9/23 Announcement: Forum Downtime

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Our host recently implemented server-side compression of Web pages to save bandwidth; this caused a conflict because we were already doing that. This caused the forum to go down for an indeterminate amount of time until I was able to log into the database directly and turn off our compression.

We did not receive notification that the host was going to do this, so we did not anticipate this conflict, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

-HoodedMan
Executive/Technical Administrator
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Thanks hoody. These outages aren't that bad- they just make people appreciate the forum more;)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't destroyed from a hacker. :D You rock, HM!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Thanks for letting us know what was going on! :) Glad you could get it figured out!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Grazie!!!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."