Summer 2015: Max

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Summer 2015: Max

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Danny: Max's cell rang as Danny sat in the limo laughing with Clare. He had been forced to use her cell since she had knocked his off the balcony. He waited for his protégé to answer his phone.

Max: Crap, Max thought as he looked at the unknown number. He wasn't concerned about the unknown number, but the little flashing bred battery sign at the top."Hello, Max speaking," Max said as he started his search for this cellphone charger.

Danny: "Max, this is Danny Rand. How're you?" He asked, holding up a finger so the parties in the limo understood it was conversation time. They went to a quieter discussion amongst themselves.

Max: "I'm sorry, who? Hang on..." Max finally got his phone plugged in. "Sorry, my phone's signal gets weird sometimes. Who's this?" he asked again.

Danny: "Danny." he said with a smile. "You can't have possibly forgotten me."

Max: "Hey Danny, no-nono, having trouble getting connected. So how's the summer coming along?" Max asked, sitting back down on his desk's chair, spinning from side to side and tapping through websites.

Danny: "Not bad. Came into a bit of money..." he smiled as Clare rolled her eyes. "That's a nice way of putting it, I guess Max, I'm sending you something very important."

Max: "Oh? Better not be a cactus, someone left a bunch of miniature cactusses... cacti on my bed. Think it was supposed to be a pointy joke."

Danny: Danny laughed. "Admittedly funny, but I agree that's very inconvenient. No, I need you to test some tech for us. It's yours to keep. We need you to test the GPS system we're developing to work in deep jungles as well as cities. It is supposed to be marketed towards soldiers, but I'm afraid of
guerilla soldiers taking them or raiding abandoned vehicles and finding them."

Danny: "I'd rather ecologists and other field-researchers use them. So I need you to take it with you wherever you go. Can you do that?"

Max: "Um.., yeah, sure? Hang on... test a GPS? I think I broke up again, almost sounded like you got your own technology business or something."

Danny: "More or less, yes I did. You are testing GPS for us. It's past beta stage but I'm still not sure I like everything about it and I refuse to endorse what I don't like. I trust you to do this. It's in watch form but you can attach it to anything. Car, motorcycle, whatever."

Danny: "As an X-Man, it could be very helpful for you. It is in my best interests to keep you alive for the fact that you're both my friend and you have my tech, so you can expect that I'll be sure it's up and working at all times."

Max: "Huh, awesome." Max said. "And yeah, of course, I'll test the heck out of the thing. I'll go from point A to point B and back again. Maybe even let it calculate a route or two." Max thought for a second, " Look, if you ever develop a lightsaber, can I beta test that as well?"

Danny: "Absolutely. We're shying away from weapons tech, if I have anything to say about it. But that doesn't mean side projects won't exist." he said hopefully.

Danny: "Also -- You're going to need a vehicle to test it in. Do you like black, green, blue, or red?"

Danny: "We can maybe swing Orange." He admitted, looking to Clare mouthing the word 'ORANGE' over and over.

Max: THe phone crackled a bit, "What was that? Colour? I'm partial to blue. What's this about a vehicle?" Max asked, squinting his eyes trying to concentrate on what Danny was saying. Why didn't he just fork out the extra bucks for the better model phone. Oh right, because he was stingy. Thanks dad, you taught me well.

Danny: "Okay, expect a 2014 blue Fiat Punto in Xavier's garage by Tuesday. Alright? The papers will be signed, falsified as needed. Xavier's isn't allowed to be on the books for this sort of stuff so you don't get tickets okay? You don't own this car we do. But it's yours."

Danny: "I'll call you later, Max. Enjoy the car. Tell Jess I said hi, please?" Clare pointed to the corner the limo was pulling up to, once they got past the light.

Max: "Okay, yeah, I will.... did you just give me a car?" Max asked.

Danny: "Yes. A nice car. Try to treat it well." He smiled and nodded to the driver as he stopped by the corner. "Thank me later, Max. Have a good summer." He hung up and got out, Clare opening the door for him and handing him a portfolio. Damascus, here I come.

Max: Max sat on his spinny chair. It wasn't spinning. He was still too confused to make the chair go spin. "Punto?" he wondered outloud.