1/27 Issue: This is Fine.

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/27 Issue: This is Fine.

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the morning after No Shame Game.

Bobby: Something was licking him. That... wasn't right. Bobby raised his head and it pounded. Fuuuuuucking.... ow. He felt for the source of the licking and felt fur. Yoda?

Carol: Carol woke up because tiny feet had walked all over her and their owner had sat on her back. She sighed and stretched out, rolling her face into her pillow. "Chewie, it's not breakfast time...." she mumbled.

Bobby: He knew that voice... but... whaaaat? He groaned and buried his face into the bed until he needed to breathe, then he snorted.

Carol: Oh someone else was here... she frowned, trying to remember what happened the night before past the pounding in her head. Someone didn't do the cutting off thing. She found the inhibitor on her wrist and removed it, tossing the device onto the floor. Worked way better than aspirin. Chewie mrrfed her displeasure at being jostled and hopped down to the floor.

Bobby: After catching his breath again he turned his head and saw blonde hair... but that wasn't Paige. Pushing himself up a little on one arm, he squinted at the woman in the bed. "....Carol?" he croaked.

Carol: Hearing her name, she lifted her face out of her pillow and rolled over to face him, "Hey..." she pushed a hand through her hair.

Bobby: "Hey..." He closed his eyes again and tried to focus past the pain, realizing at the same time his voice sounded like he'd been gargling rocks.

Carol: She watched him for a moment, "You okay?"

Bobby: "I haven't tried to kill myself with booze for a while..."

Carol: She chuckled, "You're out of practise, huh?"

Bobby: "Hella out of practice," he said, cracking open one eye to look at her. "Did... I forgot to cut you off, huh?"

Carol: "Apparently... but I guess you shoulda cut yourself off too..." she tucked her arm under her pillow, "It's fine."

Bobby: He looked down at himself with his one working eye. "It's... we're naked, I'm guessing we didn't cut that off either."

Carol: That made her laugh again, mostly out of surprise at the question, "What, you don't remember? That's not insulting at all...."

Bobby: "I'm... kinda working on a half cylinder right now, babe," he croaked.

Carol: She gave him a small grin and reached to stroke a hand through his hair, "You want some coffee?"

Bobby: He started to shy away, but realized that was pointless now and instead gave her a smile. "Sure. Coffee and..." That's when he noticed her wrist. "No fair, you're fixed."

Carol: "Not quite... I'm still in need of caffeine... but yeah, I got rid of that annoying painful part." She turned to get out of bed, looking for a shirt to put on. Hmm... her yesterday shirt was on the floor by the sofa. Oh well, naked it was.

Bobby: Bobby watched her from his painful one-eyed squint and slowly sat up, noticing then the little orange cat watching him.

Carol: Carol put a pot of coffee on then picked up her shirt from the day before to pull it on as she walked to the bathroom so she could pee. Task complete, she stretched on her way back to the kitchen to stare at the coffee machine.

Bobby: "Your cat is judging me," he said, voice still croaky, and coughed, which made his head spin. "Okay, fuck this," he muttered, shifting to ice.

Carol: "Nah, she's waiting to see if you have food," she opened a cupboard and took Chewie's breakfast out for her while she was waiting for the coffee.

Bobby: The shift back brought clarity, and he winced for an entirely different reason. He got up to search for his pants.

Carol: Chewie trotted into the kitchen to accept her offerings and Carol gave her a little scratch behind the ears before straightening up and fetching mugs for the coffee. She was entirely unconcerned about her own lack of pants.

Bobby: "Jesus," he muttered under his breath, catching her cat show out of the corner of his eye.

Carol: Coffee was finally ready so she poured two mugs and brought them over to the sofa, offering one to Bobby.

Bobby: "Thanks," he said, giving her a smile and sitting on the sofa. He found his shirt but didn't bother putting it back on.

Carol: She sat down beside him, holding her coffee between her hands and taking a sip because it didn't matter it was hot. "You okay?"

Bobby: "Yeah, now I am. Ice fixes everything," he gave her a quick grin and chilled his coffee just enough to drink. "You?"

Carol: "I'm fine," she gave him a smile. She hadn't really meant the hangover situation but sure, that too. "Sorry Chewie made you feel like she was judging you. That's just her face."

Bobby: "I think that's most cats," he agreed with a laugh and another drink of coffee. He was trying to think of a way to bring up the obvious, but failing.

Carol: "Well.... technically she just looks like a cat but I guess her species nailed it..." She stretched out her legs and crossed them at the ankles.

Bobby: Bobby pressed his lips together and looked down at the endless length of leg, then tried not to. He took a drink of coffee instead.

Carol: She watched his gaze and managed not to laugh but she couldn't hide the amused smile, "You sure you're okay?"

Bobby: "Yep," he said, licking his lips, then looked up at her face. She was trying not to laugh at him. He snorted and shook his head.

Carol: "Would you feel better if I put some pants on?" She giggled, "I don't care if you look but if you're uncomfortable...."

Bobby: "I guess I shouldn't be uncomfortable, huh?" He shook his head again and took a drink. "I told you I was shit at one-night stands," he muttered.

Carol: She bumped him with her shoulder, "I told you you need practise," she pointed out, "I also said I'd help... didn't really mean this way but whatever," she sipped her coffee. "We're adults, this is fine."

Bobby: That made him laugh. "This is fine," he repeated, picturing the room on fire. "So... we don't have to talk about it?"

Carol: "Nope." She shook her head slowly, "That's the beauty of meaningless sex. All the distraction, none of the stress."

Bobby: "I'm feelin' some stress," he admitted, taking a long drink of coffee.

Carol: "Okay so do you want to talk about that?" She watched him, "Will it help?"

Bobby: "No," he started, made a face. Yes? Maybe? I talk, usually. It's a whole thing I do. I talk a lot and sometimes too much like right now."

Carol: She laughed, "You can talk to me. I'm not gonna judge you. I'm probably the best person to talk to in a situation like this because I'm kinda... I don't know. I don't care." She shrugged.

Bobby: "You don't care?" He blinked at her, shocked. "After we..." he gestured at the sofa, "aaaaand," he waved at the bed. "And that's that?"

Carol: "Yep. I got used to it when I was in DC. I would go to a bar, get really drunk, go home with someone, have lots of sex, then leave and never see them again. It was a great way to pretend I wasn't lonely."

Bobby: "You don't worry about diseases, or... another kid?" He winced when he said it, but well, he was right. "You know you gotta see me again, right? In fact, you're seeing me right now..."

Carol: "Well... there's condoms involved," she laughed, "And I'm not worried about seeing you again. Are you worried?"

Bobby: "I'm not worried if you're not worried," he blurted, then winced again. He did remember some rubber deployment, barely, but it didn't get in the way of his panic attack.

Carol: She reached over and patted him gently, "You're adorable."

Bobby: "What?!" He stared blankly at her pat and up at her a little wild-eyed.

Carol: "You're totally freaking out, right now, aren't you?"

Bobby: "Me? No? J-just a little bit?"

Carol: "You haven't got anything to worry about from me, okay? So all of that? Don't let it bother you. I'm not looking for a relationship right now but a distraction? Sure. I'd do that again."

Bobby: He let out a long breath, pretty sure he was feeling relief and not offense. "O-okay?"

Carol: "Yes. Okay. It's fine, really. No freaking out necessary."

Bobby: "No freaking out necessary," he repeated, trying to force himself to calm.

Carol: "If you're still freaking out, we can talk about whatever it is. Get it out or you'll just hamster wheel your brain. Really, if it helps you to blurt it all out, just do it. You're not gonna offend me or anything."

Bobby: "Okay... hooo, okay," he said slowly, trying to take a breath. "It's just," another breath. "Thelasttimeigotdrunkandhadsexsheturnedouttobeadude."

Carol: It took a moment to process that then she laughed, "Well okay you told me about that last night but did that happen to me? And I'm definitely female because I have a kid, remember?"

Bobby: "That... is more of a relief than you know," he said, blowing out yet another breath. Did what happen to her? "I'm not a chick," he said, getting a little offended. "I've just never been the kind to fuck around." Think about it? Sure. Do it? Noooope. Half because he'd been chicken, he supposed.

Carol: "I wouldn't complain if you were," she shook her head, trying not to laugh again, "It's not fucking around if you're clear about intentions. Neither of us are looking for a relationship right now so it's not complicated and I promise I have been a girl my whole life. It's why my dad is so disappointed in me."

Bobby: "There's a lot going on in that statement, babe," he said with a frown, deciding maybe he wasn't the only one freaking out, if for different reasons. He raised a hand and waved it over himself. "All factory equipment, so yeah, not a chick," he pointed out.

Carol: "So there we go, no surprise shapeshifting to worry about. Anything else you're freaking out about in there? And, by the way, if you think of something later, you can still talk about it. The offer doesn't expire."

Bobby: "Good to know." He took a drink and held the cup. "About the shapeshifting and the offer," he laughed. "I dunno, babe, like I said, this is all new for me."

Carol: "Okay, that's fine too," she offered a smile, "Door's always open. For this and the other thing," she looked down and found her cup was empty, "More coffee?"

Bobby: "Yeah, sure..." He thought about that statement. "Coffee, yeah... I dunno yet about the other."

Carol: "That's also fine," she assured him, getting to her feet to fetch the pot. "I'm not easy to offend and you're not going to break me."

Bobby: His eyes followed her movement and he made a face at himself. "Okay."

Carol: She topped up her own coffee then brought the pot over to top his up, leaning over the back of the sofa, "Relax, or I'm gonna start secretly micro dosing you with whatever I find in Jean's room."

Bobby: He laughed, but looked over his shoulder at her. "Did I mention that my mom is Jewish and my dad is Catholic? I got the market cornered on anxiety."

Carol: "I grew up in South Boston. Everyone there is Irish Catholic. They're pretty good at the guilt thing too, you know." She topped up his coffee, "But, eventually, you hit maximum guilt and realise that you don't spontaneously combust and it doesn't matter anymore."

Bobby: "Irish Catholic, yep, that's it, and it's not nearly as fun as it sounds," he said with a chuckle. "I'd hope that I wouldn't combust. It'd kind of ruin the whole ice thing."

Carol: "I'm fire proof," she grinned.

Bobby: He smirked. "Apparently you're not frost proof?" That... was... no. "Scratch that line. Sounded better in my head."

Carol: She laughed, "I can survive in the vacuum of space. The cold doesn't bother me either." She patted him on the head before straightening up to take the coffee pot back to its spot.

Bobby: "The cold doesn't bother you anyway, huh, Elsa?" He rolled his head to watch her, allowing himself to appreciate the sway of her hips as she walked away.

Carol: "Elsa's got nothing on me," she put the pot down and turned to give him a grin as she lifted her cup for a sip.

Bobby: She wasn't acting weird, so he determined he should stop acting weird. "Good to know, babe," he laughed.

Carol: "I'll leave the fancy ice castle building to you, though, Frostyknickers."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 1/27 Issue: This is Fine.

Post by Esynthia »

Hoooo boy. There will be at least one relationship forever changed from this. :die