that had started to play as they were waiting for their dessert.

“So how has it been living with Jean-Luc? He can’t stop talking about his newfound nephew, you know.”

He smiled, stuffing his embarrassment down. “It’s nice. Never had a family like dis before – though he’s been keepin’ Remy pretty busy. Been learnin’ about d’ business too. I want t’ contribute y’ know? He’s already done so much for me Bella.”

She smiled softly. “Jean-Luc is a good man. Don’t let him know I said that though – Papa’s been in competition with him since they were old enough t’ fight over blocks. It’s always been that way between the Boudreaux and the LeBeau’s.”

“Oui…he mentioned somethin’ like dat. So what are we gonna fight over den?”

Meeting his eyes, she gave him an odd look. “Who said that we have to fight? Maybe it’s time to break with that tradition.”

“Oh. Oui. Suppose dat would be better, neh?” He was glad to be interrupted by the waiter again – barely waiting until the plate was down before spooning up the chocolate mousse without comment. Just about done…he’d nearly made it. He was going to give Henri and Mercy an earful when he got home.

Bella only took a couple of spoonfuls of hers before setting it aside, watching him as he finished his. She gazed wistfully out on the dance floor at the other couples and he sighed, getting the hint. It wasn’t like they didn’t understand each other – they both knew that what they had was long over. He just hoped that rumours wouldn’t start. The brief time he’d spent trolling along after his uncle at functions was enough for him to realize exactly what a valuable commodity gossip was with these people.

Standing, he held his hand out to her, which she took with a happy smile, the two of them wading out to join the other couples on the floor. He danced for a while, mindlessly following the music with the others.

“Remy?” He focused his gaze back on her, eyebrow lifted.

“You just seemed a million miles away. What are you thinking about?”

He gave her a guilty smile. “Sorry. Was jus’ thinkin’ about Talia. Missin’ her – it’s been hard bein’ apart from each other – we even shared a room at d’ school. It’s weird bein’ apart.”

“Oh.” She looked a trifle put out for a second, but then smiled back at him. “Wait…you shared a room at the school? They let you do that?”

He chuckled. “Well…let us an’ jus’ look the other way are different things, petite. But oui – only it was in d’ girls wing so we shared d’ bathroom wit’ two other girls, an’ dat made for some interestin’ situations.”

Bella laughed at that. “Well, if you still are as casual about things as you once were, I’d imagine so.” She looked up at him holding his gaze. “So when do you have to go back?”

“Late August. Jean-Luc’s already been talkin’ about havin’ me fly down on a fairly regular basis though – an’ of course for d’ holidays an’stuff.” His brow puckered in thought about that. “Of course, I’ll have t’ talk t’ Talia about dat too – went last year t’ her folks…maybe she can stay with my family dis year or soemthin’.”

“Well…it will be nice seeing you around again.” She stopped as the song ended. “Well – I think that this is all my feet can handle for one night. I think that I’ll head home. Would you walk me out?”

He offered his arm to her. “Mais oui.” He nodded at a few people he knew on their way out, breathing a sigh of relief as they headed out of the building. It may have been fun, but he was ready to go home as well. Walking her to her car, he went to open the door for her when a hand on his stopped him.

“Thank you for the night Remy. I had a lot of fun.” She gave him a teasing smile. “You were worth every penny.”

He chuckled. “Oui – it was nice. Its good t’ be friends again, neh?”

“Yes. It is.” She lifted her hand off of his and allowed him to open the door for her, reaching up to place a quick kiss on his cheek before sliding into her seat. “I’ll see you around then.”

“Bon nuit.” He shut the door and watched her drive off. Glancing at his watch, he sighed. It was much too late to call Talia tonight as he’d hoped to be able to. It would have to wait till tomorrow. He snorted when he realized that he was actually eager for school to start again – what was he coming to?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I like this! Ten to one says Remy's in the doghouse with Talia, though. ;) Good writing and good fic; I like the reappearance of Bella, and I like that he's catching up with his past.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Talia] TJ flicked another channel. Summer was sucking HARD this year.

[Talia] To add to it, Mel was away for the next WEEK and David was being an asshole, so she had spent the last few days home.

[Talia] On top of that her parents STILL wouldn't tell her what was up with Jean Luc's phone call. And she missed Remy more than she thought possible.

[Talia] It was an incredibly....frustrating summer. In more ways than one.

[Talia] She reached for her cellphone, hearing it go off, and smiled as she noticed the number. She flipped it open, putting it to her ear. "Hey baby!!!"

[Remy] "Hey." He smiled when he heard her voice, closing his eyes as he slouched in a deck chair at the edge of the pool. "How y' doin' today?"

[Talia] "I'm doing gooood," she said, turning the TV down and pulling her knees up. "Much better now. How are you??"

[Remy] "Bein. Sittin' by the pool. May go for a swim in a bit...its pretty hot today."

[Remy] "Little tired too - went an' did a fundraiser last night - its why I missed callin' y'...wish I could have caught y' before it was too late."

[Remy] "Mais, Nonc is happy with me - an' I feel like I'm fittin' in and pullin' my weight a bit more, such as it is."

[Talia] "Pool?? You are SO lucky..it's like, ungodly hot here. I haven't even left the house.." she stopped. "Yeah, I was wondering why you didn't call last night, I missed you. What was the fundraiser about??"

[Remy] "Oh...t' help with street kids an' stuff. Dey're a good group. Just...its good t' help, y' know?"

[Talia] She idly began playing with the fringe on a throw pillow as she continued. "What was it, like a party or something?? Was it fun??"

[Remy] "It was ok...was a dinner an' a batchelor auction. Bit of dancin'. Really fancy like y' know? But dey raised more dan dey expected - so dat was good."

[Talia] She sat up. "Bachelor auction? Like....you got bought??"

[Remy] "Oui." he chuckled. "For not a bad price neither. But Nonc said its more for d' whole publicity of it dat it was good to go in it - got more people t' attend d' dinner an' donate to d' group."

[Talia] TJ huffed a little, shifting uncomfortably. "So someone bought you for the night? Who?!"

[Remy] Oh, here was where it got a bit sticky. "Well, actually its kinda funny chere - y' know y' can't even see people when ey are biddin' on y'?" He sighed. There wasn't much pussy footing around it. "Bella."

[Talia] She paused. "Bella?"

[Talia] Talia was silent for a little bit, breathing into the phone. "You let Bella buy you? You spent the night with Bella!!!"

[Remy] "What? It ain't like I coulda said who could buy me an who couldn't...an' it wasn't like anythin' happened - we just had dinner wit' about 100 other people."

[Remy] "Dere wasn't anythin' goin' on either - it was just like talkin' t' a friend - like Lizzie or someone."

[Talia] "But...but why would you let ANYONE buy you?! Like, you're...you're still my boyfriend right?"

[Remy] "It was jus' a charity gig, chere. An' of course I'm still y're boyfriend...dis wasn't nothin'. Wasn't like it was a date or anythin'...I just was helpin' d' peopel out, y' know?

[Talia] "Aren't there other ways to help people? That aren't selling yourself to women!"

[Talia] She sighed angrily, sniffing a bit. "I mean, what, you're like how many miles away and does that make it ok??"

[Remy] "What?" ok...this wasn't quite going as he'd thought. Why was she crying? Good lord, save him from women. "Chere...it wasn't like I sold my ass or somethin'...I jus' did dis fundraiser. Wasn't like I was cheatin' on y' or somethin'. Ain't like I tried t' hide it either..."

[Talia] "But why would you want to spend the night with someone else! I don't get it!"

[Remy] "Chere...y're makin' it sound like I was doin' somethin'...dat I wasn't doin'. It was like sittin' t' dinner with Mercy or somethin'. Y' don't get mad at me for dat!"

[Talia] "No...but she's not Bella!!"

[Talia] Talia sighed. Maybe she was being a bit overdramatic. "Nothing happened?"

[Remy] "Non...of course it didn't! Told y' dat it didn't. I wouldn't cheat on y'."

[Talia] She sniffled again. "I'm sorry.."

[Talia] "I...miss you so much. SO so much...and it just...I don't like that some other girl is spending time with you when I can't."

[Remy] "Oh chere, I wasn't mad at y'...look - don't cry, ok? It just - it was for d' kids, oui?"

[Remy] "An' I miss y' too. Have y're parents said anythin'?"

[Talia] "No, they're not saying ANYTHING at all! It's like they want me to have the worst summer ever," she almost felt like she was going to cry now, talking to him realising how damn far he was and how much longer it was until school.

[Remy] He sighed heavily, getting up to walk over to the pool, dangling his legs in it. At least part of him could be cool. "I don't get why dey won't at least talk t' y' about it...y're pretty much an' adult now, oui?"

[Talia] "Not to them. To them I'm like 5 and I can't even leave the house. I swear, if they could they'd probably chain me in my bedroom."

[Remy] "Y' know...Nonc might ask me t' d' stuff...but I don't ever feel like I don't got a say, y' know? It's different dan how John is. Know he just wants t' protect y'...but merde chere. D' man is a bit of a pain in d' ass. He'd probabally let y' go see someone like Scotty if y' were datin' him."

[Talia] "I..." she sighed. "What can I do??"

[Remy] "Dere ain't nothin' y' can do chere. I know dat. Not tryin' t' make y' feel bad or nothin'...it just - what is Remy supposed t' do? John ain't ever gonna like me. Is he always gonna make it hard for us?"

[Talia] "No...no, you guys just need to get to know each other better....it'll get better!"

[Remy] He made noise of dismissal. "Dunno about dat chere."

[Remy] "Anyways - it don't matter. I wish y' could come down - but we'll be in school soon enough, an' dere ain't any John dere, neh?"

[Talia] She nodded. "Yeah...I don't get why my parents are so against us. It's like they don't get that we're in love!"

[Remy] "Oui. Well...hopefully dey'll get it eventually. Cause Remy ain't goin' nowhere. Think dat's what's scarin' y're pere d' most, neh? He thinks I'm jus' usin' y'?"

[Talia] "I guess....they don't always trust that I make the best choices....but then, I did do some dumb stuff.."

[Remy] "Like what?" He chuckled. "D' only one really bad choice dat Remy can think of was buyin' all dat stuff on y're mere's credit card."

[Talia] TJ blushed a bit. "Yeah..well, that. And other dumb things...plus, I've like...changed my mind alot. But they don't get it, this bis completely different! I love you SO much, and there's no one ever I could possibly love more."

[Remy] He chuckled. "Oui...well I think dat Remy is a bit different from all dat shit, neh? An' we're happy - an' goin' t' school...so what else could dey really want?"

[Talia] "I don't know...I don't even know...and I don't care anymore. Because I'm happy...you make me so happy."

[Remy] "Merci chere. Can't explain how much y've changed my life...an' it's good, neh?"

[Remy] "Can't imagine things bein' any better dan dey are now...well...unless it was dat we could spend d' summer together too." He smiled. "But its fine. We'll have most of d' year together again. Y' thought at all what Christmas is gonna be like next year?"

[Talia] Ugh. "Baby, I don't even want to think about that right now...I have no idea what will happen. Do you think you could come out here again?"

[Remy] "Well...was thinkin' dat maybe y' could spend some time here...maybe we could arrange a trade or somethin'...it would give y're parents another few months to realize dat we're committed t' each other, oui?"

[Talia] "Yeah....I dunno." Yeah right. "We'll....lets worry about that later."

[Talia] She turned, noticing her father enter the room. She glanced at the clock. They were coming home already?

[Talia] "Remy, I gotta go. But, call me later??"

[Remy] "Certainment. Je t'aime."

[Talia] "I love you too. So so so so much. I miss you!"

[Remy] He hung the phone up, and pulled his feet out of the water, shaking them off. The whole situation was frusterating, but one way or another, he'd prove to John that he was in his daughters life. The homme would have to come to accept that sooner or later.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

School.

Well, after the debate of d' century, suppose I got my life mapped out for d' next year.

(thank Dieu I got t' take that little break between it all...it was a relief, chere...)

D' good news is that I don't have t' be with that Rankin guy no more - though Nonc said that I'd obviously have t' keep in shape on my own time. Like Remy'd let that go - if there's one thing this boy's always gonna be able t' do - its get into places that he shouldn't be. Even if I'm not takin' any souveiners. Sides which, maybe Scotty'll give me another workout, neh?

So...math was a given. Geography cause y' have t' know where all these businesses are. The organizational shit should be a dead giveaway too...

Settin' and achieving goals, cause Nonc says I gotta figure out what I want an' how t' get there on my own. Chemistry an' mutant bio cause evidently I should know why I am...well like I am.

An' cultural arts, so I fit in with d' crowd that my uncle hangs with. Though I think nonc's expectin' more of an art history/apprechiation thing there than...welllll...Howlett. Like the guy - but y'all know what I mean. Still...it's beats the shit out of some of the other courses, so wasn't gonna complain about that.

Dieu. First thing Remy's doin' when he gets back is hittin' Vito's. Gotta get some fun while I can, neh?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

He flipped though the book in front of him, waiting patiently as Mercy kissed Henri goodbye. She was all dressed up, obviously heading to some function. Herni, lucky bastard, got to stay home and help explain physics to him.

Picking up a pen he tapped it against the edge of the book in front of him, trying to concentrate and let them have what privacy he could. He looked up when a hand came down, trapping the pen beneath it.

“Supposed t’ be physics, not percussion, neh?”

He rolled his eyes, but gave Henri a smile. “Gettin’ annoyin’ was I?” He sighed. “It’s just dis shit. It…” he closed his mouth with a snap at the patient look Henri was giving him. Ah. He guessed this was a familiar enough litany that Henri could have probably told him what he was going to say before he said it. He settled for another tack.

“So where’s Mercy goin’ t’day anyway?”

“She’s got another meetin’ for dat battered woman’s group she’s helping organize dat fundraiser for.”

“Ah.” He worked on some questions for a while; Henri watching over his shoulder and clearing up some of problems he was having. It was nearly two hours later when Herni pushed his chair back and stood, knuckling his lower back.

“’bout time for a break?”

“Oui. Merci.” He clapped the book shut so fast that the displaced air blew his pen a foot down the table. Henri just chuckled and led the way out back.

Over his stay here he’d learned that the backyard served as a retreat of sorts for the family. Any uncomfortable business was conducted in the house, or even better at an office outside of the home. Only friends and family were admitted to the shady tree filled large yard with its pool, sprawling flower beds, and many seating areas tucked in nice out of the way spots. There were a multitude of places to lose yourself in for some privacy. Henri led him to his and Mercy’s favorite spot, a low bench near some sweet smelling flowers that Mercy had planted there.

He sat, tipping his face up to let the bits of sun that managed to get through the tree canopy dapple his closed eyelids. Tipping his head to the side, he lazily opened one eye to regard his cousin, slouched in a similar pose to him on the other end of the bench.

“So how did y’ meet Mercy anyways?”

Herni turned to him, a smile on his face. “Her family moved here back when she was about eight. Papa got t’ know dem – her pere is in business. So – guess we kinda knew each other from den – but dere are so many people dat Papa knows, neh?”

He chuckled. “Beginnin’ t’ see dat, oui. Every time I think I’ve met everyone he knows, he goes and brings home another dozen.”

“Yeah. Well…it was at one of dem big get togethers – dat’s when I really noticed her. We snuck off for a bit – went for a walk.” He shrugged. “An’ den I asked her out. Just went from dere I suppose – nothin’ too crazy or anythin’. Boy meets girl kinda stuff y’ know?”

“Oui. Suppose its kinda d’ same for Talia an’ me…except d’ crazy mutant school thing.”

Herni laughed. “Well, she sure is a nice girl. Suppose school ain’t all bad den.” He added in a teasing voice.

He gave Henri exaggerated roll of his eyes, before sobering again. “So…how did y’ know? Dat y’ wanted t’ marry Mercy, I mean?”

“Knew when I couldn’t imagine wakin’ up a day without her. When I knew dat nothin’ was important without her.” Henri gave him an assessing look.

He looked away, studying the reflection off the water of the pool intently. “How long were y’ with her? Before y’ knew I mean.”

“Remy?” He turned back to face Herni looking at him with a slightly questioning, slightly happy look. “Why are y’ askin’ me dis?”

He found himself suddenly and profoundly embarrassed. “Oh. Non. Well. Just not yet.” Waving his hands in what he realized was somewhat ridiculous matter he stopped, looking firmly at Henri. “We’re young, neh? It’s jus’ dat – Talia’s different. Been with many people – and dis isn’t like any of dem.”

He looked off again, unable to meet his cousin’s gaze. “But her pere don’t agree with that none. An’ I dunno how t’ change his mind. Make him realize dat Remy ain’t gonna give her up.”

“Papa didn’t have much luck with him?”

“He wouldn’t say much, but dat’s enough of an answer dere, non?” He shrugged. “It’s what it is. Up t’ me t’ fix it anyways. Just don’t have a clue how. D’ homme never liked me much from d’ get go.” He made a face and glanced at Henri. “But dat could be because he found us makin’ out when dey first showed up.”

Henri laughed at that. “Well, can’t imagine dat would put y’ on his good side. Still – y’ve been with her for how long now? Half a year?”

“Nearly 11 months. Crazy, neh?”

“Oui? Guess y’ two found each other pretty much right away there den.” Henri gave him a reassuring smile. “Y’ll turn him around sometime. Just keep treatin’ Talia right, an’ he’ll eventually accept y’ I’m sure.”

“J'espère ainsi, Henri.”
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

New Orleans

[Remy] Remy laid back on the deck chair, eyes slitted, watching Talia paddle around in the pool. It was a view that he'd missed...expecially since she was wearing next to nothing.

[Remy] He was suprised to be nursing a slight hangover from the previous night. He'd not really done any major drinking or partying for the whole summer, and it had caught him by suprise at how it had affected him. Jean-Luc had certainly kept it flowing though.

[Remy] Still - at least he hadn't made an ass out of himself at the restaurant - just been pleasantly tipsy the whole time. Which was good, considering the restaurant they'd been in.

[Talia] TJ kicked on her back, across to the shallow end of the pool. Beautiful day, made absolutely perfect by the fact that she was spending it with the man she loved.

[Talia] She smirked and flipped over, swimming toward where Remy lay on the side, splashing him a bit. "Am I gonna swim alone all day??"

[Remy] He lifted his head up to grin lazily at her. "Been enjoyin' watchin' y' chere."

[Remy] "I don't know...been enjoyin' d' sun, me." Winking teasingly at her he settled back down, closing his eyes in mock slumber.

[Talia] She rolled her eyes, kicking a big splash at him. "I come allll the way here to watch you sleep?!"

[Remy] He jerked at the wave of cold water. "Hey!" Laughing he stood and walked to the edge of the pool, diving in.

[Remy] He didn't bother surfacing, but swam along until he encountered one slim blue ankle. Grabbing it he gave it a firm tug, popping up to watch Talia reemerge from the dunking he gave her. "All's fair in love an' war, non?"

[Talia] She coughed a bit and splashed him. "Only when I win," she said, sticking her tongue out.

[Talia] Talia swam up to him, putting her arms around his shoulders. "Do you even know how much I missed you??"

[Remy] He wrapped his hands around her waist. "Think y' showed me that last night chere." He grinned again and gave her a small kiss. "Y' have fun last night? Not after, I mean...think dat was pretty evident. With Nonc an' Henri an' Mercy an' all I mean."

[Talia] She nodded. "Oh yeah, it was so nice...your family is really cool!"

[Talia] "But the restaurant was SO fancy! I've never even seen one like that!"

[Remy] "Yeah..." He shrugged and paddled around a bit on his side. "It's kinda weird, neh? Been gettin' a bit more used to it though, with Nonc draggin' me everywhere."

[Remy] "Think I'll leave most d' fancy stuff here though. Maybe take a suit or two - but its not like I'm gonna use dem much up at school."

[Remy] He chuckled. "Can't believe how much I'm lookin' forward t' goin' back, chere. Dis is super nice too - but doubt y're parents would let y' stay here for any length of time, so school it is. At least we get t' live together dere."

[Talia] "I can't wait too!! It's gonna be so nice to cuddle up with you every night again..."

[Talia] She pouted just a bit at him. "But you don't wanna dress fancy for me?"

[Remy] He arched an eyebrow. "Thought y' prefered me with d' least amount of clothes possible, chere?"

[Talia] TJ moved close, giving him a quick nip on the neck. "If you don't wear anything, there's nothing for me to take off with my teeth." She smirked and gave him another quick bite on one of his nipples.

[Jean-Luc] Jean-Luc stepped out on the patio, clearing his throat to warn the two in the pool.

[Remy] He jerked from the nip and then forced down a blush when he heard the noise from behind him. Turning to face his Jean-Luc, he smiled. "Bonjour Nonc."

[Jean-Luc] He smiled back at the two of them. "Enjoyin' y'reselves? It's a nice day t' be in there." He tugged at his suit jacket. "Much better dan dis."

[Talia] "Hi Jean Luc!" TJ greeted. "It's a beautiful pool. And it's SO hot out."

[Jean-Luc] "Glad y're makin' use of it. With Mercy, Henri an' me bein' so busy, it doesn't get d' use it should."

[Jean-Luc] "Which reminds me. Was comin' out here t' tell y' dat I'm gonna be gone at a meetin' for d' next few hours. Bella's papa is a hard man t' bargain with. Mercy an' Henri shouldn't be back until later tonight either - dey ended up havin' t' go t' Baton Rouge."

[Jean-Luc] "Y' two need anything? Y' can take one of the cars if y' want t' go anywhere."

[Talia] TJ slid a look to Remy. They were gonna be alone, in this huuuuuge house on this huuuuuge property, for the next few hours!! "I'm ok I think.."

[Remy] "Oui. Think we're just gonna take it easy today." He draped one arm around Talia's waist.

[Jean-Luc] "Bein. See y' later den." he waved, and left, shaking his head slightly. He'd have to give the cook a heads up to stay in the kitchen he supposed. Or maybe he'd just send her home early today - not like there wasn't enough food in the fridge for the kids if they even decided they needed to eat.

[Talia] Talia waved at him as he left, then turned back to Remy. "So...what do YOU wanna do?" she gave him a smirk.

[Remy] "Well...y' remember back at school dat one time?" he shimmied out of his trunks. "We never did quite get t' finish dat, did we?"

[Talia] She noticed him take off his trunks and slipped the straps of her bikini top down. "I guess we don't have much of a chance of Jamie showing up here, huh?? How far is Texas?"

[Remy] He laughed loudly at that. "Dieu...dat was funny wasn't it, eh chere? Thought y' were gonna turn purple y' were blushin' so hard."

[Talia] TJ splashed him. "That wasn't funny at all! They almost saw me naked!"

[Remy] "Almost?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "Dere wasn't much 'almost' in dere chere."

[Talia] She turned to Remy. "HEY! You said they couldnt see!" She lunged and pushed him backward into the water.

[Remy] He laughed harder. "Wellll...it was dark. But dat's only gonna help so much. An' when y' took d' shirt back off is when I think most d' peepin' happened - an' by den dere was a bunch more people dan just Jamie dere."

[Remy] He thought for a minute. "Isn't dat d' night dat Jamie tried to blackmail Wanda into messin' around with him by bribin' her with popcorn?"

[Talia] "I think so..with that weird closet movie. Jamie was SO weird.." she paddled up to him and put her arms around him again.

[Remy] He kissed her lingeringly before backing off again. "Y' seem still a bit overdressed t' me chere."

[Talia] She shrugged, leaning in for another kiss. "What're we gonna do about that?"

[Remy] Taking that as an invitation he flicked the back of her bikini open. "Maybe dat?"

[Talia] TJ pulled the top down, throwing it onto the side of the pool. "Better?"

[Remy] "Much." He settled his hands on her hips. "Y' know...considerin' how long we've been together its kinda a shock dat we've not managed t' have sex in water yet, neh? I mean...if we can do it on a roof, y' would have thought we'd have managed a pool before now."

[Talia] She reached under and pulled off her bottoms, throwing it toward the rest of her bikini. "It's because of all the people who will always manage to walk in on you when your not doing it somewhere where the doors have locks.."

[Talia] "But I think we can fix that now, huh??"

[Remy] "Oh oui. It'd be my pleasure chere."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€