Gallery

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
GalacticAgent
Lubber
Lubber

Gallery

Post by GalacticAgent »

I'd like to ask a question without someone getting angry. Is the gallery history? The reason I'm asking is because http://www.officialdavecockrum.com is gone. While I know that the gallery is a privilege only available thru your hard work, it would be nice to go there occasionally. I have some of Dave's books but the illustrations in the gallery were so personal and you don't have to dust them off and they don't yellow with age. If there is a chance, I would like to encourage the reactivation of the gallery.
Thank you,
Jerry
I'll just jump up here on the rigging. You mean on top of everything else, this ship is rigged? Rumble, rumble. Stop that rumbling down there! Rumble
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Gallery

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I cannot speak for our technical admin, but to my knowledge, the gallery will be fixed, it just may take a while. It's on his list, though :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Gallery

Post by Technical Administrator »

The gallery is actually the project on which I am currently working; we've been having some problems bringing the gallery database over to the new host and upgrading it to support a new version of the gallery software. Right now I'm trying to convert the database manually, being very careful not to lose any files.

Integration with the our forum software also takes some work, due to the substantial lack of documentation for the XMB "bridge" and the fact that it does not work with our directory structure without custom coding.

In short, it's coming, and I'm only too painfully aware that it's been a long time in coming. The work, however, is unfortunately slow and tedious. Please bear with me.

Update: I've cut some corners in the interests of time; I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that I plan on ironing out all the bugs in the gallery over the weekend and opening it up for user access on Monday.

Thanks!
-Technical Administrator

[Edited on 29/6/2007 by Technical Administrator]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Gallery

Post by Angelique »

I'm glad to hear that. Now I have another reason to look forward to Monday!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
GalacticAgent
Lubber
Lubber

Gallery

Post by GalacticAgent »

Thank you. I really appreciate your hard work and though I don't understand any technical aspect of your task, I wish to give you deep heartfelt thanks for all the your time, hard work, devotion, and support.
Again, Thank you,
Jerry
I'll just jump up here on the rigging. You mean on top of everything else, this ship is rigged? Rumble, rumble. Stop that rumbling down there! Rumble