6/25 Issue: Sex Bender > Emo Ice

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

6/25 Issue: Sex Bender > Emo Ice

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: After ‘Klingons Don’t Say ‘I Love You’’

Jamie: Jamie pushed the door shut behind him with his foot and tossed his keys on the small table in the entry. So much moving. So sore. Too many dupes reabsorbed to even attempt to stay drunk. Too many secrets rolling in his head. He sat on the stairs and put his head in his hands, massaging his temples with his thumbs. Why wasn't black-out drunk ever a thing? Because too many dupes. Fucking dammit.

Jean: While her fiance was hard at work helping the dumb ice dude move out of his house, Jean had been lounging in a pile of floof. The floof was made up of fluffy pillows that had magically migrated from her apartment to his building and their fluffy children. Jean snorted awake from her doze when Breathless heard daddy downstairs. "Ow! Mommy's hair!"

Jamie: Jamie frowned at the yelp from upstairs and looked slowly up at the ceiling with an arched eyebrow. And then he heard the clatter of puppy nails trying to get purchase on the wood floor. He turned in time to catch a flying furball to the face and he laughed as he caught her and was assaulted with kisses. "Hiya, pup. Missed you, too. ACK!" Jamie flailed when her tongue slipped in his mouth on accident and he turned his head immediately.

Jean: "She frenched you!" Jean felt his panic while she was still flailing her way out of the pile of pillows. The cats sprang from the bed and fled in different directions and she floated out of the covers. Freedom!

Jamie: Jamie's mouth was pressed tightly shut so he didn't answer her right away until he remembered he could. Yep...

Jean: She giggled in both their heads and floated toward the steps to go meet her man. Did you have fun playing with your friend?

Jamie: Friend? What friend? Playing? Who was playing? Calm. The fuck. Down. Jamie took a breath and snuggled Breathless once she calmed a bit, too. "Yeah, he's got everything moved in now. I think, anyway. What'd you do all day?"

Jean: "I sold weed, duh." She could see him now and - oh, why was he freaking out?! "Are you okay, baby?"

Jamie: "So nothing to report from your end on the day? Just weed sales?" He rolled his shoulders in his coat and set the dog down so he could stand up. "Yeah, fine. Sore. We made dupes do all the work. But, of course, that means I did all the work when I reabsorbed them."

Jean: She plunked to the ground and ruffled Breathless' ears, then went back up on her toes to hug him. "Awww, do you need a massage?"

Jamie: Jamie grinned and wrapped her in a tight hug. "Babe, I could do with more than a massage. How about a brain wipe, too, so I can pretend the soreness is from some fun we had." And... the other stuff wouldn't be there at all.

Jean: "No mindwipes for you!" Jean snuggled into him.

Jamie: "Maybe there's a happy medium somewhere... Liiiike... Sex so good right now that I completely forget the original reason I'm sore and attribute it to the stair sex instead?"

Jean: "Now I can get behind that! And under it, and on top of it, and... maybe sideways somehow..."

Jamie: Jamie slowly peered around her to look at the dog happily panting and perched on the stairs watching them. "Maaaybe it's not the best idea after all. At least not here."

Jean: "Aww, are you feeling shy?" She could tell where he was looking and it made her grin. And goose him.

Jamie: He squawked in surprise and then laughed, "No." Jamie made a face and looked back at Jean. "She just tried to french me. I'm not inclined to let her think she can lick other things, too." He shuddered and made a noise of disgust.

Jean: Jean giggled. "No threesomes with the dog?" Obviously, she was not into that either, but she totally wanted to give him some shit.

Jamie: "Babe! Gross." He wrinkled his nose. "I'm not even in the mood to go somewhere else for it now." But that brings up other things. Like talking about what was talked about. ... Exactly. "Buuuut... Maybe I could be persuaded?"

Jean: "Not... in the mood?!" Jean let her mouth fall open in shock. "I... gotta get you to the hospital. Like, now." She looked at Breathless, then up the stairs. "Baby girl! Go get my phone! I need to call Doctor McCoy!"

Jamie: Jamie rolled his eyes, but laughed despite himself, scooping her up with only a slight wince in protest because of his aching muscles. "I'm fine. Just... Grossed out to the extreme." He carried her to the den and dropped her playfully onto the sofa.

Jean: That was for the best, since Breathless was just dancing in place and then bouncing after them to the sofa, boofing all the way. "I have grossed you out? Me?! Moi? Myself? That's also totes impossible!" She giggled when she landed and raised both arms to wriggle her fingers at him.

Jamie: "My own brain grossed me out, you just egged it on!" He grinned and slid easily down into her grasp, kissing her softly. "Bobby's a mess, babe. He's completely nuts. I should've brought some of your weed to him to help him chill."

Jean: "I thought he did all his own chilling," she laughed, snuggling into him once he was on the sofa with her.

Jamie: Jamie laughed, impressed at her catching his pun. "Only sometimes." He took a deep breath once she was settled, smelling her hair, then kissed the top of her head. "I tried to get him to go on a sex bender to get his mind off of Paige and Rogue, but he said no. I can't believe he said no to that! He wants to wait for Rogue. Like... What?!"

Jean: "A sex bender?!" She shook her head and craned her neck back to look at him, then blink-blinked. "Wait for her for what?"

Jamie: "Yeah, like a drug or drinking bender... But with women instead of substances." He shrugged, "Best way to kick feelings." Oh. Lying was not an option. But what was? "Foooor.... Her to not be with Tony?"

Jean: Jean narrowed her eyes at him. "Best way to kick feelings?" She totes knew he was trying to distract her, but it wasn't gonna work. Not this time. Nope.

Jamie: "Yeah! Y' know... Because his wife left him and he's gotta deal with the fact that Rogue's with the highest level of celebrity in the world. Lots of feelings to kick. Sex with random women, who are not prostitutes, is a great way to deal with that."

Jean: "Is it really now?" She knew what he meant, but now, after months back together, she kind of wanted to know. Sort of. Maybe. "Because that's what you did?"

Jamie: It's a trap. Not a trap. She wouldn't trap. It's. A. Trap. "Well... Um." TRAP. Don't lie, though. ... "I mean... Yeah?"

Jean: Wow, he fessed up. Jean moved to play with his hair since she could feel him freaking out a bit. "That soon? Like... after an epic misunderstanding? Oooor finding out your best friend is in love with you and your wife is leaving you..." She smirked a bit. "You know. Theoretically."

Jamie: "No... I, um," Jamie cleared his throat and enjoyed the pettings, but didn't want to look at her yet. "I waited a couple of months. But Bobby needs a distraction now before he does something stupid or dangerous. Or both." He looked at her then, worry showing in his eyes. "Something that could put you in danger, too, since you're on the team with him."

Jean: "He's got crazy powers," she agreed, thinking about this possibility that she hadn't even considered. Jean gave him a soft kiss and scritched his scalp a bit. "A couple of months, huh?"

Jamie: Why did she keep asking about it? TRAP. How can she stop?! DISTRACT. Jamie's eyes slowly closed halfway at the scritching and he ignored her question, dipping down for a kiss instead.

Jean: Ooo, a distraction! Jean closed her eyes and thoroughly enjoyed the kiss. When they broke apart, she booped his nose with hers. "I know what you're doing."

Jamie: "I would hope so. I've only been doing it for about 15 years. Although, not all of those years were with you."

Jean: Jean did that math with a raised brow, then giggled. "Imaginary girls don't count, babe." She gave him another quick kiss. "I'm not mad, or anything. It's just... it's a part of your life I missed, and now that we're never gonna be apart like that again I was just... filling in the blanks."

Jamie: That also is a trap. Don't say a word about the book. "Blanks filled then?"

Jean: She cocked her head. "What book?"

Jamie: .....ak;gjlrgjrwaigerjfrijnarf. Jamie cleared his throat. "Um. The one I offered to Bobby."

Jean: Jamie couldn't look more uncomfortable if she'd suggested Dr. McCoy check his prostate or something. It was kind of hilarious. "You have a book?" She was trying not to laugh now. "That's... very organized?" OMG she wanted to read this now.

Jamie: "Just names and numbers... I rarely went to the same chick more than a handful of times, but I liked to keep up with the ones who I knew were clean and not," he made a face, "weird?"

Jean: "Weird as in they wanted to keep you for their own, I bet." She gave him a scritch and had a thought. Oh. "I wonder if we had any, um... overlap."

Jamie: "There were a few of those... But weird as in... Wanted to have a threesome... With me." Overlap? His eyebrows rose and he stared at her in silence for a moment. Was that weird? Hot? Normal? Weird. "Oh."

Jean: "You mean you never did that?" It came out sounding more surprised than she'd intended, but, well, she was surprised. "Oh?" He felt kind of confused. "I told you... just girls for me," she shrugged. "It was easier."

Jamie: "Of course not! Ew, Jeannie." Jamie blinked at her at the next bit. "Well... Yeah. But... To think that we may have overlapped... Kind of defeats the purpose of not being together and sleeping with other people to get past each other, doesn't it?"

Jean: "Well it's not gay if it's yourself, right?" She shrugged. "I don't think that strategy worked too well anyway." Jean gave him a soft smile and brushed her fingertips over his cheekbone. "I'm glad it didn't. Now. At the time I wished it had."

Jamie: "Me too," he conceded. "But... If we had overlap, we were still basically sleeping with each other. Sooo... We never stopped." Jamie gave her a grin and waggled his eyebrows.

Jean: "See, that's one way to look at it." Jean giggled and gave him another kiss for his cheesy grin, then settled herself in his arms.

Jamie: He gladly accepted that kiss and gave her one more for good measure before thinking back to Bobby. "I'm not worried his powers are going to hurt you, babe. I'm worried his emotional desires will."

Jean: Her nose wrinkled. "He wants to fuck me, too?"

Jamie: "No! I mean... Who wouldn't, really. But no!" He frowned at her, "Bobby would be less than ice if I found out he wanted to fuck you. Mine."

Jean: "Well, true... I'm very fuckable." She snuggled into him. "And very yours," she agreed. "So what do you mean? I don't think I'll slip and fall on his emo ice."

Jamie: Emo ice. HA! Jamie fought laughing at that, and was able to do everything but keep the grin off his face. "When people are emotional, they make stupid decisions. Rash decisions. That affect more than themselves."

Jean: "Oh, definitely. Like running away and breaking hearts and thinking you'll die alone with a dozen cats." She nodded.

Jamie: "Thaaaat's not quite Bobby's style, I don't think. The last time he was emotional he led a team to try and kill Nathaniel Essex."

Jean: "I don't know, cats are great listeners." Hmm, yeah, she remembered hearing about that. It involved Rachel, after all. "Maybe we can point him at Rott, too."

Jamie: "Babe. I don't want you being on a team like that. You can't do that kind of thing when driven by emotion... It gets people killed."

Jean: "I get what you're saying, but at this rate I don't think this team is ever even going to take off." She fussed with the collar of his shirt and rested her head against his shoulder. "So it might be a moot point. And you really think he's that fucked up? That he might go, well, rogue. Over Rogue?"

Jamie: "She told him she's going to leave the President. Hell will rain down on that building over this."

Jean: Jean shot upright to gape at him. "She's gonna whaaaat?!"

Jamie: "I told you! It's bad, babe!"

Jean: "Damn, if that's true she must have it as bad as he does."

Jamie: "Well... Yeah, I would hope so since she's about to break the heart of the most powerful man in the world."

Jean: "Wooooow. That's - he just told you this?" Jean cocked her head and closed her mouth, then gave him a little shove. "That's what you were hiding!"

Jamie: Jamie flailed theatrically at the shove. "I told him I wouldn't be able to keep it from you! Even if I wanted to. He told me anyway, the dummy."

Jean: "I knew something was up with you! You were being all mister shifty brains!"

Jamie: "Yeah, yeah, I know..." Jamie gave her a proper puppy pout in apology. "Forgive me? I didn't want to keep it from you."

Jean: Jean's own eyes widened at the sad-eyed pout that had totes gotten him laid years ago when he'd first given it to her at a cold mini golf course in New York. She giggled and shook her head. "You're so lucky you're adorable."

Jamie: A slow smile replaced the pout, "You love it." Jamie pulled her down to snuggle him again, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "And me."

Jean: "I do," she laughed, cuddling into him again. "So... if she's really gonna leave Tony Stark and end up with Bobby it sounds like the problem is solved. No emo ice."

Jamie: "She didn't give him a timeframe... And after he's fixed, then you have to worry about some presidential super billionaire genius emo...ness." He frowned at his wording but he really didn't have any better phrasing.

Jean: "Do you think he'll really care? It's Tony Stark. He's, like, a giant manwhore." She smirked and prodded his side. "Way worse than you."

Jamie: "I wasn't a manwhore!" ...Much. "And he bought the woman a house, Jean. A mansion. AND he told her he loved her which is something I don't think anyone has heard him say since he was a toddler talking to a nanny."

Jean: Jean grinned at his outrage. "Well... okay, maybe he will care, but still. It's not like he's gonna blow up the building because he's pissed at those two."

Jamie: "I won't put anything past a man with his amount of power, reach, and funds. Not a single thing." Jamie took her hand in his and pulled it up between them to kiss the backs of her fingers. "I like Tony, I think he's pretty cool. But I also know how dangerous someone can be when they want to protect something they love. Or get it back from someone else."

Jean: She wrapped her fingers over his hand. "Yeah. Love makes everybody kinda nuts." Jean sighed and wriggled up to kiss his jaw, then leaned her head against his. "So... what? I'm not quite ready to just, like, quit the team. Tempted, after... what happened, but I hadn't really planned to."

Jamie: "I don't want you to quit, babe. I know you love doing it and I don't want you to not do it just because I'm worried." He sighed and closed his eyes to think for a moment. What happened. When they lost their baby. When he almost lost her. "I just want you to be super aware and careful. Don't let your guard down and don't agree with any plan that seems like it could be even the least bit driven by emotion?" That's a ridiculous ask, dummy.

Jean: "Okay." Jean watched his face when he closed his eyes, getting hints of his thoughts. "I am careful, and for most things, my powers are awesome for protection." She sighed a bit. "Bobby is actually the only other mutant we know who fits doctor blue man's definition of, like, crazy powerful."

Jamie: Jamie held her tight and kissed her forehead. "Even crazy powerful doesn't mean all-protected."

Jean: "I know. And without my powers I'm a skinny chick with great hair and a big mouth."

Jamie: That made him smile and he gave her a small squeeze. "And that big mouth is something I'd like to come home to me every day intact. For many reasons." Jamie leaned his head back to look her in the eyes. "Would you prefer the nice ones or the dirty ones?"

Jean: Jean grinned, then giggled when she had a thought and her expression turned wicked. "Would the dirty ones ever include a couple of you at once? Because now I'm intrigued."

Jamie: Jamie groaned and rolled off of the couch, narrowly missing Breathless who had been lying near the arm of it. "Noooooooo."

Jean: Breathless quickly picked up this new game and pounced him with a happy squeak and wagging, floofy tail. Jean cackled.