X-Treme X-Men General Discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

All the gossip and discussion that you want concerning Chris Claremonts' X-Treme X-Men!

Only 12 more days til' Rogue and Remy return :D

Recently, CC said on ComiX-Fan that we would at last find out what Rogues real name is! And so far it looks like the next few arcs of X-Treme go something like this:
Intifada
Arena (Storm on her own!)
a so far unnamed arc dealing with Vargas and/or Bogan
And something that sounds really cool to me called 16 million! (I wonder if a certain Xorn/Magneto will be in this one?)
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Wait...I thought the Intifada was the 16 Million storyline. Must have them confused. What's Intifada about (other than Rogue and Remy's (*yawn*) return)?
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

ryan..do you always have to yawn about remy? couldnt you just say something nice about him once...for me? :puppy
Originally posted by MabusRex
Wait...I thought the Intifada was the 16 Million storyline. Must have them confused. What's Intifada about (other than Rogue and Remy's (*yawn*) return)?
Call me King!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I agree wholeheartedly with TATU. We are awaiting this so please don't yawn.
I have heard no rumors, but I read somewhere that TATU's avatar is part of their return. Notice how his eyes are not only red, they're glowing! Does that mean his power might be back?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by TATU2005
ryan..do you always have to yawn about remy? couldnt you just say something nice about him once...for me? :puppy
Well, in this case, it was a collective yawn about Rogue AND Remy appearing, not just him.

Say something positive? I liked the way he skipped across the pond when Juggy flicked him in UXM 334. How bout that? :D
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

no..thats just beacue the shrinking i had to do..it took away all the black in his eyes, his eyes are still black and red trust me...and they've been known to glow..but of course hes gonna get his power back..otherwise..why bring them back?
Originally posted by SheCat
Notice how his eyes are not only red, they're glowing! Does that mean his power might be back?

yeah im not huge on rogue and remy...but i can deal with it...

well..Ryan, thats a start! if you werent so damn easy to like ..i will convert you....eventually :)
Well, in this case, it was a collective yawn about Rogue AND Remy appearing, not just him.

Say something positive? I liked the way he skipped across the pond when Juggy flicked him in UXM 334. How bout that?
Call me King!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

X-Treme #31 preview on ComiX-Fan

Here ya go! Chris has mentioned that Amara will be in it and that there is a person named "Marie" in Intifada
and that Rogue will be keeping the tattoo that Paint gave he in X-pose.
...and that a human member will be joining the team :) I am kinda wondering if Rogue has lost her absorbtion ability, the new costume by Kordey shows an aweful lot of bare skin :smirk

I love this piccy of LeBeau, what a smirk!
Panz

Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

thats excatly why i made it into my avatar......originally it was a close up on his face...but....well...the rest wasnt too bad either :naughty

although i kinda like the idea of Ro being a little powerless...she was always a little too powerful, IMO
Originally posted by Panz
I love this piccy of LeBeau, what a smirk!
Call me King!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

New costumes for X-Treme

lookit! Rogue is sweet looking and Stormy got a haircut! cool no?
:D
Panz

LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Ryan, from what I can gather, Intifada is about a human/mutant conflict in the L.A. area, this one town (Volle Soleada? Not sure) is becoming more and more a mutant centric place, pushing humans out of the city, who aren't too keen on this, so violence is erupting, particularly around the L.A. X-Corp.

At least I believe that's what the basic plot is...not certain.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

That seems to be the basic plot, but I'm sure the dookie is deeper than all that :P
Panz

Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Just wanna say when Schism was finished, so was I. And I feel much better from dropping this series. :D
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

If we all liked the same thing, what would we argue about? :P
Panz

spidergirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spidergirl »

When is the next issue due out? The same one (Wolvie and Deathstryke on front cover) has been out for about the past two or three months! What's up?
:bunny:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunny :bunny

Nie Mond ein Werwolf.

Weiser Mann nie Spiel Bockspringen mit Einhorn.

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#34)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

X-Treme X-Men #31 comes out today. It features the first part of the Intifada storyline.

The issue you are referring to (#28) did indeed come out three months ago, but there have since been two other issues released. You just didn't get them, apparently. Contact your retailer or subscription service, because they HAVE been out for a while now.
Miles Teg
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Miles Teg »

I'm loving X-treme X-men, the political direction is fantastic, I love the similairities with our own world, and how the story resembles the current situation in the Middle East.

It has a clear direction and really deepens the mutant situation in the Marvel Universe.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Issue #33 sounds fantastic! I hope to get out on time tonight and be able to pick it up :lick

The plots are tight and the characterization is so on target. CC is really shining on this title and his love for the characters is very evident. Kordey has really gotten into his swing too, and I'm really starting to love his art.

What has always amazed me is how quickly Chris can pull you into a story and make you care about the people in it. I know that some people really can't stand his writing and "Claremontisms", but to me, he's the best and I hope to write even half as good as he does one day :eek

This arc ( Intifada) is the very reason that I fell in love with the X-Men in the first place i.e. the struggle against prejudice that mirrors our own real world struggle so well.
Panz

Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

You know what I love about Claremont's writing? You can pick up any random issue and know exactly what is going on no matter if you know the 40 year history of a character or not. Thus being said I also am enjoying the Intifada arc a great deal. It really has that classic Claremont feel to it in dealing with social and political issues in today’s society but still managing to have so fun with his characters, truly Chris in his element. All that being said let's talk about the Intifada arc shall we? ;)

[spoiler] I really like how Anna, it still feels odd calling her that lol, is still having problems dealing with her past besides her apparently 'happy' life. Not to mention the fact that Mystique cameos are always a plus.:thumbsup I get the feeling that Anna’s going to get "quite" upset with certain members of X-Corporation messing with the peace in her town.

The sad thing is I really don't have much to say in regards to the issue since I just really enjoyed it on the whole, good story with good characterization can really make a near perfect book so if you haven’t picked it up yet I would most certainly look into it. Plus all the little in jokes, such as Marie's name and the posters in Rog...Anna's house, are just too funny. Who else would have a poster of Fly Away Home on their wall, I ask ya? (snicker) [/spoiler]
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

One of the things that I'm loving about Intifada is how CC didn't take the cheap way out and make Marie a random terrorist. CC apparently lives only a few miles from the site of the WTC, and yet here is a guy who has every reason to take a pretty harsh view of terrorism and he is actually taking a very calm and resonable approach.

[spoiler] Marie is being treated as a very realistic character, she is bitter and has lost everything, ready to commit suicide to get revenge on her families killers and get peace from her torment. Suicide is a pretty desperate act, the girl needs both counciling and a friend...I'm loving Rogue a lot, after the narsty 90's and all the bad writing, I didn't think that was possible...so what it looks like to me is that Revenant is working for Bogan and either Berto is in on it with Bogan, or he is a pawn...dirty business either way.

The one thing that I didn't get was how did Rogue get out of the whirlwind and what is she planning to do against all those mutie punks with out any powers??? loved this issue tho' and the flow of the story was such classic Claremont goodness. [/spoiler]
Panz

nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i just got issue #31 and issue #33. they didn't have #32 at the noment so next time i'll have to get 32. so far i like them.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Archangel »

On the cover of 32 rouges eyes are green on 32 her eyes are blue.

[spoiler]O my in 33 the lawyer is working for x-corp *gasp* And cannonball and rouges fight is awsome!!! talk about the old days! The kids are a little strange the way they remind me of evloution like the spike type kid ya Claremont is doing a pritty good job with it![/spoiler]
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~
crawler4xtreme
Lubber
Lubber

Post by crawler4xtreme »

Issue 34 was awesome. Plus the rumored cover for issue 35 is Sam/Berto/Amara. The Claremont glory days are back!
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

For those who havent been following XXM and are wondering, rogues full name is given as...

[spoiler]Anna Raven[/spoiler]
Call me King!