NC´s line changed on DVD

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Sorte Springer »

In Denmark X-2 has already come out on DVD, without much bonus marterial though.(2-disc version will come out In November here too)

In Nightcrawlers line to Storm about the markings on his body, I remeber him talking about the "Enochian" language in the theater version of the film but on the DVD he just calls them "angelic symbols".
Can anyone think of a reason for this change?
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Bamf Bunny »

I don't think it is a change. I remember the line as "angelic symbols given to mankind by the Archangel Gabriel." I could be wrong about the "given", it could have been "passed down", but it's always been "angelic symbols."
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Sorte Springer »

OK, now that you mention it I think he also says "angelic symbols" in the theatre version. But I am almost positve that he also calls the signs "enochian" in that version, (because I went and looked "enochian" up when I came home from the movie) and I am sure he dosn´t om the DVD
- Niels Hausgaard
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Beboots »

*shrugs* I myself don't remember the exact line... but it's pretty obvious that they are the enochian symbols, once you read up on their history... although once I compare the two, the movie wasn't entirely exact with the tatoos, but....

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/enochian.htm
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Maelstrom »

I believe that the word Enochian was used exclusively out of the movie itself. In the X2 site, and in other interviews, they referred to his marks as Enochian. He personally never did, tho. He just used "angelic symbols". I'm fairly sure MovieCrawler knows the "correct" word for them, but doesn't use the word Enochian because so few people know what it means. "Angelic symbols", however, is simple and obvious.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Sorte Springer »

I the word "Enochian" itself was not actually in the film, then why did I look it up after I saw the film?
Of cause there is always the possiblilty that I have been kidnapped by the weapon(x) program and thus I have had false memories implanted.
- Niels Hausgaard
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Bamf_Girl »

*Gasp* You too! They're everywhere >.> .> *Coughs* Yeah... darn and here I was thought I could be useful, I remember his faith all too well... for I have it memorized, thats not sad after seeing it only twice, is it?
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Bamferine
Lubber
Lubber

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Bamferine »

Nightcrawler's line is "They are Angelic Symbols, passed on to Mankind by the Archangel Gabriel"
(or: "They 're andzelik symbolz, passt on to mankint by thee Archendzel Gebgriel" -
Perhaps you saw a version with subtitles and the term "Enochian" was part of the translation. I don't know.
Anyway, "Angelic Symbols" is a more "universal" term considering that the film was to be released in different countries (With different cultures)
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Sorte Springer »

Bamferine you could be right! The subtitles to the theatrical version of the film could have used the word "Enokiansk" about his markings, taken from the X-2 home page, although it is not NC´s exact words.
The DVD subtitles differet from the theater one in other ways too. In the theater version NC´s name was "Nightcrawler", on the DVD his Danish name "Sorte Springer" apppeared in the subtitles. (there are more examples that I won´t list here.
I guess it solves the mystery. Differens in movie and DVD subtitles!
- Niels Hausgaard
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Love your user name Sorte, never knew it was the Danish translation for Nightcrawler.

I have a pretty good memory and I saw the movie three times. I am fairly certain that the term Enochian was not used. Maybe somebody that saw it a dozen times or has a pirated copy can clarify the point.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Maybe somebody that saw it a dozen times or has a pirated copy can clarity the point.
I saw it fifteen times in the theater. He doesn't say "Enochian". I'd guess Singer & Co. figured that everyone can figure out "angelic symbols" but hardly anyone knows the word "Enochian".
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

NC´s line changed on DVD

Post by Northstars Love »

I agree with BB. He stated them as "angelic symbols". And I have a pirated copy. Saw it more than ten times.:D

Another month and the real thing comes out!:party