Summer 2015: Clarice

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Summer 2015: Clarice

Post by puppygirl »

Together we will live forever ...

It was amazing how quickly these things could get done, and now here she was, standing next to a little place marker with two names written on it, surrounded by flowers. Groups of mourners filed in and out of the crematorium, gathering around their own markers and flowers.

She'd gotten a few odd looks, the tall, lanky girl dressed head to toe in black, gloved and hooded despite the warm sunshine, but luckily grief makes us selfish and no one said anything, caught up in their own sadness.

White lilies, pink orchids and evergreens form a circle around the names, like a barrier, protecting them from the world, a world who's sorrows couldn't hurt them now. She hoped they were right, as the tears silently slipped down her face, for their sake, and that there was a nice, warm, sunny heaven waiting for them, being held next to the bosom of a loving God. If that wasn't the case then she hoped that their new lives were somewhere safe and happy, they deserved it.

She wipes the back of her hand across the back of her eyes as she feels someone move closer to her and he puts his arms around her. She leans back slightly against him, part of her wishes that she could turn and steal a kiss, and that these were the arms of a lover that she was being held in, but the fact that they are the arms of someone who loves her so dearly, even if not in the way she secretly wishes, is more then enough, and she knew that those named on the marker would be at peace knowing she was in the care of one who loved her as much a his own blood.

A cloud passes over the sun, and she watched the preacher hired for the ceremony driving out of the car park and she takes that as a signal. Glancing over her shoulder she sees the friends and teachers who had come to support her on this day, the ones who had never given up on her, who had saved her, and she knows that no matter what she is loved, that it takes more then blood to be a family.

She smiles wobbly at the man holding her, and nods. She blows a final kiss at the plaque and they turn to walk away, his arm around her shoulder, holding her close. Her room mate slides her small hand into hers and gives her a reassuring smile.

As the sun comes out, she knows everything will be okay.
Last edited by puppygirl on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Camping Adventures

Post by puppygirl »

<@Lorna> It wasn't quite the camping Lorna was used to, a bit more close to people and, of course, more 'tree-y' but it ws definitely gorgeous up in the park. "So, what do you think? I think we've got to haul our equipment up the path and park down here but not a bad spot all ready, eh?"

<Clarice> "Why haul when you've got a teleporter?" Clarice giggled, spinning around to admire the view in 360, "Ooooh this is perfect! Exactly what I need Professor Mrs. Drake! We can definetly stay here!"

<@Lorna> "Glad to see you're out porting around then." She laughed, popping Millie's trunk once they were in their spot. "I was pretty sure you'd like it and you're more than close enough to places for supplies and such if you need them."

<Clarice> "I had to when Professor Rogue blew up the floor of the textiles room and I needed more material for my sleeping bag," Clarice explained, pulling out said sleeping bag as well as her hiking bag, "nothing nasty happened and no one seemed that ... upset by it ... except that bald boy, but I think he runs screaming from everything ..."

<@Lorna> "Yeaaah, Pea...Jimmy is a little spooked now and then it seems." She chuckled at the idea even though she was sure it wasn't exactly fair to do so. Once everything was out Lorna closed the trunk up and pocketed her keys. "You don't have anything to worry about on that front, glad you've all ready started to dart around still."

<Clarice> Clarice opened up a portal to thier chosen camping site, "Bit more then now and then, Hope was saying that she only had to make fast motions and he was off like a jack-rabbit! I think it cheers her up when he does that," she smiled a little, "I ... I was thinking that maybe I should get back into the whole super-hero thing too ... maybe?"

<@Lorna> "Whenever you're ready, Clarice." Lorna smiled over at that as she started to set bags where they would eventually go. "Hopefully we won't have to be superheroing for anything any time soon, yeah?" She knew they could both use a break on that front. "But training and whatnot is always good, yeah? Having a few patrolls around the place and all that."

<Clarice> Clarice nodded and poked her flat belly, "I need to get back into training, I'm starting to loose muscle definition," she said thoughtfully, "And Jean-Paul said that would be the best way to prove to people that I'm not a bad guy."

<@Lorna> "Well, he's not wrong." Lorna shrugged, going to construct one of the tents. "But really, it's all up to you whenever you're ready for something like that, you know. You don't need to prove anything."

<Clarice> Clarice went to start putting up her own tent, remembering how Lukas did it and then blushing a little at the memory of him kissing her hand, "I don't want the world thinking I'm evil though ... that's not the legacy I wanna leave behind, ma'am."

<@Lorna> "Well, no matter what we do? Someone's going to probably think we're evil just because of what we are...but you're not evil and you can show that to people if you want." Lorna assured her, smiling as she watched the girl put the tent together. "You learn fast."

<Clarice> Clarice blushed a little deeper, "I had help ... cute help in learning how to do this ..." she had contemplated asking Professor Mrs. Drake, a much married woman, some advice when it came to dealing with the not as fair sex, but with what had happened to Ex-Professor Mr. Drake that probably wouldn't have been ... umm ... wise.

<@Lorna> "Cute help, hmmmm?" It might not be thought wise but Lorna couldn't resist teasing a person.

<Clarice> Clarice giggled, trying to concentrate on her tent and taking that as an okay to broach the 'boy' subject, "Lukas, he found me trying to set up and gave me a helping hand ... a think he's flirting with me and I'm pretty sure his friend Fabian is too."

<@Lorna> "Be careful now, those are some dangerous waters there." She laughed though. She figured they were probably the type to flirt with anything that stood mostly upright and were capable of speech but who was she to spoil either fun.

<Clarice> "Dangerous how?" Clarice frowned, "I know they were working for my Uncle but I don't think they're really evil ... maybe just a little ... misguided?"

<@Lorna> "Oh, no, no, I meant normal kinds of dangerous when dealing with such things, yeah?" She laughed, shaking her head. "I mean, might want to watch out for the 'misguided' bit as well but you might have career flirts on your hand, too."

<Clarice> "Oh ..." Clarice looked a little disapointed at that and turned back to her tent, "I just ... never really had anyone act like they were interested in me like that ..." she said softly.

<Clarice> It was a little saddeing to think that maybe they were just interested in the fact she was a girl, rather then interested in her for herself ...

<@Lorna> "Now I'm not saying they're not interested. I don't see why they wouldn't be. Just don't take any crap from them, yeah? You just keep them in line." She reached over and squeezed the girl's shoulder as she stood up.

<Clarice> Clarice gave a small smile, "Soo ... you're saying don't let them mess me around?" She nodded, "Okay, I can do that it's just ... I think I'd like to experice this thing you humans call 'love'," she smiled a little wider, hoping she'd managed to get the geeky joke right.

<@Lorna> "That's it exactly, and that's step one in experiencing it, too. Because if they just want to mess you around and you set boundaries they'll give up, and if there's a chance of more they'll stick around now, won't they?"

<Clarice> "What sort of boundaries are we talking about then?" Clarice frowned, "I mean ... I think I made it clear that I'm not just going to ..." she blushed a little again when she realised she was talking to a teacher about this, "not ... not going to just sleep with them? What else should I do?"

<@Lorna> "Basically, you see them doing something you don't like you just let them know it, yeah? That's all up to you...so, what do you say to a fire and some s'mores?"

<Clarice> "That sounds easy enough- S'mores! I've always wanted to try proper s'mores! Can you show me how to make the campfire and stuff? Oh! And I brought a kettle so we can have some hot chocolate too!" Clarice took that as a prompt to change the subject, which she was more then happy to do if it involved the fabled s'mores.

<@Lorna> "Watch and learn, my dear, watch and learn." Lorna laughed, going into her supplies for her shovel. "You gather some starter wood, I'll dig the pit."

"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: Summer 2015: Clarice

Post by Ferguson »

<Lorna> Lorna drug herself out of her tent as zombies shuffle from the gutter, slowly and bleary-eyed just clinging to un-life. "Uuuugh, I don't remember the mornings being this bad. I think I still have the flu I've had for a while."

<@Clarice> Clarice gave Lorna a concered look as she worked on building up the fire to make some toast for breakfast, "Oh no ... you don't think you've gonna be sick again do you? Do you want me to dig you another pit?"

<Lorna> "I think I'm okay, just need coffee." She sat down on the log they had drug up to the fire the night before, looking at the pot and the strainer she had brought. This would make coffee, she was determined.

<@Clarice> Clarice had put her own pot onto the fire to make herself a cup of caffine-free tea, and the toast hand been pre-speared on the cooking sticks they'd found, "Maybe just to be on the safe-side you should just have dry toast, butter might agravate your tummy," she suggested sympathetically, snuggling down slightly in her fleece jacket, worn to combat the early morning chill.

<Lorna> "Coffee first." Lorna nodded in agreement though, putting her water on to boil. It needed to go a lot faster. "So, how'd you weather the night?"

<@Clarice> "It was good, it really was worth getting the super-expensive sleeping bag, I think I might start using it when we get back to school," she chuckled, "I thought it might bring back memories of being homeless, but this is way nicer, mostly since there's no drunk people."

<Lorna> "And if there are they're usually happy drunk people." Lorna chuckled a bit. "Nah, it's pretty fun really. When I feel like a human again we should definitely go hiking, never been on any of the paths here. What say you?"

<@Clarice> Clarice nodded eagerly, "I think that sounds like an idea!" She stated as her pot began to boil and she poured the water into a tin cup with a teabag and putting the toast onto the fire.

<Lorna> "In that case I'd best get on that human thing." Lorna pulled her toiletries bag closer to her, going for the cool water off of the fire to wash up.

<@Clarice> "I'll make your coffee for you!" Clarice offered as Lorna went to wash up, digging out the other woman's cup, humming happily under her breath.

<Lorna> "You're awesome!" Lorna said, although at the time she was brushing her teeth so it didn't come out near as neatly as it could have. Teeth cleaned, however, she washed her face and stored everything away, reaching for her birth control.

<Lorna> ...huh. Lorna blinked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Why was the pill box on it's off week and..."Oh fuck me no."

<@Clarice> Clarice's head shot up at the cursing, "What's wrong, Professor?"

<Lorna> How many days had she been on this week and not noticed? Maybe it was just la-nope, just about done with this week of pills and nothing happened. So much for being observant. "Well..."

<@Clarice> "Well what?" Clarice got up and walked over to Lorna, peering over her shoulder and not quite understanding as she'd never had to worry about birth control herself, "You ... ran out of medication?" She hazarded, "I can port us to a pharmacy and we can get some more?"

<Lorna> "Noooo, I'm not out." Lorna held the package out for her to see. "We might want to have a stop by the store though."

<@Clarice> "Oh?-" She looked at the package, read the name and realization dawned, "... Ooooh ... oohboy ... umm ... shall we skip the coffee then?" She fidgited nervously, feeling very out of her depth all of a sudden.

<Lorna> "...we'll get coffee there too." Lorna needed coffee now. "You know where you're going?"

<@Clarice> Clarice thought for a moment and then nodded, "I guess that's something good that came out of ... what hapened, I can be a bit more precise with my portals now ..." she glanced back at the fire, "is it okay to leave it?"

<Lorna> "...damn, no, we'd better douse the fire." Lorna shoved her birth control back in the bag and grabbed the water, putting the fire out. "Okay...store."

<@Clarice> Clarice squealed indignatly as her breakfast was soaked too, but she had enough self preservation not to mention it juuust yet, she grabbed her own purse (well ... not so much a purse as a quiver that she just kept her valubles in as well as her javelins) and a portal opened infront of them with a bliiiink and she poked her head through, "Yep, store on the other side."

<Lorna> "Okay...I'll buy you breakfast too, yeah? It's not exactly the camping experience but we'll make sure lunch is extra campy." She tried to joke as she stepped on through.

<@Clarice> Clarice followed her through and the portal blinked out behind them, the store was thankfully pretty empty this time of morning so Clarice made her way to the counter, "Umm ... excus-no Please don't run away!" The clerk had taken one look at the mutant walking towards him, screamed and then tried to escape via the staff door which seemed to be jammed.

<@Clarice> "Promise I'm not gonna hurt you we just-" Clarice sighed sadly, obviously these people weren't as used to seeing mutants as the people back in New York were ..."

<Lorna> "Hiiii." Lorna just waved. "We'll be on our way soon, promise...where are your pregnancy tests? We'll just nip over there, grab one and whatever else we need and leave the money?"

<@Clarice> The man garbled out an answer, pointed and managed to get the door open, scuttling inside and slamming it shut behind him, "Umm ... take that as an okay?" Clarice sighed again, "I'm used to people reacting badly to my look, it never really bothered me before but now ... do you think he's scared of mutants or of the Herald?"

<Lorna> "I imagine it's more we popped right into the store out of nowhere, really." Lorna winced a little bit but couldn't help but chuckle. "Lesson learned, we'll try behind the store next time?" She started in the direction he had pointed out, frowning at the shelf. "Why are there so many types?"

<@Clarice> "'Cos if there was only one it would dominate the market, therefore causing a stagnation of innovation and unreasonable pricing," Clarice said confidently, Farouk would most certainly pleased that some one had been paying attention in his classes.

<Lorna> "But seriously, how many ways can there possibly be to make a stick you pee on. It's not like we have millions of brands of floss." Well, the cheapest ones were probably dangerous so Lorna went for the middle of the line. "I guess this one's as good as any."

<@Clarice> "Some of them are electric? Maybe they play rock-a-bye baby if it's positive?" Clarice herself went and picked herself up some dry shampoo while they were here, just incase water for washing hair became an issue.

<Lorna> "Oh my god that would be the creepiest thing on the face of this planet." Lorna didn't want to think about that at all. "Okay...so we've got what we've come for...pick up some dry breakfast, coffee, and we're good?"

<@Clarice> Clarice nodded, looking at the box in Lorna's hand, "Umm ... you gonna do that back at camp then?"

<Lorna> "...I don't have to pee yet." Lorna admitted sheepishly under her breath. "Coffee first."

<@Clarice> "Okay," Clarice nodded, leaving some money on the counter now and calling to the locked door, "Umm ... we're leaving now, have a nice day sir!"

<Lorna> Lorna chipped in on the expenses. "We didn't steal anything! Promise. We've bought you a candybar, too." Why not, after all?" Lorna set the snickers on the bar with the money, taking a deep breath. "So, campward?"

<@Clarice> "You owe me breakfast, remember?" Clarice smiled, trying to keep things light as she opened up another portal.

<Lorna> "How does hashbrowns sound to you?" Lorna offered, making her way through the portal. "That I can definitely manage. Just have to let them do their thing."

<@Clarice> "Hashbrowns sound yummy," Clarice agreed, following Lorna through the portal back to the camp site, "... do we gotta built a new firepit since that one's all soggy now?" She asked, picking up her tea and taking a sip, it was still warm.

<Lorna> "Nah, it'll have dried out pretty well, just need a little extra wood and starter to get it to take off." Lorna sat down to repair their fire and get breakfast started, setting a mug of water aside to start chugging. "Thanks Clarice, that was definitely better than having to head into town on my own."

<@Clarice> "Anytime Professor," Clarice smiled, gathering the extra wood for Lorna, "Umm ... what're you gonna do if ... if you are? It'd be ... it's your husband's baby, right?"

<Lorna> "It's either that or you'd better get ready for the second coming." Lorna advised, reaching for her water and starting in on it. "Well...we'll just have to find out, won't we?"

<@Clarice> Clarice began to gnaw on a fingernail between sips of her tea ... she had absolutly no idea what she should say or do or ... anything really in thi situation, "I ... umm ... I won't telly anyone if you don't want me to, Professor."

<Lorna> "Thanks...if I have to be pregnant I should at least get to see the stunned silence on people's faces." She poured herself another cup of water, chugging it down in a similar manner.

<@Clarice> "Yeah ..." Clarice busyed herself with getting the hashbrowns out to cook, sipping her tea some more, "you know ... they-they say caffine is bad for babies," she said hessitantly, the b-word was strange.

<Lorna> "....I'll have to cut back in that case."

<Lorna> "No coffee, however, is bad for everone."

<Lorna> "But, in the meantime, I go to the tree." She picked herself up, heading away to find out the mystery of the moment.

<Lorna> Fifteen minutes later, that mystery was too clear. "Oh shit."

<@Clarice> "Good luck!" Clarice called, not even sure what Lorna would consider 'good luck'.
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 »

Awwwwwwwwww at the funeral bit but zomg cuteness with the baby ^^
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

awww, yeah, i just read the funeral bit. :cry Very well done, Pupples...
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

:) Thanks guys, I was really happy with how that little ficlet came out *hugs*

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

<@Clarice> It had been kinda nice, being by herself, nothing to do but relax and meditate and see to her basic needs. Clarice sighed as she sprawled back against the grass, watching the sunlight through the leaves.

<@Clarice> She hoped Professor Mrs. Drake was okay, normally a baby was a good thing but with what had happened with her husband ... it was a sticky situation, to be sure. Clarice glanced at her food stores, she was running out of tea and marshmallows, this would not do! A quick trip into a city was in order to restock her supplies!

<@Clarice> Claimbed to her feet Clarice strapped her quiver bag onto her back and opened a portal, walking through it she emerged in a small, dark alleyway ... and frowned, she could hear people screaming. She crept to the entrance of the alley to investigate.

<Hydroman> He was having a whale of a time today, good sun and beautiful weather and it was summer break which meant more kids to scare and girls to impress with his powers! Having already gotten into the bank scared the people out and used his ability to buckle the vault door, he was looking to have a very rich afternoon indeed.

<Hydroman> Bag of money slung over his shoulder he swagger out of the bank and back into the street, laughing as the police bullets simply glided through his water form. "Your bullets can't stop me you morons!" Icing up his arm he batted the police car out of the way and carried on walking confident no one could stop the great hydroman!

<@Clarice> It was another mutant! And he was using his powers for evil! The spark of the old, Astounding Blink kindled in the back of her mind, You can't let him get away with this!

<@Clarice> Clarice worried her lip, she was dressed in hotpants, a vest top and her hiking boots ... kinda Lara Croft-ish ... and look! He was smashing up police cars! She had to do something! She quickly checked that her purse and phone were securely zipped into her quiver and, looking more bold then she felt, stepped out into the street, "Hold villian!"

<Hydroman> To busy whistling in congratulating to himself to actually hear what was shouted, he cocked his head at the noise before turning enough to see who was calling for him, not that he could blame them. "Sooo what can I do for you fellow mut- hottie? Come to join me in lounging in the spoils, right now I can promise a very fun afternoon if you like?" Gods be praised she was one hell of a hot mutant, and that pink so matched him.

<@Clarice> "What you can do for me is return your ill-gotten gains!" Clarice said imperiously, falling back into her old Batman lingo for the comfort it offered, "Otherwise I am going to have to place you under a citizen's arrest!"

<Hydroman> "Oh jeez not another bloody vigilante chick. can't one of you be the sexy evil sidekick for once? I really need one." Dropping the bag of money on the floor he iced it over to keep it safe before turning to properly face the girl. "Look I really don't like hitting girls, so walk away now and I'll go play with my new cash elsewhere yeah sweetie?"

<@Clarice> Clarice opened a portal under the pile of ice, dropping it back into the bank vault much o the suprise of the terrified cashiers, "How about no, last chance, turn yourself in villian, before I use force."

<Hydroman> He looked at the disappeared cash with a rather large amount of annoyance then. "Hey I worked really hard to steal that! Why are you being so goodie two shoes anyway pinkie?!" Taking in a deep breath he changed fully into his tower of water form, arms folded liek an unimpressed parent. "Come on then sweetcheeks, if you think you hero enough!"

<@Clarice> Clarice swept one food behind her, lowering her body slightly as she took up a fighting stance, conjuring up one of her javelins and holding it like a knife, "I don't think, I know I am." She was the Astounding Blink and an X-Man, she could do this!

<Hydroman> "Come on honey you a hero? You look like Lara croft gone wrong!" he didn't rush her he rushed the car near her, solidfying his water intime to punt the car off the floor and at her. Lets see how the little girl likes being crushed!

<@Clarice> Clarice threw up her arms like she was gong to shield herself, and a portal opened up above her, the car vanishing into it, a few seconds later a second portal opened up behind the other mutant and the car came flying out towards him.

<Hydroman> To busy listening to no exsistent cheers and rasing his arms in self salute he didn't see why the car disappeared behind her, only that it did. "How the he-AHHHH!" Car hitting him and rolling as his body blasted forth into an over excited puddle.

<@Clarice> Clarice rolled out of the way of the car and eyed the puddle warily, rocking slightly on her heels to keep herself loose, "Had enough?"

<Hydroman> There were actually afew cheers for the strange pink mutant then off the hesitant bystanders, police cautiously approaching wondering what to do with the puddle, mop and bucket maybe?

<Hydroman> With a whole lot of concentration he pulled himself back together slowly, all the little puddles and droplets running together and pouring upwards into a more human form. Dusting himself off out of habit he grinned at her. "Come on you think a cars going to stop me?"

<@Clarice> Clarice gave him a tight little smile, wondering if maye she was out of her depth (ah-ha) here, "Of course not, that would be too easy," she opened a portal under him, hoping to catch him and drop him somewhere in the atlantic ocean.

<Hydroman> He felt the drop form beneath him and splashed forward in an effort to save himself from the sudden disappearance. Then glaring at Clarice he pulled at the nearby water, exploding hydrants and pulling more water into his form so he could grow bigger. Then hitting the nearest cars he started aiming bigger objects at Clarice.

<@Clarice> Darn it! She hated it when they moved! She caught the larger projectiles in portals and tried to aim then so they wouldn't hurt anything when they landed, "That all you got? You're just gonna keep on throwing stuff at me? I can keep this up all day!" She lied, trying to gode him into dong something stupid.

<Hydroman> "I dunno sweetie? Can you breath under water?" As he'd been throwing things he'd also been moving quickly closer to the pink girl, drawing in the water till he was a tower of it, and then he pounced engulfing her in the water and freezing her skill to keep her in. "Silly little bint!"

<@Clarice> Just as the water froze Clarice jammed her crystal blade into the forming ice and detonated it, the water blowing apart into it's basic molecules, giving her time to drop and roll away from it, coughing and hacking up water and she scrambled to her feet, okay, she needed a plan and fast!

<Hydroman> There was a spund of pain from Hydroman as he burst apart and splattered acroos the street again, water steaming as it was trying to re merge, that blast had made everything hurt. "Your really starting to get on my nerves!" Came the slurred rushing sounding voice from a half formed face.

<@Clarice> ... And there was the plan, Clarice summoned another crystal and threw it at the face.

<Hydroman> there was another explosion then blasting the water father apart, when it was heated by someone else it hurt! And thanks to the dizziness caused it was taking him longer and longer to pull himself together

<@Clarice> Okay so he was stunned, good job but not time to celebrate just yet, "Officer? Do you have facilities to contain this miscreant?" She demanded, pointing at the police chief. He gave her a baffled look and shook his head, "Goshdarnit!" Looked like a sea voyage was in order then, but he was spread so much across the lanscape now.

<@Clarice> She took a deep breath an concentrated, focusing on opening the biggest portal she could under the soggy street, "Everybody stand back!" She ordered, "Unless you wanna join him in the Atlantic!" There was was a lot of sudden scurrying and running as people moved to get out of the way.

<@Clarice> Once the street was clear a brilliant pink light filled the area, and the soggy remains of Hydroman dropped through and vanished, landing somewhere in the atlantic ocean.

<Hydroman> With the mutant gone the police were more then happy to take the easier job of crowd dispersal, well if the crowd wanted to be dispersed which they didn't. "Isn't that the Herald!" Came one or two panic'd shouts from varying people noticing for the first time who had saved them. "No Thats BLINK! From the XMEN! OMG WE GOT SAVED BY AN XWOMEN!" Came the next set of cries from a bunch of fangirls.

<Hydroman> The cheering came then from the mob of people all of them grateful that they'd all be saved, the bank protected and the best part? No deaths or injuries. "Bink!Blink!Blink!"

<@Clarice> Clarice blushed bright purple at that and gave a small curtsy to the crowd, "Just doing my duty, citizens," she giggled slghtly.

<@Clarice> Yep, everything was gonna be just fine in the end, and that's what mattered most.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heeeheeeee! That was super cute!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Blink, Blink, Blink, Blink!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

<@Clarice> Well, luckily they hadn't moved them into new rooms yet, the stuff she'd left behind was still piled up on top of the dresser. Clarice dropped her rucksack onto the ground and flopped onto the bed ... ahhh, camping was fun but bed was niiiiice. She toed her boots and socks off before grabbing some clean clothes and headding to the bathroom.

<@Clarice> Bed was nice but nap-time wasn't now, so after a quick shower to refresh herself and changing into clean clothes she decided she'd go and let Professor Mrs. Drake she was back safe and sound ... and also check up on her, she'd been a bit worried after she'd drove home.

<@Clarice> Standing in the middle of the room Clarice sucked on her bottom lip as she thought, it was still vacation so she probably wouldn't be in her office? Maybe she was still at the Kent's apartment? A portal appeared infront of her and she walked through, re-emerging at the top of the stairs leading to the flat and knocked on the door, "Helloooooo?"

<Lorna> "Come in!" The words were a bit muffled as Lorna was enjoying a nice solo buffet at the moment as Darren and Selene hadn't arrived home just yet. A few papers were scattered in front of her, plans for next year's courses and special events, busywork to keep her from thinking too much about Bobby and everything this early on.

<@Clarice> Score! Clarice opened the door and peered around it into the living room, "Hiiiiiii!" She chirped, "I'm back!"

<Lorna> "Clarice! Hello! Come have dinner with me." Lorna shuffled the papers away, unwilling to let go of her secrets just yet. "So, how was camping after I had to leave?"

<@Clarice> "I kicked bear and supervillian hiney!" Clarice giggled, walking in and shutting the door behind her, taking a seat at the table and helped herself to some doritos, "it was super-fun! I can't believe I've never done it before, it was a shame you had to leave so soon."

<Lorna> Well, that was definitely not the typical thing for camping but Lorna had to laugh. "Well, it sounds like you had a good time then. No worries, I've been plenty busy here, actually."

<@Clarice> "Baby-stuff?" Clarice asked as casually as possible, "are you okay about the baby? You seemed a bit ... umm ... not upset but something like it when you found out, I was worried about you ma'am," she located a juice carton and poked the straw in to take a nice long slurp.

<Lorna> "It's not exactly the best time for a baby, after all, but I'm fine." She shook her head though. "At the moment no, just class stuff, but I've done plenty of baby stuff as it is. Bobby's been released on a government leash as well."

<@Clarice> "... Really?" Clarice blinked her big green eyes in suprise, "but I thought he did this thing where he handed himself in and maybe a trial and stuff? How come they let him go?" And what did that mean for the relationship! She needed to call Riko and have a gossip!

<Lorna> "They found a better use for him apparently. We're lucky, too. If people recognized him during the trial as one of us that could have went pretty badly." Lorna admitted. Of course, she was also glad that wasn't happening for purely selfish reasons, too.

<@Clarice> Clarice considered this for a moment, "You're probably right, bad enough you have the Horsemen and stuff here," she grinned, "I saved a town from a bad mutant who was robbing the bank and trashing the place and they didn't care that I was the Herald, they were all cheering for Blink the X-Man!" She declared happily.

<Lorna> "Of course, you have your fans." She grinned at the girl, laughing. "You're too nice not to, after all. Even if people aren't fans you don't need to worry about them at all. They're either bigots or they don't know you."

<@Clarice> Clarice smiled happily, "It's nice to be reassured like that though, wish you had been there though. I had to let the miscreant get away since we had no way of containing him," she sighed.

<Lorna> "Well, sometimes a good lesson can be learned from being let go. We hope anyway, yeah?"

<@Clarice> "I hope so," Clarice said, inspecting the samosa's for possible meat, "but he seemed like a career bad-guy and I'm pretty sure he was trying to kill me at one point," she shrugged.

<Lorna> "Then we will potentially see him again." Lorna pulled a face, seeing her eye the samosas. "They're potato and chickpea, knock yourself out."

<@Clarice> "Whoooo!" Clarice grabbed a couple, "If we do, he's not that hard to beat even though he's super-powerful, he's ... well ... pretty dumb. So have the new teachers arrived? They seemed really nice on the googlely."

<Lorna> "Oh yeah, Paige is here now. I think basically everyone for staff has filed in all ready. It should be an interesting year for classes, I will say."

<@Clarice> "Awesome! I can't wait to meet them all," Clarice smiled around her samosas, "Oh ... umm ... on a similar subject, umm ... what should I call you now? Are you still gonna be Professor Mrs. Drake now or something else?" She looked awkwardly down at the table.

<Lorna> "Actually? You can just call me Lorna, you know." She laughed, glad to be rid of a bit of the Professor flinging about. "I find it pretty much covers everything and I never fail to answer to it...plus my name makes people think of cookies."

<@Clarice> "Are you sure? I ... hmm ... I dunno, it always seemed kinda disrespectful to call your betters by their first names," she shrugged, "least that's what my parents always said, you should always be poliet and respectful to the people incharge."

<Lorna> "I may be in charge? But I'm not your better. If anything this whole thing last semester taught us? All kinds of people screw up. I mean, some people I'll admit it'd be weird not to call Professor but you definitely don't have to call me that."

<@Clarice> "Okay then ... Lorna," she giggled slightly at the inpropiety, "well I'd better get going and leave to your work. I only wanted to let you know I was home safe and sound. Thank you for the food-oh, ca I ask you a quick question? When will I have to move my stuff into a new room? We get new roomies and stuff for the new school year, right?"

<Lorna> "Oh yeah, you'll be getting your new roomie all right. We'll post the new rooms a bit before everything starts to give you time to shuffle back and forth. Looking forward to a new year then?"

<@Clarice> Clarice nodded and smiled, "Oh yeah, here's hoping that I'll be here for all of it this time," she gave Lorna a quick hug, "Thank you for introducing me to the joys of camping Prof-uh-Lorna. I think I'm gonna go have a nice hot bath and then unpack," she went to leave, "you need anything and you think I can help, you'll let me know, right?"

<Lorna> "Of course." Lorna cracked a grin at the girl. "And we'll do our best to keep you here this time, too. I'll see you around then?"

<@Clarice> "Definetly," Clarice nodded, "Take care, Professor!" and she stepped through a doorway of light and vanished.

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A Japanese Medley of Instances

Post by puppygirl »

<@Clarice> Clarice held Ankka's hand tightly as they made thier was through arrivals, thanks to his huge presence at her side the trip hadn't been all that bad, but she was still getting a lot of funny looks from people.

<Ankka> Ankka stretched, so, so glad to be in Japan at last. He couldn't say he'd had an uneventful summer, but he was glad they'd had no more incidents when they'd rolled into Finland. He looked down at the small pink girl with a smile, not minding holding her hand - hey, he'd had his arm around her for the trip too. Noriko would understand. "Are you okay, Clarice? Just need to find Nori now yes?"

<@Clarice> "I don't like flying commerical," Clarice peered around the airport, "think she's made a sign?"

<Noriko> Noriko was with her new sister at the gates watching as people got off the plane, both her and Misuki making a blinding sight in their neon Cyber clothes. Though it was easy to tell Misuki from Noriko as she was almost a head taller and marked with burn scars. They had infact made a sign a big one with a big pink lightening bolt coming of a neon yellow hammer.

<Ankka> Ankka looked around idly, before grinning. "I think they might have done, sveetheart." He squeezed her hand. "Look over there, mmm?" He raised a hand and waved, his sheer size alone catching a lot of looks, let alone his companion. "Is okay, is over now, and you can relax, yes?"

<@Clarice> Clarice looked in the direction Ankka was pointing and grinned when she saw the sign, "Riko!" She waved frantically as they made thier way over, weaving through the crowd, "Heee! You're nearly as right as meee!"

<Noriko> Noriko and Misuki darted through the crowd so Noriko could glomp Clarice. "Eeeeeee I missed you guys sooooooo much! I've got the house already and everything! And teh gardens set up and the foods on cooking and-" "Hey Noriko take a breather!" The other girl giggled causing Noriko to stop for a moment.

<Noriko> "Oh right sorry heee, Misuki this is my new best mate Clarice and my wonderful boyfriend Ankka. Clarice Ankka this is my best friend Misuki who hand to put up with me since kindergarten."

<Ankka> "Excuse me a moment." And then Noriko was swept up in a hug, picked up and soundly and solidly kissed. He'd missed his little spark so much, and the kiss showed it. Finally, he broke it, putting her down, grinning. "Misuki! So you're the girl I owe drinks to, yes?"

<@Clarice> "Pleased to finally meet you, Misuki," Clarice smiled at the girl and held out a hand as Ankka and Noriko kissed.

<Noriko> Misuki snorted at the kiss before shaking Clarice's hand it was the american thing to do apparently. "Yes you do owe me drinks and pleasure to meet you Clarice, nic eto finally meet you both." Finally put down Noriko had a brillaintly dazed look on her face along with a huge grin. "So shall we like.... go get whatsit.... luggage?"

<Ankka> "Sorry about that." Ankka didn't look particularly sorry. "Yes, luggage. It's good to meet you, Misuki...and it's good to be in Japan." He sighed. "It's been one hell of a summer, honestly."

<Noriko> Noriko Tugged on Ankka and Clarice's arms heading towards the luggage. "When we get home you have to tell us all about it! And Clarice you've gotta tell us about getting on the news! Also mom gave us money for a cab so no boring bus rides!"

<@Clarice> "... Or I could just teleport us to your home if you tell me where it is," Clarice smiled, letting herself be tugged along, "I don't think Ankka would fit into a cab with the three of us."

<Ankka> "You'll be surprised. I managed to fit into a care vith four other people - and a jacuzzi." Ankka grinned, letting himself be tugged along like a giant balloon. "Vhen ve get back, girls, I vill tell you the tale of my European adventure, and vhy those pictures vere a godsend."

<Noriko> "And a Jacuzzi eh? sounds like there shall be many stories!" More then bouncy at the moment and still charged up from yesterday, finally they were at the baggage bit where Noriko had more room to run around the group. "Gods this is going to be so awesome! We can totally make a pillow fort and share stories!"

<@Clarice> Clarice smiled, looking between herself and Ankka, they were both very tall people, "Gonna need a lot of pillows then."

Time passes ...

<Noriko> Having eventually given Clarice the right directions they had managed to port back to the sisters house, building looking rather new thanks to the new extenstion and paint. Neither parent was home yet so Noriko was able to give them a tour, help them unpack in the huge room they were all sharing and then take them out back to set up for tea and food.

<Noriko> Though not before a huge fluffy dog accosted Ankka, barking and slobbering all over him.

<Ankka> Ankka was more than used to big dogs accosting him, grinning and kneeling down to scruff his hands through the fluff. "Vell hello there, my friend - you can smell your Finnish brethren, yes? Or are you attacking me to avenge your ancestors?"

<@Clarice> "PUPPY!" Clarice squeaked happily, kneeling down next to Ankka to scritch behind his ears, "Oh you're such a pretty boy, yes you are, yes you are!" She gleed.

<Noriko> Ankka got his face thoroughly washed before it was Clarice's turn, yapping as he was talked at curly tail thwapping happily at the newcomers. Noriko skipped outside with teh basket full of stuff in her arms and laughed at her dog. "Guys this is my Akita he's called Roshi, he's mega friendly and does tricks for everyone."

<Ankka> Ankka laughed. "Vhen I can, I'll have to introduce you to my dogs, girls...a three-legged huskie and a half-volf." He scritched the happily wagging dog before straightening. "He's beautiful, Noriko. Do you need a hand?"

<@Clarice> "Half wolves are illegal in the US," Clarice said, wreastling Roshi onto his back to she could rub his tummy, "Oooooh, you're such a good boy arn't you? Yes you are!"

<Noriko> Misuki came out after Noriko carrying the outdoor stove and utensils both the girls shaking there heads before taking it out onto the tatami mat. "I could use a bit of help starting the stove up though?" Stuff put down Misuki went to grab the table while noriko started messing with the stove. Roshi was loving this Clarice getting all sorts of huffy noises and waggy tails off the dog before he turned the tables and started washing her face.

<Ankka> "In theory they're illegal in most places, but ve get avay vith it. He lives in my cabin - sometimes a volf vill manage to get to one of the females of the vorking dogs." Ankka chuckled. "Ve have a few half-volfs on the teams, actually, they make good leaders if they don't have to be put down. Mine's just a pup and stupid as hell." He came over to the stove, eying it up. "If I zap it, vill it explode?"

<@Clarice> Clarice giggled and flailed as she was given a doggy bath, "Eeeeeheheheheeee! We're gonna be great friends, arn't we Roshi?" She rolled to her feet, scratching his back before headding to the bathroom to wash her face.

<Noriko> Noriko just shrugged holding up a pack of matches and waving them about. "Gods know.... I just need it lighting hehe dad normally does it for me." Waiting for Clarice to get back she waved and bounced alittle. "Clarice needs to tell us her saving the day story now! Then european stories!"

<@Clarice> Clarice returned, toweling her face dry and grinning, "Wait untill we've had lunch first? I'm starving, what've we got?"

<Ankka> Ankka chuckled, taking the matches and lighting it for her, poking the flames about until it was burning merrily. "There ve go." He gave Noriko a kiss on the cheek before stretching and wondering idly how the new guys were finding the school so far.

<Noriko> Fire going she put the 2 containers of water next to the flames to heat up and started using her chopping board to prepare everything. "Rice and Vegetable stew, with sushi started bits which is what Misuki's starting now cause dinners gonna take a bit. Then we have coffee jelly and icecream for desert!"

<@Clarice> "Ooooh, that sounds so nice, but can I have tea instead of coffee? I try not to drink caffine if I can?" Clarice asked, peering at the sushi preperations.

<Noriko> Misuki slowed down to show Clarice what she was doing as Noriko laughed. "No its coffee flavoured jelly I mean, and I made sure its decaf for us both haha."

<Ankka> "Oh! That reminds me-" Ankka disappeared inside, before coming back out with an unlabled bottle of dark, warm golden liquid. "Misuki, a little taste of home. I have a couple of other bottles vith me too, but this is for you to try. Just...go easy, yes? Is strong." He grinned, remembering the sushi date he and Noriko had gone on. "And I can actually use chopsticks now."

<@Clarice> "Oooh, coffee flavoured jello you mean?" Clarice blinked at the wobbling creation that Noriko showed her, "... I think you may be legally required to show Professor Mrs. Drake how to make that stuff when you get back next semester."

<Noriko> "I will do!" taking the bottle happily and putting it next to her by the cooler. "Thanks alot Ankka!" The sushi soon finished and dished up onto the plates for everyone, forks and chopsticks for everyone apparently. Noriko nodded and smiled at Clarice. "Same diff! And sure I will hehe, I'll make a load up at home, so someone please tell a story!" Starting to put the rice in one pot on the stove along with the stew for her to add things to.

<@Clarice> "I'll go first, I tell you the tale of how the Astounding Blink saved the day from a nafarious nare-do-well ...."

More time passes...

<Noriko> Another tiring day from wandering round Tokyo and showing Clarice and Ankka round now Noriko was flopped out on the sofa translating the news for everyone adding in her own versions and aliens, hey it needed to be more excited. "Gaaaaah I hope mom gets back from the shop soooooon!"

<Ankka> Ankka chuckled, sprawled on the floor in front of the sofa, looking up at the girls. "I don't know, I'm kind of enjoying the news. Apparently it's more interesting in this part of the vorld, vhat vith aliens and dragons and all."

<Clarice> "But still no Godzilla or Mothra," Clarice mock pouted, "I haven't seen one video of them on the news!"

<Noriko> "It's like their month off I think." Giggling as she shifted to lying upside down on the sofa, adding in more sightings of trolls to the nature reports just because. From outside the sound of a car pulling up and the front door opening, followed by. "Kids I'm home!"

<Ankka> Ankka looked up, moving to kneeling and smiling a little. "Sounds like your mother's back, my spark. Shall ve go Mothra spotting tomorrow?"

<Clarice> "Hello, Mrs. Ashida," Clarice teleported into the hallway, "Do you need a hand with your bags, ma'am?"

<Noriko> Noriko's mother smiled at the wonderfullyhelpful Clarice and nodded. "If you could just get the bags in the front room for me please Clarice I can carry the rolls in." Hefting the rolls and rolls of material on her shoulder, after all Ankka and Clarice were alot taller then the average japanese person. Noriko nodded at Ankka getting to a proper sitting position on the sofa quickly. "Mothra spotting on Mount Fuji!"

<Ankka> Ankka was quick to stand and help with the rolls of material, easily carrying them with a smile. "I vant to wisit the shrines of Mount Fuji as vell...is something I've alvays vanted to do. This material is beautiful, Mrs Ashida."

<Clarice> "Me too! You said we could go to mount Fudgie," Clarice said, following Mrs. Ashida into the room, "Oooh, are you gonna make somethng ma'am?"

<Noriko> Noriko nodded then bouncing on her seat and running to fetch her mothers sewing box as they'd planned this already. Running back in with it she bounced about and sat it on the table. "Dad will be back late tonight then we're all going to visit Mount Fudgie early tomorrow morning to take gifts to the shrines." Mrs Asida sorted the different materials out in to matching piles before motioning at Clarice and Ankka.

<Noriko> "Noriko said you'd had a hard time this year and you've spent alot of time looking after my daughter, so I'm making you both a set of traditional Kimono's hence the matariel and bags."

<Ankka> Ankka blinked at Noriko's mother, then blushed, smiling. "...That vould be an honour, ma'am." He rubbed the back of his head. Weren't kimonos dresses for women? "There are...male wersions? Forgive me, I-I don't know much about this."

<Clarice> Clarice let out a squeal of delight and clapped, "Ohmygosh! That would be so awesome!!! A real and proper kimomo!" She pointed at a roll of material, "Is the green one gonna be mine? Can you really make it in just one night?"

<Noriko> "Yeah I made sure mom got the green,pink and gold for you Clarice and Ankka has the blue red and grey." Unpacking the bags for all the wraps, buttons and decorations for her mother and setting them out on the table. Mrs Ashida laughed then shaking her head. "No it will take tonight and tomorrow night to make and then the next morning to make sure it fits right and to sort out sashes and decorations,

<Noriko> and no it's not just for girls Ankka, men have ceremonial ones as well."

<Ankka> Ankka smiled. "See, I should have done research on these things." He chuckled. "Thank you, Mrs Ashida, though looking after your daughter is no chore, believe me."

<Clarice> "To be honest it's been more a case of she's been looking after me!" Clarice petted the material happily, "So what do you need us to do ma'am?"

<Noriko> "Well first Noriko needs to get me a stool, because you to are to tall!" Chuckling as one of the bags got handed to each of them. "Then you both need to go try these on and find a set that fits, Ankka I had to get afew different custom sizes for you so I might have to alter them, there your undergarments, after that we can start choocing colours and making the robes."

<Clarice> "... You have to wear it with special underwear?" Clarice peered into the bag, "this sounds complicated."

<Ankka> Ankka chuckled. "I am not surprised - even in Europe and America I have to buy clothes from special shops - or make them myself." He took his bag, looking in. "But comfortable. Alright, back out in a moment, yes?"

<Noriko> Noriko giggled at Clarice. "See you both in a minute, and its just like a special top and shorts Clarice nothing complicated but its how its done." Grabbing one of the rolls she started helping set out the material ready fro measuring.

And even more time passes ...

<Noriko> They were hvaing a nice break at Noriko's favourite coffee shop tucking into deserts and contemplating finally packing for going back to school. Noriko was actually dressed rather normally for once and nomming happily into a huge ice cream. "So like from here my olds schools down the road, and past that is where we all go rollerblading in this huge park, theres tons of bridges and that and it's where Misuki taught me how to free run.

<@Clarice> Clarice was eating ... something, Riko had ordered it and she wasn't entierly sure what it was but it was strawberry flavoured and that was the main thing ... and they had mango juice. She was still dressed in her kimono and it would probably take a crowbar for them to get it off her, "Is it free running or parkour that has all the silly, fancy flips you don't need again?"

<Ankka> Ankka was eating sushi. Noriko had been right, it tasted way better in Japan than America, and he'd made one of the servers blush when he'd smiled at them. Being the tall Fin, he was getting a lot of stares. "I think it's free running, Clarice." He murmured between bites. "But I'm too big to do either one, yes? So I don't know."

<Noriko> Noriko was eating more of her favourite coffee jelly and honeycomb ice cream, all of it tasting better at home then at school. "Yep Free running, it's meant to look good so you add flips in, Parkour is what I taught myself which is getting from one place to another really quickly without having to touch the ground much."

<@Clarice> "So I guess I do parkour then?" Clarice shrugged, slurping her juice, "And you don't need to do that sorta stuff, Ankka, you can fly."

<Ankka> "And vhat I can't get over, I can go through, yes?" He chuckled. "No, I'll leave being limber and looking good to those that can, I'm just too big to look anything but stupid if I try to be all...gymnastical."

<Noriko> "Yeah you do awesome portal Parkour Clarice." Giggling alittle as she nibbled abit more of her food before spotting someone else enetering that she really didn't want to meet right now. Now dyeless hair ducking she hid behind Ankka as her ex boyfriend Shinji walked past, her old schools resident male bike and mutant hater. "I always thought your backflip and crater the ground thing looks awesome Ankka."

<Ankka> Ankka noticed the ducking, looking down at his girlfriend with a slight frown before following her eyeline to the boy. "Are you alright, sveetheart? And it looks awesome, but it's dangerous and expensive, yes?"

<@Clarice> "Well at least you always look before you crater," Clarice frowned when she noticed the ducking too and tried to look around for whatever might have made Riko do so.

<Noriko> "Yeah just don't use my name for afew minutes," Squiggling down in her seat so she was almost hidden, icecream glass pulled onto her lap to eat it easier. "That guy that just walked in? My Ex shinji." She whispered giving a not so ninja glance round to see where he was sitting. "And it still looks cool, I still can't turn corners at high speeds remember?"

<Ankka> The eyebrow Ankka raised was none-too-impressed as he made note where the other was sitting. "No, you're not going to hide from him, Noriko." He said quietly. "You're worth more than him being a bastard to you, and no one like that should make you vant to hide, you hear? If he vants to cause issue, Clarice and I are here and vell...you appear to be the one vith a boyfriend, mmm?"

<@Clarice> Clarice pursed her lips, oooooh she'd heard things about this Shinji, she'd been itching for the chance to say a few words to him if he'd ever turned up, "Ankka's right, you're here with your viking boyfriend and me and he's by himself, you should sit up and be proud and if he says anything I'll kick his butt!"

<Noriko> ".... oook ...." Pouting alittle she sat back up continueing to duck untill he friends looks got to her. "I just don't want a scene happening is all, we're meant to be having fun not dealing with jerks.... And I-" "Hey Ashida-San!" Shinji spotting his ex and shouting something over at her in japanese, making Noriko blush and duck again. "See this is what I mean?"

<Ankka> Ankka pulled Noriko in for a kiss on the cheek. "Tell me vhat he said, and it's not making a scene." He murmured. "And if he's a jerk, I vill educate on how you treat a voman, mmm?"

<Noriko> "He basically asked if their been any men at the school for freaks actually willing to .... well have sex with me... or if I've thawed out enough to be able to uncross my legs." Blushing furiously as Shinji and his mates laughed at their own table and did Japanese equivilants of rube gestures.

<@Clarice> "... He what!" Clarice stood up, a tall, pink and green beacon of fury, no one talked about her Riko like that! "I don't even care if he can't speak english! I'm gonna go over there an tell him exactly what I think of him for that!"

<Ankka> "Vait a minute, Clarice." He murmured. "I'll join you. But first..." He put a finger on Noriko's chin, tilted it up and pressed a kiss to her lips, then smiled. "You, sveetheart, stay here and enjoy the show, because no man talks like that to my girl. Ever."

<Ankka> To his credit he didn't do what he wanted to, which was zap seven shades of hell out of the lads. Instead, he smiled and stood up, moved to their table, looming, and leant over it, hands on the surface. A snap of power went over his fingers, the only sign of his annoyance. "Excuse me, gentlemen, do any of you speak English? I'm hoping so, because I vant you to translate for the idiot if he can't."

<Noriko> Noriko blushe and smiled as she turned around to watch the show.

<Noriko> Shinji and the lads leant away from the guy at first before straightening back up watching the spark over his fingers and the scary looking pink girl. "Actually we can all speak pretty good english mutant, what do you want? Aside from to show yourself off in public?" Shinji sneering at the unknown pair, annoyed they were actually thinking they could talk to him.

<@Clarice> "I just wanted to point out that you're a collosal douchebag!" Clarice declared loudly, pointing at the mean boy, "You do know that Riko is a super-hero and helped save the world a few months ago!"

<Ankka> "Indeed. You're insulting someone who managed to stop a nuclear var, my friend. Vhat did you do to make your mother proud today? Not piss yourself?" Ankka's voice was calm and steady. "As for being frigid, my over-sexed friend, take a good, long, hard look at me. I'm Noriko's boyfriend. Her very proud, very happy boyfriend." There was another snap.

<Ankka> "As for showing off in public, I don't need to." He grinned. "Ever heard of Thor, boys? Because you just insulted his girlfriend." There was a roll of thunder that shook the building. "You talk like a goat's backside, little boy, and the whole vorld knows it. If you vere more intelligent and nicer, perhaps you could have been the one vaiting to hold her vhen she came back from saving the vorld. You are missing out, and one day, you're going to realise that."

<@Clarice> "Yeah, Riko was just saving it for a real man," Clarice added, "not a little boy who's gotta have all his friends around him to back him up."

<Noriko> The rest of the lads were actually trying to sit back and just as far from Shinji as they were from the scary mutants, none of them coming to back Shinji up this time. And well Shinji was doing a perfect job of backing himself up by sitting there with his mouth open like a fish and unable to think of a reply, all the pre thought out insults for Noriko gone as he got stared down but the huge guy and intimidating Pink girl.

<Ankka> Ankka's eyes narrowed. "Vhat's the matter, my friend? Vhy suddenly so silent? No yells of 'freak', no more insults, nothing else to say to your beautiful ex? Or is it finally getting through to you that you did a voman wrong? It shouldn't matter, little boy, vhether I can make it rain, Blink is pink or Surge can charge a phone vith her hands. It certainly shouldn't matter if she von't have sex because she's not ready."

<Ankka> He straightened. "But then if you measure a voman's vorth by how vide she spreads her legs, then you are not vorth a voman at all, little boy. I think I'm done vith you. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go and enjoy my afternoon vith my beautiful girlfriend. You have fun now." With that, he turned and headed back to Noriko.

<@Clarice> "Well said Ankka," Clarice clapped as he turned away ... then a particularily evil thought crossed her mind as she went to turn away, and she spun back around quickly to get right in Shinji's face and yelled "Boo!"

<Noriko> Shinji actually squealed as he tried to get away from the mutant freak, his stunned friends falling about in laughter before leaving him by himself and the bill for all the half drunk coffees, strangely for when Noriko went up to the bar next her bill was paid off to. Shinji now cowering and humiliated in a corner Ankka and Clarice were both attacked with giggling hugs.

<Noriko> "I can't believe you both did that! That was so funny and and eeee!" Hugging them both again before kissing Ankka. "I have the best Boyfriend and best friends in the world!"

<@Clarice> Clarice giggled and hugged Riko back, "Only 'cos you're the most awesome friend in the world."

<Ankka> "Vhat Clarice said." Ankka chuckled. "I don't think I'm the best, but I try, mmm? Now...do ve vant more sveets or do you girls vant to go do more shopping?"

<@Clarice> "Shopping!"

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

<@Clarice> If there was one thing Clarice knew, it was her native Bahamas. Ever since she'd manifested her mutation she'd been on a mission to reaquaint herself with the island nations of her birth, and in doing so she'd managed to learn the schedual of the local island owners probably better then they did. They were currently lounging on a private beach of immaculet white sand and crystal clear water that belonged to some music tycoon who was probably off judging some insipid talent show right now.

<@Clarice> His loss, thier gain, she flailed for the cooler that they'd brought along, "Anyone else want another drink?"

<Reed> Blinking at the bright sunlight, Reed pulled his sunglasses out of his bag. Putting them on, he looked to JP and Clarice ", I hope everyone has their sunblock on. I'm going to burn alive and I know it."

<@Clarice> Clarice waved a bottle of max factor skin cream at Reed, "You'll probbaly think this is funny but I can get sunburnt too," she smiled at the boys, stretching luxuriantly on her towel, "Once the sun starts to go down I'll take you guys to the beach bar on the next island, we can have cocktails!"

<Jean-Paul> "Juice cocktails?" Jean-Paul grinned, deciding he could brave the land beyond the umbrella with the right amount of sunscreen. "You're a native, you should tan. I'm sure you can fix that well enough though."

<Reed> Stepping out of the umbrella, Reed grinned ", it's beautiful. I hope the cocktails have more than juice in them."

<@Clarice> Clarice giggled, taking a moment to admire JP in his swimwear, "Well virgin ones for me, but you guys can go crazy, I promise not to let you drown either." She rolled into her front, "Uuuuugh .... part of me wishes we didn't have to go back to school, we could just stay here on this beach in the sunshine foreveeeeeeer."

<Jean-Paul> "If I drowned I would be most embarassed...well, I'd be deaad but it'd be an embarassed kind of dead considering I could just fly out of the water." He shook his head as he imagined him drunkingly flying out of the water. "Bonus points if I sing something from A Little Mermaid?"

<Jean-Paul> "I know, break has been pretty good, have to admit."

<Reed> "Am I the only one that actually wants to go back to school? So much more learning," Reed shrugged and smiled, heading towards the surf ", please don't die, JP."

<@Clarice> Clarice sat up to better admire the back view of Jean-Paul as he headded towards the water, smiling a little, "He won't die, if he looks like he's gonna drown you can just make youself into a liferaft or something, Reed," she giggled, "but summer has been amazing, Japan and camping were so much fun!"

<Jean-Paul> "Even you have to admit our summer went wonderfully, Reed. But don't worry, we'll get you back in time for your learning. Between me and Clarice we have no excuse for tardiness after all."

<Reed> "Well of course it went wonderfully. Very happy with what has happened. I just.....I like learning," he shrugged and smiled, stretching in the sun.

<@Clarice> "So what did you guys do over the summer then?" Clarice asked, rising to her feet so she might join them in the water, "just familiy stuff?"

<Jean-Paul> "Oh yeah, and you know they just loved Reed, too." Jean-Paul smiled back at her, quite pleased as he flopped an arm around Reed. "And I didn't embarass myself with his father."

<Reed> "My dad loved him, actually. Or rather, he liked him to the greatest extent that my father can like anyone," Reed shrugged and danced out of the way of the waves.

<@Clarice> "Of course they loved Reed, your family are amazing," Clarice waded out into the water, "and naturally your dad liked Jean-Paul, he's just amazing," she gave her best friend a fond smile before splashing some water at him.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul was preening, not even paying attention until he was splashed. "Oi!"

<@Clarice> Clarice giggled and belly flopped onto the water to paddle away from him.

<Reed> Taking a running start, Reed lunged at JP and tackled him into the water, laughing brightly.

<Jean-Paul> "Noooooo!" Jean-Paul splashed in and sputtered, laughing as well but pretending to snark at them. "You're cruel people, cruel!"

<@Clarice> Clarice stopped paddling when she heard the tackle, laughing as the two boys went under for a moment, "Heheheheee! The briney deeps will claim ye, matey!"

<Reed> Reed's head poked out of the water and he grinned at JP ", I thought having fun was all part of what the beach was for. Gotta get a little wet, dear."

<Jean-Paul> "We'd best catch her before she hides the rum from us." Jean-Paul pointed out. "Then we'll talk about fun times, hmm?" He teased him, charging off.

<@Clarice> "I'm just thinking of your livers! Your livers will thank me!" Clarice giggled before resuming high speed paddling.

<Reed> "I've got this, it's fine," Reed laughed and stretched his arms out under the water, wrapping them around her waist to stop her and pulling himself through the water.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul hurried to the shore, turning and laughing at that. "You get her, Reed!"

<@Clarice> "Eee! Oh noes!" She flailed at Reed's rubber arms, "It's the squid-monster from the black lagooooooon!" His long, rubbery arms did feel a bit like deep sea monster tendrils under the water. She flailed at him, splashing up the water, "It's a good thing know you're a one-mutant only kinda boy, Reed!"

<Reed> "Yup, but that doesn't mean I can't play around with a friend," he smiled at her. He hadn't had days like this in a very long time.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul just laughed, zipping back and forth for his camera so he could get a picture of that. There was nothing quite like having some of the more important people in one's life getting along on that level, after all, and after everything it was something he was definitely thankful to see.