Farscape/Witchblade

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Are there any fans of Farscape or Witchblade here. Is it true that both shows are being cancelled. can someone please let me know
:(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Shayde
Lubber
Lubber

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Shayde »

Unless a miracle happens Farscape has gone poof. It's basically down to the people at the Sci-Fi Channel. Bastards!!:mad:
"One day men will look back and say that I gave birth to the twentieth century."
Jack the Ripper, From Hell
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

so it is true, Farscape is being canceled :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
so there aren't anymore epsiodes coming out:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
this sucks
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Sabretooth
Lubber
Lubber

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Sabretooth »

But, but .. bubut that cant be true. :(
It's just not fair!
I never cheat, i just carry these cards around for umm... Luck!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Slarti »

Finally I'm not the only 'Scaper here! Yeah, the Sci-Fi bastards cancelled it, but we fans are still trying to save it.

The US Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the rest of season 4 beginning this Friday though, so we get a few new episodes before it dies.

Watch this Friday everyone! Watch! Write Sci-Fi! Tell them you LOVE Farscape and want it to LIVE!

I AM FARSCAPE!!!!!
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

ARE YOU SERIOUS- THERE ARE NEW EPS AND IT'S THIS FRIDAY.
:surprise::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
man i love that show.i saw all of the 1st seson, parts of the 2nd (my fav has got to be the cartoon based on the roadrunner where John was being chased by Dargo)- Dude, John is so HOT, he looks great in those leather pants. :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:;pant;;pant;;pant;;pant;
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Rictor »

And yes Witchblade was also cancelled. Damn it damn it damn it. I loved that show. It sucks so much ass that it was cancelled...The network wont really say why, the way they put it is that they want to end it before it gets stale or something like that. But come the (im spelling here ok ;) ) F-U-C-K on it was its best rated show, Witchblade getting stale was something they had nothing to worry about. Basicly what it come down to is that Yancy aka Sarah Pezzini went into rehab for Alcoholism. And Im pretty sure that was one of the major factors. Wether it will stay cancelled or not is another thing. Cuz this show has a huge as fan following, so huge that they payed (the fan following as a group) a whopping sum of :shocked: $4,500 :shocked: I believe for an add in a Newspaper (i forget which one) pleading the Network etc... not to cancell it. And as it turns out they also have the actors of the show backing them up. I so hope that they continue it cuz I was really really really loving it.

For more info on this you can check out the Witchblade Central Station

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

i can't believe that after all that they won't reconsider not canaling witchblade.that show was very popluar-i mean 30mil viewers.
i've heard from different sources that WB is considering picking it up, but i'm not sure.that was one of the best shows i've ever seen.
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
btw i like gwen
nightcrawler834
Lubber
Lubber

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by nightcrawler834 »

heya, i s'pose i'm a little late entering this thread but hey....i'm a farscape fan.......it's being cancelled? :bawl::bawl: when did that happen and why? can someone plz pull me outta the dark? :huh:
I always get told I think out aloud, that's why I never say much....
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Paty »

:mags:
I believe the newspaper was Variety...a prestiegous showbiz publication. That is serious money for a one page ad.
It seems that superdoop shows are given the worst timeslots and then cancelled when they don't shoot immediately into the top ten! Dave is bemoaning the demise of Birds of Prey...and there is a fan following that is mounting a cambaign to beseige the corporate offices of whatever station it is on to restore it.
But, hey, tv execs are dodos anyway...they cancelled Star Trek, too...and look what has happened to that venue...
Paty
:mags:
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
nightcrawler834
Lubber
Lubber

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by nightcrawler834 »

man, that sucks big time. grrr stupid tv execs:yell:
I always get told I think out aloud, that's why I never say much....
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Rictor »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Siren
i can't believe that after all that they won't reconsider not canaling witchblade.that show was very popluar-i mean 30mil viewers.
i've heard from different sources that WB is considering picking it up, but i'm not sure.that was one of the best shows i've ever seen.
:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:
btw i like gwen
I know its such a shame they havent renewed it yet, and Im sorry but as much as I loved Yancy as Sarah....if shes the problem then I can deal with her bein recasted :evil:

GWEN RULES :D.

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

I haven't heard anything new about it being back on t.v, but I am a big fan of the comic, at least I was when I had money to buy it. Michal Turner's art was fantastic, too bad he left. :( But I still got Fathom.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."
-Will Turner and Jack Sparrow

"But why is the rum gone?"
-Jack Sparrow
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Farscape was one of the best shows on TV, IMHO. The PtB at the SciFi channel are basically digging their own graves as they are losing viewers with their new lackluster fare (Scare Tactics anyone? What? No one watches it? Oh you don't say!)

For more on what's happening with Farscape as well as what the Jim Henson Company is doing, check out this site: http://www.watchfarscape.com/
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

i hope the people responble for canceling Farscape lose their jobs (they deserve IT)-the last ep SUCKED
all my shows are being canceled :bawl
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Magic Rabbit »

I think the last episode of Farscape was supposed to leave open the possibility of a movie. Problem is, SCiFi still owns the rights to the show, so they're basically screwing the Henson Company.

I don't watch the SciFi channel anymore - I just think all the shows they have on now suck, so I don't see the point. If ratings for that station keep slipping, then somehting will change: but the new owners didn't want Farscape in their lineup. They'd much rather have the crap that they show now in the hopes of getting more viewers. I keep my fingers crossed that they steadily lose viewers because the quality of their shows is poor. But that's just my opinion.

Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Thunder Chicken »

The problem with that is Stargate SG-1, which is a quality show. Now that sci-fi has the rights to that and are producing season 8, the have a ratings juggernaut to turn the focus away from their crappy shows like Scare Tactics (talk about a cruel show with no redeeming properties).

:austen
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

i dont watch Scifi anymore either- never seen Scare Tactics dont know when it comes on or even care
someone told me that they were going to make a movie about both Farscape & Witchblade to tie up the loose ends & to end the shows
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by Magic Rabbit »

The scariest thing about Scare Tactics is that it's revised Shannon Dorherty's (sp) 'career' - not that she really had one in the first place. I wonder what other washed-up has-been they make a show for on SciFi?

sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

Post by sevati »

I still can't believe that Witchblade got canceled (was this show based on a comic? I didn't know that). I was only able to catch maybe two episodes before they took it off the air? It was refreshing and inventive. I really miss it. I think the real reason it got canceled was the lead actress's alcohol abuse. So sad.

Farscape.. eh, never got into it, the promos didn't interest me. Sci-fi channel used to be great showing the eclectic stuff, with their anime festival in the summer, but I don't even think they do that anymore. The only good original programming I can remember was a movie called Mr. Stitch, starring the wonderful Wil Wheaton. And that wasn't even recent, it was back in '95 or '96.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Farscape/Witchblade

i remember Mr Stitch- that was kindof freaky
the guys name was Lazarus right didnt see the beganing- it was like a Frankstein kind of thing right