this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That moment when your landlord wants you to move into another building and sign a different lease. Cause he sold the building you're in.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Horseflies fucking suck.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Slarti wrote:Horseflies fucking suck.

When horseflies get anywhere near me:

Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

The kitten's in season >_>
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Chiggers also suck. Worse than horseflies.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Fleas suck balls too -_-
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

So, this week has been the week from hell... It's all been relatively minor things compared to what culminated today... Today? Today I found out that one of my very best friends in elementary and middle school passed away last Saturday. He was not only one of my very best friends... He was the first "boyfriend" that I really understood what that word meant. He was my first kiss. But he was a terrible boyfriend. I told him once that he was a much better friend and he agreed with me. And sadly, we lost touch after high school, but I always thought about him when I'd drive by my old neighborhood...We lived close enough that we'd both walk halfway to meet up and hang out. Pretty much every day. How'd he die? He overdosed on heroin. 1st or 2nd time to try it. He was a fucking idiot. He'd call himself that. And tell me that I was a pussy for crying because he's gone. And then I'd smack him and we'd laugh and move on. I'm not to the laughing yet... The visitation was tonight. I saw his twin brother who I was also good friends with and his little sister who was on my squad when I was 2nd Lieutenant in drill team in high school. Neither of them are doing good. His twin worse than his sister and older brother. I just... I have no words. The loss I feel is deeper than I thought it would be for having not talked to him in so long. But he was such a fundamental building block of my childhood and my life.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Esy! My sincerest condolences. :(

You know we're always there for you should you need someone to talk. *hugs*
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Sooo, kidlet and I are out of town at my dad's house and get a call from Scott... bad storms last night and a possible microburst maybe...our power was out all night and the neighbors behind us had a tree uprooted and fell on their house. Next door a tree fell across the driveway and hit a car.

Our house... one of our trees came down and took out our back fence and the power line.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Everyone's safe, right?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My husband and all his coworkers are on edge because the government shutdown means they'll get furloughed if it drags on. Similarly, I may have to settle for doing my job without pay on account of having patients on Medicaid.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Okay, so I just found out my paycheck will not be affected by the shutdown. However, I'm not certain if I'll be able to keep that job. The long commute's murder on my bad hip.

Speaking of that, I'll be starting cortizone shots as soon as we sort out all the legal crap regarding insurance. Until then, I have to remain in pain.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Computer froze for unknown reasons, and when I booted it up again it refused to load the lan-drivers. After trying to reinstall any version I could find, I'm starting to suspect a hardware malfunction. So I'm currently using an ancient laptop that will barely load the forum or run ghetto chat until I can fix the problem or get the hardware replaced.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Two papers, a mid-term, and finishing one book in 24 hours.

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Hijacked dad's pc for a moment to rant about the ancient laptop refusing to boot Windows after an update. Now I'm down to zero working computers. Trying to get this thing up and running again asap, but I might have to reinstall. -_-
BlueBoffin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BlueBoffin »

People made fun of my accent again today. I wish I was back in my homeland.
We create our own demons? No, the demons create us.
BlueBoffin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BlueBoffin »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Two papers, a mid-term, and finishing one book in 24 hours.

Well of course I can. IM AUSTRALIAN.
We create our own demons? No, the demons create us.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Normally, my Veterans' Day weekend is jam-packed with events. But a reaction to the cortizone shot I had on Thursday put me in the emergency room on Friday, and instead of doing cool things, I'm sitting at home feeling sick as a dog.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

My dad is in hospital in a critical condition, the prognosis isn't good.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Clare, I am so sorry... if you need anything or need to talk, please u2u me immediately, the notifiers go to my e-mail.

You should still have my e-mail and skype info too... I hope for the best. Modern medicine is pretty amazing.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Dad passed away today.

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My condolences Clare.

Please, if you need anyone, contact me. I'm very sorry.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I know this isn't as bad as the death of a loved one, but I have to share how big the hale was that I had to drive through today. Everyone on the road had their hazards blinking as we all drove around 40 km/h in an 80km/h zone. There was nearly 0 visibility on the road with the rain and dark clouds. I even drove through a dip in the raod that had enough water that came up to my car door.

Those are just the ones that had already started to melt on the grass by the time I got home. The ones that hit my car were larger, and I thought it would have broken my windshield and windows. THey didn't, however they left several large dents on my car's bonnet, which you can easily notice seeing that my car is silver.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Diary of Shitweek:

Tuesday: Everything was finalised. Had arranged with the hospital to get my dad cremated via the social fund because we couldn't afford to pay for the funeral. They referred me to them (still waiting on a phonecall from them as we speak), told my sister about the plan, she was perfectly happy with it and we talked about (her idea) arranging the wake before the funeral because the funeral would take some time (up to 6 weeks with the slowdown over Christmas) so that at least people would feel like something was happening. I thought it was weird to have the wake before the funeral but agreed because it made her happy to be organising some sort of memorial.

Wednesday: Met up with brother in town. He threw a massive fit about cremation, insisted dad wouldn't have wanted that (even though I can quote my dad on several occasions saying 'oh just throw me in a skip when I'm done and use the money for a good pissup'), and then proceeded to demand that we have a burial that would cost anything up to £2k (or more if we wanted nice things like flowers). Spoke to a man about a venue for a wake, preliminarily booked it for the following Wednesday because brother and sister wanted it to be before Christmas and there was a choice of Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday so I thought the more time to let people know the better).

Thursday: Had to go and run an entirely unrelated errand for my sister in the morning, waste money I don't have getting some lunch in the city while I waited for my optician appointment and waste so much time afterwards that by the time I'd remembered I was supposed to phone the coroner and ask about how long they'd keep a body in their morgue (because brother and sister are retarded and insisted there was a time limit) the office was closed.

Friday: Got it in the neck for forgetting to call the coroner even though (when I phoned him THAT MORNING) he told me what I already told them - THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT THEY'RE NOT GOING TO THROW HIM IN THE BIN! (even if he wanted us to throw him in a skip ¬.¬) Arranged a venue for a wake on Tuesday (yay -_-). Spoke to a funeral director that gave us a price that my sister has agreed to pay until we get funds from the bank (which we need a piece of paper called a death certificate to claim and are still waiting for). Got a date arranged with everyone for the funeral in January. Let everyone know about the funeral and the wake with dates, times and locations.

Saturday(Today): After insistent nagging (because apparently 'I'm waiting for it in the mail you impatiant little assholes' is not enough of a response) I contacted the police about a cheque for the money my dad had on him when he fell, the officer is going to look into it on Monday (even though he put the request in on the 3rd so it's probably already in the mail along with the certificate from the coroner) because (duh) the admin office is closed on weekends. Found out late in the evening that the previous night (and this is the bit that REALLY pissed me off) Brother and Sister had decided that having a wake before the funeral was, in fact, stupid and had cancelled it to rebook on the same day as the burial. After I'd already told everyone. And waited A DAY to tell me this.

They give me that information on a day they'd already accused me of lying to them, withholding information from them, not doing enough to magic a death certificate out of thin air or to make royal mail deliver it faster at CHRISTMAS which they do not seem to appreciate MIGHT be slowing things down a little bit. They then proceed to have a go at me for not talking to his bank or his landlord or the water board or utilities about accounts. Some of which I did not have information for until TODAY and others that REQUIRE A DEATH CERTIFICATE before they will let you do anything.

So pardon me, siblings, if I'm just a little bit upset with you right now for your completely ungrateful attitude. Forgive me if I might want to have a LITTLE BIT OF UNDERSTANDING and PATIENCE. I have given you ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE. I have not withheld anything and, when I learn new things, I share it. So why the hell do you treat me like shit? Good luck to you closing these accounts without me and burying him without the deeds to the plot or the documents to say the plot is empty. And have fun trying to do any utilities cancelling without his death certificate. I'm going to take a break from this shit for a few days ¬.¬

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

No drama like death in the family drama. I'm so sorry.

The puppy I found on my way home from work today was half-starved and was wandering down the middle of a rural road miles from anywhere with his head stuck in a cardboard box.

Everybody I talked to at the nearest bit of civilization is convinced that somebody just dumped that puppy out there.