1/20 Issue: Crowd Control

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/20 Issue: Crowd Control

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two after Demon a Go Go.

Beth: Beth didn't like poking into the brains of volatile idiots but today was a day where that was part of the job. Le Sigh. So far, she hadn't found anything too worrying, just the usual had too much alcohol fighting talk. Snore. She swung her legs as she sat on a rail overlooking the crowd, purple butterfly aura shining to show her position to the rest of the team.

Jean: Jean was okay with boredom, considering their last official outing had ended with her near death at the hands of Arcade. She wasn't a big fan of picking people's brains, but she could feel the general mood of the crowd with her empathy. These people were pissed for no clear reason.

Bobby: Pacing the walkway above the bulk of the crowd, Bobby was watching a pack of particularly rowdy flag wearing idiots. It was convenient, since they seemed to be watching him, too. As a member of SWORD, he was probably one of the more recognizable members of the new team, and these guys apparently recognized him. Swell.

Carol: Carol was, much to her dislike, positioned where she could be seen by the crowd as more of a deterrent than anything. She leaned against a collum with her arms folded across her chest.

Tandy: Tandy was stationed with Jean because she had no defensive powers that would be useful in a situation where they had to contain people so she was just watching.

Jean: "This is fuuuun," Jean said, making a face at Tandy. She had no idea how many people were at this rally, she just knew it was supporters of Norman Osborn. He had a bunch, apparently.

Tandy: "I feel like it would be more boring if we weren't 'working'..." Tandy offered, "So at least there's that... of course if we weren't working we could drink..."

Jean: "Or have some of my magic gummies." Jean was feeling a little exposed here, and was starting to debate if she did want to wear a costume with a mask. It was probably too late for that now.

Bobby: Bobby tapped his com. "Hey Carol. Do you see the one wearing the flag as a diaper?" He was glad Anna wasn't here for this job, for several reasons. Not only was she a personal distraction at the moment, but as Tony Stark's girlfriend she'd be a prime target in what intel told them was already a potentially volatile situation.

Carol: Carol scanned the crowd, "Yep... really hope that's just for aesthetics and not convenience...." Ew.

Beth: "I could find out," Beth offered, the grin audible in her voice.

Jean: Jean giggled at the exchange. "Eeeew. I like the guy who painted himself red, white and blue. He's like a bloody Smurf."

Bobby: He fought a smile at the conversation and scanned the crowd again. As much as he didn't really want to pay attention to this, if Homeland Security wanted the X-Men here to monitor then they had to be expecting something.

Tandy: "A patriotic bloody smurf." Tandy confirmed, "I don't know if I should be impressed or concerned that he went outside like that."

Carol: Carol kept her eyes on the crowd and her ears listening to the speeching up on the stage for worrying content. Boy did she hate politics.

Bobby: Oh boy, the ass clown on the stage was talking about taking the country back. From who, he could guess, since a roast of several of Tony Stark's policies were next on the agenda. The crowd was cheering far too enthusiastically.

Tandy: Tandy was feeling a little self-conscious and reached up to touch the white crescent around her eye. It had taken her a long time to get comfortable with not covering it and now it was looking like a good idea to start hiding it again.

Beth: Beth wrinkled her nose in distaste at the topic of the speech and huffed. She would like very much to change cranky pants' mind but that was against the rules. Sad face.

Jean: Jean looked over at Tandy. "Are you okay? Don't let these assholes get to you."

Bobby: He checked his phone to see what this guy's name was. Cameron Hodge. Oh boy, he was an 'influencer' on social media. The guy sure had a mouth. And lots of opinions. And he personally knew that Tony and Rhodey did not eat babies.

Carol: Carol was trying really really hard not to laugh at some of the utter bullshit coming out of this guy's mouth. Some people... she kept the eye roll internal. By some miracle.

Tandy: She gave Jean a half smile, "They're making me paranoid..."

Beth: "The worst part about all this bollocks is that these idiots are eating it up..."

Jean: "That's what they want. Fuck that." Jean was happy none of the flag-draped crowd was really paying any attention to them now. They were all too into this guy speaking. What was worse was the guy on stage absolutely believed the bullshit he was spouting, and about half the crowd seemed to as well.

Bobby: "That's what makes this a potentially dangerous situation, guys. He's throwing sparks on the powder keg." It reminded him of the kind of simmering unrest during Tony's first run for president... when he'd watched as the first mutant presidential candidate was gunned down on national television.

Tandy: "It took me a long time to get confident enough to stop hiding it... Don't intend to go backwards but... it's scary..."

Beth: "Good thing we're all hanging out here for target practise..."

Jean: "I get that. I was literally just thinking that maybe I should have gone with a mask for my uniform, but nah... I'm tired of hiding who I am." Jean tossed her hair over her shoulder and nodded.

Bobby: "We're here because we're hardened targets if shit goes sideways." Which he hoped didn't happen. If this Hodge character was anything to go by, it was going to be a long, long evening.

Tandy: "At least you have the option to make people forget," Tandy gave her a smile.

Carol: "I'm hoping it doesn't get that far. We should be enough of a threat that they'll think twice before they pull some crazy shit..."

Jean: "Nah, that's Beth. I don't do the mindwiping." Her nose wrinkled. "My cousin was in the old X-Men before she died and she did some wiping. I avoid."

Bobby: "Yeah, me too." On the stage, Hodge was ranting about immigrants. Bobby caught the eye of one guy in the crowd who wasn't listening to this part. The guy smirked and looked him over. Bobby kept his expression neutral.

Beth: "There's a lot of drunk dudes ready to make some really stupid decisions..." Beth frowned, the purple butterfly still glowing brightly. "I would like to request permission to present the wonderfully plyable morons with alternative terrible decisions..."

Carol: Carol frowned at the request, "I'll think about it...."

Jean: Jean gave Tandy a bright cheesy grin. "See! Beth, not me." The mood of the crowd was becoming darker, though, and Jean thought about bubbling them both. Just in case.

Bobby: He let his gaze shift from the smirker and back across the crowd. Yadda yadda, oh, the immigrants ate babies too? Great. His eyes passed over something, then back. "...does that blow up doll look a lot like Tony to you?"

Carol: Carol almost face-palmed but suppressed it, "They're creative..."

Jean: "They've got the goatee down..."

Beth: Beth didn't need to worry about anyone seeing her reactions because mind-fu. She laughed. "Can we keep it if we have to confiscate it? Pleeeeeease. I wanna dress it up."

Tandy: Tandy laughed at Beth's begging, "Make him Insta-famous."

Rogue: Rogue wasn't allowed too close, but her security detail knew better than to tell her no, so when she saw familiar faces, she shot her detail a look and headed their way. So far, no one had noticed her, but she knew that wasn't going to last. she pulled her ball cap from her back pocket and put it on, tucking as much white as she could underneath.

Tandy: As the mood in the crowd continued to shift unpredictably, Tandy's powers automatically summoned up a light dagger.

Jean: Jean looked over at Tandy. "Down, tiger. It's not go time... hopefully we won't have a go time at all." Buuuut there were a couple guys doing something X-rated to that Tony Stark doll now...

Bobby: "Isn't free speech great," he muttered, fighting the urge to facepalm.

Rogue: Rogue's eyes flashed when she saw what was being done to the effigy of her man and it took a lot of willpower to not go to them first. She took a breath and started pushing through the crowd to get to Jean and Tandy.

Tandy: "Sorry, it's kind of automatic when I get nervous....." she dismissed the dagger and flexed her fingers.

Beth: "I need that doll..." Beth decided those idiots would just leave it behind.

Rogue: Once she was close enough, she reached out and tapped Tandy on the shoulder, "Hey, sugah."

Tandy: Already on edge, Tandy reacted instinctively, a dagger appearing in her hand as she turned and raised it to defend herself.

Rogue: Sensing the movement, Rogue dodged and lifted her arm to block Tandy's wrist with her forearm. "Whoa! It's me."

Jean: Jean giggled at Beth's muttering. "We can teach him how to pole dance!" Jean sensed a familiar mind nearby the moment before she heard her voice. Eeping, Jean spun around when Tandy spazzed, throwing up a teke shield.

Tandy: "You really shouldn't creep up on people..." Tandy dismissed the dagger and lowered her hand.

Rogue: Rogue held up both of her gloved hands in surrender. "Sorry, darlin'. Hey, Jean."

Bobby: Hearing the commotion through the coms, Bobby swiveled to check on the girls. His heart stopped. Anna. What. The. Fuck.

Jean: Jean: She wrapped Rogue up in the bubble, noticing that some in the crowd were watching them now. "I thought you weren't coming today?"

Rogue: "Ah'm not a porcelain doll t' be kept on a shelf, Jean. Ah can't let who Ah'm datin' dictate mah job." She waved a hand vaguely towards her hair, "An' mah hair's just auburn t'day."

Tandy: "I kinda thought you not coming was for everyone's safety...." Tandy frowned a little, glancing around at the crowd again.

Rogue: "Then Ah'll go in another direction. Just thought Ah'd say hey. Ah'm here if y' need backup." She sighed internally. Just because she was the president's girl shouldn't mean she had to sit home and twiddle her thumbs. "If Ah get trounced do not come help. Ah'll be fine."

Tandy: Because that wouldn't blow up in their faces at all. She frowned but didn't say anything.

Jean: "I don't think that's how it works... teammates and all..." Jean gave Rogue a puzzled look.

Rogue: Rogue gave Jean a smile in return. "Darlin', Ah'll be fine. Ah ain't worried 'bout me. But Tandy had a good point. Keep y'selves an' everyone else safe if somethin' happens. Deal?"

Tandy: "That was the plan..."

Carol: Carol was ignoring that Rogue was there because it was easier on her to pretend Rogue didn't exist at the moment. The last thing she needed was to have a panic attack or something.

Jean: "Well, yeah. I put you in my bubble too," she said, brightening the pink shield for Rogue to see it.

Bobby: "What the fuck," he repeated, this time to Carol. "If anyone recognizes her..."

Rogue: "So then pretend like Ah never showed up." She gave them a grin and a nod and, after a cursory glance at the bubble, stepped out to head deeper into the crowd, wanting to be closer to the podium to hear what the people who cared to be up close were saying.

Jean: Jean let Rogue through the bubble and looked at Tandy with a blink blink. "I guess they call her Rogue for a reason?"

Tandy: "Apparently..." Tandy frowned after Rogue.

Carol: Carol switched channels so only Bobby could hear her, "She shouldn't be here. She was told not to be here... I hope she realises I have to write this shit up..."

Bobby: "Fuck." She was on the move and he wanted to chase her. "I can't go after her. That'll attract all the attention."

Carol: "So keep an eye on her and hope she doesn't do anything more stupid than showing up here."

Bobby: He had no idea what Hodge was saying now, since he was watching Anna and swearing under his breath.

Rogue: Rogue pushed her way through the crowd, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible, until she got to a good spot and stopped to listen. To Hodge. To the people around her. To the security near the stage. To everything.

Carol: Carol frowned and straightened up in her spot by the column, "I have eyes on her..." Ugh. As if this evening could get more annoying.

Jean: Jean sighed and watched Rogue disappear into the crowd. "Well..." She returned to watching the guys manhandle the Tony Stark doll.

Stephanie: Waving away the curious and the overly complimentary, Stephanie gracefully stepped onto the platform from the backstage steps and smiled brightly at the crowd. This was a lovely turn out. Osborn would be pleased! Oh, and there were some familiar power sets lighting up. That was her favorite part. "Cam! Darling!"

Beth: "Holy shit where did she come from?" Beth slid her focus to Cameron, "He did not know she was here..." She frowned and turned her attention to the surprise lady.

Hodge: "And what do they do in this cabal?" Cameron Hodge was working his way to a climax when the voice cut in. He paused and turned, recognizing the woman immediately. Stammering, he welcomed the junior senator from Rhode Island and stepped aside.

Bobby: Checking his phone, he frowned. "Yeah... she's not on the schedule. Keep sharp, guys."

Jean: Jean sensed the surprise in the crowd, many of whom were not pleased that their apparent leader had been interrupted.

Beth: Beth sucked in a breath at what she found in the woman's mind. Yikes! She pulled back out of there. Jeannie, she's prickly. Don't touch it...

Tandy: "On the plus side he stopped blabbering his nonsense...."

Stephanie: Stephanie thanked Cameron and kissed both of his cheeks. "You're an absolute peach, Hodgey. I'll be quick." She turned to the crowd once she was situated firmly in front of the podium and beamed. "Well! I was driving by and couldn't resist stopping! You're all absolutely beautiful," as she said this, she picked out a few people in the crowd to lock eyes with, making certain two of them were Xavier's.

Stephanie: She hesitated when she saw Rogue, but flicked her eyes back up before the green ones met hers. "Who here wants to see another Tony Stark run the country? Much less someone in his back pocket?" To the negative response from the crowd, she held up a hand, placating. "But... Who here wants to make sure that we never have to deal with another one like him ever again?!"

Jean: "That is a definite plus," she agreed, then raised her brows at Beth's mental voice. Well, now she had to poke it. So she did. Holy shit! I know politicians are supposed to be evil, but wow!

Beth: Yeah... she's bad news... in all the worst ways... I don't like this... I could try and poke around but she might have had training....

Rogue: Rogue's heart fluttered and she frowned. This felt wrong. Like she was trapped inside her own skin. She swallowed and looked down as she felt the woman look towards her. Her stomach was flipping and she wanted to run. Far and fast. Her jaw clenched and she kept her head down. Sudden movements would knock her hat off and cause chaos. Time to go.

Bobby: Oh, good, more Tony bashing to rile Anna up.

Carol: Carol shifted her stance to face a little more toward the stage. "The hell is she talking about now?"

Jean: "There's something up with this one," Jean said. "Her brain is... icky." Better not, to be on the safe side with this crowd...

Beth: But I really wanna... Sorta. She tried to squash the impulse to go spelunking. It was haaaaard.

Stephanie: "With Norman Osborn at the helm of this beautiful country, he will provide for you! He will cleanse you! And I am proud to say that, having worked closely with him over the past two months, he will eradicate all fears! We will be pure and whole again!"

Carol: Carol frowned, "Define 'icky'..." her frown only deepened at Stephanie's words. "Oh fuck, this is gonna get way worse before it gets better..."

Jean: "Cleanse me? I don't want him cleansing me," Jean's nose wrinkled, picturing creepy Osborn with a loofah.

Tandy: "Sounds culty...."

Rogue: Something wasn't right. Rogue couldn't put her finger on it, but she wasn't sure she wanted to anyway. She made her way back through the crowd, getting pushed around by the cheers and enthusiastic movements. "No," she murmured, forcing herself to stay focused on the path out. This was very, very wrong.

Jean: "Sounds hella culty." Jean shook her head and looked out across the crowd. They were loving this. "Her mind is like... broken glass, but not insane, just... sharp. Sharp and dark."

Bobby: He spotted Anna on the move, back away from the stage this time, and had to stop himself from going after her.

Carol: "That sounds... really worrying..." She saw Rogue head back into the crowd, "Beth, Bobby, keep track of Rogue until she's out of the crowd..."

Stephanie: "I am so grateful that you allowed me this time to stop and speak with you!" She noticed the blow-up doll and her eyebrows rose, amused, "Well, well. And randy ones, aren't we? Tony is very attractive, I must say. It's just too bad that his brilliant brain can't be swayed to the right side. To our side. If only we could shut him up to have our way with him like you are with that doll," Stephanie winked.

Rogue: Rogue froze in her tracks, fighting with her inner-self. She needed to run, but she also wanted to attack. Rogue took a breath, trying to calm herself, but it only made her feel sick again, so she forced herself to continue walking away. One step in front of the other was the only way she would get away from that feeling that was making the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

Bobby: He saw her stop and felt his heart stop. Fuck. Keep walking. Keep walking, dammit! He breathed a sigh of relief when she did.

Jean: "I think she wants that doll more than you do, Beth."

Beth: "Nope. It's mine. I called dibs already."

Stephanie: After the laughter died down enough for her voice to carry again, she spread her arms wide, palms up. "I want us to be unified in this, above all else. Osborn's platform is the only way forward!" She grinned, "To put it simply, if you can't go around it, if you can't go over it, and you definitely can't go under it, you must go through it. Through them."

Jean: "Oh good. Who is them? Is them us? Are we back to that?" Jean sighed and rolled her eyes.

Beth: "Everyone seems to think so...." Beth sighed, resting her elbow on her knee and her chin on her palm, "I don't want to be the bad guys again..."

Carol: "Well, I wish anyone who tries to go through me all the luck they can find..." Carol folded her arms again and resumed leaning against her column.

Stephanie: "All of those who oppose us, who oppose the only way, will be dealt with! We will make them understand! One way... or another," she met the eyes of two more of the mutants she could see, and she grinned. Stephanie couldn't wait to get her hands on them again.

Carol: Carol raised an eyebrow at the display. She was not impressed or amused.

Jean: Jean felt the woman's gaze and the hair stood up on the back of her neck. "Okay, not at all weird and threatening."

Carol: "Don't let her get to you. It's just posturing," Carol advised.

Rogue: Rogue picked up the pace at the edge of the crowd, stopping only when she was at her car, and turning around to look at the face on the platform. The second she saw the face, her head felt like it was on fire and she leaned over, bracing herself with her hands on her knees. "Ah'm ready t' go home, guys."

Bobby: He breathed another sigh of relief when she reached the edge of the crowd. Fucking hell his heart could only take so much.

Jean: "Okay yeah, but it's posturing at me!"

Carol: Carol sighed, "Uh-uh but you're working so suck it up."

Stephanie: Satisfied with the righteous anger and jeering rolling through the crowd, she turned back to Cameron. "Have an amazing rest of your rally, Cammy. I hope to see you again soon!" She blew him a kiss, winked at the crowd, and headed back the way she came.

Beth: And there went cactus brain. Next time, Beth told herself.

Jean: Jean breathed a sigh of relief when the woman fucked off to wherever she'd come from in the first place. Unfortunately, now the Hodge guy was back.
Bobby: He texted Anna a quick WTF before turning his attention back to the stage. He was just repeating what the senator had said now, and the crowd was getting restless.

Beth: Beth let Carol know that Rogue was out and leaving then turned her attention back to the chaps with inflatable-Stark.

Carol: "How are we looking from up there, Bobby?" Carol frowned between the stage and the crowd.

Bobby: "I think they want senator crazypants back. Hodge just ain't scratching their itch now." He spoke too soon, since Hodge was working himself up now, talking about washing the nation clean, with blood if necessary. Fuck. "Carol..."

Carol: "Yeah, I'm listening. We've heard talk like this before... doesn't really come to anything..."

Jean: Jean touched individual minds in the crowd and winced. "I don't know, some of them seem like they're ready to act. They just need a focus." She strengthened her bubble and took a step closer to Tandy.

Bobby: Noticing the pink field in his peripheral vision, he saw a few others in the crowd taking note of it too. He saw a finger pointing at the girls, others at Beth's purple butterfly.

Tandy: Tandy's powers summoned up a dagger again, sensing the threat. She gripped it tightly at her side.

Beth: Beth just waved from her perch at her adoring fans. She didn't see any of those drunken idiots making it up to her in a hurry.

Carol: Carol's frown deepened and she decided to straighten up again, reaching for the pool of energy inside and activating her other form. Her skin lit up with energy and she remained where she was at the front of the crowd.

Hodge: He'd been worried he was losing control when the senator showed up, but now he wanted to thank her. His adoring followers were even more energized now. On a roll, he raised his arms and took a breath for the climax of his speech. "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore!"

Bobby: The crowd was deafening after that, and he saw a scuffle break out between two flag wearing yahoos, with their equally drunk friends joining in.

Jean: Jean saw Carol light up but didn't follow, knowing that the sight of the phoenix might just make things even worse. Still, she whipped the tie off her wrist and started to braid back her hair.

Beth: Beth worked on nudging some of the less cranky brains that it was time to leave before things got out of hand. Small pockets of people started collecting their stuff and moving toward the nearest exits.

Carol: Carol waited to see if the scuffle would resolve on its own as these things often did. She didn't want to wade in there and make a tense situation worse.

Jean: Jean looked over at Beth, sensing what she was up to. Normally, she wouldn't do this, buuuuut... She started using her empathy to soothe the brains that were more open to it.

Bobby: He stepped aside as some people started to pass him on the way out, grunting when one asshole decided to shoulder check him. Otherwise, he didn't react, since he was still watching the rowdy group. That little cluster seemed to be spreading.

Beth: Beth took advantage of Jean's assistance and nudged the ones she was calming down to also get the fuck out.

Carol: Carol sighed heavily and lifted into the air as the scuffle spread, heading on over into the group, "Okay, settle down..."

Jean: Jean had to stop herself from laughing when a guy wearing an Osborn shirt walloped a guy whose face was painted like a flag with the Stark doll.

Bobby: Okay. He shifted to ice, prompting the crowd to part around him, some shooting him startled looks, others more hostile.

Carol: Hating to do this because they were all drunk and no one was thinking straight... or smelling great, Carol started physically separating groups of people that were getting into physical fights with each other.

Bobby: He nearly laughed when a guy so drunk he could barely stand took a swing at him, then howled when his fist connected to solid ice. Bobby rolled his eyes at the call of "freak!" and caught the guy's wrist to sling him into his buddies. "Go home!"

Jean: Jean sensed the human security guards wading into the mess too and decided to get a little more aggressive with her mellow vibes. I calm and you herd?

Beth: Already on it. Beth assured her, steering more brains toward exits.

Tandy: "I feel useless..." Tandy frowned, moving into a position where she could keep an eye on the shifting crowd better. "Jean, if I tell you to close your eyes, do it fast, okay?"

Jean: "Awww, you're not useless! You're keeping me company!" She glanced at her when she felt her move. "Okay. You gonna flash them? That'd be exciting."

Tandy: "Yes... but not my boobs... and only if I have to."

Carol: Carol felt half empty drinks containers hit her back as she separated another group and shoved the trouble makers back at their friends. She turned to look in the direction the missiles had come from. Oh the guys with the blow up doll. Of course. "Really?"

Bobby: The guy waved the doll and then wound it up like he thought he was Casey at the bat. "Hoo boy. Joke's on you because Tony would absolutely laugh at this."

Jean: Jean giggled at Tandy's reply. "See, you're like a flash bang. Totally handy!" She raised a hand to better focus on a particular group and made a face when someone shouted and winged a beer bottle at her. It bounced off her bubble. "Heeeeey, not cool!"

Tandy: Well two could play at that game. Tandy tossed a light dagger the man's way and watched him double over in shock. It wasn't a strong one but it should make him think twice about his actions.

Carol: "Okay, that's enough out of you..." Carol headed for the group with the doll, "You've had your fun, time to go home to your dissatisfied wives and girlfriends..."

Jean: Jean giggled when the guy's sudden regret washed over her. Unfortunately, a barrage of objects then pinged off her bubble. "Rude."

Tandy: Tandy clocked the throwers of those objects and more light daggers flew from her hands, easily finding their targets.

Bobby: He was wading through the crowd until he got to the group Carol was dealing with, wrestling the doll away from the guy. "Go home, dude," he repeated.

Carol: Oh some actually useful backup. Thank God. She'd been practising the thing she'd accidentally done in the alternate reality with Obi and focused her energy, creating a visible wall of energy between the two agitated groups so they could no longer launch missiles at each other.

Beth: Beth was impressed with the sudden changes of heart a lot of people seemed to be unexpectedly
having, "Holy shit! Is that Tandy's power? Fuck and you were all worried about me..."

Bobby: "Gettin' real tired of being called a freak," he called to Carol, but waved the doll before he tossed it aside. "No," he told the guy who made a move to retrieve it. "Leave it!"

Jean: "It's Tandy and me. We're the dynamic duo!" Jean decided to focus on the group Carol and Bobby were dealing with, sending out some chill along with the suggestion that they really had to pee and it was time to go.

Carol: "Yeah, me too...." Carol sighed, continuing to focus on her energy wall. This required a lot more concentration than she'd like to admit.

Beth: "Bobby! Don't you lose that doll. I need it!"

Bobby: "You'll need to sterilize it!" He laughed, then looked on in amazement when a few of the jeering troublemakers suddenly shook their heads and then booked for the exit.

Jean: Jean eeped when that little suggestion caused one of the idiots to whip it out to pee right there. "No! I don't want to see that!"

Beth: From her perch, Beth's laughter rang out across the remaining crowd.

Carol: At least the crowd was thinning out now. Hodge had long since scurried back into whatever hole he'd crawled out of. Probably pretty proud of himself for this mess too.

Jean: "I think the main threat is over, guys," she said, after looking away from the peeing wonder. "They might wonder later WTF happened, but for now we've got everyone chilled out."

Bobby: "Yeah, so I see..." He watched groups staggering away from them, like a reverse zombie apocalypse. After a moment, he glanced up at the stage. Empty. The human security was mopping up a few people too messy to vacate on their own.

Carol: Carol lowered her hands and the energy barrier faded along with the energy lighting up her skin. Oooooh boy she needed a rest. She sighed, "Okay let's stay and make sure everyone clears out of the parking lot in one piece and then we can call it a night...." And then she could take a nice long nap at her desk while Fury ranted down the phone at her.

Jean: Jean turned to Tandy and held up her hand for a high five. "Mission accomplished! Wanna go get Chinese?"

Tandy: Tandy completed the gesture with Jean and laughed, "Sure. Chinese sounds great."