2/8 Issue: To Groveling!

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

2/8 Issue: To Groveling!

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Same time as Issue: It Made Less Sense In Canon

Bobby: Bobby was pacing. There wasn't much else he could do until Anna arrived, after all. Carol was out for the day or he wouldn't have even entertained this idea. Jamie was right. He had to nut up. He really didn't wanna.

Rogue: Rogue parked her car and looked in the rearview mirror to make sure she wasn't flushed from trying to rush over here. Her heart was already going faster than normal. She was a bundle of nerves and had been ever since Bobby had told her they needed 'to talk'. She finally took a deep breath and got out to head inside.

Bobby: He looked at the security feed and took a deep breath. She was here, and he felt a little like he might throw up. Closing his eyes, he counted to ten. It didn't help. He went to meet her anyway.

Rogue: Rogue reached for the handle of the door as it swung open and Bobby looked about as pale as she did. "Hey?" The fact that he didn't look normal didn't help her nerves and she desperately wanted to leave so she wouldn't have to hear him tell her he was going back to Paige or that he couldn't wait on her or something equally awful.

Bobby: "Hey," he said, making a face at himself when his voice came out high. Bobby cleared his throat and took her gloved hand. "Hey," he said, sounding more normal now. "I..." Be cool, Drake. Cool. "H-how're you?"

Rogue: "Fine," she lied. Her nose wrinkled immediately and she corrected herself since he would know better. "Nervous..." He was holding her hand, though, so that was a good start, at least. Maybe. Rogue held it a tiny bit tighter than she would have otherwise, wanting to keep hold of him for as long as he'd let her. She stepped inside and closed the door behind her just in case there were nosy reporters or secret Secret Service following her.

Bobby: He made the same face when she said fine, then let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah. Sorry. I'm shit at this." He took her hand in both of his and pulled her a little away from the door. "I, uh, d-did something." He made another face. "I-it w-was s-stupid, super stupid, a-and I regret it..."

Rogue: Both of Rogue's eyebrows went up. Oh, they were just going to dive right into what they needed to talk about? And now she was even more nervous. "Ah, um... Ah have a feelin' Ah'm gonna need t' sit down f'r this, ain't Ah?" Her mind was racing through so many possibilities: he'd told someone close to Tony about them, he'd gotten back with Paige, he crashed the truck and killed a child, he sold a photo of them to the tabloids. The options were endless.

Bobby: "Yeah, maybe, s-sorry," he started to lead her to the rec room, then thought about how that's where his crime began, but they were committed now... fuck. This was why he didn't do casual sex. It was too fucking complicated!

Rogue: She kept her hand firmly in his, scared out of her mind now. He was going to break up with her before they'd even had a chance to try dating. How was this possible? When did her life get complicated again? Why had she let it? "Bobby," she said abruptly, "if y're gonna end it b'fore it begins, tell me b'fore Ah sit so Ah c'n leave with some dignity... Please."

Bobby: Bobby stopped and turned back to look at her. "I-I'm n-not... if you're not." He winced. "W-what I mean is, i-if you can forgive me." He swallowed and met her eyes after a moment of working up his courage. Dignity. Right. Jamie told him the time for that was past. "I hope you..." He swallowed, feeling a lump in his throat.

Bobby: "Anna, I love you, I do, but I'm fuckin' stupid and I was drunk a-and... I-" Fucking hell, just do it. "I- C-carol and I... fucking- Goddammit!"

Rogue: Rogue's blood turned cold and burned at the same time while her stomach felt like it was going to force breakfast to make a reappearance. She couldn't hear much beyond the pounding of her heart and she wasn't sure she could speak, but she had to try. "Carol... and you... what?" It could be nothing. It could be they broke her favorite mug that had been a gift from Sam. She knew she was wrong, but she really hoped it was nothing.

Bobby: He ran a hand through his hair and swore again. "C-carol and I... g-got wasted a-and... had sex." The last words rushed out and he made a face. "It didn't mean anything to me a-a-and I knew the s-second I woke up it was a mistake. A huge mistake. I'm sorry, Anna. I am, a-and I don't know what I can do to make it right."

Rogue: That was so far from nothing. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't even look at him. Rogue pulled her hand out of his and shook her head over and over, trying to make sense of all of her emotions. "Y'..." She stopped and licked her lips, then bit down hard on her bottom one to stop it from moving while she fought the well of tears slowly building in her eyes. "Ah'm never it," she finally managed when she was able to look at him again.

Bobby: "B-but... you are..." Bobby found his legs couldn't hold him and he went down on his knees to look up at her. "You are... and I'm a fuckin' idiot." He closed his stinging eyes. "I'm sorry, Anna."

Rogue: The tears spilled over at the same time he hit his knees. "Carol," she asked weakly. "Of all th' people... How could y'?"

Bobby: "I know." He didn't have any defense against her now and when he looked up, she was crying. "I'm so sorry, I know..."

Rogue: "Ah cain't... Ah don't..." Her hands went to her face almost like she could force herself to stop feeling things by sheer motion alone. Her whole body was tense and she hadn't felt sick like this since Lorna told her about Sam's murder. "All y' had t' do," she forced out, trying not to break into sobs while she spoke, "was say y' didn't wanna wait."

Bobby: "I do though!" He got back to his feet and reached for her. "I swear to God I do, I just - I was stupid, and drunk, and after the rally, and things with Paige a-and - I... don't know... it just happened," he finished, feeling like the biggest asshole in the world.

Rogue: Rogue froze when he grabbed her and she couldn't fight it anymore. A sob wracked her and it was her turn to collapse, burying her face in her hands so she wouldn't have to touch him with her skin. That thought brought another sob and she wanted to just curl up and disappear. If she ever touched him again, she would live it. Live him betraying her. Live enjoying the night of drunken sex.

Bobby: Fucking hell. He sniffed back his own tears and tried to pull her into his arms. "I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry." He swallowed, but lost his own control, feeling hot tears spill over.

Rogue: She was trembling, unable to fight whatever he wanted to do with her right now. "Of all th' people," she got out around sobs, wanting to finish her thought from earlier since it was the only complete one that kept going through her head. "Y' picked," Rogue hated this moment more than any that had happened to her in the last decade. "Th' one person," she hiccuped, "who wanted t' ruin us?"

Bobby: Ruin them? "It shouldn'ta been anyone at all," he said. "I wanted it to be you, it should have been you." She wasn't trying to pull away, so he held her, hoping he wasn't making things worse.

Rogue: And now, Rogue was afraid it could never be her, which made her cry harder. "Ah cain't touch y'," she managed to mumble between breaths. "Ah hate her." Carol was the reason all of her problems got worse.

Bobby: He just nodded, not really surprised she didn't want to touch him. "And you probably hate me," he sighed, trying to rub her back as she sobbed. "I fuckin' wish I had the power to go back and undo it..."

Rogue: Rogue finally moved to look at him again, gripping his shirt in her hands, glaring at him with her red-rimmed eyes and tear-stained cheeks. "Don't y' ever say that again. Ah have never ever hated y', Bobby Drake an' Ah couldn't start now if Ah wanted to." And part of her did want to.

Bobby: Bobby looked down at her and felt more tears spring to his eyes. "I'm glad you don't hate me, but I wouldn't blame you," he said, carefully moving her hair back without brushing her skin.

Rogue: Her eyes closed tight when his hand moved and she fought with all of herself to not brush his hand with her cheek, her chest tight at the pain it was causing to not touch him. "She stole you from me," she said quietly, opening her eyes again as fresh tears spilled onto her cheeks. "She wants t' watch mah world burn an' she's succeedin'."

Bobby: "But she didn't. I'm right here, Anna. I made a horrible mistake, but I'm here." He wanted to make everything better and wipe her tears away, but here he was causing them.

Rogue: "Y're here," she agreed, but shook her head, "but Ah c'n never touch y' again. If Ah do..." Rogue took a shaky breath and shook her head again, unable to finish her sentence. "She stole y' from me," she repeated, "in th' worst way possible."

Bobby: "Never?" He drew a breath and debated letting her go, although he didn't want to. "So... this is it?" Bobby grit his teeth against the tears he felt rising again.

Rogue: "Ah don't know what else t' do," she was choking on sobs again and closed her eyes, trying to not see how upset he was because it just hurt worse. Rogue never wanted him to let her go. Not since the first time she realized she was able to touch him. And now, she was back where she was before she met him. Alone. Alone and scared. Alone and hurt.

Bobby: "Maybe just... it's like ripping off a bandaid? If you touch me, it'll suck, but then it's over a-and we can work on getting past it?" Sure, it sounded better in his head, but he had to try something.

Rogue: "Y' want me t' live that? T' feel y' enjoyin' havin' sex with Carol? An' likely not even thinkin' 'bout stoppin' if y' were that drunk..." Rogue scoffed and sniffed, looking away while she tried to get a handle on her emotions. "Don't y' think it hurts enough knowin' y' picked someone else over me again?"

Bobby: "I didn't though... I was... I-I was fuckin' wasted, which never shoulda happened. I've been trying ever since to figure out what to do to make it up to you." He swallowed and tried again. "If we get it out of the way it won't be just hangin' over us forever."

Rogue: Eyes closed, Rogue tried to wrap her brain around all of this in a more logical manner, but logic was far from her right now. She absolutely did not want to feel what she knew she would feel if she touched him. Before she agreed to anything, she opened her eyes and met his. "Why couldn't y' stop y'self with her... But y' could with me on th' roof? What's wrong with me?"

Bobby: "The easy answer is I was way drunker..." He sighed and shook his head. "Anna... I wanted to. That night on the roof? I wanted you, more than anything, but... Paige, and the kids. Now, I fuckin' know Paige doesn't want me. Doesn't wanna be a family."

Rogue: Rogue nodded and took a shaky breath. After looking in his eyes for a long moment, she swallowed hard, closed her eyes to rid them of the fresh tears, and clenched her jaw. "Don't let me go," she pleaded. She had no idea what she was going to feel and she was terrified, but then she kissed him anyway.

Bobby: Bobby was surprised by the kiss, but returned it, pulling her close and hoping it didn't end with a slap.

Rogue: Her focus was on what her powers were doing for the first time in a long time with Bobby, not on the actual touch that was happening. It wasn't meaningless, but it wasn't what it could have been. She refused to let that happen. Not on her end, at least. Rogue's heart was racing and her nerves were on fire from the feel of him, but she tried her best to ignore it.

Rogue: Rogue's eyes shot open, flashing and turning to ice as she pulled her face from his. "She's why you weren't there when I needed you? Boy, you're really rackin' them up tonight, Drake."

Bobby: Bobby jerked back with a gasp and winced. "I know! I'm sorry!" A lot of his memories of that night were hazy, but he hoped what he remembered didn't hurt his cause even more. Begging, groveling, check.

Rogue: The tears on her cheeks whisked away with a thought and she just stared at him for a minute, letting her eyes stay ice so no more tears would come. "Are you going to keep fucking her like she wants?" Rogue knew she didn't have any right to be this upset. She was with Tony. But now that she was past the initial heartbreak, she was upset. And Bobby's memories only made her angrier at Carol.

Bobby: He slowly shook his head. "No, Anna. I swear. That... wasn't me," he winced. "I know, it was. I made the mistake, but... for fuck's sake I'm sure not gonna repeat it."

Rogue: "You don't do one night stands, Bobby. You don't do casual sex. You told her that. You're a serial monogamist. You told her that too. You don't think she wants something more from you? I do." Rogue's ice eyes flashed and went back to normal. "An' Ah think it's fuckin' messed up that she was as mad at me as she was f'r just a kiss with a married man when y'all went all th' way t' home plate."

Bobby: "I don't know. I know she said that in the morning, but I was busy panicking," he said, shaking his head and almost relieved now to have it in the open. "Yeah... that part is... we were talking about me being as good as single, but Jamie said it could fuck up the divorce if anyone knew. I didn't even think about that, which makes me a whole other kinda ass."

Rogue: "Ah'll tell y' one thing, you ain't th' only one who wishes y' could take it back. That was th' hardest memory Ah've ever had t' deal with. An' Ah lived with Sinister in mah head f'r months." Rogue scrubbed at her face and moved to push away from him.

Bobby: Bobby made a face and let her go. Ouch. He'd deserved that, but ouch. "I'm sorry," he repeated.

Rogue: She turned her back to him and noticed they hadn't actually made it very far into the room. Rogue pressed her fist against the doorjamb and took a breath. "Ah'm sorry. That wasn't fair." Everything hurt and she wasn't sure what she should do now. "Did y' mean what y' told Jamie?"

Bobby: He hovered close to her, but let her have her space, especially since she seemed ready to punch something. "I told Jamie a lot, including not to climb over the bar, babe..."

Rogue: Rogue finally smirked at that. "He's like a toddler sometimes." She licked her lip, then gnawed on it, trying to gather her courage. "Y' told him... 'Sides th' fact that y' wouldn't talk 'bout mah body with him, thanks by th' way, y' told him how y' felt... 'Bout me. An'," she winced, embarrassed she was asking since she could just pull up his psyche to check, and then about what she was asking about. "Y' think Ah'm it?"

Bobby: Bobby smiled a little and moved closer to her again, reaching to smooth her hair. "Yeah, I meant that. Of course I did." He cocked his head. "Which you should know, since you've got me." He tapped his temple.

Rogue: She glanced over her shoulder at him at the touch. "A gal likes t' hear it sometimes." Rogue turned around and put her back against the frame she was just trying to punch. "Ah still hate her. Ah was mad at her f'r wantin' t' wreck mah life b'fore, but now? Ah don't think there's any recoverin' from this. She blew up th' bridge 'stead o' just lettin' th' flames simmer t' a smolder."

Bobby: He set his hands on her shoulders and ran his hands down her arms. "I can say it again. You're the one for me, Anna, and I wish I'd realized it years ago."

Rogue: "Bobby..." Rogue wanted to say it back. She wanted to say a lot of things. But before she could, she wrinkled her nose, "Y' may not feel that way after what Ah hafta tell y'." While it wasn't as bad as what he had just put her through, it wasn't good, and he was likely to get mad. "So, just, hold ont' that feelin', okay?"

Bobby: She wasn't leaving Tony. It was the first thing to pop into his head and seemed the most obvious. "O-okay... what is it?" He took both of her hands in his.

Rogue: "Ah may hafta..." She gripped his hands and started over. "Ah hafta go t' more rallies. Ah hafta be around th' senator. An' around Hodge. Ah need t' figure out what happened t' me so Ah c'n figure out how t' get past it."

Bobby: Bobby frowned. "Why?" He squeezed her hands and didn't let her go.

Rogue: "B'cause it wasn't normal, Bugs." Rogue shook her head. "Nothin' about it was normal. Pietro suggested Ah try t' figure out what or who caused it an' why so Ah c'n work past it an' through it if it's something mental. Ah cain't have that kinda reaction in a life'r death scenario. Ah couldn't move, Bobby. Ah was terrified."

Bobby: "Terrified of what? I saw you freak out and start pushing back through the crowd, but I couldn't fucking move from my spot." On Carol's orders, he thought with a slight wince. "You think it was that senator? I mean, she was nuts, but not that nuts."

Rogue: "Ah don't know." Her head was still reeling from the news of him sleeping with Carol. "All Ah know is Ah gotta figure it out t' keep other people safe. An' Ah just thought Ah'd let y' know since Ah told y' Ah wouldn't go to 'em anymore. Tryin' t' be considerate..." His voice was still in the back of her head rambling about being sorry for Carol and thinking he deserved whatever she chose to do to him. She shut him in his box with a slamming door.

Bobby: "Right, t-thanks..." Not that he deserved consideration, but he appreciated it. "It could have been someone in the crowd then, if you don't know... that's almost impossible to figure out."

Rogue: "Bobby, Ah-" She took her hands back so she could scrub at her face and push them through her hair, then took his hands again and met his eyes. "Just b'cause Ah touched ya, it doesn't mean Ah'm okay now. Ah know Ah have no right t' be upset b'cause Ah'm not even able t' be with y' yet, but Ah am."

Bobby: "...right." He stepped back from her with a wince. "I'm sorry, Anna. I can't say how sorry, but I am." Bobby swallowed and tried to give her a smile.

Rogue: Rogue held his hands a little tighter and nodded. "Ah know y' are, Bobby. Ah also know y' liked it at th' time..." She took a deep breath, hoping her voice wasn't as shaky as she felt. "Y' don't hafta wait f'r me." She swallowed hard and took a moment, shaking her head to try and get her thoughts in order.

Rogue: "Ah want y' to. But it ain't right f'r me t' ask y' to. So... If..." Rogue stopped and chewed her lip while she tried to not start crying again. "If y' wanna date... But, if y' single when Ah end things..." This was so hard. "Ah'd understand if y' weren't though. Y're a catch that Ah ain't been able t' snag yet."

Bobby: Well of course he liked it at the time. It's not like he'd been having sex on the regular with Paige... He swallowed. "I want to wait for you, I do. I just... I was stupid. I just need to make sure not to put myself in that kind of situation again." Bobby shook his head at himself then blinked.

Bobby: "A catch! Paige sure as fuck doesn't think so," he blurted, then made a face at himself. "Sorry..." He cleared his throat. "I, uh, might be a little bitter..."

Rogue: "But if y' were, would y' stop it? 'Cause that thought didn't really cross y' mind b'fore..." His admission made her wince. "An' maybe y' need more time t' get over y' wife. 'Cause she is still y' wife." The tears she had been fighting fell, but they were silent this time. "Ah shouldn'ta asked y' t' wait f'r me, so Ah'm gonna tell y' t' not."

Bobby: He winced. "I... deserve that," he said, clenching his teeth when he saw the tears fall again.

Rogue: "Y' deserve t' be loved. An' t' not worry 'bout hurtin' anybody..." Rogue licked her lips. "An' t' be happy."

Bobby: "Y'know what made me happy? Happier than I'd been in... a while? Finding out you loved me." He swallowed and met her eyes. "It was a shock, and it's caused... a lot of confusion and turmoil... but that moment? That first time I kissed you? That made me happy, Anna."

Rogue: Rogue searched his eyes, going through her own shock, confusion, and turmoil... And happiness. "Ah do, Bobby. Ah've loved y' f'r a long time. But," she closed her eyes, letting the fresh tears stream out for a moment. "Y' still married. An' Carol... Hypocritical bitch that she is, is free game an' an easy lay."

Bobby: "It's a mistake that ain't gonna happen again," he said, voice a little more sure. "I am still married, technically, and like Jamie said, don't be a dumbass."

Rogue: Her eyes opened and she met his, letting all of the hope in her heart show in her green eyes. "What happens now?"

Bobby: "That's up to you, babe... I'm the one who fucked up..." He swallowed. "I never wanna be the one to break your heart. My job has always been to try to help fix it..." Bobby freed one hand and moved her hair back, tracing her white stripe with a fingertip.

Rogue: Rogue turned her head towards his hand and smiled. "Y've always done a good job at it." She let go of his hand so that she could step in close and slide her arms around his waist and hold him while she looked at him. "Just gonna take a bit more this time since y're involved now."

Bobby: "So, whaddya need me to do?" He returned the smile, still feeling the guilt. "Jamie told me to grovel... I can always do a little more of that."

Rogue: "Ah don't know," she admitted sadly. "All Ah know is that Ah hurt. But Ah know you hurt, too. Y' already literally got on y' knees."

Bobby: "Yeah..." he sighed, but pulled her against him and rested his chin on top of her head. "I'll just... be here, until we figure it out."

Rogue: "Not there... In Carol's bed... Naked?" Her hands fisted in the back of his shirt and she closed her eyes. Everything hurt. It shouldn't hurt. They should just be able to be happy together.

Bobby: "No." He tightened his arms around her. "I won't do that again. Promise. It... I was upset, and second guessing myself and everything else, and then just..." Bobby shook his head and tilted his head to kiss her through her hair.

Rogue: Rogue smiled against his chest and took a calming breath. "Y' should know better'n t' second guess me by now. Ah'm too stubborn t' change things when Ah set mah mind to it."

Bobby: And she'd set her mind to him, as shocking as that was for Bobby to comprehend. "Yeah, well, you know me... not too quick on the uptake."

Rogue: "Ah know... Tried t' get y' t' change y'r mind all th' way up t' th' bachelor party." She pressed a kiss to his chest then settled again. "Ah do mean it, though... If... If y' decide y' don't wanna wait, just tell me. It ain't right f'r me t' ask that of ya."

Bobby: One question that he hated to ask was burning its way through him. He'd lost his nerve waiting a couple of weeks without any real word from her, and look where that'd gotten him. "Anna... I know it's complicated, but... how long?" He swallowed. "Knowing that you have... what you have. It's hard. I can't measure up to the fucking president. I'm not rich, or any of the things Tony is..."

Rogue: The question was fair, but the reasoning shocked her and she leaned back enough to look into his eyes and let him see her confusion. "Bobby, if Ah wanted someone just 'cause he was rich an' powerful, Ah'd never've been with Sam." She pressed a kiss to his shoulder and looked at him again. "Ah don't know how long, but Ah know that Ah wanna be with you." Rogue winced a little, "It might need t' wait 'til his term is up, if Ah'm bein' honest... Politics..."

Bobby: He met her eyes with a tight smile that softened at the kiss. "Yeah, well, I'm not Sam either..." Bobby did that math, and while he didn't like it, he could see her reasoning. "Right... so, a while... my divorce might even be final by then," he tried to joke.

Rogue: "Ah don't want y' t' be Sam anymore'n y'd want me t' be Lorna. Right?" She tilted her head, looking at him with a sad smile. "We prob'ly shouldn't be t'gether until y' divorce is final anyway. An' besides which, August starts t'morrow... Elections're in November. That ain't that long."

Bobby: It wasn't that long, yet it felt like forever. "No, you're much less green," he said with a small smirk. "Yeah, November isn't, but Tony's term isn't up until after the first of the year, y'know."

Rogue: Rogue blinked at him and scoffed a laugh, "Are y' sayin' y' want me t' be green?" Her nose wrinkled. "Yeah, Ah know. But by then, th' danger should be less b'cause he'll be on th' way out an' people'll be more focused on whoever's followin' him." Of course, if it were Rhodey, that could complicate this, but they could figure that out then.

Bobby: "I'm not," he laughed, reaching for her hair again to wind her white stripe around his index finger. "I love your hair the way it is" He wondered about what danger she thought Tony was in since he had the Secret Service and Heather watching his ass, on top of Anna herself. "Yeah, he might even wanna lie low for a while."

Rogue: "An' Ah love y'rs th' way it is. No need t' ever dye it pink again," she smirked at him. "He'll likely just wanna devote more time t' his pet projects. Perfect th' things he ain't had time t' work on." Rogue watched him for a moment, a question turning over and over in her mind. "What is it y' wantin' fr'm us? When we c'n be an us, that is."

Bobby: "No worries with that," he said, rolling his eyes up to look at his hair, which was too short to really see. Pet projects... like fucking Anna. His nose twitched at that and he sighed. "I... dunno. It feels like we should work, right? It feels... right. We'll just have to see, I guess?"

Rogue: Rogue tsked and shook her head, "Ain't what Ah mean, sugah. Ah know we'll work... But how do y' want us t' work? It feels wrong t' just start datin' like a normal couple, but it also feels weird t' jump t' somethin' way serious."

Bobby: "Yeah, I get what you mean... that's kinda my thought too." He risked brushing his thumb over her cheekbone. Jamie had suggested a ring, after all. "We're kinda past a first date, but getting married would be crazy right out of the chute."

Rogue: Her eyes closed at the touch, enjoying it but hating the rush of memories that came with it that made her chest tight again. Rogue took a shallow breath and opened her eyes again. "A ring?" He wasn't opposed to the idea. But it would be crazy. "Ah don't know that Rip'd be okay with that so fast, sugah."

Bobby: "Yeah, we'll have to talk to Rip about us... when there's an us." He traced the lines of her face with his thumb. Right now, he just wanted to kiss her, but he was still half expecting a slap at any moment. "I guess there is, just... we're the only ones who know there is."

Rogue: Rogue wanted to kiss him, too. Very badly. And his desire growing in her with his continued touch wasn't helping. "Bobby," she murmured, eyes drifting down to his lips, her heart racing. He was making it so hard to focus. "Are y' wantin' me t' slap y'? 'Cause Ah can if y' don't stop thinkin' 'bout me doin' it."

Bobby: He caught her gaze and smiled. "I would say that right now I might like it, but then you really would..." Bobby tilted his head to get closer to her, his nose brushing hers.

Rogue: There were butterflies in her stomach and her eyes closed at the nose brush. "Dangerous territory, Bugsy," she whispered.

Bobby: "I feel like taking a chance," he replied, voice soft, and moved in to kiss her.

Rogue: His psyche was so strong and mixed with her own weak will was probably not helping. A brief thought flashed in her mind that he might have done that on purpose, but she wasn't sure she cared right now. Their lips met and her breathing stopped for a moment. Not smart. Rogue knew she should stop him. Stop herself. But it was Bobby.

Bobby: Bobby caressed her cheek, moving to catch her lower lip, his other hand sliding to her back to hold her close. This... felt right. Perfect. She was it, he knew, she was the one and this was right.

Rogue: All Rogue wanted to do was be with him. This was how it should have been for years. Her hands moved to his arms, sliding along his biceps and up to hold his face. She hesitated when she couldn't feel the scruff on his cheeks. There were too many layers between them.

Bobby: Bobby turned his head and kissed her palm, reaching for the edge of her glove. He knew what she wanted, and he was more than happy to give it to her as he turned his attention back to her lips, giving her a fast, bright grin before he kissed her again.

Rogue: He peeled her glove off without even looking. It was second nature to him. Knowing what she needed and how to give it to her. She stepped them backwards so she was pressed against the wall again and brought her now bare hand to his face, making a pleased noise when she felt his scruff this time. Rogue took her still gloved hand to his other hand. She wanted both free.

Bobby: He took her hand, finding the edge of her glove and peeling it off, his lips never leaving hers. When her hand was bare he dropped her glove and twined their fingers together. Taking a half step forward, he pinned her against the wall, his free hand threading into her hair to deepen their kiss.

Rogue: Rogue arched into him, tilting her head to follow his lead. And then she stopped. Her eyes opened and she pulled her head away with a sharp breath. Don't be a dumbass. "Bobby..." She whimpered and tried to shut up the conversation with Jamie while she moved to catch his mouth again.

Bobby: He craned his neck back a bit, confused at her sudden stop, half expecting that slap to come now, but it didn't. "Anna," he responded, just before she kissed him again. With a growl, he pressed his hips into hers and released her hand to find the hem of her shirt and feel the soft skin of her side.

Rogue: She groaned in response, her body wanting to arch into his hips and his hand at the same time. She wanted to feel everything. Rogue's heart was racing and his hand pressing against her skin triggered a memory that made her breath hitch and she pulled her head back again. The last person he had touched like this was Carol. No matter what his psyche was saying, it didn't help. "Bobby," she licked her lips. "Ah wanna do this right."

Bobby: She felt fantastic moving against him and he groaned, then startled when she broke the kiss and pulled back. His brain was addled enough to make him blink. "This doesn't feel right to you?"

Rogue: "We feel more'n right. But," her fingers twitched against the skin of his neck, aching to pull him back to her. "Th' situation ain't." Rogue's hips moved slightly and she wasn't sure if it was her or his psyche doing it, but it made her close her eyes and take a shaky breath.

Bobby: He closed his eyes and groaned again. Fucking hell she was trying to kill him. Closing his eyes, he rested his forehead against hers, lips still dangerously close. "If you're sure..." because he sure as fuck wasn't.

Rogue: Rogue whined and tilted her chin so their lips were a breath away from touching again. "Ah'm sure Ah wanna be with you. But Ah'm also sure that we shouldn't start things wrong. Not us. Not after so long." She wasn't sure if she was wanting him to respect her wishes or say fuck it and carry her away. "Ah don't wanna risk this. Us."

Bobby: "I'm sure about you... more sure than I've been about anything for ages." He took the opportunity presented and gave her another kiss, softer this time. The last time they'd been like this, they'd both been drunk. This was so much better. "Risk us? How?"

Rogue: Rogue savored the kiss, letting the feeling linger, pulling her lower lip between her teeth to try and keep it there when he pulled away again. "Ah don't know if y've noticed, but we're in th' middle o' a place with cameras. An' those cameras b'long t' th' government. An' mah boyfriend is th' head o' that government."

Bobby: "Most of the cameras are outside," he protested, but he understood her concern. Once again, he hadn't been thinking. Dumbass. Bobby took in her face, his fingers caressing her skin, thumb brushing across her bitten lower lip. She was flushed and breathless and beautiful. And Tony Stark's. She should be his.

Rogue: "Ah will be," she said softly to his unspoken thought. "Ah promise, Ah will be. An' Ah wanna make sure neither of us feel guilty after."

Bobby: He huffed a quiet laugh at her mind reading. "Using your sneaky powers on me," he said, tone teasing. After a moment, he sighed and moved back from her. "Okay. You promise... and I promise I won't do anything else stupid. I hate feeling guilty..."

Rogue: "Don't touch me if y' don't want me t' know whatcha thinkin', sugah." Oh, but now she felt cold and empty and she pouted at him. This sucked. She reached out to snake her fingers through his belt loops, giving him a gentle tug in her direction. "Ah love you."

Bobby: "I like it, most of the time... I wish I knew what you think sometimes. I got the wrong powers." Oh, that pout... he happily moved back into her, his hands going to her hips and his forehead to hers. "I love you, Anna."

Rogue: She flushed at his words and couldn't help the brilliant smile that spread across her face. "Ain't no need t' have different powers. All y' gotta do is ask me what y' wanna know. Ah've even been known t' tell people things Ah'm thinkin' without them askin'." Rogue brushed his nose with hers and closed her eyes, just enjoying the skin-to-skin contact.

Bobby: "I'll drink to that," he chuckled, then shook his head a little, brushing their noses again. "On second thought, no drinking. That's when I'm a dumbass, apparently. Although, Jean's face when she found me and Jamie was pretty good."

Rogue: That made her laugh and she ran her bare thumbs over the top of his waistband so she could initiate skin contact. "Ah think, if we'd kept up what we'd been doin', we mighta been found asleep t'gether in th' mornin', too. Prob'ly not a great thing t' have happen." Rogue looked up at him from under her lashes for a moment. "What's th' first thing y' wanna do when we c'n be us in front o' people?"

Bobby: Her touch tickled, but he loved it, taking a half shuffle closer again, to press their hips together. "Oh, definitely, babe... all day, all night," he gave her a dirty grin and brushed their lips together as he hummed in thought. "I'd do... this," he ended with a fast, hard kiss.

Rogue: Bobby was torturing her and she couldn't decide if she hated it or loved it. She knew she loved the touch of his soft lips brushing hers and had just about decided on that for the torture as well, and then he kissed her. Rogue made a noise of surprise and laughed when he pulled back from the kiss. "In front o' God an' everybody? Y' scoundrel!"

Bobby: "Ya want me to show you how much of a scoundrel I actually can be, Anna doll?" He grinned at her surprised laugh and stayed close enough to brush again. Bobby knew she was right, they were taking a chance of discovery right now, but the asylum felt safe, and he felt like taking chances.

Rogue: "Ah know what y' thinkin', Bugsy," she grinned and his psyche's bravado bolstered hers a little, so she kissed him again, letting her lips linger on his for a moment before pulling back enough to talk. "An' Ah like it. But mornin' guilt...?"

Bobby: He growled under his breath. "Yeah, yeah," he said, giving her another quick kiss before he pulled away, taking a step back and letting her shirt fall back into place.

Rogue: Rogue made an upset noise and frowned at him, because now she lost where she was touching him, too. "Will y' go with me next time Ah hafta go to a rally that ain't one with Tony'r for Rhodey?"

Bobby: "Of course I will, babe," he said, giving her a faint smile. Bobby wasn't particularly happy about it, but... "If you're gonna be there, I'm gonna be there." He held out his hand for her, taking a step back. "And for right now, I'm gonna buy you lunch and you're gonna let me."

Rogue: Because making love to him wasn't an option, she put her hand in his and gave him a grateful smile. "Ah don't wanna do dangerous missions with anybody but you. Never have. Y're it." Rogue closed the distance by one step. "Y' cain't hold mah hand in public, Bugsy."

Bobby: "There's nobody else I'd want watching my back either," he agreed, reeling her in by the hand. "Dollface, we ain't in public yet."
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone