2/1 Issue: It Made Less Sense In Canon

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

2/1 Issue: It Made Less Sense In Canon

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: At the same time as Issue: To Groveling!

Jean: As they pulled up in front of the really ridiculously huge and gorgeous house, Jean looked over at Jamie and gave him what she hoped was an encouraging grin. Her hand had been on his thigh for the entire drive and now she gave it a squeeze. "We can do this!"

Jamie: "Where's the 'we' in this, again?" He wrinkled his nose and reached down to give her hand an apologetic squeeze. "Sorry. I knew what you meant. I just... There's a lot riding on this babe. A lot."

Jean: "Hey, he ran tests on me, too," she defended with a pout. Jean was nervous too, so she didn't really take offense. "I know," she said, turning her hand to twine their fingers together.

Jamie: He leaned over and gave her a tender kiss. "No matter what happens, I love you. I want the results to be in our favor, but I really couldn't care less if they're not because I'll still have you."

Jean: Jean reached up with her free hand and ran her fingers through his hair. "And I love you. We'll be okay, and we'll be together."

Jamie: "Yep." He gathered his courage while looking in her eyes for a moment, then gave a nod before turning to get out. As always, he hustled around to her side before she had been able to get to the handle and opened her door for her. "How'd he sound on the phone? Optimistic? Sad? Cheery? Disgruntled?"

Jean: "Professional. He sounded... professional. Sooooo, absolutely impossible to tell." She made a face up at him, but still managed to swing her legs out and shimmy her shorts up a little higher before she got out.

Jamie: That trick would never get old. Nope. Not ever. He grinned at her gams, then turned the predatory smile up to meet her eyes. "Baby's been kinda lonely lately, ya know..."

Heather: Heather wondered how she'd suddenly earned the position of door answering monkey and opened a window on the top floor. Like hell was she using the stairs. Shifting her form part way, a cloud of embers flowed like a waterfull out of the window before coalescing in a pillar of fire on the drive way as she retook her human shape.

Jamie: Jamie caught the firelight from the corner of his eye and felt his heart speed up at the same instant that he nearly dove back into the car on top of Jean. He could totally climb over her and into the driver's seat and get gone in less than five seconds!

Jean: "Oh, has she? I'm so sorry, Baby. We'll have to-" Jean's flirting was cut off with a shriek when Jamie flailed and she felt his panic. From the corner of her eye, she saw fire and flared up herself in response.

Heather: Heather blinked at the reaction her appearance had caused and folded her arms to wait until whatever it was stopped happening.

Jamie: Jamie froze when Jean flared, squeezing his eyes shut while white-knuckling the steering wheel. "Babe," he squeaked out.

Jean: Jean had wrapped herself around Jamie and popped her eyes open at his squeak. "Shhh, you're fiiiiine," she assured, trying to let the fire go since the fire outside had turned into... an annoyed chick.

Jamie: "Fire," he croaked, "is not fine."

Heather: "Are you here or not here?" Heather decided to ask the two occupants of the driver seat.

Jean: "We're here!" Jean raised a hand from Jamie's midsection and waved, still in an awkward position mostly beneath him. "Babe, the fire's gone. Promise."

Jamie: "..." Jamie cracked an eye to look down at her and once he saw there was no fire, registered that he'd pinned her, and hastily moved. "Babe! I'm so sorry!"

Heather: Heather decided to move over to the door to see if she could help them back out of the vehicle because that was a tangle.

Jean: "I'm fine!" Her shorts were up her ass now and her hair was wild, but it was true. Jean giggled as Jamie scrambled back off her and right into the not-fire-woman.

Jamie: Jamie flailed and tried to step to the side, tangling his feet together as he also tried to turn to see what he'd hit, which pushed him into the side of Baby, and down he went to the ground. "Fucking... Don'tdothat!"

Heather: Heather reached out and easily hauled Jamie back up to his feet, "Which part am I not allowed to do?"

Jamie: "All... All of the parts."

Jean: Jean eeped a little at the woman hauling him up, then dragged herself out of the car, trying to unpick her hella wedgie.

Heather: "So I should drop you back onto the floor?"

Jamie: Jamie blinked at her, "Well I didn't ask to be picked up, but if you're slow enough to need me to really explain what I don't want you to do, I can." He was bristly before he had a minormajor panic. Now he was peeved.

Jean: Her shorts fixed, Jean turned her attention to her hair, and her shirt. Wrinkles!

Heather: Oh well now it was just tempting to drop him again. But she wasn't supposed to break the guests. What a shame. "I'm assuming Pietro is expecting you?" she changed the subject.

Jamie: "Yeah. He's expecting us, but we weren't expecting you."

Jean: Jean decided to roll with her messy hair and gave it a fluff. "He doesn't like fire. It's a thing. Sorry." Grabbing her purse, she stepped away from the car and closed the door, reaching for Jamie's hand.

Jamie: A thing? "Yeah. Being cooked alive a few dozen times'll do that to a guy." Jamie frowned and took Jean's hand. A thing, she said. Pfft.

Heather: "Well, I wasn't expecting to be on doorbell duty either so that makes two of us." Heather started for the front door, "For the record though, Pietro doesn't live in this place alone so there are others around. He's with the twins right now or I'm sure he'd be the one greeting you."

Jean: Yes, a thing! Did you really want me to go into your history with a stranger?! Apparently, since he just did it. Oh well. "Oh, sorry. If he's busy we can always come back some other time..."

Jamie: "There's more than you, him, and his kids, and he chose to send you? Made of fire person to greet us?" Wow.

Jamie: It's more than a 'thing', Jean. I embarrassed myself panicking so at least make it known that I have a very fucking valid reason to be that way. Can we go home?

Heather: "He's not busy, he's mediating. They're having a talk about using powers to steal each others stuff. He sent me because Harvey isn't here, Emma is cooking lunch and Sophie is not 'the help'." Heather rolled her eyes, "I thought it would be faster than using the stairs. Apparently I shouldn't take into account that sometimes visitors like to be indoors as soon as possible."

Jean: I'm sorry, she soothed, squeezing his hand and pressing herself against his side. I know it's more than a thing. "Okay, miss fire lady, I'm sorry we inconvenienced you. Can we either see Pietro if he's done mediating, or we can go home and try back some other time." Jean gave the woman a once over and a tight smile.

Jamie: The hand squeeze and the side pressing was helpful. He did enjoy all the touching. Jamie sighed. "At least let people get to the door first?"

Heather: "Where's the fun in that?" She opened the front door to let them inside, "He'll be down in a minute, you can wait in his office or the sitting room. Up to you."

Jamie: "Not causing fights. That's where the fun is." That was outside voice. Dammit. "Thanks. Wherever you want, Jeannie."

Jean: "Sitting room implies more sitting and less officing, so that sounds good. Thanks." Jean led the way inside and waited for fire lady to point them in the right direction.

Heather: Heather closed the front door, "Well how was I supposed to know that my mutation would freak you out?" she defended herself, "No one tells me anything..." she walked ahead of them to the sitting room.

Jamie: "I didn't say you were supposed to know. But a normal first-time meeting would be helpful. Just for future reference." Man, what was her problem? Had she been drowned as many times as he'd been burned alive or something?

Jean: Jean followed Heather and stayed close to Jamie, partially for his state of mind and partially for her own.

Heather: "If you think meeting me was bad, you should never meet Harvey or James," she opened the door to the comfortable sitting room, "Take a seat. Do you want coffee and snacks? I'm sure I can sneak some out of the kitchen while Emma is distracted."

Jamie: "Are they fire, too? Great." He blinked at the sudden niceties, "Uh. Sure?"

Heather: "No... James likes to inhabit the electics and Harvey likes to pop out of the water works unexpectedly. They're elemental mutants like me... just electricity and water instead.... Oh right, I'm Heather, by the way..."

Jean: "Coffee and snacks sound amazing," she said, and after a moment of deciding to let it go, she held out her hand. "I'm Jean."

Jamie: Jamie rolled his shoulders in his trench when Jean let go of his hand. "Jamie."

Heather: Heather gave Jean a smile and shook her hand, "Nice to meet you... sorry about making you shit your pants. I'll go get that coffee."

Jean: Fire lady disappeared and Jean went back to Jamie to go up on her toes and wrap her arms around his neck. "That was... a thing that happened."

Jamie: Jamie finally was able to breathe and snaked his arms around her waist. "Holy hell, babe. That was... I don't ever want to think about the sounds I made ever again." He leaned down to rest his forehead on hers and closed his eyes. "As if today wasn't stressful enough."

Jean: She couldn't help but laugh a little as she settled against him, closing her own eyes with a smile. Let's hope it's all easy street from here! Jean tried to project a bit more calm than she actually felt.

Jamie: His fingers worked along her spine, trying to help her relax in the only way he could in public. Easy Street or bust.

Jean: No busting, that's like the whole plan. Jean made a happy noise at his movements and gave him a quick kiss before she snuggled herself in under his chin.

Jamie: Jamie appreciated the kiss and rested his chin on top of her hair while he kept up the massage. What about ghost busting?

Jean: Then we know who to call, she giggled quietly and closed her eyes again to send him a more sincere wave of warm and fuzzies.

Jamie: Jamie's fingers worked in time to the song now playing in his head since bopping along would jostle Jean and that was out of the question. Bustin' makes me feel gooood. Da nah da nah da nah da nah da da da nah nah.

Heather: Heather returned with a tray of biscuits, small cakes and a pot of coffee with cups. "... You're allowed to sit down on the furniture, you know. It won't bite you."

Jean: Jean was still giggling at his internal song when Heather returned and broke the spell. "But we were comfy," she said, moving back from Jamie.

Jamie: "We never know with furniture. It could become a bad 80s horror movie and swallow us whole." He noticed the tray and gave a nod. "Thanks."

Heather: She set the tray down on the coffee table, "There are children here. The only sofas that eat people in this house are the good kind that swallow you with softness and make you take surprise naps."

Jean: "I do love that kind of sofa," she agreed, reaching for a cute little cake and ooooo, coffee!

Jamie: "Surprise naps... Are... Most of the time good. At least when you have a soft place to land."

Heather: "They're insidious those sofas. I don't even need to sleep and they still manage to get me," Heather warned with a small smirk, "I'll go and take over small person supervision duties so Pietro can come downstairs."

Jean: Jean raised a brow at Jamie and sat down on the squishy sofa to eat her tiny cake and drink her hot hot coffee.

Jamie: "Thanks again." He snagged a cup for himself and sat...Nope, sank... Sank into the cushion next to Jean. "What?"

Jean: "A landing is not a soft place to land," she snickered, taking a prim sip.

Jamie: Jamie grumbled and took a drink, which, of course, burned, but he wouldn't show it. Nope. He was a man, dammit.

Pietro: Finally, Pietro's distinctive quick footsteps on the wooden floors could be heard and he appeared in the doorway, "Sorry to keep you guys waiting... there was sibling drama."

Jeannie: Jean gave Jamie a bright grin and then looked up. "That's okay, we had driveway drama!"

Jamie: "Dude. Fire is never a good idea. What the heck?"

Pietro: "I ran out of options," he shrugged helpfully and picked up some biscuits and a couple of cakes. Children were exhausting. "Harvey's in town sourcing some materials that can hold up to his shenanigans and James is 'on sabbatical'." He applied the air quotes. "I was out of sensible choices.... and I thought she'd use the door."

Jamie: "Because the normal thing to do would be to wait until the guest shows up and knocks and then yell across the house 'Hey, can you get that, insertnamehere, I've got a situation with the kids.'"

Jeannie: "Forget the door, maybe just using less fire?" Jean's nose wrinkled and she brushed back her hair. "I saw fire, and then I made fire and it... wasn't fun. Especially for Jamie."

Pietro: Pietro nodded, "Yes... I probably should have mentioned that part to her... but, in fairness, I was a little distracted by the teleporting child and the speedster child war I was trying to call a ceasefire on," he gave them an apologetic look, "It was easier when there was two of us." He sighed and took a seat, the snacks having already vanished.

Jamie: Jamie rolled his shoulders and set his coffee back on the tray. Here it comes. Impotent. Only dupes. Shooting blanks. Shooting only yous.

Jeannie: Jean looked over at Jamie and set her own coffee aside to take his hand. Don't. You don't know that you have any reason to freak out. She gave Pietro a smile. "I can imagine... two powered kids and one parent. It has to be hard."

Pietro: "It's fun until it isn't," Pietro confirmed with a nod, "They mostly get along so that's a huge help... but it can also mean they plot against you." He picked up a cup and poured himself some coffee. "But we're not here to talk about my dastardly duo."

Jamie: "Nope... We're here to talk about mine." Jamie wrinkled his nose and kept himself from fidgeting by stroking Jean's hand with his thumb. Not that easy, Jeannie.

Jeannie: I know, she said, giving his hand a squeeze and fighting her own nerves. "So... like... um..."

Pietro: Pietro looked at their faces and sighed, "You two have already been jumping to conclusions, haven't you?"

Jamie: "Uh, hi. Have you met us?"

Jeannie: Jean just nodded her head aggressively.
Pietro: "Well don't do that, it's not good for you." He took a sip from his cup, "Your powers are complicated," he fixed Jamie with a look, "Very cool. Super fascinating. But complicated."

Jamie: "That much I already knew. I understand it better than anyone has ever been able to understand it, but I still don't understand it."

Jeannie: "I don't understand it, and I live in his head with him," she said, shimmying closer to Jamie to press against him.

Pietro: "Well, studying mutations is kind of my day job so we should compare notes sometime... and notes on your coat," he gestured to the one Jamie was wearing. "Anyway... You - Prime, that is. You have nothing to worry about. You can get anyone you want pregnant. Your dupes should definitely not do that."

Jeannie: "Me. He wants to get me pregnant. Not some rando." Jean frowned. "And... he already has once."

Jamie: Jamie put his arm around Jean and pulled her in so he could kiss the top of her head. "I don't want to get any randos pregnant. Just you." Dupes? Why not? "Um. My dupes are me. So I shouldn't?"

Pietro: "No no. They're different." Pietro put his coffee down, "Your dupes make dupes. Their dupes are sterile." It really was fascinating how mutations figured this shit out. "Cool, huh?"

Jeannie: Jean remembered them having a conversation about this sort of thing, but to hear it from a doctor. "His dupes make more dupes, yeah, that's what they do..."

Jamie: "M-my... Make... I-" Jamie would have needed to sit down if he wasn't already sitting down. "How? When? Who?"

Pietro: "No, Jean. His dupes will have dupe babies," Pietro clarified. "It's likely an internal failsafe to make sure Prime is the only one reproducing."

Jeannie: "Dupe... babies? How's that work?" Jean felt like she was missing something, although she was relieved that Prime really was the only one who could knock her up.

Jeannie: "So... liiiiike... saaaay I did have sex with a dupe? What'd happen?"

Pietro: "If it was one of Prime's dupes and you got pregnant, the baby would be a dupe. If it was a dupe's dupe you couldn't get pregnant so... I guess, go nuts with them." He shrugged and reached for his coffee again.

Jeannie: "So... an itty bitty Jamie?" She cocked her head. "That doesn't sound that bad..." She made a face and tried to tilt her head to see Jamie. "No offense, babe."

Jamie: His voice cracked when he finally opened his mouth again, and he could feel that he didn't have any color in his face. "U-until I tried to hold it, Jean."

Jeannie: Jean ran that one through her head a couple of times, trying to think past the sickening shock she felt from Jamie. "...you'd absorb it?" She made a face. "How?! It'd be, like, the mom's baby, too. Right?!"

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, "In this case no. Jamie's mutation overwrites the normal process. I'd need to do a lot more testing to find out if there was a way to stop that from happening but I'd also have to ask you if you wanted me to do that."

Jamie: "It's like how I exploded Arcade because my dupe duped from my fingers that were in his mouth... The sperm are dupes..."

Jeannie: "Oh..." Jean sat up, slowly, giving him a curious look. "The sperm are dupes," she repeated, mulling that over.

Pietro: "Essentially, yes," Pietro confirmed, "Unlike regular sperm, they contain all of Jamie's genetic information instead of just half and they leave no room for the information provided by the ovum."

Jamie: Jamie's brain was trying desperately to work, but the gears were jerking instead of spinning. Did he have any dupes that had had babies that he didn't know about? Had their baby been a dupe? His eyes were tracking nothing, but moving back and forth as he inwardly tried to make sense of this information.

Jeannie: Jean nodded at Pietro, then turned back to Jamie. He was lost in his own head and she bit her lip, then tackled him for a hug. Our baby wasn't a dupe, she assured him, not sure if it'd be better or worse if it had been.

Jamie: She was right. He would've felt it die. That made sense. It was the only thing that made sense. ...No... It all actually made sense. He just didn't want it to. "Jean, I-..." Jamie had no words and just shook his head. "Thanks, Pietro."

Jeannie: "It's fine. You're fine, because I'm marrying you and you'll be the father of our kids." She reached up to smooth back his hair and stayed close, resting her head against him again.

Jamie: "Or I'll end up absorbing them back into me," he gave a wry, almost crazed, half-laugh.

Pietro: Oh they were making jokes now so that first part had processed. Excellent. "Oh yeah, Jamie Prime can have as many perfectly normal mutant babies as he wants." He took a fortifying sip of coffee. "Um... there was one other tiny little... weirdness..."

Jeannie: Jean looked at Pietro for help. "No... he said your sperm is normal, babe... right?"

Jeannie: "Weirdness?!" Jean knew he had not processed, he was just freaking out internally instead of externally.

Pietro: He raised his free hand in a placating gestured, making motions for her to calm down, "It's nothing to worry about... it's just an anomaly."

Jamie: Jamie frowned and finally looked up at Pietro. What else could be weird about this? "Isn't there a maximum amount of weirdness a person can have? Because I think I'm there."

Jeannie: "See, perfectly normal mutant babies! That's good!" Jean tried to work up a smile for Jamie, but now Pietro had her on edge. Again. "Anomaly?"

Pietro: "You don't have a monopoly on weirdness," Pietro informed Jamie, "This one belongs to Jean."

Jeannie: "Me?!" Jean eeped. Nononono! "The SHIELD doctors told me I was fine! They said I could still have kids. The miscarriage didn't damage anything!"

Jamie: Jamie's heart started racing and he pulled Jean into his lap, staring at Pietro like their lives depended on the next words to come out of his mouth. "Whatever it is, we'll fix it, babe. It's going to be okay. Promise."

Pietro: "It's nothing bad," Pietro assured them, "But in the interests of full disclosure I should mention it. There's nothing impacting your ability to have children," he gave Jean a small smile, "Everything is fine there... there's just a little bit of weirdness in your DNA... honestly I can't think of a better word because I've never seen anything like it and I've looked at a lot of mutant DNA."

Jeannie: "Oh," she said in relief, then blinked. "Oh..." Jean snuggled into Jamie and frowned. "What kind of weirdness in my DNA? Like... why would I have weird DNA? I'm already a mutant!”

Jamie: "Is she like... half and half or something? I mean, I know that's not... I mean, because..." He sighed. His brain still wasn't fully functioning from the previous news. "Maybe it was a fluke, Jeannie."

Jeannie: "What was a fluke?!" She squeaked and waved a hand. "Half what?!

Jamie: "His tests," he said hastily. "He messed up his tests!" Ack, woman! "Half normal human, half mutant!"

Pietro: Wow they freaked out easily. He kept his tone measured, patient. "I don't know what it is for sure," Pietro replied honestly, "All I can say is that it's not mutant and I'm fairly confident it's not human either. But there's something else intertwined with Jean's DNA. I don't think it's anything to worry about if you're not feeling any ill effects but we can monitor it."

Jamie: "Like a parasite? Can we kill it with just a couple of pills?" His face went from confusion to bordering on scared at his own suggestion, "Would that affect getting pregnant?"

Jeannie: "Not mutant, but not even human?!" Jean's expression was horrified and confused, which slowly morphed to just horrified. "It's the bird..."

Pietro: "As I've already said, you two can have as many mutant babies as you want. There's nothing to stop you there... this thing in Jean's DNA is something else. We can try for some further investigation but I'm not sure where to start, honestly."

Jamie: "I'm sorry," he croaked. "The bird?!"

Jeannie: "The phoenix..." Jean bit down hard on her lip, prodding the internal firebird. After a moment, she looked up at Pietro. "Did you ever test Rachel?"

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, "The attack on the school happened before I had any ability to do any of this..."

Jamie: "I knew what you meant..." Jamie blinked at her. "The fire thing is a parasite on your DNA? Babe, we've got to get rid of it."

Jeannie: Jean's hope fell at that and the twisted to look at Jamie. "But... she's part of me." She looked back at Pietro. "Right? She's... part of my mutation? But Rachel... like, I never had the bird until Rachel died..."

Jamie: "Jeannie..." Jamie sighed and just held her, wishing he could make it better, but he knew that anything he said that would do that right now would be lies. He never wanted to lie to her, so he just held her.

Pietro: "There's absolutely no indication that it’s a parasite of any form," Pietro frowned, wondering where that idea had come from, "It's not damaging anything at least. It just seems to be... hanging out there. Co-existing. If you can find out more information about the Phoenix it might help... it may be that something in your family's genetics calls out to it. Maybe it's supposed to be there."

Jeannie: "...my dad said it's the family curse." She swallowed, poking at the phoenix once again. She was quiet. Suspiciously so. "I thought he meant being a mutant, but maybe he meant the bird..." Jean chewed her lip again, her hand curling into Jamie's coat lapel.

Jamie: "If that's what it is... It is a parasite. We all saw what it did to Rachel." Jamie's arms tightened around Jean. "I can't watch that happen to you."

Pietro: "Then I think the next steps should be learning all you can about the Phoenix and where it comes from. I'll see if I can learn more on my end... but maybe you should talk to your dad about what he knows or anyone else that might have studied it when Rachel had it."

Jeannie: Jean gave Jamie a frightened look. "I don't want to be Rachel!" She desperately wanted the gummies in her purse right about now, but her eyes fell on the coffee cup instead. Oh! "Carol's mom is an alien!" she blurted.

Pietro: Pietro blinked at the blurt. Even his speedy brain having trouble following that tangent. "Good for her...?"

Jamie: Jamie startled at the sudden yelling of the admission. "Babe!"

Jeannie: "Sorry!" She gave Jamie a pet, but sat up a little to gesture. "She said there're all kinds of things in space... and legends of giant fire things that destroy worlds!" Jean turned her horrified face back to Jamie. "Don't let me destroy any worlds! Especially this one!"

Pietro: Oy. Pietro held up his hands and tried to calm things down, "Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Jeez, you two always assume the worst..."

Jamie: "We have to get rid of it, babe..."

Jeannie: "Have you met us? The worst seems to always happen!"

Jamie: Wait, there was still someone else here. Right. Jamie looked up at Pietro, "What she said!"

Pietro: "Well all I've told you today is good news and there's even cake. Just breathe. Nothing is going to blow up. Have some cake. Relax. Be happy." Where was Harvey? He was way better at this part.

Jeannie: Relax, he says. No, said Jean's brain. "I'm an alien!" she wailed.

Jamie: "No, babe, you're not..." He gently pushed her head down to his shoulder and stroked her hair. "The bird is. It's a parasite. You weren't born with it. It attached to you."

Jeannie: "I have parasites!"

Pietro: "Jean, you're a human mutant just like the rest of us," Pietro assured her, "The phoenix, I suppose, is something else. And stop calling it a parasite. We don't know enough information to classify it yet!"

Jamie: "If it flies like a duck and attacks like a duck... I'm gonna call it a duck!" Jamie frowned at Pietro, "Babies are parasites, too, dude, until they're born!"

Jeannie: Jean quieted, trying to process this, but her processor was currently overheating. She hiccupped, trying not to cry, and turned her face into Jamie's neck.

Pietro: "Yes, technically," Pietro agreed with Jamie on the baby point. "But there's no indication that the phoenix entity is. It might be more of a symbiotic relationship - since it also helps Jean to have it co-inhabit her body."

Jamie: "...Some women feel healthier than they've ever felt when pregnant. Explain that one, science boy."

Pietro: "Hormones." Pietro replied simply, "Natures chemical high."

Jeannie: Jean wasn't listening to them, which was probably for the best. She was reliving every time the phoenix saved her life, or at least helped her. Sure, the fire came when she called, but it also came by itself sometimes. She'd just always thought of the bird as part of her subconscious.

Jamie: "Parasites can make you think you feel good, too, dude."

Pietro: "I still think we should hold off on classifying it as anything without more information," Pietro reached to top off his cooling coffee and warm it up again. "Data, data, data. Very important."

Jamie: "Yeah, I get that, man. But this is Jean's life we're talking about. It's going to have to come down to more than just the data. Is it going to do to her what it did to Rachel?"

Pietro: "Considering how long the phoenix has been with her... it doesn't look likely. And I'm not entirely sure the phoenix was to fully blame for what happened to Rachel. There was outside influence, after all..."

Jamie: "So, what, we just keep her in a bubble to keep her mind from being outwardly influenced? C'mon!"

Jeannie: The phoenix had saved the people she cared about too. She'd saved Jamie more than once.
Jean wriggled in his grip, struggling to get free. "I need to call my dad," she mumbled.

Pietro: "Did I say that?" Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Jean is also a very different personality to Rachel." He'd known Rachel at school. The two couldn't be more different. "Rachel was already long down a dark path before any of the stuff with the X-men started."

Jamie: Jamie slid his arms open for her, watching her with a worried look. "Babe... Babe, everything's going to be okay."

Pietro: Pietro decided to text Harvey and summon him home. "Do you two want to stay for lunch...?"

Jamie: Dupe babies were now the last thing on his mind as he watched his fiancée. "I think she may just wanna go home... But I'd be okay to stay if she wants to."

Jeannie: "Wha?" Oh, they were talking to her. Sort of. About her. "Um... sure, I just... I gotta-" She scrambled up and grabbed her purse before bolting for the door.

Pietro: Excellent. Time for the cavalry to arrive and make better all the things. "I'll let Emma know... make yourselves at home."

Jamie: "Jean!" Aaand there she went. "Thanks, Pietro. I'll give her a minute, then see if I can't get her to calm down and come back." Jeannie? Hey. I love you. Everything's going to be okay.

Jeannie: I love you, she replied, not at all sure if things were okay as she scurried outside to call her dad.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone