Kurt's love interest?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Kurt's love interest?

Total votes: 0

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

But still why add to an already bloated character pool, I mean Cerise was meant to be Kurt's girlfriend, but that didn't work out, it's just no matter what that person's prime reason for existence will probably be "Kurt's Girlfriend"
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

It doesn't have to be that way, however. Nonetheless, I don't see any character within the Marvel Universe as being really compatible with Nightcrawler. The only solution if we want him paired up with anyone good for him would be to alter a pre-existing character or create a new one.

But that would have to be done well, thoroughly leading up to why so-and-so suddenly likes classic adventure movies, converts to the Catholic Church, or breaks it off with Black Panther and loses the whole goddess bit, for instance, or why she's even there to begin with. Any new character should have a thorough backstory outside of being Kurt's girl that is more than just a retcon to give her an exit strategy.

The fact that these things haven't been handled very well before doesn't mean that the whole idea is bad through and through.

[Edited on 5/7/06 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

So basically Kurt needs to take E-harmony's "29 degrees of compatiblity" and see who he finds? :smirk
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

No. Basically, writers need to think through these niggling little details before ever again deciding "Kurt needs a girlfriend. Okay, she's hot. She'll do."

[Edited on 6/7/06 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by confusedelf
...Cerise was meant to be Kurt's girlfriend, but that didn't work out...
She could have worked out if a new writer hadn't come in and decided he didn't want to use her...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by elfofdoom »

Yea damm Excalibure messed it up. :*) Mabey someone will come round Kurts actualy stays with. are the other one like the good old day.

flirt with as many woman as you can kut.
D.croft
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Originally posted by confusedelf
...Cerise was meant to be Kurt's girlfriend, but that didn't work out...
She could have worked out if a new writer hadn't come in and decided he didn't want to use her...
He probably decided he didn't want to use her because the whole "ditzy alien who doesn't understand the strange customs of Earth" thing had been played out and there was nothing else to do with her. Their relationship was amusing in the short term but would have gotten tedious and stupid if she'd stuck around much longer.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

Still, keeping Cerise around, in my opinion, would have been preferable to getting him back together with Amanda. As if enough crap hadn't already gone down between those two....

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by elfofdoom »

cerice!!
D.croft
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

There is a slight chance that Cerise may appear in the upcoming arc in Uncanny, but other than that it is a small chance that Cerise will make a reappearance, I agree with Spaz, Cerise didn't work out because the "Dizty alien thing" was something the next writer didn't want to carry on.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

^Nice new name:LOL

I've never like the Cerise relationship (cause I didn't read comics when it happened), but an appearance may be interesting in this upcoming arc.. it may give Kurt some time in the book
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
... it may give Kurt some time in the book...
Always a good thing ;)

...but it seems Brubaker and TPTB at Marvel want to give the spotlight to Vulcan and Wolverine Lite...sorry...Warpath...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

really? I haven't picked up an issue since Uncanny 471 (not my choice, I just haven't gotten the chance) and I was hoping Brubaker would give Kurt some spotlight in his run (considering he picked both Kurt and Rachel for his team specially) :bamf
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Okay...let's see...of the 22 pages...the count goes:

Vulcan: 1 page, 4 panels (I think I could handle him in that kind of a dose, but every third issue is gonna focus on the created-by-committee git)

Havok: 7 pages (mostly being nice to Polaris and telling her that whatever's happened she's still and X-Man and she should join the team...and hanging around in the background)

Marvel Girl: 7 pages (mostly blowing things up big time...and it taked Chuck two pages to ask her to join his "Let's stick it to Vulcan" team, even though she pretty much says "I'm in!" in the first panel)

Nightcrawler: 8 pages (one page where Chuck asks him to join the team...the rest are a couple of panels per, mostly sharing with Warpath, half-hidden in a teleport cloud or hanging around in the background)

Polaris: 10 pages (most of them focusing on her and her problems with some anti-Apocalypse group and bemoaning what said demigod wannabe did to her...and hanging off Havok)

Warpath: 11 pages (like Rachel, causing a lot of property damage...and he needed THREE pages to be convinced to join...fair enough really, seeing as he's never actually been an X-Man before...he's a pin-up on the cover of the next issue though)

So I guess the balance isn't too bad there...but the poster-ad in Ultimate Spider-Man #96 (I like Morbius...so sue me) with the caption "A new star will rise..." and a big picture of Warpath...and only Warpath...is what gives me the impression that Marvel's trying to make him their new golden boy..."If one surly, troubled guy with blades can make us pots of money, surely a second one can make us even more!"

Oh...and so I'm not totally off topic...no girlies make moonie eyes at Kurt through the entire issue :D

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by elfofdoom »

Kurt needs his own comic again. And a lady friend
D.croft
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Well Kurt's own comic failed, and so did his "lady-friend" from the comic he needs to stick to a team book for several years before there is a solo book again....(puts in plug for Kurt/Rachel and Madrox/Siryn)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

I would hardly call the solo series a failure. The powers that be failed the book. Failed to promote it, failed to do anything indicative that they actually wanted that book to succeed, and then gave it an untimely cancellation.

The solo series was awesome, and it could have been even better if it were allowed to continue, although Christine did come across as a bit desperate.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Alright look here, If a book only lasts twelve issues it's a failure, unless it's a miniseries. Heck all of the solo series of that spawning failed....Jubilee, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Rogue.

61 Nightcrawler #3 $2.99 Marvel 31,400
98 Nightcrawler #8 $2.99 Marvel 21,000
116 Nightcrawler #9 $2.99 Marvel 20,000
114 Nightcrawler #10 $2.99 Marvel 19,000
117 Nightcrawler #11 $2.99 Marvel 18,600
122 Nightcrawler 12 $2.99 Marvel 17,900

Looking at these numbers screamed "failed" to me, While you can scream that it's Marvel's fault for putting it on Hiatus and such it still doesn't change the fact that it didn't sell, and I believe that the cancelation wasn't untimely, I mean 12 issues is a nice number......so anyways back onto the topic of "Kurt's Ladyfriend"
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

See, the problem there is that you jump from issue 3 to issue 8, which was a really long time (the five or so month hiatus took place in between that tie, so many readers thought the book was cancelled and lost interest).. the reason the series was a failure was because aside from Darick and Roberto, it seemed as if nobody at Marvel wanted the book to go past 12 issues. How many ads for Nightcrawler did you see? and in retrospect, how many ads for House of M did you see several months later?! Obviously Marvel only published this book in order to get an easy buck, but when it came to House of M, they knew that something they hyped up as "THE event of the century!!" would be a better use of their time than a pitiful little solo series (that doesn't star Wolverine, anyway) :(

On-Topic now, I just wish Brubaker would care enough about Kurt to at least let him get the girl.. let him have a meaningful relationship like the one he and Christine shared..
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

I had trouble finding 4-6 on the charts.......still I hope he does have a realationship *cough* Rachel *cough* what everyone else in the Uncanny team is taken, unless he goes for Warpath....:smirk
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

Going for Rachel just because she 's the only available girl on the team isn't exactly a good reason.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Gimme a J-O-K-E , which that was, I have far better reasons for Kurt to be with Rachel.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Confizzle
Gimme a J-O-K-E , which that was, I have far better reasons for Kurt to be with Rachel.
Which are?

To me a relationship with her is almost as disturbing as one with Kitty...I was all for Kurt and Betsy until she got shoved off to Exiles...

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by elfofdoom »

Yes that why we need a new woman are a funny hey he stole my wife moment for storm and black pantha
D.croft
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by chicory »

Storm has a solid lead in this thread :LOL

Will Storm and Black Panther's relationship last?

After looking at that issue I feel a little better about the pairing. But, I still would have liked (or will like) to see her with Nightcrawler (if only for a little while.)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz