(Re-) Introduce Yourself!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hey Abel, welcome! Good to see a new face around here!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
seftimiu
Lubber
Lubber

Post by seftimiu »

I'm technically called Alibi. But everyone calls me Seftimiu. Which is a name I use for log-in purposes because it is pretty much unique. Real name is Barbara. I don't like to say how old I am. I'm 'at that age' now where I want to ignore the number. So just humor me on that score.

Married for almost sixteen years now. I have eight kids. Five of them are stepchildren, three of them are by birth. I still have five kids at home, though to of those are technically adults now. One of them is in college, the other will be starting college probably in January. One is in high school, one is in middle school, and one is in junior high.

The oldest three no longer live with me, of course. The oldest has given me two beautiful grandchildren whom I adore. She's a manager of a fast food joint in another state. The second oldest is in the Navy and will be going to Japan in March. She's currently stationed in Virginia. The third oldest was recently paroled from prison and is the father of a little girl whom I don't get to see. I miss my granddaughter. He is currently working hard to put his life together and I assist in any way possible.

I have cats, dogs, and rats.

I have an Associates in Criminal Justice and I'm a year away from having my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Human Services. Right now, I'm taking Basic Grant Writing and Interview and Interrogation. Soon I'll be taking Social Psychology and Abnormal Psychology. (I'm looking forward to those two classes! WOOT!)

I live in a high crime area and have daily contact with various gang members and instead of watching COPS on television I tend to just look out my window or go sit on the porch. :shifty

:cracked

I like to write fanfiction when I have the time, RP when I have the time, annnnd take naps.

Oh and I need a job. Seriously unemployed. I wanna desk.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: (Re-) Introduce Yourself!

Post by PanicSwitch »

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the place to go if you're new and want to introduce yourself but I figured it couldn't hurt.

My name is Panic (or Switch, if you prefer) and I'm a long-time observer of this forum. I'm in my early (or is it mid?) twenties & have been into Marvel Comics and the X-Men since my early teens.

I've always been fond of Nightcrawler, but I also like other X-Men characters such as Iceman, Psylocke, Storm and Magneto. I spend my time
reading, chilling with my awesomely geeky boyfriend, watching science-fiction shows, drawing robots fighting, and playing zombie video games.
In short, I'm a huge nerd. (And Canadian!)

I joined this forum because it's always seemed very friendly and a good environment (unlike online gaming, in my experience). And also
because I'm interested in trying my hand at RPGing. (Though I'm not so sure how to begin doing that, I've read the rules but don't know who to
talk to to get started). If I'm a bit of a newb, I apologize in advance :) I've not much experience on forums.

Thanks for reading!
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hey and welcome! If you wanted to pop into chat, I'm a moderator for the RPG along with a few others that are hanging around right now. :D
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Hi there, Panic, welcome to the forum!

As for joining the rp you can chat up any of the game planners for it (me, Tears, Bman, Star, Esy, and Slarti). You can almost always find one of us in chat lurking around which is where we play the games and instances as well so u2u any of us with your questions or just hop into chat. We're always glad to have new people around and, as Tears said, there's three of us on right now.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Welcome Panic! (Your name is giving me flashes of both Panic! @ The Disco & Killswitch Engage),

good to see you interested/active! Iceman and Magneto, aw right! Up top! *high-five*

You said you've already checked out The RP Section of the forum, well feel free to join us in ScrawlChat as well. Myself and a few of the other Game Admin/Staffers are actually on right now to talk to you! And a lot of the players too!
Can't wait to see you!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

We also pounce for greeting times. :shifty
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Heya :wave I'm not a mod, just a long time forumite and player in the RP game. I'm known as Pup most of the time, both on and off line. Like the modly types said the game is playing on our own server hosted chat room which they've all linked and you just gotta pop on any time and if anyone's online we're always up for a chat. The chatters are all online pretty regularly and we're an international bunch, so generally there's always someone on.

So pretty much just pop on and say hi, and welcome to the boards :dance (even though my pounce was late :shifty)
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Welcome Panic! (Your name is giving me flashes of both Panic! @ The Disco & Killswitch Engage),

good to see you interested/active! Iceman and Magneto, aw right! Up top! *high-five*

You said you've already checked out The RP Section of the forum, well feel free to join us in ScrawlChat as well. Myself and a few of the other Game Admin/Staffers are actually on right now to talk to you! And a lot of the players too!
Can't wait to see you!
Uhhh, okay remember how I said I was a giant newb? :D I've been trying to get on the chat and I give both my user name and password but the
thing keeps saying java's not installed. I have a macbook but java is installed last I checked....Help??? :shame
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."

-Astonishing X-Men #7
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOL welcome to my world, sir. Macbooks, though I love them, they are the bane of my chat-existence.

I would say HM is more suited to help you (he's the Tech Admin. and generally awesome guy) but I would suggest downloading "Conversation" (for free) and check out this section for some help.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

PanicSwitch wrote:
Ult_Sm86 wrote:Welcome Panic! (Your name is giving me flashes of both Panic! @ The Disco & Killswitch Engage),

Can't wait to see you!
Uhhh, okay remember how I said I was a giant newb? :D I've been trying to get on the chat and I give both my user name and password but the
thing keeps saying java's not installed. I have a macbook but java is installed last I checked....Help??? :shame
I have a macbook as well, and I can never get java to load. Instead, I use an irc client called Conversation. There's also a How to for Pidgin.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It also might be a matter of what Browser you're using. If you are using Firefox on a Mac, take off those blocks. For the Chat page only obviously. If you're using Chrome (as I do), there should be no problems, but again it could be blocks. If you're using Safari, google a good web-browser and download that. (:LOL!)

Hope this was helpful! :?
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

Okay, I've installed Conversation. Does Nightscrawlers have community? (i.e. who do I have to 'add?')

And thanks, all! You're being exceptionally helpful.

-Astonishing X-Men #7
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Open Conversation.

File > New > Box shows up, the tab says "Channel". Click that, change it to "SERVER". > type in chat.nightscrawlers.com:6000 > Click "Open".

Now,

in the text bar on the bottom of the main conversation window? Type these words (or just copy and paste them from here): /join #Nightscrawlers

Bam. You should be in. This is how I did it, hope it works for you.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'd choose "Open & Add to Favorites" instead of just "Open". Then, you won't have to add the server again. If /join #nightscrawlers doesn't work, you can do the same thing you did for the server, but instead make sure the drop-down menu says "Channel". Then, put in "Nightscrawlers" and "Open & Add to Favorites".
Only Skin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Only Skin »

Pretty new here. Absorbing as much as I can about Mr. Nightcrawler. Was experiencing some difficulty coming across other Nightcrawler fans until I finally found someone! She linked me here, and now I have alllll the Nightcrawler things to read. I don't forum often, so I may a bit rusty at things.

Only Skin is my username. It's my fave Joanna Newsom song (because I suck a bit at coming up with usernames?). Rebecca is my real name.
Recently got into actually reading comics after realizing that I work entirely too much and was in need of downtime. I have a husband, two children, 3 dogs, and a pet tortoise (named Stagger Lee because it makes me laugh).

But, yes, I still work a lot, but now I have an escape that is enjoyable. Hopefully I'll read a lot here before just posting. So, hey, HI! everyone.
MOAR WINE.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

First off, hi to people new and old; as promised to several, I'm re-introducing myself.

My name's Chaos, I'm a kind of long-ish standing member of the Nightscrawlers RP and though my post count is low on site, to date, I've played five characters. I was also dubbed the unofficial President of Site on Nightscrawlers.com, winning in the polls by a staggering 1 vote to 0 for the 0 other candidates.

I'm a University student aiming for a teaching qualification IRL, I'm also (not) a member of the SCP Foundation, (because it doesn't exist). I enjoy reading and collecting comics and I'm also an avid fan of anime/J-Culture.

My Youtube fame currently involves just one viral music video and an amature interview, courtesy of 'Ukelolly'. I'm also on DeviantArt and Twitter as a boring m00k who specializes in art, literature, and spouting the odd amusing comment.

I also have a girlfriend who's a relatively well known cosplayer in Germany.

As a note, I've a tendency to be a little satyrical and blunt - if people ever notice me saying snarky things with a huge grin on my cyberfase I'm probably trying to make light of something. Moreover, if I have a valid point and someone's getting mad about it, it's usually an indication I'm right.

No, seriously.

...sometimes. :x

Anyway, I bear no ill-will towards anyone! Unless, you know...I DO. IF I do, I'm usually up front about it. I love being a part of this community because I like to make things, and I like to think I create good stories and loveable, realistic characters. I confess, I don't know how much longer I can be a part of this community given my responsibilities IRL, but those days are still relatively far off. For now, I'm here and happy to be.

Hello again, Nightscrawlers.com. :3
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hi Only Skin! Welcome to the forums! This is *definitely* the place to talk Nightcrawler! Don't be shy about posting/asking questions, most of us here love to answer Night-queries!

Everything you need to know about me is both in little box here..

<--------- That one.

And I've posted it already somewhere on this thread.

Anything else you need to know about me can be found in this gif:

R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Welcome, Only Skin!

With Nightcrawler dead in canon right now there's not as much activity as there once was, but there are plenty of old threads to read and some current discussions!

I'm a fellow married mom, so it's always good to see another sign on! (We do have a few)
Only Skin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Only Skin »

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I look forward to reading and getting to know you all and participating. :D
Love the Nightcrawler smilies. Super adorable.
MOAR WINE.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Hey there!

I'm Fergie (as you can probably guess from the user name over there) and you can find me in and about all corners of Scrawlers here. I absolutely love your tortoise's name I must say! Looking forward to posting/chatting/what have you with you around!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I am Steyn.

:smug
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

Hi Only Skin and welcome aboard!
Marijke Rose
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Marijke Rose »

Hey

I'm Marijke Rose (Say: Mar-EYE-Kuh - it's a Dutch name). I'm a huge fan of the X-Men, and especially Nightcrawler (uh, guess how I found this forum?). I live in Germany and speak both German and English, (guess why I love Nightcrawler? - Uh, no, actually not that, but rather because he's just cool all around!).

That aside, I love metal music - my fave bands are Sonata Arctica, Lordi, Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Nightwish... and also Celtic, like Faun, Santiano, Celtic Women, and more.

I love Horror, action Movies, and Nature documentaries - especially about the deep sea, coral reef, etc.. Come one, some of the most wicked, insane, fascinating creatures are in there - the oceans are an (mostly) undiscovered land. We hardly have a clue what's down there, and are constantly surprised by new findings!

I#m not a big-time Gamer; but am an avid Comicbook reader and cartoon watcher. And am also fascinated with Languages of all kinds. I fluently speak two, and am learning two more. I can also understand a couple languages (mostly, reading - can't speak them, but can read articles in them). I speak English and German; am learning Dutch and Czech; and can read Spanish, Italian and French, and a teeny bit of Polish - can't speak them, unfortunately.

That aside, I also dabble in the arts. I consider myself an artist (quite good), and have tried writing (uh, no so happy with the results there - seems to not be my thing).

Lastly, Nightcrawler totally rocks! I hope he'll appear in another X-Men movie. I know that Alan Cummings has opted out, doesn't want to do it again, but maybe they can find another actor to do it? Doug Jones, for example, doesn't mind spending hours putting on uncomfortable costumes and makeup every day (in fact, it's his thing - Doug Jones played: Abe Sapien {Hellboy}, Abe and the Angel of Death {Hellboy 2}, Pan and the Palemane {Pan's Labyrinthe}, and... okay, just shoot me, as I decided to start writing this, I promtly forgot his other roles!). Not saying that I think Doug Jones should be cast as Nightcrawler, just saying that there are other actors who can deal with the task of 'suiting up' for hours each day to play a character - and, that they should totally bring Nightcrawler back. Besides, if there's anything to be learned by both First Class and Origins, new actors are go. And, seriously, don't pick an actor because "he speaks fluent German", because... uh.. that apparently didn't work so well, as Alan doesn't want to ever do the part again. How 'bout getting an actor that 'gets' the character, and is adaptable enough to learn some German as needed for the role?
For Pan's Labyrinth, Doug Jones did not speak Spanish, but learned a bit, immersed himself - at least learning how to make it sound like he spoke spanish fluently.

The movie makers have so got to bring Nightcrawler back.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Welcome, Marijke Rose!

Yeah, I'm waiting impatiently to read his return and it will be interesting if they find a way to bring him back into the movie series.