Ascension Parts 1 & 2 Preview

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

The episodes, "Ascension -- Part 1" and Ascension -- Part 2" will air on Saturday, Oct. 18 and Saturday, Oct. 25, respectively.

Here's how the network describes the episodes:

"The first of all mutant-kind, Apocalypse enters the final stages of his life-long mission - to wipe out all of humankind. Gaining full mind-control over the four most powerful mutants on Earth, he unveils his horsemen that he has selected to help him complete his destiny. As the line between good and evil is blurred, relationships will be tested and strained to the breaking point as friends, mothers and daughters, fathers and sons are pitted against each other - and every character from the past, good and bad, returns for this culminating face-off...that will decide the fate of all humans and mutants on the planet."

There is no word yet if there will be a fifth season of the series.

My best guess for the 4 Horseman:

1) Magneto (Bit of a no brainer there)
2) Legion (Lucus/David)
3) Mystique (If anything just because she can turn into just about anything and that could very well classify her as one of the most powerful mutants, plus the whole "Poccy rewards those who are loyal to him" thing. Of course I notice no one is mentioning Mesmero might be one of the Horsemen and he's been working for Poccy all along)
4) Jean (Stuff like this always seems to happen to Jean and I wouldn't doubt if she went all Pheniox on them to sacrifice herself in the last ep)

I would highly doubt if Rogue was one of the Horsemen if only for the meer fact that there's been so much going on with her lately already that the writers will mostly gear some things toward other characters. Mother against daughter though? I'd say that has only one meaning A) Mystique is going to be back and B) Rogue will fight her and might actually kill her for real this time! Eeep! What an end that would be! Well what's everyone think? Sounds pretty dang exciting to me! :D
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

Yeah that sounds so cool!! I was having goosebumps while I was reading it. :D

I think the 4 horsemen will be (they said "the 4 most powerful mutants on Earth" so:

Professor X
Magneto
Legion
Rogue

:?
Not sure though. Angel should be in it, just to follow the canon continuity but...:?
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

I think that the 4 horseman will be

Mystique
Magnito
Legion
X23 or Angel or Juggernaut
Angel was on in the comics and we haven't seen him for quite a while.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I'd say Magneto, Legion, Angel (sake of comics) and ... Logan. He's often described as the most dangerous man on Earth, and wouldn't it be a nice twist? He was Death III I think, also, so it'd work.

I'd say no about Rogue (Cajun Spice worked enough on her and the writers'll want to ease off a little on her.) and Juggy (it was mentioned that he wasn't really a mutant).
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

The Four Horsemen should be Archangel, Famine, Pestilence, and War! But since they haven't exactly introduced all of those, I'd want to see Archangel, Mystique, Rogue and Kurt :LOL
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

In the comics, the horsemen were originally Plague (Pestilence) Archangel (Death) Lincoln Kieros (War) and Autumn Rolfson (Famine). The new incarnation included Wolverine as Death, Deathbird as War, Caliban as Pestilence and Ahab as Famine.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Juggernaut and Scarlet Witch are possibilities for the Horseman spaces, too.... They're extremely powerful.
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

I'd see Magneto and Legion, but I doubt Mystique could be a horsemen... "The 4 most powerful mutants"... Juggernault isn't a mutant, so... Maybe Scarlet Witch...

I believe Apocalypse may take 1 mutant from the Brotherhood, 1 from the Acolytes and either 2 X-Men, either 1 X-Men and a "freelance" mutant (Legion)

That would make (for the MySql fans :LOL):
Magneto AND (Mystique OR Scarlet Witch) AND (Rogue OR Jean OR Xavier) AND Legion :D
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Yann Solo
I'd see Magneto and Legion, but I doubt Mystique could be a horsemen... "The 4 most powerful mutants"... Juggernault isn't a mutant, so... Maybe Scarlet Witch...

I believe Apocalypse may take 1 mutant from the Brotherhood, 1 from the Acolytes and either 2 X-Men, either 1 X-Men and a "freelance" mutant (Legion)

That would make (for the MySql fans :LOL):
Magneto AND (Mystique OR Scarlet Witch) AND (Rogue OR Jean OR Xavier) AND Legion :D
In Evolution, Juggernaut is referred to as an "Enhanced Mutant"- He would be a latent mutant all his life, if he didn't use mysticism to awaken his powers.

Anyone see the Trailer at the end of today's episode? Am I the only one who's ticked that they changed Apocalypse's design to match the comic one? I personally liked the Egyptian look......
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

I'm with you Zero, liked the Egyptian Poccy look a lot better, now he just looks kinda...goofy. Well it appears that Mags is back for sure now, and taking out Colossus in the process. I didn't mean for that to rhyme, really. :rolleyes I didn't see Cain in the preview but that doesn't really mean anything cause I don't think I saw Rogue either and I'm SURE she's going to be in it. Who's out of the running as Horseman now though? Looks like all the New Mutant crew, didn't really expect them anyway, Xavier looked like he was getting blown up or something so that's kinda a fence sitter on that one, same with Storm who was also being attacked. Legion? I couldn't tell if he was in the preview or not, it was kinda blury. None of the old crew though, Kurt, Scott, Logan, didn't see Evan or Rogue at all I don't think, Jean was with with the Colossus group so maybe not her either, Angel was hanging out with a group of random people that included Wanda so prob not him... We're running out of people here! My best guesses are still:
1) Mags
2) Legion
3) Mystique
4) and I'm going to change this one to Storm, I just got a feeling about her now.....
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

It's very exciting for me. I wanna see "Ascension" really bad because of the fact that they will show ALL MUTANTS and other characters (Nick Fury) NEW AND OLD since Evo Day 1!!! Means all the New Mutants, with Boom Boom, the Brotherhood, the Acolytes and all!!!

Though this makes me real sad 'coz showing ALL the characters has to have a reason and I fear that it is because this will be the final season. :(:mad:(