3/12 Instance: Mrs. Freeze

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the day after Power Surge

Rogue: Rogue pulled the souffle out of the oven and moved to put it on a platter, then the platter on a tray that was already loaded with milk, two glasses, and two forks. She grabbed a couple of napkins and checked the tray over to make sure she had everything and then went in a search of her best friend. She would start at his class room, then work through to his bedroom, then the garage. And then the rest of the mansion.

Bobby: Bobby was in the makeshift gymnasium set up in the ballroom to somewhat remediate the loss of the Danger Room. He was working out, after a fashion, but you'd never know it to look at him, since he sat Indian style in a small pink childrens' wading pool.

Rogue: Rogue poked her head in the garage and frowned when he wasn't there working on his truck. Ok, where else would Bobby be? He wasn't in the recroom as she went through earlier - where she'd nearly gotten tackled for her souffle - and he wasn't out on the lawn judging by looking through windows as she went down the halls... She would just have to stop at the bottom and work her way up then...

Bobby: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." Bobby was willing to try anything at this point. He was sweating, forchrissakes! And that was never good.

Rogue: Rogue pushed into the gym, souffle probably cold by now, and paused at the sight of Bobby in a kiddie pool. Well, at least she'd found him... "Yeah, that never worked f'r me..."

Bobby: "But it worked for the little engine that could, so goddamnit, childhood lied to me!" Bobby shuffled in the pool, opening his eyes to look up at Rogue. After Laura, he'd at least learned to not do this naked.

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Hey it lied ta me, too." She moved over and set the tray on a bench then went to squat by the pool and look from the water up to his face, "An' what is it that y'all're thinkin' ya can'r can't do, anyhow?" She kept her gloved hands tucked between her legs, resisting the urge to pull one off and dip a finger in the water just to see how cold it was. Could never tell by Bobby's skin. No goosepimples on him.

Bobby: "Bastards." He sighed. "Oh.... nothing?" It wasn't that he didn't want her to know what he was doing, more that he didn't know how to explain it. His eyes slid past her to the tray, his eyebrows lifted and he looked back to her, one eyebrow remaining in its questioning hover.

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Such is life, right?" She blinked at him, "Nothin'? Darlin'... What's goin' on?" She turned to follow his gaze to the tray, "Oh! Ah brought food..." A bribe really, but she wasn't going to say that to a teacher where security cameras were lurking.

Bobby: Bobby made a noncommital grunt at her pessimism. "So I see with the food. And it's even soofell! I figured it was a mid-afternoon delight for you and Sammy-boy."

Rogue: She frowned as he ignored her question but brushed it off for now and went to grab a towel for him, "Nah... He's in class. Wanna hop out an' we'll split it?"

Bobby: "Oooooh, for me?" Eh, he supposed he could use a break anyway. Bobby stood and evaporated the water on his skin as he stepped out, already dry. He grinned at Rogue and her towel.

Rogue: Oh yeah. Rogue rolled her eyes and tossed the towel to the side, "Yeah, f'r y'all. Might be cold though... Looked all over f'r ya."

Bobby: "Eh, we all know I'm okay with a little cold." He gave her a toothy grin and straddled a bench, running a hand through his hair to smooth it back. It fell right back into his eyes, as usual. "So!" Bobby gave her a sly grin. "This in anticipation of my lecture on skipping classes?"

Rogue: "No... Hoped Ah'd be able ta avoid that, actually..." She waved a hand at the milk, "Mind coolin' that off some, sugah?"

Bobby: Bobby concentrated for a moment and frost grew across the surface of the glasses. "Ahhh, avoidance. Our most popular method of coping with adversity at Xavier's." He winked to take the edge off his comment.

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip and poured the milk then passed him a fork. "Yeah, just like y'all avoided mah question a minute ago?" She smirked and picked up her own fork.

Bobby: "Hey, I wasn't excluding myself, babe." He grinned and picked up the other fork, not waiting to dig in and grab himself a bite. Mmmm, though he wasn't going to tell Lorna any time soon, Rogue's was way better than their experiments.

Rogue: "Just makin' sure." She took a bite and studied the tines of her fork after she'd taken it out of her mouth, licking off the excess. After what felt like a rather long silence, she looked up at him again, "Ok, Ah don't want a lecture 'bout skippin' y'all's class, but Ah did come here ta tell ya why."

Bobby: "Oh, so we're debating the terms of your surrender?" He smirked and took another large bite.

Rogue: "Ah'll never surrender! Y'all'll never catch me alive!" She grinned and took another bite. "Unless ya promise me lovely lovely things."

Bobby: Bobby laughed. "Like an A?"

Rogue: "That could be one o' those things..." She grinned cheekily at him around her fork as she took another bite.

Bobby: "Thought so." He carved off another chunk and took a slurp of milk, straightening his necklace against his collarbone.

Rogue: "Hey, Ah only said could be. Could offer me other stuff too."

Bobby: "Well... I could." He made sure he didn't have chocolate on his teeth before flashing her a dirty grin. "But I'd probably get fired for it."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Aww, but it'd be no different from b'fore ya were hired... They cain't expect ya ta change ya relationships, right?" She gave him a pouting face on top of her huge green puppy eyes. "Right?"

Bobby: "Right." He had to laugh at the puppy eyes. "So." Bobby took another bite and drink, studying her while he did so. "What's up, doc?"

Rogue: Rogue stared at him for a moment, weighing her options mentally about how to tell him. She probably should have done that before she came to find him, but then she would have chickened out. "Well, hopefully Hank's not broken doctor/patient confidentiality so ya wouldn'ta heard from someone else first..."

Bobby: Bobby choked slightly, eyes widening as he looked at her in confusion.

Rogue: Rogue faltered at his reaction. "Um... Y'all ok?"

Bobby: "I'm fine," he coughed, recovering and wiping his mouth with his free hand. "But... are you? Doctor/patient confidentiality...?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "Am Ah... What?" She wanted to know if he'd guess it or not.

Bobby: Well, wait... Bobby stared at her again for a long moment. "You haven't been hacking, sneezing or otherwise looking -- well, like Jay -- so I'm guessing not Legacy." His eyes widened. "Oh my God. You're pregnant!"

Rogue: Rogue's eyes widened with his, eyebrows going up as well, "Ah'm what?"

Bobby: Well, that wasn't a happy positive response. "Ooooor not." He took another bite to cover while he thought about what the fuck else could be up with her.

Rogue: Rogue frowned and looked down at the souffle. Part of her wished she was... That would be a much happier thing to deal with. But that wasn't possible anymore. Again. "Ah absorbed Miranda. An' Nori. Had ta give her CPR too... She dove inta tha pool an' hit me."

Bobby: "Oh?" He tilted his head, tapping the fork against his thigh. "So you're still all floaty and able to kick my ass, huh? So I should watch out. Sam talk you out of repatching?"

Rogue: "Yeah, guess so." She chewed her lip, "Nah, he didn't." Rogue stabbed a bit of the souffle and played with it on the platter, watching that instead of Bobby, "Mah powers went inta overdrive. Tha patch don't work anymore..."

Bobby: "Oh." Bobby was quiet for a moment at that. "Overdrive... what does that mean?"

Rogue: "Anna used tha analogy o' bein' like a rechargable battery... Ya don't use 'em f'r f'rever an' one day, ya need 'em again so ya go an' recharge 'em... Sometimes they f'rget how ta hold that charge an' other times, they blow up. Overcharge." She sighed, "Means mah powers blew up kinda... They short circuited tha patch Ah guess."

Bobby: "Oh." Wait, he'd already said that. He took another bite, chewing slowly while he had a little internal debate. Yeah, needed to be said. "Well... Maybe it's a good thing." Bobby watched her to gauge her reaction to that.

Rogue: Rogue winced and turned her head away from him, "Figured y'all'd say somethin' like that. Why do ya think Ah've been skippin' y'all's classes? Didn't really wanna hear that with everybody 'round." She put her fork down and turned to face out from the bench, leaning over onto her knees.

Bobby: "That's why you've been skipping?" He was surprised - and surprisingly offended.

Rogue: "Well Ah ain't pregnant."

Bobby: "Well, I wouldn't say that... I mean, not like that, not in front of everybody... I know it's not what you want to hear."

Rogue: Rogue let her head fall and she took a deep breath, bringing her hands up to stuff in her hair at the roots, fingers lightly gripping at them. "No. it ain't what Ah wanna hear. But y'all think it needs ta be said." She gave a bitter laugh, "Y'all're becomin' more like a teacher every day, Drake."

Bobby: "I know that's not a compliment..." He got up and moved around the bench, crouching beside her and placing his hand on her arm. "I'm not saying it to be a bastard... just that I dunno... you're this way for a reason, even if you don't get it now."

Rogue: Rogue barely resisted pulling her arm away, but she couldn't help the flinch. How easy for her to fall back to that... She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Ah'm a joke, Bobby. An experiment maybe. God decided he'd use me ta figure out how long a person can go without human contact 'fore goin' insane. That's tha only reason Ah can ever think of. Ah mean, He gives me back Sam an' then takes away mah ability ta touch him?"

Bobby: "Nahhh." Bobby sighed, rubbing her arm until she stopped flinching from him. "Okay. The thing with Sam is easiest -- you could touch him before, so you just have to reconstruct that."

Rogue: "Ah don't even know if Ah can touch him'r not... Ah've been too scared ta try. Made mahself a pallet on tha floor o' our room." She looked over at him, "Bobby, if mah power's on overdrive, how easy would it be f'r it ta be stronger in rippin' away energy from people? How easy would it be f'r someone ta get put in a coma? Ah ain't willin' ta risk him like that."

Bobby: He chewed his lip. "Well, you could always risk me - check it out."

Rogue: "Y'all've never had any kinda bad reaction ta mah powers though. So what good would that be?"

Bobby: He shrugged. She had a point. But... "Well, maybe it'd drain off some of your overcharge then? I don't know, Anna. I'm just... well, I'm trying to think of ways to help, babe." Bobby dipped his head to make eye contact. "You seem to think I get some kick out of this, or think you deserve this, but I don't."

Rogue: Rogue had to think for a moment and stop herself from looking around when he used her name. it'd been a long time since she'd heard it. Especially since she was avoiding Remy like the plague. She met his eyes for a moment then lowered hers, "Why wouldn't ya think that? Ah do. Seems only fittin' f'r someone ta agree with me."

Bobby: He just rolled his eyes at that, and held his bare hand up for her to take. If nothing else, his memories would give her something else to gripe about. Besides, it would probably do her good to realize not everyone was afraid of her.

Rogue: Rogue sat up a bit and stared at his hand for a moment then looked back at his face, "Bobby... What good's that gonna do? Ah nearly put Miranda in a coma an' 'bout killed Nori. One more freaked out psyche in mah head is tha last thing Ah need..."

Bobby: "Prove what it's always proved - that you're not as deadly as you think, and that maybe, maybe, maybe you can figure this thing out. I'd help you, like I've always said I would, and you know Sam would too."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip, just watching him for a moment, "An' what happens when Ah touch him an' he goes inta a coma like Cody? He's still not awake, ya know? Eleven years later."

Rogue: She hesitated for a moment and slowly pulled one of her gloves off, but didn't take his hand yet, "Ya gonna tell me what happened an' what ya were tryin' ta do when Ah came in so'z Ah ain't caught off guard?"

Bobby: "You can't always be afraid." He waggled his fingers and shrugged. "Just trying to figure out a few things with my powers. They've been wonky since I woke up."

Rogue: "They were gone when ya woke up, Bugs." She screwed up her face and fisted her bare hand for a moment, holding her breath as she watched his fingers. Rogue let it all out in a rush of air, "Fine." She held her hand part way to him, but didn't take it. She wanted it to be his decision to finish it since she'd already forcefully taken from Miri and Nori.

Bobby: "Fahne," he mocked her accent, closing the distance and taking her hand. For a moment, it was as it always was - just holding hands. But then things went terribly wrong.

Bobby: "Fuck!" His fingers closed convulsively around her hand, his eyes rolling back into his head.

Rogue: Rogue let out a scream of surprise, forgetting for a moment that she should make him let go of her as he fell backwards. She moved to catch him and quickly jerked her bare hand away as it touched him again. Why did he have to be nearly naked?! She shifted to sit on the floor, pillowing his head in her lap as she pulled her glove back on, fighting at the tears starting to fill her eyes.

Rogue: He was the one who was supposed to not be hurt by her... She closed her eyes and focused to make sure she didn't accidentally shift to ice with him touching her, and reached down to lay her hands on his chest, reassured by the heartbeat she felt through the gloves. "Bobby, please wake up..."
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Poor rogue ;-;

Chris: *buys her a nice pair of new gloves cuz he feels bad for her*
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)