5/31 Issue: Bad Call

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/31 Issue: Bad Call

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Pre-Pre-Proposal

Carol: Carol was making a stop at the asylum for some wider clothing options, including her uniform just in case, and some stuff for Chewie to do cat stuff with. Her door was open so people knew she was there if they wanted to stop and chat and Chewie was... somewhere. Even though they'd agreed she'd stay in New York. How many bags could she realistically carry while flying? Not enough. But she didn't want to drive.

Bobby: Bobby wasn't sure where his phone landed. He'd thrown it after he ended the call with Anna. Part of him knew he was overreacting, and the quiet rage and desperation would come later, but for right now his rage was anything but quiet. "Goddamn motherfucking hell!" He flung open the door to his room and started down the hall, swearing and leaving a trail of frost on the walls as he passed.

Carol: Oh the yelling was in the hall now? That couldn't be good... Carol frowned, tossing her uniform jacket onto her bed and going to see what was up. She found a Bobby and a trail of coldness. "Hey, what's going on?"

Bobby: He spun in place, ready to snap the head off whoever tried to talk to him, then saw it was Carol. "Fucking - women are crazy. I don't even understand how you function."

Carol: "Okay... I might need some context before I agree with you there... do you wanna talk about it?" She eyed him warily then the trail of frost in the hall and sent a mild heat blast to get rid of that. "I have coffee?"

Bobby: Bobby wasn't sure he wanted coffee or talking. Talking only led to bullshit. "Context is Tony fucking Stark and Rogue," he snapped.

Carol: "Oh... well I don't think that's all women, just her..." she frowned, deciding for him and pulling him inside, closing the door behind him. "Sit. Talk." She gestured at the sofa. "Also hugs are free if you want those..."

Bobby: Bobby found himself dragged and he eyed the sofa suspiciously, remembering what happened the last time he was on it. "Just her," he barked. "Right." He decided to pace instead, a short circuit of her room as he ran both hands through his hair.

Carol: Okay so pacing was also an option, she supposed. Carol headed for the coffee machine to put on a fresh pot because she couldn't remember when she'd made the last one. "What did she do now? I told you I'm gonna need context before I agree with you... unless you just wanna make angry noises and walk in circles for a while... that's fine, I guess..."

Bobby: He shot her a venomous look and kept pacing, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, that's fine," he sneered, then snorted. "She's fucking pregnant."

Carol: "... what?!" Okay that was... unexpected. "Oh boy..." she didn't want to be anywhere close when Hope found out. Also she wanted a drink but that was a bad idea. "Why are you mad about it? Shouldn't you be happy for her?"

Bobby: Should he be? Probably. Was he? Not now. "I didn't even know she could get pregnant and neither did she. She took a test last week and it was negative. Well, she took another one today and it was positive."

Carol: "Okay so... it's still a good thing, right? Tony's okay with it?" There was something she was missing here.

Bobby: He made another turn. "Apparently, enough he asked her to marry him. Tony fucking Stark getting married? Please."

Carol: Maybe it was a good thing Hope was MIA.... "And again I'm still failing to see why you're mad about this... Bobby... what am I missing?"

Bobby: He stopped pacing and looked at her, making a face when he realized he'd said too much. "I guess it doesn't fuckin' matter now," he decided, no matter what she'd said. "She planned to leave him, after the election."

Carol: Don'tgetmaddon'tgetmad. She turned to stare at the coffee machine and take a couple of deep breaths. It wasn't working. The lights started flickering so she fished her inhibitor from her pocket and put it on then opened the emergency cupboard and took out the scotch.

Bobby: Bobby looked up at the lights. "Fuckin' get it under control," he snapped, watching her put on her inhibitor. He had no comment on the scotch, because he wanted some too.

Carol: "So..." she said carefully, putting two glasses on the counter put only pouring scotch into one because it was up to Bobby to say he wanted some. "I get it now. I understand why you're angry... Because I'm right there with you. I'm also still pretty sure that this situation? Still a Rogue speciality. No one else would be this fucking stupid."

Bobby: "What the hell, I'll take some." He said, nodding at the scotch. "She said it doesn't have to change anything, but how does it not? How can she- she insists she loves him, and I believe her, but now everything is different."

Carol: Carol poured him a drink, picking up both glasses and going to him, "If she loves him, she should not be planning to leave him. At all. Never mind stringing him along til after the election and then breaking his heart. I can't fucking believe that woman. Don't listen to a word that comes out of her mouth, Bobby. It's poison."

Bobby: "I can't help but feel like she's been stringing us both along," he snorted, taking the glass and knocking back the whole thing at once.

Carol: "Well I guess she needed a back up plan in case one thing went to shit." Carol offered him her glass and held out a hand for his empty one.

Bobby: He stared at it for a moment, then took it and gulped it down as well before handing it back. "Thanks. Sorry." Bobby gave her a suspicious look. "How are you not pissed at me, too?"

Carol: "I'm pissed that you went along with it but I'm still more pissed at her." She took both glasses back to the bottle to refill them. "She destroyed your marriage with her bullshit. You've suffered enough... but I wish you'd have said something. Jesus, Bobby. How long have you been sitting on this?" She hooked the bottle with a finger and carried both glasses and the bottle to the coffee table, setting the bottle down and taking a seat on the arm of the sofa.

Bobby: "Her bullshit? Seems more like it's our bullshit. I love her as much as I love Paige, but I just never in a million years thought she'd want me." He shook his head and took a seat on the sofa, staring at the scotch bottle. "Maybe we'd have been better off if neither of us had ever known."

Carol: "Yeah well... that was also her stupid idea... and I told her way back then she should forget you and be happy with Tony. No one ever listens to me." She handed him his glass and finally took a drink from her own.

Bobby: "Tony can have her," he snapped, but it hurt to say the words and he winced, taking another drink.

Carol: She shifted to slide off the arm of the sofa and onto the seat beside him, "I'm sorry..." This was such a fucking mess.

Bobby: "How'd we ever end up here?" he sighed, flopping back against the sofa and rolling his head to the side to look at her.

Carol: "I like to think the universe enjoys shitting on me. I don't know what your excuse is..." she leaned back into the sofa herself, balancing her glass on her knee.

Bobby: "I... think that's pretty fucking accurate." He took another drink. Dead wife, divorce, love of his life knocked up by another man... "Hope you don't have that trademarked."

Carol: "Oh no, the universe is pretty big. It's got enough shit for everyone," she assured him, sighing heavily and staring at her glass. Did one sip count as falling off? One glass for sure would.

Bobby: "Great for us." He stared at his glass. "So, how much of a fucking idiot am I?"

Carol: "Not as much as Tony, apparently..." she glanced at him, "Were you even okay with that plan?"

Bobby: "With her leaving him? I wanted to believe it would work out. It's shitty for Tony, and the kicker is I like Tony, and I thought they were good for each other. I was happy for her that she seemed happy with him. Then she told me and everything changed."

Carol: "Tony doesn't deserve to be messed around like this... he's not a bad guy and he has no idea what's really going on... I wanted to tell him... just this week he came by twice to check up on Obi and me for Hope. The second time because Rogue fucking told him how I felt and I guess she was trying to make it look bad. I could have told him then and I didn't because I don't want to hurt him. She's not playing fair."

Bobby: "I have no idea what's really going on. She told me she was going to leave him, then we didn't talk for a week, and I think, great, she's ghosted me, it's never going to happen. Why would she leave the fuckin' president for me?" He sighed. "Having fun hanging with Shinobi Shaw? I knew Tony slipped his security recently, 'cause Fury called all hands on deck to try to find him."

Carol: "Fun? Sure, it's great fun having nightly nightmares where I wake up screaming and frying all the electrics in the house..." She leaned to put her glass on the coffee table, removing temptation from her easy reach. "I went there because I thought Hope would be there... but she wasn't... Obi said I could stay anyway because I had no where else to go... That's why I'm still there."

Bobby: "Ouch. Hey, one way to look at this news is that she's going to be too preoccupied being pregnant to try to come after you." He finished the drink and put the empty glass on the coffee table, then dropped his head into his hands. "What's wrong with me, babe? I should be happy for her, and part of me is, but the other part just feels fucked over."

Carol: "You have been fucked over..." she reached to rub his back, paused in indecision, then did it anyway. "If she comes after me while pregnant she's gonna have bigger issues than me to worry about so hopefully Tony's keeping an eye on that like he said he would..."

Bobby: "Well good luck to him trying to rein her in, God knows I fuckin' suck at it." He shook his head, tensing a little at her touch and then relaxing again. "I dunno how this whole pregnancy thing will go. Part of me still wants to be there for her, but right now... I just can't."

Carol: "Hey, I'm not gonna judge you for wanting to keep your distance... Hell, I didn't want to be there for my own pregnancy," she pointed out. "And she shouldn't judge you for that either..."

Bobby: He swallowed. "She asked me if I wanted more kids. The last time we were together. We... were working on being able to work together without our feelings getting in the way. We didn't do so hot."

Carol: The concerned frown won out over the impulse to eyeroll, "Maybe you guys should distance yourselves for a while... until you figure out how you want to deal with this..."

Bobby: "Oh, I bet I took care of that. I upset her when she told me..." He gave her a sheepish look. "In case ya couldn't tell..."

Carol: "I thought I heard something..." she offered him a small smile, "I mean, what did she expect?" She gave him a one-armed hug, "I'm really sorry about all of this... I just want to fix everything... and I can't... and it sucks..."

Bobby: "It's a mess of our own making," he said, waving a hand. "Fuckin' shoulda known." He half-heartedly returned the hug and sighed.

Carol: "Is there anything I can help with right now?" She added her other arm to give him a small squeeze (which was extra small with her powers turned off), "Would it help if I stayed here for a couple of days?"

Bobby: "Nah, if you feel safer over there with Sharky Junior then stay there. I'm fine." He made a face at himself, knowing he was far from fine, but that was par for the course for him, wasn't it?

Carol: "Well since Rogue barged into the kitchen and threatened to kill me in front of Tony the safeness kinda reduced a lot..." she admitted, "If you think it'll help I'll stay. I don't mind, really... don't worry about me, I'm offering for your sake not for mine."

Bobby: Bobby gave her a tired smile. "Honestly, babe, I might just spend a few days drifting on the current, if ya know what I mean. Ain't got anybody waiting on me except when I have to go on duty to guard Rhodes."

Carol: "Okay... if that helps, I get it..." Going into space was kind of her own version of the same. "You know where I am if you want to talk... and next time you see Rhodey? Tell him hi for me, okay? And also make sure Tony gave him my present."

Bobby: "It helps because it's a break from feeling... anything, really." He nodded. "Will do. I like Rhodey, I just could do without seeing Tony and Rogue all cozy, and now they're-" Bobby cut himself off and shook his head. "Right. I'll see what I can do."

Carol: She offered him a small sympathetic smile and another squeeze, "Personally I find punching asteroids very therapeutic... As for not seeing Tony and Rogue... Rhodey might agree with you."

Bobby: "Well, good, we can avoid the president together," he laughed. "I've never tried punching asteroids, but freezing random things is great for shits and giggles.

Carol: "If you wanna destroy some terrestrial shit, I have a deal with a junk yard..." she offered, "Also very therapeutic."

Bobby: Bobby looked over at her again, unable to help himself. "Yeah? I might take you up on that. Breaking something other than my phone and my life sounds good."

Carol: "Just let me know when and I'll show you where it is and where the good stuff to bust up hides."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 5/31 Issue: Bad Call

Post by Esynthia »

Rogue's heart is now broken. But she'll be fine... Right?