christmas 2006: Lizzie

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Please post everything that happens to your character here - any interactions, fics, flogs (which please also post in your myspace if you wish) or whatnot. This does mean that some things will be duplicated if you did them with another player (ie instances) but it will help establish your characters timeline.

Once Christmas is over, the mods ensure that all of these will be sorted into their appropriate sub-forums.

Let the games begin!

Nacht and Paws

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Lizzie/ Angels room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie lay on her bed, hugging a pillow to her. She felt like hell. Her head throbbed slightly as she stared at the ceiling, mulling over the coming weeks of boredom around the school. She hoped Xavier wasn't going to be following her around...or that she'd have to do any yoga.

[Elizabeth] Yoga. Seriously...She almost half wished that she had apologised to her father and she'd been able to go home....Lizzie sighed slightly and rolled on her side, floating the case of the CD she was listening to, over to her and inspected it.

[Elizabeth] "God...every time I listen or even see Rob Zombie now I'll think of that freaky scary kid Angel sent me..." Lizzie groaned and tossed the CD case down on the end of the bed and wondered where her room mate was and almost felt sorry for her for having to stay with her all Christmas.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie knew she wasn't exactly good company, especially right now....Gah, her head ached like HELL. Thank god she'd gotten more painkillers from Annie.....

[Angel_II] Angel opened the bedroom door distractedly, her nose buried in one of the books Scott had told her about in the library. That boy read some weird stuff. She looked up as the door started to swing into the wall, and barely caught it.

Summerspy enters this room

[Angel_II] Unfortunately, she didn't catch the other books in her hand and they thumped to the floor. She looked up at her roommate, who was on her bed and wearing a scowl.

[Angel_II] "Hey, Lizzie, sorry....." She picked up her books and shut the door quietly. "How's the head?" She was almost afraid to ask, but she should be polite.....maybe.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rubbed her forehead and looked sideways up at Angel and gave her a lopsided grin. "Been better....been worse. Thanks." Lizzie sat up a little, was it her or was Angel...tip toing around her. She didn't know did she? Lizzie felt slightly uncomfortable, but tried to keep a cool exterior

[Elizabeth] If she attacked her room mate even by accident that would seriously be the last straw....

[Angel_II] Angel gave Lizzie a sympathetic look and plopped on her bed with the books. "Well, this is an exciting break, ain't it?"

[Elizabeth] "Yeah. I think I'm going to die from the very pleasure of it..." Lizzie smiled ruefully and pulled a pillow up a little to make herself more comfortable. "Anyone else around?"

[Angel_II] "I didn't see anybody on the way back from the library, not even the cat, yo." She fiddled with the books, straightening them into a pile in front of her.

[Angel_II] "It's all quiet and creepy."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah. Big old houses are like that. You should see the place I grew up in, it's straight out of a history film!" Lizzie said grinning, then her smile faded as she remembered home.

[Angel_II] "Heh, that must be cool in a way though. The house I grew up in.... it could fit in the Danger Room." She smiled a little, until Lizzie's grin fell. Whoops, what'd I say? She was getting tired of moody people. Maybe Lizzie just wasn't used to the idea of a little house?

[Angel_II] She looked back down and picked up "Dracula." She had read that in high school, but flipped through the pages anyway. Look busy.

[Elizabeth] "I've...I spent a lot of time in boarding schools. But never Christmas. I always went home for Christmas, everyone did. It was like the law..."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie started to fiddle nervously with her sleeve. "It's strange for me. Not being home around about now."

[Angel_II] Angel softened a bit. Lizzie had been through a lot with her mom, and if there was one thing she knew it was that people acted funky under stress. "Yeah, this time last year I was dodging my stepdad and shopping with my mom." She smiled a little sadly, remembering the decent times.

[Angel_II] She should try to call her mom.

Jsherlock enters this room

Jsherlock exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked down, unsure of what to say. She had no personal experience of step-parents let alone having to dodge them.

[Elizabeth] She rubbed her forehead uncomfortably. "I'm sorry. I'm not going to be very good comany for you I think...Still, there's always the cat if you get bored!"

[Angel_II] She watched Lizzie rub her forehead. Man, it must suck to have headaches all the time. "Nah, it's cool. Besides, I kind of like the quiet." She held up the book with a wry grin. "Gives me a chance to catch up on my reading."

[Elizabeth] "That's nice," Lizzie yawned out of tiredness. "Oh sorry, I didn't sleep much last night," she added quickly, rubbing her eyes.

[Elizabeth] "I've never been much of a reader to be honest. Never caught the bug at school - I was usually playing sports instead."

[Angel_II] "I used to read more, plays and stuff....and when I had to for class," she looked at the book again for a second. Or maybe it was the play version of Dracula she'd read. Hmmm.

[Angel_II] She glanced back at Lizzie. "Hey, if you want to take a nap or somethin' I can go read somewhere else."

[Elizabeth] "No, don't. I'm glad of the company," Lizzie assured Angel and sat up some more.

[Elizabeth] "I never read much even for class. Same goes for here...I suppose I should change that though," Lizzie sighed and looked with some interest at Angel's pile of books.

[Elizabeth] 2Anyway I should probably take my medication," Lizzie swung her legs off the bed and tottered over to her desk and picked up the pillbox.

[Angel_II] "Okay, cool," she watched Lizzie's odd little-old-lady walk to the desk. "Do those help any -- your head, y'know?" They sure as hell didn't seem to.

[Elizabeth] "They...numb it for a bit," Lizzie shrugged and tipped a few pills into her hand, popped them in her mouth and washed them down with some coke from a can she had on her desk.

[Elizabeth] "And they keep me standing. It'll do me until I can get control over my powers," Lizzie sighed and wobbled back over to the bed and threw herself down over the end of it.

[Angel_II] "Hmm," she said. What else did you say? She was so happy her powers were relatively simple. She ruffled her wings a bit.

[Angel_II] "So, how's that going? Xavier's a telepath....is the creepy old fart given you any pointers?"

[Elizabeth] "Xavier's a fuckward," Lizzie spat. "He's...not much of a help." Lizzie trailed off. She could hardly tell Angel what Xavier had said to her, as that would mean explaining why he had said it. She just wasn't prepared to do that.

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. "Yeah, he is that, man....not much help then. Suck." She tried to think of any other professors who might help Lizzie and came up pretty much blank.... nobody else was a telepath that shook shit. Not since that crazy Jean left.

[Elizabeth] "Yeah, a little bit." Lizzie got up off her bed and went back over to her desk, shook out some more pills and swllowed them down with the rest of the coke.

[Elizabeth] Her head felt so...fluffy. She definately was...huh? Lizzie blinked. Strangest feeling of deja vu.

[Angel_II] Angel flipped more pages on her book reading bits here and there. No, maybe she had read this.... She looked up when Lizzie hoisted herself back off the bed and made for the desk.

[Angel_II] She watched Lizzie down more pills. Hey, wait.... "Um, didn't you just take some of those?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie frowned and looked down at the box and gave it a little shake...She hadn't, had she?

[Elizabeth] "Well, I just took some now," Lizzie said, a little stiffly and blinked slightly, a sour taste in her mouth.

[Angel_II] Angel thought about that. "Weeell, you got up a few minutes ago and took some too." Hadn't she? She gestured with the book still in her hand. "Yeah, yeah! You took some before -- when I asked you if they helped? You don't remember?"

[Angel_II] Lizzie....wasn't looking so good. Her eyes were.....wrong.

[Elizabeth] "Count them if you don't trust me," Lizzie said tightly and tossed the box over to Angel. "It was new last night. There were thirty six in there and I've had two doses."

[Angel_II] She caught the box, letting the book drop. "Hey, it's not that I don't trust you, I'm just sayin'......" she trailed off as she shook the box a bit and didn't hear enough rattle. She popped off the lid and shook the pills out in her hand. "Lizzie, there's not many left in here...."

[Angel_II] She started to get off the bed, getting alarmed. "How many are in a dose?"

[Elizabeth] "Urm...two?" Lizzie gasped slightly. It was gettig harder and harder to stand upright. She gripped the back of the desk chair, trying not to fall over...

[Elizabeth] A wave of sickness gripped her stomach and made her double over slightly. Oh she felt bad...bad? The lights looked strange...

[Angel_II] "Two! Il mio Dio! Fuck!" She jumped the rest of the way off the bed as Lizzie started to lean. Oh my God! Oh my God! What the fuck could she do! "Lizzie!" The other girl doubled over. "Oh, fuck....."

[Elizabeth] It hurt...It hurt. The lights were starting to spin slightly, all hazy and fuzzy and far far away...Lizzie pushed herself away from the desk and sat heavily on her bed, hugging herself. "I'mokayI'mokayI'mokay...."

[Elizabeth] She took a dep breath and nearly vomited and slapped a hand over her mouth sluggishly, almost missing altogether and slapping herself around the face.

[Elizabeth] What have I done...? Lizzie thought to herself with a moment of piercing clarity before the hazy, sick feeling washed over her again, with a weird ringing in her ears...what the....

[Angel_II] She'd seen a girl overdose once before, in one of those hellhole clubs in the city. Oh my God.... she'd just been on the edges of the crowd, and they'd all scattered like rats before anybody had called the authorities...

[Angel_II] Lizzie's pale blue eyes were unfocused as she collapsed onto the bed, hugging herself. She girl gagged and looked up at Angel for a split second before retreating into herself. Angel felt herself starting to hyperventilate in sympathy. Fuck! She had to do something.

[Angel_II] That thought snapped her into action. "Lizzie, Lizzie! I've got to take you to the nurse! Can you walk at all?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up, blinking and tried to focus on the face of her room mate, nodding slightly. "Urgh...help?" Lizzie said with a slight sob as she tried to shakily stand up.

[Angel_II] "Yeah, yeah," she babbled, trying to get a grip on her sagging roommate. "You gonna be okay. It'll be a'ight. Yeah..." She finally got ahold of Lizzie and scrambled at the doorknob one-handed, finally getting it open enough to kick it open.

[Angel_II] She started down the hall, hoping to God she could make it to Nurse Annie while she tried to comfort Lizzie, who was fading fast. She babbled non-stop in both English and Italian all the way to the infirmary. God, the situations she got herself into....
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[nurseannie] Annie strode around the medical room, straigtening the cupboards. This job had been MUCH more varied that she'd ever guessed.

[nurseannie] Annie strode around the medical room, straigtening the cupboards. This job had been MUCH more varied that she'd ever guessed.

[nurseannie] And the variety of problems that came with each of their abilites? She didn't always know what to do with them. Hell - she doubted ANYONE did. This was all new territory

Angel_II enters this room

Elizabeth enters this room

[Angel_II] "HEY! HELP!" Angel screamed as she got close to the infirmary door. "Yo! Nurse!" She practically carried Lizzie the last few yards for speed. "You gotta help her! She took too many of her headache pill things!"

[nurseannie] Annie dropped the box of tongue dispensers and they clattered down on the counter, spilling everywhere.

[nurseannie] "What?" She looked at the wild eyed young girl who was dragging Lizzie in. Lizzie looked asleep on her feet.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie collapsed out of Angel's arms and sprawled over the floor, tried to sit up but failed and lay on her side, her head spinning

[nurseannie] The words finally registered. "Put her on the bed. Here. Now."

[Angel_II] Angel shot the nurse an irritated glance as Lizzie slid into a puddle on the floor. She picked up her roommate with some effort, thankful Lizzie was small, and got her onto the bed. "Help her! She took lots of pills!"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie weakly protested to being manhandled but collapsed thankfully on the bed and rolled on her side. She felt so, so sick....Everyone was so LOUD. They just wouldn't...wouldnt...

[nurseannie] Annie thumbed the girls eyelids back, looking at her dialated pupils. "How many did she take?"

[nurseannie] She took the girls pulse while she looked up at angel. It was very slow. Damnit.

[Angel_II] Angel blanked out and then did some mental math. "Um, a lot..... she said there were 36 in the bottle.... and there weren't many left."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie turned her head so the nurse wasn't pulling at her, retching slightly, feeling the bile rising up in her throat.

[Angel_II] "The bottle's upstairs though....." She shifted, feeling useless.

[nurseannie] "I just gave her that bottle yesterday!" Annie scooped up a basin pressing it to lizzies cheek so that she could vomit in it.

[nurseannie] Placing the filled basin to the side she continued her exam. "well at least she won't be absorbing any more of it." The girls blood pressure was frighteningly low.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie tried to sit up slightly and was sick into the basin, trying to get it all ito the basin that was just a blur to her.

[nurseannie] "I'm going to give her something to take these drugs out of her system." Annie loaded the syringe with the narcan she'd stocked since the Warren incident.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie lay her head on the pillow painfully, wishing they'd all shut the hell up....so hard to focus on things...just, dizzy...

[Angel_II] Angel backed away a bit as Lizzie puked. God, how horrible..... "She, um, her head hurt and she forgot she'd already taken some.....I saw her do it twice...."

[nurseannie] Annie muttered things under her breath. She tied an elastic band around Lizzies upper arm. "Can you hold her shoulder down into the bed here? I don't want her jerking and blowing the vein if she pulls back."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded blankly and did as she was told.

[nurseannie] Annie swabbed the girls arm quickly, slipping the needle in her vein and relasing the band around the upper arm while she plunged the contents into lizzies bloodstream.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt herself feeling more awake...she was - where was she? With a yelp she sat up fast, too fast and the room began to spin around her as she tried to jump off the bed.

[Angel_II] Angel jumped back at Lizzie's sudden reaction. "Fuck!"

[nurseannie] Cursing as the action yanked the needle out she pressed a handful of gauze squares to her bleeding arm. "Don't let her GO. Hold onto her!" Annie yelled as she stuggled with her reluctant patient. At least she got all of it in.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie tried to drag herself away rom Annie. "WHAT WAS THAT?" Lizzie screamed, backing away. A tray of impliments started to rattle slightly.

[Elizabeth] "I'm okay - I just needed to be sick! Leave me alone!"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked over her shoulder and wondered if it would be a good idea to run for the door then looked back at Angel and the nurse cautiously...would they let her go?

[nurseannie] "You were in an overdose, what I gave you just reversed the effects so you didn't go into respiratory arrest.."

[nurseannie] "You aren't SICK Lizzie. You took too much of a medication that could have killed you." she pointed with her best 'don't fuck with the nurse' attitude at the cot. "Now get back on that bed."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie bit her lip. She had been eding towards the door..."I needed to puke. I'll be okay. I will."

[Angel_II] "Lizzie, you took a lot of those pills, really...." She tried to be soothing. "The nurse is just tryin' to help you..."

[nurseannie] Annie was not impressed with the girls sheer pigheadedness. "Either you get back on that bed or I will call the the whole school in here to pin you down if I need to."

[Elizabeth] "I...don't remember." Lizzie bit her lip. The tray stopped shaking as she walked awkwardly over to the bed and sat don on it, bringing her knees up to her chest and burying her head in her hands.

[Elizabeth] Angel was saying...she didn't take a lot of pills, she just took what she needed for her head.

[nurseannie] Annie sighed in relief when the girl settled back down. She retook her vitals, pleased to note that it was stabalizing. "So did you overdose intentionally or mistakenly?"

[Elizabeth] "I took what I needed...my head hurt." Lizzie said dully, remaining limp while Annie poked and prodded her.

[nurseannie] "But the dosage that I gave you should have been more than enough to manage that Lizzie." Annie looked at her chart, flipping through it. "In fact, the medications that you have been given for your migranes should have been more than enough as of late."

[Angel_II] Angel backed up more, trying to calm herself and blend into the scenery. This was a fucking nightmare. She felt so horrible for Lizzie.... ugh. But she'd be all right now, right?

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up at Annie. "My head hurt. I took what I needed...." she didnt look at Angel, she felt too guilty and ashamed of herself.

[nurseannie] "And the fact that you took a months worth of drugs in one day?" Annie shook her head. "I think that you may have a problem that's bigger than just your headaches."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squirmed a little...she hadn't, had she? She hadn't realised that...Fuck.

[nurseannie] Annie realized that she was broaching patient confidentially. "Maybe if you could give us a bit dear?" She looke up at Angel. "thank you for bringing her down. It was a good thing that you did."

[Angel_II] Angel jumped out of her thoughts, looking from Annie to Lizzie. "Um, no problem....thanks..." She gave Lizzie what she hoped was an understanding smile on her way out the door. Maybe she'd go find that cat now....

[Angel_II] ((I'm gone))

nurseannie exits from this room

Elizabeth exits from this room

Angel_II exits from this room

Summerspy exits from this room

--------- The messages that have been sent today start below ---------

paws enters this room

paws exits from this room

nurseannie enters this room

Elizabeth enters this room

[nurseannie] "So do you want to start with explaining what happened today?" Annie asked, not unkindly.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rolled on her side, remaining mute. The truth was that even she wasn't sure.

[nurseannie] "Have you been taking other drugs or drinking alcohol as well?" Annie frowed as a new thought crossed her mind, glad the girl couldn't see her. "Did you mean to do this Lizzie?"

[Elizabeth] "No...My head hurt so I took my pills. I took them twice by accident. My head hurt and I didn't know what I was doing..." Lizzie muttered, ignoring Annie's first question...she wasn't quite sure if 'not today' would count.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie groaned and rubbed her aching head. The room felt like it was filled with oil and the colours were all bleeding into each other.

[nurseannie] "If you have taken nearly the whole bottle that I gave you yesterday, that is more than an accidental double dose. For that matter, your symptoms were much more severe than what I would have expected from that too."

[nurseannie] "The other thing that I am forced to consider now is that we have been doing a dissevice to you in just covering up your headaches with painkillers as apposed to actually dealing with their root cause. "

[nurseannie] "It is also possible that you are experiencing even more headaches due to a rebound affect of these drugs."

[Elizabeth] "I've been getting headaches since I manifested...the pills always used to work when I was younger..." Lizzie muttered. "Maybe you're giving me the wrong ones."

[Elizabeth] "And I didn't take even half of the bloody bottle," Lizzie sighed, sitting up and nearly fell sideways from a dizzy spell and grasped on to the bed rail to steady herself. At least...she didn't remember taking so many.

[Elizabeth] She bit her lip and looked sideways, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable and very, very sick.

[nurseannie] "No...in fact you are on a much higher dose than you were when you first started taking these. In fact you are at the highest dose allowed."

[nurseannie] "They lose affectiveness over the years, particularily if they are abused."

[Elizabeth] "I haven't been taking-" Lizzie started to say then quickly closed her mouth.

[nurseannie] "I think you are probabally not in a position to judge that at this moment Lizzie." Annie looked at her charge with some concern. "I think that we need to stop them immediately, see how you do, and reassess it once we have you stabalized."

[Elizabeth] "But you CAN'T!" Lizzie cried out and sat up on her knees, her stomach protesting horribly. "You can't take me off them - the pain'll send me insane!"

[nurseannie] "Granted the first couple of days will be quite difficult for you. But I think that your body needs some time to reset itself, you may find that your pain actually decreases when you break the cycle of the rebound affect."

[nurseannie] "And - its the perfect time to do it. You have no classes that you will be missing, and the school is mostly empty. You'll be able to have privacy at least."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie collapsed in a heap on the bed and buried her face in her hands. Oh god...It was just what her parents had wanted all along...

[Elizabeth] "I'm...Will you tell anyone about this?"

[nurseannie] "Of course not. I keep patient records confidential." she thought about it for a minute. "Well, I won't tell any of your peers. Because of the nature of your problem, I need to advise Xavier as the leader of this facility."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie almost laughed. "You do know he thinks I'm a headcase and that I'm going to go insane..." Lizzie said then surpressed a morbid giggle. "Heh, he also told me to come see you for medication to sort my head out amongts other suggestions."

[Elizabeth] Laughing was making her feel sick...Talking was. "I don't feel so well," Lizzie added in an undertone and rubbed her eyes.

[nurseannie] "Well, I really thing your best option is to have some councelling, and learn to control your powers better. Xavier could provide you with both."

[nurseannie] Annie nodded at that. "I'll turn the lights down and let you sleep it off then?"

[Elizabeth] "NO!" Lizzie sat up. "I am not going to talk to Xavier! I don't trust him I don't like him I am not going-" Lizzie hissed in annoyance and swung herself off the bed and started to pace the floor even though she felt like dyig on her feet.

[Elizabeth] There was no way she'd talk to Xavier about this...

[nurseannie] "Well, you have to learn to control them one way or another Lizzie. And he really is the person that would be most likely to be able to help you with that, being that he has similar abilities"

[nurseannie] "Unless you want to continue doing what you have been so far. How's that been working for you?" she smiled wryly at the agitated young woman.

[Elizabeth] "I don't want Xavier's help...He's been pretty slow at giving it as it is, so it's gettig a little late for him to earn my trust and respect. I have no desire to learn anything from that man," Lizzie said coldly, curling her lip.

[Elizabeth] Her inner upperclass brat was just screaming to be let out...

[Elizabeth] "I'm perfectly fine. I doubled dosed, thas all. If I was so bad you'd be pumping my stomach, wouldn't you?" Lizzie gave Annie a sly look that gave the impression it wouldnt have been the first time.

[nurseannie] "You vomited, so there was no need." Annie folded her arms across her chest and looked at her. "You still haven't answered my question about if you have been taking other medications, or recreational drugs."

[Elizabeth] "I don't take recreational drugs," Lizzie said stonily, glowering at Annie. "You have read my file I'm sure, so you will know I hardly...come from the background to be tampering with such things."

[nurseannie] Annie just smiled at her. "I actually find the upper class to be some of the worst offenders in that department."

[nurseannie] "If you aren't taking them though, that is great. How about other things? Over the counter painkillers, alcohol, that sort of thing?"

[Elizabeth] "Who doesn't drink around here?" Lizzie shrugged, gleaning off the subject. "And yes. Boarding schools are real hotbeds for class A drugs...." Lizzie snorted. "We weren't allowed tippex, never mind cocaine..."

[nurseannie] "Well, I am afraid that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol either, irregardless of what your classmates may be doing. You are going to have to go dry for a while if you want this to work."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's jaw dropped. "Get stuffed. It's Christmas for one thing! How - You can't do that!" Lizzie scowled, stamping her foot on reflex and wincing as i made her head shake on impact with the floor.

[nurseannie] "To help you Lizzie. Just covering up your problems won't make them go away. It will get worse and worse until you won't be able to pull yourself out of it."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie put the heel of her palm to her forehead and turned to face the wall. How had it come to this? Was she really that bad...?

[nurseannie] "I know that this isn't going to be easy for you Lizzie, but its best that we just get it all over and done with in a fell swoop. Like lancing an abcess, or tearing a bandaid off. Its best not to pick at it."

[nurseannie] "So how about we head up to your room now, and straighten that all out for you, and then you can rest for a bit. Unless you would prefer to remain down here with me?"

[Elizabeth] "Whatever. If you'll trust me we can go to my room..." Lizzie thought, then felt slightly ill. "Can I come back here after? I...think I might have unsettled Angel a little."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie went red and turned back to face Annie. "I don't...trust myself to be around the others incase I get a telepathic headache. I might have an accident."

[nurseannie] "Of course you can. Just let me lock the cupboards first. That really would be a mess." she tittered.

Holy_Ghost enters this room

[nurseannie] "But it would be probabally much more comfortable for you in your own room. You just need to focus on learning control." She bit her tongue about mentioning Xavier again.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie glowered at Annie. Her first comment was NOT funny. Bitch.

[nurseannie] "Ah well. Let's get you up to your room for now."
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[Elizabeth] Lizzie pushed the door open to her bedroom, hoping that Angel was not in and flounced to the centre of the floor. 2Sorry about the mess and that," she shrugged as Annie followed her in.

Holy_Ghost enters this room

[nurseannie] Annie looked around the room, at the typical teenaged mess. Lizzies tastes seemed a bit...darker. "So...where should we start?"

[Elizabeth] "What do you want?" Lizzie shrugged and absently started to play with her tragus ring...She was tempted to get the other side done now...

[nurseannie] "All of it." She smiled. "But you can keep stuff like asprin."

[Elizabeth] "Really? Wow, how generous..." Lizzie rolled her eyes. "I've...look, I've got a bit of a headache. What exactly do you want me to give you?"

[nurseannie] "Why don't you just lay down then. I'll rummage through and get things myself."

[nurseannie] Annie looked around, spying the pill bottle that she'd given her yesterday. She looked in it. Way too few pills left. "well that's a start."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shrugged and sat down on her bed, leafing through a copy of Bizarre, a magazine she had on subscription from home...

[nurseannie] She rummaged in the desk drawers, coming out with a truely amazing assortment of drugs. No wonder lizzie was having so many problems.

[nurseannie] "Where do you keep your alcohol?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rolled her eyes, reached under her bed and pulled out her case of bottles. "And before you start it isn;t all to be drank by me - I share! And hey - you can't take those, they're for my period pain!" Lizzie added angrily on seeing one of the packets Annie held.

[nurseannie] Annie took the box from her, dumping all the various bottles in it as well. She read the label of the packet that Lizzie had pointed out. "Well, it doesn't have caffine in it, so it should be ok. Its basically gloryfied tylenol."

[Elizabeth] "Great...Did you, ah, find everything? You should check the bedside cabinet..." Lizzie said with an evil grin.

[nurseannie] Annie sighed. More? She slid the drawer open, bemused for a moment at the assortment of objects in the drawer.

[nurseannie] Given the nature of the items she realized that she now knew way more of Lizzies sex life than she wanted to.

[nurseannie] Gingerly reaching in she plucked out the single drug bottle that was in the drawer and slid it shut without a comment. She looked around. Oh there was the bathroom too.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up from her magazine to Annie looking in her drawer. Oh, could she be so mean...."Oh, by the way....can I keep the whisky? It's for Warren you see." Lizzie said, with an innocent look on her face. Warren would probably kill her for this....

[nurseannie] "No Lizzie, we are talking a complete clean break here. No booze, no drugs."

[Elizabeth] "Ooh, but it was a present for him. I don't drink it..." Lizzie said, pouting. Well...worth a try.

[Elizabeth] She sighed and flipped through the magazine again...Maybe she could do something else to wind Annie up. She seemed to be a hard nut to crack.

[nurseannie] "Him? Who are you giving alcohol too?" Annie thought of the contents of the drawer again. Did she really WANT to know?

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rolled her eyes. "Warren. I just said it was for Warren!" God...didn't anyone listen in this place?

[nurseannie] "Oh sorry. I was distracted..." She left to head into the bathroom, sorting through the drugs in the cabinet there too. Warren? Well it made sense in a way...but how did they manage to...? On nevermind. She didn't want to know.

[Elizabeth] "Oh...Be careful of what you take in there - some might be Angel's..." Lizzie commented airly. She'd probably get dragged down to the infirmary for a safe sex lesson as soon as this was all over...Damn it all, Lizzie thought, cursing her big mouth.

[Elizabeth] Still...the though patterns that had been emulating from Annie was worth the hassle she'd get off her later. Not worth Warren potentially killing her though.

[Elizabeth] "So, do I get to keep the whisky then?"

[nurseannie] "Well, if it is and she wants it, she can reclaim it from me." She exited the bathroom. "No Lizzie. You get to try being yourself for a while."

[nurseannie] "Well I think that's the lot then." She looked down at the nearly overflowing box. This was insane. She was glad that this had happened over Christmas break.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat up and folded her arms, scowling slightly. Being herself was the root of most of her problems...but fine, if thats the way they wanted it.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

LOL. Nurse Annie always assumes the worst. Now she's going to be giving condoms to Warren for no reason... sigh. :P

Great instance, Lizzie! There's a lot of potential here for change, and I look forward to seeing what you're doing with your character.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Lizzie ain't in the best of moods, poor lamb.

Flog: Bored or somethin

I hate holiday time. And why is it that you American people call holidays VACATIONS? I keep getting confused.

Might be the migranes. I've got migraines. Maybe they have me....fuckers are mesing my head up. Annie's a bitch. She won't leave me alone to die in PEACE.

I really really hate this place at times. It's...creepy and there's no one around but probably some axe murderer who snuck in the back of the school because it's so fucking COLD.

I've not been outside. Not been many places but my room and the fucking infirmary. It's the Christmas holidays god wll you STOP me from throwing up, for one MINUTE?

Been in the kitchen...Maybe twice.

Might try the rec room. At some point. Watch a film. A vampire movie. Remind myself that though you might be dead you can still be SEXY.

Think I'm coming down wit the flu or something....Can't quit shaking and sneezing. Fucking FLU of all things....

Did I meantion I'm bored out my bloody brains?

Oh stuff it. I hate MySpace as well.

I hate it all.

I want a milkshake. A NICE milkshake. Like they did in the cafe near my old school. I miss ENGLAND.....I want to go home....
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Instance: A mysterious Call to Rome

Post by Saint Kurt »

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up and down the corridor outside Wagner's office. All clear. Well, now or never....

[Elizabeth] Taking a deep breath Lizzie put a hand over the lock and imagined it coming apart...There was a click as the lock disintegrated, granting her access into the office. The bookcase was back in its rightful place. It made her shiver just to see it....

[Elizabeth] She quietly shut the door after her then stole over to the desk, sitting down, her feet tucked under her as she rummaged through the papers on the desk. "Oh come on it has to be here somewhere..." she muttered through gritted teeth, pushing her hair out of her eyes. She was too tired for this...

[Elizabeth] Sitting back with a groan, her eyes came to rest on one of those pop up phone number things. She pulled it over to her and flicked through it, coming up with the number in Rome for '"The Presbytery of St. Michael's". Hmm, that sounded right, maybe?

[Elizabeth] Lizzie grabbed the phone and dialed, her mouth in her throat as she waited for someone to pick up.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was roused out of a deep sleep when the phone rang. Without opening his eyes, he reached over and fumbled the phone from the cradle and mumbled into it, "Das Presbyterium der Kirche des Erzengel Michael, Pfarrer Wagner."

[Elizabeth] "Mister - um, Father Wagner? Umm...Is that you?" Lizzie twitched slightly. Oh SHIT she forgot the time differences....

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt still wasn't awake, There was an English speaking voice on the other end. He drew himself closer to his beside table to look at the identity of the caller.

[Fr.Wagner] He rubbed his eyes and put on his glasses to read it: "Rev. Kurt Wagner New York 415-555-1212". He was calling himself?

[Fr.Wagner] "Hallo, wer ist's?" He asked in German. "I mean," he switched to English, "Hello?"

[Elizabeth] "Bettie Page." Lizzie said without thinking. Damn, she'd prank called too many times when she was bored at school....

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat up. "Bettie Page? On my phone? Is Bettie Page even still alive?" he asked.

[Fr.Wagner] "Okay, well. Goodnight Bettie." Kurt started to hang up the phone.

[Elizabeth] "WAIT! No! Please, Mister Wagner? It's me," ;Lizzie remembered herself very quickly. "It's Lizzie...look, do you...did you mean it? That you care? And you'll listen to me?" Lizzie gasped, the words coming out in a tumbled rush.

[Elizabeth] "Please? Please? I need someone to tlak to and I can't talk to Xavier as I don't like him and I'd talk to Warren but he doesn't deserve to hear all my problems and I'm just really..." Lizzie started to break down and stopped to wipe her eyes as they were starting to tear up.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt knitted his brow, trying to imagine what time it must be in New York. He looked at this clock, it was a little after 3:00am. The traditional witching hour oddly enough. He shrugged.

[Fr.Wagner] He almost had to hold the phone away from his ear as Lizzie shouted into it.

[Fr.Wagner] "Of course I meant it, Lizzie. And I still mean it. You must be at the mansion still, if you're in my office. What's going on? Are you alright?"

[Elizabeth] "No...Annie's stopped my medication." Lizzie said in a small voice. "Are...you wearing that cloth thing?

[Elizabeth] "The one where you can't tell anyone what I told you," Lizzie asked, feeling vaguely embarrassed about it.

[Fr.Wagner] For a moment Kurt was confused. Cloth thing...

[Fr.Wagner] "Oh, my stole," Kurt said. "I don't usually sleep in it, but if you'll wait a moment."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt turned on his bedside lamp and opened the drawer. He had a small stole in there he was pretty sure. He searched around and after a moment, found it. He placed it over his shoulders.

[Fr.Wagner] "Okay," he said, "I'm wearing it. What is it you need to tell me."

nakedremy enters this room

[Elizabeth] "I'm...I'm scared. Nurse Annie - well, I - I was only taking them for my headaches because they were really bad and I took too many pills and I got really bad and Angel had to take me down to the infirmary..." Lizzie gasped, biting her lip.

[Elizabeth] "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called....You're the last person I should be troubling with this," Lizzie choked on a sob and wondered if she should just hang up...She needed to talk so bad, but was this the right way? She wasn't even clear in her own head.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head. "No, I'm glad you called. Really glad."

[Fr.Wagner] He was starting to feel more awake now and could just think in English rather than having to translate from the German he was thinking in. He propped himself up against the wall.

[Fr.Wagner] "That sounds pretty scary Lizzie. What happened after that? Are you still taking the pills for your headaches?"

[Elizabeth] "I'm not allowed. I've got to...withdraw or something. Annie said I'm on a rebound? I think. I just feel really sick now, like I've got flu...Really glad?" Lizzie asked, quite shyly. he didn't sound like he was just saying that...She cast an eye around the room and caught sight of the bookcase.

[Elizabeth] Maybe he just wanted her to tell the truth again. She took a calming breath and curled up a bit smaller in the chair.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt didn't want to ask her how she'd gotten in his office since he thought he'd locked all the windows and doors. It didn't matter right now though.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took a deep breath. "Have every I told you anything about... About what I used to be like? When I was younger? Before I was a priest?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I actually understand a lot more about what you're going through than you realize." he said.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head, then remembered she was on the phone. "No...I heard you were in a film or something."

[Elizabeth] "So...you know what this feels like?" Lizzie asked, feeling her stomach flop over a few times and put her free hand over it. "That's....awful. I feel like I'm going to die," Lizzie said, all sincerity.

[Fr.Wagner] "You're in my office right? On the top shelf of the second bookcase to the right are some binders. Take down the one that says 'photos' on it." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie pushed the chair away from the desk and laid the phone down on a pile of papers before crossing over to the bookcase and scanning the shelf Wagner had told her and took don the binder carefully, and went back to the desk and sat with it in her lap.

[Elizabeth] She picked the receiver back up and put it to her ear, using her shoulder to support it as she had her hands full with the binder. "I've got it. Should I be looking for anything?"
[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head but then realized he was on the phone. "No, just look at them. It should be pretty obvious right away what my problem is."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie opened the binder up and carefully turned the pages. Press cuttings...She was familiar with press cuttings as she and James liked to keep ones of their fmaily as a joke of sorts...but these....

[Elizabeth] Well...Maybe Wagner DID understand, she thought, biting her tongue as she looked at the pictures of a younger Kurt obviously enjoying himself a little too much....God, had she ever looked like that?

[Elizabeth] "I see, Sir...." Lizzie said softly, feeling a little uncomfortable. God, was she supposed to have seen these? Would she have ever if she hadn't broken into his office?

[Fr.Wagner] "I keep them, to remind myself of who I was and who I can still become, " Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "I guess you could say I was extremely unhappy and found a way not to notice. Then it was the thing making me unhappy. I just... didn't realize. It's a difficult thing Lizzie, I know."

[Fr.Wagner] "You probably feel right now like someone opened up a giant hole inside of you and there's nothing to fill it with." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] "A little...." Lizzie wriggled uncomfortably. "But it isn't the same - I needed those pills for my head!" Lizzie put the binder carefully on the desk and wound the phone cord around her fingers. "I get bad headaches - my telepathy doesn't help and it's like - it helps numb it for a little while."

[Elizabeth] "And now I'm not allowed to take them and my head hurts so much! Can't you talk to Annie? Please?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head again and then nodded. Why did he keep doing that? He was on the phone...

[Fr.Wagner] "I understand how you must be feeling. But the one thing I can't do is talk to Annie".. You asked me to put on my stole. This conversation is private - between you and I. It stays that way."

[Elizabeth] "But - Please? Annie completely cleared my room of everything! Even the bottle of whisky I got for Warren. She left me with aspirin. Like ASPRIN works on my head!" Lizzie yelped down the phone and sat back forcefully in the seat, banging her head on the head rest.

[Elizabeth] "So if I ask you to take off the stool thing you'll ask her?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was silent for a moment.

[Fr.Wagner] "It works like this. When a priest is wearing a vestment, which is what my stole is, they are bound by certain rules, which right now I am.

[Fr.Wagner] "If I took it off, I wouldn't be bound by those rules. I could talk to Nurse Annie about this conversation if I wanted. There would only be one problem. I would talk to her about what I wanted to talk about. You still might not get your way."

[Fr.Wagner] "If it were me, I would go for the stole and Aspirin. At least then you know what you're getting."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie scowled slightly and slouched a little in the chair. Yeah, because he reeeeally cares.....Bullshit.

[Fr.Wagner] "What about you - did you really take all those pills for a headache?"

[Elizabeth] "Yes." Lizzie said in a very small voice. "I needed them to make the pain stop...Not that they worked very well...But, I needed them for my head. Honestly."

[Elizabeth] "I hate my powers. I can't control them no matter what I do and the headaches get worse every year....Ever since I was thirteen, I've had my powers and I still can't use them and my head still hurts."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat up a little in the chair, thinking over one of the thigs he had said...Shut myself off...

[Elizabeth] "I...wanted to shut myself off too..." Lizzie said the words without realising.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt fidgeted with the ends of his stole sadly.

[Fr.Wagner] "But we can't can we? We can't shut ourselves off."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried to laugh. "Take it from one who tried to write the book, it's impossible."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was about to agree when she heard meantion of the word 'book' and almost choked.

[Elizabeth] "I...if...If I really am messed up on my pills then...I almost killed you because I have this problem that even I didn't know I had and no one else saw..." Lizzie tried to blink away the tears that were once more pricking the corners of her eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "A lot of times people might not see our problems until it's too late. And we might deny our own situations. It's very difficult." Kurt said gravely.

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie, I don't want you to ever feel like you're alone in trying to deal with this."

[Fr.Wagner] "Day or Night, you come find me, okay? Just like you did today. You did the right thing Lizzie."

[Elizabeth] "Uh...Okay. I'm sorry about what I did to you...But -" Lizzie caught her breath for a second, unsure if she should say this,,,

[Elizabeth] "I...told Warren. He said it wasn't my fault but...maybe he was trying to stop me crying or stop me blowing his room up. I don't know. Was it my fault?"

[Elizabeth] "I mean, no one made me take those painkillers, not exactly, and if they've been doing funny things to my head like with you and the car when you were drunk....."

[Elizabeth] "Was it my fault?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie when people are under the influence of drugs and alcohol, the topic of fault and blame is a big one and an important one. But it is best not taken on so early in ones recovery.

[Fr.Wagner] "The important thing right now is that you are getting enough rest and staying relaxed. It's still very early for you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Some day, you and I can talk about what happened with the bookcase in my office, but not now. Not now."

[Fr.Wagner] "Are you able to sleep? Are you getting enough at night?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked down at the floor. Well, the fact he'd brushed off her niggling question sure as hell wouldn't help her sleep.

[Elizabeth] "I probably should get more. But I can't sleep when my head hurts...I feel a bit sick too. I don't...Annie's hardly going to give me sleeping pills..." Lizzie sighed

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, just try Lizzie. Lay down in the dark, shut your eyes, don't think about sleeping. It may not be the best I know..." Kurt admitted.

[Fr.Wagner] "And if you can't sleep. You can always call me." Kurt could help smiling. "You have the number now."

[Fr.Wagner] "I made a promise to you Lizzie, and I always keep my promises." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] "So...I can talk to you at any time? And not Xavier? You won't make me talk to Xavier will you? He wasn't...I don't like talking to him." Lizzie admitted, looking around carefully and pulling her mental sheilds up.

[Elizabeth] "And I'll try and sleep. Honest."

[Fr.Wagner] "No," Kurt said, shaking his head, "I'll never force you to do anything you don't wan to."

[Fr.Wagner] "The couch in my office is pretty comfortable though I can't imagine it will be as good as your own bed." Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] "Oh...I'm sorry. It must be really late over there," Lizzie blushed. "So...Thank you, Sir, for listening."

[Fr.Wagner] "It's quite alright. I told you we coudl talk whenever you wanted. Now get some rest Lizzie, even if it's just a nap. Can you try to do that for me?"

[Elizabeth] "Yes Sir," Lizzie said, yawning slightly. "I'll see you when term starts, right?"

[Fr.Wagner] "Alright," Kurt said warmly. He slid the thin stole from his shoulders and carefully folded it.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm glad you called Lizzie. We'll keep working on this when I come back, alright?"

[Elizabeth] "Please, I'd like that..." Lizzie said hopefully. Wow....an adult was actually listening to her. That was new.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm going to say good night now." Fr. Wagner said, "Will you be alright?"

[Elizabeth] "I will now. If not I can go wake Warren up, I suppose. He doesn't seem to mind me being a twerp. Goodnight, Sir."

[Fr.Wagner] "Good night Lizzie. Keep that number until I get back okay?"

[Elizabeth] "I will," Lizzie nodded - dumbass she was on the PHONE. "I'll save it on my mobile phone."

[Elizabeth] "Goodnight."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie set the phone down in the cradle and stood up. Not...quite what she had had in mind when she called him, but it was a start.

{edited to fix massive errors. --SK}

[Edited on 7/8/06 by Saint Kurt]

[Edited on 7/8/2006 by HoodedMan]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was sat with her feet tucked under her on the sofa, hugging a cushion to herself, listlessly watching a DVD. Interview with the Vampire. Not very Chritmassy, but she was not in the mood for Christmas....

[Elizabeth] She was still in her pyjama's and while her hair was clean enough it looked like it hadn't met with a brush for a very long time.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie had caught sight of herself in a mirror on the way down here earlier and had shuddered to see that she was a lot paler than before and thinner too. Dark shadows circled her eyes from a lack of sleep. Sleep which she seriously needed but couldn't seem to get.

[Elizabeth] At least she wasn't being disturbed...Angel had gone to spend Christmas Day with her uncle in New York, something she deserved after what Lizzie had put the poor thing through.

[Elizabeth] She watched the television screen, barely concentrating....She used to love Christmas so much...

TheFallen enters this room

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walked down the stairs tiredly. He didn't expect anyone to be up this morning; he wouldn't have gotten up except the movie playing in the Rec Room he heard from upstairs didn't exactly sound like It's a Wonderful Life.

[TheFallen] He blinked at the TV, which seemed to be playing a horror flick... then he spotted the room's sole occupant, and grinned. He wasn't surprised.

[TheFallen] "Good morning!" he said mock-brightly, trudging over to the couch Lizzie wasn't sitting on and flopping onto it. "You look like hell."

[Elizabeth] "Thanks..." Lizzie said through gritted teeth, and hugged the cushion a little tighter to herself.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow at her. "You all right? Doesn't look like you're in the Christmas spirit."

[TheFallen] So she was in a bad mood. He couldn't blame her; it was Christmas and she was stuck here like him. "Want some eggnog?" He flashed her a grin.

[Elizabeth] "Not really...." Lizzie shifted uncomfortably. "At least not your eggnog."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. "Nurse Annie seems to think you've already sampled my eggnog," he said nonchalantly.

[TheFallen] "She got me Christmas presents!" He pulled a handful of foil packets out of his pocket and showed them to Lizzie, then burst into laughter at the look on her face.

[Elizabeth] "Have YOU been drinking spu-eggnog?" Lizzie scowled, sitting up painfully, her eyes widening slightly at the sight of all the condoms. "Oh my, that's a lot...."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie quickly flciked her eyes back to the film. Oh god this was like tlaking about sex with her brother James. She focused on the screen for a monet...Hmmm, Lestat was kinda...Warren-ish. She cast an uncomfortable eye to the coffee table to check the shape of it....

[TheFallen] He grinned darkly. "Yeah, well she was under the impression I was very active. What did you say to that woman?"

[Elizabeth] "I didn't tell her anything," Lizzie said edgily, wondering how she could explain without telling him about her...accident.

[Elizabeth] "She just...got the wrong impression when she -" Lizzie broke off. "She was um, taking my drink off me and I asked her to leave the whisky as I was going to give it to you..."

[Elizabeth] "I have a lot of...things I liberated from the fetish nights I used to sneak into and she saw some of that and...Do I rally have to say any more?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen tried to catch up. "Wait, she was taking away your alcohol? That sucks; why?"

[TheFallen] "I mean, it's not like they have a very strict alcohol policy at this school. Or any at all, for that matter."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked down at her feet and saw that she was wearing odd socks. Oh, did she really have to tell him? She'd already dumped enough shit on him to last forever.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised both eyebrows at her lack of reponse. "Lizzie? Why did she take your alcohol away?"

[TheFallen] Thinking about it, he could kind of see how that'd be a smart move, but it would probably be less than tactful to tell Lizzie that...

[TheFallen] Annie didn't seem the type to take such drastic measures, though, without reason. She was kind of psycho lately, though; he could bear witness to that.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie flexed her toes a few times and looked up. "I'm not allowed to drink anymore."

[Elizabeth] "I'm not really...She took away everything. That's how she saw my...'collection'. She's also taken me off my medication..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen furrowed his brow, ignoring the references to her 'collection'. He didn't want to know...

[TheFallen] "Well, that's rather... random. Are they doing that to everyone?"

[TheFallen] "Because if so, I guess I'd better hide my alcohol." He smirked.

[TheFallen] "I can't think why they would do a clean sweep like that," he continued, mainly to himself. "It's winter and nobody's doing anything."

[Elizabeth] "No. Just me. Annie want's me to go dry or something...Do you have any headache pills on you? She took me off my medication." Lizzie asked, almost shyly.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowned at her. There was something she wasn't telling him.

[TheFallen] "Not except my ibuprofen upstairs. You mean she didn't let you keep stuff for your headaches?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head. "I'm...Annie said it wasn't working like it should any more."

[Elizabeth] She twisted uncomfortably in her spot and stared at the screen. Hopefully that would be enough to stop him questioning.

[TheFallen] "Huh." Sounded like her tolerance had gone up. That was unusual.

[TheFallen] She did take a pretty high dose, though, if he remembered correctly.

[TheFallen] "Well, it's a good thing I didn't get you alcohol for Christmas." He grinned.

[Elizabeth] "Pardon?" Lizzie frowned and twisted her head to look at him, glad the topic was beginning to vanish

[TheFallen] "You're pardoned," he said beatifically.

[TheFallen] "Just what I said. I was thinking of getting you something like rum for Christmas, but it's apparently a good thing I didn't."

[Elizabeth] "Oh...yes, rarther..." Lizzie said and propped her chin on the arm of the sofa. "Are you...annoyed about what Annie thought? Because I honestly didn't say anything...."

[TheFallen] "No, I just had no idea what she was talking about. She tried to be all subtle about it."

[TheFallen] "Then I caught on and was like, 'Wait, what?!'" He laughed at the recollection.

[Elizabeth] "It must have been pretty funny to see..." Lizzie managed a grin, her first proper grin for ages.

[TheFallen] "So, it's Christmas," Warren changed the subject. "You just got up and started watching Interview with the Vampire? Saving presents for later? I used to do that... back when I got presents," he frowned briefly.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen then smacked himself mentally; he wasn't the only one who wouldn't be getting a present from his parents or friends.

[TheFallen] "But I guess I don't see anyone else down here either. They must all be sleeping in like normal people."

[Elizabeth] "I wasn't sure if anyone else was around. Angel went to New York..." Lizzie commented. "And Interview is a great film."

[Elizabeth] "It's not like I have presents to open though," Lizzie tried to keep her voice light as she glanced over to the tree.

[Elizabeth] Wait...was that? Lizzie frowned and stood up, her knees turning to jelly as she remembered she'd yet to eat or even drink breakfast and she nearly fell over the coffee table.

[TheFallen] Warren opened his mouth to correct her, then blinked. "You sure you haven't had alcohol?" He helped her up.

[TheFallen] "I'm going to get you a danish or something. You obviously haven't eaten enough." He wandered into the dining hall, where hopefully there would be some remnants of Christmas dinner.

[Elizabeth] "No...I haven't had any alcohol for ages," Lizzie called after him as he wanderd out, unsure if she was capable of following on her weak legs.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sighed and wandered over to the tree, as her intention had been and crouched down, wincing as she was slightly stiff, and peeked under the branches...Presents. With her name on?

[Elizabeth] Biting her lip, Lizzie pulled the two gifts that had her name on out from under the branches and sat back, looking at them...Which to open first? Looking at the large box she instantly noticed that it was addresed on the top and the return address was James Braddock.

[Elizabeth] The other gift was just tagged as 'Lizzie' in a very fine and flowing hand. She picked that one up and turned it over. It felt heavy and dipped slightly when she held it in both hands. Clothes? Who had sent her clothes she wondered as she began to neatly tear into the corner of it.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walked back in, danishes and eggnog in hand.

[TheFallen] "This eggnog doesn't have alcohol in it; I promise." He set everything on the coffee table, and sat back down on the sofa, watching her open presents.

[Elizabeth] "Thanks....Oh my GOD!" Lizzie gasped as she tored the package open and a heavy, black cloak spilled out ito her lap, it's hood lined with what looked and felt like fur.

[Elizabeth] "Who on earth....?" Lizzie stood up and held it against herself, looking at it in admiration. It was so gorgeoous...And horribly expensive no doubt, she could see that from the feel of the material and the cut of it.

[TheFallen] "Uh." Warren coughed uncomfortably. "I was going to sign it, but I forgot. We didn't give many gifts in my family, so we always knew who was getting what."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's jaw dropped. Oh my GOD! She opened her mouth and closed it again, then remembered herself. "Thank you...it's beautiful...."

[TheFallen] "Well, I'm glad you like it," he said akwardly. "I saw how much you wore your hoodie and I just thought, a New York winter coming and everything, you might want something warmer."

[Elizabeth] "I feel awful now...I haven't bught you a present. I know you asked me not to when I asked....but still. Annie took the whisky.." Lizzie blushed then remembered the envelope she had propped on the mantlepiece and floated it from behind the clock to Warren.

[Elizabeth] "I feel so, so stupid now..." Lizzie went a dark red colour and hugged the cloak to herself.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen eyed the floating envelope uneasily and snatched it from the air.

[TheFallen] "I don't need whisky; I have enough, trust me. But thanks for the thought." He opened the envelope and read it.

[TheFallen] He read the written words again, the script almost equal to his own, and blinked.

[TheFallen] ((For those of you tuning in from home: To Warren Worthington, I owe you one favour, be it large or small; whatever you ask of me is yours. Elizabeth Braddock.))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen folded the letter gently and put it back in the envelope. "Thank you, Lizzie. I can honestly say I've never had a gift like this before; it means a lot to me."

[TheFallen] "It means more than you might think; a lot of favors owed me kind of got lost really really quickly..." he pondered that. "And it's not often you get a blank check. So thanks."

[Elizabeth] "I'm glad. I couldn't think whate else to get and I haven't been able to go out recently..." Lizzie gently laid the cloak down on the couch and snagged a danish, biting into it and knelt down by the large box she had yet to open.

[Elizabeth] She paused for a second, then looked away from the box, back to Warren. "May I...ask - why are you so kind to me?"

[Elizabeth] "All I ever seem to do is come to you to cry or get drunk...."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen leaned back on the arm of the couch and sighed. She certainly did like to ask the hard questions, didn't she? But then, all females did.

[TheFallen] "Well, the easiest answer is I did the same thing; got drunk and didn't exactly cry on you but dumped a lot more on you than I should have."

[TheFallen] "But it's not just making up for that. Part of it's because I was helped so much by my friend and I wanted to pass it along, I guess."

[TheFallen] "But I think the biggest thing is that you remind me a lot of... me, cliché as that sounds, and I just want to help. I don't like seeing people hurt."

[Elizabeth] "You didn't dump on me too much. Of course, what you told me...it wasn't easy to hear, but you needed to talk I suppose..." Lizzie said and the pieces fitted ito place a little more. Now she was beginning to get it....Maybe it was good she was off the meds...

[Elizabeth] Lizzie bit her lip and picked up her parcel from James and took it over to the sofa so she could open it in more comfort.

[Elizabeth] tossed aside the layers of protective polysterine balls and tissue and picked out an almost flat, square thing wrapped in dark cloth which she tugged aside. "Oh...."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was staring back at herself. It was her 18th borthday photographic portrait, which James had taken. She had seen the one he had don of her with Andrew, but she hadnt seen this yet..."It's...Wow. My brother took this. He's trying to become an artiste...It's my 'coming of age' picture..."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie hesitantly held it out to Warren, very aware of how much prettirt and healthier she had looked back in July when it had been taken.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen took the picture and surveyed it curiously. It was a nice picture, Lizzie standing in the English countryside... and looking happy.

[TheFallen] A big smile on her face and everything. He hadn't ever seen her looking that happy; she didn't smile much at Xavier U. And she certainly looked a lot healthier than she did now.

[TheFallen] He frowned to himself as he glanced over at her and saw how sickly she still looked, though she was getting better. He certainly hoped Nurse Annie knew what she was doing.

[TheFallen] He smiled and handed it back. "He's a good photographer."

[Elizabeth] "Thanks," Lizzie smiled and put it down next to her and started to take the other things out of the box: PG Tips teabags, Hob Nob biscuits...Lizzie rolled her eyes. James's favourites...There were some books, CDs, and some small gift boxes with new jewellry for her many piercings.

[Elizabeth] At the botom was a slightly different gift box. Lizzie ilfted it out from between a tube of Smarties and a large bar of Cadburys and opened it carefully.

[Elizabeth] "Oh...why did he have to send this?" Lizzie bit her lip, trembling as she lifted out a very valuable looking ring.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen watched her silently from across the table with a half-smile. Seemed like the ring had some special significance to her; he felt like he was intruding on a very important moment.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen pondered; there was something significant about a ring like that that... he just couldn't remember what it was.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie slipped the ring on her finger. It still fit, thankfully. "I'm sorry...I jsut hate this place." Lizzie heaved herself up off the sofa and started to eat the Smarties.

[Elizabeth] "This, well, I'm glad to have it back but it's just a bitter reminder of what i lost. It's part of my inheritance...I got it for my eighteenth birthday. Everyone in my family get's something....valuable when they're eighteen."

[Elizabeth] "I just - I suppose I'm glad youre here. You understand, don't you? At least, more than the others...." Lizzie trailed off as she looked out over the grounds.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded in sympathy, and he smiled a bitter half-smile. "Yeah, I know what it's like."

[TheFallen] It actually seemed pretty shitty of her brother to send that reminder to her so soon, when she was still getting used to the fact, but he didn't mean it that way.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie went back to the sofa and rooted through her box. Nothing else really, just the usual shower of junky yet fun things.

[Elizabeth] "I used to love Christmas...."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiled wryly. "So did I."

[Elizabeth] "Things change, don't they? You think everything will stay the same...then life kicks you, hard."

[TheFallen] "Doesn't it."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen glanced at the TV and notices the credits are rolling. "Looks like your movie's over." He smirked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sighed and got up. "Mind if I put Labyrinth on?" Lizzie asked, picking the case up from where she had left it and held it under her arm as she took the disk out of the player.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stretches across the couch and puts his hands behind his head. "Not at all."

[TheFallen] He was probably going to take a nap anyway.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie put the Labyrinth disk in and pciked her way back over to her designated couch and curled up on the end, absently stroking the soft fur hood of her new cloak...

[Elizabeth] It was so pretty....She thought, tiredly as the film started, her eyes feeling droopy.

[Elizabeth] Soon, she was fast asleep, her fingers of one hand curled in the cloak as if it were a comfort blanket.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked as he blinked drowsily and glanced over to see Lizzie asleep on top of her cloak. Well, that was one use for it.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen closed his eyes and dozed. A rather untraditional Christmas morning, but it was still nice.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Instance: Waylaid at the Bedpost

Post by Saint Kurt »

Fr.Kurt enters this room

Lizzie enters this room

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt trudged to the door of his room, let his luggage drop around his feet, and fished in his pocket for his keys.

[Fr.Kurt] "Home, sweet home…" Or, whatever this place was.

[Lizzie] Lizzie turned the corner on the landing, wrapping her cloak around her shoulders. It had been just a little too cold for her to be out in her current state, even with the cloak so she had slipped in the back way to head for her room, going a way she rarely used.

[Lizzie] Hearing jingling, Lizzie looked up to see Wagner in the corridor ahead and jumped a little. "Mister Wagner! You're back!" Lizzie couldn't help but smile as she hurried over to him.

[Lizzie] "I - you're back early! You had a good Christmas? Nothing is wrong is it?" Lizzie asked, feeling slightly concerned. She hoped he hadn't returned early because of her phone call...

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt jumped. He hadn't expected to see anyone in his hallway, especially not a student. Particularly not Lizzie Braddock.

[Fr.Kurt] He was momentarily struck dumb as he thought about what to do next.
[Fr.Kurt] He stood there, silent, his bags still piled around his feet, waiting...

[Lizzie] "Oh heck, I don't have to start taking classes early do I?" Lizzie gasped as the horrible thought entered her mind....

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt knitted his brow. "Um, no..." He was surprised that he was a little bit nervous.

[Fr.Kurt] He thought about his plane ride with Scott. He'd been pretty harsh, but then again Scott hadn't called him in the middle of the night on his own phone.

[Fr.Kurt] ... Or attacked him in his own office.

[Fr.Kurt] "I had other reasons to come back early. How have you been... since... since you called?"

[Lizzie] Lizzie shrugged her shoulders so the soft fur of her hood was ticking her cheeks and took a slight step backwards. "Okay...Well, a little bit down. I miss home."

[Lizzie] "How...are you?" Lizzie bit her lip. He looked better, but that was just on the outside...she inwardly cringed as she remembered that night in the office again.

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt smiled when she mentioned missing home. "I miss home too," he said, glancing at his door, "I mean... already."

[Fr.Kurt] "I'm okay, Lizzie. I'm fine. Things break, but they can be repaired." He reached out touched the fur of her hooded cloak. "This is nice. Was it a Christmas present?"

[Lizzie] Lizzie nodded. "Warren gave it to me."

[Lizzie] "Um, may I ask...do you count here as home, or Rome? Italy is a very nice place. I've been there with my family." Lizzie looked a little wistful as she remembered the good days of her childhood before her manifestation, and even the days after, before her life and begun to slide.

[Fr.Kurt] "Rome," Kurt said. "But I think that's only because it's the first place where I felt like I was myself."

[Fr.Kurt] "I'm glad you had Warren here. You know, when I was your age... I didn't ... adjust well to living outside the circus. What you're going through now, I did."

[Fr.Kurt] "I know it's hard, but it's easier when you're not alone."

[Lizzie] "I've...never really been in a place where I'm able to be myself. At boarding school you had to be one of many perfect little girls walking in a crocodile, you had to conform to what everyone else was. Even here...we have to be what you're trying to make us." Lizzie sighed softly and put her head to one side.

[Lizzie] "Warren has been really kind to me but...He knows what I've done. Apart from my overdose...I couldn't tell him that. I just don't want to rely on him too much. It isn't fair on him."

[Fr.Kurt] For a moment Kurt was confused.

[Fr.Kurt] She had a friend who she felt comfortable telling she attacked a teacher (who was also a priest, which may or may not have mattered depending on her religious upbringing) but she couldn't tell him about overdosing on drugs she used routinely?

[Fr.Kurt] Then again, when did anything he ever did make sense.

[Fr.Kurt] And of course, she had told someone about it. She had told him.

[Fr.Kurt] "We're not trying to make you into anything here. At least, I'm not. I'm just trying to help you find the good person you are inside. To find yourself. Here."

[Lizzie] "I'm not a very good person though," Lizzie gave quite a sly smile.

[Lizzie] "I didn't tell Warren about my 'accident' with my medication, well, mainly as I...It was an accident. Pure and simple. I was only trying to mkae my headache go away for a little while."

[Fr.Kurt] "Not a very good person? How do you know if you've never really been able to be yourself?" Kurt said with a mischievous smile.

[Fr.Kurt] "We make all kinds of excuses for our actions, Lizzie. All of us do. Maybe it was an accident, maybe it wasn't."

[Fr.Kurt] "There were things I did that... I can't ever forgive myself for. I still don't know if I meant to do them or not. But I can still try to be a good person."

[Lizzie] "Are we still talking about my 'overdose'?" Lizzie asked, a little stiffly.

[Fr.Kurt] "We could be talking about anything Lizzie. We all make mistakes." Kurt said. He could see her demeanor changing and backed off.

[Fr.Kurt] He was too tired to risk... well, whatever it was he might be risking. She wasn't like he remembered her, but it didn't mean it didn't pay to be cautious.

[Lizzie] "I know," Lizzie turned her head away slightly. "I've made a few. But it really depends what you count as a mistake, and if that mistake is your own fault..."

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt rubbed his eyes with one hand.

[Fr.Kurt] "Yeah, that's true..." He started to say, but realized he wasn't totally sure what she was talking about.

[Fr.Kurt] It was getting to the point where he couldn't think in English anymore and he was pretty sure whatever she had said hadn't survived the translation process.

[Fr.Kurt] "Sometimes, what's most important is the effort we put in." Kurt said, "and the meaning behind it. You'll know when you're doing the right thing and when you're not."

[Lizzie] Lizzie chewed on her lip and took a slight step backward. She got what he was saying....just. He seemed very tired.

[Lizzie] "Can I still come and talk to you any time?"
[Lizzie] Lizzie decided a swift subject change then retreat was called for...he seemed very groggy now and she really wanted to put her cloak away. Still, it was nice to see him back...

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt wiped his eyes again. God he was tired. He was going to go in there and sleep. He didn't care what he found going on.

[Fr.Kurt] "I'm sorry," he said, "I don't sleep on planes and it's been a long trip."

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt straightened up, trying not to look as exhausted as he felt. "And of course you can Lizzie. Any time. You have the honor of being the only student who can find my classroom, my office and..."

[Fr.Kurt] Kurt slid his key into the lock, "Where I live."

[Fr.Kurt] He smiled. "Just give me about a 5 hour nap though, okay?"

[Lizzie] "I shall take the secret to my grave," Lizzie said slyly. "And I can take a hint. Sleep well, sir." Lizzie noded to him and took a few steps backwards.

[Lizzie] She watched him walk tiredly through the door to his room and close it, then heard it lock tight.

[Lizzie] After staring at the shut door, Lizzie turned slowly and carried on to her own room hoping that she never broke into that room by accident.

[Lizzie] They'd expel her for sure.

[Lizzie] ((wrapped))

[Fr.Kurt] ((And they lived happily forever after. Or took a nap. Which ever came first.))

Stepping into the room with the door shut behind him, he looked around, waiting for some catastrophe to befall him. Nothing. Everything was where he had left it and he was alone. Kurt sighed; probably not enough of the students knew were his rooms were yet. They were only targeting his office for now.

Kurt's rooms were a lot plainer than his office was, a small sitting room and a bedroom. He leaned his suitcases up against the couch and set his briefcase on the table. He sat down on the couch rubbing his eyes for a moment. It had been a long trip, but it was over, for now at least.

He stood up again and wandered to the door of his bedroom. And there it was. His bed. Nothing had ever looked better. Without bothering to change or move the covers aside, Kurt collapsed onto it and was instantly asleep.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Instance: A very special Wagner Christmas

Post by Saint Kurt »

RecRoom

[Shiro] Shiro walked in to the Recroom shaking from the cold air

Angel_II enters this room

[Shiro] "chikushou sorenari hiyaritoshita" he cursed looking out of the window

[Shiro] (damn it is cold out there)

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was in the corner, out of her room for once as she was getting sick of the sight of it. She just hoped that there wouldn't be too many people around...She was not in much of a 'people' mood.

Summers enters this room

[Shiro] he sitted on to the couch and started to play his playstation portable ((:/))

[Summers] Scott walked in, looking for people to tell his plan to. Ah - there was Lizzie in the corner. She didn't look very approachable...but.

[Summers] "Hi, Lizzie." He said with a smile.

[Angel_II] Angel sat in the chair, flipping though a magazine idly. Bored again. She fiddled with her dragonfly earrings. She was still nervous wearing something that nice just around the school.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. Scott was....talking? Lizzie looked up at him, mumbled a hello and looked away.

[Shiro] Suddenly Shiro threw his psp to the floor allmost yelling "fuck you", then he took it and put it in to his pocket

[Shiro] not the best moment to play

[Elizabeth] She wished she had her cloak with her as it was slightly cold in her little corner, but she didn't want to damage it by dragging it all over the school like a security blanket.

[Summers] "And Angel." He added belatedly seeing her.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped slightly at Shrio's outburst and drew her knees to her chest.

[Summers] He glanced at Shirop and inwardly sighed at the wall of silence that was Lizzie.

[TheFallen] "Hey, Scott..." Warren said uneasily as he walked over and nudged Lizzie.

[Angel_II] "Hey, you," she grinned at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen bent down out of Scott's hearing. "Be nice," he ordered, smirking then walking away.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped a little at the nudge and smiled slightly up at Warren.

[Elizabeth] "Or else what?"

Japheth enters this room

[Summers] "I have an idea." He walked over to Angel. "Fr. Wagner needs a little Christmas party. He doesn't have any family to celebrate it with, and I thought it would be nice if we threw him a Christmas party."

[Japheth] "Geez Scott, you already using my bed as a storage area?"

[Summers] ((redundancy thou name is me))

[Summers] Scott turned at Japh

[Summers] 's voice. Hey! I didn't , uh, think you were coming back early, I"ll move it asap."

[Angel_II] She sat up, setting down the magazine. "Hey, good idea. He's cool."

[Japheth] "What's this about a Christmas party?"

[Summers] "For Fr. Wagner. He doesn't have a family to spend it with, so he didn't celebrate it. So, I';m going to throw him a little party." He told japh.

[Angel_II] “Hey, Japh! Welcome back, man.” She smiled at him.

[Japheth] Japh smiled back at Angel, "Hey, wondered when you'd notice me."

[Summers] "We just need a few more decorations and maybe a fire in the fire place, then we can get some food out. I have a present for him." He patted the sweater pocket that held the tennis ball.

[Summers] “What do you guys think?”

[Elizabeth] A party? For the man who she had thrown ito a bookcase, whose office she had broken into twice - onnce to end up throwing him into said bookcase and the other time to make a long distance phone call?

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded silently in the corner. It sounded like a really good idea to him.

[TheFallen] A grin dawned. And he had just the idea for a present... how to get it, though, before the party started?

[Elizabeth] And who she had harrassed as soon as he had returned to school.....As glad as she was to see him, Lizzie was not buying it too well and looked nervously at Warren, hoping he'd suss things by the look on her face.

[Japheth] "I think it's an nice idea."

[TheFallen] Summers> "Do I have time to drive out real quick and get something?"
[Summers] "Ok - I'll go get some leftovers from the kitchen, can someone get the fire going?"

[Summers] "Uh, ok..." Crap what was his name? "Warren."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grinned evilly at the word fire. "Why, I think I could start a fire at that. Where would you prefer?"

[Japheth] Japh turned to look at Warren after Scott's question.

[Elizabeth] "Try the fireplace..."

[Elizabeth] "Not the tree. You can't burn the tree."

[Summers] Scott nodded, remembering Halloween. "Ok, I'll be right back." He left.

[Summers] ((Who's going to go get Fr. Wagner?))

[TheFallen] "Of course I can," he smirked at her, then walked over to the fireplace, breathed in deeply, then lit it with a huff.

[TheFallen] "And now I'll be right back," he tipped an imaginary hat and walked out to start his car.

[Elizabeth] "No, it's against the rules. Probably."

[Angel_II] ((I dunno....I'm...getting decorations maybe. Got an issue. BRB))

[Summers] ((k))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up. God...present? She didn't know. "Umm...I'll...I don't know," Lizzie shrugged. She had no way of going to get a present as Warren had gone already. She couldn't cook, do decorations....

[Summers] Scott returned a few minutes later, loaded down with tupperware full of a feast that Professor Xavier must have had the part-time cook make.

[Angel_II] “I think I saw some more decorations in the closet, yo. I’ll be right back.” She hopped up and left to hunt them down.

[Elizabeth] "One question....how are we going to get Wagner in here?" Lizzie asked with a shrug.

[Summers] He smiled to himself as he set up the food on the coffee table. "Plates and silverware." Scott paused in leaving. "Isn't he in this office?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walked back into the room and sat down on the couch, grinning widely.

[Elizabeth] "Why would he be? Hasn't he had an international flight recently? He'll probably be in his own room, jet lagged."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie noticed Warren come back in, looking very smug.

[Summers] "Well, then, why don;t you go get him, and I'll finish the details?"

[Elizabeth] "Oh, okay..." Lizzie shrugged and stuffed her hands in her pockets and wandered out of the room.

[Summers] Scott left to get the china and flatware.

[Angel_II] Angel came back in with a small box of tasteless decorations and starting setting them up.

[Angel_II] ((I'm sorta back. Kinda))

[Summers] Scott returned and set the dishes and silverware in a pile next to the food.

[Japheth] Japh looked at Scott with the dishes. "so... uhmmm" Japh started to feel like a fifth wheel. "Anything for me to do? I feel a little useless at the moment."

[Summers] "Oh, awesome, Angel." Scott said as he pulled out some garish wrapping paper and a bit of loose string.

[Summers] "Well, um...I forgot napkins, if you want to go get those."

[TheFallen] "Come to think of it, I should probably gift wrap that present. Don't want to give it to him in a Home Depot bag." Warren smirked and headed back upstairs.

[Japheth] Japh left for the napkins.

[Summers] Scott looked at his wrapped ball. It looked messy. Oh well. It's the thought that counts. Round objects are harder to wrap that rectangular ones.

[Japheth] Japh came back with thee kinds of napkins, "Okay, we have the ordinary cheap white ones, the frilly froo froo red ones and the stylish green ones. Which one then, and choose carefully, your life may depend on it."

[Angel_II] Angel finished setting up the little knickknacks and looked around. Well, she had jack to give him, but, she helped at least.

[Summers] "Put them all down. You never know."

[Summers] "I got some left over eggnog, some soda and juice."

[Japheth] "Okay, but I have this strange feeling the green ones would be the best. I don't know why." Japh placed them on the table.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen headed back down the stairs. "So how's it going?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie walked into the room, talking in a very loud voice over her shoulder.

[Elizabeth] "Honest sir I saw a huge RAT! With FANGS! This place should be condemmed!"

[TheFallen] "Aw, shi—" Warren dove into the room and hid behind the couch.

[Elizabeth] "And if it isn't gotten rid of right now I shall not be held responsible for my actions."

[Summers] ((rats?! lol))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie, are you sure it wasn't the cat?"

[Elizabeth] "Unless it's eaten the fur of it's tail, NO!" Lizzie squeaked, stamping her foot.

[Angel_II] Angel snickered at Lizzie's loud pronouncement, stepping out of immediate view of the door.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen snickered silently behind the couch. Lizzie put on a good performance.

[Fr.Wagner] "What I mean to say is... I really don't think there are rats with fangs here, but I have the net and the traps like you asked."

[Elizabeth] "It's disgusting! I shouldn't have to stand for it!" Lizzie took on a dramatic stance and folded her arms, sniffing the air.

[Elizabeth] "Rats have sharp teeth, don't they?" Lizzie looked at him very innocently. Oooh, she was evil to make him lug that big net down into the rec room....

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner stepped into the room.

[Fr.Wagner] ((He's not dressed in clerics. Just jeans and a t-shirt.))

[Summers] "Merry Christmas Fr. Wagner!" Scott said.

[Summers] ((hehe. guttermind for that too...))

[Angel_II] "Merry Christmas," Angel chimed in. "Little late..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stood up from behind the couch and nodded to Wagner. At least Scott hadn't insisted they all childishly yell "Surprise!" or something like that.

[Japheth] "Merry Christmas" Japh joined in.

[Elizabeth] "What they said," Lizzie said all innocence as she looked up at Wagner.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner jumped back in surprise, nearly netting Lizzie. For a moment he was speechless. Then he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Oh, I feel ridiculous."

[Elizabeth] ((Lizzie is wearing what I wore to work today as I said so http://www.tshirtsville.com/acatalog/ba ... shirt.html))

[Fr.Wagner] "How... When... did you do this?"

[TheFallen] ((LOL))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squealed and tripped as the net came crashing towards her head and landed on the rug.

[Japheth] Japh reached out to help Lizzie up.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm sorry," Kurt said quickly and leaned it against the wall.

[Elizabeth] "You feel ridiculous?" Lizzie blinked, allowing Japh to help her up.

[TheFallen] ((so we have drinks but no food?))
[Elizabeth] ((liquid lunch))

[Fr.Wagner] ((It's a typical party at Xaviers))

[Summers] "Just now, I guess. We have food too." Scott gestured to the laden coffee table. "Sit down and enjoy?"

[TheFallen] ((rofl, except nothing's alcoholic))

[Japheth] "I'm surprised that was the least you did for her terrible acting."

[Fr.Wagner] He walked into the room in astonishment.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie scowled at Japh and slunk over to the coffee table, picked up a few morsels and went to sit a polite distance from everyone.

[Elizabeth] "I'd like to see you do better next time."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow across the room at her. Nope, not in a good mood.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is incredible. I was alone in the presbytery over Christmas."

[Fr.Wagner] "How did you know?"

[Japheth] "Don't worry Lizzie, I don't even have acting abilities, I have to envy yours." Japh whispered to Lizzie.

[Summers] "Lucky guess?" Scott smiled.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it's amazing. We had a Christmas tree and decorations at our presbytery , but nothing like this."

[Angel_II] On impulse Angel gave Father Wagner a quick hug. "Merry late Christmas, then," she said. She liked him....and he had been a large part of her decision to trust the school. She stepped back, embarrased at her little display.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Merry Christmas to you Angel."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt a little awkward...She did like Wagner, in her own very odd way....But she felt like she was very out of place.

[Summers] "Well, uh sit down, relax." Scott said, gesturing to the couch and display of food.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked over at a table where food and drink had been set out. It was so nice of them. It made him think of his last conversation with Xavier, how the only way to gain their trust was to be with the students and to be honest.

[Angel_II] She nodded and gave him a little smile, slinking back to her chair.

[Fr.Wagner] Had he done that then?

[TheFallen] ((Haha, too bad he doesn't know Warren spiked the eggnog again.))
[Angel_II] ((LMAO))

[TheFallen] ((No, he didn't. But rofl.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat down on the couch and gestured for the other students to join him.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know all of you weren't here over the break, you'll have to tell me what you did with your free time."

[Japheth] "I think I'll stand, I was sitting for 15 hours straight before now."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie wriggled a little on the armchair she was sat on and brushed a few crumbs off her lap. She froze up the moment she heard Wagner asking everyone to tell him what they had done....

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sits down hesitantly on the other side of the couch.

[Summers] Scott moved the tennis ball aside, and sat down on the loor, back to the warm fire.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "Oh, you had to do the thing that I did a few days ago. I really hate flying."

[Elizabeth] Oh. Yes. Because most of her time had been taken up by going cold fucking turkey. She did so so want to share that....She looked at the floor and pretened she wasn't even there.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried some of the food that had been set out. It was pretty good. He had a feeling that the students hadn't made it, but that wasn't what mattered.

[Japheth] "Well at least I got a window seat this time. That helped a lot."

[TheFallen] "Almost burned down the kitchen," Warren said with a dark grin.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie perked up a little on Warren's words. That had been funny....

[Japheth] "Yes, thankfully I save all the napkins"

[Fr.Wagner] "I always try to get the seat where there's nobody next to me," Kurt said with a grin.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at Warren quizically. "Were you cooking in the kitchen? Or doing something else?"

[TheFallen] "Cooking. Not very well. I think I put too much brandy in the brandy pudding," he said with a grin.

[Angel_II] Angel sat quietly and watched the others. She hadn't done jack, except kill time.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie hid an evil grin with her hand. "We just can't cook very well..."

[TheFallen] "It kind of..." he mimiced an explosion with his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "They do put the word brandy first don't they."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squeezed her eyes shut, her shoulders shaking violently as she remembered the pudding exploding and covering the entire room. Thankfully she'd thrown up a telekenitic sheild just in time...sort of.

[Summers] Scott softed uncomfortably, thinking how he had spent his holiday. He kept his mouth closed.

[Elizabeth] At least the pudding had escaped their heads....

[Summers] (shifted*))

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you know," Kurt said, "I very nearly told Xavier I would not be returning for another term."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised his head in surprise.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's laughter faded slightly as Kurt changed the conversation. She swallowed nervously and her eyes flickered to Kurt, then to Warren, then back to Kurt, then to the floor.

[Angel_II] She looked at Wagner at that. Really?

[Summers] "Really? Why not?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I missed home so much, and I didn't know if what I was doing was helping. If I was making a difference in your lives or if I was just the guy with the punishments."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowned slightly. He felt kind of bad about that; he gave Wagner a lot of crap but he was a pretty good guy.

[Fr.Wagner] "Xavier asked me to return and after a lot of discussion, I agreed. But I wasn't sure why."

[Summers] "Well, I for one, am VERY glad you came back. You are helping, and definitely making a difference!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. He knew that feeling. In fact, the whole situation was rather reminiscent of his situation.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded without speaking, echoing Scott's sentiment.

[Elizabeth] And the fact I dropped a fucking bookcase on you probably didn't help, Lizzie thought bitterly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled at Scott. "Yes, thank you for this. It shows me that I may have had a affect - for the better."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. Other than Howlett, Wagner was the only adult here she trusted.

[Summers] Scott smiled back. "Wait, here." Scott sat forward and handed the present to Fr. Wagner.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "Present time?"

[Fr.Wagner] Curiously Fr. Wagner took the strangely wrapped misshapen ball. "What is it?" he asked.

[Summers] "Open it and see."

[Angel_II] Angel had already given him a hug, and that was all she had in term of presents. What the heck was that round thing she'd seen Scott fiddling with?

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner carefully undid the wrapping and looked at the gift as it sat in a paper nest in his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] It was a tennisball. He turned it over in his hands and saw a signature scrawled across it's green fuzzy surface. He couldn't read it.

[Fr.Wagner] "Who?" he asked Scott.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie fiddled with the hem of her cutoff skirt...She felt so damn uncomfortable, especially now the presents were coming out.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. A tennis ball?

[Elizabeth] Okay, on seeing the tennis ball she didnt feel so bad.

[Summers] "Pete Sampras. World number one tennis player."

[Angel_II] A tennis ball? Angel squinted at it, remembering her disastrous present to Scott.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised both eyebrows. Well that was pretty awesome. Was Wagner a tennis fan?

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was taken aback. "Shouldn't this be very valuable?" he asked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat back. Fairly impressive...if you liked tennis.

[Summers] "Yeah, but I haven't taken very good care of it, so I thought you might like to have it."

[Fr.Wagner] "Though, the true value in any gift is when it reminds one of the give whenever they see it."

[Angel_II] Wow, pretty cool. She toyed with her earrings again unconsciously. He had to have given Wagner something from his personal collection.

[Fr.Wagner] "These are my favorite kinds of gifts both to give and receive."

[Summers] Scott looked away and noticed angel playing with her earrings. The dragonfl;y ones. He smiled happily.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you Scott. I will find a special place for it so that even when I'm not here or you are long graduated I will still think of Scott Summers and of this wonderful surprise."

[Japheth] Japh grabbed a glass, "Well, this cause for a toast. To Father Wagner, who wanted to go, but thankfully, decided to stay. Goodness knows where this would lead, we could only pray."

[Summers] Scott flushed. "Awesome." He managed.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen was kind of uncomfortable; he hoped he didn't get that kind of sentiment in response to his present. It was meant more as a joke.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grabbed a glass of soda.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed, and looked around for a glass to toast with.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up and grabbed a glass of juice, snifing cautiously to make sure it was juice and only juice.

[Angel_II] Angel picked up the tea she had been drinking earlier, smiling to herself at Scott's blush. How cute was that?

[Japheth] ((and nothing but the juice so help me god))

[Summers] Scott handed Fr. Wagner a glass of soda.

[Summers] ((LMAO))

[Summers] And took one for himself.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thanks," Kurt said with a smile and he took the glass from Scott.

[Fr.Wagner] He clinked his glass loudly with Japh's.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen clinked his glass with the others.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked at the tennis ball from Scott again. He hadn't expected presents at all.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen coughed. "I should go get mine," he said, and walked out of the room.

[TheFallen] ((brb, that means))

[Summers] Scott raised his glass and smiled. "To Fr. Wagner!"

[Angel_II] Angel raised her teacup and joined in. ((brb too))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie muttered something that might be a vague repeat of what Japh had said and clinked her glass with the others before going to standnext to the window, gazing thoughtfully out.

[TheFallen] ((wow, that was an early exit. I thought I had finished the toast.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled sheepishly from his spot on the couch. All this attention was making him blush. He wasn't used to so much attention anymore.

[Japheth] After the clinking Japh just put the glass down again. No need of it anyway.

[Elizabeth] She didn't want to just walk out as that would be seen as very bad manners, but she still felt very out of place.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen came down from the stairs with a box in his hands and set it in front of Kurt.

[Angel_II] ((He turns his text color when he blushes! ))

[TheFallen] He sat on a chair on the other side of the room, watching with a mischevious expression.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner stood up. "I know that you may fear this school is about hidden agendas and uniforms, but the fact that you did this - that no one asked you do."

[Fr.Wagner] "This right here, is what we're really trying to teach you. To be a community together."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie turned her head quickly and was about to blurt out a reply to that, but held her tongue. She had to place to go shout her mouth off right now.

[Fr.Wagner] "And you must never forget that to be part of a community involves making a choice."

[Japheth] Japh listened to Father Wagner's speech while watching Warren's present with keen interest.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner looked down at the box Warren had set in front of him.

[Fr.Wagner] He wasn't even sure it was supposed to be for him.

[Summers] Scott looked at the box and raised and eyebrow.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked at everyone's reaction. Geez, it was like you couldn't give a gift to someone anymore...

[Elizabeth] Instead, Lizzie turned her attention to the present Warren had put infront of Wanger...

[Japheth] "For heaven's sake, open the present.

[TheFallen] ((Geez, drumroll please. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Haha Wanger...)

[Elizabeth] If her cloak was anythig to go by, that guy knew how to give presents....She sidled over to him and gave him a nudge.

[Elizabeth] ((leave me alone its 1am))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looked down at her and grinned. "What?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I take it this is for me," Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] ((I can't spell at 1pm even!))

[Angel_II] Angel sipped at her tea. What had the bat dude...Warren, she reminded herself...gotten him. She leaned forward for a better look.

[TheFallen] Fr.Wagner> "Why, yes. It's your party." He grinned brightly.

[Elizabeth] "You're in a very...gift giving mood for someone who dosen't like presents," Lizzie grinned back up at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked without responding and looked ahead.

[Fr.Wagner] Like with the tennis ball Kurt carefully unwrapped the package. Inside it was ... confusing.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked up at Warren for explanation.

[Elizabeth] "Oh. Like that is it?" Lizzie looked at Warren's expression and grinned a little bit more. That look meant trouble.

[TheFallen] "It's a lock," Warren said with a grin. "For your office."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie burst out laughing and wondered how long it would take her to tekenetically rip that one apart.

[TheFallen] "I just figured," he waved his arm as if in explanation, "since your last one seems to have disintegrated anyway, you would want another one a bit more secure."

[Angel_II] A lock? Angel exchanged confused glances around the room.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at it for a moment. "will it make it more or less convienent to get in?" Kurt asked with a sly grin.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar, so no more winged intruders with bumpkeys..." He smirked.

[Summers] Scott was confused. Apparantly it was an inside joke. He smiled.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. Kurt was marvelously astute; he wondered if he should have mentioned he impressioned it. "Why, Professor. I'm hurt."

[Japheth] Apparently this was some kind of joke, Japh missed quite a lot since he was gone.

[Elizabeth] "Which last one?" Lizzie whispered to Warren, barely audible.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar. Makes almost all lockpicking obsolete. Or just very, very hard."

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner shot a knowing glance at Warren and shrugged.

[Elizabeth] "Because uh....I'll tell you later," Lizzie winked, not wnating anyone to overhear.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it sounds perfect," Kurt said at last.

[Summers] Scott perked up - a lock that was nigh- impossible to pick? I think I'll ask him about that later.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie couldn't help but start giggling again. Oh god it was so so tempting to try and break it later on.

[Fr.Wagner] "I really didn't expect gifts." he said.

[Fr.Wagner] "Just having you all here is enough."

[Fr.Wagner] "I didn't expect any of this. I... I'm glad I came back, really."

[TheFallen] ((FYI: Bump keys are a method of bypassing a lock. Warren used one in an earlier instance to make a dramatic entrance to the school.))

[TheFallen] ((In Wagner's office. So thus the "winged intruders with bump keys" comment.))

[Fr.Wagner] Still, Kurt couldn't help noticing that no one had been very keen on discussing their winter break activities.

[Summers] Scott moved around so he was sitting at Angel's feet. It was just too hot by the fire.

[Japheth] " Father, what did you mean by to be part of a community involves making a choice? A choice like play along or go away?"

[Fr.Wagner] kurt suddenly looked serious. "I didn't get any of you anything."

[Elizabeth] "I didn't get you anything," Lizzie shrugged, feeling a little guilty now.

[Elizabeth] But seriously, what could she have gotten him though, a book?

[Elizabeth] Some nice bookends?

[Angel_II] "Me neither," she said.

[Japheth] ((a new collar?))

[Elizabeth] A light weight bookcase from Ikea?

[Summers] "You came from Rome for me, that's a damn good present."

[TheFallen] "Your party. No presents necessary."

[Fr.Wagner] ((with a nice matching leash?))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie screwed her eyes shut and started to laugh silently at her last thought. Oh that was morbid....

[Fr.Wagner] "well, then if I am off the hook. I can answer Japh's question."

[Fr.Wagner] "Communities are made up be people choosing to to work together, often for a greater goal than they could achieve alone."

[Fr.Wagner] "Nobody forces them to 'be anything' . That is how all the best communities and teams work. They are equals in every way."

[Angel_II] Angel slid down in her seat a bit. She liked Wagner…but he did like his speeches. She studied the back of Scott’s head as she listened.

[Fr.Wagner] "But the equality must come from trust."

[TheFallen] ((Warren's lurking; I'm disconnecting the network cable for a bit.))

[Fr.Wagner] "If there is any point in me staying here at all - this is what we should be working towards. Don't you agree?"

[Summers] Scott leaned back. "Yes." Hopefully he was finished with his speech.
[Elizabeth] "Yes, sir," Lizzie said, shifting slightly. She rarther hoped he'd go back to something lighter now....

[Japheth] "Absolutely." Japh cursed himself for starting up Wagner's speech.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. "I know, I'm boring. There's actually a seminary class where they teach you to say dull things in twice as much time as is needed."

[Elizabeth] "That's....interesting?"

[Japheth] "So it's not a secondary mutant ability?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head. There really were some random classes out there.

[Angel_II] Angel snorted.

[Summers] Scott rolled his eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed "No, you'll find all priests have the ability. Some more than others. I'm right in the middle I've heard."

TheFallen enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] "Perhaps I'll offer a survey course next year. "Dangerously dull rhetoric: advanced technques".

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks.

[Elizabeth] If I survive that long, Lizzie thought with a grin.

[Summers] "Well, then it'll just be you and possibly Doug..." Scott said.

[Fr.Wagner] "You know, because then we could have long boring conversations with each other. At least you'd get credit for it."

[Angel_II] She had to laugh at that. As if she didn't have enough trouble staying awake in class.

[TheFallen] "Sounds like fun."

[Summers] Scott looked at Japh. He looked tired. "I'll uh, go clear my tennis gear off your bed." He stood up.

[TheFallen] ((Sorry about the double.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt got up and looked around the room some more. He recognised some of this stuff from when he lived here before. A few of it was even his.

[Japheth] "Yeah thanks, I still have to unpack my suitca... Crap I forgot to call my parents and tell them I'm still alive. It was fun, later." Japh said with a smile and waved as he walked out of the room.

[Elizabeth] "Heh...parental worry..."

[Summers] "I'll be back to help clean up." He he left the room.

[Fr.Wagner] He turned around again. "This was really great, thank you." He knew he'd said that probably a dozen times now, but... It... He just hadn't expected it.

Japheth exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie smiled sadly and ran a hand through her long hair. It was still rarther messy, but she wasn't so pale as she had been in the past few weeks

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you need any help Scott," Kurt asked.

[Elizabeth] She looked up at Warren. "Do you want to go ice skating again?"

[Elizabeth] "It doesn't have to be now....but it was quite fun."

[TheFallen] "No, I think I should go to bed. I'm tired," he said, suddenly rather short again. He seemed to have come out of his pondering mood.

[Angel_II] Angel stood up. "I'll start picking some of this stuff up..."

[Elizabeth] "I did mean tomorrow or some time," Lizzie said, her cheeks going red slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt watched Lizzie and Warren together. He had trouble reading Warren's intentions so he just hoped that Warren wouldn't pull her back down. That they wouldn't pull each other back down.

[Elizabeth] ((ice skating will be explained in a flog ))

[TheFallen] ((Well, it's been a good day. Mods, I fixed the colour bar problem.))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Three cheers!)

[TheFallen] ((Or seem to have.))

[Summers] ((Nacht still doesn't have pink))

[TheFallen] ((She hasn't refreshed.))

[Summers] Scott returned and began to put the lids back on the tuppweware containers.

[Angel_II] She busied herself gathering up various items.

[TheFallen] Elizabeth> "My pardon. I didn't mean to be so short. But I should go."

[Fr.Wagner] "Scott, this was your idea wasn't it?" Kurt said.

[Summers] "Hmm? Oh - yeah." Scott said, making a neat stack of containers.

[Elizabeth] "I know...I just wanted to ask that's all. Because I did have fun."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded at Elizabeth.

[Elizabeth] "Have a good sleep or whatever," Lizzie mumbled and looked away.

[TheFallen] He walked to the doorway. "Good night, all," he said over his shoulder and left, not expecting a response.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt closed his eyes, his head bowed in thanks. "It was such a wonderful idea Scott. And such an excellent way to reach out to the to the others. Good job Scott."

[Summers] "Hey, it was my pleasure, Fr. Wagner. You deserve thanks. I highly doubt Professor Xavier or anyone else would've hopped on a plane when my Aunt goes screaming and crying down a phone line." Feeling a bit emabarssed, he put a stack of dirty plates in Angel's hands.

[Summers] "Here you go, Angel. Dirty plates. Nice earrings, by the way."

[Angel_II] "Thanks." She grinned at him, even though the reference to his aunt made her stomach lurch a bit.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, thank you Scott. It's the best Christmas I've ever had."

[Fr.Wagner] He had his other eye on Lizzie and Warren. She looked very disappointed over something.

[TheFallen] ((Warren is now gone, but I'm still watching.))

[Elizabeth] "Do you need any help?" Lizzie asked, looking over to where Angel and Scott were clearing things up.

[Summers] "Yeah - just grab the soda bottles and take 'em to the kitchen." He said to Lizzie.

[TheFallen] ((God, I just realised he left without at least saying goodbye to Wagner or anything. That was rude; he didn't mean to do that. But he's in a bad mood.))

[TheFallen] ((Isn't it funny how you feel like an asshole for your character's actions sometimes? I just had to fight the urge to apologise to Em. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((LOL!))

[Angel_II] Angel had managed to get the decorations back in their box. "Need me to take anything to the kitchen, Scott?"

[Elizabeth] ((dude, how do you think I felt after the sodding bookcase thing?))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gathered any of the soda bottles Lizzie hadn't and carried them in.

[Angel_II] ((lol))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie picked up the bottles of soda....Why was it called soda, anyway?

[TheFallen] ((OK, I'm going to go. bbl, all; great instance!))

[Fr.Wagner] (( ))

[Angel_II] ((Later, Northstar!))

TheFallen exits from this room

[Elizabeth] ((bye!!))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie," Fr. Wagner said when they were in the kitchen. "I'd like to show you something."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. "Oh...okay?" What the hell?

[Summers] He took the stack of plastic containers and looked around to make sure he hadn't missed any.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner motioned of Lizzie to follow him. He lead her to his office.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie followed Wagner, a little unsure of why...
Elizabeth exits from this room

[Angel_II] She took the plates. "This was a really cool thing you did for him," she smiled again, more geniunely this time and left.

[Summers] Scott grinned to himself and followed into the kitchen.

Outside Wagner's Office

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt opened the door to his office, the unlocked door.

[Fr.Wagner] "Look inside," he said.

[Elizabeth] "I've seen inside your office...." Lizie said uncomfortably.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know. Have a look at it now." Kurt prompted.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie took a step into the office and glanced around....it was fine. Everything back to how it should be.

[Elizabeth] "So, you have a tidy office...is that all?" Lizzie asked, bristling slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Remember when we were talking about mistakes, and how things can be repaired."

[Fr.Wagner] "This is what it feels like."

[Elizabeth] "But these are just objects," Lizzie scoffed, gesturing to the neat office. "Emotions cannot be so easily repaired!"

[Elizabeth] "It takes time. And people who - who listen and care and understand....." Lizzie trailed off softly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Objects can be a beginning though. Right now, they are."

[Fr.Wagner] "And you have people who care and understand." Kurt put his hand on Lizzie's head and bent down almost like he would kiss her. Instead he brushed her hair from her eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is a new semester, you can start again. Just like this office."

[Elizabeth] "Honest?" Lizzie asked, her bottom lip trembling slighty. "After everything?"

[Elizabeth] Her arms moved up from her sides slightly as if she wanted to hug him but was too nervous to dare.

[Fr.Wagner] "It's okay Lizzie. And," Kurt grinned, "I'm only saying that because I mean it."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's eyes began to brim with tears slightly and she choked back a slight sob as she stepped forward and put her arms around him, clinging to him slightly as she had never hugged her own father or had even been allowed to.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was surprised to have Lizzie embrace him, tentatively at first and then so tightly it was like she was holding onto a life line.

[Fr.Wagner] And for what wasn't the first time, he couldn't think of anything to say. So knelt down and let her stay there as long as she wanted.

[Elizabeth] ((awwwwwwwwww))

[Elizabeth] ((and that's a sugar coated wrap))
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

I'd say this was set just before the party instance.

FLOG:

If I'm honest, it's probably been one of the worst Christmas holidays ever. Well, it wasn't actualy that bad from Christmas Day onwards, it was managable after then, even a bit fun.

I was sick for most of the beginning of the holidays and I still feel a bit ill now, so that probably didn't help my mood much at all.

James sent me a box of things from England like teabags and proper chocolate. The chocolate here is too weird and bitter. He also sent me a few 'family' things that won't mean anything to any of you lot, but half a world to me.

Oh and Warren got me the most beautiful fur lined cloak. It's so soft and warm! I'd be perfectly happy if it was winter all year round now! We wre both incredibly lazy on Christmas morning and fell asleep watching films. Thankkfully I didn't drool on my new cloak though ^-^

And it seems that neither of us are very good cooks. We almost blew the kitchen sky high trying to make brandy pudding. Well how were we supposed to know you're not supposed to put half a bottle in?

Less disasterous was when we went ice skating. I'd been cooped up for the entire hols until then and it had been such a long time since the last time I went skating...so we went. I think Warren agreed just to shut me up, but he is actually really really good at it! Better than me but then my legs are like a baby deer's right now.

I'm down to about a size 6 to 8 in UK size, which I think is a 2 - 4 to all you Americans. I've always been skinny and I have been ill so I wouldn't mind so much, but my bra is getting roomy now....

Oh...how awful. I have an excuse to go out and buy clothes. Lots and lots of clothes....

[Edited on 9-8-2006 by littlebamf]