christmas 2006: Wagner

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Please post everything that happens to your character here - any interactions, fics, flogs (which please also post in your myspace if you wish) or whatnot. This does mean that some things will be duplicated if you did them with another player (ie instances) but it will help establish your characters timeline.

Once Christmas is over, the mods ensure that all of these will be sorted into their appropriate sub-forums.

Let the games begin!

Nacht and Paws

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Before Christmas Break - Charles' Xavier's Office

Post by Saint Kurt »

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier sat at his large oak desk, looking over a series of reports and ledgers. All of this was so much more complex than he'd origionally assumed it would be. But it was happening. His dream.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt teleported to a spot just outside of Dr. Xavier's office. He wasn't sure why Charles wanted to see him or what this was about, but he'd been trying to talk to Charles about the school all semester so at least finally they would; even if it was a little late.

[Fr.Wagner] He limped a few steps forward and knocked on the door.

[Dr.Xavier] "Kurt." Xavier looked up to the door. "Come on in."

[Fr.Wagner] Charles always knew who it was. It was creepy, but then again that was Charles' gift so it shouldn't have been.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt pushed the door open and sat down in a chair across from Charles' desk. "So, Charles, for what do I owe the pleasure?" Kurt asked.

Talia enters this room

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled up at the man, brow puckering breifly into a frown as kurt limped across the room and into a chair. "Well, I thought that we could perhaps discuss the students a bit - as you know there will be several staying here over the break. Miss Bradock is one of them.

[Dr.Xavier] "I have some concerns about her."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt frowned as well. "Lizzie, Miss Braddock I mean, does have a lot of problems. Hopefully she can begin working on them over the break.

[Fr.Wagner] "I don't see what that has to do with me though." Kurt said.

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier looked inquisitively at Kurt. "Well, it was my understanding that you were developing a rapore with her - I spoke with her the other day, but I think that she needs complete supervision for a while. She is a very troubled young woman. I don't want to lose her Kurt."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt stared at Charles in disbelief.

[Fr.Wagner] "A rapport?" He said. He gestured at himself. "Does this look like a rapport to you?"

[Fr.Wagner] Then, narrowing his eyes he added, "And what do you mean, 'complete supervision'?"

[Dr.Xavier] "Well, I just think that we all should be keeping a close watch on her. Her state of mind seems very chaotic. I regret that you were injured by her, Kurt, but I am sure that you can understand my desire to not see any additional incidences like that."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat back. "Oh, well, I agree with that. But for a second it sounded like you thought I was going to be staying here over the break to supervise the students."

[Dr.Xavier] "You aren't?" Charles looked somewhat dismayed. "I was under the impression that you were not interested in returning home to visit your family. I assumed that you would spend it here with us instead."

Talia exits from this room

[Fr.Wagner] "Visit my family?" Kurt sputtered. "I don't have family I can visit. I never have Charles. But don't assume that that means that you have me here at your disposal."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt paused for a moment, unconsciuosly straightening his collar. "I have to go back to Rome," he said, "I have duties to attend to there. Remember? I don't work for you."

[Dr.Xavier] Charles sighed. "It wasn't my intent to simply treat you as a regular staff member Kurt. Its just that I thought we were on the same page with this."

[Dr.Xavier] "The students need guidance. To date, you have been doing a good job of that."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was silent, then he said "I'm the only one doing that job."

[Fr.Wagner] "I was on the same page, but not when it failed to serve the needs of the students. And that's exactly what happened Charles."

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier nodded. "I realize that you've had some challenges with this all Kurt, and I regret that I was not more insistant that Miss Bradock visit me on a regular basis...

[Dr.Xavier] he waved his hand at the papers littering his desk. "but as you can see - its been more complicated to realize all of this than I anticipated."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt stared at Charles' desk. It looked exactly like his own desk.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm not just talking about Lizzie, Charles. Her name is Lizzie. They like to be called by their first names."

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm talking about all the students. There isn't a single one of them who hasn't had trouble adjusting to being here and I'm sure half the reason for that is because we changed the rules on them halfway through it."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shrugged. "Maybe Lizzie's reaction was the sensible thing, given all that we've thrown at them."

[Dr.Xavier] "Well, I realize that it was an error in my judgment at first to try and gloss over certain...details. However, I think that some hiccups can be expected. This IS the first time that something like this has been attempted."

[Dr.Xavier] "Still, you do not find Mi...Lizzie's reactions a trifle extreme?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sighed. "Of course I do."

[Fr.Wagner] "But I'm also suggesting that perhaps as a faculty we might have made mistakes that are equally extreme. And we might still be making them."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head. "I don't want to come back and have the school be run exactly like it was when I first arrived."

[Dr.Xavier] Charles frowned and leaned forward on the desk. "What do you mean Kurt? I was under the impression that aside from Lizzie that things were flowing fairly smoothly."

[Fr.Wagner] "Well," Kurt said with a somewhat sarcastic grin, "if you're not here, then they are running very smoothly indeed. However, if you're the only one taking care of the students' emotional and disciplinary needs then no it is not running smoothly."

[Dr.Xavier] "So then, what is it that you think that needs to be done?"

[Fr.Wagner] "You could try talking to them," Kurt said. "You seem quite concerned about Lizzie Braddock yet I don't recall her ever meeting with you once this semester until now. Have you met with Scott Summers? He also appears to be having problems, but I don't think you've met with him at all. "

[Fr.Wagner] "Remy LeBeau, Warren Worthington, Raven Darkholme... I could name you half a dozen others who have either acted out or personally spoken to me about their discomfort here."

[Fr.Wagner] "They need guidance, yours, not mine, and they need a consistant message. You know I've been behind your mission for mutant relations since the beginning, but if you don't do something, you'll never have these kids' trust. They'll never back you up."

[Dr.Xavier] "I understand that I have been lax in my duties to the students. I have already spoken to Lizzie about being more available for her."

[Dr.Xavier] "But this MUST succeed Kurt. I think that the future of mutantkind rests on it.

[Fr.Wagner] "I..." Kurt paused. He was about to say he agreed, but did he. He had at one time. But that had been before Charles had asked him to lie on his behalf, before Sgt. Rankin and his obstacle courses, back when the school was just an idea.

[Fr.Wagner] He thought about his work for the Vatican. He'd gathered so much data here of course and he'd barely managed to put it together into a passable report; he was still sifting through his notes and finding new things to add every day. What was more important, that work or Charles' vision?

[Fr.Wagner] Or were they perhaps meant to work together?

[Fr.Wagner] "It will succeed," Kurt said, "If you're there to see it do so."

[Dr.Xavier] Charles met Kurt's golden gaze. "I will be." He moved the papers into a stack, setting them off to the side. The rest of the work would just have to wait.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Instance: Snakes on a Plane

Post by Saint Kurt »

Chicago O'Hare Airport's Domestic Terminal Waiting Area

[Summers] Scott picked at his fries, largely ignoring the noisy hustle and bustle around him. He resisted looking at his watch again. He glanced at a little girl careening around his table, pretending to be flying. Screw it. He looked at his watch. Damn, he’s nearly two hours late.

[Summers] Where the hell could he be? It’s only New Fucking York. Scott dropped his fry and scanned the crowds.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt dodged various wheeled suitcases and other airport obstacles as he dashed from the international terminal to the domestic terminal. This was such a pain in the ass.

[Fr.Wagner] He tried to avoid airports whenever possible. He just had to keep reminding himself that no matter what, he would be making this trip, he was just doing it a little early that's all. He stood at the entrance to the central domestic terminal waiting area and scanned the crowd.

[Fr.Wagner] Finding Scott should be easy, he just had to find the one person who wasn't staring at him. Ah. And there he was. Feeling like he was becoming lopsided from the weight of his laptop and briefcase Kurt walked over to the table and set them down.

[Fr.Wagner] "Sorry I'm so late Scott," he said, "ready to go?"

[Summers] “Yeah.” Scott stifled a yawn. “What took you so damn long, anyway? New York is not that far.” Scott glared at Fr. Wagner. He looked careworn. Scott slung his backpack over a shoulder and held out a hand to take the briefcase.

Invisigel enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] ((The gel is in here!))

[Summers] ((oh no! Not the gel!))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt absent-mindedly handed Scott his briefcase and then took it back to fish the tickets out of it.

[Summers] "Oh – before I forget, here’s the letter from my Aunt and Uncle.” Scott pulled the slightly crumpled envelope out of his jacket pocket and, he hoped Fr. Wagner didn’t notice that it had been opened and resealed.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took the envelope in confusion.

[Fr.Wagner] "Wait a minute," he said, "I wasn't in New York. I came from Rome! I was in Rome when your parents called me telling me that it was urgent I return. That you were in grave danger."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt blinked, trying to clear his eyes. He hadn't slept in at least... 36 hours now. "Then I get here and it's just you and an envelope? What's going on?"

[Summers] Scott swallowed. “Rome? They called you in Rome? I didn’t know that.” Scott scuffed his boot on the floor a little bit. “I was a few weeks ago, I guess.” He looked down at the floor, and dug his hands into his pockets.

[Fr.Wagner] "Yes, I was in Rome. It's where I live when I'm not at the school, which is supposed to be... most of the time. I do have actual work that I do as a priest you know."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at the envelope. "What's this about anyway?" he asked since it was obvious Scott had opened it and tried to reseal it. Without waiting for an answer he slid his finger under the flap and shook the paper open. Kurt read it over in silence.

[Fr.Wagner] He gave Scott a long inscrutible stare and then with a sigh stuffed the paper and envelope back into his case. He then opened the tickets and looked at them.

[Fr.Wagner] "Our gate is this way. Get your things and let's go." he said.
[Summers] Scott followed in silence for a while. “I fucked up, and I need help. And since you’re the only one who gives a damn about me at school, I told them about you. So I guess they called.

[Summers] Aunt Ruthie wrote the letter, mom and dad wanted me to stay. But…” Scott sidestepped a rolling suitcase. “but I’m going back to help myself. But I can’t do it alone. I need your guidance."

[Fr.Wagner] "I came back early for your Scott. This is why? I don't believe this." Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "I haven't slept in 36 hours because of 'Aunt Ruthie'." Kurt was so busy with his tirade that he nearly knocked over a little girl pulling a pink Disney suitcase.

[Summers] Scott narrowed his eyes. "Well, fuck you too." He snapped, stepping over the pink suitcase. “You could’ve called back and asked what the hell was so important! I mean, me swallowing all of my meds –“ Scott stopped short. Aw, hell with it.

[Summers] “And the vicodin and sleeping pills would get anyone, especially my Aunt, into a frenzy.” He beat the urge to kick Fr. Wagner. This was SO not the conversation to be having in the middle of a crowd of strangers!

[Summers] “Obviously I’m alive, so you didn’t need to rush to meet me here.” Scott snorted in anger. “But, like I said. I can’t do this alone. So…thank you.”
[Fr.Wagner] For a moment, Kurt stopped in his tracks and looked around. As if they weren't conspicuous enough.

[Fr.Wagner] "Scott!" he admonished. But then he really didn't have anything else to say since Scott was mostly right. He was being an asshole.

[Fr.Wagner] The expression on Kurt's face softened as he started walking again. "I knew you were having some problems Scott, but I wasn't aware they were this severe," he said. "It seems that many of the students have been hiding as much from us as we did from them."

[Summers] “Well, we’ve learned from the best, I guess.” Scott blinked. “Er, sorry. And anyway, I’ve been having problems now for three years.” He shrugged, bouncing his pack.

[Summers] “That wasn’t my first attempt. I suck at the ‘pulling it off before someone realizes that I’m not there’ part. But, I must say, that was the closest to death I’ve come.” He shuddered. “So, how’s Rome?”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gave Scott an odd look. "Rome is wonderful as always. It was nice to get away, sleep in my own room... But, I had to come back at some point. Now is as good as any."

[Fr.Wagner] "As for your suicide attempt, Scott. I'm glad it was unsuccessful and that you decided to return to school."

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm..." Kurt placed his hand on his chest, "honored that you asked me to help and I will do my best."

[Summers] Scott smiled at Fr. Wagner. “Yeah, well, don’t take up a crusade or anything,” Scott said, wanting to not talk about his oh-so-fun vacation, and a bit discomfited at the sudden change in Fr. Wagner’s attitude. “Well, this is the gate.” He stopped and yawned again.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked down at their tickets. "It is."

[Fr.Wagner] People were already lining up to board. "Aisle or window?"

[Summers] Scott debated. Window was good. He wouldn’t have to move every time someone wanted to get up, he could have control over the window shade, and he’d have something to lean against.

[Summers] On the other hand, if he needed to get up, that was a bother to everyone else. And with the two large Cokes he’d drunk, he was sure he’d need to get up at some point on the flight.

[Summers] “Aisle.”

[Fr.Wagner] "Aisle it is." Kurt handed Scott his ticket.

[Summers] "Thank you. Unless you'd prefer the aisle." Scott reached for the ticket but didn't take it.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head, still holding the ticket out for Scott to take.

[Fr.Wagner] "It doesn't matter to me." he said.

[Summers] "Ok then." Scott took the ticket.

Business Class - Chicago to JFK

Fr.Wagner enters this room
Summers enters this room
Invisigel enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt scrolled through the article on his laptop. He was sorry he wasn't going to Cairo because this case did look interesting. A mutant who appeared to have healing powers was exactly what the church had been searching for.

[Fr.Wagner] He glanced at Scott who was asleep beside him. He certainly hadn't found anything like that at Xavier's.

[Fr.Wagner] He picked up one of the papers resting on Scott's chest and read it over, adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

[Fr.Wagner] He sighed, put it back, and went back to his laptop.

[Summers] Scott cracked open an eye, wondering where he was for a minute. Oh yeah…He turned to look at Fr. Wagner. He was hunched over a laptop, square glasses sliding down his nose, typing furiously. He looked down at himself. “Help! I’m drowning in paper!”

[Fr.Wagner] "Hmmm?" Kurt looked over. It was hard to tell with the glasses, but it seemed like Scott was awake. Lucky bastard. Kurt would have done anything for a nap.

[Fr.Wagner] "Sorry." He gathered the papers from Scott and put them on Scott's tray table.

[Summers] "No worries." Scott got up. "I'll be right back."

[Summers] He made for the toilets as quickly as he could.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt started to rise. "Ummm. Scott, maybe you shouldn't go..."

[Fr.Wagner] "by yourself," he finished. Sitting back down in his seat. Great. He was a really great chaparone.

[Fr.Wagner] Of course, what should he have done. A priest trying to enter an airplane lavatory with an 18 year boy would probably have them grounding the plane...

[Fr.Wagner] Come to think of it, why was he even being entrusted with the lives of teenagers anyway? Like he was such a fantastic example of how to live one's life. He was going to have to talk to Xavier when he got to New York.

[Summers] Scott came back and collapsed into his chair. “I am never drinking two giant-sized cokes again.” He looked at Fr. Wagner. “So, what were you saying before I ran off?”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at Scott. He seemed all right. Then again...

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you... smell cigarettes?" he asked.

[Fr.Wagner] Maybe Scott went into the bathroom to smoke? But no, he would have set off all those alarms and they would have probably grounded the plane for that as well. Still he could definitely smell cigarettes. He looked around.

[Summers] "Um.. a little bit." Scott hedged. "My Uncle smokes. It could have um, gotten into my clothes."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt nodded. "I hate that. When I was with the circus, and when I was acting too, the people who smoked... Their trailers smelled, their clothes, their costumes, everything." Kurt wrinkled his nose.

[Fr.Wagner] "People say it smells when I teleport, but I don't do it for minutes at a time." Kurt started gathering up his papers.

[Fr.Wagner] "So, what else happened over your vacation?"

[Summers] “Oh, um…Well, I only had five days not in the hospital, so…not much. Oh! I got this really cool book from the excavation team in Montana! They know I like dinosaurs…” Scott pulled out his backpack and rummaged through it excitedly.

[Summers] He pulled out a CD player and a case of CDs, two bottles of water, and some gum. “It’s a really neat idea, it’s by an artist, James Gurney. It’s called Dinotopia…it’s a big book. Where could it be?”

[Summers] He unzipped another pocket, and took out a pack of cigarettes and a cheap lighter. He stopped dead and shoved them back in and pulled out the book.

[Summers] “Basically it’s humans and Dinosaurs living together…” He trailed off as he realized Fr, Wagner was not happy with him.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head. "Scott, if you're not going to be honest with me, I can't help you with anything. I'm guessing your uncle isn't keeping his cigarettes in your backpack."

[Summers] “Ok, honesty it is. He put the book back in his back pack. “I have minor liver damage, and I figure what’s a little lung cancer to boot.” He avoided Fr. Wagner’s gaze.

[Summers] “I’ve always smoked off and on. Kinda a peer pressure deal, and I was quitting before I went home, but I guess I need to wean myself off a bit more slowly.

[Summers] He fiddled with the strap of the seatbelt. “And I didn’t finish the vicodin, I stored it.”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt stared at Scott in disbelief.

[Fr.Wagner] "Oh. I see..." he said at last. "That makes so much sense. I think I'll do the same thing. Because you know, even though I'm a priest and everything, I sin once and a while. Okay, often, but it's small stuff like swearing and not being charitable.

[Fr.Wagner] ((damn))
[Fr.Wagner] "However, while I'm at it, you know, since I've sinned already, perhaps I should murder people and start preaching occult idol worship on Sundays?"

[Summers] ((lol))

[Fr.Wagner] "How does that sound to you? Because I used to do a lot of stupid things when I was younger and I'm finding it difficult to stop. I think I'd like to kind of... ease into it by only doing them socially now."

[Invisigel] ((*dying))

[Summers] ((me too))

[Summers] “Don’t patronise me you sarcastic bastard!” Scot hissed. “You just said ‘be honest’ and I tell you the truth and you throw it back in my face. I’m sorry I asked for you specifically to help me. Hell, I wish I had died!”

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm telling you the truth too." Kurt said. "I'm not going to help you by feeling sorry for you if that's what you want. If you want sympathy and lies, go to Charles or something. Maybe you'll get it there, but not from me.

[Fr.Wagner] "I sacrificed too much to watch you make the exact same mistakes I did, especially when you asked me for my help."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm sure I could be a lot more polite, but it's," he looked at his watch, "four o'clock tomorrow morning or something for me and I haven't slept in two days. So, I'm sorry about that, but you'll just have to bear with me."

[Fr.Wagner] ((I just thought of something. Can we call this instance "Snakes on a Plane"?))
[Summers] ((YES))

[Invisigel] ((LMAO))
[Summers] Scott sat back, silent. What to say now? I can’t say ‘I’m sorry’. That’s worked SO well in the past…I want to go back home. This is fucking nuts.

[Summers] I’m swearing a blue streak at a priest, and I get to see Remy and TJ again - my two least favorite people on this earth, and I don’t have Rich to talk to. I’m going to go nuts. I can’t do this.

[Summers] “Ok. I don’t want sympathy. Just don’t take that tone of voice again – I did not appreciate it. It’s no laughing matter.”

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt had to laugh. Usually he was the one who was the mediator, smoothing over people's rough edges.

[Fr.Wagner] He nodded. "Agreed," he said and then after a moment added, "I'm sorry, if I could sleep on a plane I'd probably be okay. But I can't. It makes these long flights a bit rough."

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm not exactly sure what will be going on when we get back. I know a few of the students stayed over the break, but that's about all I know."
[Summers] "That sucks. Angel and Lizzie are staying at the mansion." Scott said. "Would you like to listen to some music? I brought some classical. It's my cousin's school orchestra and she's a celloist. It's not too bad."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt certainly knew Lizzie was there, but he said nothing. He had no idea what he was going to come back to as far as that was concerned. The less said the better there.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know Angel and you were close. Are you looking forward to seeing her? I always enjoyed having her in my classes."

[Invisigel] (( ))

[Summers] ((oh be quiet, you! lol))

[Invisigel] ((Had to get in a little Nakedremy distraction))

[Summers] “Yes and no. She’s caught in the middle of Remy and TJ and myself. And…I like her yes, but until I uh, stabilize, I don’t want to ruin our friendship. It’s complicated.” He kicked at his backpack. “But on the whole, yes, it’ll be nice to see her.”
[Fr.Wagner] "There's nothing wrong with being friends," Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "And there's nothing wrong with being TJ and Remy's friend either, even if they can't be yours."

[Summers] “I know. I just don’t want her having to choose, so I’ve made it clear to her that I don’t want her to choose. Maybe in time, they will be my friends too.” He smiled bitterly. “But I think not.” He decided to forgo the mention of his first thought, ‘friends don’t kiss like that.’
[Fr.Wagner] "Well, don't decide on anything too early. Give everything a chance okay? People can surprise you." Kurt said.

[Summers] Scott nodded. "Yeah, they can. So, still want to listen to my cousin?"
[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled. "Sure."

[Fr.Wagner] ((and they lived happily ever after.))

[Summers] ((yay!))

[Edited on 4/8/06 by Saint Kurt]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

[Fr.Wagner] Of course, what should he have done. A priest trying to enter an airplane lavatory with an 18 year boy would probably have them grounding the plane...
LMFAO. I love the "bonding time"! Even though it was kind of initiated by a suicide attempt... do we know of any Xavier U student who isn't seriously screwed up in the head? And I loved Kurt's analogy. Great characterisation all around! :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
do we know of any Xavier U student who isn't seriously screwed up in the head?
No. They're all nuts. Except for Raven, but she had to go. ;)

Actually "Kurt's Theme" if you could call it that is that he was sent by the Vatican to study whether or not mutants were "miraculous" and is discovering that they have regular problems just like everyone else. Their mutations might make them different, but they are definitely still human.

This is in itself supposed to become a miraculous discovery but I'm not sure how to phrase that yet.

-e
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Instance: A mysterious Call to Rome

Post by Saint Kurt »

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up and down the corridor outside Wagner's office. All clear. Well, now or never....

[Elizabeth] Taking a deep breath Lizzie put a hand over the lock and imagined it coming apart...There was a click as the lock disintegrated, granting her access into the office. The bookcase was back in its rightful place. It made her shiver just to see it....

[Elizabeth] She quietly shut the door after her then stole over to the desk, sitting down, her feet tucked under her as she rummaged through the papers on the desk. "Oh come on it has to be here somewhere..." she muttered through gritted teeth, pushing her hair out of her eyes. She was too tired for this...

Summerspy enters this room

[Elizabeth] Sitting back with a groan, her eyes came to rest on one of those pop up phone number things. She pulled it over to her and flicked through it, coming up with the number in Rome for '"The Presbytery of St. Michael's". Hmm, that sounded right, maybe?

[Elizabeth] Lizzie grabbed the phone and dialed, her mouth in her throat as she waited for someone to pick up.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was roused out of a deep sleep when the phone rang. Without opening his eyes, he reached over and fumbled the phone from the cradle and mumbled into it, "Das Presbyterium der Kirche des Erzengel Michael, Pfarrer Wagner."

[Elizabeth] "Mister - um, Father Wagner? Umm...Is that you?" Lizzie twitched slightly. Oh SHIT she forgot the time differences....

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt still wasn't awake, There was an English speaking voice on the other end. He drew himself closer to his beside table to look at the identity of the caller.

[Fr.Wagner] He rubbed his eyes and put on his glasses to read it: "Rev. Kurt Wagner New York 415-555-1212". He was calling himself?

[Fr.Wagner] "Hallo, wer ist's?" He asked in German. "I mean," he switched to English, "Hello?"

[Elizabeth] "Bettie Page." Lizzie said without thinking. Damn, she'd prank called too many times when she was bored at school....

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat up. "Bettie Page? On my phone? Is Bettie Page even still alive?" he asked.

[Fr.Wagner] "Okay, well. Goodnight Bettie." Kurt started to hang up the phone.

[Elizabeth] "WAIT! No! Please, Mister Wagner? It's me," ;Lizzie remembered herself very quickly. "It's Lizzie...look, do you...did you mean it? That you care? And you'll listen to me?" Lizzie gasped, the words coming out in a tumbled rush.

[Elizabeth] "Please? Please? I need someone to tlak to and I can't talk to Xavier as I don't like him and I'd talk to Warren but he doesn't deserve to hear all my problems and I'm just really..." Lizzie started to break down and stopped to wipe her eyes as they were starting to tear up.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt knitted his brow, trying to imagine what time it must be in New York. He looked at this clock, it was a little after 3:00am. The traditional witching hour oddly enough. He shrugged.

[Fr.Wagner] He almost had to hold the phone away from his ear as Lizzie shouted into it.

[Fr.Wagner] "Of course I meant it, Lizzie. And I still mean it. You must be at the mansion still, if you're in my office. What's going on? Are you alright?"

[Elizabeth] "No...Annie's stopped my medication." Lizzie said in a small voice. "Are...you wearing that cloth thing?

[Elizabeth] "The one where you can't tell anyone what I told you," Lizzie asked, feeling vaguely embarrassed about it.

[Fr.Wagner] For a moment Kurt was confused. Cloth thing...

[Fr.Wagner] "Oh, my stole," Kurt said. "I don't usually sleep in it, but if you'll wait a moment."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt turned on his bedside lamp and opened the drawer. He had a small stole in there he was pretty sure. He searched around and after a moment, found it. He placed it over his shoulders.

[Fr.Wagner] "Okay," he said, "I'm wearing it. What is it you need to tell me."

nakedremy enters this room

[Elizabeth] "I'm...I'm scared. Nurse Annie - well, I - I was only taking them for my headaches because they were really bad and I took too many pills and I got really bad and Angel had to take me down to the infirmary..." Lizzie gasped, biting her lip.

[Elizabeth] "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called....You're the last person I should be troubling with this," Lizzie choked on a sob and wondered if she should just hang up...She needed to talk so bad, but was this the right way? She wasn't even clear in her own head.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head. "No, I'm glad you called. Really glad."

[Fr.Wagner] He was starting to feel more awake now and could just think in English rather than having to translate from the German he was thinking in. He propped himself up against the wall.

[Fr.Wagner] "That sounds pretty scary Lizzie. What happened after that? Are you still taking the pills for your headaches?"

[Elizabeth] "I'm not allowed. I've got to...withdraw or something. Annie said I'm on a rebound? I think. I just feel really sick now, like I've got flu...Really glad?" Lizzie asked, quite shyly. he didn't sound like he was just saying that...She cast an eye around the room and caught sight of the bookcase.

[Elizabeth] Maybe he just wanted her to tell the truth again. She took a calming breath and curled up a bit smaller in the chair.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt didn't want to ask her how she'd gotten in his office since he thought he'd locked all the windows and doors. It didn't matter right now though.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took a deep breath. "Have every I told you anything about... About what I used to be like? When I was younger? Before I was a priest?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I actually understand a lot more about what you're going through than you realize." he said.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head, then remembered she was on the phone. "No...I heard you were in a film or something."

[Elizabeth] "So...you know what this feels like?" Lizzie asked, feeling her stomach flop over a few times and put her free hand over it. "That's....awful. I feel like I'm going to die," Lizzie said, all sincerity.

[Fr.Wagner] "You're in my office right? On the top shelf of the second bookcase to the right are some binders. Take down the one that says 'photos' on it." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie pushed the chair away from the desk and laid the phone down on a pile of papers before crossing over to the bookcase and scanning the shelf Wagner had told her and took don the binder carefully, and went back to the desk and sat with it in her lap.

[Elizabeth] She picked the receiver back up and put it to her ear, using her shoulder to support it as she had her hands full with the binder. "I've got it. Should I be looking for anything?"
[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head but then realized he was on the phone. "No, just look at them. It should be pretty obvious right away what my problem is."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie opened the binder up and carefully turned the pages. Press cuttings...She was familiar with press cuttings as she and James liked to keep ones of their fmaily as a joke of sorts...but these....

[Elizabeth] Well...Maybe Wagner DID understand, she thought, biting her tongue as she looked at the pictures of a younger Kurt obviously enjoying himself a little too much....God, had she ever looked like that?

[Elizabeth] "I see, Sir...." Lizzie said softly, feeling a little uncomfortable. God, was she supposed to have seen these? Would she have ever if she hadn't broken into his office?

[Fr.Wagner] "I keep them, to remind myself of who I was and who I can still become, " Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "I guess you could say I was extremely unhappy and found a way not to notice. Then it was the thing making me unhappy. I just... didn't realize. It's a difficult thing Lizzie, I know."

[Fr.Wagner] "You probably feel right now like someone opened up a giant hole inside of you and there's nothing to fill it with." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] "A little...." Lizzie wriggled uncomfortably. "But it isn't the same - I needed those pills for my head!" Lizzie put the binder carefully on the desk and wound the phone cord around her fingers. "I get bad headaches - my telepathy doesn't help and it's like - it helps numb it for a little while."

[Elizabeth] "And now I'm not allowed to take them and my head hurts so much! Can't you talk to Annie? Please?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head again and then nodded. Why did he keep doing that? He was on the phone...

[Fr.Wagner] "I understand how you must be feeling. But the one thing I can't do is talk to Annie".. You asked me to put on my stole. This conversation is private - between you and I. It stays that way."

[Elizabeth] "But - Please? Annie completely cleared my room of everything! Even the bottle of whisky I got for Warren. She left me with aspirin. Like ASPRIN works on my head!" Lizzie yelped down the phone and sat back forcefully in the seat, banging her head on the head rest.

[Elizabeth] "So if I ask you to take off the stool thing you'll ask her?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was silent for a moment.

[Fr.Wagner] "It works like this. When a priest is wearing a vestment, which is what my stole is, they are bound by certain rules, which right now I am.

[Fr.Wagner] "If I took it off, I wouldn't be bound by those rules. I could talk to Nurse Annie about this conversation if I wanted. There would only be one problem. I would talk to her about what I wanted to talk about. You still might not get your way."

[Fr.Wagner] "If it were me, I would go for the stole and Aspirin. At least then you know what you're getting."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie scowled slightly and slouched a little in the chair. Yeah, because he reeeeally cares.....Bullshit.

[Fr.Wagner] "What about you - did you really take all those pills for a headache?"

[Elizabeth] "Yes." Lizzie said in a very small voice. "I needed them to make the pain stop...Not that they worked very well...But, I needed them for my head. Honestly."

[Elizabeth] "I hate my powers. I can't control them no matter what I do and the headaches get worse every year....Ever since I was thirteen, I've had my powers and I still can't use them and my head still hurts."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat up a little in the chair, thinking over one of the thigs he had said...Shut myself off...

[Elizabeth] "I...wanted to shut myself off too..." Lizzie said the words without realising.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt fidgeted with the ends of his stole sadly.

[Fr.Wagner] "But we can't can we? We can't shut ourselves off."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried to laugh. "Take it from one who tried to write the book, it's impossible."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was about to agree when she heard meantion of the word 'book' and almost choked.

[Elizabeth] "I...if...If I really am messed up on my pills then...I almost killed you because I have this problem that even I didn't know I had and no one else saw..." Lizzie tried to blink away the tears that were once more pricking the corners of her eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "A lot of times people might not see our problems until it's too late. And we might deny our own situations. It's very difficult." Kurt said gravely.

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie, I don't want you to ever feel like you're alone in trying to deal with this."

[Fr.Wagner] "Day or Night, you come find me, okay? Just like you did today. You did the right thing Lizzie."

[Elizabeth] "Uh...Okay. I'm sorry about what I did to you...But -" Lizzie caught her breath for a second, unsure if she should say this,,,

[Elizabeth] "I...told Warren. He said it wasn't my fault but...maybe he was trying to stop me crying or stop me blowing his room up. I don't know. Was it my fault?"

[Elizabeth] "I mean, no one made me take those painkillers, not exactly, and if they've been doing funny things to my head like with you and the car when you were drunk....."

[Elizabeth] "Was it my fault?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie when people are under the influence of drugs and alcohol, the topic of fault and blame is a big one and an important one. But it is best not taken on so early in ones recovery.

[Fr.Wagner] "The important thing right now is that you are getting enough rest and staying relaxed. It's still very early for you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Some day, you and I can talk about what happened with the bookcase in my office, but not now. Not now."

[Fr.Wagner] "Are you able to sleep? Are you getting enough at night?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked down at the floor. Well, the fact he'd brushed off her niggling question sure as hell wouldn't help her sleep.

[Elizabeth] "I probably should get more. But I can't sleep when my head hurts...I feel a bit sick too. I don't...Annie's hardly going to give me sleeping pills..." Lizzie sighed

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, just try Lizzie. Lay down in the dark, shut your eyes, don't think about sleeping. It may not be the best I know..." Kurt admitted.

[Fr.Wagner] "And if you can't sleep. You can always call me." Kurt could help smiling. "You have the number now."

[Fr.Wagner] "I made a promise to you Lizzie, and I always keep my promises." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] "So...I can talk to you at any time? And not Xavier? You won't make me talk to Xavier will you? He wasn't...I don't like talking to him." Lizzie admitted, looking around carefully and pulling her mental sheilds up.

[Elizabeth] "And I'll try and sleep. Honest."

[Fr.Wagner] "No," Kurt said, shaking his head, "I'll never force you to do anything you don't wan to."

[Fr.Wagner] "The couch in my office is pretty comfortable though I can't imagine it will be as good as your own bed." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] "Oh...I'm sorry. It must be really late over there," Lizzie blushed. "So...Thank you, Sir, for listening."

[Fr.Wagner] "It's quite alright. I told you we coudl talk whenever you wanted. Now get some rest Lizzie, even if it's just a nap. Can you try to do that for me?"

[Elizabeth] "Yes Sir," Lizzie said, yawning slightly. "I'll see you when term starts, right?"

[Fr.Wagner] "Alright," Kurt said warmly. He slid the thin stole from his shoulders and carefully folded it.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm glad you called Lizzie. We'll keep working on this when I come back, alright?"

[Elizabeth] "Please, I'd like that..." Lizzie said hopefully. Wow....an adult was actually listening to her. That was new.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm going to say good night now." Fr. Wagner said, "Will you be alright?"

[Elizabeth] "I will now. If not I can go wake Warren up, I suppose. He doesn't seem to mind me being a twerp. Goodnight, Sir."

[Fr.Wagner] "Good night Lizzie. Keep that number until I get back okay?"

[Elizabeth] "I will," Lizzie nodded - dumbass she was on the PHONE. "I'll save it on my mobile phone."

[Elizabeth] "Goodnight."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie set the phone down in the cradle and stood up. Not...quite what she had had in mind when she called him, but it was a start.

{edited to fix massive errors --SK}

[Edited on 7/8/06 by Saint Kurt]

[Edited on 7/8/2006 by HoodedMan]
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Woo! Thanks Hooded Man!

-e
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Instance: Waylaid at the Bedpost

Post by Saint Kurt »

Outside the Door to Wagner's Rooms

Fr.Kurt enters this room

Lizzie enters this room

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt trudged to the door of his room, let his luggage drop around his feet, and fished in his pocket for his keys.

[Fr.Kurt] "Home, sweet home…" Or, whatever this place was.

[Lizzie] Lizzie turned the corner on the landing, wrapping her cloak around her shoulders. It had been just a little too cold for her to be out in her current state, even with the cloak so she had slipped in the back way to head for her room, going a way she rarely used.

[Lizzie] Hearing jingling, Lizzie looked up to see Wagner in the corridor ahead and jumped a little. "Mister Wagner! You're back!" Lizzie couldn't help but smile as she hurried over to him.

[Lizzie] "I - you're back early! You had a good Christmas? Nothing is wrong is it?" Lizzie asked, feeling slightly concerned. She hoped he hadn't returned early because of her phone call...

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt jumped. He hadn't expected to see anyone in his hallway, especially not a student. Particularly not Lizzie Braddock.

[Fr.Kurt] He was momentarily struck dumb as he thought about what to do next.
[Fr.Kurt] He stood there, silent, his bags still piled around his feet, waiting...

[Lizzie] "Oh heck, I don't have to start taking classes early do I?" Lizzie gasped as the horrible thought entered her mind....

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt knitted his brow. "Um, no..." He was surprised that he was a little bit nervous.

[Fr.Kurt] He thought about his plane ride with Scott. He'd been pretty harsh, but then again Scott hadn't called him in the middle of the night on his own phone.

[Fr.Kurt] ... Or attacked him in his own office.

[Fr.Kurt] "I had other reasons to come back early. How have you been... since... since you called?"

Summerspy enters this room

[Lizzie] Lizzie shrugged her shoulders so the soft fur of her hood was ticking her cheeks and took a slight step backwards. "Okay...Well, a little bit down. I miss home."

[Lizzie] "How...are you?" Lizzie bit her lip. He looked better, but that was just on the outside...she inwardly cringed as she remembered that night in the office again.

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt smiled when she mentioned missing home. "I miss home too," he said, glancing at his door, "I mean... already."

[Fr.Kurt] "I'm okay, Lizzie. I'm fine. Things break, but they can be repaired." He reached out touched the fur of her hooded cloak. "This is nice. Was it a Christmas present?"

[Lizzie] Lizzie nodded. "Warren gave it to me."

[Lizzie] "Um, may I ask...do you count here as home, or Rome? Italy is a very nice place. I've been there with my family." Lizzie looked a little wistful as she remembered the good days of her childhood before her manifestation, and even the days after, before her life and begun to slide.

[Fr.Kurt] "Rome," Kurt said. "But I think that's only because it's the first place where I felt like I was myself."

[Fr.Kurt] "I'm glad you had Warren here. You know, when I was your age... I didn't ... adjust well to living outside the circus. What you're going through now, I did."

[Fr.Kurt] "I know it's hard, but it's easier when you're not alone."

[Lizzie] "I've...never really been in a place where I'm able to be myself. At boarding school you had to be one of many perfect little girls walking in a crocodile, you had to conform to what everyone else was. Even here...we have to be what you're trying to make us." Lizzie sighed softly and put her head to one side.

[Lizzie] "Warren has been really kind to me but...He knows what I've done. Apart from my overdose...I couldn't tell him that. I just don't want to rely on him too much. It isn't fair on him."

Summerspy exits from this room

[Fr.Kurt] For a moment Kurt was confused.

[Fr.Kurt] She had a friend who she felt comfortable telling she attacked a teacher (who was also a priest, which may or may not have mattered depending on her religious upbringing) but she couldn't tell him about overdosing on drugs she used routinely?

[Fr.Kurt] Then again, when did anything he ever did make sense.

[Fr.Kurt] And of course, she had told someone about it. She had told him.

[Fr.Kurt] "We're not trying to make you into anything here. At least, I'm not. I'm just trying to help you find the good person you are inside. To find yourself. Here."

[Lizzie] "I'm not a very good person though," Lizzie gave quite a sly smile.

[Lizzie] "I didn't tell Warren about my 'accident' with my medication, well, mainly as I...It was an accident. Pure and simple. I was only trying to mkae my headache go away for a little while."

[Fr.Kurt] "Not a very good person? How do you know if you've never really been able to be yourself?" Kurt said with a mischievous smile.

[Fr.Kurt] "We make all kinds of excuses for our actions, Lizzie. All of us do. Maybe it was an accident, maybe it wasn't."

[Fr.Kurt] "There were things I did that... I can't ever forgive myself for. I still don't know if I meant to do them or not. But I can still try to be a good person."

[Lizzie] "Are we still talking about my 'overdose'?" Lizzie asked, a little stiffly.

[Fr.Kurt] "We could be talking about anything Lizzie. We all make mistakes." Kurt said. He could see her demeanor changing and backed off.

[Fr.Kurt] He was too tired to risk... well, whatever it was he might be risking. She wasn't like he remembered her, but it didn't mean it didn't pay to be cautious.

Summerspy exits from this room

[Lizzie] "I know," Lizzie turned her head away slightly. "I've made a few. But it really depends what you count as a mistake, and if that mistake is your own fault..."

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt rubbed his eyes with one hand.

[Fr.Kurt] "Yeah, that's true..." He started to say, but realized he wasn't totally sure what she was talking about.

[Fr.Kurt] It was getting to the point where he couldn't think in English anymore and he was pretty sure whatever she had said hadn't survived the translation process.

[Fr.Kurt] "Sometimes, what's most important is the effort we put in." Kurt said, "and the meaning behind it. You'll know when you're doing the right thing and when you're not."

[Lizzie] Lizzie chewed on her lip and took a slight step backward. She got what he was saying....just. He seemed very tired.

[Lizzie] "Can I still come and talk to you any time?"
[Lizzie] Lizzie decided a swift subject change then retreat was called for...he seemed very groggy now and she really wanted to put her cloak away. Still, it was nice to see him back...

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt wiped his eyes again. God he was tired. He was going to go in there and sleep. He didn't care what he found going on.

[Fr.Kurt] "I'm sorry," he said, "I don't sleep on planes and it's been a long trip."

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt straightened up, trying not to look as exhausted as he felt. "And of course you can Lizzie. Any time. You have the honor of being the only student who can find my classroom, my office and..."

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt slid his key into the lock, "Where I live."

[Fr.Kurt] He smiled. "Just give me about a 5 hour nap though, okay?"

[Lizzie] "I shall take the secret to my grave," Lizzie said slyly. "And I can take a hint. Sleep well, sir." Lizzie noded to him and took a few steps backwards.

[Lizzie] She watched him walk tiredly through the door to his room and close it, then heard it lock tight.

[Lizzie] After staring at the shut door, Lizzie turned slowly and carried on to her own room hoping that she never broke into that room by accident.

[Lizzie] They'd expel her for sure.

[Lizzie] ((wrapped))

[Fr.Kurt] ((And they lived happily forever after. Or took a nap. Which ever came first.))

Stepping into the room with the door shut behind him, he looked around, waiting for some catastrophe to befall him. Nothing. Everything was where he had left it and he was alone. Kurt sighed; probably not enough of the students knew were his rooms were yet. They were only targeting his office for now.

Kurt's rooms were a lot plainer than his office was, a small sitting room and a bedroom. He leaned his suitcases up against the couch and set his briefcase on the table. He sat down on the couch rubbing his eyes for a moment. It had been a long trip, but it was over, for now at least.

He stood up again and wandered to the door of his bedroom. And there it was. His bed. Nothing had ever looked better. Without bothering to change or move the covers aside, Kurt collapsed onto it and was instantly asleep.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Instance: A very special Wagner Christmas

Post by Saint Kurt »

RecRoom

[Shiro] Shiro walked in to the Recroom shaking from the cold air

Angel_II enters this room

[Shiro] "chikushou sorenari hiyaritoshita" he cursed looking out of the window

[Shiro] (damn it is cold out there)

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was in the corner, out of her room for once as she was getting sick of the sight of it. She just hoped that there wouldn't be too many people around...She was not in much of a 'people' mood.

Summers enters this room

[Shiro] he sitted on to the couch and started to play his playstation portable ((:/))

[Summers] Scott walked in, looking for people to tell his plan to. Ah - there was Lizzie in the corner. She didn't look very approachable...but.

[Summers] "Hi, Lizzie." He said with a smile.

[Angel_II] Angel sat in the chair, flipping though a magazine idly. Bored again. She fiddled with her dragonfly earrings. She was still nervous wearing something that nice just around the school.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. Scott was....talking? Lizzie looked up at him, mumbled a hello and looked away.

[Shiro] Suddenly Shiro threw his psp to the floor allmost yelling "fuck you", then he took it and put it in to his pocket

[Shiro] not the best moment to play

[Elizabeth] She wished she had her cloak with her as it was slightly cold in her little corner, but she didn't want to damage it by dragging it all over the school like a security blanket.

[Summers] "And Angel." He added belatedly seeing her.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped slightly at Shrio's outburst and drew her knees to her chest.

[Summers] He glanced at Shirop and inwardly sighed at the wall of silence that was Lizzie.

[TheFallen] "Hey, Scott..." Warren said uneasily as he walked over and nudged Lizzie.

[Angel_II] "Hey, you," she grinned at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen bent down out of Scott's hearing. "Be nice," he ordered, smirking then walking away.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped a little at the nudge and smiled slightly up at Warren.

[Elizabeth] "Or else what?"

Japheth enters this room

[Summers] "I have an idea." He walked over to Angel. "Fr. Wagner needs a little Christmas party. He doesn't have any family to celebrate it with, and I thought it would be nice if we threw him a Christmas party."

[Japheth] "Geez Scott, you already using my bed as a storage area?"

[Summers] ((redundancy thou name is me))

[Summers] Scott turned at Japh

[Summers] 's voice. Hey! I didn't , uh, think you were coming back early, I"ll move it asap."

[Angel_II] She sat up, setting down the magazine. "Hey, good idea. He's cool."

[Japheth] "What's this about a Christmas party?"

[Summers] "For Fr. Wagner. He doesn't have a family to spend it with, so he didn't celebrate it. So, I';m going to throw him a little party." He told japh.

[Angel_II] “Hey, Japh! Welcome back, man.” She smiled at him.

[Japheth] Japh smiled back at Angel, "Hey, wondered when you'd notice me."

[Summers] "We just need a few more decorations and maybe a fire in the fire place, then we can get some food out. I have a present for him." He patted the sweater pocket that held the tennis ball.

[Summers] “What do you guys think?”

[Elizabeth] A party? For the man who she had thrown ito a bookcase, whose office she had broken into twice - onnce to end up throwing him into said bookcase and the other time to make a long distance phone call?

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded silently in the corner. It sounded like a really good idea to him.

[TheFallen] A grin dawned. And he had just the idea for a present... how to get it, though, before the party started?

[Elizabeth] And who she had harrassed as soon as he had returned to school.....As glad as she was to see him, Lizzie was not buying it too well and looked nervously at Warren, hoping he'd suss things by the look on her face.

[Japheth] "I think it's an nice idea."

[TheFallen] Summers> "Do I have time to drive out real quick and get something?"
[Summers] "Ok - I'll go get some leftovers from the kitchen, can someone get the fire going?"

[Summers] "Uh, ok..." Crap what was his name? "Warren."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grinned evilly at the word fire. "Why, I think I could start a fire at that. Where would you prefer?"

[Japheth] Japh turned to look at Warren after Scott's question.

[Elizabeth] "Try the fireplace..."

[Elizabeth] "Not the tree. You can't burn the tree."

[Summers] Scott nodded, remembering Halloween. "Ok, I'll be right back." He left.

[Summers] ((Who's going to go get Fr. Wagner?))

[TheFallen] "Of course I can," he smirked at her, then walked over to the fireplace, breathed in deeply, then lit it with a huff.

[TheFallen] "And now I'll be right back," he tipped an imaginary hat and walked out to start his car.

[Elizabeth] "No, it's against the rules. Probably."

[Angel_II] ((I dunno....I'm...getting decorations maybe. Got an issue. BRB))

[Summers] ((k))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up. God...present? She didn't know. "Umm...I'll...I don't know," Lizzie shrugged. She had no way of going to get a present as Warren had gone already. She couldn't cook, do decorations....

[Summers] Scott returned a few minutes later, loaded down with tupperware full of a feast that Professor Xavier must have had the part-time cook make.

[Angel_II] “I think I saw some more decorations in the closet, yo. I’ll be right back.” She hopped up and left to hunt them down.

[Elizabeth] "One question....how are we going to get Wagner in here?" Lizzie asked with a shrug.

[Summers] He smiled to himself as he set up the food on the coffee table. "Plates and silverware." Scott paused in leaving. "Isn't he in this office?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walked back into the room and sat down on the couch, grinning widely.

[Elizabeth] "Why would he be? Hasn't he had an international flight recently? He'll probably be in his own room, jet lagged."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie noticed Warren come back in, looking very smug.

[Summers] "Well, then, why don;t you go get him, and I'll finish the details?"

[Elizabeth] "Oh, okay..." Lizzie shrugged and stuffed her hands in her pockets and wandered out of the room.

[Summers] Scott left to get the china and flatware.

[Angel_II] Angel came back in with a small box of tasteless decorations and starting setting them up.

[Angel_II] ((I'm sorta back. Kinda))

[Summers] Scott returned and set the dishes and silverware in a pile next to the food.

[Japheth] Japh looked at Scott with the dishes. "so... uhmmm" Japh started to feel like a fifth wheel. "Anything for me to do? I feel a little useless at the moment."

[Summers] "Oh, awesome, Angel." Scott said as he pulled out some garish wrapping paper and a bit of loose string.

[Summers] "Well, um...I forgot napkins, if you want to go get those."

[TheFallen] "Come to think of it, I should probably gift wrap that present. Don't want to give it to him in a Home Depot bag." Warren smirked and headed back upstairs.

[Japheth] Japh left for the napkins.

[Summers] Scott looked at his wrapped ball. It looked messy. Oh well. It's the thought that counts. Round objects are harder to wrap that rectangular ones.

[Japheth] Japh came back with thee kinds of napkins, "Okay, we have the ordinary cheap white ones, the frilly froo froo red ones and the stylish green ones. Which one then, and choose carefully, your life may depend on it."

[Angel_II] Angel finished setting up the little knickknacks and looked around. Well, she had jack to give him, but, she helped at least.

[Summers] "Put them all down. You never know."

[Summers] "I got some left over eggnog, some soda and juice."

[Japheth] "Okay, but I have this strange feeling the green ones would be the best. I don't know why." Japh placed them on the table.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen headed back down the stairs. "So how's it going?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie walked into the room, talking in a very loud voice over her shoulder.

[Elizabeth] "Honest sir I saw a huge RAT! With FANGS! This place should be condemmed!"

[TheFallen] "Aw, shi—" Warren dove into the room and hid behind the couch.

[Elizabeth] "And if it isn't gotten rid of right now I shall not be held responsible for my actions."

[Summers] ((rats?! lol))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie, are you sure it wasn't the cat?"

[Elizabeth] "Unless it's eaten the fur of it's tail, NO!" Lizzie squeaked, stamping her foot.

[Angel_II] Angel snickered at Lizzie's loud pronouncement, stepping out of immediate view of the door.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen snickered silently behind the couch. Lizzie put on a good performance.

[Fr.Wagner] "What I mean to say is... I really don't think there are rats with fangs here, but I have the net and the traps like you asked."

[Elizabeth] "It's disgusting! I shouldn't have to stand for it!" Lizzie took on a dramatic stance and folded her arms, sniffing the air.

[Elizabeth] "Rats have sharp teeth, don't they?" Lizzie looked at him very innocently. Oooh, she was evil to make him lug that big net down into the rec room....

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner stepped into the room.

[Fr.Wagner] ((He's not dressed in clerics. Just jeans and a t-shirt.))

[Summers] "Merry Christmas Fr. Wagner!" Scott said.

[Summers] ((hehe. guttermind for that too...))

[Angel_II] "Merry Christmas," Angel chimed in. "Little late..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stood up from behind the couch and nodded to Wagner. At least Scott hadn't insisted they all childishly yell "Surprise!" or something like that.

[Japheth] "Merry Christmas" Japh joined in.

[Elizabeth] "What they said," Lizzie said all innocence as she looked up at Wagner.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner jumped back in surprise, nearly netting Lizzie. For a moment he was speechless. Then he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Oh, I feel ridiculous."

[Elizabeth] ((Lizzie is wearing what I wore to work today as I said so http://www.tshirtsville.com/acatalog/ba ... shirt.html))

[Fr.Wagner] "How... When... did you do this?"

[TheFallen] ((LOL))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squealed and tripped as the net came crashing towards her head and landed on the rug.

[Japheth] Japh reached out to help Lizzie up.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm sorry," Kurt said quickly and leaned it against the wall.

[Elizabeth] "You feel ridiculous?" Lizzie blinked, allowing Japh to help her up.

[TheFallen] ((so we have drinks but no food?))
[Elizabeth] ((liquid lunch))

[Fr.Wagner] ((It's a typical party at Xaviers))

[Summers] "Just now, I guess. We have food too." Scott gestured to the laden coffee table. "Sit down and enjoy?"

[TheFallen] ((rofl, except nothing's alcoholic))

[Japheth] "I'm surprised that was the least you did for her terrible acting."

[Fr.Wagner] He walked into the room in astonishment.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie scowled at Japh and slunk over to the coffee table, picked up a few morsels and went to sit a polite distance from everyone.

[Elizabeth] "I'd like to see you do better next time."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow across the room at her. Nope, not in a good mood.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is incredible. I was alone in the presbytery over Christmas."

[Fr.Wagner] "How did you know?"

[Japheth] "Don't worry Lizzie, I don't even have acting abilities, I have to envy yours." Japh whispered to Lizzie.

[Summers] "Lucky guess?" Scott smiled.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it's amazing. We had a Christmas tree and decorations at our presbytery , but nothing like this."

[Angel_II] On impulse Angel gave Father Wagner a quick hug. "Merry late Christmas, then," she said. She liked him....and he had been a large part of her decision to trust the school. She stepped back, embarrased at her little display.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Merry Christmas to you Angel."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt a little awkward...She did like Wagner, in her own very odd way....But she felt like she was very out of place.

[Summers] "Well, uh sit down, relax." Scott said, gesturing to the couch and display of food.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked over at a table where food and drink had been set out. It was so nice of them. It made him think of his last conversation with Xavier, how the only way to gain their trust was to be with the students and to be honest.

[Angel_II] She nodded and gave him a little smile, slinking back to her chair.

[Fr.Wagner] Had he done that then?

[TheFallen] ((Haha, too bad he doesn't know Warren spiked the eggnog again.))
[Angel_II] ((LMAO))

[TheFallen] ((No, he didn't. But rofl.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat down on the couch and gestured for the other students to join him.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know all of you weren't here over the break, you'll have to tell me what you did with your free time."

[Japheth] "I think I'll stand, I was sitting for 15 hours straight before now."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie wriggled a little on the armchair she was sat on and brushed a few crumbs off her lap. She froze up the moment she heard Wagner asking everyone to tell him what they had done....

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sits down hesitantly on the other side of the couch.

[Summers] Scott moved the tennis ball aside, and sat down on the loor, back to the warm fire.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "Oh, you had to do the thing that I did a few days ago. I really hate flying."

[Elizabeth] Oh. Yes. Because most of her time had been taken up by going cold fucking turkey. She did so so want to share that....She looked at the floor and pretened she wasn't even there.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried some of the food that had been set out. It was pretty good. He had a feeling that the students hadn't made it, but that wasn't what mattered.

[Japheth] "Well at least I got a window seat this time. That helped a lot."

[TheFallen] "Almost burned down the kitchen," Warren said with a dark grin.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie perked up a little on Warren's words. That had been funny....

[Japheth] "Yes, thankfully I save all the napkins"

[Fr.Wagner] "I always try to get the seat where there's nobody next to me," Kurt said with a grin.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at Warren quizically. "Were you cooking in the kitchen? Or doing something else?"

[TheFallen] "Cooking. Not very well. I think I put too much brandy in the brandy pudding," he said with a grin.

[Angel_II] Angel sat quietly and watched the others. She hadn't done jack, except kill time.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie hid an evil grin with her hand. "We just can't cook very well..."

[TheFallen] "It kind of..." he mimiced an explosion with his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "They do put the word brandy first don't they."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squeezed her eyes shut, her shoulders shaking violently as she remembered the pudding exploding and covering the entire room. Thankfully she'd thrown up a telekenitic sheild just in time...sort of.

[Summers] Scott softed uncomfortably, thinking how he had spent his holiday. He kept his mouth closed.

[Elizabeth] At least the pudding had escaped their heads....

[Summers] (shifted*))

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you know," Kurt said, "I very nearly told Xavier I would not be returning for another term."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised his head in surprise.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's laughter faded slightly as Kurt changed the conversation. She swallowed nervously and her eyes flickered to Kurt, then to Warren, then back to Kurt, then to the floor.

[Angel_II] She looked at Wagner at that. Really?

[Summers] "Really? Why not?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I missed home so much, and I didn't know if what I was doing was helping. If I was making a difference in your lives or if I was just the guy with the punishments."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowned slightly. He felt kind of bad about that; he gave Wagner a lot of crap but he was a pretty good guy.

[Fr.Wagner] "Xavier asked me to return and after a lot of discussion, I agreed. But I wasn't sure why."

[Summers] "Well, I for one, am VERY glad you came back. You are helping, and definitely making a difference!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. He knew that feeling. In fact, the whole situation was rather reminiscent of his situation.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded without speaking, echoing Scott's sentiment.

[Elizabeth] And the fact I dropped a fucking bookcase on you probably didn't help, Lizzie thought bitterly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled at Scott. "Yes, thank you for this. It shows me that I may have had a affect - for the better."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. Other than Howlett, Wagner was the only adult here she trusted.

[Summers] Scott smiled back. "Wait, here." Scott sat forward and handed the present to Fr. Wagner.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "Present time?"

[Fr.Wagner] Curiously Fr. Wagner took the strangely wrapped misshapen ball. "What is it?" he asked.

[Summers] "Open it and see."

[Angel_II] Angel had already given him a hug, and that was all she had in term of presents. What the heck was that round thing she'd seen Scott fiddling with?

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner carefully undid the wrapping and looked at the gift as it sat in a paper nest in his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] It was a tennisball. He turned it over in his hands and saw a signature scrawled across it's green fuzzy surface. He couldn't read it.

[Fr.Wagner] "Who?" he asked Scott.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie fiddled with the hem of her cutoff skirt...She felt so damn uncomfortable, especially now the presents were coming out.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. A tennis ball?

[Elizabeth] Okay, on seeing the tennis ball she didnt feel so bad.

[Summers] "Pete Sampras. World number one tennis player."

[Angel_II] A tennis ball? Angel squinted at it, remembering her disastrous present to Scott.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised both eyebrows. Well that was pretty awesome. Was Wagner a tennis fan?

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was taken aback. "Shouldn't this be very valuable?" he asked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat back. Fairly impressive...if you liked tennis.

[Summers] "Yeah, but I haven't taken very good care of it, so I thought you might like to have it."

[Fr.Wagner] "Though, the true value in any gift is when it reminds one of the give whenever they see it."

[Angel_II] Wow, pretty cool. She toyed with her earrings again unconsciously. He had to have given Wagner something from his personal collection.

[Fr.Wagner] "These are my favorite kinds of gifts both to give and receive."

[Summers] Scott looked away and noticed angel playing with her earrings. The dragonfl;y ones. He smiled happily.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you Scott. I will find a special place for it so that even when I'm not here or you are long graduated I will still think of Scott Summers and of this wonderful surprise."

[Japheth] Japh grabbed a glass, "Well, this cause for a toast. To Father Wagner, who wanted to go, but thankfully, decided to stay. Goodness knows where this would lead, we could only pray."

[Summers] Scott flushed. "Awesome." He managed.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen was kind of uncomfortable; he hoped he didn't get that kind of sentiment in response to his present. It was meant more as a joke.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grabbed a glass of soda.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed, and looked around for a glass to toast with.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up and grabbed a glass of juice, snifing cautiously to make sure it was juice and only juice.

[Angel_II] Angel picked up the tea she had been drinking earlier, smiling to herself at Scott's blush. How cute was that?

[Japheth] ((and nothing but the juice so help me god))

[Summers] Scott handed Fr. Wagner a glass of soda.

[Summers] ((LMAO))

[Summers] And took one for himself.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thanks," Kurt said with a smile and he took the glass from Scott.

[Fr.Wagner] He clinked his glass loudly with Japh's.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen clinked his glass with the others.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked at the tennis ball from Scott again. He hadn't expected presents at all.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen coughed. "I should go get mine," he said, and walked out of the room.

[TheFallen] ((brb, that means))

[Summers] Scott raised his glass and smiled. "To Fr. Wagner!"

[Angel_II] Angel raised her teacup and joined in. ((brb too))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie muttered something that might be a vague repeat of what Japh had said and clinked her glass with the others before going to standnext to the window, gazing thoughtfully out.

[TheFallen] ((wow, that was an early exit. I thought I had finished the toast.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled sheepishly from his spot on the couch. All this attention was making him blush. He wasn't used to so much attention anymore.

[Japheth] After the clinking Japh just put the glass down again. No need of it anyway.

[Elizabeth] She didn't want to just walk out as that would be seen as very bad manners, but she still felt very out of place.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen came down from the stairs with a box in his hands and set it in front of Kurt.

[Angel_II] ((He turns his text color when he blushes! ))

[TheFallen] He sat on a chair on the other side of the room, watching with a mischevious expression.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner stood up. "I know that you may fear this school is about hidden agendas and uniforms, but the fact that you did this - that no one asked you do."

[Fr.Wagner] "This right here, is what we're really trying to teach you. To be a community together."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie turned her head quickly and was about to blurt out a reply to that, but held her tongue. She had to place to go shout her mouth off right now.

[Fr.Wagner] "And you must never forget that to be part of a community involves making a choice."

[Japheth] Japh listened to Father Wagner's speech while watching Warren's present with keen interest.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner looked down at the box Warren had set in front of him.

[Fr.Wagner] He wasn't even sure it was supposed to be for him.

[Summers] Scott looked at the box and raised and eyebrow.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked at everyone's reaction. Geez, it was like you couldn't give a gift to someone anymore...

[Elizabeth] Instead, Lizzie turned her attention to the present Warren had put infront of Wanger...

[Japheth] "For heaven's sake, open the present.

[TheFallen] ((Geez, drumroll please. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Haha Wanger...)

[Elizabeth] If her cloak was anythig to go by, that guy knew how to give presents....She sidled over to him and gave him a nudge.

[Elizabeth] ((leave me alone its 1am))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looked down at her and grinned. "What?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I take it this is for me," Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] ((I can't spell at 1pm even!))

[Angel_II] Angel sipped at her tea. What had the bat dude...Warren, she reminded herself...gotten him. She leaned forward for a better look.

[TheFallen] Fr.Wagner> "Why, yes. It's your party." He grinned brightly.

[Elizabeth] "You're in a very...gift giving mood for someone who dosen't like presents," Lizzie grinned back up at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked without responding and looked ahead.

[Fr.Wagner] Like with the tennis ball Kurt carefully unwrapped the package. Inside it was ... confusing.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked up at Warren for explanation.

[Elizabeth] "Oh. Like that is it?" Lizzie looked at Warren's expression and grinned a little bit more. That look meant trouble.

[TheFallen] "It's a lock," Warren said with a grin. "For your office."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie burst out laughing and wondered how long it would take her to tekenetically rip that one apart.

[TheFallen] "I just figured," he waved his arm as if in explanation, "since your last one seems to have disintegrated anyway, you would want another one a bit more secure."

[Angel_II] A lock? Angel exchanged confused glances around the room.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at it for a moment. "will it make it more or less convienent to get in?" Kurt asked with a sly grin.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar, so no more winged intruders with bumpkeys..." He smirked.

[Summers] Scott was confused. Apparantly it was an inside joke. He smiled.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. Kurt was marvelously astute; he wondered if he should have mentioned he impressioned it. "Why, Professor. I'm hurt."

[Japheth] Apparently this was some kind of joke, Japh missed quite a lot since he was gone.

[Elizabeth] "Which last one?" Lizzie whispered to Warren, barely audible.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar. Makes almost all lockpicking obsolete. Or just very, very hard."

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner shot a knowing glance at Warren and shrugged.

[Elizabeth] "Because uh....I'll tell you later," Lizzie winked, not wnating anyone to overhear.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it sounds perfect," Kurt said at last.

[Summers] Scott perked up - a lock that was nigh- impossible to pick? I think I'll ask him about that later.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie couldn't help but start giggling again. Oh god it was so so tempting to try and break it later on.

[Fr.Wagner] "I really didn't expect gifts." he said.

[Fr.Wagner] "Just having you all here is enough."

[Fr.Wagner] "I didn't expect any of this. I... I'm glad I came back, really."

[TheFallen] ((FYI: Bump keys are a method of bypassing a lock. Warren used one in an earlier instance to make a dramatic entrance to the school.))

[TheFallen] ((In Wagner's office. So thus the "winged intruders with bump keys" comment.))

[Fr.Wagner] Still, Kurt couldn't help noticing that no one had been very keen on discussing their winter break activities.

[Summers] Scott moved around so he was sitting at Angel's feet. It was just too hot by the fire.

[Japheth] " Father, what did you mean by to be part of a community involves making a choice? A choice like play along or go away?"

[Fr.Wagner] kurt suddenly looked serious. "I didn't get any of you anything."

[Elizabeth] "I didn't get you anything," Lizzie shrugged, feeling a little guilty now.

[Elizabeth] But seriously, what could she have gotten him though, a book?

[Elizabeth] Some nice bookends?

[Angel_II] "Me neither," she said.

[Japheth] ((a new collar?))

[Elizabeth] A light weight bookcase from Ikea?

[Summers] "You came from Rome for me, that's a damn good present."

[TheFallen] "Your party. No presents necessary."

[Fr.Wagner] ((with a nice matching leash?))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie screwed her eyes shut and started to laugh silently at her last thought. Oh that was morbid....

[Fr.Wagner] "well, then if I am off the hook. I can answer Japh's question."

[Fr.Wagner] "Communities are made up be people choosing to to work together, often for a greater goal than they could achieve alone."

[Fr.Wagner] "Nobody forces them to 'be anything' . That is how all the best communities and teams work. They are equals in every way."

[Angel_II] Angel slid down in her seat a bit. She liked Wagner…but he did like his speeches. She studied the back of Scott’s head as she listened.

[Fr.Wagner] "But the equality must come from trust."

[TheFallen] ((Warren's lurking; I'm disconnecting the network cable for a bit.))

[Fr.Wagner] "If there is any point in me staying here at all - this is what we should be working towards. Don't you agree?"

[Summers] Scott leaned back. "Yes." Hopefully he was finished with his speech.
[Elizabeth] "Yes, sir," Lizzie said, shifting slightly. She rarther hoped he'd go back to something lighter now....

[Japheth] "Absolutely." Japh cursed himself for starting up Wagner's speech.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. "I know, I'm boring. There's actually a seminary class where they teach you to say dull things in twice as much time as is needed."

[Elizabeth] "That's....interesting?"

[Japheth] "So it's not a secondary mutant ability?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head. There really were some random classes out there.

[Angel_II] Angel snorted.

[Summers] Scott rolled his eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed "No, you'll find all priests have the ability. Some more than others. I'm right in the middle I've heard."

TheFallen enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] "Perhaps I'll offer a survey course next year. "Dangerously dull rhetoric: advanced technques".

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks.

[Elizabeth] If I survive that long, Lizzie thought with a grin.

[Summers] "Well, then it'll just be you and possibly Doug..." Scott said.

[Fr.Wagner] "You know, because then we could have long boring conversations with each other. At least you'd get credit for it."

[Angel_II] She had to laugh at that. As if she didn't have enough trouble staying awake in class.

[TheFallen] "Sounds like fun."

[Summers] Scott looked at Japh. He looked tired. "I'll uh, go clear my tennis gear off your bed." He stood up.

[TheFallen] ((Sorry about the double.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt got up and looked around the room some more. He recognised some of this stuff from when he lived here before. A few of it was even his.

[Japheth] "Yeah thanks, I still have to unpack my suitca... Crap I forgot to call my parents and tell them I'm still alive. It was fun, later." Japh said with a smile and waved as he walked out of the room.

[Elizabeth] "Heh...parental worry..."

[Summers] "I'll be back to help clean up." He he left the room.

[Fr.Wagner] He turned around again. "This was really great, thank you." He knew he'd said that probably a dozen times now, but... It... He just hadn't expected it.

Japheth exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie smiled sadly and ran a hand through her long hair. It was still rarther messy, but she wasn't so pale as she had been in the past few weeks

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you need any help Scott," Kurt asked.

[Elizabeth] She looked up at Warren. "Do you want to go ice skating again?"

[Elizabeth] "It doesn't have to be now....but it was quite fun."

[TheFallen] "No, I think I should go to bed. I'm tired," he said, suddenly rather short again. He seemed to have come out of his pondering mood.

[Angel_II] Angel stood up. "I'll start picking some of this stuff up..."

[Elizabeth] "I did mean tomorrow or some time," Lizzie said, her cheeks going red slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt watched Lizzie and Warren together. He had trouble reading Warren's intentions so he just hoped that Warren wouldn't pull her back down. That they wouldn't pull each other back down.

[Elizabeth] ((ice skating will be explained in a flog ))

[TheFallen] ((Well, it's been a good day. Mods, I fixed the colour bar problem.))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Three cheers!)

[TheFallen] ((Or seem to have.))

[Summers] ((Nacht still doesn't have pink))

[TheFallen] ((She hasn't refreshed.))

[Summers] Scott returned and began to put the lids back on the tuppweware containers.

[Angel_II] She busied herself gathering up various items.

[TheFallen] Elizabeth> "My pardon. I didn't mean to be so short. But I should go."

[Fr.Wagner] "Scott, this was your idea wasn't it?" Kurt said.

[Summers] "Hmm? Oh - yeah." Scott said, making a neat stack of containers.

[Elizabeth] "I know...I just wanted to ask that's all. Because I did have fun."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded at Elizabeth.

[Elizabeth] "Have a good sleep or whatever," Lizzie mumbled and looked away.

[TheFallen] He walked to the doorway. "Good night, all," he said over his shoulder and left, not expecting a response.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt closed his eyes, his head bowed in thanks. "It was such a wonderful idea Scott. And such an excellent way to reach out to the to the others. Good job Scott."

[Summers] "Hey, it was my pleasure, Fr. Wagner. You deserve thanks. I highly doubt Professor Xavier or anyone else would've hopped on a plane when my Aunt goes screaming and crying down a phone line." Feeling a bit emabarssed, he put a stack of dirty plates in Angel's hands.

[Summers] "Here you go, Angel. Dirty plates. Nice earrings, by the way."

[Angel_II] "Thanks." She grinned at him, even though the reference to his aunt made her stomach lurch a bit.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, thank you Scott. It's the best Christmas I've ever had."

[Fr.Wagner] He had his other eye on Lizzie and Warren. She looked very disappointed over something.

[TheFallen] ((Warren is now gone, but I'm still watching.))

[Elizabeth] "Do you need any help?" Lizzie asked, looking over to where Angel and Scott were clearing things up.

[Summers] "Yeah - just grab the soda bottles and take 'em to the kitchen." He said to Lizzie.

[TheFallen] ((God, I just realised he left without at least saying goodbye to Wagner or anything. That was rude; he didn't mean to do that. But he's in a bad mood.))

[TheFallen] ((Isn't it funny how you feel like an asshole for your character's actions sometimes? I just had to fight the urge to apologise to Em. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((LOL!))

[Angel_II] Angel had managed to get the decorations back in their box. "Need me to take anything to the kitchen, Scott?"

[Elizabeth] ((dude, how do you think I felt after the sodding bookcase thing?))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gathered any of the soda bottles Lizzie hadn't and carried them in.

[Angel_II] ((lol))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie picked up the bottles of soda....Why was it called soda, anyway?

[TheFallen] ((OK, I'm going to go. bbl, all; great instance!))

[Fr.Wagner] (( ))

[Angel_II] ((Later, Northstar!))

TheFallen exits from this room

[Elizabeth] ((bye!!))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie," Fr. Wagner said when they were in the kitchen. "I'd like to show you something."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. "Oh...okay?" What the hell?

[Summers] He took the stack of plastic containers and looked around to make sure he hadn't missed any.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner motioned of Lizzie to follow him. He lead her to his office.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie followed Wagner, a little unsure of why...
Elizabeth exits from this room

[Angel_II] She took the plates. "This was a really cool thing you did for him," she smiled again, more geniunely this time and left.

[Summers] Scott grinned to himself and followed into the kitchen.

Outside Wagner's Office

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt opened the door to his office, the unlocked door.

[Fr.Wagner] "Look inside," he said.

[Elizabeth] "I've seen inside your office...." Lizie said uncomfortably.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know. Have a look at it now." Kurt prompted.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie took a step into the office and glanced around....it was fine. Everything back to how it should be.

[Elizabeth] "So, you have a tidy office...is that all?" Lizzie asked, bristling slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Remember when we were talking about mistakes, and how things can be repaired."

[Fr.Wagner] "This is what it feels like."

[Elizabeth] "But these are just objects," Lizzie scoffed, gesturing to the neat office. "Emotions cannot be so easily repaired!"

[Elizabeth] "It takes time. And people who - who listen and care and understand....." Lizzie trailed off softly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Objects can be a beginning though. Right now, they are."

[Fr.Wagner] "And you have people who care and understand." Kurt put his hand on Lizzie's head and bent down almost like he would kiss her. Instead he brushed her hair from her eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is a new semester, you can start again. Just like this office."

[Elizabeth] "Honest?" Lizzie asked, her bottom lip trembling slighty. "After everything?"

[Elizabeth] Her arms moved up from her sides slightly as if she wanted to hug him but was too nervous to dare.

[Fr.Wagner] "It's okay Lizzie. And," Kurt grinned, "I'm only saying that because I mean it."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's eyes began to brim with tears slightly and she choked back a slight sob as she stepped forward and put her arms around him, clinging to him slightly as she had never hugged her own father or had even been allowed to.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was surprised to have Lizzie embrace him, tentatively at first and then so tightly it was like she was holding onto a life line.

[Fr.Wagner] And for what wasn't the first time, he couldn't think of anything to say. So knelt down and let her stay there as long as she wanted.

[Elizabeth] ((awwwwwwwwww))

[Elizabeth] ((and that's a sugar coated wrap))