Logan's powers

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Logan's powers

Post by Siona »

Mutant powers almost always emerge during one's teenage years correct?

Well, then why is Logan an adult?

Ponder this: if Logan's powers came about when he was a teenager like most mutants, his healing factor would keep in a constant state at which his powers had accumulated (ooh, we're gettin' into the BIG sciency words now!! :LOL), and yet he's clearly NOT.

Comments?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Logan's powers

Post by Garble »

He might be aging, just slowly.

Also, it wouldn't necessarily stop him from growing... Remember that you're not fully developed physically until around 18 or so...
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Logan's powers

Post by Beboots »

Hmm... You're right! :eek I never thought about that before... Perhaps it only keeps him in prime condition; so when his powers first immerged, when he was younger, he wasn't at his full potential?

...That didn't make much sense, but it sounds sorta plausible to me... :rolleyes

...Did you read that comic on Wolverine's origin? I did, last week... Some of the pictures were kindof disturbing, like the ones of his bone claws. :eek
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Logan's powers

Post by Siona »

Not really; as said before, I only get New X-Men unless I can bribe my mother into ordering some off the 'net, and I don't care much for Wolvie.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Logan's powers

Post by Beboots »

I don't actually own it, my sister got it out from the library, she said it was good, so I read it.

...She was right. It was good, in a disturbing, bloody/wild kinda way... :P
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Logan's powers

Post by Dracadancer »

"Origin" really is pretty good regardless if you like Wolverine or not. The first few issues are really good, though I thought the ending was a little weak. I own it if nothing more than for the art. Andy Kubert (same guy that's doing 1602 now) illustrated it and did an absolutly bang up job with it. The story is good as a stand alone story too, especially if you're not a huge Logan fan since he's kinda OOC though most of it anyway. I think it's more than worth the 10 bucks I paid for it.

Enough of that rant though. As for his healing factor, the way I always figured it I saw his anti-aging thing as something seperate from his healing factor cause if it was then maybe he aged till his was in his early to mid 30s then his secondary mutantion might have kicked in and he stopped ageing then. Though if you go off "Origin" Logan might have been a second gen. mutant and I don't think second gen. mutants are suppose to have secondary mutantions. That's just a guess though.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Logan's powers

Post by TheSpike »

Actually, I see the second gen. mutants as having their first mutation since bith and the secondary mutation at bpuberty...

Wolvie: First Mutation: Claws (maybe he was born with them and they just popped out for the first time when he was a teen) Sec. Mutation: Healing Factor & Hyper-senses (I remember they developed after the claws)

Nighty: First Mut.: Weird phisiology: Tail, blue fur, missing fingers, pointy ears, etc. Sec. Mut.: Bamfing

Maybe nightie has the connection to the bamf dimension since birth, but only learned how to bamf at puberty...

OK that was :offtopic
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Logan's powers

Post by Siona »

Wolvie's claws weren't with him from birth; they were implanted.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Logan's powers

Post by kurtlover »

Nope they weren't implanted....he lost his adamantium skeleton in Fatal Attractions (Magneto take it off from his body) and he had his bone claws for long time ago before they got the adamantium back (that was in Ages of Apocalipse, Alan Davis) and they were pure bone, also in origin they show when he pops his claws for the first time.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Logan's powers

Post by sevati »

Siona, they weren't implanted. The adamantium was grafted to all his bones, including the bone claws. When Magneto took the adamantium out and gave it to Sabertooth (?), he still had the bone claws.

I don't mind them, they look rather cool to me. I have an X-Men Star Trek (The Original Series) crossover comic, it has Wolvie with bone claws. I think it's from 1996.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Logan's powers

Post by Siona »

Bone claws, eh? I've never heard of this. Thanks for informing me, I've been living in the past! :LOL

~Siona

-- SheCat.