this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Only Skin
Lubber
Lubber

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Only Skin »

And I LOVE the assumption that apparently I am running a business with hooker ethics.
"For a price, I bet they could do anything!"
No, do not want to recreate someone else's ugly work, no matter the price.
MOAR WINE.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Sick sick sick. So sick boss saw me and sent me home. At home got a call. Sis was in an accident, guy drove his truck right into sis' car, rear left, it might totalled. There's 4 more hours in the day, what else will go wrong?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

OMG Steyn that's terrible! I'm so sorry, my friend!

Get better, you're no help to her sick. Is she alright?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

She's in shock, but otherwise unhurt. However I spoke too soon on the third thing that might have gone wrong. While she was busy with the insurance people at the incident, something went wrong with the project she was busy with at her job, which is an extra helping of shit in her coffee.

edit: and the fucking mouse is back in the apartment, hiding underneath the washing machine. Threw some rat/mouse poison there and where it came in. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Oh man, I'm so sorry Steyn! I hope all turns out alright for her. Sheesh.

My ass: My school doesn't have the class I need to graduate during the summer. D: Seriously, JUST ONE MORE EFFING CLASS. SRSLY?!

ETA: Just got an email from the English Major Advisor.

NOPE NOT FINAGLING MY WAY THROUGH /OUT OF ONE MEASLY CLASS.

GOTTA WAIT UNTIL THE FALL SEMESTER. !@#$ %$* #*$(%& #*#&#&@ rassing frassin @&#&$^$(@@!))#*#(#^!@&^#
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Damn, Steyn, I'm so sorry. Hope things start to look up real soon. :( *hugs Steyn and his sis*
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I am running out of blue shirts that I can wear to Wal-Mart.

:<
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

That's so sad, bman :*(
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, it's true. I was upset I was running out of blue shirts and had to buy more. I didn't want to spend the money.

But I did. Bought 5. At least they're nice?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Boo for wasting money, but yay for nice shirts!
edit: Parents came a visiting -_-;
this will lead to lots of arguing about nothing.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Toddler climbed in bed with us this morning, which is like every morning. This morning, however, toddler started projectile vomiting on us both.

-_-
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

After totally laughing my ass off, I thought I'd type that I really feel your pain there Slarti. Parenthood is often a pain in the ass in ways you never see coming. They make it up by being cute and all, but it's still messy, unpredictable and vastly confusing. :)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Speaking of parenthood woes, my daughter woke up with a fever and complaints of neck pain. Thankfully, she felt relief with some ibuprofen and an ice pack to the back of her neck, otherwise, I'd be at the hospital instead of at home posting this.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

So it's the semi-anniversary of my brush with death, and how do I mark the occasion? I had hoped to be celebrating my "Alive Day." Instead, I was plagued with flashbacks, found out my job (a day job that I actually loved!) was letting me go, and ended up having to call a crisis line because my counselor was out of town.

At least there were some bright spots in an otherwise sucky day. My kids and some of their friends made a parody video of "Fifty Ways to Say Goodbye" that was shown today at a local film festival. That at least made me laugh.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I'm sorry to hear that, Angelique. Hope you feel better again, soon! :( *hugs*
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

I'm also sorry to hear that, Angelique. I know this might not be the best thing to say right about now, but just concentrate on the good things in life, Ange, and you will feel better. As corny as it sounds, the better you feel, the better you think, the better life will look.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I'm beyond livid with this verdict on Zimmerman.

I'm going to go punch some walls and shout at stupid people.

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

My dad died yesterday afternoon after a long illness. He was 84. Have a safe trip dad, and thank you for being my friend.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm very sorry to hear that Elwing.

There is so little I can say, words don't always soothe such a devastating loss. If you ever need anything, send me a U2U or hit me up in chat. I would love to hear some stories.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Hugs! I knew how much your father meant to you. PM me if you need to vent.
Only Skin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Only Skin »

Elwing wrote:My dad died yesterday afternoon after a long illness. He was 84. Have a safe trip dad, and thank you for being my friend.
I am so very, very sorry for your loss. :(
MOAR WINE.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Oh El :( *hugs tightly* Prayers/thoughts/warm fuzzy feelings to you right now sweetheart.

On another note, had my doctors misread my hormone clinic's letter wrong and refuse to give me my HRT prescription. Just got it back on track, am a week late for the injection and because of that have been through hormone hell the last week. Also found out after mentioning my shoulder pain to the doctor as an aside that I have 'frozen shoulder'. This means physiotherapy, if that doesn't work a steroid injection to the shoulder joint, and if that doesn't work a surgery to manipulate and loosen the joint.

Yaaaaaaay.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

A couple of weeks ago, my car's radiator died. The tow and replacement cost a few hundred dollars. Last week, my refrigerator died. Replacing it cost another few hundred dollars. Then today, one of our kittens limped in with a hind leg I strongly (and correctly) suspected was broken. That'll be another few hundred dollars going to the veterinarian. At least I can take comfort in knowing that our little Leonardo is not likely to end up like my old radiator or refrigerator.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hangover + spinny rides = :yech
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Well...this is a long one, and I got in at 2pm so fuck today, seriously. *hides under bed* I stayed at Koto's last night, had my T injection today at 11 so had to be home sharpish. I didn't have painkillers except for a couple of ibuprofen, which meant I was in a lot of pain just by walking.

TL;DR: Spent longer than I should have done on train, missed my injection appointment and had to wait to be seen, SHARK WEEK.

-

First off, standing only on the bus. Wouldn't have minded, but I got stared at and giggled at by a bunch of fucking tweens for being 'goffic' (come on, I was wearing a black teeshirt, that doesn't make me 'goff' - their words, not mine.) meh, whatever, ignored, didn't care.

Then I arrive at the station with two minutes to spare for a train because it'd been delayed. Brilliant! Except there was an old couple that didn't understand newfangled tech at the ticket machine dithering away, and my gut told me there would be a conductor so I needed a ticket. Managed to get one from the desk, pegged it through the station, nearly faceplanted up the stairs to the train (all on nothing but ibuprofen, remember) and got on the train as the doors were closing. Sorted, thought I, I'd get to my home station about 10.40 at the latest, meaning there'd be a nice, long, leisurely and above all painless stroll to the doctors.

AHAHAHAHA no.

I was right on the conductor...but she couldn't be bothered checking tickets. Meh. if I hadn't have got one, she would have checked, so hey. Was playing loud music, so didn't hear an announcement over the train...the train had been delayed due to a major car crash damaging a bridge. So it was going to do a fast run. (Really hoping everyone was okay from that crash...)

I watched my station blur past. It didn't stop until city centre.

I get off in the centre of Birmingham at 10.50ish, peg it across the station because there's a train back at 10.55, again getting there just as the doors shut. I get back to my station, running down one side of the station and up the other to grab my fiancée who was waiting for me (and apparently starting to really worry), at 11.10. We then walk as fast as I could (which was faster than I should have done) to get to the docs for 11.20. My appt was at 11.

Because I was late, I had to wait nearly an hour before the nurse saw me (who was understanding at least). Missus needed butter, so she got me some chocolate and a candy floss stick from a stand, and I figured cool, at least the morning of hell was over.

...HAHAHA. Cramps, cramps, painful everloving cramps of hell and death and then guess what? FUCKING SHARK WEEK. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE GONE.

I need cuddles.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art