Summer 2012: Rachel

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Rachel: Rachel pulled the clothes out of a few drawers and tossed them to her bed, then mentally kicked herself. Now, she'd have to refold, and she sucked at it. Sighing, she grabbed a few boxes, cleared a spot for her to sit, and started shoving the clothing into a box.

Christopher: Chris knocked on Rachel's door softly. "Hey Rachel, you busy?" He waited for her to answer while he waited at the door.

Rachel: "Uh..." She looked around the room, eying all her things that were strewn throughout the space. Since Anna had gone, she could throw things on her half, too. "...No, not really...?"

Christopher: "Mind if I come in?" He opened the door a little but didn't go in yet.

Rachel: "Enter if you dare..." Rachel shrugged, even though he couldn't see, and continued sloppily re-folding the clothes.

Christopher: Chris walked into the room then looked around. "Woah damn did a tornado hit your room?" He tried to get around the room to his usual chair, carefully.

Rachel: She snorted, "Hurricane would be more appropriate, I think. It's name would be Josh since I don't want to take the blame for destroying this. To be fair, his room would look similar though."

Christopher: "Why's that?" He finally got to his seat and got comfortable in it. "What you guys up too?"

Rachel: Rachel blinked. Oh, right. Not everyone knew. "We're, uh, moving."

Christopher: "Oh really? Sad to see ya go. Now who's gonna do all the new tatts I think about?" He laughed a little knowing that this was gonna happen since she was married. He kind of wondered why she hadn't already moved out.

Rachel: "Yeah, and it's just into an apartment in the city, so I'll still be around the tattoo shop," she grinned. "Speaking of which... take it tattoos are why you're here."

Christopher: "Yup yup. Got a new Idea. I was thinking whole scene. I even made a few drawings." He pulled a couple of folded up pictures out of his pocket and then got up and handed them to her. "What do you think?"

Rachel: Rachel set a shirt aside, took the paper, and unfolded it. "So, basically, you just want to go full body?"

Christopher: "Well just chest, back and neck for now. But who knows what I'll end up wanting." He rubbed the back of his neck gently.

Rachel: "Cool. I'll work on some sketches of this," she nodded, "I want to cover my arms and back, then I think I'll be good. Maybe."

Christopher: "Yeah I'm slowly getting addicted to these and Selene's piercings." He rubbed his chest gently.

Rachel: "I don't think I can do more piercings," Rachel shrugged, "Lip, nose, tongue, and ears are good enough for me. Used to have my eyebrow, too."

Christopher: "Yeah I'm gonna get eyebrow and ears again and I already got these done." He lifted his shirt up to show her his new piercings on his nipples. "Don't know how much further I'll go after that."

Rachel: "Nice," she shook her head, shooting a smirk before going back to the clothes, "I've passed on those. Needles... nipples... not something I see going well together, not having a healing factor and all."

Christopher: "Heh yeah when it comes to piercings I'm not too scared. Anything I don't like will heal once I remove the piercing. Plus they're pretty interesting." He leaned back in the chair. "So when you think you can pencil me in?"

Rachel: "I'm sure they are." Rachel gave a shrug, "After I'm done moving? Well, not moving as in everything unpacked and put away, but after I get all my shit out of here and my dad's house."

Christopher: "Okay just let me know when. I might be going to Australia soon." He yawned a little and the stood up. "Well I think I'm gonna go to bed. If you need some help movin just ask."

Rachel: She nodded, "Sounds good and thanks. I'll try to get in touch with you as soon as I can."

Christopher: "Sweet deal." He headed for the door but stopped in the frame. "Have fun movin out." Then he headed off towards his room.
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

Awww - Rachel's leavin' :(
:hepz :kitty
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Pietro: Pietro eyed the decorations in the green house. What he really wanted was a cup of coffee and a lie down but he'd be damned if he was going back up to the house. If Rogue caught him trying to escape she'd probably hit him. That would hurt. He frowned and sat down on a chair.

Teagan: Teagan hung up the other end of a banner and waited for Rogue's approval for straightness and height. "I really can't believe she's leaving. Well, scratch that, I believe it, but I don't get it."

Pietro: Pietro looked up at Teagan, "Can't really stay here forever...." he told her, eyeing the banner.

Rogue: "She ain't goin' far... Just out ta tha city. Ah can get that." She put her hands on her hips and squinted her eyes as she looked at the banner. "That's good, Moon."

Pietro: "You know... Rachel doesn't seem the type to really appreciate this kind of surprise... or any kind of surprise for that matter..." He looked at Rogue, "Have you thought this through?"

Christopher: "Yeah I don't feel like gettin my brains fried or my next tatts fucked to hell cuz she didn't like this idea." Chris leaned up against one of the open spots on the wall.

Teagan: "Oh, please. She'll take it fine." Teagan dropped down the ladder and looked around. "Okay, so she's leaving to the city and we get to visit her whenever we want, right?"

Pietro: "Probably should call first..." Pietro held back a yawn. Yeah, coffee would be nice.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow, "Of course Ah thought it through. An' if she don't like it, she don't like it, but she knows we care this way. An' it's a small gatherin'. She wouldn't want a huge one anyhow." She grinned at Chris, "Then tell her Ah forced ya here. An' yeah, Teagan. Call her first."

Rogue: She looked around and gave a smile and a nod, "Looks good. Ah'm gonna go get 'er. Y'all hide, alright?"

Christopher: "Uhmm yeah hide.... anyone got some green paint?" He looked around for something big enough for him to hide behind.

Teagan: Teagan considered hiding herself in multiple places but decided dismembered body parts was more of a surprise than needed. "She does realize we're trying to surprise a telepath, right?"

Pietro: Pietro was sure Rachel would be able to tell they were in there before they knew she was coming but nodded along with the others anyway.

Pietro: He shrugged at Teagan, "Humour her?"

Rogue: "Ah'm still here, y'all." Rogue rolled her eyes, "What, y'all cain't shield?" She shook her head and headed out of the greenhouse to find Rachel.

Pietro: Pietro shrugged again. He'd never had to shield. He thought too fast - made telepaths hate trying to read his mind. He got to his feet and looked for somewhere to hide.

Christopher: "I don't know how well shielding will work against the girl who taught me how to...." He sat down behind a larger plant.

Pietro: "Don't think the teacher has a factor on how good it is..." Pietro told Chris, "At least not the way it got explained to me...." He ducked behind one of the tables.

Rachel: Rachel closed up a box with a sigh. That was the last box to be packed, and there wasn't many more of her stuff to be moved into the apartment. Looking around the room, she shook her head. It looked weird without all of the stuff...

Rogue: Rogue landed outside of Rachel's door and leaned against the jamb, "C'mon, Firefly. Y'all deserve a break. Ah'll cook ya somethin'."

Teagan: "I love how she can't read my mind." She hid behind a series of potted plants and decided she would play dead. Well more than usual.

Kitty: "Hey guys! I got here as fast as I could!" Kitty levitated up through the greenhouse floor. "Rachel almost here ye.... guys?" she asked looked around.

Pietro: "Rogue just went to get her..." Pietro lifted his head above the table, smiling at Kitty.

Rachel: "Something good?" she grinned, adding, "Not that I'm implying that anything you cook is bad..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and walked over to offer her a hand up, "Whatever y'all want, sugah. An' what y'all don't eat, Ah'll take ta Sam at work f'r lunch."

Rachel: "Sweet," Rachel grabbed her hand and followed her out of the room, "And, I guess awesome for Sam, too."

Rogue: "Ah'm sure he'll be real appreciative 'bout y'all gettin' full an' leavin' him somethin'." Rogue lead the way downstairs, "Hey, Ah wanna grab some fresh herbs from tha greenhouse real quick. Come an' help me?"

Kitty: "Ok, time to hide!" Kitty ducked behind a raised bed, grinning. Crouching, she peeked around the corner to keep her eye on door.

Rachel: "Yeah, sure, but I thought this was supposed to be a break. Didn't think I'd have to work for food," she stuck her tongue out.

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and bumped her shoulder into Rachel's lightly. "All ya gotta do is stand there with ya hands out an' Ah'll put tha herbs in 'em. Ah don't want much. Won't take longer'n five minutes, give'r take." She pushed out the back door and lifted into the air, "Ah never did get'cha ta fly like Ah swore Ah would. But then... Lots o' lost time what with y'all bein' kidnapped an' Sam gettin' deathly ill an' such."

Teagan: Teagan fidgeted behind the potted plants and frowned. Sure, she couldn't get numb or dead legs from sitting in a crouched position for a long time... but she could lose patience.

Rachel: "Fine, I guess," Rachel gave a nudge back, then shrugged, "Still not a fan of heights, so it worked out well for me."

Rogue: "One day, gal. Ah swear it. Ah'll get'cha ta hover'r somethin'." She landed again and pushed open the door to the greenhouse, "Oh hey, Rae? One more thing..."

Pietro: And the door was open. Pietro got up, "Surprise!"

Kitty: "SURPRISE!!"

Christopher: "Yup surprise." Don't fry!

Teagan: Teagan barreled throught he potted plants and shouted "SURPRISE! Hrruaaargh!"

Rachel: "Oh..." Rachel looked around the greenhouse, back to Rogue, then back into the greenhouse. A smirk eventually made it's way to her face, "This isn't for me, right?"

Kitty: Kitty lept over from her hiding place, laughing. "Who else?"

Pietro: Pietro moved out from behind the table, "Couldn't let you leave without saying goodbye."

Teagan: "Our favorite little Red Head!" She hugged Rachel and pulled at her hair a bit, in a teasing manner. "Even if you do change it all the time."

Rogue: Rogue gave Rachel a shit-eating grin, "'Course it's f'r y'all, darlin'!"

Rachel: Rachel returned the hug, "Thanks, but you guys really didn't have to..."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "I beg to differ." He pointed at Rogue.

Teagan: "Well, we didn't have to but we did, so suck it up." Teagan reached behind the plants and pulled out a box with a bow on it. The box was clearly a toaster. "I got you something!" She smirked.

Teagan: "A house warming gift! You can now make duel with your arch-nemesis each morning!"

Christopher: "Yeah I remember something about a southern ass woopin if we didn't show up."

Kitty: "We didn't do it because we had to," Kitty grinned.

Pietro: "I would have come anyway... but after coffee..." Pietro gave her a shrug, then grinned.

Rachel: "Really? That wasn't the impression I got," she glanced at the guys, then took the box and unwrapped it, "Oh, joy. Just what I need. Something to burn the new place down..."

Teagan: "Just a reminder that everyone has a weakness. Yours is toast." She smiled at her friend. Wow... is that sadness? Jeez. Way to get attached Tea...

Rogue: Rogue blinked at the present, "Well, let's hope this one don't try an' kill ya..."

Pietro: Pietro had the distinct feeling he was missing something here, "Maybe I should have Emma write you instructions?"

Rachel: "Yeah, I could go without a concussion," Rachel grinned, then glanced back at Rogue, "So, speaking of kitchen appliances, what about my food?"

Rogue: Rogue nodded her head to the corner where there was a table set up with various sandwiches, snacks, drinks, and cake. "Help y'rself, sugah."

Rachel: "Awesome," she moved to grab some snacks, still grinning, "With all this, you'd think I was moving, like, across the country or something."

Kitty: "Come on!" Kitty nudged Rachel towards the table faster. "I'll pour, what's everybody having?" She started uncapping the sodas.

Pietro: "Something with caffeine in it." Pietro replied, taking a seat again, "Thanks...." he added.

Rachel: "Yeah, I second that."

Kitty: "Coming right up!" Kitty scooped ice into the plastic cups and grabbed the Coca-Cola. There were still fizzing when she handed them over. "How about you Rogue?"

Rogue: "Dr Pepper, sugah." She looped her arm through Rachel's, "Hey, all mah best friend's stuck 'round tha mansion. This is a big deal f'r me, 'kay?"

Pietro: Pietro smiled at Kitty and sipped the drink. Not as good as coffee but it'd do.

Kitty: She picked up a different bottle and poured for Rogue. Handing her drink to her, she turnd to Teagan. "Um.. Teagan - you drink? I mean - do you... would you like a drink?"

Teagan: Teagan drank water and shrugged. "If no one's gonna say it, I will..." She raised her cup and held it high over her head. "To Rachel. A truer friend cannot be found. To a true X-Man, a true-blue best buddy, and to many fond memories of early mornings with her crabby attitude and horrible bed-head!"

Pietro: Pietro laughed and raised his drink too.

Kitty: "To Rachel!" Kitty tried to get her embarassed blush under control and raised her Sprite up.

Rachel: "I'm going to be about twenty minutes away. It's not that big of a deal." Rachel took the cup with a thanks and rolled her eyes at the toast but raised her drink, "Oh, thanks. I'm so glad my bed-head is what you'll remember about me."

Pietro: "I'll be remembering kicking your ass at every computer game you taught me to play." He gave her a grin.

Rachel: "Hey, I so won before you got the hang of it..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and shook her head, "But ya cain't say ya ain't a little pleased that we think it's a big enough deal ta surprise ya, right?"

Pietro: "And after I got the hang of it you resorted to cheating with icecream." Pietro reminded her, "Which is just childish." he took another sip of his drink.

Kitty: Kitty watched the banter. "The thing that will stick out in my mind is watching you pierce Chris's tongue!" She shivered at the memory a moment, then eyed the cake longingly.

Teagan: "I think helping rescue me is going to stand out as one of my favorite memories. That and the training to block out the dead voices. Wow, that sounds crazy when you say it aloud. You must think I'm nuts!"

Rachel: "I have no idea what you're talking about," she shot Pietro an innocent look, then grinned at Kitty and poked her tongue out to show her own piercing, "Yeah, guess we both got something we didn't expect out of that.."

Pietro: "The thought had crossed my mind, more than once..." Pietro shot Teagan a grin. He laughed at Rachel's response, "Yeah, of course you don't."

Rachel: "Not any more insane than anyone else here," she shrugged and glanced over at Rogue, "And, yeah, a party to boost my ego is just what I need."

Kitty: "Well, let's give you a sugar rush to go with your ego boost," Kitty answered, taking the knife and cutting the cake. "Hand me a plate, please?"

Rachel: Rachel reached for a plate and gave it to Kitty, "Oh, cool. Cake. If I would've known people would feed me for moving, I would've done it a while ago..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Ah feed ya anyway."

Rachel: "Well, not often enough. Every time I saw Remy, he told me I was skin and bones," she rolled her eyes.

Kitty: "Maybe you can bribe Rogue to go over to your new place and cook for you there." Kitty put the cake on the plate and handed it back.

Rogue: "Aww, Remy's just sayin't that 'cause it's what Tante'd say if she saw ya."

Pietro: "Oh there's a thought, if you're not too far away from where I live, I could probably convince Emma to bring you food too - she really likes cooking."

Kitty: "See? You got two people willing to cook. At least we know you and Josh won't starve to death," she joked cutting more cake and handing it out.

Pietro: Pietro accepted his slice of cake with a smile and set his drink to one side so he could eat it.

Rachel: Rachel took the plate back and grinned, "Yeah, I like those ideas. Sounds much better than the places Josh and I would have on speed dial."

Pietro: "Yeah if you mean fast food I'm afraid Emma would consider that worse than starving. She doesn't count it as real food...." He gave Rachel a grin.

rachel: "Well, take out and pizza," she shrugged, "I guess I could live off peanut butter and jelly for the rest of my life, if I had to..."

Kitty: "If someone brought you some bread?" Kitty teased, licking some frosting off her fingers.

Pietro: Pietro laughed and shook his head, "Wow, seriously don't tell Emma that." He decided to try some cake.

rachel: Rachel snickered, "I'm sure Josh has to at least be good for grocery shopping."

Kitty: "And lifting heavy things and killing spiders..." Kitty nodded, eating a piece of cake thoughtfully going through her own personal list of 'must haves' in a significant others mentally.

Pietro: "You don't have to kill them, you know." Pietro put in, "Not their fault the wandered into the wrong house."

rachel: "Yeah, but squashing them involves less work."

Pietro: "Not if they're on the ceiling..." then he realised who he was talking to, "Oh yeah... teke..."

Kitty: "They wander into my house, it's the last mistake they will ever make." Kitty answered. "I have a step ladder and a fly swatter and I'm not afraid to use either one!"

Pietro: "Emma was rather fond of the vacuum cleaner... but I retrained her." Pietro nodded proudly, "She doesn't kill them anymore."

rachel: Rachel smirked, taking a bite of cake, "Fire's fun but only if you get just the spider..."

Pietro: "That's just cruel!" Pietro cried, "Poor spiders..." he shook his head.

Kitty: Kitty turned to Rachel. "Oh! Have you ever taken an hairspray can and a lighter??" Her eyes lit up a little. "Like a bug flamethrower!"

Pietro: "Evil." Pietro muttered.

rachel: "I've been tempted..."

Rogue: "Sam kills tha spiders f'r me. They're nasty," she shuddered.

Pietro: "I'm sure they think the same about people - especially the ones hitting them with fly swatters and setting them on fire."

Kitty: "Then you'd think they'd spread the word 'Stay outta that house!'" Kitty laughed, reaching for her Sprite. "The girl who lives there is crazy!"

Pietro: "They can't spread they word if they've been flattened or burnt to a crisp." Pietro reminded her, "Poor things."

rachel: "It sends a message to the rest," Rachel took another bite of cake.

Kitty: "One or two escaped with a limp," she nodded in agreement with Rachel.

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, "Evil," he said again, "And you seemed like such a nice girl." He looked at Kitty, "I'd expect it of Rachel, but not you."

Kitty: "I am a nice girl... unless you happen to be a spider!" she teased back.

rachel: "Glad to know I have a reputation for being evil."

Pietro: Pietro shot them both a grin.

Rogue: Rogue snickered and took a slice of cake for herself. "Darlin', ya shoulda known that a long time ago."

rachel: "I had some idea," she shrugged, "Guess you guys are stuck with Bobby for evilness after I leave."

Pietro: "And Darren," Pietro reminded her, picking up his coke again and putting the cake to one side.

Rogue: "Bobby ain't evil."

Rogue: She grinned, "Not if ya know how ta work tha puppy dog eyes."

Pietro: "Yeah some how I don't think that'd save me," Pietro said after taking a sip, "And if it did I'd be worried."

rachel: Rachel laughed, "I'm not sure I'd be surprised if it did work..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, also, "Nah, Bobby's a big softie. Especially f'r tha weak ones like yaself, Pietro."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Weak ones?"

Rogue: Rogue just gave him a shit eating grin in return.

Kitty: Kitty snorted her Sprite out her nose, laughing and coughing into a napkin.

rachel: Rachel continued to snicker, taking a bite of cake to cover having to reply.

Pietro: "I feel like I should be offended." He looked over at Kitty, "For that, I'm not helping you."

Rogue: "Nah, don't be offended by tha truth, sugah," Rogue was having trouble not laughing.

Kitty: It took several seconds to get her coughing and gigglig under control. "Help me with what?"

rachel: "Anything," she answered.

Pietro: "I don't have to come here to be insulted, you know - I can get that at home from Sophie." Speaking of, he was supposed to call and say he'd arrived at the school safely. Whoops. "Er... actually, one minute..." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and stepped outside.

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "Don't leave," she called after him, "or Ah'll hafta open a can o' Southern whoop-ass on ya!"

rachel: "At least I don't have to worry about that threat anymore," Rachel grinned.

Kitty: Kitty was still wracking her brain trying to figure out what Peitro was supposed to help her with.

Rogue: "Bullshit ya don't, gal. Ah can get ta ya house in record time if Ah fly. Five, ten minutes, tops."

rachel: "Yeah, but that gives me time to hide. It's harder when I have about five seconds."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "True enough. But ya gonna hafta make Josh hide with ya. He's easier ta break than y'all are."

rachel: "Yeah, no comment about that," she smirked.

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Now that part, Ah ain't gonna miss."

Pietro: Pietro rolled his eyes as Emma ranted in his ear about 'thought you'd been in an accident' and 'how could you forget?' and 'what do you mean party?' He shook his head, and reassurred her again that he was fine and being fed by someone almost as militant about it as she was before hanging up and stepping back into the greenhouse, stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

Kitty: Kitty finally got herself back under control as Pietro came back in. "But you have to promise to come back and visit us from time to time," she said to Rachel.

Rogue: "She's gonna do that anyway. She's gotta help me with tha weddin'."

Pietro: Pietro went to sit down again and picked up his cake.

rachel: "If you wanna see me that badly, you can come get a tattoo," Rachel grinned, "And yeah, wedding stuff... even though I don't see how I'm helpful with it since I didn't even plan my own wedding."

Pietro: "Yeah, no offence, but Rachel would be the last person I went to for anything that involved planning ahead." He grinned.

Kitty: She laughed again and ate another bite of cake.

Rogue: "Ya just make f'r good company. Y'all know Ah'm gonna do whatever Ah wanna do anyway, so you just get ta smile an' nod an' spend more time with me."

Pietro: "You can hire people for that, you know." Pietro said, managing to keep a straight face.

Rogue: "Hire people ta pretend ta be mah best friend?"

rachel: "Yeah, I don't think hired help would be half as amusing as me."

Pietro: He nodded, "Sure - I know plenty of people that do. It's kind of fun winding them up when they show up at three different parties with three different best friends."

Rogue: Rogue made a face, "But... Ah'd rather just have mah real best friend..."

Pietro: "Oh yeah, that's preferable but I'm just saying... you have options." He grinned.

Rogue: "Ah do. Bobby, Remy, Sam, an' Rae," she gave him a cheeky grin.

rachel: "I'm just the best choice next to Sam," she commented after finishing off her cake.

Kitty: "Why's that?"

Rogue: "Well... Remy's busy with Johnny an' work a lot... Bobby whines unless it's a cake tastin'... An' Sam... Well he just don't do that kind o' stuff. But he'd do it if Ah really wanted," she smiled softly.

Rogue: "'Cause Rae's got a big ego, that's why."

rachel: "'Cause I said so, and it's my party, so I'm right..." Rachel grinned, "That, too."

Pietro: Pietro laughed, "I like Rachel's reason. That's a good reason."

Kitty: Kitty hummed a few lines of "It's My Party" with a grin.

Rogue: Rogue grinned and started singing it softly as she danced a bit.

rachel: She shook her head, going for another cup of soda, "I'm gonna miss this place, and you all can come visit too. Don't think anyone's seen the place but Neena."

Pietro: Pietro felt like the party was missing something. This was likely because he'd spent the last couple of weeks living in a house with some very crazy people - one of whom he was almost certain was a pyromaniac. But it could also be that the party was missing something. Maybe music. Or alcohol.

Pietro: "If you want care packages from Emma hand over your address and I'm sure you'll be burried by food soon enough."

Rogue: Rogue put her hands on her hips and mock-glared, "Are ya sayin' that mah food ain't good 'nough f'r her?"

rachel: "Oh, I'll take both. I like all food."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "I'm not sure how you got there from that.... Emma likes to cook, figured I should at least offer."

Kitty: "Someone can cook for me," Kitty intervened with comical big brown puppy dog eyes. "I'm a thousand miles away from a home cooked meal."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes, "Y'all need ta lighten up, Pietro. Ah was teasin'." She grinned at Kitty, "Sugah, Ah practically live in tha kitchen when Ah ain't lovin' on Sam."

Pietro: "Never can tell with you." Pietro grinned at Rogue, "Although, speaking of home cooked meals, I was thinking I'd leave an open invitation for people to visit the house to give the staff something to do now... They're hideously bored.... I'm getting paranoid now that I can't keep an eye on them."

Rogue: "So fire 'em?"

Pietro: "Can't." Pietro frowned, "Dad's will gave them a job for life..." he shrugged, "I don't mind though, they're nice people and I can afford it."

Rogue: Rogue blinked, "Dad's will? Did y'all's daddy die?"

Kitty: "Wow! I want job security like that!" Kitty laughed, eye big again.

Pietro: "Yeah... and my mom, about a week ago..." He frowned, "It's fine..." he added quickly because he didn't want to talk about it or ruin the party.

Kitty: "A week ago? Oh... I'm sorry," Kitty said, suddenly subdued getting very interested in her cake again.

Rogue: "Oh... Ah'm so sorry. Ah know how hard that is." She gave his upper arm a gentle rub, not wanting to risk hugging. "Hey, cake's good f'r healin' wounds. Have a slice."

Pietro: "I'm fine, really..." He told them, "Didn't properly know either of them...." He didn't refuse more cake though. Cake was always welcome.

rachel: "I'll give you my parents."

Pietro: Pietro laughed, "Oh no thanks, one lot of drama is plenty for a lifetime."

Rogue: "Ah'd give ya mine, but Ah hafta share Bobby's since mine're both gone, too. An' Ah'm not too sure how keen he'd be on me offerin' up his parents like that. Or... At least his mom," she grinned.

Pietro: "It's fine, really..." Pietro managed not to roll his eyes, "Dealt with it already.... and it's Rachel's party."

rachel: "It's all good," she shrugged, "I don't really need a party anyway. It is nice though."

Jules: The doors to the Greenhouse swung open and Julie zipped in. Her hair was tied into a pony tail with a rainbow hair band and she was wearing a blue blouse with khaki pants. "What's going on here? Party? Who's birthday? Oh, hey Rachel!"

Pietro: "Hey Julie!" Pietro smiled at her.

Rogue: "Hey, Jules. Nah, it's Rae's goin' away party."

Jules: "What?!" Julie's face instantly changed from happy to terribly distressed. Tears began to swell in her eyes and she clenched at her breath. "You're... going?" She squeaked. "Oh my GOD, it's not my fault is it?"

rachel: "Hey," Rachel greeted, then blinked at the mood change, "Uh, no. I've been planning on it for a while..."

Pietro: Pietro blinked at Julie and reached to pat her on the shoulder.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow, "Well, that's what happens when people graduate usually... An' she's been graduated f'r a year already. Only reason Ah ain't gone yet is 'cause Ah'm waitin' on Sam ta finish. Part o' life, darlin'. An' she's only movin' ta tha city."

Jules: "Whaaat!? People leave?" Julie felt even worse now. She felt like it was all her fault. "I'm sorry to whoever's car I peed on, I really didn't mean to!" She looked to Rachel. Then she hugged Rachel. "I hope you have fun wherever you go and I will remember you as the most awesomest girl I ever almost stole money from, ever."

Rogue: Rogue made a face, "Y'all peed on a car? Gal that's disgustin'."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "You peed on a car?... What the hell happened while I was away?"

Rogue: "Ah also swear ta Gawd, if it was mine, y'all're gonna get a good dose o' what Ah'm like when mah temper flares."

rachel: "Yeah, I had to wait until Josh finished, then we got a sweet apartment from Ben. It worked out," she shrugged, then blinked again at the hug. "And, like Rogue said, I'll be in the city and still working at the tattoo shop..."

Rogue: "Sam's promised we can travel f'r a couple years'r so after he graduates. Try an' help me get tha urge ta run outta mah system."

Pietro: "That sounds good," Pietro smiled at Rogue, "I know all about the urge to run." He rolled his eyes, "It's a lot easier to settle when you're happy."

Jules: "I was drunk, it happens!" Julie shrugged. "Oh well, traveling is fun! But don't go far!" She wagged her finger at Rogue. "You're a good friend, and I like telling you my problems. You're like my life coach."

Pietro: Pietro eyed Julie, wondering just how drunk she had to be for that to seem like a good idea.

rachel: "Yeah, life coaching is something she's good at," Rachel smiled

Kitty: Kitty ate her cake, wondering how much a cover for her mustang would cost.

Jules: Julie was about to say something when she saw it. It was beautiful. To describe it, from Julie's perspective, would take at least a short novel in length, so to summarize, she saw the best looking cake she'd ever seen.

Jules: The soft, supple, moist, sugary goodness of the creme, placed and spread on the cake like.... frosting ecstasy. She felt herself melt a bit and her mouth begin to water. "Caaaake." She got a plate and got a nice slice (and a half) onto her plate. "Caaaaaaake." She whispered. She sat down and started eating, slowly, meticiously.

Pietro: Pietro watched Julie with a slightly bemused expression. Cake zombie....

Kitty: "She likes cake..." Kitty watched Julie courting the cake with a half amused, half worried expression.

Jules: Julie licked her fork with great lust and passion. "Mmmmmmm"

rachel: "I noticed," Rachel nodded.

Pietro: "Think I'm glad I wasn't between her and the cake..."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

rachel: Rachel made her way to Josh's room, walked in, and looked around. Pretty close to what her room looked like. She let out a sigh, "So, I guess we're pretty much done..."

Josh: Josh was sitting on the bare mattress. He bounced a little, listening to the familiar squeak of the springs for the last time. The final time. The words sounded so... final.

Josh: "I guess so," he said, standing and rolling his shoulders. He turned to Rachel with a bashful smile. "Kinda bittersweet, huh?"

rachel: "A little. I just keep telling myself that we won't be very far," she gave a shrug. "What do you wanna do now?"

Josh: "Be done moving," he grumbled. Then suggested, "Make out?"

rachel: Rachel gave a grin, "I think I can second both of those."

Josh: Josh laughed and leaned in to kiss her. "Okay. But first!" He turned around and swept a palm-sized digital camera off the window sill. "Let's go take pictures as mementos. We can pick up scrapbooking!"

rachel: She returned the kiss but paused at the camera, blinking, "As much as I love you, I don't know that I trust you with that..." Well, she supposed Cess had taken worse pictures of her, but still...

Josh: "Don't worry, if you're grimacing or got something in your eye in any of the pictures, we can put a mosaic over your face. These cameras are so high-tech, you can do it before even uploading it to your computer. So even if you look like the risen dead -"

rachel: "Oh, thanks," Rachel rolled her eyes, "Glad to know you'd happily cover my face. Where to first since you're the one with the camera?"

Josh: "I'm only trying to respect your female vanity. I don't pretend to understand it." He opened the door for her. "Uh, how 'bout left? Since I'm a social liberal and all."

rachel: "I'm not that vain, am I?" She walked with him down the hall, self-consciously raking her fingers through her hair. She couldn't be that bad. Weeell... maybe...

Josh: Josh threw his head back and laughed. "When will you learn?" he said, pulling her toward him with an arm. "I love you. I couldn't think of a flaw in you if I wanted to. If you are vain - which you're not - it's more than deserved."

rachel: Slipping an arm around him, Rachel reached for the camera with her other hand as she spoke, "Never? Learning's not my strong point." She shot him a grin, "I love you too."

Josh: "Okay, enough sap, I need to get into my zone. My photographer zone. Hmmm..." He tapped his chin, then pointed to a vase of lilies by a window. "Go stand next to the flowers."

rachel: "Really? Flowers?" she gave him a look but moved to stand by them anyway.

Josh: "Rae, it's pretty. Photos are supposed to be pretty. Except when they're not." He looked into the viewfinder and frowned. "Damn, you look all shadowy from the sunlight." He scooted to the left. "Okay... say 'I'm a closet fan of roses'!"

rachel: Rachel gave a smile, "I hate flowers."

Josh: "You're so cute when you hate." Click! "... Aw, look, it's so pretty! The sun is streaming in like a halo."

rachel: "Lemme see..." she moved to look over his shoulder at the picture, then up at him, "So, when do I get to play with the camera?"

Josh: "Since when do you like taking pictures? Or pretty things?" He stuck out his lower lip and scampered down the hall with the camera. "And when you say 'play,' are you sure you don't mean 'systematically disect and destroy'?"

rachel: "Well, you're a pretty thing, and I like you for some reason," Rachel stuck her tongue out at him as she followed, "And, I won't destroy it. If you have horrible pics of me, why can't I have any of you?"

Josh: "I'm more shiny than pretty. Guys don't care if put up horrible pictures of them. In fact, the more the merrier. Awkward, terrible photos prove you're macho. Plus, girls coo."

rachel: She rolled her eyes, "Because you really need girls cooing over you."

Josh: "Yep. Ooh, let's take a picture of the girls' bathroom!"

rachel: "Do we have to? We can't just take normal pictures?"

Josh: "Rae, don't you want to remember everything?"

rachel: "I'm pretty sure I can go without the bathroom, but what about the kitchen? Or the rec room? Ooh, or the closet in the rec room we got locked in. There's memories there."

Josh: "There's also brooms." But he sighed and gave in. "Here, you man the camera, then. Woman it, I mean. I'll pose like Adonis."

rachel: "I never said they were great memories." Rachel grinned as she took the camera and wrapped an arm around him, taking a quick picture, "That's all I wanted it for."

Josh: "Your finger's obscuring half the image."

rachel: She smirked, "I thought you looked better that way."

Josh: "Gee, thanks. You really aren't cute." He snapped a picture up her nostrils as she blinked. "Revenge shall be mine!"

rachel: Rachel stretched for the camera, fairly sure the next picture he snapped wasn't very flattering either, "I'll show you revenge!"

Josh: "Whoops!" he cried as he snapped another one. "Aw, dang, Rae, that one's looking right down your shirt-"

rachel: "You sound so disappointed about that," she rolled her eyes, finally getting her hands on the camera.

Josh: "Of course I'm gonna keep it for my private collection. All great artists have them, you know."

rachel: Snapping a picture, Rachel grinned at the result, "As long as it's not going in the scrapbook."

Josh: "Our private scrapbook. The one we keep locked in our desk. Where the kiddies can't get their hands on it."

rachel: She snorted, "Guess you'll have a lot of scrapbooking to do once we get moved in, then."

Josh: "Yeah, I wanna get one those enormous albums with the lacy edges that look like lingerie."

rachel: "Of course," Rachel went for another picture of the two of them, then gave the camera back for him to inspect it, "That one should be better. And, what's next since you're obviously the superior photographer?"

Josh: He grinned. "The kitchen!"

rachel: Once they'd made it to the kitchen, she went straight for the fridge and pulled out a soda before taking a seat on one of the counters, "I can't imagine what you'd want pictures of from in here. Well, maybe some of the scary stuff in the fridge. Evidence for when someone drops dead from poisoning."

Josh: "The kitchen is only dangerous when you're in it," he said, readying the camera. "You gonna chug that or something?"

rachel: Rachel eyed the can and shrugged, deciding not to comment on being dangerous. There was no arguing that point. "What do I get if I do?"

Josh: "A picture of me chugging root beer and cramming cheesy popcorn into my mouth at the same time."

rachel: "Yeah because I won't get to see that for the rest of my life." She popped open the can and started drinking anyway.

Josh: He snapped a couple photos. "Ooh, very sexy." Then he opened the door to the fridge. "Oh, man - who left an open milk carton in here for that long? Look, there's stuff growing on it." He took another photo.

rachel: "Ew. That's disgusting," Rachel pulled a face and tossed the can at the trashcan. "I vote we never let milk sit in our fridge that long."

Josh: "Agreed. There is a consensus. Between two people. Who are going to be sharing a fridge for a long, long time." He snapped a picture of the dishes in the sink, along with the pink penguin dishtowel. "Too bad there aren't still tomato sauce stains on the walls from your adventures in cooking."

rachel: "Yeah, it's also sad we don't have any of your deformed pancakes."

Josh: "More evidence of my artistic genius! Where to next, you decide."

rachel: "Rec room." Rachel led the way and flopped down on the couch, closing her eyes for a few moments.

Josh: Josh wandered over to the entertainment center. "I'm gonna miss this place. Look at the DVD collection. Mine doesn't begin to compare."

rachel: "I think I'm going to miss my friends more than the DVDs and video games," she sighed, "It's going to be weird living without everyone."

Josh: "That, too..." Josh raked his fingers through his hair, settling next to Rachel on the edge of the couch. "Also, the friends that we lost..."

rachel: Scooting over, Rachel leaned against him and laid her head on his shoulder, "Yeah, but on the bright side... less drama and, hopefully, no kidnappings."

Josh: "You really think we can escape all that? Just by leaving here? There a curse on this place or something?"

rachel: "Sometimes I have to wonder..." she gave a slight shrug and looked up to him, "But, yeah, I do. We're, like, the most uninteresting people ever."

rachel: Rachel managed a smirk, adding, "Plus, who would want you besides me?"

Josh: "You move things with your mind and I'm gold. And can heal people. Yeah, Rae, we're Mr. and Mrs. Kravitz." He tapped her knees. "But, no, there's no one I want besides you and Kate Hudson."

rachel: "Well, I'm glad I got you before she did," Rachel smiled and grabbed one of his hands, "I'm pretty sure we'll be fine."

Josh: "Yeah, we'll be fine. If we're ever abducted by aliens with gigantic ray guns, we can always sell the children to pay ransom."

rachel: "I'm not sure aliens would take imaginary children..."

Josh: "They're aliens - we can tell them Earthling children are invisible until they hit puberty -"

rachel: "Sounds good to me." Rachel sighed and looked around the room, "Think we should stop sitting around, so we can go unpack?"

Josh: Josh let out a long sigh. "Yeah, you're probably right. Time to be productive. I want to take some pictures of the grounds, though, before we leave."

rachel: "Okay," she nodded, forcing herself to get up. "Guess I want pictures from when we say bye to everyone..." That bittersweet feeling he'd mentioned before was definitely back at the thought of saying bye.

Josh: "Ugh, there's nothing I hate more than group pictures. They take forever, and at least one person's always blinking, or making a weird face, and then you have to take it all over again."

rachel: "I never said they have to be good pictures."

Josh: "'Kay, pictures of everyone's knees and elbows, coming right up."