A Duet - Writing Exercise from Le Guin

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

A Duet - Writing Exercise from Le Guin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

A Duet
by Tyler Duggan

Alan: I'm being followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow. A-leapin' and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow! And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plow and lose my land, oh if I ever lo-

Brent: What are you doing? 

Alan: As if I ever lose my eyes, away-eeyeaaah, I won't have to cry no more.

Brent: No but seriously. Alan, what are you doing? It's Friday. This is my day. 

Alan: I was trying to perform, Brent. What are you talking about this is your day? This is absolutely not your day. 

Brent: It absolutely is. The first and third Fri-

Alan: Second! Not first!

Brent: First and third Fridays of each month are mine. We agreed. Besides, how do you expect to make anything on “Moonshadow?”

Alan: Blasphemer.

Brent: Seriously, mate. What is with you and deep-tracks? No one knows the deep-tracks. No one tosses for deep-tracks.

Alan: An older gentleman literally just dropped a fiver 'cause I was doing "Katmandu."

Brent: "Katmandu?" You did "Katmandu?" Who the hell wants to hear "Katmandu?"

Alan: He did!

Brent: Besides the occasional old fart, then!

Alan: Oh, like you can do better?

Brent: Oh-oh, yeah?

Alan: Yeah, I know you. You play a little Elvis, maybe a little B.B. and then you chuckle off to the pub.

Brent: I take it you mean Presley and not Costello.

Alan: Don’t be a philistine.

Brent: When I'm at that pub, or any pub, I do a full cover set of Eric Freakin' Clapton.

Alan: Whatevs, bruv. He’s a tosser, anyway.

Brent: He most absolutely not a tosser.

Alan: Is.

Brent: Isn't. 

Alan: Cat Stevens is better.

Brent: Oh, c'mon. 

Alan: And Janis. 

Brent: I told you to stop with the Janis! No one wants to hear a guy sing Janis, Alan!

Alan: Well, no one wants to hear a Scott sing Lynard Skynard at a pub!

Brent: For cock’s sake; you going to give up the spot, or what?

Alan: I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul. Where I end up, well, I think only God really knows-

Brent: Oh, real mature. Also, "The Wind" on mandolin? Yusuf only did guitar and piano, thazzit. 

Alan: I never wanted water once, no never ever, never ever.

Brent: Oh that does it. You're a real wanker, you know that? 

Alan: I listen to my words but they fall far bel-

Brent: She loves you YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! She loves you YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! She loves you YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! and with a love like that-

Alan: Oh, talk about mature, Brent. This is London, Brent. We’ve all heard The Goddamn Beatles. I know you can hear me!

Brent: It's you she's thinking of and she told me what to say-ee-yay! She said she loves you!

Alan: Play "Freebird!" 

Brent: Hey! That's a real shite request, mate. You know better than that. 

Alan: Do it! Play “Freebird!"

Brent: Oy, you want Freebird? Is that what you want? Fine. Check this out.

Alan: Wow... 

Brent: What?

Alan: That... that was really good, mate. Cheers. I've never seen someone nail that on 12-string. 

Brent: I always said, SRV meant it to be on 12 strings. 

Alan: Yeah, clearly. Look, if you want the spot -

Brent: No, mate. It's fine. I forgot I had a pub to play on Saturday night. 

Alan: Nah, mate. It's good. Be a chum and play at least one Beatles deep-track, though. 

Brent: Thanks man, - no, that's too much. You don't need to give me anything. 

Alan: It's fine, bruv. Enjoy the evening. 

Brent: You too. 

Alan: She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah... 

Brent: I looked out this morning and the sun was gone. Turned on some music to start my day, I lost myself in a familiar song. I closed my eyes and I slipped awaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS