If Nightcrawler had been in the movie

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Was I the only one in the theater who, while watching the movie, kept putting Kurt in different scenes and such? If Kurt was in the movie, what do you think would've happened? I'd tell you my ideas, but my boyfriend is coming over and I got to head out. I'll post when I get back. Later!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think he'd be more useful than Angel and I don't see how his being in the movie would be that cost effective, considering Mystique was in it for a good forty minutes and all.. the makeup definitely cost less than the money they saved from Mystique and Cyclops' departures, so why couldn't he be in it? If only to even the odds a bit for the X-Men in the final battle or giving them some sense of divine purpose, I think he would've been really useful in this movie
x___bamf!
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x___bamf! »

I think he would have been really good in this movie. (probably alot of good action sequences and all)
But I think he isn't in this movie because the actor who played him (Alan Cumming) didn't want to do the 4 hours of makeup again.

I would have really liked to see what would have happened if Kurt went near that child (his name slips my mind completely) who takes away the mutants powers, and lost his (and his appearence of course). I'd love to see his reaction. And I would have liked to know if he would get the cure himself. -siiigh-
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

If Nightcrawler had been in the movie...I probably would have actually gone and seen it. I have more interest in Superman Returns...and I don't even like Superman...but that scene of him getting shot in the eye...EUEW...makes my skin crawl!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I thought I had commented on this before, but it was probably on XVerse. I really don't think Kurt would have done as well in this movie, only because there were so many new mutants he couldn't have had a major role. If he was in X3, we'd want him to steal the show as he did in X2, no? And I don't think he could have done that as it was written.

I think it was probably for the best; just a thought.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

They could have given a role though.. if you noticed, they gave Storm a moment to steal the spotlight at every chance they could get (it's too foggy? I think I can help with that!) so why not include him in the movie and give him some scenes where his character could shine? He could've just as easily teleported to save Warren Worthington Jr. as Angel (which is an odd enough scene already) or he could've helped to take out a bunch of the "Morlocks" on Alcatraz.. plus some interaction between him and Storm could have led to some pretty good scenes that could've given the movie more intrigue (not to mention give it a longer running time), but also add to his character so movie goers don't think Nightcrawler was just some blue, depressed, pious mutant..:bamf
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Originally posted by Nandireya
If Nightcrawler had been in the movie...I probably would have actually gone and seen it. I have more interest in Superman Returns...and I don't even like Superman...but that scene of him getting shot in the eye...EUEW...makes my skin crawl!
I feel the exact same way.

Personally, I'm glad he wasn't, if only because I'd have preferred not to see him get character raped with everyone else. Woe.
dourdan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by dourdan »

i think Angel was his replacement, there can be only one "innocent," "I'm don't know much about the world" kind of character. (of course with that said they REALLY screwed up with Angel's character development.)
Willow
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Willow »

Actually, Mr. Cumming himself had offered to crawl back into the stripey pants of the Incredible Nightcrawler, but the movie people said no. I agree with the character rape, but still, i'm a sad, sad fan and willing to succumb to almost anything just to see my favorite superheroes "in flesh" on screen.

saying that, when I realised Bryan Singer had signed off too, i decied not to pay a movie ticket's worth for the X3 flick. instead i've been meaning to rent it for about three months. maybe finally tomorrow. one of my pupils already ruined the ending for me today, so... :)
Jolinare
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jolinare »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
They could have given a role though.. if you noticed, they gave Storm a moment to steal the spotlight at every chance they could get (it's too foggy? I think I can help with that!) so why not include him in the movie and give him some scenes where his character could shine? He could've just as easily teleported to save Warren Worthington Jr. as Angel (which is an odd enough scene already) or he could've helped to take out a bunch of the "Morlocks" on Alcatraz.. plus some interaction between him and Storm could have led to some pretty good scenes that could've given the movie more intrigue (not to mention give it a longer running time), but also add to his character so movie goers don't think Nightcrawler was just some blue, depressed, pious mutant..:bamf
I quite agree. i'm afraid to say that in x-2 Kurt only has two character traits: german and catholic, and it would have been lovely to see him fleshed out. and shipping with storm. Or in fact, at all. I like seeing characters I like in the flesh too. thats the only reason why i ever watched x men evo, or indeed read the fanfiction.

Yes, he could've done everything angel did, with more character AND he would have been less emo about it. It's a shame about what they did with warrens character, asides from being pretty and angsty he was rendered pretty much pointless. In fact, that sums up X3 in a nut shell: very nice to look at, but not much to it.

no! if nightcrawler had been in x men 3...i would have bought the dvd by now.

[Edited on 14/5/2007 by Jolinare]
j
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

I was super unhappy when Nightcrawler didn't show up this time around. Then I was even more uphappy when I watched it a second time and realized that they didn't even mention Nightcrawler's not being there! I mean, they could have said something, like he'd gone to Germany, or was traveling on the lookout for young mutants.

And forget about there being too many blue characters! You can never have too many blue characters.

I think that if they had put him in, they could have brought out Nightcrawler's lighter side, and made the film a bit more funny. Some kick butt fight scenes, a beautifully spoken line here and there, I would have been content.
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

So WRITE the bloomin' screenplay already and post it on the Challenge. I really mean it. Who cares if you write one and think it's lame: we are all our own critics. I'd enjoy seeing your image, even if it is sketchy.

I want desperately to do it, but the house is in such disarray I barely have time to pop in here every few days and lurk.

Really. Please. write it and I'll make time to read it. How would YOU like to see NC on screen? [But don't use cruise ships, voodoo, sacrifices, or mercenary life, b/c I have dibs on those for MY backstory, heh heh. :D]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My friend and I tried to write X-Men four.

We got pretty far in the creative process before we realized that they had bungled and dropped the ball so bad with X-3 not following 2 or 1, that we sort of had nowhere to go.

That and we almost killed eachother over small things like Gambit and Moira.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Yeah, it would be hard to make an awesome script after that flop, if that's an apropriate word for it.

What would it be about, if they were to make a fourth one? I mean, I'd definitely bring back Nightcrawler, but what else?

(Edited because I had spelt 'definitely' wrong :D)

[Edited on 1/8/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Bryan Singer has expressed an interest in doing a fourth X-Men movie. He didn't say much about what he'd do, except that he'd drop Mags as the bad guy...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Amber-Night
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amber-Night »

So did I! When I was watching them at my 'I'm sorry but X-Men is for children' friends house i was asking my self where the heck id kurt? This movie needs substance! still pretty amazing though!
:D
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

First of all, Nightcrawler would've been more useful than Beast and Angel put together, and they could've left out the time they wasted on those backstories and characterization to put him in. (Not that I don't like those characters, but I'd much rather they'd used established characters whose backstories we already knew rather than trying to cram as many cameos as possible in!)

It would've been great to see HIS perspective on the whole "cure" thing. His cool head would've been great to tone down the anger that so many other characters had: rather than being angsty and all "I HATE THOSE HUMANS!!!" he would've been the calm, compassionate one who said... what was it? "I don't hate them. I pity them. You know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."

They ALREADY established him as the one character who could actually see things without getting angry about it... there was so much hatred in that movie. Plus, his reaction to Phoenix... he could've been like a balm for the sore spot the X-Men would develop, comforting them and helping them.

Instead they threw in Beast, who's got like, ten minutes to basically say, "I'm the mutant in the government and this is what the majority of the mutant community will think." And Angel, who tries to cut off his wings (actually, that was an awesome seen. Awesome, but unneccessary) and then whines about "I can't do this Daddy." Do we know enough about this character to care? NO!!! Nightcrawler, who we already know and have already related to, would've provided a refreshingly different perspective.

Sorry... X3 brings up major rantage in my soul.

(edited because i'd written in the wrong movie title! Oops!)

[Edited on 8/16/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

The third movie was just basically made to make the fans of each of those characters happy, and get their money. That's all. The more characters they crammed in, the more fans would come to watch the movie.
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

I actually enjoyed X-3, except that Kurt wasn't in it. The scene near the end of the big battle, where Logan struggles over to Jean and kills her because he knew he had to, impressed me.
In my head, I think Kurt was at that big battle, not fighting but rather saving as many innocent bystanders as he could, even though he totally exhausted himself by teleporting people to safety so many times. I even see him as witnessing Logan killing Jean. Obviously there was nothing he could do about that, as Jean could easily keep him from teleporting. But maybe he tried.
So why wasn't he there fighting beside the other X-Men? Maybe he had decided that his path was not to be part of the violence that's a necessary part of being an X-Man. I see him as deciding to stay at the School and help teach and counsel the students.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

actually he was nowhere near there. He was in the X-2 video game, where he stated he didn't want anything to do with violence anymore, so he left the x-men I think. Don't quote me on that, I haven't played the game. Not sure, but I think that was the reason they made up why NC wasn't in the third movie.
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

Yes, I read the same thing, based on a description of the video game. That's why I said "In my head". With all the inconsistencies to be found in the comics, not to mention inconsistency between the comics and the movies, I figure that I can make up my own preferred version of Kurt. After all, isn't that what fanwriters do all the time?