Awesome quotes

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Awesome quotes

Post by german_gremlin »

Hey got an idea...I have found some good quotes from old and new t.v. shows and I wanna share. And you can 2!

Freakazoid: Please, please, leave me alone. I'll give you anything, anything you want, if you'll just go away. How about the just-written script of Batman IV?
Fan Boy: Plucked it off the internet last night.
Freakazoid: An autographed picture of Stan Lee?
Fan Boy: Who's that?
Freakazoid: No idea. How about your very own Harlan Ellison?

[Edited on 14/4/08 by german_gremlin]
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Sunspot
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Official Transformers Geek
Nightscrawlearth Character: Deadpool. Sort of.

Awesome quotes

Post by Sunspot »

I can't remember the exact lines, but it went something like this:

Waspinator: Why do you talk to yourself, Megatron?
Megatron: I enjoy having an intelligent conversation now and then.
* Sunspot turns on his webcam to look smug while making fun of people.
<Sunspot> There's two things I do well. make fun of people and look smug while doing it.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Awesome quotes

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Arthur: You know, it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
Ford: Why, what did she tell you?
Arthur: I don't know, I didn't listen.

Aaaaaand:

"Why on Golgafrincham should I want to do that?" he asked.
"To get information out of them, sir! To find out why they came here!"
"Oh no, no, no," said the Captain. "I expect they just dropped in for a quick jynnan tonnyx, don't you?"
"But they're my prisoners! I must interrogate them!"
The Captain looked at them doubtfully.
"Oh all right," he said, "if you must. Ask them what they want to drink."
A hard cold gleam came into Number Two's eyes. He advanced slowly on Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent.
"All right, you scum," he growled, "you vermin..." He jabbed Ford with the Kill-O-Zap gun.
"Steady on, Number Two," admonished the Captain gently.
"What do you want to drink?!!" Number Two screamed.
"Well the jynnan tonnyx sounds very nice to me," said Ford. "What about you, Arthur?"
Arthur blinked.
"What? Oh, er, yes," he said.
"With ice or without?!" bellowed Number Two.
Oh, with, please," said Ford.
"Lemon??!!"
"Yes, please," said Ford, "and do you have any of those little biscuits? You know, the cheesey ones?"
"I'm asking the questions!!!!" howled Number Two, his body shaking with apoplectic fury.
--Restaurant @ The End of the Universe

He picked up the letter Q and hurled it into a distant privet bush where it hit a young rabbit. The rabbit hurtled off in terror and didn't stop till it was set upon and eaten by a fox which choked on one of its bones and died on the bank of a stream which subsequently washed it away.
During the following weeks Ford Prefect swallowed his pride and struck up a relationship with a girl who had been a personnel officer on Golgafrincham, and he was terribly upset when she suddenly passed away as a result of drinking water from a pool that had been polluted by the body of a dead fox. The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush.
--The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Awesome quotes

Post by JSherlock »

Not a TV show but awesome all the same:

You decided to prepare today for an event that starts tonight? We in the Customer Service Industry have a saying for that: Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Awesome quotes

Post by german_gremlin »

Billy: Why, Grim? Why do the good die young?
Grim: Well, usually because I get confused

Billy's Dad: My name's not Dad, its MO-GARR!!

"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Awesome quotes

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Cosmo: I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, I find a nickel named Philip
Wanda: What's the bad news?
Cosmo: It's a girl nickel!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Awesome quotes

Post by german_gremlin »

Holy crap!!! I love that quote.

Timmy: Anymore good news, nickle-boy?
Cosmo: My nickel!!!
GreenLanternGrl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Awesome quotes

Post by GreenLanternGrl »

Wanda: Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo: But three rights make a left, and now it's time for the show!

:D
* GreenLanternGrl gets defensive of star
no one touches star
-.-
Awwww
* sage huggles star
* Josh touches star...
* Starfish is huggled and touched
* rachel glomps Star
o.o
and glomped
stop all that touching!
xD
Hee
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Awesome quotes

Post by Esynthia »

Originally posted by Bamfing_Bob
Cosmo: I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, I find a nickel named Philip
that is my all time *favorite* fairly oddparents quote.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Awesome quotes

Post by Elfdame »

All I know is OLD tv (like me, ha ha), so here goes:

On "Get Smart," there was a running joke where one of them would say, "Don't tell me [whatever bad situation existed,]" and the other would say, [confirms bad situation] and Don Adams (Maxwell Smart) would say, "I asked you not to tell me that."

Guess you had to be there. But we used that line *all the time* in my family.

I'll add more if I think of any ... right now I'm migraining and probably should NOT be staring at a monitor......
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Awesome quotes

Post by german_gremlin »

Cosmo: Hi, Timmy! Look, I'm a lawyer! (changes into a fireman) Now I'm a fireman! Whee!

Wreck-Gar: Kemosabes Rodimus and Ultra Magnus, you are in danger of being cancelled or losing your time slot.
Ultra Magnus: What did he say?
Rodimus Prime: We're gonna get killed.

Megatron: [charging into battle] SHOW NO MERCY!
Starscream: [sarcastically] Did we ever?
Dämon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Awesome quotes

Post by Dämon »

Originally posted by Bamfing_Bob
Oh my dear Lord I LOVE THIS QUOTE!!! I say it every time I find a nickel! (Sadly, no joke!):
"I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know." -J.R.R. Tolkein
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Awesome quotes

Post by german_gremlin »

"Hi. I'm Timmy. I have a short attention span and..." (he walks away) - Timmy Turner.

Ray: "Listen! You smell something?" (Ghostbusters uh..one er two..can't remember..crap.)
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Awesome quotes

Post by Esynthia »

Originally posted by Elfdame
On "Get Smart," there was a running joke where one of them would say, "Don't tell me [whatever bad situation existed,]" and the other would say, [confirms bad situation] and Don Adams (Maxwell Smart) would say, "I asked you not to tell me that."
DUDE! I *LOVE* Get Smart! that used to be one of my fav tv shows!!! you know they're making a movie of it right?

also... I say that Cosmo thing when I find nickles too... or just randomly sometimes :shifty
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Awesome quotes

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Best Chapter in Any Book Ever:

The Total Perspective Vortex derives its picture of the whole Universe on the principle of extrapolated matter analyses.
To explain - since every piece of matter in the Universe is in some way affected by every other piece of matter in the Universe, it is in theory possible to extrapolate the whole of creation - every sun, every planet, their orbits, their composition and their economic and social history from, say, one small piece of fairy cake.
The man who invented the Total Perspective Vortex did so basically in order to annoy his wife.
Trin Tragula - for that was his name - was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.
And she would nag him incessantly about the utterly inordinate amount of time he spent staring out into space, or mulling over the mechanics of safety pins, or doing spectrographic analyses of pieces of fairy cake.
"Have some sense of proportion!" she would say, sometimes as often as thirty-eight times in a single day.
And so he built the Total Perspective Vortex - just to show her.
And into one end he plugged the whole of reality as extrapolated from a piece of fairy cake, and into the other end he plugged his wife: so that when he turned it on she saw in one instant the whole infinity of creation and herself in relation to it.
To Trin Tragula's horror, the shock completely annihilated her brain; but to his satisfaction he realized that he had proved conclusively that if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.
The door of the Vortex swung open.
From his disembodied mind Gargravarr watched dejectedly. He had rather liked Zaphod Beeblebrox in a strange sort of way. He was clearly a man of many qualities, even if they were mostly bad ones.
He waited for him to flop forwards out of the box, as they all did.
Instead, he stepped out.
"Hi!" he said.
"Beeblebrox ..." gasped Gargravarr's mind in amazement.
"Could I have a drink please?" said Zaphod.
"You ... you ... have been in the Vortex?" stammered Gargravarr.
"You saw me, kid."
"And it was working?"
"Sure was."
"And you saw the whole infinity of creation?"
"Sure. Really neat place, you know that?"
Gargravarr's mind was reeling in astonishment. Had his body been with him it would have sat down heavily with its mouth hanging open.
"And you saw yourself," said Gargravarr, "in relation to it all?"
"Oh, yeah, yeah."
"But ... what did you experience?"
Zaphod shrugged smugly.
"It just told me what I knew all the time. I'm a really terrific and great guy. Didn't I tell you, baby, I'm Zaphod Beeblebrox!"
His gaze passed over the machinery which powered the vortex and suddenly stopped, startled.
He breathed heavily.
"Hey," he said, "is that really a piece of fairy cake?"
He ripped the small piece of confectionery from the sensors with which it was surrounded.
"If I told you how much I needed this," he said ravenously, "I wouldn't have time to eat it."
He ate it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Awesome quotes

Post by Elfdame »

A "Get Smart" movie? Details! They did one or two when the original cast were alive, but I am out of touch with modern culture so I have no idea who'd be cast.

Although I think Drew Barrymore would make a yummy "99."

But, so's I can keep this relatively on topic, great quote from Terry Pratchett [Discworld Series, _Witches Abroad_ p. 236 of the HarperCollins paperback]:
"It is a universal fact that any innocent comment made by any recently married young member of any work-force is and instant trigger for coarse merriment among his or her older and more cynical colleagues. This happens even if everyone concerned has nine legs and lives at the bottom of an ocean of ammonia on a huge cold planet. It's just one of those things."

or [from p. 108 of the same]:"The horrible dumpy one whose stomach had the resiliance and capacity of a galvanized water tank..." (I swear he doesn't know me, but it's a perfect description of yours truly.)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."