Summer 2016 - Melati

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Summer 2016 - Melati

Post by Starfish »

Melati: "Okay, I'm bored," Melati stated, casting an irritated glare the bottom of her empty coffee cup. She checked her watch. Again. She looked at the timetable, Again. "You probably don't want me bored at an airport."

Ankka: Ankka was trying not to fidget, and in the way of all big men was trying to slump further in his seat so that no one would recognise him. Yeah, that wasn't working so great. What if she had written him off after no contact for months? What if even the flowers didn't work? What if - Mel's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

Ankka: "I could create a localised thunderstorm over your head?" He offered blandly.

Melati: "That actually doesn't sound too bad," she remarked, leisurely tilting her head to the side to give the tall, blond man a look. "Because the idea of intentionally leaving any luggage unattended and seeing what happens becomes more and more tempting."

Jack: Jack nearly suggested he and Mel quickly step out to the restroom for a quick nudge nudge wink wink, but then that would probably have made Ankka even more restless. Poor guy. "Garçon! A fresh cup all around please?" the painfully pink rabbit said while holding up his cup.

Noriko: Noriko had just landed and was waiting on the silly plane people to attached the docking corridor thing, collecting her hand luggage and wondering if anyone would be waiting for her or if she'd be heading home by herself. She'd sent emails out on her stop over but no reply so far.

Noriko: Impatient as always she was tapping her feet by the time a whole 3 minutes had passed and she was aloud to start disembarking, totally not cheating in places to get herself moving alittle faster and burn off excess energy.

Ankka: "The unattended luggage thing might make us vait even longer, just remember that." Ankka muttered, before picking up his cup and staring into it. After a moment there was a tiny little thunderclap and a pathetic little black could appeared over Mel's head. A strike of lightning that wasn't much more than a spark zapped her ear.

Melati: "Ack! Hey!" Melati nearly fell of her chair, but managed to steady herself by grabbing and holding on to Jack. "That itches!" She laughed and rubbed her air.

Jack: "Whoa... I feel tingly... dude, I think I'm picking up static from you." Jack told Ankka as sagged down the side of his chair with Mel hanging on to him.

Ankka: "Vell, you did say..." Just as tiny little raindrops fell on her.

Melati: "And as almost always, I am to blame myself for ending up in pain," she commented with a chuckle, shifting back onto her chair.

Noriko: Finally free from the flying coffin she started heading to the arrivals lounge and food before she picked up her luggage. For once there was no bright hair colours, no neon leg warmers or colourful anything. Black trousers and a coffee colours shirt had her blending in with the crowd... except for the paperclip necklace that was.

Ankka: Ankka smiled, before watching the arrivals again and playing with the paper wrap to the large bunch of flowers. Gods, he didn't want to fuck this up. "I could see if you can attach some string to it and have a pet thunderstorm if you vant?"

Jack: "Wow, that would be so cool, take the offer, Mel, take it!" Jack urged.

Melati: "Would I have to water it regularly?" Melati asked, before she eyes the huge armful of flowers Ankka had brought along. "Better hope she hurries up, before Jack here decides to nibble those dandelions."

Ankka: "I vill zap you on the nose if you do, bunny." He smiled at Jack, though his eyes were on the crowds. "I...don't know, I don't keep pet weather systems, honestly."

Jack: "Hey, I don't eat flowers... I might chew on the leaves a bit." he joked.

Melati: "Not so fast," she remarked, nudging the Ankka's side. "She might think it's adorable if you let him nibble the blossoms a bit. You know, chicks dig cute critters."

Noriko: Noriko trudged along between the security checks but the moment she had space she was cheating to get out of the crowds faster incase she got recognised, but then she saw something miraculous in the food court friends waiting for her. "Guys!"

Ankka: "Not these ones, I'm trying to sort things out-" And there she was. "Noriko!" He got up fast enough that he had to catch the chair before it fell over, waving and trying not to look too nervous...which made him look even more nervous, actually. Gods, more beautiful than he remembered...

Noriko: Noriko spotted Ankka as he stood up and her face lit up with hope, right up until she saw the pink rabbit and Melati missing an eye. "Hey Ankka! Hey guys how are you all? Didn't think anyone was coming to meet me at all." Giving them all a smile and blushing at the way Ankka was looking at her.

Jack: "You kidding? I love coming to the airport, just seeing all these tired people makes me feel so alive and thankful." Jack replied getting up and eagerly waiting for Ankka to make the first contact so that he can get a hug in.

Melati: "Ah, about time," Melati muttered as she spotted the familiar head of hair, nevertheless looking happy to see the other girl again. "Hey, Noriko." She stood up to greet her. "Did you short out anything vital on that plane, or what took you so long?"

Noriko: "No I didn't short anything out I was secretly charging peoples phones and stuff." Giggling alittle and looking nervous because Ankka did. "My second flight got delayed because of refueling problems."

Ankka: Ankka fidgetted, before internally eyerolling at himself and scooping her up into a tight hug, actually lifting her off the floor. For a moment, he just held her, letting that do the talking as he figured he'd just mess it up if he opened his mouth.

Jack: "D'awwww, how adorable is that?" Jack commented.

Melati: "Almost sickeningly so," Melati added, waiting by Jack's side, watching the other two with a smirk on her lips.

Noriko: Noriko giggled as well before hugging Ankka back with a happy smile, glad he wanted her back after the arguements. "I'm sorry I shouted at you, and I missed you loads, all of you actually..."

Jack: Jack nudged Melati in the side with an elbow, and gave her a big ass obvious wink, adding "She missed ALL of him."

Ankka: "I'm sorry too. Even got you flowers to prove it." He smiled shyly at the others and Noriko. "I missed you too...though I vasn't exactly awake for most of it."

Melati: "You mean there's more to him?" She gave the blond boy an appraising look, keeping her arms crossed. "Hm, you sure about that? Maybe I'd need both eyes to see it."

Noriko: Giggling again she nuzzled the flowers before aiming a small spark at Jack. "I meant I missed all of you lot back as school you dirty pink rabbit!" Then she head tilted at Ankka. "What do you mean wasn't awake? And you'd need more then both eyes melati." Sticking her tongue out playfully at the other girl even through the tired look on her face.

Ankka: Ankka actually blushed hard at that, tapping Nori on the nose. "I...vas stupid and cured someone who vas in a coma." He shrugged it off, setting her down and handing her the flowers. "It knocked me out for a long time." Jack got a scruff for good measure. "Dirty bunny."

Melati: Melati chuckled and steppe over to Noriko, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder to give her a firm squeeze. "Anyway, glad to have you back," she told her.

Jack: "Ohhhh...." Jack shuddered with a horribly leering grin, "Tingles all over." he said, thankful for the fur that probably lessened the actual shock of the zap.

Noriko: "Ooooo!" Hgging the flowers to her before offering hugs to Melati and Jack. "You guys look like you need hugs as well, how about in a minute I fetch my luggage and treat us to food?"

Melati: "Yeah, be glad you missed what was going on lately," Melati remarked, returning the offered hug. "The last few weeks have been rough." She smiled. "I'll never say no to free food, though."

Ankka: Ankka smiled. "I could go for food." He nodded, a hand still on Noriko's back. It seemed...everything was going to be okay between them, the big man relaxing slowly.

Jack: "I am actually starving," the pink one replied when it was finally his turn to get and give hugs, She's sooo tinyyyy, he thought with a silly grin.

Noriko: Once everyone was fully hugged she started leading them off to the luggage bays and the big turn table thingys. "I wasn't sure where I wanted to be, here with you guys and helping or back home helping there... though that wasn't really helping..."

Melati: "How did things go back home?" Melati asked, snatching a luggage cart on the way and unable to resist the temptation to give it a push and ride it.

Noriko: "Well my sisters recovered now and I have a new baby sister called Aiko. We had to move house because of the anti mutant protestors in Japan burning ours down and I'm all over the news as an out of control mutant that needs *help*. So could have gone better." Shrugging and sighing abit walking closer to Ankka for comfort.

Noriko: "Hows everyone coping here?"

Melati: "Same here," Melati replied. "As in, things could have gone better." She resisted the urge to touch her face, diverting her hand to scratch the side of her head instead. "Sorry to hear that about your home. I hope everyone's alright, yeah?"

Noriko: "Everyones fine now, but I ended up accidently shocking my mom. She doesn't mind but the media is up in arms about it." Resisting the urge to ask about the eye until she could speak to Mel in private and instead focusing on spotting her luggage. "I'm just sorry I missed the funeral."

Ankka: Ankka stayed quiet, a hand still on Noriko as support. Since he'd got back, he'd slowly been filled in on the details, and they'd just got worse and worse.

Melati: "Yeah, what happened to Johnny hit us all really hard." She looked down, her jaw clenched, and let out a silent sigh. "Up until the last moment, everyone still had hope that we could save him in time."

Noriko: "I cried all day when I found out him and Cassie had died.... all I could think about was *johnny's never going to throw me at a sinking ship again*" Spotting her bright blue suitcase she grabbed it and hauled it comically onto the trolley because of how short she was.

Melati: "Oh, so you haven't heard yet..." Melati remarked, stepping forward to help Noriko with the suitcase. "You might regret having missed the funeral even more when you hear this."

Noriko: "What do you mean I haven't heard?" Getting it onto the trolley she huffed at it before helping Melati push it back towards food and such, spare hand going out to brush Ankka's arm. "Does it have anything to do with the pink glittery easter bun?"

Ankka: Ankka reached out and actually took Noriko's hand, kissing the knuckles and smiling despite the weight of the conversation.

Jack: "Nope, funny enough, had absolutely nothing to do with me." Jack said, trying not to smile during the conversation. It was sad Johnny was gone, but he was so happy that Cassie was back.

Melati: "No, that's a different story." She smirked at the other girl. "You better hold on to something sturdy, like your big guy here, because this might knock you right off your feet." She raised her eyebrows for a dramatic pause. "Turns out Cassie got better."

Noriko: Noriko stopped and gave Melati one hell of a what the fuck look. "How do you get better from being dead aside from the obvious one ending in head removal afterwards..."

Jack: "If there's one thing that Cassie is, it's unconventional." Jack added.

Melati: "I have no fucking clue, but you better believe it." Melati chuckled and shook her head, still trying to wrap her mind around it herself. "There are some rumors and theories floating around, but personally I like to think the devil found her so annoying he kicked her back out."

Jack: "My theory is that she got bored being dead and decided to come back." Jack said.

Noriko: "I'm...... I'm cool with that theory...." Otherwise left speachless for words as they got back to the reastuarant areas and she could flop in a chair in disbelief. "Getting better from dead eh? Fuck lets hope that doesn't catch on with everyone otherwise they'll be no room left..."

Jack: "Oh please, there's already no room left. I blame condom companies for not making enough." Jack said nodding sagelike. "But other than that, welcome back. We got a couple of new faces as well back at the school."

Melati: "No shit." Melati followed Noriko to the food places, pushing the cart for her. "Especially since she also brought a new guy with her. Funny enough, the kid even looks like he's a corpse. I never know if she's serious or just bullshitting everyone again, but apparently she actually pulled him out of a grave."

Jack: "Kid creeps me a tiny bit... and intrigues me a tiny bit. I feel confused about him. Who else is new, oh wait, there's that girl that hasp waspy bug powers."

Ankka: Ankka rubbed his face as he followed them to the food courts. "Don't, if I can heal someone from a coma vhy not death too? Actually, you know vhat, I'm not even going to think about that."

Noriko: "Seriously? I've missed so much wish I'd stayed her longer now rather then only visiting for easter.......... and yeah Ankka lets not when you coma yourself healing people." Still holding his hand and looking at the menu. "Wasp powers eh?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Summer 2016 - Melati

Post by Starfish »

Jimmy: "Why do we gotta go tramping around this forest anyways?" Jimmy grumbled, "I got enough mud and animal shit back home to be worryin' about," He pulled a face and wiped the base of his trainer on a tree, "Why don't his folks just like ... microchip him or somethin'?"

Jolen: Jolen smiled at that. "Do your parents have you microchipped?" Trapsing through the snow in just jeans and boots, plant life from his hair acting as a cape.

Jimmy: "No ... because my parents are DEEEEEEEAD ... well, not really, I dunno who my folks are, I just wanted to say that."

Rachel: When Rachel had gotten back from her amazingly awesome vacation, she hadn't expected to take a trip to Russia to rescue a stray. As she followed the others through the dense forest, she pointed out, "We all need chipped."

Jolen: "My parents are dead and I'd didn't need microchipping while they were alive no matter how much I ran about in the forest." Chuckling alittle at Rachels comment. "I'm unsure chipping would work on some of us."

Melati: "I'm seriously considering that," Melati remarked, no idea where she was going. She knew that around them where trees, and in each direction a lot more trees. "Microchips for all once we get back to the school. I'm so sick of trying to find your abducted asses, anyway."

Jimmy: "Ugh, way to ruin the joke, Jolen."

Rachel: "Who doesn't want to look at my ass?" Rachel asked with a smirk as she glanced back to the others, almost walking into a branch as she did so.

Mikael: There weren't just trees. There was a lot of snow too. Crunchy snow, all the better for showing up worryingly large wolf-prints in...

Jolen: Jolen was following the wolf prints happily, more then used to tracking stuff in the snow that and he could smell the wolf thing faintly in the direction they were going in. "I'm sorry Jimmy, I didn't mean to get a=offended about dead parent jokes."

Melati: "It's summer break, and I'm wading through snow in some Russian backwoods," Melati muttered, scaling yet another small hill, expecting to find even more trees behind it. "Which by itself isn't even half-bad, had we only stopped to pick up that moonshine vodka as I've said we should."

Jimmy: "There's no point anyone getting offended by dead parent jokes, it's like a Batman convention back at that school. I'm with Mel, we should go pick up some potato juice and hunt down those mail-order brides that apparently pop up all over Russia."

Mikael: There were more trees, alright. And snow. And a large shadowy silohette in between a couple of them that was suddenly gone with a flurry of movement.

Jolen: "Or we could actually go find the potential student we have here, and jimmy I know you don't have sarcasm in your world but thats what I just did." Smiling and sticking his tongue out at the lad before darting off after the flurry. "Come on!"

Jimmy: "... Yeeah, anyone else getting Dog Solider flashbacks here?"

Rachel: "It feels so wrong to be walking through snow while sunburned... in the middle of summer," Rachel commented, "After I just spent a good deal of time on the beach... Though, Disney World is totally lame and doesn't serve vodka."

Melati: "How does anyone survive that place then," Melati asked Rachel, as she followed the others, leaping over a fallen tree. Her bare feet left large, clawed prints in the white snow.

Mikael: There was another flurry of movement and a light growl, followed by a snapping and a whimper as something less-than-gracefully tried to run away from the group.

Melati: Her long, pointed ears twitched. "I think I've just heard something fall on its ass," Melati commented, pausing to sniff the cold air. "This way!"

Jolen: Jolen just picked up his speed, he was built to run in this environment and if needed he could do that weird ass root transport thing again, he was following that thing without slowly or breaking stride.

Jimmy: "Maybe it's a lost russian bride," Jimmy perked up, trailing after her.

Rachel: "I think part of me died there," she admitted with a smirk as she squinted into the shadows of the trees. Startling at the noise, the smirk immediately left her face as she turned sharply toward the noise, moving through the snow to follow Melati with some difficulty. Unlike her and Jolen, she was not made to trudge through snow.

Jimmy: "Yo, Rache, can't you just like .... brain feeler out to let us know if it's what we're looking for and not ... a drunk bear falling outta a tree or nothing?"

Melati: "If it's a drunk bear, can we keep him?" Melati asked, looking back over her shoulder. "I want to make friends and ride it."

Rachel: "I'm not an animal whisperer," Rachel answered with a roll of her eyes.

Mikael: They were chasing him?! Why the hell were they chasing him? They weren't even Russian - were they here for him? Ugh, of course they were, they didn't smell all-human and let's face it, there was nothing else interesting in this forest. His dad was going to kill him...

Jolen: "Hey wait up! We need to speak to you!" Legs pumping he sped up even more, there was a reason he could keep up with most cars and it was because of all those muscles working in unison so perfectly with a bit of help from plant biology.

Jimmy: "Ugh, fine, can melt pavements with her frontal lobe but letting us know if we're about to be eaten by drunk bears and she's useless," Jimmy grumbled, tripping over a burried tree root and landing face first in the snow, "MOTHERFUCKINGTITWANKTOFFEEBANANA!"

Melati: "Here, doggy!" Melati ran up another incline to get a better vantage point. "Momma Mel got a big stick for you!" Wait, that came out all kinds of wrong, she thought, right before she slipped on some hidden ice.

Jolen: As Jolen went down the inclines his spines came in useful, snagging on things and dragging him on ice to slow him down, keeping his balance going she he could just keep running, it reminded him of a time when't he'd ran a deer to the ground.

Mikael: There was some decidedly vitrolic Russian swearing before there was another yelp and the sound of something large falling over. More swearing followed, degenerating to mutterbeing before a heavily accented "I am not a fucking [/i]dog[/i]!" echoed out.

Jimmy: Jimmy sat up and shook the snow off his face, "Guessin' that' our fella?"

Jolen: "Good! We're not after a dog we're after a werewolf!" Jolen shouted laughing as he ran through the snow after the trails, searching for the far off voice.

Melati: "Then we promise your balls have nothing to fear from us, no matter what you did with them," Melati called into the vague direction where the voice had come from.

Jimmy: "She lies, no man's manhood is safe from her lecherous, lizardly ways," Jimmy said, poking his nose gently to check it wasn't busted.

Melati: "Hey!" Melati turned her head to glare at Jimmy, before she let out a loud sigh. "Okay, he's right, but that's totally a good thing! You can ask anyone!"

Mikael: Oh great, Americans. The fingure huffed, giving up and sitting up before standing. "Alright, alright, fine, I'll stop running, da?" His voice was low, growly, not something that should have come from a human throat...which was fair enough, considering he looked like he'd walked fresh off the set of Helsing...

Jolen: Jolen slowed down to walk the last few yards barely out of breath and smiling. "No worries we come in peace, we just wish to talk with you." Then he rouned the snow heap to get a good look at the guy -oh wow...

Jimmy: "Hey, he's not naked is he?" Jimmy just wanted to check before he came to have a look.

Mikael: "Da, I am. But I'm also decent. Vell, as decent as I get. Vhat the hell do you vant? Did Dad send you out here? I told him it vas the girl's fault, not mine!"

Melati: "At least until my feet get really cold, then I'll drag you out of here by your tail if I have to." Melati trudged closer, her gaze sizing up the tall werewolf. "Yes, your dad told us you're hiding out here, but whatever you did with that chick only concerns you and her. That's not exactly why we're here."

Jolen: Jolen came properly into view, long vegetation odd body hair, spike, eyes and all. "We aren't here about the sex, we're here because we are like you... sort of."

Jimmy: "How can you be naked and decent? Don't tell me he has a comic book modesty fur patch?"

Melati: Melati thumbed over her shoulder. "I think Jimmy is here about the sex, though."

Jimmy: "Only if these legendary russian brides are about," he quickly clarified.

Mikael: He looked down at himself. "...I do. I vould use my tail, but it's not big enough, moi drug." He chuckled. "Vell...if you're not going to take me back to the police...okay, ve can talk. Who are you, vhat the hell do you vant, and I like the piercings, plant-boy." He gestured at Jolen's spikes, though his eyes were on the lizard-chick. "Wow..."

Jolen: It actually took Jolen a few moments to realise that the wolf man wasn't talking about his naturaly plant spikes but the metal nipple ones getting to cold right now.

Melati: "I know," Melati commented, holding out her hands. "My awesomeness is hard to handle for the unprepared. " She chuckled, before giving a firm nod. "Anyway, we're here to help you. Even with your little cop problem, if you like."

Jimmy: Jimmy peered around the brush to check, "Holy shit ... he really does as well. Moralistic mutations, crazy."

Jolen: "You know Jimmy the really funny thing is my plant mutation does that to, I just prefer clothes so you acn use your imagination more." Grinning playfully over his shoulder

Mikael: The huge werewolf sniffed, crouching so we wasn't looming so much and shaking out the shaggy ruff, revealing he still had a head of long hair in a loose ponytail. An ear flicked. "I'm listening. Oh...my name's Kael, by the vay. And I prefer reality to imagination, sveetheart."

Jimmy: "Maybe one of the biology students could right thier theory on it, 'genetic censorship'?"

Melati: "Name's Melati, but you can call me Mel," she introduced herself, stepping over to the larger canine mutant, casual as if she wouldn't approach a terrifying feral beast, and held out a clawed hand. "Nice to meet you, Keal. These jokers back there are Jimmy and Jolen, and the redhead up there is Rachel."

Jimmy: "And just to warn ya, if y' eat me I'll give ya the shits."

Jimmy: "Just so we're clear on that, fuzzball."

Jolen: "I'm the vegetarian option only there, and I'm not a Joker I'm enjoying myself and enjoying all the wonderful conversations going on."

Jimmy: "He's german, you couldn't find his sense of humour withthe hubble telescope, mate."

Mikael: That got a laugh from Kael, taking the hand - but instead of shaking it, he kissed the knuckles, a hell of a feat with a muzzle, and kept eyecontact with Melati. "Privet, Mel. A pleasure." He murmured. "And I am not anything like a Dog Soldier, moi drug. I'm more likely to mistake you for a full moon."

Melati: Melati frowned. "Are you saying I'm fat?"

Jimmy: Jimmy snorted.

Jolen: "He's saying your beautiful Mel, don't be silly." Grinning at Jimmy a tentacle came out and poked him. "Ever wanted to try out all those Hentais you watch at night?"

Mikael: "Actually, I vas saying hi, but if she vants to take it as meaning beautiful, vell, I meant that too." Kael winked. "But ve're getting sidetracked. Vhy are you looking for me? I'm pretty sure being caught with my pants down isn't all that big a deal...metaphorically speaking...da?"

Jimmy: "Eh, we're mutants, from a mutant school, looking for more mutants so we can mutant while we mutant."

Melati: "Hey, I can't speak for the others, but where I'm concerned, that alone was worth the trip all the way over here," Melati remarked, stealing a glance down the the tall guy's body. "Officially, though, we're here because we help young mutants, especially those who seem to need it most."

Jimmy: He eyed the tentcle suspiciously.

Jolen: "I was one of last summers pick ups, funnily enough also found in a forest." Chuckling as he saw the look on Mel's face.

Mikael: "I look even better as a human." Kael winked, seeing the look and really not minding from the way his tail tapped. "Vait...you vouldn't be those X-Men kids, vould you? And I bet you vere, you got that vild look about you." He smirked at Jolen, eyeing the tentacle with interest.

Jolen: "They are all X-men I'm just a student at the school but otherwise yes." Smiling back at the guy and missing the look entirely.

Melati: "The one and only," Melati replied, revealing some of her sharp teeth as she put on a smirk. "Looks like our reputation has come a long way."

Mikael: "You guys do turn up on television a lot. Dad likes you, so you can't all be bad, da?" Kael tilted his head. "So vhy the hell do you vant me? I'm just a volf-boy."

Jimmy: "... You do see the lizard girl over there, right?"

Jolen: "I would've thought your head would've been the more obvious one." Poking his tongue out at Jimmy.

Mikael: "Da, I keep vanting to howl at it..."

Jimmy: "Harhar, so original."

Mikael: "Vell, it's either that or I mistake you for a - vhat is it called, a hydrant?" Kael smirked, automatically leaning on his tail to stop it wagging. Did they want him to join? Did he want to? Stupid question - hell yes. It was new, different, exciting. Sonata would understand. Hopefully. "So...you vant me to join up?"

Jimmy: "Good thing I left my red coat at home then, huh?"

Jolen: "It's an offer to join the school, free board and food and if you can't get a job or don't have money you get allowance. Free education and if you really want to learn to become an X-men."

Melati: "We didn't make the trip only to try some of the local vodka and get lost in these woods, even though that still is on my vacation schedule." Melati crossed her arms. "And Jolen already put it better than I could. You can come along and see for yourself. Everything is taken care for. No obligations."

Jimmy: "Also, the bitches. The bitches be lovin' this whole superhero shit, mate."]

Melati: "Yeah, we do," Melati agreed, smirking suggestively.

Mikael: Kael tilted his head, considering, an ear flicking. "So, leave Russia, become an X-Man, get bitches. Vell. Not literally, I hope, all things considered..." He looked down at himself. "Da, I'm for this. Especially if you can get the police off me - for god's sake, it vas a graveyard, not my fault I lost track of time and it vas a Sunday..."

Jimmy: "I though you burnt all the christians in russia for kindling since it's anti-communist?"

Mikael: "Hell no. This place is all Orthadox, Moony. I'm just a Satanist."

Jimmy: "... Really? A werewolf satanist?"

Melati: "Well, that's certainly we were still missing in our colourful bag of skittles," Melati remarked with a chuckle.

Jimmy: "And I left my bingo card at home, too. All I need is the brain in a jar and I've got a full house."

Mikael: That made Kael grin, before standing up and stretching all eight-five of his fuzzy self, tail wagging. "Vell...guess I better get back to my house, change - in all the vays - and let my folks know, da? Dad alvays did say I should apply to you guys, so this is just jumping the gun. Shall ve?"

Jimmy: "Do you have vodka?"

Jolen: "I take it you've not been to the lower levels of the medlab then? Me and Cassie... we found some weird things down there..." Nodding at Kael and smiling. "Welcome aboard Kael, prepare for mental trauma and the weirdest household you could ever imagine."

Mikael: That got Jimmy a long, hard look. "You're in Russia, and my father is the most Russian Russian you'll ever meet. He has Grandfather's still in the back garden. Da, ve have wodka." He turned back to Mel then, giving her a fangy grin. "The pleasure, moi drug, is all mine. Take me to capitalism!"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Melati: The flash hitting her eye caused a sudden pain inside her head, bringing back memories of the searing hot knife. Melati winced, but managed to fight the urge to avert her gaze. "Some sensitivity to bright light is to be expected during the first couple of days," Dr. McCoy remarked, quickly lowering his pocket lamp again.

Melati: "After all, this is a brand new eye, and it's seeing the world for the first time," he continued, carefully inspecting the left side of her face. "I recommend wearing sunglasses whenever you're going out, until your vision has returned to normal. Other than that, your regenerative abilities did a flawless job."

Jack: In a corner of McCoy's office was a pink rabbit, sitting back and slowly paging through a magazine. He would look up once in a while, but most of the time he listened to the conversation with his big ears.

Melati: "With a little help from you, doc," Melati replied, blinking a couple times and rubbing her restored left eye once McCoy was done examining it. "Also, I'm sorry if I've been a grumpy patient."

Jack: Jack snorted at what she said.

Melati: The doctor laughed as he stepped to his desk. "I deal with teenagers on a daily basis," he replied, deeming that a satisfying response to her apology. "I wish more of them would basically do my work for me."

Melati: Her head turned around, the girl glaring at the pink rabbit. "What!?"

Jack: "Grumpy patient. I'm a grumpy patient when I get my ears tested. Johnny was a grumpy patient when he was recovering in the hospital. You were a little bit more than grumpy."

Melati: "Getting your eye poked out with a glowing blade tends to do that," Melati shot back, her arms crossed in front of her chest. "Though, worse than that was having to sit still for an hour while the scab got peeled off."

Jack: "Cry baby." Jack teased, turning a page.

Melati: "Don't worry, Ms. Kusuma, I won't hold you up much longer," Dr. McCoy remarked, getting a small bottle from one of his cabinets. "Before you go, let me give you these eye drops. Use them hourly. They should take care of any irritation."

Melati: "You know, I think I could really use a lucky rabbit's foot." Melati narrowed her eyes at Jack.

Jack: Jack lifted one of his big pink feet, twiddling his toes at her, before putting it down and looking up from the magazine. "So Dr McCoy, just out of curiosity, not that I'm going to do it, but yesterday when you delved deeper into different mutations in class you talked about that drug, Kick... what do you think would happen to me if I took it?" Jack asked, putting the magazine down.

Melati: Before answering, Dr. McCoy gave the student a stern look over the rim of his glasses. "If you were so foolish, the results would be difficult to predict. That is one of the reasons why this drug is so dangerous. It's a vague guideline that it enhances already present mutations, but the effects don't have to be limited to that."

Melati: "We don't have any large scale studies on the subject as a basis to make any reliable predictions, aside from reports of his highly addictive nature and often dangerous side effects."

Melati: "In other words, you'd grow even bigger ears and feet," Melati tossed in. "Then you'd explode in a cloud of glitter."

Jack: "That sounds fantastic. Anyway, is there anything I should know before I take her home? Should I invest in a cone in case she starts scratching?" Jack asked grinning.

Melati: "And a muzzle for her loud mouth," the doctor joked, patting Melati's shoulder with a big, furry paw. "Come see if there are problems, but I doubt there will be any."

Melati: "Cheers, doc." Melati gave the large, blue man a half-smile, before pushing herself off the stretcher. "Even though I slowly got used to the eyepatch. I think it suited me."

Jack: "We're keeping the eyepatch though," Jack said standing up. "We need to do the pirate thing with the thing. Aww look at that, pretty pair of eyes."

Melati: "That Captain Jack idea really got to your head, didn't it?" Melati waved the doctor goodbye and made her way towards the door while she gave the rabbit a look. "Funny, I've always been pretty sure my eyes were the last pair you noticed on me."

Jack: "Well your nostrils are quite cute when you get angry and they flare up." Jack said and opened the door. "So what is next up on the agenda? Need to give tge new eye a test run?"

Melati: "Why, you're offering to dance for me, rabbit?" Melati chuckled, cracking a grin in Jack's direction. They slipped out into the hallway, aiming for the elevator. "I thought about making the best out of my regained depth perception and throw some balls on the basketball field, but I'm open to any suggestion."

Jack: "Oh there are tons if things I can think of that involves depth perception. There is danger room training, sex, archery, sex, some racing around a track in miniature clown cars, sex, all kinds of yhings we can do."

Melati: Melati frowned, before stepping into the elevator with a thoughtful look on her face. "That all sounds nice and dandy, but I think you may have forgotten one important thing," she said, turning around to lean against the back wall, the tip of her tail pressing the button for the ground floor. "How about sex?"

Jack: "Sex? Really? Of all the things you would want to do to test out your new eye and you would go for sex?" Jack shook his head as he looked at his reflection in the elevator's metal wall. He combed some of the pink fur and noticed his black fur was starting to come back. He turned with a grin. "How about we do something we both like. How about sex?"

Melati: "Now there's an idea! I haven't thought about that at all!" Melati returned his grin, her long tail curling around the boy's ankle. Then the look on her face turned slightly more serious. "I really feel like celebrating. I can't remember the last time I've been sick or injured for longer than a day."

Jack: "Well then I suggest partying as hard as possible. When last have you been to Vegas?" Jack asked, "And don't say when you picked me up, because that is way too long ago."

Melati: "Unless I simply don't remember any other trips over there, I'm afraid it's really been that awfully long," she replied, using her tail to draw him a little closer. "I know, I know, shame on me. That's no proper conduct for a party animal like me."

Jack: "Then I am inviting you to be my plus one to a wedding." Jack told her, stepping up right against her and putting his hands around her waist. "There will be a buffet and dancing and drinks, and seeing that it will be in Vegas, I expect lions and tigers and bears as well."

Melati: Melati arched an eyebrow, watching Jack with her head tilted to the side. "A wedding? Who's getting the old chain and ball?" A grin appeared on her lips, and she chuckled. "Not the spiky kids, right?"

Jack: "Think the guy wants to make sure his baby is born in wedlock. He asked me if I could be their tour guide in Vegas. Either way, free cake and booze."

Melati: "Then I don't need to hear any more." She laughed and put her arms over Jack's shoulders. "That actually sounds pretty cute, and if they'll have me, I'll come along, of course. With a guide like you, this can only end in beautiful disaster. I hope there's going to be hen and stag nights."

Jack: "Of course, mind you I will have to end up organizing both. Mind giving me a hand in the party planning? It might involve doing wedding plans as well. Don’t worry, there was only on big request. They want a mutant Elvis to marry them."

Melati: "I thought Elvis was[/i[ a mutant?" Melati frowned. "Anyway, I'd be damned if there isn't one mutant praising the King in all of Vegas. If all else fails, we just put you in a fatsuit and give you a bad hairpiece." Chuckling again, she showed Jack a toothy grin. "And why do you even think you have to ask me to help with a party? That's my calling, after all."

Jack: "Perfect.... one snag though, we will have to drive to make sure the prickly pair don't end up in an accident. "

Melati: Melati shrugged. "Fine by me," she replied. "More time to see and do stuff. It's been a while since my last proper road trip, anyway. With a couple folks along for the ride it should be pretty fun, and we can take turns driving."

Jack: "Sounds like a plan. Invite any unwitting fool to join in, by the way. The more the merrier."

Melati: "Oh, leave that to me, furball," Melati replied, a wry smirk playing across her lips. "I'm pretty good at bringing all the boys and girls to the yard. Now, let's get this party started, shall we?" Her smile turned predatory as she pulled Jack closer.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

Jack: Jack lifted one of his big pink feet, twiddling his toes at her, before putting it down and looking up from the magazine. "So Dr McCoy, just out of curiosity, not that I'm going to do it, but yesterday when you delved deeper into different mutations in class you talked about that drug, Kick... what do you think would happen to me if I took it?" Jack asked, putting the magazine down.

Melati: Before answering, Dr. McCoy gave the student a stern look over the rim of his glasses. "If you were so foolish, the results would be difficult to predict. That is one of the reasons why this drug is so dangerous. It's a vague guideline that it enhances already present mutations, but the effects don't have to be limited to that."

Melati: "We don't have any large scale studies on the subject as a basis to make any reliable predictions, aside from reports of his highly addictive nature and often dangerous side effects."
Guess who was just that stupid? :P

Nice job guys!
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7