reactions while watching the movie

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

warning: X2 spoilers

ok. i've been coming here for a while, and a lot of people i've talked to did some funny stuff while watching X2. so i started this thread. what did you do while watching X2? (hey that rhymes!)

here's some stuff i did:

as soon as i saw the blue smoke in the beginning, i squealed really really loud.

at the end of the white house scene, my friend was checking for my pulse because i nearly passed out.
the 2nd time i saw the movie, i was cheering Nightcrawler during the whole white house scene.

when nightcrawler touched storm's cheek, i spit out my Sprite and my friend choked on her pop corn.

those are just SOME of the things we did. what about yall?
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I caught my breath when I saw Kurt's tail for the first time. It was a beautiful reveal.

When I saw his eyes, I immediately thought, "wait a minute, that's not right. What's with the pale look?"

When I heard the name of the main villain, Stryker, the graphic novel "God Loves, Man Kills" leapt into my head, giving me a rough idea of where the plot was heading. (I picked up the graphic novel in 1982 when it first came out, and read and re-read it over and over: beautifully done.)

The breakout scene with Magneto practically had me cheering. I truly did not expect that.

I did know exactly what Magneto was going to do when he got into Dark Cerebro, though. It wasn't screamingly obvious, but it was telegraphed for those who knew Maggy's personality.

And I was just LOOKING for the phoenix under the water.... ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I yelled for more Kurt after the whitehouse scene.
I was wondering why the super-powered kids never fought back.
I kissed the screen when it was done.
I yelled for more Yuriko after the fight scene.
I nearly cried when Jean died until I remembered Phoenix.
I sand "Blue" all the way home.
I looked for a website to post that on.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Lots of giggling, spastic twitching... I think I passed out a couple of times from hyper ventailating, then I wouldn't shut up the whole way home... thank goodness I wasn't driving, I think I would have killed my friend... the second time was the same... with a little more sighing
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

I enjoyed the movie much as I enjoy other genre films... like a kid in a candy store. I do remember my breath catching in my throat when Kurt reached out to Ro in the plane.

But really, it was afterward that it started to hit me. I started to look up Kurt sites, track down fanfic, look for Kurt/Ro pairings... and, after discovering that it was a relatively new pairing, I saw that the stuff I wanted to read didn't exist yet.

So, I wrote it. And on top of that, I've been drawn into Nightie fandom like nobody's business. I'm reading comics again! Going back into old plots to see what happened to the X-Men in the seventies and eighties, etc.

Anyways. To say it was a good movie to me would be an understatement of massive proportions. I haven't ever had a fansite before, and I never thought I had it in me. Clearly I was just waiting for the right fandom. :D
Niytwalker
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Niytwalker »

Well, when Kurt first looked up, I didn't know who it was, then I saw his tail swish, and I squeled so loud the people around me went shoosh, and my friend that I went with rolled her eyes, she knows I'm obsessed with him.
In the Kurt/Ororo scene I don't think I breathed the whole time.
I said come on fhqwhgads!
I said come on fhqwhgads!
Everbody to the limit!
Who's that? He's to the Limit!
Evorybody come on fhqwgads!
I don't know who it is, but it probably is fhqwhgads.
I ask my friend Joe,
I ask my friend Jay,
They said it was fhqwhgads!
-Strong Bad Homestarrunner.com
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LadyBamf »

Every scene with Nightcrawler had me grinning like and idiot and giggling like a child at Christmas.
And I told Kurt to 'kick some 'agent a$$' during the white-house scene which also literally had me on the edge of my seat.
I cheered and clapped when Colossus punched those two men through the wall.
My breath caught in my throat when he flirted with Storm.
I called Logan a 'jerk' and said 'I was going to kill him' (rather loudly) when he made Nighty look all dejected.
Aside from that it was mostly smirking, more giggling and laughing, and side comments to my friends throughout the entire film.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

yeah, i threw pop corn at the screen when wolverine told nightcrawler to shush. everyone else (wolverine fans) thought i was nuts.... oh wait a sec... I AM!!!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
Premeditated Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Premeditated Chaos »

Me and my friend almost died at the White House scene, while the rest of my group (there was like 5 of us there) rolled their eyes and watched like normal people. The second time, I didn't waste any time and sat on the edge of my seat right when I got into the theater (I knew I was going to anyway). I had butterflies in my tummy when Mystique was sneaking into Yuriko's office. I applauded Magneto for his wicked escape scene. I laughed at Bobby when he was grossed out about Wolverine stabbing the FBI guy. (I like the way they did that. Very tasteful. No unnecessary gore just to satisfy the violence-lovers.) I aww-ed at all the Kuroro bits, of course...

And then, I went to the library hunting for all the X-Comics I could get. Amen to X-2 for getting me into the comics!
:dazzler: Chuckles, I had one dy-no-mite debut goin' till you jokers crashed the gate. Now it's ruined.
:sentinal: ...Huh?
:dazzler: And for that, suckah, you gonna PAY! *dazzle dazzle*
~Dazzler - Uncanny #130
Project Autumn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Project Autumn »

Lots of breath-catching and squealing here! I'm guilty as charged, as well. I'd love to see all of us in the same general area while watching the movie. It'd be incredibly amusing. :)

As for me, I didn't have a crush on Nightcrawler until I saw X2. The first scene had knocked my socks off, but at that point I was confused as to which side he was on (I thought maybe Marvel changed things around, which was a really rediculous thought looking back on it... they wouldn't change things THAT much). But then, as Xavier located him and he passed through the camera saying the Rosary... that was it. It made me catch my breath, he was just so cool. And so sorry. And so GOOD at heart. I was totally hooked. The fact he's a walking paradox... sigh. I just love all that he stands for.

All the Cerebro scenes made me catch my breath, actually...

The Blackbird Storm/Kurt scene made me think "No! Nonono! He can't be paired off ALREADY! I only just STARTED liking this guy...!" ;)

Apparently my friend Andrew stood up in the theatre at the end of the movie pointing and yelling "THE PHOENIX! THE PHOENIX! DID YOU SEE IT? DID YOU?!" :LOL

This didn't happen in the theatre, but I thought it was amusing anyway:
My friend Patrick came into math class the next day loudly asking this question:
"So who was the coolest mutant in X2?"
Me: "Nightcrawler, of course."
Him: "NO! Magneto! Everything Magneto did in that movie was COOL! Somebody get the shirt - I Heart Magneto!" :LOL

Ahh, live is good. :)
:kiss Member # 6 of the WKNWTSMT (Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth) Club.

:crazed Member # 7 of the ILTSP (I Liked The Stripy Pants) Club.

Then, together, you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated. Author Unknown
:whistle :hang :poke
JohnnyBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JohnnyBamf »

I nearly sha+ my self when the White house scene came up and when the first got him in the church i had an ear-to-ear grin. When they found him spying in the tree i went HA real loud. When Colossus first 'armored' up i kicked the guy in front of me

But here's 2 comments... U guys r lucky who have libraries who have comics... plus I iwsh there was some chicks like u guys in my area who like Nightcrawler and X-Men it'd be nice
Colossus's power, Nightcrawler's fur, tail and teleportation, Angel's wings, how cool would that be!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Pyro caused such intense reactions in me I could barely walk out of the theatre.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

When I saw the beginning of X-2 with Nighty, I fell in love with the X-Men all over again. From that moment on I had to start collecting X-Men again. But I think the most intense scene was at the end when Jean held back the dam water. I could see the energy glow around her.And I thought, "Whoa... she will be Phoenix!" My heart was pounding so fast I thought it was going to go through my chest. My eyes were so transfixed on the screen everything around me didn't exist. The bird coming to the surface of the water at the end confirmed that for me. But every scene with Nighty was ever so sweet:D
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I was chewing my nails hehe...and my friends were more concern about watching Wolvie neekid :p my sis was amused as I was, and we both enjoyed seeing nighty on the movie :) my best friend was still trying to understand the concept of him LOL (she's a bit slow sometimes) and after the movie finished i so wanted to watch it again! it finished so fast! then i realized it was like two hours and 20 minutes! wow how the time goes fast when you're having fun? don't you think? :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

At the beginning, I got in a fight with my younger brother, because he said Kurt was, and I quote, "Evil-looking and freaky; I hope he gets shot, that'd be cool!"

I hit him with a king-size KitKat bar. :eevil

At the end, I was rather suprised: "Hey...THAT didn't happen in the book!" :eek

Other than that, I wasn't suprised by much except for the action scenes, the amazing shortness of the Cerebro Attacks!! scene, and the discovery that maybe Kurt's ass ate his tail. :coy

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Originally posted by Siona and the discovery that maybe Kurt's ass ate his tail. :coy
...Why am I amused by this?
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Well, think about it! How many times did we see Kurt's tail besides in the White House?? :shocked

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

yeah i know. the only times i can really remember seeing it was in the white house, when he fell in the church, and after he talked with mystique. i cant remember seeing it any other time.....
and trust me. i'd notice it if they showed it considering that's my favorite part of his body!!! (check the sig)
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i had to use my friend's napkin right after the scene where nightcrawler had no shirt on. i didn't realize i was drooling!

:love :love :love :love :love :love :love
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

My reactions:

White House scene: :holdbreath :stunned :love
Church scene: :kiss :lick :love
On the X-Jet: :lick :love
At the campfire: :) :wave :love
When he talks to Mystique: :puppy :ick :huh
When he saves the kids: :blush :lick :love
End in the white house: :D :LOL :*) :love :love :love
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by crow »

I get a little emotional at movies!.......

So I sniffeled several times.......& I was like...

"OH NO!" in the church scene..... When he fell.

& I laughed really loud when Logan said that he was professor of.......ART!"

& just like everybody else.....I was blown away at the White House.

& When Rogue fell out of the plane........I was like....."OH YEA!!!!!!!!!! KURT TO THE RESQUE!"
~CROW~
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

Lol, man you all have such amusing stories. I ummm...sat there and watched. Eh, im a walking labotomy.
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

I got turned on. I hadnt told anyone untill today. Which is weird. His eyes, the way he talked to storm, his eyes. I think it was his eyes.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I also flipped some people off. OK, alot of people.
Cyclops
Wolverine after making Kurt sad
Bobby (he grinds my nerves)
Stryker after what he did to Kurt
Wolverine after stabbing Deathstrike
The manager who came in to tell me not to stand up in the theatre and flip off characters
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

I think I was one of the people rockstar was talkin aboutD I posted this on another thread, but I'll post it again, so...heres how it went

(after seeing the blue smoke)
Me: EEEE! THAT'S NIGHTCRAWLER!!!
Crowd: SHHH!
Me: Oh, as if you didn't know!

(after Kurt leaves the whitehouse)
Me: Encore! Encore! Bring him back on dammit!
Crowd: SHHHHH!!!!
Me: Oh, as if you don't want more!

(after Kurt teleports Storm into Cerebro)
Me: Storm better keep her filthy hands off my man.....
Then my friend, who is a really big Storm fan, tried to choke me with her Twizzlerz:D

I shut up after that because the manajor threatened to kick me out....:D
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge