2/19 Issue: Possessed?

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/19 Issue: Possessed?

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple of days after It Made Less Sense in Canon

Jamie: Jamie spun his hammer on his palm as he walked through the third floor, heading for his stack of scrap lumber to see if he could find a piece to fit the cabinet edging. He passed the pole and pouf with an internal shudder then dropped his hammer on his foot when his brain caught up with him. "OW! Sonuvabitch! Fucking hell!" Jamie dropped to one knee and put pressure on the top of his foot.

Jamie: Once the pain had ebbed enough for him to see, he looked over his shoulder and saw what had made him hesitate. She'd found his guitar. Dammit. He took a few steadying breaths, trying to ease the throbbing, then stood and haltingly walked over to pick it up. "What the fuck?! JEAAAAN!" A fucking ouija board?!

Jean: Jean was chill. Real chill. As chill as some gummies, her cats, and some soothing music could get her. Home from work for the day, she was lounging on the second floor sofa and humming along to a song when her foot started to hurt. "Ow, what the hell?!" It took a moment for her to realize it wasn't her foot, it was Jamie's, and he was freaking out upstairs.

Jean: She popped out an earbud when she heard him yelling, since ofc he forgot she could hear him in her head even without her ears. Well, normally, when she wasn't in the zone anyway.

Jean: OMG what's wrong?! He felt panicked and she was scrambling out of her fuzzy nest, displacing cats along the way, when she caught a glimpse through his eyes of the ouija board. Oooooops...

Jamie: Jamie picked up his guitar as gingerly as his flailing would allow, touching only the neck of it, and holding it out from him like it stank. The face he was making was also as if it stank. BURN IT! THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW! SMASH IT TO BITS! In a fit of fury, he kicked at the pouf with his uninjured foot, trying to knock the Ouija board off. It was pink, so there was no denying who it belonged to.

Jean: Jean flew up the steps and stopped when she saw him holding the guitar - she'd meant to ask him about that! - aaaand giving an impressive death glare to the pink pouf. "Heeeeeey..." She'd meant to put that board away, along with the other ghost hunting equipment and the bouncy cat balls, but her and Beth had been wasted that night, and then she'd been busy, dammit!

Jamie: "JEAN! I'm going to have to burn my guitar! It was touching your fucking devil hotline! Which shouldn't even be in my home in the first place! Fuck!" Jamie felt gross and tingly all over. Like he could vomit from the upset happening. He didn't even care about the other stuff. But the ouija board? And his guitar on top of it?!

Jean: "Devil hotline?! It is your guitar! You can play the guitar?!" Jean looked down at the board and floated over to pick it up. "This thing didn't even work, it's fine. The building's totally not haunted, it was just mice."

Jamie: "I know it's not haunted, Jean! But you probably summoned demons with that thing! Why would you bring that here?! Are you out of your mind?!" He glanced back at his guitar, making sure to keep his arm out far from him. "Yeah, it's mine! Whose did you think it was? Figaro's?!"

Jean: "Well I didn't know, it was in boxes from the farm. It could have belonged to your parents." She picked up the board and looked at it. "I didn't summon any demons!" She totes wasn't sharing their jokes about drag demons now! "Beth brought it when we ghost hunted that night you were on a stake out."

Jamie: "Ghost hunting doesn't require ... THAT!" He needed sage if there was anyway to save his guitar. Pronto. "I have to go out now. I want that thing burned in a garbage pile outside of this building when I get back."

Jean: Jean looked at the board then back at him. "Why don't I just give it back to Beth? I should give her the other stuff back too..." She kicked at one of the cat toys and it lit up. She gave him a confused look, head tilted. "Why are you going out?"

Jamie: "I don't care about the rest of it, Jean! I care about THAT!" Jamie blinked at her then shook his guitar a little. "If I'm going to be able to ever play this again and not burn it in the pile with the portal to hell, I have to cleanse it with sage! I don't have any because I never thought I would fucking need it."

Jean: To say Jean was surprised by his reaction was an understatement, and she was starting to realize he was way, way more religious than he let on. "Why are you so freaked out about a board game?"

Jamie: "It's not a board game, Jean! It's blasphemous devil worship and I won't have it in my house!" Ugh, he was gonna hurl.

Jean: "It's totes a board game... it's in Barbie font!" She held up the board to show him, then thought better of it. "Okay, I'll put it in my car and take it back to Beth tomorrow."

Jamie: "Don't do that! In your car?! Are you crazy?! Just fucking burn it!"

Jean: "Why would I burn it? It's totally a board game! Do you think I really thought I was gonna contact the afterlife, or hell, or whatever? We were just fucking around so there's no portal to hell or whatever."

Jamie: "It invites them in, Jean! I don't care about ghosts and spirits! I care about fucking demons! Get it out of my house and burn. It.."

Jean: Jean gathered the other ghost hunting tools with her teke and let them orbit her. "I'll take this stuff back to Beth now then."

Jamie: He started to bring his hand to his face for a nose pinch but then remembered it had the guitar in it and shoved it back out again. "Why would you put my guitar on it?! Did you want a demon to serenade you?! You couldn't have just asked me instead?! FUCK."

Jean: "Why are you holding it like that? We weren't even using the board when I found it. I told you, there were mice, and Beth and I rounded them up. We needed a box for them and the lightest box was the one with the guitar, so I pulled it out and we took the mice outside and let them go, with instructions to go infest the hood rats down the block."

Jamie: "So you couldn't have left my guitar literally anywhere else?! I'm holding it like this because it's the only way I can hold it until it's been cleansed or destroyed."

Jean: Jean closed her eyes and did a breathing exercise. His crazy was harshing her buzz. For realsies. "I'm sorry I put it there, but the pouf is soft so I thought it was a good place." Aaaand then she forgot, because they were hella high, and mice!

Jamie: "The pouf, sure! The satanic object? Not so much!" Jamie's jaw was clenching so hard he thought he might break his molars. "How high did you have to be to think that it was ever okay to bring that in here?"

Jean: Her eyebrows went up and she crossed her arms, over the board. "Pretty fucking high, apparently."

Jamie: "Apparently!" Now she was hugging it! "Get it away from you!"

Jean: "Why? It's just cardboard, Jamie. I'm not afraid of it!"

Jamie: "Obviously! But you should be careful and get rid of it!"

Jean: "I will!" She turned in place and so did her mini orbiting system and everything floated toward the stairs. "I'll take it back to Beth, and we can talk when you're being less insane!"

Jamie: "You're the one who needs to be less insane," he called after her. "Burn it, dammit!"

Jean: Jean held up one hand as she floated away. "Whatever!" She'd had too many gummies to drive, so she was either going to have to fly or just put the stuff in the car and hope Jamie forgot about it. Sigh. So much for relaxation.

Jamie: "Don't 'whatever' me! Beth doesn't even like pink! Burn the God-forsaken item!"

Jean: "What good does burning it do? I could just return it, or even throw it away!" Not that she wanted to, because it was a gift! But still. Burn it? WTF.

Jamie: "It makes sure nobody else uses it! Ever!" Why did he have to explain that? He left the room, too, still holding his guitar far out from him. Maybe he could leave it in the front yard for long enough to go get the sage without it being stolen.

Jean: Oh, good, he was following her. Shit. Jean headed down the stairs, casting a forlorn look at the cozy spot on the sofa she'd abandoned. Her keys and purse rose to follow her procession.

Jamie: "Where are you going?! You can't put that in your car! You also can't drive right now!"

Jean: "I'm taking it back to Beth." Shit, busted. "Well if I can't just put it in my car and take it later I'll fly."

Jamie: "You're going to fly? Sure, makes complete sense. You're high as a kite, so why not be up in the air like one, too! Because that's not dangerous in this state either!"

Jean: "Well fine, then I'm gonna put it in my car and wait until I can drive to return it, because I'm not burning it!"

Jamie: "Why the hell not?! And like hell you are!"

Jean: Jean spun slowly in place and stared at him.

Jamie: "What?" He glared at her, "You really think I'll let you do something that reckless?"

Jean: "Let me do what? Put something in my own car? I don't need your permission to put something in my car, or your permission to drive over there, later as I clearly said." Her tone was calm now, eyes narrowed. "You want it out of your home. Fine. It will be out." And so would she if she had to sit in her car for the next three hours until she could drive.

Jamie: "You think I want that thing anywhere you're going to be?! Why the hell won't you just fucking burn it?"

Jean: "I'm not going to burn it. It is a piece of cardboard, but Beth gave it to me. I'm not going to burn a gift. I can just give it back to her." Jean turned back around and floated down the stairs to the front door.

Jamie: "Or you could chop it into tiny pieces and burn it and just never tell her."

Jean: Jean rolled her eyes so hard she wondered if she strained something and floated outdoors into the summer heat. "Or, like a reasonable person, I just put it in my car." The key fob beeped and her little red sports car unlocked and Jean set herself down to walk the last few feet to the car, plucking her orbiting bodies from the air to put them in her back seat. There was an empty bag around here somewhere.

Jamie: Jamie watched her in silence, absolutely stunned that she was being so careless and stupid. "Good thing I don't fit in your car. Our kid won't go in there either, just so ya know."

Jean: She stopped moving, then straightened up to stare at him. "Our kid is dead." Now she wanted to cry on top of her annoyance at his ridiculous overreaction.

Jamie: Fucking hell. He bent to carefully set his guitar on the grass and then hastily wiped his hand off on his jeans. "The next one, Jean."

Jean: She sniffled and shoved the last things into the car, closing the door. "You probably won't even touch me now since I'm possessed or something."

Jamie: "You're not possessed, but you are absolutely insane. And we both need scalding showers." He shuddered. Jamie felt disgustingly dirty.

Jean: "You knew I was insane coming in," she sniffed again. "And you're pretty insane too." Jean eyed him and the guitar on the ground. "You're going to burn your own guitar?"

Jamie: He made a face at the guitar. "If I can't get sage, I'll have to. I don't want to, but I sure as hell don't want the negative energy that's likely attached to it now."

Jean: "You know I sell sage at the dispensary. The hippies like it. Redd likes it." She shrugged and looked back at the guitar. "So you play guitar? There are so many things on your list of random skills, babe."

Jamie: "Great. Then I'll go get some from her now." He blinked at her, "I had to kill time somehow when I couldn't afford to pay the electric bill when I was in high school. It was my dad's. He never used it, but I thought I could."

Jean: "So you taught yourself..." There were so many things she didn't know about him, despite all the time they'd spent together. Jean sighed and moved closer to him, holding out her hand to see if he'd take it.

Jamie: Jamie eyeballed her hand, one eye squinting in mistrust. "We need scalding showers," he repeated. He pushed past his super uncomfortableness and took her hand because he knew she needed him to. But he was back to trying not to vomit from the upset of it all.

Jean: She could feel his turmoil and it made her sigh, but she was glad he was willing to touch her contaminated hand. "Okay, so we can take a shower, and you can get the sage, and maybe later you can play something for me?"

Jamie: "Sage first, then shower, then I guess I can." That made him want to hurl for a totally different reason. "Burn the damned board."

Jean: Jean rolled her eyes. "Fine, sage first, then shower..." She grinned. "You can really play?! That's cool, babe!"

Jamie: "...do you have any sage here?" Jean was way too excited for the guitar. Maybe if they got the sage out of the way, he could distract her during the shower. "Kind of. It's been a while."

Jean: "I don't keep sage around. It stinks. Weed already smells bad enough on its own." Jean's perky nose turned up and she took a step into him to turn on the big eyes. "I'm sure you're great."

Jamie: Shit. Ugh. His chest hurt and he took a slow, deep breath to try and expand it without pain. "I'll, uh. I'll be back then." Don't get in Baby like this! ...FUCK. "Gonna... Take a walk."

Jean: Jean fought a smirk at his reaction and sidled juuuuust a bit closer. "I'll be here... waiting...for you..." she made her voice go a little breathy.

Jamie: "Go ahead and take that shower, then. Extra hot. Scalding." He gave her the fastest kiss he could and then turned to head in the opposite direction from his guitar. "And leave the guitar there."

Jean: Damn. So much for showering with him, unless she took two. Good idea. "Fiiiiine," she pouted, then looked at the guitar when he brought it up. "But what if somebody steals it?"

Jamie: "Then it's not meant to be mine and the devil can keep it," he waved over his shoulder. Not that he liked that idea, but he didn't want it anywhere in the building until he could properly cleanse it.

Jean: Jean found herself rolling her eyes again. Fine. She'd wait until he drove off and bubble it then. Ner.

Jamie: But he didn't drive off. Because there was no way he was getting in Baby while tainted. So he kept walking.

Jean: Her eyebrows kept going up as he kept walking and finally he disappeared around a corner. She blinked and looked over at Baby. "We're both abandoned." Then, she bubbled the guitar and went inside.

Jamie: After a very long walk, Jamie finally made it back to the tenement and furrowed his brow at the sight of his guitar in a bubble. JEAN! She never fucking does what she's told, does she? Can't leave well enough alone. Jamie grumbled under his breath and stood in front of his guitar, waiting for her.

Jean: Oh good, he had brain tone. Inside, Jean was combing out her wet hair. A little spa treatments had done wonders to bring back her happy mood, but alas, her pissy man was back. Yeeeees? She set aside her comb and cinched her thin bathrobe and started the float to the door.

Jamie: Unbubble my guitar! I wanted it left alone! He glowered at the door, waiting for her to show up. Can't you just do what I ask? Just once?!

Jean: I didn't bring it inside. I left it where it was. The door opened and she floated outside then set herself down on her feet. She smoothed down the silky material of her short robe and skipped over to him, dismissing the bubble. "Nobody came near it anyway."

Jamie: "So then would it have been bad to just leave it alone? Fuck, Jean. C'mon." He lit the sage with the lighter he'd picked up at the corner store on the way back. "You can see how stressed I am about this, can't you?"

Jean: And she was keeping her opinions on that stress to herself, like a good girl. "I see it, I feel it, but I don't understand it really."

Jamie: "That's not the point!" He fanned the sage a bit to get it smoking better. "If it's bigger than my fear of fire, it shouldn't matter!" Jamie knelt beside his guitar and, lifting it up with two fingers, started waving the stick around it.

Jean: "Do you want me to float it, so you don't have to touch it?" She bit back a snarkier response. "Can you tell me why it freaks you out so much?"

Jamie: "No, I need to do this. Thanks." The less she dealt in all things demonic, the better as far as he was concerned. "Demons, Jean. They're real, okay? You don't fuck with evil like that. We've had enough evil to last twenty lifetimes with just humans and other mutants and you want to bring actual demons into the mix?! C'mon."

Jean: "...but demons aren't really real?" She shook her head, pulling her wet hair over her shoulder as she watched him with the stinky sage.

Jamie: Jamie just looked up at her and stared for a long minute, then went back to trying to cleanse his guitar, praying in his head the whole time. "After everything we've seen and learned, that's what you're going to say isn't real?"

Jean: "Okay, you have a point there..." And he did, although she was still skeptical. "I just... my family's not religious. Like, at all. It's all... culturally and sociologically relevant but not, like, real."

Jamie: "It's real, Jean. And even if you weren't sure, why the hell would you risk it?" He picked up his guitar by the neck, now that at least that part felt better, and worked on the bottom that had just been sitting on the grass. "Also! You know my family is. ...Was. I am, anyway. So why do something that basically jumps around taunting what I believe? Why the hell would you do that? To me of all people."

Jean: "I've had religious friends who've used them. That's how I even knew how. We did it at a slumber party when I was a kid." She sighed. "I didn't know it was going to upset you or I wouldn't have done it."

Jamie: "It's fine," he grumbled, still praying for blessings while he worked. Almost done. Then the house. No. Her car. "Just... Burn it."

Jean: That again. "Babe. I'm sober now, I can just take it back to Beth and then you can sage my car, okay?"

Jamie: Jamie sighed and shook his head. "You just don't get it. I don't want you anywhere near that. After everything we've been through..." He closed his eyes and took a breath. "Why risk it? I don't want you to risk it. I don't want you to be hurt ever again. I'm trying to tell you to do what I know needs to be done to protect you and you just won't listen to me..."

Jean: "No, I don't get it, so that's why I was trying to ask what upsets you so much about it," she said, their words crossing a little until she stopped to listen. "I just didn't see it as a risk. "I mean, like, now I get that you believe it's a risk, and you're trying to protect me. I appreciate that."

Jamie: "I was raised Episcopalian, Jean. That's basically Catholic Lite. Of course I believe it's a risk." Jamie rubbed his forehead with the back of his hand and sighed again. "Who's to say Arcade wasn't some form of demon? There's no DNA left to test."

Jean: Jean had no idea what Catholic Lite entailed, but apparently there were no ouija boards allowed. "Okay... I'm willing to believe Arcade could have been a demon..." She shuddered in the heat and wrapped her arms around herself.

Jamie: "Me too," Jamie responded quietly. He finally felt like he could breathe easier now, so that must mean his guitar was fully cleansed. Good. "Will you carry my guitar inside, babe? I need to shower now."

Jean: "Okay." She held out a hand and the guitar floated to her. Jean was still tempted to take a second shower, but she had the feeling he wasn't in the mood, and thinking about Arcade, she wasn't either.

Jamie: Jamie stood and, for good measure, blew some of the sage at Jean, then himself. "It makes me sick to think about anything possibly being in our home now... It could get you or one of our fur kids without us even knowing and I'd be powerless to stop it."

Jean: "Well, you've still got plenty of sage there," she nodded toward the bundle in his hand. "Maybe you can sage the building? Start up at the pouf?" If it made him feel better, she was willing to go along with making the building smell like an unwashed hippie in high summer.

Jamie: Actually, that wasn't a half bad idea. "And then, I'll have a priest come and bless the place for added security. I don't think we'd need it, but better safe than sorry." He gave her a small smile and leaned in to carefully kiss her, not wanting to touch her too much, just in case he was contaminated or something. "Back up to the scene of the crime then."

Jean: A priest?! Jean blinked, but then realized they'd probably need one of those when they got married, too, so she'd better get used to it. Jean smiled a little at the kiss. "Okay, I'll take this in," she said, taking the guitar in her hand.

Jamie: "You could... Come with me, if you wanted?" He rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "I mean, because, y' know, you could show me where to cleanse..." Was... was that an attempt at an apology? Woooow. Shut it.

Jean: She cocked her head, sensing a shift in the swirl of emotions in his head. "I can do that." Jean started back to the door and the at least somewhat air conditioned indoors.

Jamie: Jamie ran forward and opened the door for her, because he would've felt like even more of an ass if he didn't. "Was it just in the room upstairs?"

Jean: She smiled at him for opening the door. "Yup, it was just up there, for like five minutes... and then we got distracted. I don't think we summoned any demons."

Jamie: "Using it at all could open something up for them, Jean." Clearly, there was a lot he needed to teach her about how things worked. At least according to the church. And, therefore, according to him.

Jean: "Do you really think that's what Arcade was?" He had sucked them into another... world, for lack of a better word for it. Jean was inside now but her shiver had nothing to do with the AC and she found herself hugging the guitar on her way to the stairs.

Jamie: Jamie made a face, thinking through the question before answering. There wasn't a good answer, really. He followed her while he thought, finally speaking up when they got to the second floor landing. "Maybe. I've never seen anything like what he did. But, at the same time, I didn't think demons could be ... disposed of... so easily." Unless... No... Buuuut... "Unless I killed an innocent person who was a meat suit."

Jean: "Ew, meat suit." She got stuck on that for a moment and turned to look at him with a horrified expression. "Like, he was possessed?" Jean wasn't sure about any of this, but... "He wasn't a telepath, the times I had my powers I couldn't reach his mind, but his powers were crazy. Not like anything we've ever seen before..."

Jamie: "He could've possessed a human, Jeannie... A normal, everyday person." He shuddered involuntarily and kept walking, trying not to think about it and failing. "I dunno, babe. Anything's possible..."

Jean: "Yikes." Jean paused on the second floor and took the guitar to the sofa, putting it on the opposite end from her little fluffy nest, where the Figaros were still sleeping, joined by Breathless now. "Awwww, they're all cuddling."

Jamie: Jamie moved over to where she was and smiled. "Take a picture. This probably won't happen again anytime soon."

Jean: Jean didn't have her phone. Gasp! She hurried silently to the bedroom to grab it off the nightstand and came back to snap a picture... or five. "So fucking cute."

Jamie: It took everything he had to not burst out laughing when he watched Jean flip out a little and scurry from the room. "The cutest. And they're all ours."

Jean: "Such adorable babies." She sighed happily, then looked at the stinky twigs in his hand. "Okay, let's sage." The sooner this was over, the better.

Jamie: He grimaced, "Yeah... And then scalding shower for me." He gave her a quick once over. "And then you use your God-given talent to help me relax."

Jean: "Now that's what I wanna hear," she said, giving him a bright grin and pulling her damp hair back over her shoulder to give it a fluff. "And then you can play something for me, right?"

Jamie: Why hadn't she forgotten about that? The cute animals should've made her forget, dammit. "I guess...? But no promises I'll be good. Or that I'll be awake after we're fully destressed."

Jamie: "Then maaaaybe you should play before we destress! Playing is destressing, too, right?" Jean turned on the eyes, picking up his thoughts.

Jamie: "Ha! Definitely not, babe." Before they did anything, though, he wanted to finish saging, so he headed back up the stairs. "Not playing in front of anyone, anyway."

Jamie: "There's no reason to be nervous. It's just meee," she said, floating up to follow him up the stairs.

Jamie: "Just yooooouuu is more nerve wracking than a stranger. If you hate it, I have to see you again." Jamie paused, wanting her to go past him so he could sneak a little upskirt peek.

Jean: "Awwww, but I'll love it!" She caught that thought and was happy to float past him, giving a little shimmy while she went. "You know I love it when you sing, babe."

Jamie: "You love my singing, sure." Oh, there it was. He tilted his head slowly, grinning as he got the view he had been hoping for. "But you've not heard my guitar before. Hell, I've not heard my guitar in years."

Jean: Jean reached for the hem of her short robe and gave him a fast flash, giggling. "I set the box of music and stuff aside when we got the mice. It's on another box, so it's safe from rodents and demons."

Jamie: Jamie laughed and reached out to swat her ass playfully. "I'm mooning over you." He wrinkled his nose. "Maybe... You'll let me practice first? Make sure I remember chords and get some calluses back?"

Jean: "I can listen to you practice, too, you know. I'm not gonna judge you." She laughed at the swat and set down up on the third floor.

Jamie: "Maybe not. But I would judge me for fucking things up in front of you." He took a deep breath and resolutely headed for the room with the pole and the pouf.

Jean: Jean followed him, smoothing her robe. Once in the room, she went straight to the pole to lean against it. "Awww, don't be so hard on yourself."

Jamie: She was touching it again. Ew. "That's gonna need another round of sanitizing. Demons are filthy." Jamie paced the room as he waved the bundle of sage around, trying to focus on what he was doing, even though she was nearly naked.

Jean: "Does bleach kill demon cooties? That's what I used to get the chlamydia off." She watched him circling the room, head cocked. He was praying in his head again, but now he was distracted. By her. As he should be.

Jamie: He stopped at the pouf and made sure it got extra saging, since that's where the actual board sat, of course. "So glad you don't have chlamydia, babe. For many, many reasons."

Jean: "Um, me too?" That was among the top ten weirdest things he'd ever said to her, but his brain was otherwise occupied, so she'd allow it.

Jamie: After another moment, he took a deep, relieved breath, and stretched out his back. "Where else did you two go hunting for demons?"

Jean: Jean shrugged. "We were hunting ghosts, but we started here and then got distracted by the mice and never went back to it, sooo... this was it."

Jamie: "Ghosts don't answer to Ouija boards, Jean." He frowned at her. At least this was the only place. Thank God. Literally. Jamie swapped hands so the sage was in his left and he held out his right to her. "I love you. I want you safe. I can't keep you safe from demons. I know I said it already, but it bears repeating..."

Jean: Jean was pretty sure that was the whole point of them, but he was still kinda wiggy, so... "I'm sorry for freaking you out. No more demon summoning, 'kay?" She took his hand and pushed herself off the pole. "I love you too." Her nose twitched. "I don't love getting screamed at for something I had no idea was a big deal though, tbh."

Jamie: Jamie winced. "I'm sorry, Jean. I just kinda ... flipped." His nose twitched as he tried to hold back the joke, but he couldn't. "It was like I was possessed or something."

Jean: She tried not to smile at his joke. "Mmmhmm, little bit." Taking a step closer, she looked up at him. "Sooo, how about you take that shower and we'll make the day much, much better."

Jamie: "That's the best idea I've heard out of your mouth all day, Jeannie." Jamie leered at her and waggled his eyebrows. "Did you leave enough hot water for me?"

Jean: "I don't know about that, it was my idea to sage upstairs after all," she said, poking out her tongue. "I left enough hot water for both of us, if you want company."

Jamie: "That was a good idea, too," he conceded. "Buuuut, you do know I'm pretty much addicted to you, sooo..." Jamie grinned at that idea. "Let me wash off the demon first?"

Jean: "Okay, you do that, and then..." Jean untied the robe and shrugged it off her shoulders, catching it before it hit the floor. "You let me know when you want me."

Jamie: "Hhrnnng... Uhh." Words, man! "Is 'always' a good enough answer for that?"

Jean: "Mmmm, but I thought you wanted to shower by yourself..." Her hair was nearly dry and she played with a lock, which was curling over her shoulder. Without blow drying it, she had ringlets, but if she set foot outside again she'd look like a red poodle.

Jamie: "I..." The haaaiiiir... His hand moved as if it had a mind of its own, wrapping a curl around his finger. "Demons... Yeah... You, uh, you can come, too... As incentive to scald myself faster."

Jean: Jean grinned, unable to help herself. Damn she loved his little trick. She caught his wrist and dragged his hand toward her. "Not too hot, or I'll be a lobster. Soap works on demons, right?"

Jamie: "You can stand out of the spray and watch me touch myse- I mean, wash myself." Not to say there wouldn't be touching involved, though. "And then I can turn the temperature down. No boiled Jeannie."

Jean: That was probably as good as she was going to get. "I'd watch you wash yourself all day, baby," she said, giving him the elevator eyes for good benefit. Her eyes lingered in one particular spot and she smirked, then popped his index finger into her mouth.

Jamie: Jamie's stomach clenched and he instinctively leaned towards her, but at the last second, turned and bolted for the stairs. "Hurry up!"