1/16 Issue: Demon a Go Go

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/16 Issue: Demon a Go Go

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple days after Tea - Not Just for Drinking Anymore

Jean: "Okay, we got snacks, drinks, candy, munchies, sheet masks, nail polish and holy water - okay I doubt it's really holy but I burned some sage from the spice cabinet next to it so it's cleansed, right?" Jean looked down at Breathless, who was looking at her, her head tilting side to side with the rise and fall of Jean's voice. "We're gonna have a girls' night, baby!" She bounced a little and the puppy bounced too.

Beth: "I think you have to put salt in holy water..." Beth mused, "But it's okay because I brought fancy magic wood!" She tipped up her bag of ghost hunting supplies. "Also some laser grids and stuff... I got carried away on the internet."

Jean: "I have sea salt and bath salt," she said, then blinked at all the stuff Beth brought. "Whoa! I guess so! Is that an EMF meter?!" She picked up something that looked just like one of Figaro's toys and blinked at it.

Beth: "Yes... and yes, that is a cat toy." She took it back from Jean, "But it's not for the cats. It's for the ghosts!"

Jean: "For ghost cats?" She pouted when she lost the toy, but perked up immediately. "Jamie's gonna be so impressed when we use SCIENCE to catch these ghosts!"

Beth: "I also bought a ouija board..." Beth added helpfully, "Cover our bases." She reached into her backpack to pull it out, "Not even pre-cursed or anything!"

Jean: "Awesome! We can summon a demon to help us find the ghosts, too!" She laughed and took the board to check it out. "Pink!!! OMG!"

Beth: "I saw it and thought of yooooou," she crooned, "We will find us the campest demon ever with this thing and he will be our new gay best friend."

Jean: "I loooove it! And I'll love the drag demon we call up too!"

Beth: "How stoned should we get before we're brave enough to go upstairs?" Beth started assembling her ghost hunting tools.

Jean: "Probably pretty stoned." She picked up a package of gummies from the table and shook them. "Also, there are brownies! Jess taught me to bake them from scratch!"

Beth: "... You baked so we could get baked?!"

Jean: "I diiiiid!" Jean grinned and bounced a little at this revelation.

Beth: "I'm so impressed! Go you learning new applicable skills to apply to important life stuff!"

Jean: "Right? It's like a real adult skill put to the absolute least adult use." She struck a pose. "So perfect for me!"

Beth: Beth faux worshiped her, "Okay but before we get ahead of ourselves... are they actually edible?"

Jean: Jean gasped. "They are fudgey and delicious!"

Beth: "Yay!" Beth made the grabby hands, "Gimme!"

Jean: She skipped to the unfinished kitchen to grab the container, then floated back and handed it over to Beth, then flopped onto the sofa.

Beth: Beth popped the top off the container and breathed in the sweet chocolatey aroma. "Mmmmm these smell amazeballs."

Jean: "See, I'm good! I have hidden talents!" Jean used her teke to lift one out and float it over to her waiting hand.

Beth: Beth located an edge piece and put the lid back on the tub before she took a bite. "Holy shiiiiit these are good."

Jean: "Yeah they are!" Jean was basking in chocolate goodness and Beth's orgasmic expression. Yeaaaah, she was good.

Beth: "You should sell some in your shop," Beth determined. "Mostly so you don't get out of practice."

Jean: "I told Jess we need to go into business together. Her recipes and my weed? Winning combo!" She took a bite and chewed, blissed out instantly from the chocolate alone. "Pretty sure I'd have to get different permits to sell it though."

Beth: "Maybe... I think there's different rules for making food in you kitchen at home though. Maybe just free sample it." Beth was tempted to have another but not knowing how much was in the brownies in the first place made her pause and tap her nails on the lid, "Two? Not Two?"

Jean: "We're about to face down the undead hoard living upstairs! Two. Duh." She took another bite and moaned, rolling her eyes.

Beth: Beth nodded. "Good point," she agreed, popping the tub open again. "Do you think we can get rid of all this evidence before Jamie comes home and accidentally gets high?"

Jean: "Accidentally? If he wasn't working he might have joined us." She took another bite and a moment to enjoy it. OMGSOGOOD. "Not for the ghost hunting, because he totally rolled his eyes at me for that, but for the brownies and Doritos? Hell yeah!"

Beth: "I bet if we gave him enough pot he'd believe in ghosts."

Jean: "I don't know that he doesn't believe in them, he just... like, he was raised all religious." She shrugged and finished off her first brownie.

Beth: "Oh right yeah some of them don't believe in ghosts because everyone's supposed to go to heaven or hell... but what about purgatory, folks? Where's that?" Beth shared her wisdom.

Jean: "I have nooo idea, because my parents are professors. They believe in science, and too much political science at that." She sat up and went for her second brownie.

Beth: "Snoooooore but, you know, I know the type. The Brain isn't much better but at least he has a sense of humour. I think mum squeezed all of hers out with me."

Jean: "My dad has a sense of humor. He's all fascinated by Jamie's powers and started making bad dupe jokes by the end of our visit."

Beth: Beth giggled, "Science!" she declared, "That's how you get 'em. The Brain also likes science. Fancy science job and everything. And then there's me." She grinned, "I'm a terrible disappointment."

Jean: "Me too! That's why we're friends!" Jean giggled and took a bite from her second brownie.

Beth: "I like being a disappointment. It's very low-pressure." She nodded to herself, "They expect nothing, I give them nothing. Except reasons to hide their faces at social gatherings and pretend I don't exist."

Jean: Jean nodded along. "It isss. I think my sister would have paid me not to go to her wedding because I was just a sad lonely drunk in the corner."

Beth: "Awww you should have invited me. Then we could have been the loud lonely drunks in the corner."

Jean: "Holy shit, you should have been my date! We'd both have gotten bonus points for disappointment!"

Beth: "We'll get the next one," Beth determined, "And I guess we can sneak Jamie in."

Jean: "Oh! Throuple! Make the old people really clutch their pearls!"

Beth: She cackled, "Brilliant! I'll get stoned to that!" She toasted with her brownie and stuffed it in her mouth.

Jean: Jean giggled and raised her brownie aloft too before taking a big bite. "And we are gonna be so stoned," she snickered. "I used some of the good shit in these."

Beth: "Yeeeeessss. I'm convinced that's what tv ghost hunters are doing wrong, you know."

Jean: "Absolutely. Everything works better after a little bit of THC," she giggled. "Travel Channel, give us a show!"

Beth: "There for sure isn't a more spiritually open person than a stoned out psychic," Beth nodded to herself in agreement with her own wisdom.

Jean: Jean yeeted herself sideways onto the sofa after taking her last bite and raised both arms to give Beth matching thumbs up. Now, time to let the magic happen.

Beth: A while later, Beth led the way to the upper flaws, EMF meter in hand and loaded up with ghost hunting 'tools' and also snacks. "Heeeeeere ghostie ghosties... come say hiiii we have snacks!"

Jean: Jean had that cat toy that the cats weren't allowed to play with. She'd been playing with it herself for the past half hour, and had recorded EVPS of herself speaking in a ghosty voice. Along with the cat toy, Jean's bag contained snacks, drinks, and in her hand was one of those fancy thermometer guns.

Jean: "And guns!" She pointed it at the stairs. "Pew, pew!"

Beth: "Don't scare them!" Beth reminded her with a giggle, "They're to shoot the temperature not you!" Beth assured the ghosties.

Jean: "Unless they want to scare us! Then we're totally armed," she argued, and shot the temperature of the steps, then Beth's butt. "Oooo you have a hot ass!"

Beth: "Why, thank ya!" She gave her ass a little shake. "We don't need guns. We have miiiiiiiind bullets."

Jean: "Brain pews!" She wasn't sure she liked that. "Telepathic target practice? Teke torpedos!"

Beth: That made Beth laugh so much she forgot how to walk up stairs for a moment and had to crawl. "Okay, okay." She had this. Totes. She pulled out the laser grid and set it down in the middle of the floor of the upper level.

Jean: Beth's crawling gave Jean the giggles too and she decided to follow suit, wriggling her butt as she went up the steps on all fours and then bounced to her feet at the top, karate hands at the ready. "Oooo, it's like a rave..."

Beth: "Ghost rave!" Beth decided to up the ambiance, "Ball me!" She held her hand out for the catballs.

Jean: "Pspspspspsspsp!" Jean called every cat in the neighborhood as she underhand tossed the balls one by one.

Beth: Beth danced to the music in her head as the catballs landed and flashed their bright colours.

Jean: Jean did the same, until she bumped into one of Jamie's sawhorses and eeped, spinning on it and nearly sending it through the wall with her teke.

Beth: Beth laughed at her reaction to the harmless object and wound her own way over to the pink pouf to whip out the even pinker ouija board.

Jean: After making sure the sawhorse wasn't possessed by evil, by prodding it, then moving it out of the way of any future abuse, Jean followed. "Oooo, we gonna teach our pet drag demon to pole dance?"

Beth: "Well I don't know what else we could do with it," Beth grinned, "Except maybe give it a mani-pedi..."

Jean: "Oooo pink talons!" Jean settled on the pouf and picked up the pink planchette, deciding she liked that word. "Plaaaaanchette," she drawled, then decided she was French. "Planchette, oui oui, baguette!"

Beth: Beth cackled with laughter, "Ooooh do you think we can get us a horny demon?"

Jean: "I don't think we can expect anything less considering!" Jean waved her hands at the pole and pouf and her own horny self.

Beth: "Good point." Beth agreed, "Okay contestants, fingers on buzzers!"

Jean: Jean petted the planchette for a few moments longer, then set it down on the pink, pink board. "Okay, I haven't done this since, like, middle school..."

Beth: Beth put her hands on the planchette, "We don't have this in the UK so I've never done it. But I saw it a lot on tv."

Jean: "Oh, so I'm the expert?" She snorted. "Hooboy." Jean set her fingertips on the planchette, cleared her throat, sat up straight and summoned. "Yo? Anyone here?"

Beth: Beth giggle-snorted, "On tv they always spin the thingy around." Beth demonstrated, "Like dialing one of those old phones... 1-800-HORNY-JAIL...."

Jean: Jean followed the swishing movements with her own hand. "Are you a horny ghost or a boring sheet wearing ghost?"

Beth: "Awww if you're a boo-ghost, I won't be sad. I think boo-ghosts are highly underrated."

Jean: "I mean, I don't want you to come stand at the foot of the bed because I insulted you or anything, I'm sure sheets are totally comfy!"

Beth: "Oh come on, you totally want him or her to stand at the foot of the bed if Jamie is the one to spot the visitor first."

Jean: "He'd totally try to kill it though! Rekill it! Oooooh my god, what if it possesses the cats? Or Breathless?"

Beth: Beth grinned wickedly, "What if we just tell Jamie it did."

Jean: "Evil!" She giggled, then gasped when the planchette tugged. "OMG IT MOVED! DID YOU MOVE IT?!"

Beth: Beth's eyes went wide, "No! Ohmigawd! Ghosts! Horny demon, is that you?"

Jean: “Don't possess the dog! My fiance will kill me!" The movement she felt didn't repeat itself and she breathed a sigh of relief, but now she was edgy, peering into the dark shadows around the dance cage.

Beth: Beth adjusted the laser grid so it reached all the way to the edge of the room, minus the shadow cast by the cage and pole. "I knew I shoulda bought a spirit box..."

Jean: "What's a spirit box? Ghost gooch?"

Beth: Beth snorted again, "Noooooo, silly! It's like a ghost ham radio!"

Jean: "Ooooo, ham. We should get Doordash after this!"

Beth: Mmmmm food.... No! Ghosts! "Yes but first we need to meet our spiritual advisor."

Jean: "Right!" She looked back down at the pink board and their hands on the planchette. "Ooooooooh, ghostie! Here ghostie, ghostie, ghostie!"

Beth: "Ghostieghostighostie!" Beth coaxed along with her bestie then paused, "I need a wee."

Jean: "Ghosties make you have to pee?" She giggled, then sat back, taking her hand off the board. "The bathroom up here works, just don't let the cats lock you in."

Beth: "No one can lock me in... as long as I'm allowed to break the door a bit." She got to her feet and hurried in the direction of the bathroom.

Jean: Now that Jean was sitting alone in the dotted darkness, she listened to the nothing going on in the building. Sure, she could hear Beth down the hall in the bathroom, but she could hear something else. Scratching? Scratching!

Beth: Ahhhh so much better. Beth hummed happily to herself while she peed.

Jean: Oh my God. Had they actually summoned a demon?! Jean looked down at the board, then back up and around. She got up off the pouf and retreated to the safety of the dance cage. It was in a corner! That was safer! WHY WAS IT LOUDER?! She screeched and bolted.

Beth: Beth heard screeching while pulling up her trousers and wandered back out into the hall, "Jeannie? Did our homohorror goose you?"

Jean: "SSSHHH! LISTEN!" Jean had made her way down the hall and tackled her friend.

Beth: "Okay..." she listened and listened and all she could hear was Jean's panicked breathing, "What am I listening to?" she looked around for clues.

Jean: "Something is scratching!" She said it quickly and then pressed her lips together to meet Beth's eyes. It'sademon!Wedidit!

Beth: Are you sure it's not rats? Beth tried to pull her ears away from the sounds of Jean and listen for other sounds.

Jean: "RATS?! We don't have rats!" Did they? Her expression was horrified and she looked around in new terror. "We have two cats! What are you for!?!" She yelled it down the stairs.

Beth: "We should get the cats! And the dog! They can ghost detect!" Beth determined.

Jean: "I don't want our children to get possessed!" She flailed a little. "Or eaten by rats!" The idea of rats got her over her fear a little and she flipped on a light to look for the source of the sound.

Beth: "Gah!" Blind! She was blind!

Jean: Jean was a little blind too, but she was determined, so she started for the corner where the cage lived, which was also filled with boxes from the farm. As she approached, Jean spotted a darting shadow and screamed again.

Beth: Beth blinked her eyeballs into submission, "Okay let's see if we can telepath a ghostie." She opened up her mind in detection mode. Jeannie: Check. Pupper: Check. Kitties: Check, check.

Jean: The shadow wasn't that big, but it was fast. She started moving boxes - at first with her hands and then her teke when she remembered she had it. "Figaro! Dupero! You had ONE job!"

Beth: Tiny tiny scaredie brains. So not demons or ghosties. Sad. "I bet I can get 'em...."

Jean: "Get 'em?!" She looked over at Beth. "Oh, get 'em. Ew, let's not mashed potato them or anything! Dead mice we can't find! Nope!" Jean shifted a box and it twanged. What now?!

Beth: "Noooo I can play sheepdog..." She concentrated on gathering all the tiny scared brains together, "Where you want 'em? In the bath?"

Jean: Jean concentrated and now she could feel the little bitty brains too. How had she missed them before?! She was as useless as the cats!

Jean: "Um, let me find a box and we can take them outside..." She opened the top of the large box that'd made the sound since it was otherwise fairly light. Inside was an acoustic guitar. Huh.

Beth: "I could pied piper them out the front door but they'd just come back so we might have to go on an adventure...."

Jean: The box was otherwise empty except for a smaller box of what looked like sheet music and books. "Um, we can do that. Oh! Maybe we can suggest they not come back!" She carefully lifted the instrument out of the box and went across the room to set it on the pouf.

Beth: "Okay but you better do that part in case I melt their teeny tiny brains..." she started the procession into the centre of the room.

Jean: "Ew, good point..." She grabbed the smaller box inside the box and set it aside, picking up the empty box and eeping as she skipped over the little line of rodents. "Impressive!"

Jean: Jean laid the box on its side for the mice to march inside. "You are the pied piper!"

Beth: "I'm a psychic ninja. No one can escape." Except maybe insects. She hadn't tried it on bugs.

Jean: Jean used her teke to pick up the box of scared rodents and started to float the entire traveling circus to the stairs. "Okay, meesies," she started, narrowing her eyes to make an impression on their little tiny brains - but not too much of an impression! "You really wanna live in that building down the street, got it? Not here. Those hood rats need some friends, and you're perfect!"

Beth: Beth giggled at the suggestion as she held the little rats in position in the box.

Jean: They all marched (floated) downstairs, where they picked up a curious puppy. The cats clearly had no fucks to give and stayed on the bed. Down they went to the first floor and out the door into the sticky hot night.

Beth: "Go little furry pigeons! Off to your new home! Where they have beer and hookers!" Beth bid farewell to the critters in the box.

Jean: The boxed rodents scampered off into the weeds in the empty lot next door to the tenement and Jean took a fast look around for human hood rats before she picked up Breathless. "You get a pass because you're just a baaaby, but your brothers? Useless!"

Beth: "I think we should give them a talking to so it doesn't happen again," Beth determined. "After snacks."

Jean: She instantly forgot yelling at her cats after rubbing her face in some Breathless fluff as they headed back inside. "Snacks schmacks! Doordash time!"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 1/16 Issue: Demon a Go Go

Post by Esynthia »

If they had accidentally killed the rats, they would've definitely had ghosts, though.

This was super fun, y'all XD