9/3 Issue: Rebirth

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

9/3 Issue: Rebirth

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for a week or so after [Issue]Loose Ends.

Viper: Finally fully healed, Viper was likely to get very bored very quickly. Fortunately, she already had a new project to work on. She had two comprehensive new identities to craft and these likely required some alterations to their physical appearance too. Her own was easy enough... Bennet's not so much. But she had a way... it was just a little more time consuming in her safe house rather than her lab.

Bennet: Bennet was not overly concerned. A new identity was an interesting experiment, but he was no longer a wanted man, as he was dead to the world already.

Viper: She cursed colourfully in russian as the device she was working on zapped her hand, shaking it off as the damage healed. She needed a better table. Sitting up, she stretched her back and shoulders a little before returning to her task.

Bennet: "Are you alright?" He looked up from his reading and cocked his head, watching her back.

Viper: "I'm fine..." she flexed her fingers, checking for nerve damage. "I may heal quickly but it still hurts."

Bennet: "I'm sure, since you still have nerve endings. It still hurts when I take a good hit, too." He'd just had ample time to learn to ignore it.

Viper: "Have you given any thought to whether or not you'd like me to make you an image inducer? Part of the new identity package. I'm feeling generous in my boredom."

Bennet: "You don't enjoy the current view?" He smirked at her back.

Viper: She shifted to look over at him, "There's nothing wrong with how you look... but I know you hide it. Rather than waste mental energy in a place such as Madripoor, I could make it simpler for you."

Bennet: Of course there was nothing wrong with it. His lips twitched, however, since that wasn't quite the response he typically received. "In that case, I would appreciate it." Why not?

Viper: "And your new identity? What would you like the name on your ID to be? I've finished most of the program to spread the data." She turned back to her tools, "Then we can move more freely and not worry about drawing attention to ourselves for our looks."

Bennet: "I suppose my surname is a tad... ostentatious." His nose twitched. "Smith?"

Viper: She laughed, "I think we can do better than that, at least." She pulled up a holo screen and pushed it toward him, "Take a look."

Bennet: Bennet's head tilted as he read. "Well, that's certainly pedestrian enough for me to blend in, even in Madripoor." He gave her a toothy smirk.

Viper: "I can add embelishments if you'd prefer," she raised an eyebrow at him, "But there's room for you to maneuver there."

Bennet: "I believe it's quite acceptable." He read his new name again. "I do have some Irish ancestry, so it's not entirely out of bounds."

Viper: Viper put in a few commands and an image appeared, it was Bennet but without his red skin and with colour in his eyes. "How do you like your new face?"

Bennet: "Dashing." He grinned at her, morphing his image to match.

Viper: She smirked, setting down her tools to test the nano tech on her table. It was scanning just fine... "Try to keep it that way, hmm?"

Bennet: "My face? I always do." He watched her work.

Viper: She lifted the mask into place to adjust to her face then made further adjustments to the image. At least now she could have her own face back minus the scar if she wanted.

Bennet: He'd seen his share of mad scientists at work, but at least she was attractive while she did bizarre things.

Viper: The nanomask flickered and the image that was now her face shifted, the scar vanishing from sight. "There," she said, once she was done with minor adjustments to the tech so it sat flawlessly on her skin. "How do I look?"

Bennet: "Beautiful, of course." He bowed his head at her a bit, openly looking her over as he did so.

Viper: She raised an eyebrow at the look, shifting where she sat ever so slightly to give him a more pleasing view. "So now I just need to choose a face that isn't my own to wear..."

Bennet: His head cocked a bit at her display and he smirked. "I do hope you choose an equally attractive one. It would be a shame to do otherwise."

Viper: "Well it would hardly serve me to accept less than I already have..." She returned the smirk, "For now, I think it's time for a break."

Bennet: "Of course, the creation of two identities from thin air is taxing work."

Viper: "Indeed... although I have experience with creating identities for myself, this is more comprehensive than I usually need." She turned to tidy away her tools and dismissed the holo screens.

Bennet: "Your efforts are appreciated." He put away his own reading materials for now and dismissed his telepathic illusion.

Viper: She stretched again, letting her hair down and running a hand through it. "What should we do to break up the day? I'd suggest a walk but... we're in Madripoor."

Bennet: "Well, while we certainly could, we'd likely attract the sort of attention you wish to avoid." He kept his eyes on her as she stretched and toyed with her hair.

Viper: "Or worse..." she offered. She got up from her seat, looking over at him, "Any suggestions for alternatives?"

Bennet: Bennet stood as well and stepped a bit closer to her. "I suppose that depends on what you're in the mood for?"

Viper: "I can be persuaded to do any number of things..." she shifted her stance slightly to invite him into her space.

Bennet: He grinned. "Wonderful." Closing the distance, he reached for her arm to trail the backs of his fingers over it.

Viper: "So you have something in mind?" She tilted her head to the side as she looked up at him and lifted her hands to his hips.

Bennet: She was short. Tsk. He bent enough to brush his nose and mouth over her newly exposed skin. "I do. Would you like to pursue those ideas here, or in the bedroom?"

Viper: She let out a soft sigh, her eyes closing for a moment, "The right ideas can be fun anywhere... do you have a preference?"

Bennet: "I do believe I've seen enough of this sofa for the time being. Shall we?" He scooped her up and turned for the bedroom.

Viper: She laughed in surprise at being lifted from the floor, "Well, now I think you can take me wherever you like."

Bennet: Bennet quite liked the sound of her laugh, and grinned. "I believe Ben Murphy sounds like the kind of man who'd take a beautiful woman wherever she wanted to go."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 9/3 Issue: Rebirth

Post by Esynthia »

MURPHY. HAAAAAAAAAAAA
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given