5/9 Issue: Iron Man

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/9 Issue: Iron Man

Post by Slarti »

Timelined sometime in late July

Rogue: Rogue snapped her glove in place as she walked through the doors to Tony's workshop. "Let's go. Ah'm tired o' waitin' f'r you t' say y' ready. Ah need t' fly an' y' need t' learn. No more excuses."

Tony: "Go?" Tony looked up from his worktable, eyes magnified by the apparatus on his head. He blinked at her innocently until he caught the magic word - fly. "But what if they aren't excuses so much as perfectly valid reasons."

Rogue: She was caught off guard by the cartoonish way he looked and she couldn't help the small chuckle as she walked up to him and glanced at what he had been tinkering on. "Mmhmm. Th' only valid reason is that th' suit can't fly. Every other reason is made null by th' fact that y' girlfriend c'n save y' from any other type o' problem."

Tony: "Can't fly? Of course it can fly." He whipped the headset off and looked over at his red and gold creation, standing on its charging platform. "Don't listen to her. You can fly."

Rogue: "Then y' got no excuses left." She put her hand over his mouth and kissed the back of it. "Let's go," she repeated.

Tony: His eyes fell to her wrist and he knew better than to try to return that kiss. Instead, he stood, glancing back at the Mark III once more. "Right now?"

Rogue: "Nah, Ah figured we'd do it in about ten years. Yes right now." Rogue gestured to what she was wearing, her full uniform, "Y' think Ah put this on f'r fun?"

Tony: "Oh, I don't know, I seem to remember having some fun with you wearing it." He looked her over, then turned to go start prepping the suit.

Rogue: "That's not," she stopped herself and tried to shake the blush off her face. "Ah don't need t' do that anymore..."

Tony: "No? It wasn't that fun? Well that's disappointing." He flicked a few switches, his fingers dancing over the holographic screen that appeared. A series of clicking noises emanated from the suit and two of his robots started to roll over to assist. "Nah, boys, the missus is gonna help me today."

Rogue: "It was fun, but it ain't safe." Rogue frowned in confusion as she walked over to look at his suit, shrugging at the bots as they passed her. "Th' 'missus'? Did we get married while Ah was sleepin'?" She poked at the elbow joint of the suit, "How, exactly, am Ah gonna help y' get in it? Ah'm just th' flight instructor."

Tony: "The suit is made up of more than sixty-seven thousand individual pieces, but they're tied together in a mechanical and technological network, and that is made up of much larger pieces. Larger, heavier pieces, that until the hydraulics engage are still a little heavy."

Rogue: "Oh, Ah see. Y' just want me f'r mah strength. An' here Ah thought y' wanted me f'r mah looks alone." She looked over the suit and tilted her head. "Are th' hydraulics not programmed yet or do they not kick in until they're in place? Or is it just slow since they're heavy?"

Tony: "Yes, no, no, yes, and yes, specifically," he said, flashing her a grin and with a few more taps to the screen and a hop onto the platform he carefully removed the head and set it aside. "Any more questions?"

Rogue: Rogue was used to him doing that to her, but it still took her a second to line up all of his answers with her questions. And then her eyes got wide and she turned to look at him. "Th' hydraulics aren't programmed yet?! Y' ain't gonna be able t' walk 'round let alone fly if they're too heavy f'r y' ta even lift, sugah."

Tony: "The hydraulics are connected to the artificial intelligence that helps automate suit functions, so they reprogram themselves every time I try on the suit." One by one he removed the arms and the torso unfolded, showing a padded interior.

Rogue: "Oh. So they're programmed t' reprogram?" That was kind of nifty. Rogue grinned at him. "Ah'm excited t' finally fly with you, Tony."

Tony: "Adaptive learning." He shot her a grin and climbed into the suit, the armature around his feet and legs closing in. "Mark IV will be pressurized for altitude and I plan to integrate some nanotech to cut weight and some of this... awkwardness."

Rogue: "Is there a non-awkward way t' climb int' a suit o' armor? Knights've been doin' it f'r centuries." Although, she had to admit that it was seriously attractive watching him get suited up and she tilted her head to watch appreciatively.

Tony: "That's why they had squires, fair maidens, robot assistants, all that." The suit now encased him to the waist and he shifted his weight to adjust it where it always managed to pinch. Tony looked up and caught her watching him. He grinned.

Rogue: Rogue instantly blushed and looked away. "Ah feel like Ah did when Ah first had a crush on y'. Ah'm bein' silly. Ah'm sorry." She picked up one of the arms he had set aside and tried to not look at him. "How do Ah do this?"

Tony: "I have that effect on people, it's understandable." He was still grinning and her blush made his heart skip a beat. "Easy. The servos will interlock when you install it." The suit clanked as the chest pieces fell into position, the neck segments clicking into place. "Now, you're up." He reached for her and wriggled his fingers.

Rogue: "Ah'm up?" She flew over to him and beamed, "Y' damned right Ah am." Rogue held out the arm for him, helping him slide it on. "Whoa." Lots of little moving parts started locking into place just like he had said. "Y're amazin', Tony."

Tony: "I really am, aren't I?" He met her eyes with a grin and wriggled his nitinol-encased fingers when the arm was locked on. "Now, the other, and the helmet, and we can go try this out on the lawn."

Rogue: Rogue flew back to get the other arm and brought it over, repeating the process like before. The helmet, she was a little hesitant about because she wouldn't be able to see his face, but having him be kind of super-powered was its own kind of sexy. Helmet in hands, she held it up towards him. "Ah cain't wait."

Tony: He took the helmet and gave her a wink before he installed it, the servos whirring into place. The power light on the chest plate beamed to life and inside the helmet the AI and diagnostic screens lit up. "And away we go," he said, voice modulated by the mask. He took a step down from the platform, wriggling a little inside the suit to get comfortable.

Rogue: Rogue's nose wrinkled up at the heavy step from the suited-up Tony. "Follow me, then." She blew him a kiss and started flying towards the backdoor, secretly wondering if he would try to fly in the house to catch up.

Tony: While Tony was tempted to do exactly that, he dutifully clomped after her, making adjustments and muttering to the AI, which he'd dubbed Friday, since she was the only other girl in his life.

Rogue: Rogue waited for him at the door, giggling softly to herself at the clomping mixed with the muttering. "Y' okay, baby," she called down the hall towards him. "Need help?"

Tony: "Nope. I'm doing great! It just... takes some time to build up momentum, get used to the weight, make sure my balls don't get crushed, you know." He made it to the door and gave her ass a swat.

Rogue: "Don't crush those. Ah'm a fan of 'em bein' intact." She laughed at the swat. "Ooh, baby. Harder."

Tony: "I might be able to punt even you in this," he said, raising his hand and looking at his gloved fingers, giving them a whirring wriggle as he stepped out into the bright sunlight. "Mark IV is also gonna come with AC."

Rogue: "An' it would feel like a tickle," she grinned at him. "Alright, Iron Man, let's see if y' c'n fly in that get up."

Tony: "Iron? It's nitinol, remember? Titanium alloy? Little bit of high-impact plasticine blend..." He took a few steps into the yard and fired up his hand repulsors, pointing his palms down to stabilize himself as he rose a few inches into the air. "Iron was too heavy."

Rogue: Rogue gave him a flat look. "Uh huh. Iron's easier t' say." She watched him wobble a bit and lifted up to meet him. "So what're y' gonna do if y' need y' hands, Iron Man," she repeated with a playful tone.

Tony: "That's what these are for," He said, activating the repulsors on his feet and raising to hover a few feet off the ground. "From here, it's just air ballet, sweetheart."

Rogue: "Oh yeah? Let's see it, then." She flew backwards to give him some room and crossed her legs like she was sitting on the floor Indian-style, hands resting on her knees. "Y' know ballet is pretty damned hard, right?"

Tony: "So is this." Tony was a little unsteady, but managed to shoot up to roof level and turn to sail around a large oak tree without crashing into it. It was taking most of his concentration as he monitored systems on the screens and extrapolated a path through the trees in the yard.

Rogue: Helping him was definitely going to be a little different than helping Sam. Tony's flight was all additives while Sam's was a part of him. Maybe she hadn't thought this through. "Are y' keepin' y' core tight? Yours, not th' suits? It should help with balance."

Tony: "Believe me, I don't think I can be any more clenched," he called, zipping around the yard more quickly this time.

Rogue: Rogue got excited at his fast movements and decided to join him, barrel-rolling above him and then looping around him. She whooped in glee and pulled up to watch him again.

Tony: "Whoa!" He laughed at her swooping around him and managed to stop, palms down to stabilize himself, and turned to see her. "This is about as far as I've gotten in test runs, so what do you think you can show me, sweetheart?"

Rogue: "Hmm... Y' seem mostly competent, just lack a bit o' finesse. Maybe we should practice catchin' fallin' items from a distance? Work on fine tunin' how y' use th' steerin' when all y' got's y' feet."

Tony: "Mostly competent?" He huffed, then laughed. "Catching falling items? Such as?"

Rogue: Rogue thought about that for a moment, then her eyes lit up with an idea and she zipped inside to grab what she wanted. She was back in a flash, hands full with Tony's awards in science fields. Some extremely fragile, some fairly sturdy. "Th' different weights an' sizes o' these should work nicely."

Tony: "Whoa, whoa, whoa... some of those are actually important." He gave a mechanical shrug. "The rest are fancy paper weights." Tony thought she looked far too excited about destroying his awards.

Rogue: "Exactly! It'll drive y' more t' actually catch 'em." She moved to hover in front of him, body nearly touching metal. "If y' scared y' cain't do it, Ah'll always be there t' catch what y' miss. Ah'm faster'n y' even know, handsome."

Tony: "Still handsome, huh? Why don't you plant one on me then." He tapped the faceplate of his helmet. "Right on the facial slit."

Rogue: That was unexpected and she made a face. "Y' gonna kiss th' inside o y' 'facial slit'?"

Tony: "I mean, I can." Sort of. He smiled, not that she could see it.

Rogue: "Ah know y' can. But will you?" She arched a skeptical eyebrow. "'Cause Ah know Ah cain't touch y' right now 'cause o' mah powers, but a suit o' armor's a little much, dontcha think?"

Tony: "I've told you, I'm not afraid of your powers, Anna," he said, circling her and surveying the contents of her arms. There were only a few in there he really wanted to preserve, so he'd best take note of them.

Rogue: Rogue noticed he didn't answer her question. "Only 'cause y' know how t' get around 'em. We'll see what happens if Ah ever touch y' on accident when Ah don't have y' gadget 'round mah wrist." She kissed the air in front of the facial slit and rocketed straight up, tossing the first award towards the ground just a few feet in front of him.

Tony: He made a high-pitched noise and lunged for it, missing the first go and then looping to catch it before it hit the grass.

Rogue: That noise was the funniest sound she had ever heard come from an adult male and she worked really hard to stifle her laugh. "Good job, baby! Ally-" she tossed the next one, "oop!"

Tony: Tony rocketed up and across the lawn to catch this one on the first try. "Aha! Piece of cake!"

Rogue: Rogue grinned. "F'r now." The next one she wound up and threw with all of her strength. "Catch!"

Tony: "My MIT alumni award!" His tone was more surprised than upset and the repulsors pulsed, sending him rocketing after the glass pyramid.

Rogue: Rogue blasted towards it, too, ready to catch it just in case he missed. "Go, Iron Man," she teased.

Tony: "The name is growing on me," he admitted, picking up enough speed he was worried he might pass by it, and he very nearly did before he scooped it from the sky and banked into a turn.

Rogue: "Whooo!" Rogue pulled up and twirled in excitement. "Y' caught it! Ah'm so proud o' you!" She dove towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, clutching the rest of the awards in her hands.

Tony: Tony laughed and spun in midair, wrapping an arm around her while the other clutched his awards, just gently enough not to crush them. "I'm the best," he agreed, more than a little shocked he'd managed that one.

Rogue: This time, she did kiss his facial slit. "Ah love you," she beamed. "This is amazin'. Wanna do another?"
Tony: She kissed the mask! "I love you," he laughed, excited by her excitement. "Okay, okay, one more." He moved back and blew her a kiss.

Rogue: Rogue thought about taking the retrieved awards from him, but decided he should figure out how to juggle them. She looked down at the awards in her hands and shifted them so a giant coin was flat in her right palm. She weighed it for a second, then tossed it frisbee style towards the lake.

Tony: "The Draper!" That one he was a little worried about. Not that it was fragile, but he'd hate to have to drain the lake to find it. Tony blasted toward the lake, a streak of gold and scarlet, but in reaching for the spinning coin he failed to calculate how close he was to the surface of the lake.

Tony: Tony, the Draper Award, and the Mark III suit all made a spectacular splash, alarming several ducks on the other side of the small lake.

Rogue: "Tony!" Rogue rocketed towards the lake, dropping the awards in her hands in a nearby bush for a soft landing, then dove in after him. The disturbed silt was making it hard to see in the already murky water and she had to force herself to stay still for a second to let her eyes adjust. Then she saw him and swam as fast as she could towards him.

Tony: In his suit, Friday was chastising him. "Yeah, yeah, we'll work on it later, just engage." Tony was working to right himself with the repulsors, still holding onto the awards, when the airbags engaged and he floated to the surface.

Rogue: And then he was gone and the silt was swirling around her again. She blasted out of the water and sputtered a cough as she broke the surface. "Th' hell!"

Tony: He nearly gave himself whiplash at her sudden reappearance and the faceplate opened so he could sputter out the water that had poured into the suit. "Wet hell!"

Rogue: "Y' scared me half t' death!" She reached out and gave him a hard shove, floaties bobbing on the surface. "Don't ever do that t' me!"

Tony: He floated away at the shove. "Well I wasn't trying to scare you," he protested, shaking his head until his wet hair flopped into his eyes.

Rogue: "Well, y' did." Rogue's voice was more calm now, but still rough with emotion. She flew out of the water and picked him up to carry him to shore.

Tony: Finding himself picked up so easily was both scary and arousing, and he suspected she wouldn't appreciate either sentiment at the moment. He staggered a couple of steps when she set him down. "Sweetheart, come down here with me."

Rogue: She stared at him for a good long moment before slowly lowering to eye level with him, which meant her feet were still a good six inches from the ground. "Are y' okay?" she finally asked softly.

Tony: "I'm fine. I promise." He gave her a smile. "I wasn't expecting to go in the drink, but I have contingencies, and this is what testing is for. Nothing is going to happen to me, Anna Marie."

Rogue: "Better not." Rogue let herself float to the ground and she took a step in to hold, well, the suit. But it was better than nothing, right now. "'Bout near gave me a heart attack. Red streakin' then sudden explosion. Even if it was just water. Glad y' have buoys."

Tony: Tony gave her an awkward, one handed, whirring pat. "What I don't have contingencies for, I have you, right?" He bowed his head and kissed the top of her wet head through her hair.

Rogue: She tipped her head up at him once she was sure his lips had moved. "Ah'm sorry Ah threw y' Draper towards th' lake. Can Ah help y' dry out th' suit?"

Tony: "That's okay. I caught it." He held up the disk, nearly dropping one of the other awards in the process.

Rogue: Rogue's reflexes kicked in and she reached for the one he almost dropped, making a face when her hand was empty. This was all kinds of awkward. Oh! Her eyes got big and she ran to the bush, diving in to try and find the ones she'd abandoned to save Tony.

Tony: He watched her scurry after the awards and laughed. "Okay, why don't we put the one-of-a-kind trinkets back and do a little drying off?” With a click the deflated airbags ejected from the suit and his repulsors flickered back to life.

Rogue: Rogue popped out of the bush with her wet hair a mess with leaves and twigs, but triumphant in her expedition. "Ah'm just gonna wanna take a normal shower, Ah think. That water, plus this dirt, equals nasty gross Rogue."

Tony: "You're incapable of being nasty or gross," he said, carefully slicking his own hair back with a gauntleted hand. "I hope you'll hold a place for me in that shower."

Rogue: "Bracelet'll be on mah wrist 'fore y' know it." She hopped out of the bush, with help from her flight, and frowned at the cuts in her uniform from the thorns. "Hand me th' awards y' got an' Ah'll put 'em back while y' get outta Mark III, then we c'n meet in th' bathroom nice an' naked."

Tony: "Nice and naked," he agreed with a nod, turning over his three prizes. "I'll just do a calibration pass around the yard, get this baby back to the cradle and I'll be naked with you in two secs." Tony gave her a wink.

Rogue: "It'll be nice t' run mah hands over y' an' make sure y' still all in one piece." Rogue winked, blew him a kiss, and headed back towards the house.

Tony: "I assure you, everything is still where it's supposed to be, a little chafing aside." He grinned at her return wink and lifted off to drain some of the water from the suit and run a few scans before he went inside.

Rogue: -----(One steamed up shower later)-----

Tony: Tony Stark stood in his workshop, stark naked and still damp, his wet clothes tossed over one of his robot assistants. He had a pneumatic injector in his right hand, methodically making injections into his left forearm. "Ow." Another spot, another "ow" as he muttered to Friday and to his dripping assistant.

Rogue: Plato had let Rogue know that Tony was safely in the house, when she got out of the shower finally because the water was starting to chill. At least that was something. Rogue towel dried her hair and made sure she wasn't dripping before wrapping the towel around her and padding to the opposite end of the massive house. "Should I let him know I'm coming or just surprise him by showing him what a doghouse looks like?"

Rogue: "Doghouse sounds fun, ma'am," the house responded to her. "Ah thought so, too."

Rogue: The doors opened ahead of her and she stepped in, fully intending to stand there until he decided to look up and get the shock of his life, but then she saw what he was doing. "Tony!"

Tony: "Ow," he said, jerking a little and looking up, taking in his gorgeous girlfriend, her wet hair curling over her shoulders, wrapped in a towel, looking sexy and... annoyed. And maybe a little horrified. "Yes! Oh. I... took longer than I expected..." He held up the injector and gave it a shake.

Rogue: "No kiddin'! What th' hell are you doin'?!" She jogged down the steps and over to him, taking his left arm in one hand and running her fingers lightly over the injection marks. "Is that Kick? Heroin?"

Tony: "Heroin?!" He gave her a perplexed look and let her take his arm, wincing a little at her touch. "That's only on Tuesdays." At her look, he backpedaled. "Kidding! Kidding! It's nanotech."

Rogue: She wasn't sure if that was worse or better. "In y' body?!" As far as Rogue knew, that had never been done before and that thought terrified her. "What if they cause a li'l robot riot an' tear at y' important organs?"

Tony: "Well, right now they're localized, and synchronized to the suit, so there shouldn't be any randomly roving li'l robots," he said. "I got the idea from your Danger Room and its mistress. She's a magnificent piece of continually evolving metamorphic artificial intelligence."

Rogue: "But..." Rogue brushed the injection sites again. "Why? Why would y' purposefully change y'self an' y' normal make-up?" For someone who wanted to be normal so badly, she just didn't understand.

Tony: "It allows Friday to more easily monitor my vital signs, and, maybe, if my test runs pan out, it might make the transition from man to Iron Man a little more smooth." He certainly wasn't minding her gentle fingers now.

Tony: "Sweetheart, I could use your help," he said, licking his lips and meeting her eyes.

Rogue: As much as she loved that he was taking her moniker to heart, she gave him a flat look. "Ah didn't need y'r help half an hour ago."

Tony: Tony blinked, then looked her over, then blinked again, head cocked. "So I take that to mean you won't want my help in another half hour either?"

Rogue: "Ah wanted y' help. Ah just didn't need it," she retorted and looked back down at his arm, then over to the injection needle. "Y' not supposed t' be y' own test subject, ya know."

Tony: "Who else? The Mark III and the Mark IV? They're built for me - by me, for me. I don't have anyone else." He picked up the injector again. "It's awkward to do my right arm. If you could just follow the pattern, it'll only take a few minutes."

Rogue: That definitely wasn't what she thought he was going to ask for. "Tony..." She had given shots before when she worked for Hank and Scott, but this was totally different. And she'd never been allowed to do it to Sam because of the fact that doctors shouldn't operate on family. Even though she wasn't one. Rogue chewed her lip and looked up at him. "Ah already almost got y' killed once t'day..."

Tony: "Anna, you did not almost get me killed. I overshot the target and took a dip. No big deal." He moved closer to her and raised his hand, tucking his fingers under her chin and leaning in to give her a kiss.

Rogue: Rogue let him kiss her because she still needed to run her hands over him to make sure he was still whole. She kissed back while she methodically checked his torso by way of feel alone. Once she was assured he was whole, her hands moved to rest on his hips and she took a deep, cleansing breath when they broke apart. "C'n Ah get y' t' sign a waiver'r make a recordin' so Hope doesn't throw me in jail f'r murder?"

Tony: Tony was not minding this hands-on treatment one bit and had to remind himself he wasn't done with his plan, otherwise the urge to take her on his workbench was almost overwelming. When they broke apart, her words made him bark a laugh. "Hope knows me, where do you think she gets it?"

Rogue: One of these days, she would like to be taken right where they stood. "Hope knows me, too. An' still views me as a murderer. Baby, please. Plato? Start recording audio."

Tony: He resisted rolling his eyes due to the look in hers and cleared his throat. "Okay. I, Anthony Edward Stark, give Rogue permission to inject me with experimental nanotechnology, in the name of science. Plato, end recording." He flourished a hand at her, then held out the injector.

Rogue: "Thank you. Ah know that was prob'ly th' hardest thing y've ever done. 'Course, Ah coulda left off th' 'audio' part. In th' name o' science." Hard thing for hard thing, she guessed as she stared at the metal contraption. "Just... Stick it in an' press?" Rogue made a face when she took it and looked from his left arm to his right. Her eyes met his and she let him see the worry there. "Ah'm nervous."

Tony: "Don't be nervous, babe, just aim here," he pointed out a spot on the underside of his forearm. "Then we place the other three in a diamond pattern. It goes just under the skin, a few layers deep." He leaned in and gave her another kiss. "You're welcome."

Rogue: Rogue took a steadying breath and set the injector at the spot he had pointed to. "One, two," click! She winced at the noise and looked up at his face to check on him.

Tony: He bit down on the 'ow' this time, the corner of his mouth twitching. "Good job, honey, you did great. Three more." He pointed out the other spots again and waited as patiently as he could manage.

Rogue: She brushed her palm over his arm and took another breath before diving back in and doing the next three in quick succession, glancing at his left arm to match placement before each shot of robot.

Tony: "Great job!" He beamed at her and took the injector, reloading it with a tiny package containing an even tinier payload. "Just one more..." He gave her a reassuring look. "Don't be alarmed."

Tony: For this one he cocked his head to the left and by feel aimed the injector at the muscle just beneath his right ear. Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, he clicked the trigger. "Ow," it was out before he could stop himself. "I'm fine!"

Rogue: Until he aimed at his head, Rogue assumed he was going to shoot himself in the dick, and she was indeed, alarmed. Then he went for his head and her eyes went wide. "Y' ain't fine! Y' just shot y'self in th' head!" She took his head in both of her hands and stood on her toes to look at the mark with a frown. "What th' hell has gotten int' you?"

Tony: "I didn't shoot myself in the head, technically it's my sternocleidomastoid muscle." He giggled at her manhandling which tickled a little, and pulled him down. "It's an enhanced neural interface and transmitter."

Rogue: "...That is not what Ah meant," she chided. "Ah mean what th' hell are y' thinkin' doin' all this t' y'self?" Rogue rocked back to be level-footed, but kept hold of his head so she could be sure he would meet her eyes. "Are y' doin' drugs that don't require needles?"

Tony: "...do I look like I'm doing drugs?" He met her eyes alright, and raised his eyebrows.

Rogue: "No. But y' actin' like it. All crazy." She dropped her hands to his forearms, gaze moving from one to the other as her fingers brushed back and forth over the first injection site on each.

Tony: "Crazy? Sweetheart, this is just an average Tuesday." He watched her, fighting a twinge from the injections. "No, honestly. I've been working on this for a while, I just... well, dumping myself in the lake inspired me to take the next steps."

Rogue: Her hands slid up to his biceps and she looked up into his eyes again. "An' this was more important than takin' a shower with me?"

Tony: "No, definitely not. I just... well, I didn't expect it to take this long." He winced, cocking his head and not taking his eyes from hers. "My bad. Do you think you can ever forgive me?"

Rogue: Rogue pretended to think about it for a brief moment, then shrugged one shoulder. "Ah guess..." He was fully naked in front of her and she wanted to take advantage of that since all she had was a towel, but there were more pressing matters. "Do y' wanna try out y' newest tech so we c'n either dig it outta you or move past it?"

Tony: He definitely wanted to tinker, but again, gorgeous, damp, naked girlfriend.... "I think, I've made you wait long enough, so this time, Iron Man can wait." He gave her a crooked smile. "How about that?"