Summer 2007: Scott

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Post your summer fun here!

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

To: blind_insight@ hotmail.com
Subject: Sexy cowboys and topless beaches
----------------------------------------------------

Hey hot stuff, I’ll have ya know I want you to bring that cowboy hat back with you this fall. I can’t believe you had Megan do that, she musta been laughing her ass off the whole time.

Opened that attachment yet? Did you know they got topless beaches over here? You do now. ;^) And no, I didn’t have Alex take that, it was my aunt. We’ve been joggin every morning, and sta insegnandomi l'italiano! Amo la mia zia! Impressed? Yeah, well, she wrote that down for me. But I almost remembered it!

Hey, have you tried to call me from a different phone? I keep gettin calls from the States but when I pick up the line’s dead and the number’s blocked. It’s weird.

So what are you and Japh doin aside from posing and playin in the dirt?

I MISS YOU! X&O

Angelina

:love :love :love

To: drama_kween@ yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Sexy cowboys and topless beaches

------------------

Hey gorgeous!

I DID get those pictures. And DAMN. I'm really glad O-Chris (not my brother the other one) had Japh going over those figures - otherwise it would have gotten rather interesting. I miss you so much.

Megan just about bust a gut laughing so hard for mine - Japh and Chris kept wolf-whistling. Those ones I sent you were the least blurry. I bet Alex didn't take them - he would have my head on a silver platter - though I think we did kinda connect before you woke up.

I am bringing that hat back - just for you. I've been getting headaches this whole week pretty much everyday - just little ones you know? But still. ouch.

Japh's doing fine - he settled right in - though we had one mishap - Eany ate one of the calipers and OChris nearly killed her. But after we explained the nature of our mutations - it was cool.

How's all that family? Sounds like a lot of them and your Grandpa! Ok - you ARE the Mob. Maybe I shouldn't say that...I'm glad you're learning Italian. Is it hard?

No - I haven't called you - it's too expensive from my cell phone out here. Maybe it's your mom since it's blocked? anyway gotta go start the cooking fire - yes, I've been relegated to the kitchen. Just until my headache goes away though. I think it's the sun - it wasn't nearly so sunny in New York as it is here.

Japh and I are camping in a tent - it's a little bit of a squish since it's not the biggest tent - but it's better than sharing the RV with the newlyweds. It's pretty much like being back at school. So, not much to report - though eany DOES come back int he morning looking quite fat. What she eats - Idon't want to know as long as it isn't bones.

How's Italy? Where are you staying? Is it pretty, have you travelled? You need to go on a road trip or something with your aunt.

Anyway, I love you and miss you sorely,

Love Scott.
xoxox
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JSherlock »

Home Sweet Home BLOG

So - That's the excavation closed - everything is either dug back up, sent to museums or what-have you. All the paper work is done - even Japh's Mad Magazine fun on them. Turns out Other Chris wasn't that pissed about it. Megs and Crhis left a day early I've never seen them look so happy.

We're about to take off for NEBRASKA. And HOME! I can't wait. Damn. I've missed Dusty the most I think. I'm such a softie. But she was my first horse.

Japh is apprehensive about learning to ride a horse, I think. But he'll be fine mom will have him in hand the moment he sets foot in her truck. I miss her too, and Dad - but then, I guess I haven't lived with them for a long time now. It's rather weird. I hope they haven't turned my room into another tack room. Anyway - it'll be a lot more fun with the horses.

I can't wait to ride again. Heh - I KNOW I'm going to be stiff and sore for the first week - poor Japh! Luckily dad insisted on putting in the jacuzzi thing. Hot tub - whatever - it's heaven for sore muscles. I reckon Japh and I are going to be hitting that for a while. Man - I wonder who left their horses here. One time, Viggo Mortenson left his horse here - mom wouldn't stop grinning - she's such a sap. But he came back a few weeks later and took it away - missed the horse too much. I know how that is - if Xavier had proper facilities I'd drive Dusty back with me. But she's getting old, so I guess that wouldn't be fair to her.

Anyway, gotta go - we're taxiing out onto the runway and the Flight attendant is giving me dirty looks.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JSherlock »

My birthday's coming up - I just want to spend it quietly, I think, though mom wants to throw a big party. Maybe just the ranch hands. I don't really want to see any of my old 'friends' from back here. They all think I'm still blind, and I don't want to tell them anything.

But those classes! WOW. Talk about hard-core. They ALL sound intensive.

But I picked all my classes:

Advanced Mutant Physiology Dr. McCoy

Bio Chemistry Dr. McCoy

Field Medicine and First Aid Annie

Physical Health Srg. Rankin

Military and Strategic Studies Srg. Rankin

Setting and Achieving Goals and Other Life Management Skills Bishop (thanks mom)

Comparative Religions Fr. Wagner (He's coming back! I hope he's ok now.)

Intro to Movement : Classical to Present Professor Howlett

So, what else is everyone taking? Japh's still deciding but he was cracking jokes about Howlett's class.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

[Summers] Scott dialed the number he’d found listed on the school’s website. “Can’t believe they have links to our myspaces on there,” he muttered to himself.

[Dr.McCoy] Hank McCoy paused the Moulin Rouge DVD playing on his laptop and hoisted himself from his office sofa. The phone was actually ringing. Amazing! Minding the school phones was terribly dull over the summer.

[Dr.McCoy] He frowned a bit when he saw it was his private office line ringing. "Xavier's -- McCoy speaking. What's your pleasure?" There. Hardly professional... but that put a little flair into the day!

[Summers] “Er…Dr. McCoy?” Scott asked. He sounds just as flaming as professor Howlett. “Um…I had some questions about your new class – the mutant physiology one.” He twisted the phone cord, wondering how to put his questions.

[Dr.McCoy] "Oh! Mr. Sum-aah -- Scott!" He had to stop calling all the students by their last names. It just wasn't friendly. "Oh? Yes, well, what would you like to know? It think it will be a terribly interesting course."

[Summers] “Oh, yeah, I can’t wait, it sounds like an awesome class – but my question is a bit more personal, I guess. It’s about my mutation.” He added quickly. “I’m not sure how my mutation works, really, and this summer I’ve had some really bad headaches and stuff – like just before I manifested.”

[Summers] “And I was wondering if you had any ideas on how it works.” He let out a sigh and popped another Excedrin. “I’ve got a killer of a one right now, actually.” He watched Japh and his mom go out to the barn, and wished he could join them.

[Dr.McCoy] Hank settled back onto the sofa, ready to ramble on about the intellectual merits of his course. Until Scott's words sank in. "Oh, my. Well -- first of all, how often are you having these headaches? Have you seen your family physician about them?"

[Dr.McCoy] "My study into the physiological manifestations of our mutant powers is ongoing... so it's hard to say how yours works. There seem to be general categories of mutations however."

[Summers] “Dr. McCoy – I can’t explain my eyes to any old physician. They always check the eyes, nose and throat with those lights – it’d be a stupid idea.” He slumped back in his chair.

[Summers] “Well, I only have them when I’ve been outside a lot. Mom thinks it might be the sun or something. I tan like crazy, but sometimes I feel as though I’m literally soaking in the sunlight, even then.”

[Summers] “What categories are they?” Scott asked, rummaging through his desk and grabbing a pen and pad of paper. Never hurts to get some heads-up information before class.

[Dr.McCoy] "You mean to tell me you've seen no one about this?" And probably had never been honest with a doctor since he manifested, he thought. "Scott, you'd be surprised I think by your doctor's reaction. We're quite understanding of mutation -- in fact, some of us are mutants."

[Dr.McCoy] "I think, if you'd be more comfortable with it, I could take a look at you when you get back to school." He peeled off his glasses and polished them, balancing the phone on his shoulder. They certainly still had a row to hoe with these children.

[Dr.McCoy] He sat up, barely catching the phone before he dropped it a the mention of sunlight. "Ah! Your mother may very well be correct! Yes, indeed! Smart woman!"

[Summers] "So, it is sunlight?" Scott sat up a little straighter. "they always go away faster if I'm inside."

[Dr.McCoy] "Well, it could be!" Hank fumbled his glasses back on one-handed and bounced from the sofa. He inspected his file cabinet for a moment and selected a drawer, rifling through files until he found the right one. "Aha."

[Dr.McCoy] "You see, the mutations I've studied fall into the broad categories of physical mutations, psychic powers and energy converters," he began, his voice taking on its sing-song lecture tone. "With overlaps and exceptions of course. There are always exceptions."

[Dr.McCoy] "Physical mutations -- well, the most obvious example is Father Wagner....though he is an interesting example due to his ability to transverse space and dimension. Fascinating case-" he cut off, realizing he was babbling.

[Dr.McCoy] "But I digress. Yes. Psychic -- Dr. Xavier. Then there are different forms of energy conversion. You, my boy, are an energy converter."

[Summers] "Energy converter? Like - I take the sun's energy and turn it into the beams?"

[Dr.McCoy] "The energy has to come from somewhere. It's entirely possible you could -- well, it's a starting hypothesis, yes? Especially in light of your reaction to, er, light." He winced at bit at the pun. But this was fascinating! It was hard to not be excited at the possibilities.

[Summers] Scott smiled at the excitement in the doctor's voice. He tapped the pad with his pencil for a moment. "Well, it's plausible. I was camping in the middle of summer when I manifested and it's been really aunny here - much moreso than at school." He glanced out the window.

[Summers] He reached over and pulled down the shade. "Tell you what - these last couple of weeks, I'll stay out of the sun, and when I get back we can run a little experiment to see if that's the culprit."

[Dr.McCoy] He skimmed Scott's file, nodding, until he realized he was on the phone. "Yes indeed, I see.... more than plausible then! You say they are worse when you are in the sun for an extended period? Fascinating!"

[Dr.McCoy] "What do you propose?" He grinned. Finally, a student interested in his powers!

[Summers] "Well, I'll stay out of the sun as much as possible and see if they subside. And there was something else, too." Scott got up and walked around, feeling caged in. How the fuck am I supposed to stay inside all the time? "It's about Angel - well, when she mutated further, she got really sick. If my headaches aren't caused by the sun - do you think I'm mutating more?"

[Dr.McCoy] "Hmmm.... that could be interesting. And if staying out of the sun helps your head, I would suggest trying that no matter the effect it has on your powers." He flipped a page on the file. "Also, are you taking anything for those headaches?"

[Dr.McCoy] "Angel? Ah, yes." Situations like this were when he was torn between sharing information on mutations, and patient/doctor confidentiality. Not that Angel had ever seen him - she always avoided him - but Annie had managed a couple quick exams.

[Dr.McCoy] "To be perfectly honest, in my opinion, a futher mutation would be rare. Biologically, a mutation can occur at any time and in anyone -- cancer is a mutation in many cases. But, in the case of our mutations, they seem to be specific and sudden. It may take time for them to reach their full potential."

[Summers] "Tylenol and excedrin. But not at the same time...when I uh, tried to kill myself over Christmas I fucked up my liver, so I have to be careful about what I take."

[Summers] Scott wrote and underlined, 'stay out of sun' on the pad of paper underneath 'energy converter'.

[Dr.McCoy] "Yes, you took the words from my mouth.... watch that acetaminophen intake. You are a healthy young man on the whole, so you don't want to further tax your liver. Otherwise, I would agree with staying out of direct sunlight and I'd like to see you when you arrive."

[Dr.McCoy] Doctor mode complete, his grin returned. Scott was one of the more interesting students -- unable to control his power. And Hank had been experimenting with a sample of that 'ruby quartz' all summer. Yes, truly, truly exciting. "Sound good?"

[Summers] "Sounds like a plan." Scott smiled, forgetting he was on the phone. "So- I'm not mutating more? I won't explode or anything like that? That's a relief."

[Dr.McCoy] Hank laughed aloud. Interesting, and far less likely to kick him in the face than Kurt. Excellent! "Noo, no exploding that I can foresee. We'll see what we can do for you -- that's been long overdue as it is. Don't worry -- it'll just give you wrinkles. Enjoy the rest of your summer, Scott."

[Summers] "Thanks, Dr. McCoy." Scott sat back in his chair and sighed in relief. No exploding. Maybe he could hang out in the barn - not much sun there.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

LOL exploding Scott. No, the exploding won't happen til he's come back to school, what with all the new students and their fire power :P

Anyway, I really love Hank. This put such a smile on my face.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JSherlock »

Slarti so rocks Hank!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Spurred by a nasty argument on MySpace between Scott and Remy, Angel is pissed and calls Scott.

[Angel] Angel pressed return on the keyboard and immediately picked up the phone. Damnit! He HAD to be watching it. She knew him to well to know he'd just let it drop. And the stupid icon said he was still online. She hit redail with more force than necessary and listened to the never-ending beeps.

[Summers] Scott sighed after reading Angel's latest comment and reached for the phone. Oh, god, I hope I sound normal. I'm going to get it. He braced himself and picked up. "Hi Angel."

[Angel] "Leccare la figa! Finally!" She nearly passed out with relief, but, if he was answering the phone, he wasn't dead. So she was going to kill him.

[Angel] "Ti ammazzo! Why. Did. You. Not. Answer?!"

[Summers] "So I wouldn't catch hell from you." He stared at the computer screen before closing all the windows. "But that plan is obviously a no-go." He flipped through the Italian phrasebook. Going to kill me, huh? Go right ahead. It'd be a change of scenery, at least. "So. . .I fucked up. Again."

[Angel] "Oh! Because avoiding me is the perfect answer!" Angel stopped pacing at a sudden stab of pain in her stomach. "Thanks for that." She sat down on her bed, tucking her knees under her chin to ease it.

[Angel] "No. Yes. I don't know.... what did you do? I mean, what was all that?"

[Summers] Scott sat up, focussing a little more as he caught a slight hitch in her breathing. "Angel, are you okay? What's wrong?" Stall, Summers. Stall.

[Angel] "Sto bene," she snapped. "We're not talking about me."

[Summers] Scott closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeah. I...lost my temper. Again. But Jesus Christ, Remy has absolutely no empathy for other people - he should know better than to spout of personal information as if it were public knowledge!"

[Summers] "But he doesn't because he was never raised nor taught anything like tact, decency, and manners. He's rougher than I am. And when I called him on it, he totally went and kept PUSHING my buttons - it's a fucking sport to him-" Scott bit off the rest of the sentence and gave a frustrated sigh.

[Angel] Angel huffed. "You know he does that - you know he's like that! I'm not saying what he did was right -- Non me ne frega un cazzo! Why did he get to you so badly? Why did you let him keep pushing your buttons!"

[Summers] "Goddamn..." He said softly, running a hand over his face. I need to shave before school starts- ugh. "Because...because he's right. I'm really just some uptight farm boy from hick town. I'm one generation away from white trash."

[Summers] "I-I want to do something with my life like my parents did. But no matter how hard I try to jump off- I'm still in the same fucking boat as he is." He sat back and stared at the wall. And there it was.

[Summers] "And I hate him for calling it as it is. Resent him. I'll apologize to him."

[Summers] He sat back, staring at his wall of trophies, waiting for Angel to say something.

[Angel] Angel sat, speechless. "Merda." She felt like hitting herself in the head to see if she'd heard that right, but her head was already pounding. "How can you even say that? Like you've got nothing to offer... "

[Summers] "Because I don't. Not really. Tennis was all I had - my one-way ticket the fuck out of here. And that's shot to hell. I'm just a pompous jerk with an over-blown sense of dio sapere che...and I hate myself the most for it."

[Summers] "And don't say that isn't true - I'm not that stupid."

[Angel] She closed her eyes. Fuuuck. All this time passed, and no matter how much she loved him, and she was still going to lose him. One way or another. "No, I don't lie to you -- you can be a jerk. You open your mouth before you think. You're touchy. You have a gift for pissing people off."

[Summers] "Yep. And there I am, spouting off disdainful hypocrisy and contempt at someone who might just understand literally where I'm coming from. But Christ, can he ever push all my buttons."

[Angel] "Well, it's Remy, it's like, what he does -- he likes to push buttons and see what makes people jump. He does it to everyone." She felt dizzy, so she laid down on the bed, shuffling the phone until she was comfortable. "The trick is to not take half --"

[Angel] She squeezed the bridge of her nose to think. Why was it so hard to think? "Okay, more than half -- of what he says to heart."

[Summers] "Angelina, what's wrong? You sound all stuffy. You're really sick, aren't you?" He sat up, wishing he could see through the phone connection.

[Angel] "I'm okay," she said, rolling onto her side as her stomach clenched again. She stretched out her arm onto the pillow beside her, studying the glint from the ring on her finger. It matched her dragonfly earrings, and had been her anniversary gift from Scott, arrived in the mail just days ago.

[Angel] "And I wasn't done earlier.... you can be a jerk, but you can also be amazing. Don't sell yourself short, tesoro."

[Summers] "Heh, thanks Angel. You bring out the best in me." But Remy brings out the worst. "Are you sure you're okay?" Hearing an emphatic agreement noise, he sighed. "Did you get your present?" he asked, switching subjects. Talking about his shortcomings depressed him; and he didn't want to follow that track ever again.

[Angel] "Yeah, I did! Grazie! I love it...I'm wearing it." She sniffed. "You know, just....whenever he pisses you off?" No need to say who. "Stop and think before you react, okay? For me? Per favore?"

[Summers] "Ok." He nodded. "I'm glad you like it."

[Angel] "I do," she said, twisting the ring on her finger as her eyes filled up with tears. God, don't cry... "I miss you so much. And I think I caught your headaches," she half laughed. "Are you still getting those?"

[Summers] "I miss you too - but it's only a week to go now. Funny how that seems to be the longest. Yeah, a few little headaches now and then. They're not so bad since I stay out of the sun...what's wrong? You should tell someone, zia Betta that you're not feeling well."

[Angel] "Yeah, only a week...." well, a little more than that. Right? She hadn't felt right since she'd come back from London. "I thought I'd just caught something in England, y'know?"

[Angel] She pressed a hand to her forehead. "I have a fever again. I just can't seem to shake it." She opened her eyes. What'd he say? "The sun? It was giving you the headaches?"

[Summers] "Go tell someone, Angel! If you've had a fever for more than three days - that's not good! Dr. McCoy said maybe it was adding to it - I'm apparantly an energy converter. But seriously, you need to go tell someone you're not feeling well. Or take Tylenol or something."

[Angel] "More than three days? Really? What about..." She did some mental math, with effort. Now that she wasn't so mad, it was hard to focus. "Two weeks?"

[Angel] She made a dismissive noise. "I'll tell somebody in the morning. Everybody else is asleep now, anyway, si? Energy converter?"

[Summers] "Two weeks? Christ - Angel! WAKE SOMEONE UP!" He stood up, knocking his chair back. "Right now - go! That's insane."

[Angel] "Don't yell," she whined. "M'head il mal d'testa. I'll get somebody later. Stomache hurts t'much ta move adessa. Okay?" Even if he was yelling, it was kinda like having him here. "Mmm. Ti amo, y'know that, si?"

[Summers] "Angel? Stay with me, please, just get up and go get someone - even if you have to crawl. Or so help me - I'll fly to Italy and help you myself." He took a deep, calming breath, and said more gently,

[Summers] "Angelina. get up slowly and go to your door. Open it and go out into the hall. Go as quickly as you can to the bedroom door that is closest to you that is occupied and knock loudly."

[Summers] "Please? For me. And take the phone with you. Keep talking to me."

[Angel] "Hmmm? For you? Richaimo piu later, yeah?" The numbness started in her belly and spread, taking the pain with it.

[Summers] "Angel? Angel, say something!" Fuckfuckfuckfuck. "Angel!" he yelled. He smacked the receiver a few times. She must have fainted - the line's still connected. He waited until the line went dead, and dialed the number. He got a busy signal. "Figlio di merda!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I'm sitting at the edge of my seat