First Salvador Larocca Image of Uncanny

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the thing you have to understand about all this stuff is storyarcs and details of the issues themselves are in a state of constant flux due to editorial decisions, the odd mistake on any number of peoples parts, conflicts with other titles, or whatever. nothing is set in stone until the issue is in print. what may have been said a couple months ago, may be totally different now. infact, i KNOW it is.

Chuck has very definate plans for future arcs. he has planned WELL into 2004. but theyare kinda vague. while he does have an idea of how those arcs should play out, the order of those arcs, their length, or if they are published at all, is not decided until later, when he actually writes the issues. he has Trial finished, the art is done and everything, so that is set. he's written a script for the first issue of The Ultimate X-Man (maybe the second by now), but it has not been drawn yet. so it is only semi-set. the Archangel/Husk story before that is half drawn, or probably completely drawn by now, knowing how fast Sal is capable of working. so it is set, aside form any dialogue changes that may result of changs in the art from the script, or due to the editors.

like in a Wizard interview a while back, Chuck teased about an old bad guy returning the final page of #429. that was going to be Mr. Sinister. but shortly after that interview was conducted, due to a conflict with another title that ALSO wanted to use Sinister, those plans had to be changed. (and no, this does not mean Sinister was going to be Kurts father. Azazel has always been the plan. Sinister was just a sub-plot. while Kurt and Bobby were dealing with Azzy, the rest of the team was to be taken prisoner by Sinister. except Polaris, and... ah hell, it's complicated. but, obviously that never happened, and now the whole team minus Juggy and Northie deal with Azzy.)

and his first arc of Avengers. i read his first draft like months ago, and his final draft just recently. you would not BELIEVE how much it has changed between drafts. they're fighting completely different bad guys, and there is one quite touching scene that is a carryover from events in Geoff's final issue that was taken out, (which i am a tad dissapointed about) and the protagonist gets a different 'origin'. a cute conversation between Hawkeye and Cap was added tho, which i quite liked.

so, he may have said it was 2 issues. but as far as i know, it has been shortened to one issue. the story wasn't even Chuck's idea, so eh.
beserkerclaw
Lubber
Lubber

Post by beserkerclaw »

thanks Bamfette I was just wondering just curious thats all. So is The Team pic of Sals a cover or just promo art.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

not sure. i think it is just a promo piece, but it may end up being used as a cover.