X-Statix Vs. Avengers

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

AvengersForever.org just posted news that Marvel Knights is supposedly planning on an arc reminisant of the very popular Avengers/Defenders. Its going to be an all out brawl between Avengers and X-Statix. They're planning on having lots of one on ones and at least two in every issue. I really don't know anything about X-Statix but it sounds like a really great idea. I think that they could use all most any teams and it would work.

If any one has any ideas what X charicters would be used and what their powers are I'd love to hear it. I can't wait to start speculating. They did have some small teases. Iron man Vs. The Orphan and The Cap. Vs. The Anarchist. I'm unfamilliar with the adversaries but those are two of my favorite Avengers.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

I'd say Captain America vs. Orphan and Iron Man versus Anarchist. They seem to want the leaders to duke it out, and even though Tike is the leader of X-Statix, Guy seems to be the prominent figure. And Anarchist and Iron Man somehow make sense in my mind.

I can't remember who's on the Avengers, but if Scarlet Witch still is, then I'd love to see a Dead Girl/Wanda battle. I can see a whole Magic vs. Death scene now. But maybe Venus will get that role.

I'm excited because if my subscription has gone through correctly then the first part of this will be one of my first issues (after "The Cure" ). Sorry to Avengers fans, but I'm behind my X-Statix all the way. I'm just hoping we get even a snippet of Dead Girl and Anarchist. I'm sick to death of Orphan and Venus. Death and Anarchy Roadshow forever!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Slarti »

In the style of Avengers/Defenders war, eh? Gotta say as a lover of the Avengers and since my hubby loves the Defenders (I know they're not in it but ya gotta think Silver Surfer and Doc Strange against the X-Statix crew) I have to root for the old skool.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Diablo »

It'll be real fun ! :LOL
The Orphan is one of my favourite characters. I bet he'll kick Cap's butt ! :D
And I think we can expect a Thor/Doop fight ! Go Doop ! :evil

Who will write this story ? I guess it's Milligan ?
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by anthomaniac1023 »

Since its happening in the pages of X-Statix, yes, Milligan will be writing
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

It definately said Cap. vs. Anarchist and Ironman Vs. Orphan. Sorry shecat. Also Wanda's been a mojor part of the team lately so I think she'll have a part. She's also the only mutant Avenger at the moment so it would be great to have the Mutant Avenger against the other mutants. Unless they're not just using active members. As for Thore, it depends if they're using Ultimates or the Avengers, and if they're using current Active team members. It said Avengers so I'm going to go ahead and assume that it didn't mean Ultimates. If they're going on current active team, Thor wouldn't be in it. I have no idea how they're going to do it though. It might be all Avengers ever, in which case my ideas about who will be in it are completely different. Anything would go then.

Oh what does Orphan do? If he/she is going up against Cap it better be good. I don't want any one he can destroy in a few minuts. I think I'm going to have to start Reading X-Statix untill this arc comes just so I have back ground on them.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Well, the X-Statix roundup (last time I checked) was:

-Guy "Orphan" Smith (he has supersenses and radar, also knows some martial arts and fighting skills. Used to be the leader. It's of my opinion that he'll be against the Cap.)

-Tike "Anarchist" Alicar (toxic sweat beams, current leader of the team. In my opinion, it'll be him versus Iron Man.)

-Dead Girl (Immortality, the ability to animate any part of her body after it's been separated, communication with dead organisms. In my opinion, the coolest of the X-Statix. My guess as an opponent will be Scarlet Witch.)

-Venus Dee Milo (Teleportation and energy blasts. My guess would also be Scarlet Witch, because I don't know any of the other Avengers.)

-Myles "Vivisector" Alfred (Lycanthropic shapeshifting. Not a clue, but he has a two part arc coming up, so I'll see how that goes before I make any guesses).

-Billy-Bob "Phat" Riley (Can manipulate the fat beneath his skin to change it into different shapes. No opinion. I pretty much ignore him in the comics.)

-Doop (videotapes missions. No idea).

-Spike Freeman (No mutation, just their manager. Not much to say about him, because I doubt he'll fight, just be manipulating it externally).
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

According to the solicits, the battles will be:

Iron Man vs. Mister Sensitive (Orphan)
Captain America vs. Anarchist
Scarlet Witch vs. Dead Girl
Hawkeye vs. Vivisector
Ant Man vs. Venus Dee Milo
Doop vs. Thor (:LOL)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Bamfette »

wanna bet Doop will win somehow? :smirk

c'mon, he's like one of the most powerful characters in X-Assault :p
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

I bought an issue of X-Statix and I was really suprized by it. Every time I've seen it in stores I thaught it looked really really stupid. I really loved it though. They have some really unique ideas. I'm looking forward to this even more now.

I'm not too sure about how well the Orphan will fare against Iron Man. It doesn't quite seem even. His supersensitivity and martial arts Vs. Ironman? It seems a bit lopsided. I haven't formed strong oppinions about the rest. I"m not sure I like Venus Vs. Ant man. I think it would be really awsome between her and the Scarlet Witch. That could be quite an epic battle.

Oh and what's with all the Mutant teleporters having Yellowed out eyes? That would be really wierd if she was related to Kurt in some way. I mean he obviously has family members with red skin too. That probably sounds very stupid to anyone who actually knows anything about X-Statix. I'll buy some back issues and try to catch up.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Actually, that black stuff coming out of Venus' arms? That's her body. The red skin and yellow eyes are part of a containment suit. She's really a collection of ennergy, much like Chamber only without the body. She uses the containment suit to get around because otherwise "she would explode into a million particles of distressed energy". Xavier built it for her.

Her real appearance used to be African American, but now it's just specks of black energy.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

Ohhh!!! I was wondering about what the deal with her arms was. This makes so much more sence now. It still struck me as an errie resemblance though that she had red skin and yellow eyes.

So it sounds like they had Xavier buisy. It said Orphan had a suit and pills to help him with his sensitivity too. One last question though. When do these stories take place in comparason to Uncanny. (I compare all time frames to Uncanny and Avengers, they're easy points of reference for me) It seems a bit futuristic to me, though I've only read 2 issues.

I don't have the money to get wrapped up into another series!!! It's not fair!!! If they didn't pull the Avengers into it, I would have never known I liked these guys!!! Grrrr. The comic industy is going to have all my money in the end.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

I don't know about the time period. Wolverine's around, so it must be after him joining the team. Also, Xavier can walk.

X-Statix is kind of love/hate. Either you get the whole freakish joke behind or you don't. I love them. Milligan rocks.
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

I really liked X-Force 116-129, but when it became X-Statix, it slowly started losing me. From what I hear the last arc has been really good though. Perhaps I'll get the trade.

And yes, the eerily powerful Doop will most definitely be beating Thor. ;)
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Well, since I've provided a roster for the X-Statix, can someone post one for Avengers? I really have no clue who's who in that. Who the flame is Ant Man?

And Doop is a little deus ex machina, besides being a living booger. He'll probably win.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

The Avengers have had about a thousand Members. I'm not even going to try and give you all of them.

The really Core group that most people think of are as follows:
Captain America, enhanced human / supersoldier

Ironman, Rich guy in Armor

Thor, thunder god with Magic hammer that I can't spell

Giantman, Enhanced human / size changer

Wasp, Enhanced human/ size changer, when she shrinks though, she grows wings and can shoot energy blasts

The Hulk, Beast, quicksilver, Warbird (Ms. Marvel) and Namor have all been Avengers also. (to name famouse ones)

Right now the team is:
The Cap.

Hawkeye, comedian, amazing Archer

Wasp

Antman, the origional ant man is giant man, he could shrink too. This ant man is different though, a former theif who can communicate with insects as well as shrink

Scarlet Wich, you all know Wanda

Black Panther, uhhhh his powers aren't really well defined. He's an awsome fighter

Vision, you probably all know him too.

The Falcon, name says it all

She-Hulk, again name says it all

Ironman

Rumor has it the Captain Britian is joining... though I"m not looking forward to it.

I think that's it. They're not all in all the issues and there's just been some member changes so i'm not sure, I might have missed some. I think Thor's in the Ultimates, I'm not sure. I don't read it. They're just not the Avengers I know and love.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Yeah, Thor's inm the Ultimates. I love Thor.

Tanks, but who is Vision? *feels stupid*
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

Oh, see he's in the "Other" Exiles so I thought most would know him. sorry. He's an android that has the ability to control his body's density. He can become untangable or dence as Lead. He was actually built out of part of the origional Human tourch who was destroyed in WWII.

I origionally had somehthing else posted here, but it was the wrong android. Oops. My boyfirend pulled out an old WCA comic and proved me wrong.... I'm very embarassed.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Diablo »

It's true Milligan's X-Force is better than his X-Statix. Not enough dead mutants !
Milligan is becoming sentimental.

Regarding the X-Statix/Avengers fight :
Again : Go Doop !!!!!
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

Originally posted by anthomaniac1023
Since its happening in the pages of X-Statix, yes, Milligan will be writing
I"m hoping that this doesn't give them an unfair advantage. I really think that the X-Statix are pretty rad, but come on. It's the Avengers. The Earth's Mightiest Heroes have to win. Now that I'm saying this, they'll probably crash and burn. But my money is on the classics. If Doop wins against Thor, it will be the saddest day in Avenger's history.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Well, keep in mind that Doop has potentially infinite power, so at least Thor doesn't have to feel bad. :D
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

I"m getting confused about Doop. Who is being seriouse and who is being sarcastic. Is he powerful or not people?!?! I just barelly even noticed him floating around. This probably makes me sound really dumb, but i'm honestly confused.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Well, he tapes missions, but it's been suggested that he's match for even Wolverine (and God knows nobody can beat Wolverine :rolleyes). He does have potentially infinite power, as they say. We're not being sarcastic. He's a little deus ex machina in booger form. Secret weapon, if you will.

Accursed Marvel Encyclopedia doesn't give a description in English...
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by Warbird »

Uh, no offense to anyone, but I think that's kinda lame. It sounds like he's there for an easy out if they need one. I guess I just like more well definded charicters. And why does he tape the missions?
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Statix Vs. Avengers

Post by SheCat »

Well, X-Statix is a TV show with their own lovely fan merchandise. :D And fandom, too. It's reality TV, so people die onscreen too.

Doop always seemed a bit cheesy to me too, but that might be because he looks like chewed-up gum to me.

I'm just excited for Dead Girl and Scarlet Witch!