FANFIC: Brimstone and Mirrors.

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

:shocked: Yeah I know, another fic. I think I hear cries of "When are you gonna finish "Aoi Tenshi" or "Indigo Shadows"? I dont know, when I finish them, I guess.... Anyway, this fic I started this past summer and wanted to know what you thought of it. Does it suck, is it good, should I continue? For new people reading this, Mina is Reis twin sister, Oni Aman means "Demon Lover" in Japanese, the quotes she uses are from a book called "Wolf by the Ears.", and I made up the name of the town Rei leaves, unless its real, and I didnt know.

Brimstone and Mirrors.
By: MoonbeamDancer

Date: July 9, 2002
Time: 10:00pm
Name: Rei Wagner
Subject: My Life
Password: Brimstone

They say that writing "eases the heart." That it "cures the useless hours of their boredom." Maybe thats true, or maybe its not. Maybe it just drags us kicking and screaming to ghosts wed rather forget. To things better left forgotten. Either way, I need to tell someone, and that someone is you, Kurt. Read all this and finally understand.

Youre most likely wondering why Im writing this fore you to read, instead of telling you to your face. Its, believe it or not, easier for me to pour it all out onto a computer then it is to speak it. Especially late at night when I can watch you sleep, I find it comforting, somehow. Read and learn, my Oni Aman, maybe just maybe youll understand…

You remember how I told you about Minas death? How I killed her on accident, and that my father threw me out after he found out what I really was? Well after that, all I had was the bag I had managed to pack and the money I stole from my parents which funnily enough, included all of the cash in my fathers wallet, a grand total of $150 dollars, mostly tens and twenties, and all the cash in the safe, plus two of my fathers bonds, just to spit in his face. So there I am on the street, with nothing but the clothes on my back,(jeans, long sleeved with slits on the sleeves, black leather boots to my knees, a cap from the musical CATS, and a black leather jacket that had been Minas and that I wanted badly, but she never shared, with a spare pair of black wrap around shades in one of the jacket pockets, incase I needed them), a bag I had quickly packed, some clothes and I.D., and a grand total of $ 750 in cash, plus two bonds, each worth $1,000 dollars. So a even grander total of $ 2,750 all together, if I cashed the bonds. And I planed to the next morning before I left the town of Ranger, Pennsylvania forever.

I had the small feeling that my mother would miss me, she did after all bring my to the school, and in a sense to you as well, but that my father wouldnt care at all, just be glad that the freak was gone. I ended up spending the night in a tree in the park, since I didnt want to spend the money on a motel room.

After I woke up at, according to my watch, 6am, I went to the store down the street and stocked up on stuff that would last a few days, mostly dried stuff and a map. I took my paper sack and walked two blocks up and three blocks over to the bank to cash the bonds before my father saw they were gone and called the bank to declare the null and void. By now it was 7am and the bank had just opened. I put on my shades and went in. There were barely any people there so I was able to cash the bonds rather quickly… In five minutes I was two thousand dollars richer. I held a death grip on my paper bag of money and food, the bag against my chest, my bag of clothes sitting across my back, and made my way to the bus station.

I sat down long enough to pull out my map and decide where I wanted to go. I decided on Florida. Miami to be exact. I put away my map and after buying a small bag to keep my money in, went up to the counter, and bought my ticket. The agent was a little hesitant to give me my ticket, but after I explained that I was on my way to see my sick grandmother, that I was the only family she had left, and that I was older then I looked, she gave me my ticket. I boarded bus number five, non-stop to Florida, and sat in the back. No one was on yet, so I quickly counted what money I had left, $ 2,732, and put it in the bag I had bought. I put that bag in my clothes bag, and looped an arm through the straps. The bus filled slowly and then we were heading towards Florida.

The trip by bus took four days. Sometimes wed stop for food or gas or to sleep. I spent most of my time on the bus, either asleep or staring out the window. We were about a day away from Miami, when I started thinking about what exactly I was going to do. Money wasnt a problem right now, but I would need a place to stay and a job. There I was at 14, running away, and no idea what I was going to do. My food was almost gone, so I would have to get something to eat soon.

We got into town late at night and the person sitting across from me, a grandmotherly type, shook me awake.
"Were here dearie."
I jolted awake out of my half asleep state. "In Miami?" I asked, wiping the sleep out of my eyes. It was dark so no one could see them.
"Yes dear. Are you going to be alright?" she asked. "Miamis a big city…"
She was beginning to look worried, like she knew I was a runaway.
"Ill be fine. Thanks for waking me." I grabbed my bags (just the clothes and money now, I was down to the last bag of dried apples, and it was in my clothes bag) and quickly got off the bus, heading for the strip like I knew what I was doing. I of course didnt, and was scared. The strip was dotted with hotels, restaurants, mostly the little dinner kind. One of them had a help wanted sign.

The job was waiting tables and they needed someone fast. The manager came over when the head waiter told him I was interested in the job.
"How old are you and do you have any experience?"
"Sixteen." I lied. "And not much, but Im a fast learner."
"The job pays six dollars an hour, plus tips. Whats your name?"
"Rei Neko."
"Youre hired. You start tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 and work till midnight. The head waiter, Kyle, will team you up with one of the other girls to show you the ropes, youll get your uniform then, and we can settle things when you get here tomorrow."
"Thanks, Mr…"
"Ramirez."
"Thank you Mr. Ramirez."

After I had ordered a quick bite to eat, and talked to Kyle, he said hed pair me up with Dawn. I then went to one of the motels down the street and rented a room. I fell asleep and didnt wake up until 10 the next morning. I showered and dressed, and started looking at apartment ads in the paper, and called some of them to set up appointments to see the apartment. The first was at noon that day.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."
-Will Turner and Jack Sparrow

"But why is the rum gone?"
-Jack Sparrow
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

She decided to tell Kurt! that's nice :) and i have to tell you, this is neat and keep going because i wanna read more, and i want to see how she managed to enter to Xavier's also.
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Well she's 19 when she meets Kurt, so I've got 5 years to cover, it'll be in there. Any ideas, I got a small outline of what I want to do, but ideas help.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."

-Jack Sparrow
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

*ponders* i can think on something and i'll tell you :) but you tell me first :D
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Figures you would say that... Anyway, I'm thinking of having her run out of money and even with her job, she doesn't make enough, so has to either be an exotic dancer or a hooker (leaning towards that one) and some mild drug use as well.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."

-Jack Sparrow
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

:eek: Exotic dancer, i like the idea more...a hooker, mmmm, maybe she can be both :P *scratches head*, maybe somebody can steal her money, so the poor girl has to being forced to do that.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Who's Rei? Is this a made up character?
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Yeah, I made her up.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."

-Jack Sparrow
nghtcrwlr
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nghtcrwlr »

Hi, moonbeamie!
So glad you posted this. Me likes very much! :D
Keep your distance, my love... I bite.
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

:) Thanks. Trying to write more now, but my muses have gone on vacation. :(
"You cheated."
"Pirate."

-Jack Sparrow
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

*goes to bring her muses back* That's enough and you *points to muse#1* yes you! finish that Mai Tai and get back to work!
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

ROTFL! I don't know if that'll work, but it's funny.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."

-Jack Sparrow