Christmas 2015: Illyana and Pietro

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Christmas 2015: Illyana and Pietro

Post by TechPrincess »

<@Illyana> Illyana sat with her herbal tea, curled up in a chair at the coffee shop. She wasn't quite sure how she had gotten Liza to agree to coffee, but she was positive that this was quite wonderful grown up time. She sighed heavily and took a sip.

<Liza> Liza pushed open the door to the coffee shop, a few flakes of snow blowing in with her and made a beeline for the counter to order a hot chocolate smothered in cream before taking a seat at Illyana's booth, "Hey ... so um ... first off, congratulations?"

<@Illyana> Illyana smiled at her, setting her tea down. "Thank you... it's nice to get some time with another adult, though. How um... how are you doing?"

<Liza> "I'm okay, busy with school and work and stuff though," she didn't return the smile and sipped her drink nervously, "How about you? I mean ... apart from babies?"

<@Illyana> "Pretty much my world right now... it will be so hard to leave them and go back to school this spring, but I guess graduation matters a lot, huh?" She smiled again, picking her tea back up for a drink.

<Liza> "You'd probably only regret it otherwise ... though I guess it's not like you'll ever need to get a job or anything with your husband and stuff so maybe not?" She shrugged.

<@Illyana> "This is true. I'll be glad I did it in the end, I'm sure. Lots of things don't seem like the best of ideas at the time, but if you look ahead, you know they are."

<Liza> "Mmmmm," Liza concentrated on the marks and smudges on the tabletop, she knew where this was going and was wondering why she'd agreed to this again, issues were so much easier when you could ignore them.

<@Illyana> "Look... I know I'm not one to judge or preach or anything like that... I know how much you must be hurt."

<Liza> "Mmmmhmmmm," Liza shrugged noncommittally, yep, she much preferred avoidance.

<@Illyana> Illyana looked over at Liza again. "He loves you. And he never would have done any of that crap if he hadn't been brainwashed... and I can't ask you to go take him back and act like nothing happened... but I know how empty it feels when you lose someone that you love that much. It's complicated, and I know I'm totally intruding, and I'm sorry... but I want you two to be happy, and I think you can be... together."

<Liza> "You are totally intruding," Liza muttered, but at least it didn't sound like Eddie had sent her, "he told me he cheated and then tried to attack me! I know that's like ... not as bad as your husband being a fucking assassin or whatever, but maybe I'm not as much of a fucking .... fucking walkover like you are. I don't need a guy, kids and a white-picket fence to be happy with my life."

<@Illyana> "I don't need Pietro to be happy. I forgave him because I love him and he matters more to me than anything in this world except for my twins. You and I both know that Eddie would never willingly cheat on you and he'd die before he hurt you or allowed harm to come to you... What those people did to him was unforgivable... and I would hope your anger would be directed at them. Eddie didn't choose to do that, and it's not some lame drunken excuse either."

<Liza> "I wanted to help him, he just threw it back in my face! And if that door hadn't been in the way he could have killed me!" She realized they were getting some looks and lowered her voice, "And that's fucking terrifying, he looses his temper and I could end up torn in two ..."

<@Illyana> "All of the people who came back had trouble with their powers and their memories. I'm... I'm not sure when he went to you... but he may not have had control yet. At least talk to him... let him explain. If you still don't trust him, then at least you can both move on and know for sure. But I think you owe it to your relationship to talk to him one more time."

<Liza> "You think I don't want to, I love him," Liza said miserably, "but I'm scared of him."

<@Illyana> "How can I help you then? Do you want me there?"

<Liza> "While I talk to him? Don't you think that would be a little awkward?"

<@Illyana> "Of course I do... but I don't know what else to do to help you. He isn't going to hurt you, though."

<Liza> Liza sighed deeply and put her face in her hands, "I dunno ...."

<@Illyana> Illyana put a gentle hand on her arm. "I want you to feel safe enough to talk to him... I'll do whatever I can to make that happen."

<Liza> "I ... I dunno, I'll think about it, okay?"

<@Illyana> "Thank you." Illyana smiled at her. "I can try to come up with something else too. So long as you're safe... "

<Liza> "If ... you think it would help?" Liza asked, sounding pretty miserable.

<@Illyana> "It's that or a containment cell..."

<Liza> "I don't think a cell would quite set the right mood ..."

<@Illyana> "I don't either. I promise you though... he won't hurt you. You'll be fine."

<Liza> "Well ... I guess if it all goes to hell you'd be able to teleport us out ..."

<@Illyana> "I sure would. And then I'd kick his ass... just for you."
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean