Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Maelstrom »

Hmmm... You're probably right about that. I can't get to the books right now, but I'll have to look once I get home.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by MabusRex
Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Jill I have 20/15 vision and this is what I have come up with:

[spoiler] Ydrasil--maybe he's saying, "Azazel! Look! A Cheyaraflem!"? But why do I keep thinking Cherubim? Maybe because he is seeing Archangel perhaps? [/spoiler]

What do you think?
I see it reading as [spoiler]Cheyarafim. A mixture of Seraphim and Cherub, perhaps? But I'm almost positive he is referring to Warren.[/spoiler]
I think you might be right Ryan. I think it could be a mixure of the two.

And that thing on Azzy is a cape? Dammit *re-edits sprite...again...*

I believe so Ryan **pats him on the back** I know you work hard on those Sprites. Yes, a cape. And it looks like its made from some animal fur. I see it around the collar extending all the way to the back.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Siona »

Gosh, wouldn't he be hot out here, with fur and all?

:azazel : Never...knew...Earth was...so...damned...HOT!! :die

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Machina
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Machina »

Bamfette I have a question for
Chuck if possible?..Is their way
in the future to change the shade
of Blue for Jillian so she would not
look just like Kurt?..Would he even
have a say so in that?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamfette »

you honestly think i haven't asked myself? i begged, pleaded, but there is nothing that can be done. it's too late. she was red in the script, but the colourist goofed, and he never got to see the coloured art before it was published.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Maelstrom »

*mutter grumble* Maybe in the future she can have an accident with a berzerk vat of dye....:naughty
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Machina
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Machina »

sorry...I was just wondering about the shade of blue that is all.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamfette »

sorry... but no, he really does not have any say in the specific shade.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Bamfette
you honestly think i haven't asked myself? i begged, pleaded, but there is nothing that can be done. it's too late. she was red in the script, but the colourist goofed, and he never got to see the coloured art before it was published.
I seem to recall the same being done to Abyss so he was all green or something...BAH. :X

Maybe they're going to add something to the plotline later so that it's changed?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Maelstrom »

Is it just me, or do colorists seem to be getting more and more sloppy these days? I'm sure we're all familiar with the occasional goof (coloring Colossus' head "skin tone" when it should be metal, a black boot when it should be red, and so on), but from what I've been seeing and hearing lately, its looking like the colorists are actually getting worse and worse. Are they being put under so much pressure to finish fast that they make lousy choices? Is this a case of sloppiness, mass confusion and miscommunication, or unreasonable deadlines that they have no hope of making without cutting corners?
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Siona »

I have a feeling it is due to the fact that they need to be getting done faster and faster because artists are taking more time to make the comic of the great quality they are.

Or, possibly, they do it so we talk about it/pull out our hair over it, then come onto sites like ours and laugh at us.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamfette »

Siona's got it, in this case. the art was late the past few issues, so they ahd to be coloured very quickly and there was not any time for Chuck too even see the coloured art before it was rushed off to the pritners, or the editors to ask for any changes.
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by kiki »

That really sucks, the whole rushed thing, but i can see how little mistakes like that can easily be made. At the same time, i choose to beleive Siona's theory. :D
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Maelstrom »

:( I can seriously get behind that. For a very long time at work, I was spending all my time "putting out fires", almost all of which were created because someone let the %#@&ing thing sit on their desk forever. :yell And, of course, everything needs to be done NOW! (Let's hear it for artificial urgency, folks....) So, guess what? There were some mistakes made, because no one, including myself, had the time to pick it all over.

Here's hoping they give these guys more time in the future.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Bamfette
Siona's got it, in this case.
No...no, it cannot be! That would break my never-ever-ever-RIGHT streak!!! :die

~Siona

-- SheCat.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by MabusRex »

Since I'm fair at making everyone's voice heard, here's the first advance "review" of the issue.

http://www.fanboyreview.com/reviews/uncannyx-men431.htm

Don't you just love "reviews" that don't even comment on the issue in particular, but just bitch about what they don't like about the writer in general? Meh...
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I didn't feel that the review was just bashing Austen. He actually seemed a lot nicer than a lot of thers I've seen. He simply stated what he didn't like about this book, but unlike many others who simply run on and on about how they hate Austen, he also recomended a book that Austen writes that he feels is better. It was a short review and didn't go into much detail, but at least it wasn't just him bashing Chuck.
On another note, I can't stand the artwork in these issues. All the women look like men and the shading is so intense that you can't even make out the faces half the time. I'm so dissapointed I can hardly stand it.

EDIT: Forget I even said anything, obviously What I think doesn't count. :(
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by blueberrymuffin
I didn't feel that the review was just bashing Austen
I never said he was. All I was commenting on was the format of the "review" that said abso-friggin-lutely nada about the content inside or what might be an interesting scene or one that failed horribly. All he did was, as I said, complain about what he vaguely doesn't like about Austen's work (at least on Uncanny) with nothing constructive or of any value whatsoever added.

That's NOT a review. That's a dismissive rant.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Panz »

I agree Ryan, it was just a lot of pi$$ing and ranting, not a review. Chuck is doing pretty good with the storytelling, tho' I would like to see more of NC. Tan's art is rough and the inker is really heavy handed., a combo that doesn't suit one another at all, imho. I have trouble figuring out what is going on sometimes because of it...I miss Garney :cry
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by MabusRex »

Next up, Andrea over at Comixtreme:
http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showth ... eadid=5451

More of a review, definitely, still didn't have too much meat to it though. And hey, at least she's acknowledging there are those out there who will like it. Step up, IMO :D
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Garble »

I don't get the point of getting a copy of a book before it's released so you can review it, if you're going to write a review it such a way that it only makes sense to people who've read the issue...

Andrea's review is a bit more informative, but sill doesn't tell you much about the issue.
It's got more Nightcrawler than last issue, and Juggernaught and Northstar talk to eachother...

Doesn't the term review sort of imply at least a little summary and break down of what to expect?
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Siona »

Good grief...are these people getting paid to bitch this much?! :mad

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Dracadancer »

Nah, they do it for free. I just don't get the point of writing a review if you don't regularly like the book or the characters you're reviewing. Why bother to review it in the first place? Of course you would give it a low review if you don't, as Andrea puts it, have some kind of "emotional investment" in any of the characters . :huh And people are awful hard on Tan lately. For the level of detail he puts in on just one issue I for one think he's doing a great job on Uncanny. Even if the action scenes are a little confuseing at least he makes you go back and really take a close look at a page or panel again; if you're going to buy an issue you want to pick it up and look at it more than once right? And at least his women aren't overly busty and are actually mostly in proportion for once, a far cry from many comic artists these days.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamfette »

Tan's art is rough and the inker is really heavy handed., a combo that doesn't suit one another at all, imho.

Tan inks himself...

and i agree about the review. a review shoud atleast mention something that goes on inside theissue. atleast that way even if the reviewer may not hav eliked something, you can get an idea if you would agree or disagree with that assessment. this jsut said 'i don't like it' what-EVER....

and i asked Andrea why she reviewed it if she hated it so much, and she reviews ALL the X-Books. Uncanny is jsut thrown in. but she is clearly not EVER going to like t, so all her reviews will be heavily biased to that extent.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 431 (SPOILERS)

Post by sevati »

I liked 430 and 431 (I just picked them up today, along with some seaweed, tofurky slices, and margarine. My oh-so-exciting life). The banter between Jean-Paul and Hugglynuts amused me to no end. I know straight and gay guys who end up having conversations like that.

I didn't like the direction that Austen is moving [spoiler]Sammy into. Sammy is becoming as abusive as his father, to become more like his 'role model', Juggy.[/spoiler] It's one thing to [spoiler]defend yourself from bullies, it's something entirely different not to stop when you've won. That said, I loved the Polaris part (and the pure-green costume), the explanation of what went on in Genosha. I especially liked her first memory, when she was trying to bait Annie. Speaking of Annie, I'm wondering why she's huddled under a table at the end.[/spoiler]
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)