11/6 Instance: Actions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/6 Instance: Actions

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul sat crosslegged on the sofa watching the news. He knew the people on the news, well, sort of. His memory was foggy but he knew the faces of the people and that was Rachel Grey-Foley up in the corner. That was really messed up.

<@Jean-Paul> Nothing was feeling quiet real, memories were there but he couldn't really feel the connection to them just yet. Maybe he should try going to see his aunt, uncle and sister...maybe he should find this Reed person.

<@Jean-Paul> I'm gay...that's still weird

<Reed> Making his way to the recroom, Reed took a deep breath. He'd been trying to keep his distance from JP since he'd returned, if only to give him time to adjust. The others were slowly returning to normal, maybe JP would be getting back to normal as well.

<Reed> Looking up as he entered the room, Reed's eyes widened and he stopped.

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh, hi there." Jean-Paul looked back whenhe heard someone coming in. "...you want to watch something else? The news is a bit...weird." He held out the remote, looking at Reed and trying to remember more. He knew that was Reed but..he just didn't know.

<Reed> Reed shook his head. He just didn't know what to say, so he sat down on the couch away from JP awkwardly. As awkward as he tended to be with company, he was used t being comfortable around his boyfriend. When said boyfriend actually remembered him that is ," no....no I'm good. Was just trying to find someplace to think."

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, I'm not sure how good of a place this is to think but it's relaxing anyway." Or was, this was weird. Jean-Paul forced his smile to stay though as he shrugged. "So...you are Reed, right? I didn't just mess that up."

<Reed> From the looks of things he wasn't the only one that felt how weird this was. He looked at JP and shrugged, smiling ," yeah, it is. You'd be right, I'm Reed."

<@Jean-Paul> "I guess I don't have to introduce myself, huh? It's weird to call myself Jean-Paul though, not quite used to that yet, doesn't fit in my mouth right."

<Reed> Reed nodded and pulled his knees up. Crossing his arms over his knees, he rested his chin on his hands ," I know how that goes. I spent a while last year not being entirely myself."

<@Jean-Paul> 'Yeah, yeah I remember some of that. I remember us in the quarantine room together." He glanced to Reed, trying to put the person with the memory now.

<Reed> He turned his head and rested it on his arms, watching Jean-Paul ," you helped me. I'm sorry I wasn't there when they brought you back."

<@Jean-Paul> "I think I needed soem time to...think about things." Jean-Paul admitted a bit sheepishly, glancing down at the sofa for a moment before glancing back up. "I mean, there was a lot I didn't know."

<Reed> "That's why I left you be. I didn't think you'd need me around worrying about you and getting in your hair," Reed looked down at the couch as well.

<@Jean-Paul> The guy was being so damned nice to him and Jean-Paul just didn't know what he thought about any of it...well, he knew what he thought about it, he just couldn't remember properly. Reed cared about him and even if Jean-Paul dind't remember properly he didn't want to just hurt the guy.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well hey, I'm not going to remember much just sitting around looking at people's faces, am I? I've all ready gotten all I can from pictures."

<Reed> Reed shifted in his seat. He was a little uncomfortable to be honest. He looked at JP and smiled awkwardly ," I don't know if you remember but...I'm not all that good at social interactions. I don't....I don't know how to make you feel comfortable."

<@Jean-Paul> "We can just be awkward together? I don't think there is a way to be completely comfortable like this." Jean-Paul admitted, smirking a bit. "What did you get up to while I was gone?"

<@Jean-Paul> Maybe getting him talking about something would help them both.

<Reed> "I....I didn't get up to much of anything. I was given a letter that said you didn't belong and went away. After that I just sorta buried myself in my projects. I think I'm failing a couple classes because I forgot to surface from my lab for them."

<@Jean-Paul> That just made him feel sad, Jean-Paul properly looking over Reed now, frowning slightly. "So...do you know all of what I was up to or did you avoid the gory details?"

<Reed> "I know most of the larger details. What happened but not any details," he shrugged ," I guess I figured you'd tell me if the time came."

<@Jean-Paul> "I thought I had lived there all my life. It felt like I had lived there all my life. I had a mother, father, sister. Clarice was next door to me, we were best friends, thought I always knew her but now I'm starting to remember how I actually met her."

<Reed> He nodded ," one thing was true at least. She is your best friend."

<@Jean-Paul> "We...sort of dated." Jean-Paul's brow furrowed. That had even felt wrong when it was happening. Makes sense now but it certainly didn't then.

<Reed> "That makes sense," Reed nodded ," close friends and all." He shifted and looked at him.

<@Jean-Paul> "It was awkward as hell." Jean-Paul quickly assured him, pulling a face. "Really uncomfortable."

<Reed> Reed nodded again and pulled his knees tighter ," that will probably be pretty awkward for the both of you when things get back to normal. She had the biggest crush on you." He chuckled a bit.

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh God, does she really?" Jean-Paul cringed at that, giving a little bit of a flail. "That's going to be so strange!" There was a moment of actual panic in him as he tried to figure out what to do there.

<Reed> "Well she did. We've been together for...for a while so I think she sort of let it go."

<@Jean-Paul> Jena-Paul couldn't help but find himself smiling despite the awkward and now having the knowledge that he was going to have to possibly deal with Clarice learning about the most unfortunate crush ever. "So...we're quite the thing, aren't we?"

<Reed> A smile slowly made it's way to Reed's face ," we've had our mishaps but we've together....about a year and a half? I took you to meet my dad this summer. You brought me to meet your aunt and uncle."

<@Jean-Paul> "I remember bits and pieces of that...did your dad like me?" He asked, suddenly nervous because he was sure if he didn't this whole not remembering thing would just be a mark against him.

<Reed> "He did. He was very happy that I'd found someone," he smiled a bit, remembering ," though it was pretty awkward. I got my social skills from my dad. Your aunt and uncle liked me too."

<@Jean-Paul> "So...you have any ideas on ways to jumpstart my memory more? Things just sort of drift to the surface at the moment, I don't even realize it all the time. I think I want to remember you now though." Fuck thinking it was too weird, that was just how they had made him think and Jean-Paul didn't like other people making up his mind one bit.

<Reed> Think for a moment, Reed shrugged ," I think it's more actions that will help. Though Jean-Paul got Lukas to remember some things by giving him back his stuffed horse. But you've probably already been with all your things."

<@Jean-Paul> "Actions?" Jean-Paul asked quirking an eyebrow out. "Man, I still can't get used to the fact that Lukas is a guy...that has a stuffed horse."

<Reed> "Well.....he's a shapeshifter so it really all depends on his mood. Which is why he got stuck as a girl in the first place I think. Was having a lady day," he shrugged and smiled at him. Biting his lip, he leaned over and kissed Jean-Paul's cheek ," actions."

<@Jean-Paul> There was a familiar warm feeling as Jean-Paul looked over to Reed now. "I believe we are men of action, hmm?" He smiled just slightly timidly but that unnatural look was slipping away pretty quickly now.

<Reed> Reed looked him over for a moment and smiled, nodding. He moved a bit closer but stopped before they were touching, still a bit nervous.

<@Jean-Paul> "I've not freaked out yet, I think I've been quietly freaking out long enough to avoid it." Jean-Paul assured him. "Though, you could always buy me dinner first?"

<Reed> "I think I can do that. I think I can buy you a couple dinners even," he scratched at his hair and smiled.

<@Jean-Paul> "So...when's good for you?" Jean-Paul asked, smiling much less sheepishly now. This felt a whole lot more natural than what he had done with Clarice.

<Reed> "I don't really have anything planned for tonight. Or whenever you think would be good," he shrugged and rested his chin on his knees again.

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul stood up, smiling and offering his hand. "Take me to someplace important to us?"

<Reed> Unfolding, Reed took his hand and stood up. He smiled sheepishly and nodded ," I..I think I can do that."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 11/6 Instance: Actions

Post by puppygirl »

<Reed> Think for a moment, Reed shrugged ," I think it's more actions that will help. Though Jean-Paul got Lukas to remember some things by giving him back his stuffed horse. But you've probably already been with all your things."
Find and replace strikes again! :cracked

But d'awwwww! This was so awkward and cute ^-^
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"