12/30 Issue: Suicide Planning for the Immortal

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/30 Issue: Suicide Planning for the Immortal

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Contingency Plans.

Carol: After some consideration, Carol decided that this kind of news was best delivered in person so she made the short flight to Bobby's house and landed on the street. The dent in the sidewalk from her previous visit had already been repaired. SHIELD worked fast. She pushed a hand through her hair as she walked to the front door.

Bobby: With Zachary still at daycare because he was running late and Ripley explaining to him in Lorna's 'you're a dumbass' tone that no, she doesn't have any homework, Bobby had already had a day.

Carol: Carol knocked on the door and waited for the sounds of excited Yoda.

Bobby: Carol wouldn't have to wait long, since Yoda immediately perked up from his spot in Rip's lap and nearly fell off the chair in his rush to go yap at the door.

Bobby: "Great, now what?"

Carol: The yapping made her smile. At least someone was pleased to see her.

Bobby: "Yeah, yeah, you did your job! Thanks!" He stepped around the dancing dog and caught sight of who was there through the window. Fuck.

Bobby: He opened the door and wasn't sure at all what his expression said, although he attempted to smile. "Heeeeey..."

Carol: "Hey yourself.... is this a bad time...?" he was looking a little harassed. She caught the bouncing corgi and gave him a cuddle.

Bobby: "It's... always kinda a bad time." He ran his hand through his hair. "Lately, anyway. What's up?"

Carol: "I... it's about Rogue... again..." she gave Yoda a scritch behind the ears before setting him back down.

Bobby: "Fu- of course it is." He shot a look over his shoulder and then stepped out onto the porch, closing the door behind him.

Carol: Carol sighed, "We were gonna wait until she told Tony but... she did something and now it's gone too far so... we kind of have to tell him... and we figured, well I figured, you deserved to know before we did that..."

Bobby: "Wait for what until she told Tony? What'd she do? Who is we? Know that... you're telling him about me and her?!"

Carol: "Rogue... threatened my life today... it wasn't an idle threat, Bobby... she said she would use her powers on me... I can't ignore something like that hanging over my head..." she kept her voice low because of the children and hoped that this would stop Bobby's verbal flailing from getting too loud.

Bobby: "She did what?!" Carol's plan did not work, but he hushed himself quickly. "Motherfucker! What did she say? Exactly? And what did you say?!"

Carol: "Sebastian paid her a visit... let her know that he knows... and so she came to me... put a hole in my office wall..." she sighed, "She's holding me responsible if anyone other than her tells Tony and then she's going to kill me. With her powers. I told her I figured she wasn't doing the team thing anymore and she seemed to think this won't affect that at all..."

Carol: "So... I had to tell Fury because I can't work with her like this and he's my boss... so.... this might go up the chain to Tony anyway... and then she'll come to kill me... and I'd rather be the one in charge of when that happens..."

Bobby: He rubbed his hands over his face and leaned back against the wall. "Fuck me."
Carol: "I'm sorry... I really wanted to let her do this in her own time... but with this threat... you know what it is to threaten me with that... of all people..."

Bobby: "She's..." Bobby shook his head. "Why would she do that? She can't be serious. What the fuck does she think would happen if she did try that on you?"

Carol: "I don't know, Bobby..." she put her face in her hands, "She's not thinking straight and it's dangerous... But I guess I could have reacted to the threat better... I told her she damn well better finish the job..."

Bobby: He dropped his hands to look at her in disbelief. "Well that's like a double dog dare on top of her being crazy."

Carol: "If she takes all my memories of who I am and the people in my life again? I'd rather be dead... I can't go through that again... and it's not fair on my family to put them through that again either... especially after my mom accepted her and Tony into her house and said she was family."

Bobby: "Yeah that's bullshit. Like, when she got carried away with the Marauders, I... I got it. They were bad guys, but this..." Bobby shook his head again and closed his eyes, trying to make himself think rationally.

Carol: "I know... this is so very far from okay and she doesn't even see what the problem is. She thinks it's just a little compartment of her life and doesn't affect anything else... but it's not just her life... everything touches... and now she's threatening my life for the actions of another person like I have any control of them forgetting that I have a family and a kid."

Bobby: "Not that I'm thrilled about fuckin' Sebastian Shaw messing with her, either, but yeah. This is... it affects a lot of people. Your family, my family..." He frowned.

Carol: "I don't think he was even messing with her... just letting her know that he knows... which... a bunch of us know and are waiting for her to get off her ass and tell Tony... so I don't know what one more matters."

Bobby: "Because it's Shaw and she can't get over it." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms to pace the length of the porch, watching Yoda sniff around.

Carol: "Yeah that still sounds like a her problem... She needs to learn to let things go. It's not healthy to hold onto this stuff - she nearly killed me and I let it go... now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have."

Bobby: "Yeah," he sighed, taking another turn on the porch.

Carol: "She also accused me of 'running and crying' to Sebastian because she's an adult... so naturally I went to Sebastian to get the sane version of what happened... Apparently now I have to live at his house until Rogue decides she doesn't want to kill me and play personality pinata in her brain...."

Bobby: Bobby stopped and looked at Carol. "She can't kill me." He cleared his throat and gave her a nod. "I'll tell Tony." Terrible idea, Drake, but what other choice was there now?

Carol: She was taken by surprise and it showed, "Are you sure?"

Bobby: "Nope, not at all, but..." He gave her a helpless shrug. "I haven't been able to tell Paige yet, but it's not like Tony's gonna talk to her... I'll just have to, uh... make that the second priority… to get that death contract off of you."

Carol: She wasn't sure what to say to that so she pulled him into a hug instead.

Bobby: Bobby returned the hug, letting out a held breath. "Fuckin' A... I'm so sorry she said that to you. Feels like... I'm partially to blame. So, I'll do it. I'll tell him. He can't kill me either," he said, trying to laugh.

Carol: "If he tried I'd punch him myself." She gave Bobby a squeeze, "Thank you... whatever happens after... we'll figure it out."

Bobby: What was gonna happen was that Anna would hate him. It made his chest hurt and he closed his eyes. "Yeah... we always do."

Carol: "Sebastian's calling Tony to get him somewhere to talk so... I'll let you know where and you can go instead of us... If you want, we can watch the kids for you while you do that... Miriam'll be pleased..." And Sebastian could deal with it.

Bobby: "Yeah," he nodded, sniffing once as he pulled back to give her a half-hearted smile. "Rip likes her. Thanks."

Carol: "No problem... not even my house I'm inviting them to," she gave him a small grin, "I'll text you the details and you can drop them off or I can pick them up..."

Bobby: "Okay," he said. "Sounds like a great not-suicide plan, babe."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 12/30 Issue: Suicide Planning for the Immortal

Post by Esynthia »

Welp. Nothing will be left for Rogue shortly. *packs her Rogue pants into the runaway bag*