A little continuity help?

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Cherrydoom
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cherrydoom »

:pokejoke I have a question about the continuity in a certain part of the X-Men’s history... it’s research for a fanfic I’m working on, and I’d like for it to be as accurate as I can get it. (If it turns out that’s impossible, I’ll just have to excuse myself with the age-old excuse of a “pocket/alternate dimension”..:rolleyes)

My fanfic takes place after a story that was told in “Five Decades of the X-Men” (a novel with five stories about the X-Men, from different points in time, with different people on the teams). If you’re familiar with the book, the story I’m drawing from is called “The Cause” (which was supposedly written in the ‘90s... but it may just be about the X-Team in the ‘90s). It’s about the Purifiers and the Saviors of Humanity attacking a boarding house full of mutant children... some other characters in it are Stryker and Pyro.

The (active) X-Men that were in the story were Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, and Iceman. Archangel (who might have been part of the team then... I don’t know) was there, too.

Gabriel Merritt was a villain involved in the attack... the leader of the Purifiers. I think Stryker had gotten out of prison just before the story (he went there after he pushed his latent-mutant follower off a podium and killed her).

Pyro was there, too. He was “seeing how the tykes handled the humans slugs”. (Or something like that...)

I understand that this story may have been in a pocket-universe or extra timeline of its own, but in case it’s not, here are some questions I really need the answers to...

1. Who were the active (as in used in fighting, or at least at the mansion) X-Men at this time? [I mainly need to know if Beast was still with them, but I’d like to know the others, too...]
2. Was Pyro working for Magneto? [And, if you know and are feeling generous, what was Bobby talking about when he said that Pyro had worked for the government, against mutants?]
3. Did the Brotherhood of Mutant Terrorists exist? Who was in it?
4. Where was the Brotherhood’s (or Magneto’s) base? (That floating island, or what? If it’s unknown then I guess I can just make something up...:toothy)

If you can answer any of these annoying little questions, I’ll be forever grateful. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy ‘Scrawling to read this... There's so much to the X-Men, and I know a good deal, but it's just too overwhelming... :faint
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

I'm not sure if there IS an answer to this since all the novel stories are out of continuity, meaning they had no effect on the regular comic books.

BUT, I haven't read the story, so I dunno...