Another fur question

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Another fur question

Post by Darkstalker »

Okay, I know there's been a lot of questions about Kurt's fur, but the recent one about silver brought up a new question for me. It's not about silver, it's grey. How come as Kurt ages, his fur doesn't change grey? In Earth X, Beast was completely white, but as old as we've seen Kurt, he's never greyed. How come? :?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Another fur question

Post by Angelique »

Could possibly be because not everyone goes gray.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Another fur question

Post by HoodedMan »

When there's mutation involved, I can only surmise that there is no norm. As Angelique said, some people don't go grey, some people go grey prematurely (like I am) and some people go grey at the normal time. It's just a comic book; don't overthink it. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Another fur question

Post by Confizzle »

I'd hate to see a bald Nightcrawler walking around.

[Edited on 8/14/2006 by Confizzle]
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Another fur question

Post by kladyelf »

Nightcrawler as TJ's Dad is bald, and his eyebrows and goatee are white
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Another fur question

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by kladyelf
Nightcrawler as TJ's Dad is bald, and his eyebrows and goatee are white
Is he bald...or does he shave it?

Anyway...I guess fur is different from hair...do furry animals go grey?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Another fur question

Post by Darkstalker »

I've had two dogs who lived to be 18, yeah, they grayed! Not all over though, so I wouldn't imagine Kurt would be entirely gray. I was just wondering what everyone thought, I know I'm probably overthinking it, but I would imagine some gray would show, especially if his hair's white. Hmm, bald or shaved, that's a good question!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Another fur question

Post by Nandireya »

I've noticed dogs go grey around the muzzle...but not all over. That said…two of my three cats…15 and 13…are both grey…but they always were :D (one’s a tabby, the other’s a Russian Blue)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Another fur question

Post by Darkstalker »

Awww, your cats sound cute! I always thought Russians were beautiful. ;) My cat's grey too! She's a tabby, she's 7 now, and I've begun to notice her fur's color is fading a little. I also have black cats, now they're interesting, at 5, the oldest (son of my girl!), is having white hairs appear all over his back! As for the dogs, a husky and a shepard mix, their faces were almost completely white, and the rest of their coats were sprinkled with white hairs. For Kurt, I always pictured him with grey furs scattered around his face. I know, I've thought about it waay to much! :rolleyes
Lycan
Lubber
Lubber

Another fur question

Post by Lycan »

Some horses go gray with the years. But not all. I remember seeing Kurt with some gray hairs in his hair. (Not fur, hair.) My horse is an (man, I don't know the englis word.) "avblekbar skimmel" (translates to.. um.. like.. fading pale gray horse). It meand that my horse was borne compleatly brown and when he is eight years old he'll be white as a snowflake. But.. I've forgotten my point, hope I'm not to comfusing.:oops:
IMPORTANT:
I have gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait!
Random
Lubber
Lubber

Another fur question

Post by Random »

I think Kurt' would go gray bit like how gorillas and humans do if they do, which would mean his upper back would also have gray coatlike area. and some on the chest and forearms. Of course his future self can be coloring his fur and hair to look younger ;)
Do you Shuffle?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Another fur question

Post by Angelique »

That reminds me of Marge Simpson's confession. "I'm not a natural blue!"
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Another fur question

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Maybe he'd start getting extra hairy, like some of those old men you see wandering around with a bush growing out around their necks.

And everyone goes grey. It takes longer with some people, but you either lose it or it turns colour. Case in point: ever seen anyone over 50 who didn't have ANY grey? And wasn't faking it? Or bald? Thought not.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Random
Lubber
Lubber

Another fur question

Post by Random »

My dad's not bald nor gray and he's 51 :D
Do you Shuffle?
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Another fur question

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja The Drastic Spastic
Case in point: ever seen anyone over 50 who didn't have ANY grey? And wasn't faking it? Or bald? Thought not.
My father, he is 53, has a brown hair, no grey nor bald.
Though my brother is 24 and his bald.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Another fur question

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Alkuperäinen postittaja The Drastic Spastic
Case in point: ever seen anyone over 50 who didn't have ANY grey? And wasn't faking it? Or bald? Thought not.
My father, he is 53, has a brown hair, no grey nor bald.
Though my brother is 24 and his bald.
No grey at all?? (I knew I should have said 60+)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Another fur question

Post by Angelique »

My grandfather died at 79 with a full head of dark brown hair. My grandmother, who's been "39" for almost 43 years has only maybe 3 gray hairs on her head that most people might not notice.

On the other hand, my mother was very noticeably grey when she was 30. My father, who apparently takes after his dad, doesn't have a single gray hair, and he's just turned 60.

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Another fur question

Post by HoodedMan »

Yeah, I'm interested in what causes grey hair. It seems to be essentially random, based on but not necessarily subject to aging. I started going prematurely grey in my teens -- definitely hereditary, as my dad did the same thing. It's just very random. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Another fur question

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, it is interesting how that works and how random it is. My grandfather went grey in his 20s, my grandmother died at 89 with just a few streaks around her temples. Their daughter, my mother, went grey in her 20s too. I'm 30 and have no grey hair. Yet.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Another fur question

Now that I think about it, I don't think my grandma has that much grey. She does have some though. (Yes, I'm just posting because I want to check out my new picture.)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Another fur question

Post by Bamfette »

My maternal grandmother had red hair with just a bit of gray at the temples till the day she died at around 80... my other grandmother has had gray hair for as long as I can remember. my mother is following the same pattern as her mother, just graying at the temples so far. my father is going more uniformly gray. I think it's mostly hereditary....

Originally posted by Lycan
My horse is an (man, I don't know the englis word.) "avblekbar skimmel" (translates to.. um.. like.. fading pale gray horse). It meand that my horse was borne compleatly brown and when he is eight years old he'll be white as a snowflake. But.. I've forgotten my point, hope I'm not to comfusing.:oops:

Camargue?
http://www.valleyfarmonline.co.uk/riding/breedsoc.html

But I think most gray/white horses are born black or brown.... we don't have a specific name beyond 'gray' that I'm aware of. maybe 'dapple-gray' if it's a kind of blotchy pattern...

[Edited on 7/10/06 by Bamfette]
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Another fur question

Post by littlebamf »

I'm 20 and I've had natural silver wisps of hair around my temples ever since I can remember, but I've been dying my hair for the past five years so it usually isn't noticable as I need to let the dye grow out before it can be seen.

My maternal Grandmother still has mostly brown hair and my paternal Grandmother has been grey as long as I've known her (since I was 10 as I never met her before then). Both my parents are going grey (having raised me I am not suprised that my) espite the fact that my dad isn't even in his fiftes yet, his beard is mostly grey and he's had a bald patch for about 15 years now as well.