New Nightscrawlers Banner: Need scans!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I need some scans of Nightcrawler... anything that you think looks cool. comics, movie or animated, i don't care. and here's the tricky part - I would prefer if Kurt in the pictures was wide rather than tall. like, he's all crouched along the ground, or something. also he can't be obscured by anything.

we are re-doing the theme for NS, and i need them for banners, so that's why they need to be wide. we're not going to be doing much of the collage thing like we have up there now, it will typically be one image per banner. yes, we'll have several.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

That shouldn't be hard; I believe I have the widescreen version of X2 on DVD so I can do high-quality stills from that with my DVD software. I'll try to look at those within a week.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

welll.... maybe.... but i need to seperate them from the background entirely. and i tried using movie stills, but he's either just kinda standing around, or teleporting, and i can't seperate the smoke out. I'd like some movie pics for variety, but just be aware they are a lot harder to use.

oh yeah, and while it can be cut off on the left side, top and bottom, it MUST MUST MUST be open on the right. here are a few examples of what i have so far:

I fudged the Ultimate one to make it work. there was a snow mobile that the gurd was riding, and it was covering his foot, so i had to draw it in (and part of his teleporting smoke) . once in the same position as our current banner, you could imagine how weird it would have looked if i had left the snow mobile in and it just was cut in half right infront of his foot. and i can usually seperate out the comic book smoke because it was drawn in the first place, and so usually has an edge of some sort, or i can simply re-drawit. but that's not the case with the movie smoke, it's much more tricky.

few more guidelines.

- must have Nightcrawler (obviously) while I would be ok with another character or two being there, he should be the most prominent.

- no 'shipping images. while we do not have anything agaisnt 'shipping in general, we do not want to give the impression that the site officially champions one particular pairing. so no lovey romantic pics of Kurt with Storm, Cerise, Christine, etc.

- while we will accept fan art, it must be very high quality, and it may be refused, so.... well, just be prepared for that. I have one of my own drawings serving as a banner, but that's mostly becaue this drawing has almost become a logo for 'Scrawlers because we have been using it for like 4 years.

- no fan created characters
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I hope you don't mind that I edited the title in order to reflect the true content of the thread in hopes of drawing more attention.

Thanks
-e
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by luvnightcrawler »

Why are you redoing the theme?I rather like this one. :D :D
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

this one will still be available... but some big changes are coming, (or have already come, with the addition of Zam as administrator, and upgrading to 1.9, we're getting some new hacks and features soon, (or old ones being brought back) just wanted something different. something more open and friendly feeling.

plus i rather like the new one :P
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Wait until you see the new theme. I like it. I mean - look at all the smoke in the background behind the Nightcrawlers. That's cool.

-e
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightwind »

:love

Your banner is soooo cool!! I love it! :D
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by luvnightcrawler »

I must say, I do rather like this one as well. Its very nice. :D
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Coffeeboy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Coffeeboy »

:( I need the new logo, have someone it?
BAMF!! ...and the time is no problem
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

No. The Nightscrawlers logo is unique to this site. If you are referring to art from the Nightcrawer solo books, then this is the wrong topic.