5/24 Issue: Covert Liasons

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

5/24 Issue: Covert Liasons

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: A few days after Issue: Full of Possibilities

Rogue: Rogue tugged on the bangs of her wig and made a face. "Ah don't like bein' blonde," she grumbled as she checked her reflection in the visor mirror. "Maybe we should just go th' X-Force route o' chargin' at 'em an' not carin'?"

Bobby: In place of his usual dirty blonde hair, Bobby's was now brown and in a scarily accurate greasy mullet. "You look good as a blonde. I just look like I might fuck my sister cousin later." He tapped the steering wheel of the truck and watched the streams of people heading into the rally. "That wasn't a good idea when we did it," he said, making a face.

Rogue: "Ah didn't say we'd kill anybody... But we're better at that kinda thing than the recon type. We ain't great at bein' sneaky, sugah." She looked over at him and smirked, reaching over to put her hand on his tapping one. "Ah'm glad y're with me."

Bobby: "Well, true enough. I mean, lookit us now," he laughed, then looked over at her when her hand covered his. Bobby gave her a grin and took her gloved hand in his, resting their hands on the seat between them. "I'm glad ya want me here."

Rogue: "Nobody else Ah'd rather be redneck with," she grinned. Rogue hesitated for a moment, then leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "We make a good team an' always have."

Bobby: "That we have, Dollface." Bobby fought the urge to turn his head for a real kiss. He swallowed, pulling back just enough to look at her up close, studying her eyes and her expression.

Rogue: Rogue felt his desire and wanted to do it, too, settling instead for smiling at him. "Ah wore y' earrings th' other day."

Bobby: "Oh yeah? You had to get all dolled up for something, or just for shits and giggles?" He gave her a look. "If it's for bedroom games with Mister President I don't wanna know."

Rogue: "Bobby! Do y' really think Ah'd be so cruel as t' tell y' that?" She frowned at him. "It was f'r a fundraiser gala f'r Rhodey." Rogue shifted in her seat a little and looked down at their hands. "Although... Speakin' o' bedroom..."

Bobby: "Oh yeah, I suspect I'll have plenty of those in my near future." Bobby noticed her squirm and looked over at her questioningly. "Yeah?" he said, warily.

Rogue: "We had... Ah, um." Rogue winced, unsure of how to say it. "Do y' want more kids?" Probably not that way, but at least it was a better segue than jumping right into it.

Bobby: "What?" Bobby was trying to wrap his brain around what she was babbling about, and turned in the seat to face her. "I... haven't thought about it?"

Rogue: "With me, Ah mean. Would y' wanna have a baby with me?" She licked her lips and looked up at him, trying to read anything from his face other than confusion.

Bobby: "Oh! Oh... babe..." Bobby licked his lips and blinked, trying to think it through. "I-I mean..." He frowned and met her eyes. "Wait, can you?"

Rogue: "Ah didn't think so... But then we had a scare, so, maybe? Th' test was negative, but it kinda... Lit a li'l flame o' hope, y' know?" Rogue gave him a small smile, unsure if he would ever want another one.

Bobby: "You had a scare? W-with Tony?" Obviously, Drake, but he was so surprised. "You thought you were pregnant?" Again, obviously, but he was panicking a little.

Rogue: This was definitely not the reaction she had hoped for, but she wasn't sure why she expected otherwise. "Um... Yeah... Ah'm sorry Ah brought it up." Rogue gave his hand a squeeze and moved back to check her wig again, knee bouncing a little from the nervous energy. She knew it was a habit Bobby's psyche was doing to her, but she couldn't stop it. "Y' ready t' go?"

Bobby: Bobby cleared his throat and took a deep breath, trying to get himself to calm the fuck down. "Sorry, Anna, I just... it surprised me." He licked his lips and reached back across the bench seat, putting his hand on her bouncing knee. "I never thought you'd want to have a kid, let alone with me..."

Rogue: "It's okay. Ah know it's outta th' blue. It's fine." She gave him a small smile and pat his hand on her knee. "Ah've always wanted a family. Just never thought Ah'd get one."

Bobby: "You kinda get one pre-baked with me..." he gave her a sheepish smile, then sobered. "If you wanna try to have a baby, that's something we could talk about, okay?"

Rogue: Pre-baked... "Yeah. Okay." She turned back to the mirror for another look. "He's talkin' 'bout marriage, Bugs. He's serious 'bout me. 'Bout makin' a family t'gether." Rogue took a breath and looked back at him, "Ah just thought y' should know." Not only because he needed to know how things were progressing, but because he was her best friend and the only one she could talk to who would understand why she was so tense about it.

Bobby: Uhoh, she didn't like that answer, but he wasn't sure how to fix it, and then. "Tony Stark wants to get married?!" He couldn't help it, the words just poured out.

Rogue: She reeled back a tiny bit and didn't bother hiding the hurt now. "Is that so hard t' b'lieve that someone wants t' marry me who ain't a small town boy who only ever had one girlfriend?"

Bobby: "N-no! That's not what I mean! I just - it's Tony Stark!" He looked around, realizing he better keep his voice down considering the crowd they were dealing with. "I'm not trying to insult you, babe, it's him who's the international playboy of all time."

Rogue: Rogue chewed on her lip and shook her head, trying not to cry. "He's not been with anybody other than me f'r three years. Even though he said he was out with other women. It was all t' protect his image. He loves me, Bobby. He ain't like that anymore."

Bobby: Bobby snorted. "How do you know? He's Tony Stark! And he's a politician. They lie for breakfast!"

Rogue: She reeled again and shook her head, not sure why he was yelling at her about this. "Ah touched him! Ah lived it! He cain't lie t' mah powers, Bobby!" Rogue took a shaky breath and clenched her jaw, fighting the tears harder than she had in a long time.

Bobby: Bobby stilled and just stared at her. She'd touched him, and now he was rattling around in her head... along with him, and he wasn't sure how many others, to be honest. "You touched him? Why?"

Rogue: Why? She closed her eyes and the tears spilled over. "Whaddya mean, why?"

Bobby: Oh shit, tears. "I mean why? You knocked him out, right?" Right?! Holy fucking shit, what if she could touch him too?!

Rogue: "Why what? Why touch th' man Ah'm livin' with?" Rogue angrily swiped at the tears, mad at herself as much as she was at him. "Yeah. Yeah, he blacked out an' his psyche takin' over didn't even want me t' try an' catch him. That make y' happy t' know? Are y' satisfied?"

Bobby: Fucking hell. "No, I'm not- sorry, it just... fuck." Bobby shut up for a moment, pressing his lips together until he could slow his brain to catch up. "I just... wasn't expecting that, I guess. I'm sorry. I know... you'd want to be able to touch him. You-" He stopped again and closed his eyes.

Bobby: "It's just a lot," he said calmly. "I know you... love... him." Bobby clenched his jaw, hoping he didn't sound too bitter about that.

Rogue: Rogue took a shaky breath and crawled into his lap, straddling him and holding him close as much as she could while resting her currently blonde head on his shoulder. She sniffed as more tears flowed silently down her cheeks. "Ah love you, too. Ah hate this so much."

Bobby: Startled, he stiffened and looked around again, but no one was paying them any attention. Bobby relaxed and put his arms around her, pulling her into him. "It's just... hard. For me, too." He closed his eyes. "I love you."

Rogue: "Ah just... Ah don't know how t' do this. Ah didn't expect f'r feelin's t' get involved with him an' Ah didn't think you'd feel th' same way 'bout me an' Ah really didn't think y'd get a divorce." Rogue took a breath and held it for a moment, trying to calm herself down. "Ah hurt all th' time. Ah just wanna stop hurtin'."

Bobby: He licked his lips, turning his head toward her and getting a face full of wig. "What would... stop it? From hurting?" He knew what would make it stop for him, but fucking hell, the president wanted to marry her now?

Rogue: "A time machine," she whispered. Rogue reached up to move the wig, but stopped short, remembering people could see them. "Nothin' that exists or is possible in th' realm o' physics or both o' y'all's emotions."

Bobby: "A time machine..." He swallowed. "And which one of us would you tell to fuck off? If you had a time machine?"

Rogue: "Ah'd go back t' b'fore y' told Paige y' loved her... Tell y' not t' do it..."

Bobby: Oh. At that, he couldn't help himself. He caught her arms and pushed her back from him, forcing her to look at him, and then he kissed her.

Rogue: Rogue was caught off-guard by the sudden movement and she thought he was going to yell at her, but then they were kissing. She didn't know what to do other than kiss him back, trying not to cry while she did. It wasn't working very well.

Bobby: The problem with that was that he did love Paige, of course, and their son, Zachary, but... if they had it to do over she'd have chosen him? It meant something, maybe everything, and it took him a moment to realize she was crying. He broke the kiss to look at her. "Fuck, sorry."

Rogue: Rogue knew what was going through his head and it broke her heart a little. "Ah know y' love her." She closed her eyes and rested her forehead on his. "Please don't be sorry f'r kissin' me. Ever."

Bobby: He forced himself to relax, rubbing his hands over her arms. "I do, but she's beyond done with me, so..." Bobby smirked a little. "I'm not really sorry for kissing you, but I know it's not smart." For several reasons.

Rogue: "But that doesn't mean y're done with her." She licked her lips and sat up, swallowing hard. "Ah don't wanna be a rebound anymore'n Ah want you t' be a rebound. Ah'd rather Carol be y' rebound if y' hafta have one that ain't some random gal."

Bobby: "Carol was... I was wasted, and feeling sorry for myself, and she's... but-" He shook himself and met her eyes. "You're so not a rebound. You should know better. You've been in my head - well, I guess technically I'm in yours, but you know what I mean."

Rogue: "Ah know Ah'm technically not, but... Y' not over Paige." Rogue gave him a sad smile and cupped his cheek with her hand. "Y're also still married."

Bobby: "Yeah, and you're living with the president," he tilted his head into her hand and returned the smile. "Who wants to marry you, and have kids with you..." He swallowed.

Rogue: "An' you don't," she said so softly, it almost didn't come out. "Or... Y' don't know if y' do or not." A silent, hot tear slid down her cheek as she met his eyes. "Ah love you."

Bobby: "I didn't say that. You just surprised me, Anna." He licked his lips and tried to stay calm. "I don't think we should rush, because I've been down this road, twice, but yeah, I love you and of course I've thought about marrying you. I didn't even know kids were possible, Anna. Maybe, since we can touch, I should have thought of it, but you were always so sure you couldn't."

Rogue: "Yeah," she tried to hide the bitter tone, but wasn't quite successful, so she tried again. "Yeah. Ah know y' have. Ah was y' best man both times, remember?" Rogue shook her head at herself. "Ah shoulda said no th' second time. Ah never wanted y' t' marry her."

Bobby: He brushed back the blonde hair and gave her a half smile. "I'm sorry I hurt you, babe. If we'd only known, huh?"

Rogue: "Time machine," she said softly, leaning in to kiss him, but stopping herself just before their lips touched. "It'd fix everythin'."

Bobby: He huffed a nearly silent laugh. "We've got aliens and dimensional portals, so maybe there's one hanging around. Somewhere." Bobby moved forward and kissed her again, softer this time.

Rogue: Rogue broke the kiss after a moment and sat back again, taking in every inch of his face. "Y' better let me know th' second y' find one. 'Cause Ah don't know how much longer Ah c'n be good. Ah just wanna be with y' in every sense o' th' word."

Bobby: Bobby made a soft growling noise, his hands moving to her thighs and then her hips, stroking the fabric of her jeans. "Me too, babe. My imagination doesn't do you justice." He cocked his head. "I might have to work the blonde wig into the rotation though."

Rogue: His hands on her legs made her squirm a little, feeling hot everywhere he touched. Wanting the skin contact desperately. Then his last comment earned him a child-like pouty frown. "An' let y' think y' makin' love t' y' ex-wife? No, thank you!"

Bobby: "No, it's not that you just... you look good, aaaand the fantasy might involve ripping it offa you, babe." He shifted his hips, trying not to picture it.

Rogue: Rogue sucked in a breath through her nose, "Oh." That sounded amazing to her and she put her hands on top of his that were still at her hips just to remind herself to behave. "Maybe we should go inside... B'fore Ah f'rget things Ah'm supposed t' remember."

Bobby: Bobby swallowed heavily, his eyes on her face, drinking in her eyes and the lips he dearly wanted to kiss again. "Yeah," he said, voice raspy. "We probably should, before I decide I don't care about what we're supposed to remember."

Rogue: "Ah'm almost there already," she whispered, eyes flicking down to his lips, and hands squeezing his gently. Rogue could tell that it wouldn't take much persuasion to convince her to do things she shouldn't right here in the open. She wasn't sure why, since that wasn't quite her style, but she wasn't going to question it. It was Bobby. "Just..." Her eyes slowly drifted back up to meet his. "Maybe..."

Rogue: She leaned in, a breath away from his lips, "Maybe one more kiss?"

Bobby: Bobby didn't need to be coaxed, clutching her hips and capturing her mouth with his own.

Rogue: Rogue felt herself melt against him and her hands slid up his arms until her gloved fingers were gripping at his hair. Her hips rolled unbidden when she felt him under her and she moaned softly into his mouth. She shifted to get a better position and when she did, his wig slid off, still tangled in her hands. The weight moving with her shocked her and she broke the kiss to look and then started laughing.

Bobby: "Shit," he laughed, trying to catch the wig before it slid completely off his head. "Babe, you snatched my wig," he giggled, taking another look around and trying to put it back in place. Luckily, the parking lot seemed to have cleared out, with everyone already at the rally.

Rogue: Rogue's eyes went a little wide when she realized how bad this could be. "Sorry." She hurried to get off his lap and checked herself in the mirror again, rubbing the mascara streaks from under her eyes. "Bobby," she started while she was still looking at herself. "Ah don't feel great. This is wrong. It cain't be like this."

Bobby: Bobby was checking his own reflection, getting the messy mullet back into the right kind of messy. The thing already didn't really match his scruff, but whatever. "You don't feel great?" He looked over at her, a sinking feeling already in his gut.

Rogue: "Ah wanna do us right. Ah don't wanna start us like this. It ain't right an' it's makin' me sick thinkin' 'bout it." Rogue stilled her hands and stared at her reflection for a moment. Before she had a chance to think, she was opening the door and leaning out to retch on the pavement.

Bobby: He sighed, that sinking feeling getting worse. "Maybe we should... I dunno, we're doing a shit job of behaving. It's like we need adult supervision." Bobby jumped when she opened the door, expecting her to run. "Anna! Holy fuck!" He slid across the seat, his hands hovering over her before he finally dared to touch her. "What...."

Rogue: "Ugh." Rogue wiped at her mouth and sat back up, grateful he was there. But at the same time... "This guilt is gonna eat me alive. Maybe we should just do what kids do in stores. Keep our hands in our pockets. Look but don't touch." Which would suck. She looked over at him, eyes full of sorrow. "Ah'm sorry, Bobby."

Bobby: "T-that's from guilt? Holy shit, Anna!" He tried to rub her back and then her words sank in and he lifted his hand off her. "Right, look but don't touch... just like before." He moved back to his side of the truck and resisted the urge to punch the wheel.

Rogue: "What else could it be? Ah guess if Ah had some bad shrimp'r somethin'?" Rogue thought about leaning out to look at the vomit to see if there was any food in it, but that made her queasy again and she made a face, deciding against it. Before... "Before when?" She stayed on her side, but ached to sit next to him, or at least hold his hand. "B'fore y' knew Ah loved y'?"

Bobby: "I've never seen you sick before. Can you even get food poisoning?" He glanced over at her, eyes automatically going to her wrist to look for that bracelet Tony made her. He already knew she wasn't wearing it. "Yeah. Before we knew we both felt it." Bobby tried to keep his voice even.

Rogue: "Um. Ah don't know, actually. Ah don't have a healin' factor, so Ah s'pose Ah could." She frowned, trying to think about the last time she'd been sick. It had been with Sam, maybe? "Time machine," she murmured with a bitter laugh. "Do y' have a mint'r gum'r anythin'? Ah know mah breath'd prob'ly fit right in, but it tastes nasty."

Bobby: "You could always use my powers," he said, licking his lips. He could still taste her and it made this so much worse. "Time machine," he sighed. After a moment's thought, he cleared his throat. "Yeah, I've got gum in the glove box," he said, leaning to open it and then second guessing if he should even get that close to her. "Sorry."

Rogue: Rogue's head fell forward when he stopped himself. "How c'n Ah miss y' so much when y' sittin' right next t' me?" She reached forward to get the gum for herself. "Ah'm so sorry."

Bobby: "W-we're just going to have to, um, figure this out." He swallowed and watched her from the corner of his eye. "How to be together, without being together." Bobby raised his head and looked out at the venue. "They're starting the rally. We should go."

Rogue: "How're we supposed t' do that? How c'n we act normal around each other with people we know surroundin' us?" Rogue put the gum in her mouth and looked out also. "Ah guess... Ah guess we c'n think of it like a mission, maybe? Focus on th' task at hand an' know we always got each other's back?" That sounded lame to her ears, but she wasn't sure what else they could do.

Bobby: "I guess so," he said, sighing heavily. His own guilt was subdued - Paige didn't want him anymore, and maybe hadn't for a while anyway. But Anna was living with Stark. He wanted to marry her. She'd thought she was pregnant, for fuck's sake. What they were doing was as wrong as X-Force had been, if in an entirely different way. "Looks like we're about to get some practise," he said flatly, nodding at the crowd.

Rogue: "Bobby," she said softly, sad that his voice had the emotionless quality it gets when he's trying to avoid pain. Rogue hesitated, then reached over and put her hand on his knee. "Y're still mah best friend. Ah love you."

Bobby: He tensed a little at the touch, then relaxed and dared to look over at her. "I love you, too, Anna-Doll. Best friends forever." Even if nothing else. He swallowed and gave her a weak smile, then reached to open the door.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone