8/20 Issue: Purely Platonic Puking

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

8/20 Issue: Purely Platonic Puking

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: A week or so after Bad Call

Rogue: Rogue was regretting telling Tony she would come to the asylum tonight since he couldn't be around to stay with her. Leaning over this toilet was so much more uncomfortable than theirs at home. "Ugh." She pulled some toilet paper off to wipe her mouth and blow her nose, then laid down on the cool tile floor. At least it had that going for it. The mansion had heated floors.

Bobby: Bobby pulled into the lot, eyes drawn to the red classic convertible the moment he noticed it. "Motherfucker," he muttered under his breath, stomach twisting with a swirl of emotions he didn't want to deal with. Maybe he should just leave again? He'd just seen Ripley and Zach - and Yoda - but maybe he could think of some errand he needed to run, far, far from here.

Rogue: Suddenly, she was sitting up again, leaning over the bowl, and waiting. All she wanted to do was sleep but she couldn't. Nothing was happening, so she rested her head slowly on her arm that was holding the toilet, and closed her eyes. Maybe there had been something to the not being able to get pregnant thing. Rogue groaned and mentally chastised herself. Hank said it shouldn't last long. Hopefully.

Bobby: He couldn't avoid her forever, even though he'd done a good job of it for the past week. Chewing his lip, he tapped his fingers on the wheel of the truck and then pulled into a space.

Rogue: Maybe she needed to eat something. Hank had also said that would hopefully help. Why, she had no idea. After a few slow breaths, she pushed herself to stand and turned to face the sink. First, she needed to brush her teeth or everything would taste vile. Maybe she should just go down to Hank and rest in the lab until she felt better.

Rogue: She shook her head and looked in the mirror. She could do this without Hank. Just like every other normal mom to be.

Bobby: He sat there staring at the building for a moment. Maybe she was here to see Hank? What if something was wrong? She probably wouldn't have driven herself if there was, but still... He swallowed, thinking of her scared and alone. Alone except for the president. The father. Bobby sighed and got out of the truck.

Rogue: Rogue had to fight with her gag reflex while she brushed her teeth, but she finally finished and leaned over to get some water from the faucet. She made a face at the smell of the water and had to turn quickly to make it back to the toilet in time.

Bobby: Bobby pocketed his keys and headed inside, glancing in the rec room and the kitchen before the thought occurred he should check Carol's office, just in case there was... what? He really didn't want to wade into that fight if one was happening, but the quiet of the building said Carol probably wasn't here.

Rogue: She closed her eyes and waited for a moment before flushing, again, wiping her mouth, again, and then laid back down, again. This was too much. She just wanted to go home. Rogue took a shaky breath and closed her eyes while the tears streamed slowly over her nose and onto the floor.

Bobby: Maybe he should check the medbay? Or, maybe he should go straight to his room, put in earbuds and pretend he didn't know she was here? Rolling his eyes at himself, he headed to the medbay and Hank's office.

Rogue: Rogue finally felt herself start to drift off when another small wave of nausea hit. Not enough to make her sit up, but enough to make her open her eyes. She sighed and whimpered a little. Maybe she could crawl to her bed without upsetting her stomach or the growing baby too much. In a minute, though, because she could finally close her eyes again.

Bobby: Hank knew Rogue was in the building, but she was in her room as far as he knew. Now, Bobby had a conundrum. Go talk to her? Or hide? Leaving again before she ever knew he was here was also on the table. Despite himself, he started up the stairs and found himself in front of her bedroom door.

Rogue: At this point, Rogue didn't have anything left in her anyway, but her body still made her sit up and dry heave. She couldn't understand how anyone could do this without drugs. Or being fully in a coma. Her stomach calmed again and she laid her forehead on her arm. She tried to think about where she put her phone. Maybe Hank could bring up some anti-nausea something or other and she wouldn't have to leave the safety of the porcelain bowl.

Bobby: He was debating knocking when he heard an unmistakable sound - barfing. It wasn't even the morning! Bobby made a face, then set his hand on the doorknob, knocking with his other hand and easing the door open a crack. "You okay?" He winced again at his own words. Obviously, she was not okay.

Rogue: Bobby? Of course he would be here. He lived here. She hadn't heard his voice in what felt like ages and now she felt tears fall for a completely different reason. "Fine," she managed. Rogue sniffed and tried to mind-over-matter the 'all-the-time' sickness so she could put on a brave face. He was probably only checking out of some sort of obligation he felt since she parked right out front.

Bobby: "Sure you are," he said, opening the door to stick his head in and lean to see the bathroom door. "You need me to get you anything? Or do you need Hank?"

Rogue: She needed him to not be mad at her anymore, but she just cleared her throat and sat up. The adrenaline was helping her forget about the nausea, so that was something, at least. "No, Ah'm okay. Thanks." There was nothing to flush this time, and she pushed to stand, pausing once she was upright to make sure she could leave the toilet, then turned to go back to the sink. "Ah'll be leavin' in a few hours."

Bobby: He glanced down the hall and stepped inside, leaving the door open a crack to beat a hasty retreat if necessary. "No rush, Anna, especially if you're not feeling well." He was talking to the partially open bathroom door.

Rogue: "Ah'm fine." Hearing him say her name broke her heart a little and she pressed her palms on the edge of the sink. "Tony didn't want me alone bein' this sick. When Ah feel better, Ah'll leave."

Bobby: "He shouldn't leave you alone at all if you're sick," he frowned, ignoring her fine since they both knew what that meant.

Rogue: "He didn't wanna. Ah made him go. This is an event that he needs t' go to. He agreed when Ah said Ah'd come here so Ah'd be with Hank if anythin' happened." After a moment, she licked her lips and finally turned to look at the door. "Bein' sick is normal," Her heart was racing, but she continued after a beat, "when y're pregnant."

Bobby: "Well, that's something. I know what it's like to hit your wall of stubborn." He paused when she did, then sighed. "I know it is."

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes and thought about splashing water on her face, but that hadn't gone so well before. She clenched her jaw and turned on the faucet to try brushing her teeth again, then paused. "Ah do need somethin' fr'm y'," she admitted begrudgingly.

Bobby: "Yeah?" He was immediately wary she was going to tell him to fuck off, although on one hand that'd be easier than this stilted awkwardness. The water was running now and he cocked his head and took a step closer to hear her.

Rogue: "Th' smell o' th' water makes me sick. Prob'ly just th' wet metal'r somethin', but... Could..." She did not want to ask for favors but she really needed this and she didn't want to take off her bracelet to do it herself. "Could y' make me an ice cube t' suck on?"

Bobby: Bobby very nearly swallowed his tongue at the images that flashed through his brain. "Sure," he said after a beat, hoping his voice didn't sound too strained. "Um..."

Rogue: Rogue turned off the sink and took a step towards the door. She reached out to open it further and hesitated. "If y' don't wanna see me, Ah c'n just stick mah hand out?"

Bobby: "No, i-it's not that," he said quickly, closing the door behind him and stepping into the room. "You can come out." Of course she could, it was her room. For fuck's sake, Drake.

Rogue: Of course, now that he said that, she suddenly wondered if she wanted to see him. But she needed that ice. If she didn't get hydrated, Hank would stick her with needles. Rogue winced and slowly opened the door and stepped into her room, clutching the frame with one hand. "Hi."

Bobby: "Hey." He tried and failed not to look her over, but she looked like a woman who'd been barfing five minutes ago. "You feeling any better?" Bobby gave her a faint smile.

Rogue: "As good as Ah can feel any road." Rogue bit her lip and stared at him, fighting the desire to climb in the bathtub to hide from him. She should be able to talk to him. He was her best friend. But then, things were different now. She twitched her nose and looked down at her feet.

Bobby: Well, this wasn't awkward at all... Bobby nodded and swallowed, looking away and around the room. He spotted a mug and gestured at it. "Want me to put the ice in there? Less messy than just doing it in your hand." He closed his eyes at his own phrasing. Good job making it more awkward.

Rogue: Rogue glanced up and shrugged. "It's just gonna go straight in mah mouth anyway." She winced and averted her eyes again. "Bobby... Ah..." Rogue had no idea how to even start, so she stopped before she went any further, trying to ignore the tingle in her nose that told her her eyes were about to tear up.

Bobby: Oh, now she was doing it too. His face screwed up for a moment before he schooled his features and went to grab the mug before he said something else stupid. Bobby looked up at his name. "Yeah?"

Rogue: She swallowed and took another step into the room, but got a little light-headed the second she relinquished her deathgrip on the doorframe. Rogue took a slow breath and took careful steps to the bed and sat down. "Thanks." That wasn't what she wanted to say, but it was all she could manage at the moment. This wasn't supposed to happen like this. This conversation was supposed to be when she felt normal and had the energy to fight, like they always did.

Bobby: "Sure thing, babe." He busied himself pulling the moisture from the air and filling the mug with ice cubes for her. Job finished, he swallowed and went to her, handing over the cup. Now that he was this close to her, he just wanted to hug her, but suspected she didn't want that.

Rogue: Rogue looked up at him and gave a weak smile as she reached for the mug. Her fingers brushed his at the same time their eyes met and hers started to well up. She broke eye contact and took the mug, staring down into it. "Ah'm sorry."

Bobby: Oh fuck. Tears. Tears! "Anna..." He shifted his weight from foot to foot and made a face. "You don't have anything to apologize for. I do, but if you don't wanna hear it right now then we can wait and talk when you feel better."

Rogue: "Ah didn't mean t' get pregnant." She put an ice cube in her mouth and let it melt a little while she tried to not break down. "Ah didn't. Ah'm so sorry."

Bobby: "It's nothing you need to apologize for." She was trying not to cry now and he knew he was in for it so he pulled out her desk chair and sat across from her, ducking his head to try to meet her eyes. "Nobody knew you could get pregnant, including you."

Rogue: "Ah didn't mean t' make y' so mad. Ah just..." Rogue's breath hitched and she swallowed the rest of the ice in her mouth. "Ah wanted mah best friend."

Bobby: "I shouldn'ta been so mad, Anna. I'm sorry I was." He eyed her warily, hoping she wasn't about to choke. "I went into jealous asshole mode instead of best friend mode. I'm sorry for that. Sorry for everything I said."

Rogue: "No. Y' had every right t' be mad." She put her hand on her abdomen and looked down at it. "She's kinda messed everything up. Ah don't know what else t' do."

Bobby: "No, I really really didn't. It's..." He swallowed, watching her rest her hand on her stomach. His hands itched to touch her, but he couldn't. "She, huh? Little soon to know that, isn't it?"

Rogue: "No, Ah, um. Ah just don't wanna say 'it'. Ah say 'she', Tony says 'he'." Her hand curled into a fist and she took it away from her stomach. The nerves in her hands hurt and she knew why. Her eyes teared up again and she tried to distract herself with more ice. It was kind of like touching him. In a way.

Bobby: "Paige used fruit names... like based on the size." His lips quirked. "Lorna just called Rip her parasite."

Rogue: "Ah feel like Lorna was ont' somethin'... Parasites make y' sick." She looked up at Bobby, "Do y' hate me?"

Bobby: "Yeah... it looks like you've got morning, noon and night sickness, huh?" He paused at that, surprised. "Of course not."

Rogue: "Ah've ruined y' life... An' messed up our plans. It'd make sense if y' did." Her stomach grumbled and she winced. "Yeah... She's not makin' things easy. But Hank says that's generally a good sign."

Bobby: "I ruined my own life," he said, not willing to touch on their plans right now. "Yeah... Paige was sick with Zach, but the one she lost... things seemed like they'd been going great."

Rogue: Rogue stared back down into the mug, trying not to cry again. "Jean said Ah shouldn't leave Tony. But everythin' in me hurts when y're not there. Havin' y' not talkin' t' me f'r th' past week was awful. An' Ah couldn't tell Tony why 'cause he wouldn't understand y' anger."

Bobby: "You taking advice from Jean now? I am outta the loop." He snorted, but it was weak. "I'm sorry, Anna. I needed time to cool off, yeah, but I am sorry."

Rogue: "Since Ah'm wearin' mah inhibitor still, mah thoughts were... loud. An' mah emotions're all over th' place." She picked out a half-melted ice cube and put it in her mouth. "Ah miss you."

Bobby: "You haven't taken it off at all?" His eyes moved to the inhibitor, then back to her face. Watching her turn the ice cube over in her mouth, he reached for her damp hand. "Me too."

Rogue: "No. Ah'm scared." Her eyes drifted to his hand and she hesitated for only a moment before reaching to meet him halfway. Rogue gave a gentle tug, wanting him to sit beside her. "Hank says it's prob'ly fine, but... Ah don't wanna risk it. Not yet."

Bobby: Bobby took the hint and moved from the chair to the bed, holding her hand. "So Hank didn't have any explanation how this happened? Since you thought it couldn't?"

Rogue: "Not really." She felt the pain in her chest ease a little as he sat beside her and she laid her head on his shoulder. "Just that th' placenta acts as a buffer, kinda. An' when we had th' initial tests done, th' baby didn't have true skin yet. But when she does grow skin, she'll have a kind o' peach fuzz over it until she's born. So, kinda like when people kiss mah head 'cause mah hair shields 'em."

Bobby: "That sounds like a Hank explanation to me," he said with a soft chuckle, sucking in a breath when she laid her head on him. Bobby swallowed and turned his head to do exactly that - kiss her through her hair. He breathed her in, unable to help himself, and felt his own guts twist.

Rogue: The kiss made her smile and she closed her eyes. "Y' know y' don't hafta do that. Ah've seen all th' awful things that've happened already, remember? An' even if Ah hadn't," she lifted their locked hands to expose her bracelet. "Ah've got mah off-switch."

Bobby: "I know. It just reminded me of the old days when I'd do it. Couldn't resist." He squeezed her hand. "Think you'll take the off-switch off before the baby's born?" It was the first time he'd actually really verbalized that a baby would come of this situation and it made him frown a little.

Rogue: Rogue shifted her head enough so she could look up towards his face, eyes tracing his jawline for a moment before she realized she shouldn't, and shifted her head back. "Ah'd like t' try it... But Ah'm scared t' do it without Hank. Just in case." She felt her tears again and got mad about it, but tried to ignore it. "Ah know y' didn't want any other'n y'r 'pre-baked' kids..."

Bobby: "You think that's the only reason you're pregnant? Because you've been wearing it a lot with... Stark?" He tried to keep the jealousy out of his voice, but caught the tone of hers at pre-baked kids. "That's... not what I meant at all, Anna."

Rogue: "Yeah, prob'ly. 'Cause Ah wear th' bracelet that doesn't make me deadly t' everyone but you so Ah c'n actually pretend like Ah deserve somethin' normal. Yeah." She put the mug between her legs and swiped angrily at her eyes. "Sure it is. Y' don't want any more kids. Ah got th' message."

Bobby: "Anna..." Now he had to keep the edge of exasperation out of his voice and ran his his free hand through his hair. "I never said I didn't want any more kids."

Rogue: "Y' practically balked at th' idea, Bobby," she murmured and sat up to put another ice cube in her mouth. "Ah've always wanted t' be a mom. Y're happy havin' y'r two an' don't need mah third."

Bobby: "I was surprised, a-and nobody thought you could even get pregnant!" He shot her a side glance, getting more frustrated.

Rogue: She choked on a sob and bit her lip. "Ah know! But if it coulda happened with anybody, it would've been you! Don't y' get that?!'

Bobby: He wanted to get up, to pace, but she still had a death grip on his hand. "Goddammit, that's what I'm saying! It should have been me!"

Rogue: Rogue startled and blinked through her tears to look at him. "Y' didn't... Why didn't y' just say that?"

Bobby: "I was too surprised, by all of it, to say anything I should have, but I said plenty of stuff I shouldn't've."

Rogue: "You an' Tony both," she murmured, looking down in the mug and watching her hot tears melt spots in the ice. "Everythin' hurts when y' not talkin' t' me, Bobby."

Bobby: "President Ego ran off at the mouth too?" He snorted and let go of her hand, only to slide his arm around her shoulders. Was it smart? No, but he wanted to hold her while she was still crying. Because of him. "I'm sorry, Anna."

Rogue: "No, he just said things that weren't well thought out." His arm around her caused her body to relax a little and she leaned against him again. "Ah'm sorry, too..."

Bobby: "Oh yeah?" He smiled to himself at the feel of her pressed against him. "I told ya, you don't have anything to apologize for."

Rogue: "Ah do, too. Ah hurt you. Ah hurt us both. Maybe Ah shouldn'ta said anythin' to ya. Or... at least not the day Ah found out." Rogue sniffed and pressed her cheek to his chest. "So Ah'm sorry. Ah'm sorry she's not yours..."

Bobby: "No, I get you were wigging too, I just didn't get it that day, but I do now." He bowed his head over hers and gave her another kiss. "Now that... we're lucky she's not mine right now, considering."

Rogue: Rogue sat up and looked at him with shocked, sad eyes. "Why would y' say that? Y' just said she should've been! Which is it?!"

Bobby: He gave her a confused look for a second, then it clicked. "Stark might be a little confused if she came out blonde and frosty, babe."

Rogue: "She could have mah hair!"

Bobby: "She could, and I'd hope she would, if she was ours, 'cause my hair sucks. It's not blonde or brown really. It's bleh."

Rogue: Rogue's lower lip started to tremble and then she pressed back against him, wrapping her arms tightly around his torso, and sobbing. "Ah'm a horrible person an' an even worse mom," she managed to get out between sobs.

Bobby: "What? Whoa, whoa, whoa! Babe! Anna?" He tried to calm her, gathering her into his arms and making shushing noises. "No you're not," he assured her.

Rogue: "She should be ours!" Rogue clung to him and buried her face in his shirt. "Ah did it all wrong. Ah messed everythin' up an' Ah'm gonna resent mah baby 'cause she's not y'rs!"

Bobby: "You won't resent her. You'll love her, 'cause she's yours. That's how it works, babe." He rubbed her back, closing his own eyes.

Rogue: "But she's not yours. She's not yours an' she's not Sam's... She's Hope's sister!" That thought made her sob all over again.

Bobby: "So? She's your daughter," he pointed out.

Rogue: Rogue sniffed and tried to stop crying, but the tears just wouldn't quit. She sat up and looked at Bobby again. "She should be ours... Shouldn't she?"

Bobby: "In a perfect world, yeah." He met her teary eyes and reached up to brush away some tears with his thumb, smoothing her hair back.

Rogue: "But," she sniffed and took a second to make sure she wasn't going to start sobbing again, "will y' love her even though she's Tony's an' y' hate him?"

Bobby: "I don't hate Tony," he corrected, shaking his head. "Am I jealous? Yeah, but I don't really hate the guy." He moved to catch her eyes again. "I'll love her 'cause she's yours." Would it hurt? Yeah. But what didn't hurt these days?

Rogue: "Y' don't?" That sent fresh tears spilling over and she gave him what she could manage of a smile. Rogue didn't want him to hate Tony. She loved both of them and wanted them to get along. "She'll love y' too. 'Cause... 'cause Ah love y'."

Bobby: Oh shit, more tears. He remembered this emotional rollercoaster. It was real fun. "I don't," he said, returning the smile. "I hate the situation, but that's for lotsa reasons." Bobby gave her a real smile. "I love you too."

Rogue: Rogue nodded and took another breath, then took his free hand and put it over her abdomen. "Maybe one day? Maybe?"

Bobby: Bobby swallowed hard. "Yes, absolutely," he said, voice shaking a little. He had no idea how, since now things were so much more complicated, but if it was possible, he wanted it.

Rogue: She gave him another watery smile and reached up to touch his cheek. "Until then... Y' okay with bein' a stepdad?"

Bobby: "Of course I am," he said with a sigh, leaning into her touch. "But it's gonna be even harder to leave him now. If you can't... I-I understand..."

Rogue: "It may push things a bit, Ah won't lie to y'. But like Ah said b'fore, it doesn't change mah wantin' t' be with you." Her thumb grazed over his lower lip, but she wouldn't let herself look at it, instead, she kept her eyes on his. "Come hell'r high water, Bobby Drake..."

Bobby: He wanted to believe her, so he let himself get lost in her green eyes, still bright from her tears. "Hell or high water, huh?"

Rogue: "Mmhmm." Rogue stood and took his hand to pull him to stand, too. "Ah'll never stop needin' you, Bugsy." She smiled softly and walked to the long edge of the bed. "Don't give up on me."

Bobby: "I've never given up on you before, Dollface." He let her urge him up and watched her, shifting his weight and setting her mug on the desk.

Rogue: She watched him for a second, then moved to lie down on the bed. She was still exhausted from her time in the bathroom and she finally felt like she was safe to be away from it for a while. "Whaddya think's gonna happen when Ah take off mah bracelet?"

Bobby: "I don't know, babe. Hank would be the one to ask there." He watched her in return and licked his lips. "If you wanna rest, I can leave you alone." He gestured at the closed door.

Rogue: "No. Ah mean, yes, but don't leave?" Rogue propped up on her elbow and searched his face. "Do y' really wanna leave me alone? Can y' just ... stay? Ah don't want y' t' leave yet, Bobby. Ah've missed y' so much an' y' finally not mad at me."

Bobby: He gave her a tentative smile and after a moment of hesitation sat back down on the end of the bed. "I can stay if ya want me to, yeah."

Rogue: Rogue rolled a bit so she could see him better and frowned, "Do y' not wanna stay? If y're wantin' t' go, that's okay, too..."

Bobby: "I don't want to go, Anna, I'm right here." He frowned at her a little, torn. "W-where do you want me?"

Rogue: "With me," she said softly. "Just... Here." Rogue gave him a tight smile, trying not to cry again at the thought of not being with him. "If y' don't wanna go, then where do y' wanna be?"

Bobby: "I am here." He wanted to hold her, but things tended to happen when they touched, and they couldn't. His jaw was tense despite himself when he crawled up the bed and laid down a few inches from her, facing her. "I-is this okay?"

Rogue: Rogue turned fully onto her side and smiled at him. "Yeah. This is okay." She hesitated for a second, then slowly reached for his hand. "Is this okay," she asked as her fingers brushed his. "Not touchin' you hurts, Bobby," she whispered. "It always has."

Bobby: He took her hand and gave her a soft smile. "Yeah, this is okay. More than okay." Bobby swallowed at her admission and he wanted to kiss her, but that was the stupidest idea and he berated himself for the impulse.

Rogue: She ran her thumb lightly over his fingers as she stared into his eyes. She wanted to tell him she loved him, but wasn't sure where that would lead, and she knew that she would follow the path it took even though she shouldn't. Rogue licked her lips and turned her thoughts to her baby instead. "Ah'm scared, Bobby," she murmured. "What if Ah cain't touch her? Babies need t' have that skin t' skin contact... It's imperative f'r their emotional connections."

Rogue: Which, of course, it was imperative for hers, too, and she shifted her eyes to their hands. "What if she doesn't bond with me 'cause o' it?"

Bobby: From the look on her face, her thoughts may have been along the same lines, and he licked his lips, then thought about her worries. "Maybe she'll be immune, or maybe you can wear your bracelet for a while... even if you just wear it a couple of hours a day or something?"

Rogue: "Bobby, Ah'm so tired o' wearin' mah bracelet. Ah miss th' pull. Th' rush." Rogue met his eyes again. "Ah'm so tired."

Bobby: "Well, maybe she'll be immune, since you're her mom?" He wasn't sure what to tell her, but he felt like he was drowning in her eyes.

Rogue: She shifted to be closer to him so she could feel his body heat and took a slow breath. "Ah hope so." Rogue wrinkled her nose, "But y're th' only person who's been immune so far. An' even then, y're not fully immune."

Bobby: Oh. Now she was closer. He could feel her. Bobby swallowed and had to clear his throat a little. "Well, I'm immune - I don't feel it. You do, though."

Rogue: "Ah feel it. Ah get y'r powers, y'r mem'ries... Y'r psyche." She closed her eyes and adjusted her head on the pillow. "Y' weren't immune when th' patch went on th' fritz. Who's t' say that won't happen with th' bracelet at some point?"

Bobby: "Maybe, but maybe not. Stark's tech might be better than Hank's was," He watched her face, feeling himself inch a little closer to her, pulling their hands up between them to rest on the bed.

Rogue: Rogue's free hand slid up to wrap around the other side of his hand. "Maybe." She opened her eyes and smiled at him, happy to have him closer. "Maybe we'll just continue t' test it out by never not touchin' f'r that long again?"

Bobby: He swallowed again and moved his head on the pillow, just a millimeter closer now. "That works for me." His voice was a little rough and he swallowed it down, returning the smile. "I miss you when we don't."

Rogue: "Y' do?" She felt the tears starting to well and she gave him a quick, watery smile. "Me, too. All th' time."

Bobby: "I mean, I don't get the whole touchy psychic power thingie, but yeah, of course I do." Oh shit, was she going to cry. "Don't cry, Anna-doll. I wasn't tryin' to make you cry."

Rogue: 'Anna-doll' sped the tears up a little more. "Ah'm sorry. Ah just missed y' so much an' Ah thought y' hated me an' never wanted t' see me again an' Ah couldn't talk t' anybody 'bout it... Ah just..." Rogue sniffed and tried to stifle the tears. "Ah didn't know y' missed me, too."

Bobby: Oh shit, more crying. "Shhh, babe, it's okay." Bobby resisted for another moment and then moved to gather her into his arms. "Don't cry because of me, Anna. I'm sorry I was an ass."

Rogue: "It's not your fault." She situated against him, pressing her face into his chest. "Ah'm glad y' missed me. Maybe that means next time we fight, we'll make up in th' same day."

Bobby: "I wanted to take back everything I said, as soon as I said it, but you know... my mouth runs faster than my brain but then it's said and shit's ruined so..." He held her close and kissed the top of her head.

Rogue: "Maybe next time, just call me back instead?" Rogue kissed his chest and wiped her eye with her knuckle. "Or... don't hang up in th' first place?" She hesitated for a moment then shifted so she could look up at him. "Nothin's ruined, Bobby. Not a thing."

Bobby: "Okay... I'll try to remember that when I'm busy kicking my own ass..." She was looking at him now and his breath caught at her teary green eyes. "Anna..."

Rogue: Rogue knew that look and she swallowed and forced herself to look down, putting her head back on his chest. "Ah'm sorry," she murmured. "Ah wish this were easier. One way'r another..."

Bobby: He almost breathed a sigh of relief, raising a hand to stroke her hair. "Yeah, I know, babe."

Rogue: "Tony wants t' get married," she said after a long silence. "An' he wants our baby..." Rogue tensed a little. "Ah need t' know how y' feel 'bout gettin' married again. But... Y' don't hafta tell me now. Ah just... Ah want to."

Bobby: Bobby looked down at the top of her head at that. "And do you want to get married... to Tony?"

Rogue: "Ah want t' get married." She closed her eyes tight to fight the threat of tears and slid her arm around him to hold him close. "But Ah'd understand if you didn't."

Bobby: "I never said I didn't want to," he pointed out, swallowing hard. "I'm still married to Paige, although as soon as we get a court date..."

Rogue: "Ah ain't sayin' Ah wanna get married this second... But," she took a breath and held it for a moment, weighing her words in her head before speaking again. "Ah know Sam'd be happy if it were you. Nobody took better care o' me than you 'sides him, in his eyes."

Bobby: "Really? I didn't think Sam liked me too much, after the... um, bees." He made a face.

Rogue: She buried her face in his chest at the thought of the bee flu. It seemed like a lifetime ago, but she could also feel every moment like it had just happened. "He had a hard time, but he came back around. Sam understood. What we meant, an' still mean, t' each other. An' he knew that y'd never let anythin' happen t' me. He trusted you."

Bobby: "I've let a lot happen to you, unfortunately... most of it I couldn't stop." He held her a little tighter at the thought and closed his eyes. "If things work out, and if we can, someday, of course I want to marry you, Anna."

Rogue: "Y' didn't let anythin' happen t' me when y' could stop things. Hell, most o' th' time it's mah own damned self that's makin' y' not stop th' things that happen." A shiver overtook her at the thought of Essex and she clung to him. "Anna Drake? Doesn't sound too bad, huh?"

Bobby: "Anna Drake," he repeated, feeling his own eyes grow hot. "It sounds good, babe. Like nothing I'd ever thought I'd hear."

Rogue: Rogue let her eyes close and she smiled against him. "Y're one o' th' best things t' ever happen t' me." She kissed his chest again and settled more comfortably against him, shifting her arm between them to rest her hand on her stomach. "Ah'm so happy y' never gave up on me. Not once."

Bobby: Never given up on her? No, but it'd been a close thing a few times. Sometimes it seemed like a thread of hope that his Anna was still in there somewhere was all that kept him from giving up. "Me too. We've had some close calls in life, huh?"

Rogue: "More'n Ah'd like t' count." She chewed her lip for a moment while thinking about some of them. It really was hit or miss that they would make it out. "We're lucky, Bobby. Doesn't feel like it most days lately, but we are."

Bobby: "Incredibly lucky in some ways, yeah..." He was effectively immortal, which was something he tried not to think about considering the possible future implications. "Lucky you're still you for me to love," he admitted, giving her a little squeeze.

Rogue: That made her smile more and she gave him a squeeze back. "Ah'm too stubborn t' let that fool win." She took a deep breath, breathing in the smell of him, then nuzzled him a little. "Mah stomach's settled since y' started holdin' me..."

Bobby: "Ha, I'm better than Pepto," he chuckled, kissing the top of her head and nuzzling her hair. It was dangerous territory, but she was warm and alive and in his arms.

Rogue: Rogue adjusted so that she could wrap a leg over one of his. "Mmhmm. 'Parently so. Maybe Tony'd hire y' t' come hold me any time Ah'm sick." Then she could have them both in a way. "Ah'd like it if y' could hold me in mah house. In mah bed."

Bobby: "...in the bed you share with him, you mean." He frowned, trying not to stiffen up at the idea.

Rogue: He didn't have to stiffen because she did it for him. Rogue opened her eyes and stared at the wall for a moment, then silently rolled over to put her back to him. She made sure she was still touching him, but she didn't want to be holding him right now. "Yes."

Bobby: "Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until we could be together, properly, for real?" He swallowed and didn't move as she squirmed over, then lightly rested his hand on her hip.

Rogue: Rogue sighed and tucked her arm under her head. "Yeah. But Ah'm tired o' waitin'." Her other arm lifted and she took his hand in hers to pull his arm over her waist. "This is too hard, Bobby. Ah hate that it's so hard."

Bobby: "Me too, babe." He sighed and made himself more comfortable, settling his arm around her and closing his eyes as he moved to nuzzle her hair again. "But... you wanna marry him, too, don't you?"

Rogue: Bobby could always see right through her. She took a deep breath and wiped her face against the pillow to dry the tear that fell. "Yes," she admitted quietly. "Ah wanna be with both o' you... Ah've never been so mixed up inside. Jean even got confused by mah emotions."

Bobby: "Jean? She went snooping? I thought that was Beth's trick." He wasn't sure how he felt about Jean knowing everything, although she probably already did, considering what he'd told Jamie.

Rogue: "No, she wasn't snoopin'. Ah went over t' ask her 'bout what she got, telepathically speakin', from that senator. Was Tony an' Rhodey's idea... But since Ah was wearin' mah bracelet, mah shields were gone an' 'parently mah emotions are real loud right now."

Bobby: "Damn, babe. Did she tell you anything useful about that crazy senator?" He chewed his lower lip, thinking about the implications of Anna unshielded and a telepath as strong as Jean. "So she... um, s-she sensed you wanna be with both of us?"

Rogue: "Unfortunately not. There wasn't anythin' that she could feel 'sides her brain bein' kinda ...spikey. Nothin' like what Ah felt with claws diggin' int' me." Rogue turned her head enough to where she could see the ceiling at an angle. "She did... Ah'm sorry, Bobby."

Bobby: "So... am I gonna have to wait and watch while you marry him and then when you decide you're done with him you'll turn to me?" He hated to put it that way, but what else could he take from this?

Rogue: That felt like a dagger in her heart, but it was a fair question. She tightened her hold on his hand and wished she could tell him no, but she didn't know for sure. "Is that Carol talkin'? When Ah 'decide Ah'm done with him'? Bobby... Really?"

Bobby: "Carol has nothing to do with it. This is all me wondering what the future holds, Anna." He held her hand, unwilling to let go, but kept his nose from her hair.

Rogue: "Mah plans haven't changed. Ah just have a tiny speed bump th' size o' a ...some sort o' food." Rogue locked her fingers with his just in case he tried to take it away from her. "Bobby," she turned her head enough to see him a little. "Ah love you."

Bobby: He huffed slightly at her food comment and felt her death grip on his hand. Did she think he was planning to run? Because for fuck's sake. He raised his head to see her and smiled. "I love you, too, Anna."

Rogue: She smiled softly and after a moment, lifted her head to kiss his cheek, putting it back down before she did anything else. "Have y' ever known me t' not do what Ah set mah mind t' doin'?"

Bobby: "No, not even when you shouldn't do it," he chuckled, then sobered a little and laid back down, holding her closer.

Rogue: "Hey," she laughed and tried to act offended, but snuggled back into him. "Ah've always got a good reason f'r doin' what Ah do. Even if it goes against th' normal rules an' guidelines o' society. ...And th' X-Men."

Bobby: "Mmmhmm, I know." He was glad she wasn't offended, but the thought was lingering. She shouldn't do this. She had a good thing with Tony, and what did he have to offer in comparison?

Rogue: "Do y' know what Ah love best?" Rogue turned her head a bit towards him again. "Ah love how y' fight me, but love me anyway. Y' may judge, but y' still accept it in th' end."

Bobby: He laughed again, a soft, quiet sound. "Yeah, I guess I tend to do that."

Rogue: "Y've always loved me. No matter what." She pushed up from the pillow and fumbled behind her for his other arm so she could use it for a pillow instead. "An' y' take care o' me when Ah cain't take care o' mahself. Like t'night. Even though y' were mad at me, y' still did it."

Bobby: "I'm mad at the situation, Anna," he said, letting her have his arm. "We're in a mess, and no super powers are gonna get us out of it."

Rogue: "Not unless we find somebody who c'n time travel." She kissed the crook of his elbow lightly then settled against him, closing her eyes. "F'r now, though... C'n we just pretend?"

Bobby: He snorted softly at her attempt at humor. Or maybe she was serious. Who knew? Bobby sighed and closed his eyes, savoring the feel of her body snuggled close to his. "We can do that."
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 8/20 Issue: Purely Platonic Puking

Post by Svartfreja »

Beth: ¬.¬ who me? Snoop? I would never!

Also that fighting thing they might do in the future? Carol hopes it's not about her knowing the whole plan because she doesn't want to be in the middle of that tyvm.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 8/20 Issue: Purely Platonic Puking

Post by Esynthia »

Svartfreja wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:30 amAlso that fighting thing they might do in the future? Carol hopes it's not about her knowing the whole plan because she doesn't want to be in the middle of that tyvm.
Hahaha uh oh. Bobby left that part out :shifty
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone