5/20 Instance: Polar Opposites

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/20 Instance: Polar Opposites

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: before This is Fucking Awesome

Julian: As he stepped into the bedroom, Julian cast a glance around as he nervously shifted his weight from one foot to the other, adjusting the bag he was carrying on his shoulder and swapping the suitcase to the opposite hand. It looked like his roommate was already settled in, which left him with the side of the room was left. Not that he was overly opposed to that. He wasn't picky.

Julian: He hesitantly moved into the space and paused to inspect the blue lava lamp, watching the light blue lava bubble up for a moment, before continuing to the bed.

Bruce: "Haway, Gibbson, ya daft twat!", came a heavily accented voice from outside, followed by Bruce Banner entering the bedroom, snapping his fingers at his bedside table, "There you are, ya bristle-y bastard...."

Bruce: Slipping over to the table he lifted a toothbrush from it, glancing back at the other male, "Y'alreet?"

Julian: Startling at the voice, Julian promptly dropped his bags and jumped back as they slid off the edge of the bed toward his feet, stumbling a little as he turned to face the source. Judging from the burning, he knew his face was bright red as he stuttered out, "H-hi..." Julian took a moment to work out what had been said through the accent and cleared his throat before trying again, "Hey, yeah... Yeah, totally fine."

Bruce: Bruce fixed him with a somewhat scrutinizing gaze, "....mmn.", he shrugged, "Yep. Room mates then, is it?"

Julian: "Looks like it," he nodded and carefully moved around the bed to offer the other guy his hand, "Julian."

Bruce: "Just Julian?", Bruce grinned, taking his hand, "Robert Banner, but y' can call me 'Bruce'. I prefer it."

Julian: "I, uh... Well, um, no..." Julian answered, going from nodding to shaking his head as he amended himself with another blush, "Julian Keller."

Bruce: Bruce smiled firmly, "Good t' meet you.", he nodded, releasing Julian's hand and waving his toothbrush, "Sorry for the abrupt entry; bloody hate loosin' things..."

Julian: Giving a small smile in return, his hand dropped back to his side, and his brow furrowed as he glanced around the room, "It's alright... What did you lose?"

Bruce: "Misplaced my...", Bruce's brow furrowed, "...this? The toothbrush? Were y' not payin' attention?", he smirked.

Julian: Julian was sure the blank look on his face as he thought back to about a minute ago was all the answer Bruce needed, but he still tried verbally replying, "Well, I..." he started, slowly shaking his head as he sheepishly admitted, "Not really. I was, like, trying not to, ah... I was trying not to crush my foot with my suitcase..."

Bruce: With a short nod, Bruce sat on his bed, "Hm...man o' few words?", he asked.

Julian: Taking a seat on the edge of his own bed, Julian quickly reached to catch his duffel bag, the shift in weight almost sending it to the floor. He clutched the bag in his lap and could only imagine the impression he was making, which caused his face to turn a light shade of pink as he answered, "I... I s-suppose I am, yeah..."

Bruce: "...right.", Bruce sighed, shrugging and standing back up. In his opinion, there was no sense in looking for a conversation that wasn't anywhere to be found. Humming to himself, he went about doing a quick spot-check of his personal affects.

Julian: Julian opened his mouth and closed it a few times as he tried to decide whether he was supposed to say anything more, searching for words to carry on a conversation. He had no idea what to say. It'd make sense to try to get to know the guy, as they'd be living in the same room for a year... But, where did he start? Or what if the silence was because he didn't want to talk? Also, were they going to have rules for living together? He'd never really shared a room before.

Julian: After another few moments of floundering, he finally managed, "I guess you're a man of few words as well?"

Bruce: Shaking his head, Bruce disagreed, "Jus' one who knows when someone clearly doesn' want t' be forced ta talk. Nae bosh.", he smirked back, "Dinnae force ye'sel'."

Julian: "Well, it's not... I'm not... I've never been..." Julian stuttered, working to fill in the blank there, "Good with words." Yep, that was accurate. Though, the words could easily be interchanged for just about anything, he was sure. "A-and, I'm just..." Incredibly awkward. "Nervous."

Bruce: "Eh? Scared the big-bad Geordie-Scottsman'll end up gettin' lairy wi' ye?", Bruce laughed, "Mate, we're gonna be livin' t'gether in this room, we're gonna get on 'cause we're gonna have ta."

Julian: "...Should I be?" he asked with a slight smile while eying the other guy, feeling a bit more at ease with the latter comment because it was true, "Speaking of that... Is there, uh... Y'know, anything I should, like, know...?"

Bruce: Bruce raised an eyebrow, considering the question, "Le's see....I'm 'arrogant and eccentric'; I like tae think am smarter than other's 'cause a' have the records t' show it.", he raised his hand, counting off things on his fingers: "Am straight, can hold me drink, dinnae like chocolate..."

Julian: After taking a few moments to process everything Bruce had said, Julian finally replied, "Well, at least we have one thing in common."

Bruce: "Ah? Which one?",

Julian: "The being straight."

Bruce: "Oh.", Bruce hummed, "Fair enough, like.", he smirked, "Anyway, I'm gan' shower 'cause apparently we're havin' a fresher's night out!"

Julian: "Well, um... Enjoy?" Julian hazarded as he slid his bag from his lap, carefully removing his hands from it and holding them up as if he expected the bag to slide from the bed once more, "I'm just... Well, as I'm sure you've already guessed, I'm kind of lame, so... I'm just going to unpack and settle in."

Bruce: "None o' that, mate; yer gonna have tae get yer drink on wi' me sometime.", Bruce assured his roommate, retrieving a towel amd waving to him, "Also, if a' pull tonig', gimmie the room? Migh' keep y'up, like...", he laughed, waving a farewell.

Julian: He watched Bruce disappear into the bathroom, his face going bright red as he finally put together what Bruce had meant. Luckily, the conversation was over because he wasn't entirely sure he would've been able to form words about the subject, not that he knew what to say about drinking either. Blowing out a breath, he decided to focus his attention on unpacking, and then he'd figure out what to do with himself before Bruce returned from this night out.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 5/20 Instance: Polar Opposites

Post by Ferguson »

Ah, roommate awkwardness, some of my favourite kind of awkwardness.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

LOL wow, Julian is a piece of work.

And the accent is giving me Rahne flashbacks. Argh. XD
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Bruce: "None o' that, mate; yer gonna have tae get yer drink on wi' me sometime.", Bruce assured his roommate, retrieving a towel amd waving to him, "Also, if a' pull tonig', gimmie the room? Migh' keep y'up, like...", he laughed, waving a farewell.

...pull a what? I... I don't... huh?
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Pull a bird. i.e. Manage to take a girl home
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

<Fabian> Fabian started the video and gladly passed the phone over. "Can I sleep here tonight? Neighbour's pulled I'm pretty sure so I'd rather get some sleep the first night before classes."
Pull a bird = hook up with a woman. Why Fabian left for the evening and Walt will be investing in earplugs very shortly. :toothy
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7