1/17 Announcement: Chat Upgrade

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

The planned downtime for Nightscrawlers Chat will be longer than anticipated, due to an incompatibility between the upgraded server and its services. I will post an update in this thread when the planned downtime is complete.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

The upgrade of the server has been rolled back and Nightscrawlers Chat is now online.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

The server's services were changed to a completely different server; please let me know if you experience any problems. All nickname and channel registrations should have been transferred. The planned downtime for the server will be rescheduled.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

For the real junkies I have put a sort of temporary replacement chat thingie on http://users.telenet.be/elwing/scrawlerstemp.html just in case. After you try it you will truly appreciate the beauty of Hoodedman's work! :toothy
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Hey Hoody,
I have a suggestion concerning the java chat...I tried to log in from several different computers recently, and I had to go find the java website and instal the missing software. Not very difficult once you know this, but I wonder if there are newbies who are daunted by this.
I was wondering, is it possible to include a link to the java site somewhere on the page? IF THIS DOES NOT WORK GET JAVA FROM HERE or something? :cracked
thanks...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”