Halloween/Best friends Party costume

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Halloween/Best friends Party costume

Post by JackSkulls »

Hey guys! >-> so I've told a couple of you what my plans are for this up coming Halloween/My friends Medieval themed birthday party, but for you I haven't I'm going as a bipedal dragon, so basically a 1/2 dragon. I have wings and an idea for the feet, but everywhere else I'm kinda lacking, if anyone has some ideas I'd be very appreciative of the help, since I'm sure this costume will take me a while to finish.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Halloween/Best friends Party costume

Post by Slarti »

One idea is to borrow from furries the fake digitigrade leg look only, y'know, dragony-like. This link is for a horse leg, but you can kind of get the idea - http://www.transform.to/~mwbard/stuff/t ... hooves.htm Bonus is the way he built those doesn't look like it cost a bazillion bucks and takes an engineering degree (some of them totally seem to).
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Damn those blasted furries for knowing cool stuff!

:shifty
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

I actually have a really cool design for digitigrade stilts I just gotta figure out how to make the toes and such, I can't decide yet if I'm going to make a tail or not
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Tails are easy. Scales and head stuff not so much. I would say get Styrofoam that you can cut and cover in fabric and make a mouth/head with that.

Other than that sounds cool. I would always say if you're going medieval and you need a quick costume, go as a monk. Just do something cool under the robe. Like nudist monk. :3
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

The dragon is my costume for both, claws so far are the hardest cuz I can only find ways to make crappy paper ones, and head wise I'm going to paint my face, it's basically going to be a 1/2 dragon kinda thing, I'm trying to decide if I can do horns and how to do them if I do, I'm thinking no tail cuz I don't wanna break things.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

How about a very short tail. Something like this. :shifty
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Viola, claws! And, horns! The kind you hide in your hair are much easier than the appliances.

If you do order 'em from there, you can click through the link on our site. A lot of times they offer a discount and we get credit too. ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Seeing you two (Slarti/Steyn) post back to back with the avatars you both have is... well it's priceless.

That said, for the dragon costume -- plan on doing anything with snouts, nostrils, or fangs? What about breathing fire, any ideas on that?
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

I have fangs, >-> If I feel like it I know a breathing fire trick, but that'd be an outdoor only thing, and ty all for help, yeah slarti I found those claws they're my fall back if I can find anything more badass, tail wise steyn I think I'm going no tail I need to think of something for pants and a shirt I might attack a robin hood costume and go as a 1/2 dragon ranger, kind of a D&D style costume
DavidWill
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DavidWill »

My costume is composed of a headdress from indianheaddress.com/collections/indian-headdresses, and clothes (which I crafted myself), maybe I'll post a picture soon enough.