No Good Deed, aired 9/6/2003 **SPOLIERS**

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

For those who have seen the episode, here's your spot to talk. Even though I put the "spoilers" warning up, I'll start off the rant with spoiler tags, just in case.

[spoiler] Man, after the great drama and screenwriting of Impact, I was left sorely disappointed with this one. Predictable as hell, all but ignored the previous episode (the only reference was with Pietro talking about Mags' "death" ), and a bit painful to watch. A little continuity, please? Kurt was torn apart in the previous episode, and now he's 100% fine, like nothing had happened? And nobody's even mentioned Rogue's actions, or her absence from the entire episode.

I also just hate the "push your luck too far" premise, no matter how it's presented. Like I said: it's predictable. It was pathetically obvious that the Brotherhood was going to push things too far, make the Xmen look bad, and cause a lot of property damage in the meantime. No WONDER Kelly hates mutants so much! If I had to deal with the Brotherhood day after day, and the millions of dollars in damage and panic they caused, I'd start getting irrational, too! There's enough evidence to send them away for one hell of a long time, and since nobody's done anything about it, it makes the government look inept! Can anyone tell me why S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn't been called in to haul them off to Area 51 en masse?

(Also, apparently Bayville's zoo was created by people who had never penned in animals in their lives. Something about the lack of unleapable moat areas around the tiger pen made me shake my head in bewilderment. And what did happen to all those rampaging animals, anyway? They cut to commercial, then our guys are in jail, and we have no idea how it was all resolved. That was kind of annoying.)

So far as I can tell, the only reason this poorly-written piece exists is to show Kelly's political ambitions, and even this has its flaws. Has anyone told the scriptwriters that a city mayor has absolutely no temporal power to enact a law as sweeping as the Mutant Registration Act? This isn't a case of someone like Governor Wallace enforcing already existing segregation laws; Kelly claims that he'll create a new law that flies in the face of literally every legal precedent set for the past 40 years.

I know, I know; it's a kid's show. But when they show a mature, thoughtful plotline, which takes into account that no one lives in a vacuum, and suddenly flip to something that ignores all common sense, it really bugs me. Ranks right up there with Bobby creating an Iceberg in Cruise Control, and getting away with it Scott free. (Well, Scott did slap him around a little, but he still got off light....) [/spoilers]
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

[spoiler]Agreed, Maelstrom. Amusing, yes, but it wasn't the episode I'd been looking for.

I only saw three good parts of this, that being:

1. Wanda being upset over Mags' "death". Who knew? :ooh

2. Lotsa Toad being...Toad. :D

3. Hey, lookie, Avalance ain't half the asshole I thought him to be. Again, who knew?

Still, I'm taping over this one.[/spoiler]

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Lance not being a total asshole was one of the things that annoyed me. Will the writer's please make up their minds about whether he is or isn't just a piece of crap, loser hood? How can you ever tell if he's OOC or not since I'm never sure what in character is supposed to be. I mean, first ep he's in he tries to kill Kitty and her family, I'm sure he (and the rest of the BH) knew when Mystique took over for the Prof and imprisoned him, even if they didn't know where. There are way too many other instances of him just being a total sleaze and I'm too sick to try and remember him, but god I'm getting sick of them going back and forth w/him. It doesn't make him look complex or conflicted, it's just bloody annoying.

Other than that, yeah, I agree w/Maelstrom. Talk about a let down after a well-written, compelling and mature episode. They really dropped the ball. Then again, my kids loved it and they are the target audience after all. (They liked last week's better though)

TKD
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Could have been better. I would agree that after last week's rather 'heavy' episode a slightly lighter theme may have been in order, but I still feel a little jipped about this week's show.
[spoiler] Though it was nice to see the Brotherhood again, they really hadn't been around much lately, and many parts of the episode were amuseing it was just such a mood swing after last week's episode that this one felt out of place. This was the kind of episode that would have fit in anywhere else in the series EXCEPT for in the middle of a major arch about the end of the world. I mean have we just forgotten about Apocalypse completely? Shouldn't the X-men at least send someone down to Mexico to just keep an eye on his giant glowing dome thing? Heck, maybe that's where Rogue is. It might be funny if they used her as the first line of defence. "Kurt recommended sending you to Mexico Rogue. If Apocalypse does anything give us a call, kay?"

Back to the Brotherhood though, I was rather surprised to see Pietro's reaction to Magneto's death, I thought he liked him more than that. Wanda acted about as I expected since she'd been brain washed, though the way she was getting mad when Pietro tried to talk to her about it made me wonder if Mastermind's influence might not be wearing off some. I wonder what would happen if it did wear off. Would she go over to the X-men's side or go live with Agatha Harkness maybe, who knows? It was nice to see Lance play a semi major roll again, always did like his character (he never really seemed like an asshole to me, just someone who doesn't really know his place in the world, like most teenagers). He still seems a little bitter over the break up with Kitty though, ie: meaningfull look when he came out of the subway. Toad def had all the best lines in the show, "Not the big screen!". The whole Brotherhood in general though seemed a little childish after all the events of last week.

Making us wait ANOTHER week for reactions on Impact just seems unforgivable. I know there's an upcoming episode intitled "Sins of the Son", that could be about Kurt right, anyone, anyone? Next weeks ep better be dang good to make up for having us wait though. Let's just give a small break down of what all we learned from the episode:

A) Pietro doesn't seem all that broken up about his father's death
B) Wanda is still being mind controlled and doesn't want to know the truth about Magneto or either knows the truth and feels guilty about Magneto's death maybe
C) Rogue is apparently gone or at least not interacting with the others for the time being
D) Kurt seems in pretty good shape after watching his mother killed right in front of his eyes
E) Apocalypse doesn't seem to be in any kind of hurry to take over the world
F) Kelly is still a bastard
G) And finally Jean can't stop a train but she can stop a huge explosion, what's up with that?
[/spoiler]
Overall I'd say this was a pretty average episode. It was funny and the action was good but that was about it. Nothing major really happened and def nothing was resolved. Here's hopin' more from next week's episode though. (crosses fingers)
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I thought it was weird! [spoiler]They showed the last episode with Apocalypse and then the X-men just gave up pretty much on that and went to something less exciting. Not exactly what I wanted to see. WHAT HAPPENED TO MYSTIQUE AND KURT??? That whole scene made me mad along with a few others at Rogue which was probably why they kept her on the low this episode. Wouldn't Kurt not want to go out on any missions after his mother died??? That whole part they just left out made me :surprise WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!!! I WANT TO SEE KURT TRY TO PASTE HIS MOMMY BACK TOGETHER!!! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF MYSTIQUE... :mad[/spoiler]
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Not to be rude or anything...BUT WHOEVER WROTE THIS EPISODE SHOULD BE SHOT!

Okay, I'm done. :D

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

Ranks right up there with Bobby creating an Iceberg in Cruise Control, and getting away with it Scott free.
cute pun :D
I WANT TO SEE KURT TRY TO PASTE HIS MOMMY BACK TOGETHER!!!
lol ! you guys sure are funny :LOL

yeah i was pretty surprised to see everyone acting all hunky dory again... but I did think the train wreck scene was cool, & the Senator Kelly stuff was a nice nod to the movies...

oh & dont set your hopes up for next week, it will be another X23 ep(with Wolverine & Omega red). Sorry. :(
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

I agree! But theres some thing that makes me think they'll dwelve deeper into the Kurt/Rogue/Mystique thing, and thats some of the titles of the last eps of season 4. Here they are if you have'nt seen them.

I gots theses here,

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

Target X: Wolvie ep, we already know that. :X

Sins of the Son: which son? Pietro or Kurt? GOD I HOPE ITS KURT! The title sounds very religious SO IT BETTER BE KURT!

Uprising: AH Mystique and Magneto are back from the grave! MUAHAHAH! :eeevil

Cajun Spice (ooh! sounds like there gonna have a Gambit ep, all fellow Gambit fans REJOICE!)

Ghost of a Chance: Rogue gets haunted by Mystiques vengefull spirit :evil

Ascension: part 1 and 2: don't have a comment.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Ooh, thanks for the spoilers, Kaz! *eagerly awaits Sins of the Son*

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Gosh dang IT! :yell I have nothing but respect for the Yost guy but I really don't want to see freakin' X23 again. I mean come on, she's such a minor character that no one cares about they couldn't even give her a name. We've got enough angsty teens on the show as it is. Where's the love man!? We need our "Impact" resolutions!

Target X: (sigh) And we were doing so well without eps about Logan..ah well.

Sins of the Son: If this isn't about Kurt I'm going to go buy a bottle of vodka and drown myself in it.

Uprising: Maybe another Kelly thing?

Cajun Spice: Gambit and Rogue gettin' it on!....Okay so maybe it's just about Gambit cooking.

Ghost of a Chance: Kitty might be having issues with her phaseing power? I've been waiting for that to happen.

Ascension: part 1 and 2: A full out no holds bars drag down drop out fight with Apocalypse with EVERYONE in the entire show! Whoohoo!!
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

Oooohhh! PLEASE LET THERE BE A GAMBIT EPISODE!!!! Does WB even KNOW how much we love him? Cause they should!

Anyway...this episode really was preditable, I agree....not much to say.

Don't you find it odd, though, that Wanda could miss her father and not even know what happened during most of her life? And Pietro looked up to Mags SO MUCH, but he didn't seem dissapointed about his death....
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Dracadancer
Target X: (sigh) And we were doing so well without eps about Logan..ah well.
We can't have everything we want, now can we? :bawl

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Sins of the Son? That sounds a lot like the title of the first part of the Draco in Uncanny #429, 'Sins of the Father'.... Hmmmmm... coincidence??? or consperacy???
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Yeah I noticed that too. I want "Sins of the Son" to be about Kurt SO baddly, but something tells me its going to be Pietro! :mad :hrumph cause He's done more bad things then Kurt. OOH OOH! what Evo-Kurt turns out accually having killed his foster brother Stefan, like he did in the comics! I would LOVE TO SEE THAT! But its probably just wishfull thinking isn't it? But who do think will inform them of Kurt murdering his brother? Cause it can't be Evo-Margali, she too different to her Comic Book counter part.

*looks dreamly* I can see it now

*score "King of Pride Rock" from the Lion King begins to play*

???: Aw must it all end in violence? I'd hate to be responisble for the death of a family member, wouldn't you agree Kurt?

:evokurt: Thats not going to work ???! I've put it behind me!

???: And what about your failthful friends? Have they put it behind them?

:evokitty: Kurt what is he like talking about?

???: AH so you havn't tolled them your little secret! Well Kurt nows your chance to tell them, tell them who is responcible for Stefan's death!

:evokurt: *looks shamefull* I am

*every one gasps* Storm walks over to Kurt.

Storm: Its not true! Tell us its not true!

:evokurt: Its true
*every one has this look of horror on their faces now*

???: You see? he edmits it! MURDERER!

:evokurt: NO its was an acsident!

???: If it wern't for you Stefan would still be alive, its your fualt he's dead. Do you denighy it!?

:evokurt: No, but-

???: then your Guillty!

:evokurt: NO I'M NOT A MURDERER!

oops that was used in different show wasn't it? :D Well I hope it will be like that, I LOVE THAT SCENE FROM THE LION KING! It had such great quotes in it!. And so much drama!
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

Originally posted by Kazifasari
some of the titles of the last eps of season 4. Here they are if you have'nt seen them.
I gots theses here,
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm
There are strange screenshots on your page... Could X23 have a role to play?
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Those are for the Ep "Target X", in which X23 Creators come to take her back. I heard she was going to be voiced by a diiferent person! Please let her new voice be better!

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Gaz
Sins of the Son? That sounds a lot like the title of the first part of the Draco in Uncanny #429, 'Sins of the Father'.... Hmmmmm... coincidence??? or consperacy???
Oooooh...I LIKE!! Azazel would kick ass on this.

Yes, doubtful and extremely uncertain it would appear since it's Poccy who's the main villain now, not Azzy. But, still, it's not a sin to dream. :content

~Siona

-- SheCat.
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Well nice to see that the character development that he got in season 2 hasn't completely been flushed down the toilet, as we see that Lance is probably one of the more 'shades of grey' villians on the show. He may not be completely on the side of the angels, but he's not a total sleeze like Pietro. Although he does seem to be easily influenced by peer pressure.

It may have been not the most well timed episode, but they probably felt they needed something lighter to show after all the drama and angst of Impact. and did anyone else spot Rogue with the X-Men at Kelly's building?

and on the Kurt subject, something tells me he's putting up a front to mask is emotions and insecurities.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i missed the 1st 10 min of "No Good Dead"- can someone fill me in
i wouldnt mind seeing X23- mostly because i missed her 1st app (i wonder when id cartoon net going to show the rest of season 3)
i WANT MORE NIGHTY EPS, (& maybe some Kitty too)
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

Um...well...basically it was the brotherhood on a train and Pietro was tellin Wanda about how she hated her father and she got mad. Then she used her powers to make the train go all haywire and the tracks bent up. The train fell off the tracks and was going to blow so Freddie smashed his way out and everyone was safe. The Brotherhood got all this attention and money and stuff.....basically....
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

I really cant believe that those 7 eps are the only episodes left, & after that, we probably wont get anymore Evo...I WANT A FIFTH SEASON!!! COME ON WB!!!
:( :( :(
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

I think the writters are too STUPID to know how to continue it! You know they could contiue the story by having it be like 25 years in the Evo future. Then we could see our favorite Evo-Kids as adults!, and the story would be about there mutant children! Thats an idea I've had in my head for quete some time now.

Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

*Clears throat* [spoiler]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Okay I feel better now... what kind of ep was that! I mean... it was good ep, loved every little Toad bit heh, but um... like everyone said, what about Mystique, Kurt, Rogue, Erik... oh and lets not forget Apocolyse!!!! I was a bit let down by this ep... perhaps they're trying to draw out the suspense... if they do that again I will hunt them down and destroy them... well... yeah I would desotry them and take over X-men Revo and continue on myself... MUAHAHAHA!!!! *Stick figure Kurt cries as he tries to glue back his stick figured mom* Hey... so I'm not the best artist...[/spoiler]
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Ok, just because you didn't get you're daily dose of Evo kurt angst doesn't mean you can call the writer's stupid, ok? And it's been mentioned that this episode is after Impact because they wanted something lighter to off-put all the darkness and angst of the preceding episode.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Siona
Not to be rude or anything...BUT WHOEVER WROTE THIS EPISODE SHOULD BE SHOT!

Okay, I'm done. :D

~Siona
That IS rude, siona. Very rude.
Originally posted by Kazifasari
I think the writters are too STUPID to know how to continue it! You know they could contiue the story by having it be like 25 years in the Evo future. Then we could see our favorite Evo-Kids as adults!, and the story would be about there mutant children! Thats an idea I've had in my head for quete some time now.
As is that, Kazifasari...

As a whole, the writers of Evo havd been doing a damn good job. They produce one episode that is thought of as sub-par and suddenly they are too stupid or should be shot? This is the same ridiculous fan-boy/girl attitude you see at most message boards. REMEMBER that this is a children's show, and sometimes you have to sit back and make an episode that is simply fun to keep the kiddies into it. If this episode was all about Kurt crying over his mother, ar being pissy to Rogue, or what-not, they would loose alot of thier target audience.

There are only going to be so many episodes of Evo this season because thats all Kids WB PAYED for. It's not about what the writers want/can do. It's all about what KWB ALLOWS. Kazi, you have an idea, great. Write it. If you think you can do better than the writers, prove it. It's one thing to critique, people. It's a completely different thing to out and out flame.

And remember, we do happen to have an Evo writer who posts regularly on the board. As far as I have seen, he IS a rather intelligent gentleman :D.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€